PDA

View Full Version : Gotwoot community *BETA*

Wilik
Sat, 02-12-2005, 03:58 AM
Check out the new gotwoot community, its currently in the beta stages so some of it dont work right. It uses your forums login/pass to access the restricted areas. Check it out here:
http://community.gotwoot.net/profile.php?id=7
This is my profile page, you can access your own profile page by simply changing the id=7 to your user id on the forums. Let me know of any bugs you run into in this thread.

As of now you can add friends and send private messages. Things to come are ability to create groups, join groups, add blogs to your profile page and other 'stuff' i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

kAi
Sat, 02-12-2005, 04:03 AM
everyone use the feature or suffer consequences.

you can send messages that link to the forum and add friends. no groups yet...soon
it runs on your forum log/pass so it's all good

This is the next stage for making Gotwoot an even better place, people get involved

still not fully developed, report bugs to Wilik!

DO
Sat, 02-12-2005, 04:30 AM
Nice, I'll be sure to check it out and do my part.

Samanosuke
Sat, 02-12-2005, 05:24 AM
dip set purple city byrd gang accepting applications.

Kn1ves
Sat, 02-12-2005, 06:14 AM
checked it out, dont really know what i can do..so... *shruggs* good idea though

kAi
Sat, 02-12-2005, 08:21 AM
well at the moment there isn't much to it, but it shall be good when it's finished, you can add friends only, soon there will be groups and blogs where you can rant.
there is a search button to find users and that's all, but more to come and soon.

Terracosmo
Sat, 02-12-2005, 09:38 AM
Looks awesome.

But I have no friends!! ;_______;

SK
Sat, 02-12-2005, 09:42 AM
im such a loser i have no friends to add i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

KitKat
Sat, 02-12-2005, 10:28 AM
Wilik, this is cool! Is there a way to tell if you're logged in? I actually had to attempt an action before it prompted me to log in. Can there be a visible log in button somewhere?

NM
Sat, 02-12-2005, 10:56 AM
This is pretty cool Wilik! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif I cant wait for the groups and the other stuff you mentioned to be up and working!

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 02-12-2005, 11:32 AM
Yea I know im stupid, but where can I find my ID #?

KitKat
Sat, 02-12-2005, 12:00 PM
I tried to find my id # too, but gave up looking. The best thing to do is click 'Search', and do a search for your username, then that will take you to your profile page, and you'll be able to see your id # in the address bar.

Aeon
Sat, 02-12-2005, 12:18 PM
I have no friends either i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

jing
Sat, 02-12-2005, 12:37 PM
Kitkat is my friend =D

Arcn3ss
Sat, 02-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Damn you ppl and your friends...Its mirroring real life.

Haku_san has 0 friends

I cant seem to add them. I go to add and it goes to the next page blank. I ve accepted other ppl as friends via PM but they dont show up on my list.

Bud mention a cookie issue, but i allowed all cookies and it still didnt work.

Assertn
Sat, 02-12-2005, 01:23 PM
zomg, its just like facebook!

and you guys ridiculed me for that!!

Aeon
Sat, 02-12-2005, 01:30 PM
Come on people add me so I don't feel lonly.

Wilik
Sat, 02-12-2005, 01:36 PM
Haku_san, what browser do you use? did it prompt you to login? after you logged in did you see the page?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 02-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Same happened for me Haku. I use firefox and after I click "log in" it just goes to a blank screen.

Assertn
Sat, 02-12-2005, 01:51 PM
firefox works fine for me

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 02-12-2005, 02:05 PM
i got a blank screen too after logging in (using mozilla)

Wilik
Sat, 02-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Should be fixed now, let me know if you still have problems

Wilik
Sat, 02-12-2005, 03:31 PM
myprofile page now working, you can now add blogs to your public profile page for others to view, up next groups!

Wilik
Sat, 02-12-2005, 03:54 PM
main page now works, you can go there to see up to date info on whats going on in the community section as well as login to access your private profile page
http://community.gotwoot.net

Wilik
Sat, 02-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Groups can now be created, soon to come is the ability to join groups and invite to groups!

GLS
Sat, 02-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Awesome!

About the "View Inbox" option, is that gonna coincide with our Private messages, or is it separate?

Wilik
Sat, 02-12-2005, 07:17 PM
yea its a community access to your private messages

Hellraiser
Sat, 02-12-2005, 09:14 PM
so exactly what does being in a group do for you?

im currently offering my friendship for free so take advantage of that.

Assertn
Sat, 02-12-2005, 09:16 PM
VIP access

Knives122
Sat, 02-12-2005, 09:20 PM
to what exactly?

Kn1ves
Sun, 02-13-2005, 01:59 AM
you cant edit blogs and going to view all blogs gives blank page

kAi
Sun, 02-13-2005, 05:31 AM
you guys can invite people to join your groups and what not now.

edit:
Kn1ves: that's fixed.

Assertn
Sun, 02-13-2005, 05:51 AM
knives.....i was joking......the whole purpose of the community thing is for fun, and so is being in groups

Terracosmo
Sun, 02-13-2005, 10:21 AM
Wee I got friends. My life has meaning yet again!

Winged Dancer
Sun, 02-13-2005, 11:45 AM
I like the idea. And it'll attract new people, I think. As long as we don't end up having a bunch of sniveling teens a la LiveJournal, I'm all for it... toying around with it as of now.

KitKat
Sun, 02-13-2005, 12:21 PM
I was just wondering, what's the difference between a group name and a group title?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sun, 02-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Yeah I was wondering that too.

Knives122
Sun, 02-13-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
knives.....i was joking......the whole purpose of the community thing is for fun, and so is being in groups

yeah I know you were, I was just doing one of those sarcastic why things(that thing when you keep saying why over and over)

Wilik
Sun, 02-13-2005, 01:28 PM
The groups will be expanded on, for now however there really isnt much of a difference between the name and the title

Munsu
Sun, 02-13-2005, 03:39 PM
Well... my group has evolved to the recruiting phase...

http://community.gotwoot.net/groups.php?id=11&page=view <--- join it, it's free and you'll finally be able to call yourself "Cool"...

Mae
Sun, 02-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Ohhh... I have always wanted to be "cool".... But "Worshipers's"?

KitKat
Sun, 02-13-2005, 04:36 PM
Ah groups, so fun. I get the honour of being the first to join Bud's group i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terra, you should revive the Kimimaro Fan Club as a group.

Edit: Oh yeah, I've created a Canadian group, for anyone who is Canadian, or likes Canadians, or wishes they were Canadian, or wants to learn how to build an igloo.
http://community.gotwoot.net/groups.php?id=14&page=view

Arcn3ss
Sun, 02-13-2005, 04:38 PM
For all you Xenogears Fans....*coughs* addicts....

http://community.gotwoot.net/groups.php?id=12&page=view <-- Join..

Mut
Sun, 02-13-2005, 06:40 PM
i'm so cool!

r3n
Sun, 02-13-2005, 06:45 PM
created an art fanatics group, go join all you fanart/sigmaking freaks

Gods_Son
Sun, 02-13-2005, 07:12 PM
I'm not your friend, and I don't want to join your group. Stop PMing me.

SK
Sun, 02-13-2005, 08:42 PM
lol i think its cool, can i join your art grp r3n, i can pencil a lil bit.

Wilik
Sun, 02-13-2005, 08:57 PM
if a group is public you dont need to request to join, just click the join link.

Terracosmo
Mon, 02-14-2005, 02:03 AM
Join the best group ever!

http://community.gotwoot.net/groups.php?id=24&page=view

anime050
Tue, 02-15-2005, 01:44 AM
btw guys. Whoever does any kind of fansubbing PM me.

kooshi
Tue, 02-15-2005, 01:51 AM
This is for the Triple Triad Advance that Terra gave the link to.

TTA Group (http://community.gotwoot.net/groups.php?id=26&page=view)

Munsu
Thu, 02-17-2005, 09:01 AM
speaking of which... i was playing one day and i think i played with someone called kooshi... i kicked his ass

PSJ
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by: KitKat
Ah groups, so fun. I get the honour of being the first to join Bud's group

Terra, you should revive the Kimimaro Fan Club as a group.

Edit: Oh yeah, I've created a Canadian group, for anyone who is Canadian, or likes Canadians, or wishes they were Canadian, or wants to learn how to build an igloo.
http://community.gotwoot.net/groups.php?id=14&page=view

who would join that?

Hellraiser
Thu, 02-17-2005, 02:46 PM
jing, hakusan, a50, kooshi, boc, kain.

kooshi
Thu, 02-17-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
speaking of which... i was playing one day and i think i played with someone called kooshi... i kicked his ass

Yup, that was me. Got owned harshly, haha.

Hellraiser
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:13 PM
what the shit? basey you cant be in the mut@t@ fanclub and haters club. its not cool.

basey44
Thu, 02-17-2005, 11:42 PM
mua hahahahha
thats what u get for making them public groups

Haku no Fuyu
Fri, 02-18-2005, 10:13 AM
hehe I just joined "Asians" so far there are.....three of us.

Board of Command
Fri, 02-18-2005, 01:14 PM
Join the Maddox Fanclub
http://community.gotwoot.net/groups.php?page=join&id=31

Hellraiser
Fri, 02-18-2005, 01:36 PM
how do i kick someone out of a group?

Munsu
Fri, 02-18-2005, 02:50 PM
well my group currently has 15 people... there are still some positions open, get them will you can, my worship group...

http://community.gotwoot.net/groups.php?page=join&id=11

Hellraiser
Fri, 02-18-2005, 03:29 PM
whatever. mut@t@'s cooler than you. The Great Lords Fanclub (http://community.gotwoot.net/groups.php?id=28&page=view)

Mr.X
Fri, 02-18-2005, 05:49 PM
i don't get why your the owner of the mut@t@ fanclub.....wtf.

Hellraiser
Fri, 02-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Your just jealous.

Knives122
Fri, 02-18-2005, 07:27 PM
yeah we're so jealous b/c you started a fanclub of the biggest ass in this forum

Mr.X
Sat, 02-19-2005, 11:42 AM
i need friends.....so lonely....

Hellraiser
Sat, 02-19-2005, 03:34 PM
You can join the loners club.

Deblas
Sat, 02-19-2005, 03:50 PM
Im lonelyi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. I don't have any friends

Mut
Sat, 02-19-2005, 04:23 PM
OT rant:

This is retarded. You guys blame me as if I just came on the boards just to call you guys stupid. Wrong. It's not my fault that you guys are periodically spewing truck loads of dumb and nonsensical posts every five minutes. You guys are the very reason why I am an ass. Stop saying retarded shit and I won't call you on it. It's really simple. Do I ever someone like Budweineken or Haku-san an idiot? No, do you know why? It's cuz they think before they post, know the rules, and use common sense. Granted, I am an ass and I admit that, but I don't say anything someone can't handle OVER THE INTERNET. I don't go around telling people that they should get aids or cancer nor do I ridicule people who can't defend themselves (family/friends/people who don't know me or use the forums/irc). You guys are just bunch of softie marshmallows that are offended and complain about the slightest things. I don't have to cater to your vag feelings and emotions and the same goes for you. All you whiney ass kids are gonna eaten alive in the real world if you can't handle a few words said by a random person you don't even know over the internet.

Yay, now more people hate me.

Deblas
Sat, 02-19-2005, 04:38 PM
Hey Mut. Are you mad?

EDIT: Yay, I have friends!

Mut
Sat, 02-19-2005, 04:41 PM
i'm mad at how stupid so many people are.

Deblas
Sat, 02-19-2005, 04:47 PM
If you dont want people to hate you then why don't you just stop bashing people over the internet. Even if they say stupide things. will it really help bashing them.

Mut
Sat, 02-19-2005, 04:56 PM
I never said anything about not wanting people to hate me, please don't make random stuff. People liking or disliking me is none of my concern and I could care less seeing as how most of you are individuals I don't care about.

My rant was about WHY I am an ass. I'll say it again, you guys are the reason. So... is there a reason why you guys are constantly saying stupid stuff? Because if you can tell me, I'd understand it a bit more.

Originally posted by: Deblas
If you couldnt care less then why did you post that. If you dont care that people hate you then theres no need to post a reason for people hating you. Your giving the impresssion that you dont want the people to hate you by posting that message.
No, I'm actually not. I was being nice and doing you guys a favor by telling you why and how you can stop getting ridiculed. You guys should take advantage of the opportunity.

Deblas
Sat, 02-19-2005, 05:04 PM
If you couldnt care less then why did you post that. If you dont care that people hate you then theres no need to post a reason for people hating you. Your giving the impresssion that you dont want the people to hate you by posting that message.

TwisT
Sat, 02-19-2005, 05:40 PM
I dont have any friends.. I'm so unpopular:'(

Anyways i dont really understand why ppl jump on Mut all the time.. Cant you defend yourself?? It's probably just as he says, you say stuppid things and then he bash you, and since you really was stuppid you dont have anything to say to your defence and start whining.. Well that just my opinion..

Assertn
Sat, 02-19-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by: TwisT
I dont have any friends.. I'm so unpopular:'(

Anyways i dont really understand why ppl jump on Mut all the time.. Cant you defend yourself?? It's probably just as he says, you say stuppid things and then he bash you, and since you really was stuppid you dont have anything to say to your defence and start whining.. Well that just my opinion..

says the guy who joined the Mut@t@ hater's club

TwisT
Sat, 02-19-2005, 05:47 PM
Yeah i know.. But it was the first time i went in to the community-part and the two groups i knew about was ether the fanclubb or haters group.. And i wanted to try out to join a group..

EDIT: And it was more ppl in the haters-group and it looked like all the swedes was in there ^^

EDIT 2: BTW i cant see any kint of discussions in there.. is not that the point of those groups?? Is that a feat. that will be added later??

Wilik
Wed, 02-23-2005, 03:20 AM
Lots of new additions to the community, check out whats new at http://community.gotwoot.net

basey44
Wed, 02-23-2005, 04:04 AM
lol has everyone checked out the loner club? its just hellraiser

Rek
Wed, 02-23-2005, 07:40 AM
would it still be a loner club if there were actual members?

joker-kun
Wed, 02-23-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
OT rant:

This is retarded. You guys blame me as if I just came on the boards just to call you guys stupid. Wrong. It's not my fault that you guys are periodically spewing truck loads of dumb and nonsensical posts every five minutes. You guys are the very reason why I am an ass. Stop saying retarded shit and I won't call you on it. It's really simple. Do I ever someone like Budweineken or Haku-san an idiot? No, do you know why? It's cuz they think before they post, know the rules, and use common sense. Granted, I am an ass and I admit that, but I don't say anything someone can't handle OVER THE INTERNET. I don't go around telling people that they should get aids or cancer nor do I ridicule people who can't defend themselves (family/friends/people who don't know me or use the forums/irc). You guys are just bunch of softie marshmallows that are offended and complain about the slightest things. I don't have to cater to your vag feelings and emotions and the same goes for you. All you whiney ass kids are gonna eaten alive in the real world if you can't handle a few words said by a random person you don't even know over the internet.

This may be a bit late, but i'm inclined to agree with Mut. Sure he's rude, flames people, maybe he's driven a few people away (I probably have too.). He has a strong point though, half of you guys are idiots, and he's entitled to say so. I have heard said by some that the old member don't allow people in the community. This may be true, but it is for reason. People like Mut and myself, have seen this forum grow, we have watched it at its highest and its lowest, we know the rules, and how they used to be upheld. So for all you people saying Mut@t@ spews garbage logic, he knows the forum better then ALOT of the other members, and he knows the rules.

Instead of whining saying he's and ass and acting like you're in grade 1. Try proving him wrong, try posting some intellectual topics/posts. Try not spamming, try actually affecting the forum in a positive way. The real irony of all this, is sure Mut@t@ may be one flamer, but EVERY person who has called him an ass, has flamed him. The true asses of these forums are whiners who constantly spam with posts about the so called "ass" (being Mut). The people who know virtually nothing of this forum, and alot I can say have affected it in a nagative way.

So who is the true ass? The one who says fact about how people litter this forum with their garbage, or the one's who may be stating fact that Mut is an ass, but appear like they have the mind of a 3yo, and spam without realizing by saying Mut is an ass in every second post they make. Either way you're both saying fact, the only difference is, mut has enough people to constantly be able to go on with his facts. You guys just seem like you have some sick obsession with him. Either ignore him, or prove him wrong, but atleast give it up.

Terracosmo
Wed, 02-23-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
would it still be a loner club if there were actual members?

This made me laugh out aloud for some reason

KitKat
Thu, 02-24-2005, 02:25 PM
I've been noticing a small bug. When I am in a blog page, then click on one of the groups on the left, in that person's group list, it takes me to a blank page.

Edit: Oh also, for a group that I've been invited to but haven't joined, when I go there I see the options 'Leave group' and 'Post hotspot' even though I'm technically not in the group cause I haven't joined it yet.

Hellraiser
Thu, 02-24-2005, 10:56 PM
Shit you guys are mean. I'd leave but I can't.

KitKat
Sat, 02-26-2005, 10:56 PM
Yay! So many new features added to the community! It's looking better and better.

I don't know if you're working on this already, but when I click on a group hotspot from the main page under 'Newest Hotspots' it takes me there but I have no idea what group that hotspot is posted under since the information at the side only tells the owner, etc. It might be good to have the name of the group in there somewhere, or a link that will take you to the main group page from the hotspot.

Edit: Oh wait, I missed the 'Group Profile' link....lol....although I still think the group name should be displayed somewhere.

Hellraiser
Sat, 02-26-2005, 11:47 PM
What's a Group Hotspot do?

Mut
Sat, 05-14-2005, 05:09 AM
Guys two new blogs up by YTheAlien and I.

Y's: click (http://community.gotwoot.net/blog.php?userid=547&id=75&page=view)
Mine: click (http://community.gotwoot.net/blog.php?userid=727&id=74&page=view)

Have fun reading! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

EDIT: Please don't post your responses here. Post them on our blogs and make your own blogs as well. Let's get this more active!

EDIT 2: These blogs contain more than 3 sentences so be ware! i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

Y
Sat, 05-14-2005, 04:12 PM
Any and all comments are appreciated.

Except for fucking shitty ones. Refer to Mut's entry.

SK
Sat, 05-14-2005, 04:24 PM
some real comments there now Y.

Terracosmo
Sat, 05-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Your blogs suck, there's not enough teenage angst in them. And no hatred for your parents. Losers!
You need a picture of me on top of your blogs to increase the obligatory emo value!

Mut
Sat, 05-14-2005, 06:20 PM
It'd be really cool if html or forum tag functions were implemented on our blogs. Also, it'd be cool if you can edit your own comments.

Originally posted by: Mut@t@
Guys two new blogs up by YTheAlien and I.

Y's: click (http://community.gotwoot.net/blog.php?userid=547&id=75&page=view)
Mine: click (http://community.gotwoot.net/blog.php?userid=727&id=74&page=view)

Have fun reading!

EDIT: Please don't post your responses here. Post them on our blogs and make your own blogs as well. Let's get this more active!

EDIT 2: These blogs contain more than 3 sentences so be ware!
gogogogogo.

KitKat
Mon, 05-16-2005, 04:29 PM
Hey Wilik, is there any way the comments can be viewed/added for old blogs? The 'show all blogs' feature shows all the blogs but minus the comments. It would be cool if comments on old blogs were still retrievable somehow.

ChaosK
Tue, 05-17-2005, 05:21 PM
hmm i leave for a week and i come back the sites upgraded? interesting!

the blog stuff is pretty nice. I'm not gonna weep about having no friends really...

Hellraiser
Thu, 05-19-2005, 06:47 PM
How do you disband a group?

SK
Sat, 05-21-2005, 01:16 PM
i think its bugged?

ChaosK
Sat, 05-21-2005, 02:07 PM
why did you create a group u want to disband?

SK
Fri, 05-27-2005, 11:21 AM
my blog owns yours
http://community.gotwoot.net/b...mp;id=90&page=view (http://community.gotwoot.net/blog.php?userid=9504&id=90&page=view)

a_odessey
Thu, 07-28-2005, 02:19 AM
woo hoo. join the bleach lovers' hotspot here (http://community.gotwoot.net/groups.php?id=46&page=view)!