PDA

View Full Version : Anime title

MisterBiggs
Fri, 02-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Does anyone even know why this anime is called Bleach? So far in all 17 episodes that i have seen, i dont know why its called Bleach yet.

kooshi
Fri, 02-11-2005, 07:42 PM
The only thing I can think of as for now is that Ichigo has always been accused that his hair color was always bleached. Heh, it would be a stupid reason, but that's the only one I can think of for now.

-ANBU-Sasuke-
Fri, 02-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by: kooshi
The only thing I can think of as for now is that Ichigo has always been accused that his hair color was always bleached. Heh, it would be a stupid reason, but that's the only one I can think of for now.

Yeah thats the only reason I could really make out. I wonder if there is a more in-depth reasoning for the title.

kAi
Fri, 02-11-2005, 10:47 PM
i don't think there is more of a reason, i just think it's because his hair.
but i like this name.

TheEvil1
Fri, 02-11-2005, 10:47 PM
having read teh manga im gonna go with because of ichigos hair, however it coudl be that its just not been revealed yet

pegasussaint
Fri, 02-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Its called Bleach because "bleach" the cleaner is used to whiten things, to sanitize or clean. As a Soul Reaper his job is to send souls to the Soul Society which also means to cleanse the Hollows as well. Hence the name.

Aeon
Fri, 02-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by: pegasussaint
Its called Bleach because "bleach" the cleaner is used to whiten things, to sanitize or clean. As a Soul Reaper his job is to send souls to the Soul Society which also means to cleanse the Hollows as well. Hence the name.

Nah I'm going with the hair as well.

jing
Fri, 02-11-2005, 11:39 PM

i like this theory better. afterall, he admitted that his hair is his natural colour. besides.. i don't know if you actually need to bleach your hair to get it orange? couldn't you just use dye.

Mass Suicide
Sat, 02-12-2005, 02:31 AM
i'm gonna go with pegasussaint theory because both are right to a certain extent.

GuardianShado
Sun, 02-13-2005, 10:02 PM
come to think of it, how would u even get ur hair orange with bleach? wouldnt it turn yellow? (or in a friend's case, green cuz his hair used to be brown O_o)

Trip
Mon, 02-14-2005, 04:06 PM
I think it is an abstract name that has nothing really to do with the series.

Rek
Mon, 02-14-2005, 05:57 PM
depends on temperature and color of hair to begin with....

if some japanese dude did a crap job of bleaching his hair, it could turn orange....

ryan92084
Tue, 02-15-2005, 11:51 AM
my hair turns orange from bleach......will never do that one again

LiquidNight
Fri, 02-18-2005, 09:28 PM
I think its just because all manga artists/writers are crazy, and that's just what Tite Kubo (Kubo Tite? I can never remember the order to put his name in...) felt like calling the series
He probably has some underlying reason, but whether we get told or not is his decision

The Cursed Kyubi
Sat, 02-19-2005, 04:27 PM
I think it's a humorous title because the anime likes to be funny, so they name the anime after a stupid reason of people teasing the main character of bleaching his hair.

danholo
Wed, 02-23-2005, 08:06 AM
I was thinking of the cleansing theory as well. Bleaching to be precise. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif I don't think naming a series after hair is quite smart while "Bleach" fits perfectly as a series title since that is what Soul Reapers do to Hollows.

moogie-
Sun, 02-27-2005, 12:14 PM
i thought bleaching your hair makes the color lighter, hence easier to dye. -not turn it into a different color.

Munsu
Sun, 02-27-2005, 12:23 PM
well... for some people when they try to Bleach their hair it turns into an orangie color... so it's still a plausible reason

jing
Sun, 02-27-2005, 12:55 PM
it would turn orange if your hair was like previosly brown.

Be Cool
Sat, 03-12-2005, 08:12 AM
as long as the animation attractive who care..

Y
Sat, 03-12-2005, 09:58 AM
Hey Be Cool. Get rid of that sig.

BravoSector
Wed, 03-23-2005, 03:26 PM

This I agree with. I think his hair really is bleached, even though he doesn't admit it. I believe we'll eventually see him with his natural hair color (what ever it may be). i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif Nope, jk.

Shaka Zulu
Fri, 04-22-2005, 04:44 PM
He must have been a strange kid,bleaching his hair wen he was as young as 6 years old(or was it 9?),because in the flashback of wen his mother dies,his hair is orange.But who cares really,I dont think they put that much thought to the name.

Kardiva
Mon, 04-25-2005, 09:40 PM
haha, well put Shaka. I think it's a cool title regardless of why it's called bleach. I feel very cool telling all my friends that i dont feel like going out cause i need to watch the latest episode of "bleach." I prob wouldn't feel cool though if i tried to explain that the reason it's called bleach is because the main character bleached his hair.

kpxiceboi
Sun, 06-05-2005, 01:03 PM
maybe dey were think of a name, and da 1st thing dey saw was detergent, so they were like, les call it bleach
reasonable, lol, dont kill for dis.

ChaosK
Sun, 06-05-2005, 01:28 PM
its called bleach because his hair looks like its bleached, its acctually natural. His hair being bleach was acctually one of the motivations that makes him different and strong.

TruthofMistake
Wed, 06-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by: kpxiceboi
maybe dey were think of a name, and da 1st thing dey saw was detergent, so they were like, les call it bleach
reasonable, lol, dont kill for dis.

....now im by no means a smart person and as you can probably tell by reading this i dont usually care about punctuation(hell i dont even think i spelled it correctly and im in an honors english class, <3 public school) but at least my posts are legible. i actually had to try to read this, do you have some horrible program where you type what you want to say in and they "thug" it or something because this is fucking annoying to puzzle out

oh and on topic i like the bleach - purifier idea because while i wouldnt put it past them to name an anime over some minute detail like that id like to think they put more thought into it.... and the theory mentioned in the above quote (if you can read it) is just plain dumb.... i hope it was a joke (yes im the person who defended myself by saying "dont bash ppls opinions but at least i put some thought into mine)

( go ahead and flame me some more for not liking berserk i wont read it i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif )

kpxiceboi
Thu, 06-09-2005, 01:05 AM
fuck you, you little fruit. shit. its a fuckin habit. just cuz i write differently than your faggit ass, you think you better than me?
fuck you stupid bitch. its not that fuckin hard 2 read, dumbass bitch. thats probably cuz you go to a fuckin public school.
swear faggits these days.

Shut up. Stop cursing and read the rules about writing in crapy grammar and spelling. TruthofMistake, ignore him and don't respond back to his posts.

GotWoot Moderator

zalatoy
Thu, 06-09-2005, 03:11 AM
truth of mistake you need to shut up, and stop braging that your in a honers english clas wow you fat geek.

i can read iceboi perfectly, but people like truth get to me. go cry to your momy that some one on a mesege board cant type as good as you booo hoo. get a life.

on the topic i realy think its becouse of his hair. in this last epis they show a sfash back that he got beaten up becuse of his hair and that he is diff. makes good sence to me.

ya i cant spell maybe the fing english language needs to get updated once in a vile like the rest.

Mut
Thu, 06-09-2005, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by: zalatoy
truth of mistake you need to shut up, and stop braging that your in a honers english clas wow you fat geek.

i can read iceboi perfectly, but people like truth get to me. go cry to your momy that some one on a mesege board cant type as good as you booo hoo. get a life.
It's not about that. We have rules about typing properly. This isn't an AOL chatroom, people need to stop typing like that.

manx
Thu, 06-09-2005, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@chi

Originally posted by: zalatoy

It's not about that. We have rules about typing properly. This isn't an AOL chatroom, people need to stop typing like that.

way to keep everyone in line, aol is dead, learn to type.

TruthofMistake
Thu, 06-09-2005, 07:10 AM
zalatoy youv got me pegged damn am i fat i meen wow im 126 pounds and 6 feet tall.... actually though iv had people come up and ask if im anorexic or bulimic or have some other eating disorder because im so skinny and as to me bragging about my honors english class i really dont think it was an accomplishment to get into its an easy class i doubt even iceboi here could fail it and thats saying something... oh and as to your response grats your grammar got better in that post although it still leaves a lot to be desired

kpxiceboi
Thu, 06-09-2005, 09:33 AM
truth quit being a fag. go home, no one likes you. esp your parents. they were obliged to fuckin raise you. o yea, got 2100 on my SAT so stfu, stupid fag.

It's not about that. We have rules about typing properly. This isn't an AOL chatroom, people need to stop typing like that. ok, that was my fault but, still at least say that instead of fucking say whatever shit you said. fuck conceited mother fucker.

Guys, I said SHUT UP. Drop the stupid argument and get bak on topic. Last warning to everyone.

GotWoot Moderator

kpxiceboi
Thu, 06-09-2005, 07:05 PM
alrite, just wanna apologize to truth. im just freakin stressed on finals and junk that i bursted. getting 2 hrs sleep a day isnt help either.
so truth my fault for burstin. still think the animators couldnt think of a name and just decided to name bleach.

TruthofMistake
Thu, 06-09-2005, 07:08 PM
well iceboi i accept your apology and woud like to submit my own for being an ass about how i criticized your style of err posting but when ppl post like that it just gets on my nerves because most seem to think theyre "thugs" because they talk like that so i just went ahead and took a shot at you i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

kpxiceboi
Thu, 06-09-2005, 07:52 PM
me thug, hahaa, dont like em either -.-;; stupid thugs. i got beaten up by dem many times, and beat dem up many times 2 ;]

ChaosK
Thu, 06-09-2005, 08:57 PM
great a hug and they made up...anyway back to discussion:

I REALLY dont think that the name bleach is completely random..like kpxiceboi said...

kpxiceboi
Thu, 06-09-2005, 10:26 PM
lol, yea, haha im sure it wasnt random like that. its just really funny to me. lol. when i first heard of bleach i pictured something like tide or some junk like that in my head. lol

Itachi_y2k5
Fri, 06-10-2005, 10:05 AM
maybe one of the people who are high up in the "hierachy" had there hair bleached recently lol

ChaosK
Fri, 06-10-2005, 09:22 PM
i didnt watch bleach from start because the title bleach didnt really interest me, i thought it'd be like "a day as a clerk at a laundromat...i'm glad its not i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Zein
Wed, 06-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Chaoskiddo, i thought like the same thing, because theirs animes out their about tennis, chess, and lots of other "shouldnt be an anime" animes, good thing its actually good i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Death BOO Z
Wed, 06-15-2005, 04:31 PM
Zein, you 're aware that Prince of tennis anime was probably more popular in japan than Naruto is?
Mitsuru Adachi made two manga's of over 20 volumes about baseball, Hikaru no go was also as popular as Naruto at it's peak and Yakitate Japan manga has won one of the biggest awards in the manga industry latly.

face it, "and lots of other "shouldnt be an anime" animes" are much better than most of the shonen crap you're probably considering to be 'real anime'...

give me a story about hair cutting and i'll take over any other 'boy suddenly has a mircale power and goes to kick ass with his super stamina and determination',

masamuneehs
Wed, 06-15-2005, 07:33 PM

I agree with this one too. It just seems too trivial and minor a thing for the title of the entire thing to be about Ichigo's damn hair. And they really haven't gone too much in depth about his hair, or his feelings on it. They have paid alot of attention to the "balance" between Soul Society and the Living World and Zanpaktous do seem to "purify" Hollows... a much bigger element of the story than just one guy's hair color.

Especially with the emergence of the intrigue and plot within Soul Society itself, with all the Shinigami Capt. and Liets. gaining more air time and importance, I can't imagine the title is based just on Ichigo.

ChaosK
Wed, 06-15-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs

I agree with this one too. It just seems too trivial and minor a thing for the title of the entire thing to be about Ichigo's damn hair. And they really haven't gone too much in depth about his hair, or his feelings on it. They have paid alot of attention to the "balance" between Soul Society and the Living World and Zanpaktous do seem to "purify" Hollows... a much bigger element of the story than just one guy's hair color.

Especially with the emergence of the intrigue and plot within Soul Society itself, with all the Shinigami Capt. and Liets. gaining more air time and importance, I can't imagine the title is based just on Ichigo.

That would no longer work because now Ichigo is fighting against other Death Gods, not hollows.

masamuneehs
Thu, 06-16-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo

Originally posted by: masamuneehs

That would no longer work because now Ichigo is fighting against other Death Gods, not hollows.

So you are claiming that because the current plot doesn't have to do with Hollows that my notion is false? Rather than just call your retort stupid and leave it at that I think I'll explain. The name of the show doesn't need to pertain to every episode, nor to every story arc or theme. There's even a trend in short stories where authors name their stories after an insignificant item, place or idea that only shows up once and hardly realtes to or impacts anything in the plot.

It doesn't matter who Ichigo is currently fighting against, because the overall premise of the show is not Ichigo vs. Death Gods. It is Death Gods vs. Hollows. That being the original basis of the show, the point where everything started at (and, I will venture a guess, where it will ultimatley conclude) the theory that the title has to do with Zanpaktous purifying Hollows still holds.

If animes, or any show for that matter, followed your line of thought then the title would change with every different story arc, which makes 0 sense. Naruto would be called Neji, in episodes about Neji, or Rock Lee, when focusing on Rock Lee. You can see what I'm getting at. The current story line has almost no pertinence to the title of the entire show.

Oh, and instead of just dismissing peoples' theories and ideas in broad, illogical, one sentence posts try submitting your own opinion or idea and defending it, or at least offering more than 1 reason why another person's idea is wrong.

ChaosK
Thu, 06-16-2005, 08:19 PM
it now seems the majority of this anime will now revolve around him saving rukia and fighting death gods, this is what i meant by it "no longer works" becausenow i think of him fighting the hollows in the beginning more of an introduction to his death god powers, and an introduction of all the characters in this anime. Unless you're saying that he is now purifying the death gods in which they're job IS to purify so purifying a purifyer doesnt really make sense.

masamuneehs
Thu, 06-16-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
it now seems the majority of this anime will now revolve around him saving rukia and fighting death gods, this is what i meant by it "no longer works" becausenow i think of him fighting the hollows in the beginning more of an introduction to his death god powers, and an introduction of all the characters in this anime. Unless you're saying that he is now purifying the death gods in which they're job IS to purify so purifying a purifyer doesnt really make sense.

Once again it seems we totally miscommunicate, or perhaps simply fail to understand one another.
I am merely pointing out why I think the show is called Bleach. I don't think the current plotline has much influence over what the Name of the anime is. I believe the original part of the show, Death Gods purifying Hollow souls, is the reason for the title Bleach. No, Ichigo is NOT purifying Death Gods, nor did I ever say anthing to that affect. If anyone is trying to purify Soul Society I would imagine it to be the instigators of the tension in the Court of Pure Souls (i say its Capt. Kuchiki) by making it even more revolved around rank and social classes, with the elite nobility ruling with an iron fist.

That aside, while perhaps the "purifying Hollows" things is only an intro, like you suggest, to the characters and their powers, the fact that it is the starting point of the story also suggests the author started there and would have taken his title from the first themes and concepts that dominate the beginning of the show. That being said I believe that you are mistaken when you stress the importance of this current story arc on the title. Yes the story revolves around the rescue CURRENTLY. But we have several Hollow issues to finish yet... Perhaps this arc will go on for a long time, but I still believe the title of the anime is based on either the beginning or the end of the entire anime, not just this middle ground storyline.

The title of the show is supposed to represent the show in its entirety, beginning middle and end. And I'll bet you right now that this arc isn't where Bleach ends. "it no longer works" as a title seems quite silly to say.

ChaosK
Fri, 06-17-2005, 11:59 PM
yes now i understand what your getting at but all i'm saying is, i think the hollow's were just a stepping stone for ichigo to get up to a real death god level, lets face it, if he was still fighting death gods the way he fought hollow's he would've gotten owned by ikkaku.