View Full Version : Episode 121 Discussion

Terracosmo
Thu, 02-10-2005, 12:31 AM
http://valethcosmo.free.fr/kimikimi.jpeg

Mut
Thu, 02-10-2005, 12:33 AM
they butchered kimimaro's coolness.

flashbacks suck.

EDIT: i just killed a mosquito, and i pictured the mosquito as you.

Terracosmo
Thu, 02-10-2005, 12:34 AM
You suck.

LaZie
Thu, 02-10-2005, 12:37 AM
more flashbacks?! ooooh noooooO!!!

still dling it >.<

Aeon
Thu, 02-10-2005, 12:49 AM

He never had any coolness, like Itachi it was killed before he even showed up.

Mut
Thu, 02-10-2005, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by: Aeon

how the hell would you know, you don't read the manga nor have you discussed it on the forums.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-10-2005, 03:54 AM
Anyone else think Kiba has two moms?

Sam98034
Thu, 02-10-2005, 04:10 AM
the flash backs were much better than 120

Turkish-S
Thu, 02-10-2005, 06:14 AM
lol 1 of them was his sister and the flashbacks were way bether than epi 120

Cal_kashi
Thu, 02-10-2005, 06:38 AM
both Kiba and Shikamaru seemed to be doin ok, but this episode made Naruto look quite a bit dumber and more incompetant than usual I thought.

chambers
Thu, 02-10-2005, 07:17 AM
i thought this was an excellent ep. best for a while (but that aint sayin much as i didnt like neji's fight).

yet again MORE TWISTING OF THE FOOT!!! im sure these animators have a foot fetish. i cant wait till shika actually does somthign instead of dodging and bitching. and they really did make naruto out to be an utter idiot in that ep. i mean him with kyubbi (sp?) chakrax100 should be able to beat all but the most amazing people, and so far from what weve seen of kimmi hes pretty average, just a technique that allows him to mess with his bone structure

Fox Fire
Thu, 02-10-2005, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

how the hell would you know, you don't read the manga nor have you discussed it on the forums.

he's still cool but his manga design looks better,like when I thought he was a chick..but now he almost look like a dude in the anime.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 02-10-2005, 08:06 AM
I started dling the episode but considering how poor my campus connection is It probably won't be done until saturday.

How was the episode? What happened in it? There are several things I'm looking forward to seeing but I can't mention them or I might risk some really big spoilers. Whats going on with the Kiba fight, did it end? What about Shikimaro's fight how is that going?

Cal_kashi
Thu, 02-10-2005, 08:26 AM
to sum it up, nothing really happened. *gasp*i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

Hakeem_21
Thu, 02-10-2005, 09:00 AM
I heard flashback in other forum and lost all the intrest i had for this ep.

Kimi is cool and i hate how they ruin him and these fights with all these flashbacksi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 02-10-2005, 09:35 AM
He'll have his momements. He really dosen't start kicking ass until err well the manga readers should know what I'm talking about. I'll keep it like this don't doubt kimi just yet. Hopefully none of his stuff will be censored but when he gets going the stuff he does is fricking insane.

Aeon
Thu, 02-10-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

He had too much hype to live up to. Between here and GF all I saw were posts saying OMFG the greatest charcter ever is coming, a fan club, I can't believe the sound 4 said his name. And the always popular vs topics where Kimi would beat everyone. I was expecting somebody better then Neji instead an average guy that can take his bones out comes. And who ever is coming seemed to have Kiba spooked more then the Sound 4.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-10-2005, 10:14 AM
The flashbacks in this episode were so much better because they were NEW. The flashbacks last episode were just old show clips. This episode they are all new footage of Kiba getting and training Akamaru. Which are the kind of flashbacks I like. Ones that show me new things.

But yeah, I really think they are fucking up this whole thing by showing bits and pieces of these fights instead of just doing one fight then moving on to another.

lol 1 of them was his sister

Suuuure she is.

"Kiba this is your...uh...big sister. Yeah, that's it, big sister"

"Mom, why does my big sister sleep in your room?"

"Go train your dog!"

z0diac
Thu, 02-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Nice enough ep although i dont appreciate how sometimes they make naruto smart and he pulls up special moves and sometimes he just launches a straight forward attack and u just know he's gonna get owned before it hits i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif
In any case i didnt read the manga but i think kimimaro's cool enough although what probably ruined him for me is that i just cant take any more dark mysterious bad guys we dont know about with special freaky strong powers. And the fact everyone keeps talking about how great he is but so far the anime didnt show alot. I also didnt get the thing with the sword he pulled ... why do u need a sword when u can make spikes anywhere in your body? O_o
I like Kiba now though. I didnt like him at first but now i see he's pretty cool plus akamaru is so cute ^_^. And lol Chambers is sooo right they keep showing spinning feet!!!! I mean neji i got it cuz it was his technique but they showed him doing it so many times and then Sasuke did it too and now Kimimaro.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 02-10-2005, 10:46 AM
The reason why the episdoes are being dragged out so much is most likely because of the anime getting dangerously close to catching up to the manga. If they add in filler flashbacks I don't mind just as long as there is no more damn filler storylines. I really don't want to see a light saber in naruto ever again!

Cal_kashi
Thu, 02-10-2005, 11:04 AM
can we have some jedi filler eps though? Darth vader vs Itachi would rule.

Sam98034
Thu, 02-10-2005, 11:55 AM
I think Kiba's mom might be coming to help him b/c she smells his blood or something maybe.

Anyways, what's the deal with Kimi's bone ability? If he takes out his right shoulder...can he still use it? Does he have two sets of bones? What exactly is his bloodline limit? And dances?

so many questions.

Turkish-S
Thu, 02-10-2005, 12:13 PM
who the fuck did kiba smelled??
and naruto when he was pissed he looked like neji hihi around his eyes...

Terracosmo
Thu, 02-10-2005, 12:13 PM
This was good stuff. I love original flashbacks, as in new ones. Wow, Kiba's mom sure does look... masculine.

Good stuff otherwise too. Kimimaro kicks ass. Next week will be great, but not as great as the week after that... ^_^

Assertn
Thu, 02-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by: chambers
i thought this was an excellent ep. best for a while (but that aint sayin much as i didnt like neji's fight).

yet again MORE TWISTING OF THE FOOT!!! im sure these animators have a foot fetish. i cant wait till shika actually does somthign instead of dodging and bitching. and they really did make naruto out to be an utter idiot in that ep. i mean him with kyubbi (sp?) chakrax100 should be able to beat all but the most amazing people, and so far from what weve seen of kimmi hes pretty average, just a technique that allows him to mess with his bone structure

i think the animators have a dog urine fetish

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 02-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Yep were getting very close to a very fun part. Can't wait. I just finished watching this episode. I liked it especially the scenes with Kimmimaro they were nicely animated. I didn't like it how when he riped the bone from his arm the gore was toned down. Originally you got to see all the muscles rip and pull. I hope they don't censor the rest of his fight.

jing
Thu, 02-10-2005, 04:22 PM
They made kimimaro less cool, thats all i gotta say. poor kimi.. he deserved better.

?igma
Thu, 02-10-2005, 04:39 PM
I'm just bothered by the poor animation once more. I mean, there like 2000 Naruto's just standing to watch while 3 of them get kicked ..I mean ..whats up with that ?
or on 15:11 of 23:04 ..like WTF is that animation ?

Phoenix23
Thu, 02-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
Yep were getting very close to a very fun part.
Wheee!

*jumps up and down, childishly clapping hands in anticipation of that thing*

Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
The reason why the episdoes are being dragged out so much is most likely because of the anime getting dangerously close to catching up to the manga. If they add in filler flashbacks I don't mind just as long as there is no more damn filler storylines. I really don't want to see a light saber in naruto ever again!I'd be happier if they would add more "filler scenes"; flashbacks are less interesting than filler episodes, although I agree that the whole lightsaber story sucked beyond description (filler episodes should be purely "goofing around", IMO).

?igma
Thu, 02-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Your IMO is very much disaproved by my IMO ...

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-10-2005, 05:28 PM
No way, I think Lobster's opinion is pure retardation too. I don't care how crappy a filler arc is, its still better than filling half of every episode with clips we've already seen in the show!

My hope is that future filler arcs revolve around some of the teams other than team 7 though.

Rek
Thu, 02-10-2005, 06:28 PM
that would be pretty awesome....

anyone think that the acid piss akamaru squirted summoned a huge puppy of destruction? Or maybe not... because kiba is scared... and he never saw anyone really scary thats been shown, has he?

oh piss.... its gaara -,-

animefreak
Thu, 02-10-2005, 06:38 PM
i'd think Neji would be a good match for Kimi since they're both close combat fighter. And what's up with Kiba leaving his jacket behind? is it too heavy for him to swim...at least used it to covered himself from bleeding to death.

Kiba's mom freak me out.

Aeon
Thu, 02-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
that would be pretty awesome....

anyone think that the acid piss akamaru squirted summoned a huge puppy of destruction? Or maybe not... because kiba is scared... and he never saw anyone really scary thats been shown, has he?

oh piss.... its gaara -,-

if it is Gaara I hope Temari is with him, Kunk can stay home. And Neji would own Kimii/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 02-10-2005, 07:21 PM
You guys are not watching the same anime as me. Kimimaro was tearing it up, fucking leaping in the air slaughtering like 6 narutos at once. That was sick as hell.

Great episode, love the new stuff on Kiba.

AKAMARU!!!

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 02-10-2005, 07:24 PM
How is my opinion retarted? Do you want more light sabers? Do you!!! Or how about an evil ring that threatens to destroy all of the five hidden villages. Or better yet maybe it would be fun to see naruto and team 7 go into a virtual reality world.

Honestly which is the worse of two evils? I agree new flashbacks that show us new scenes are much better then old ones but the animators don't really like to monkey around with core storylines continuity. Even in the filler special care is given to create a self contained storyline that can be conviently forgotten and never mentioned again by any of the main character.

It's either more flashbacks or rings and lightsabers. Or worse yet, no naruto at all. Choose wisely.

mage
Thu, 02-10-2005, 07:31 PM
no naruto is better than another filler story.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 02-10-2005, 07:40 PM
A bone related bloodline limit... thats crap, honestly. The Byakugan and Sharingan would own this one anyday.

For once, I would say that Itachi needs to show up and put everyone in their place. I think a dose of Mangekou Sharingan will do Kimimaro a world of good.

Munsu
Thu, 02-10-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by: jing
They made kimimaro less cool, thats all i gotta say. poor kimi.. he deserved better.

He never was even cool in the manga... I don't know why you people are sucking up to him so much...

He was shit IMO

Board of Command
Thu, 02-10-2005, 08:40 PM
why do you people insist on saying anything at all? just let the anime viewers find out for themselves.....
geez.... i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif - Assertnfailure

Stuff that I learned in this ep:
-Kiba has a queer family
-Naruto is angry
-Shika makes no progress
-Sasuke's barrel is on fire
-Kimi loves the bone

Pretty crappy episode. They're dragging this too long. Shika's scenes are totally pointless as they're just the same clips played over and over.

Knives122
Thu, 02-10-2005, 08:53 PM
you know I saw something very interesting when watching this ep, when Kimi was doing his dance of the willows crap the three narutos jumped up in the air(around 13:25) and while they were doing thing I notice that one of them DIDNT HAVE THE REST OF HIS ARM, heres the pic of it

http://img210.exs.cx/img210/1700/nohand6jz.jpg

NOW WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THAT, I DONT REMEMBER SEEING KIMI CHOPPING OFF ONE OF THEIR ARMS, DO YOU?

fremeer
Thu, 02-10-2005, 08:55 PM
crappy korean animation can do more damage to naruto than kimi can anyday knives.

actually even orochi admitted that kimi is better then sasuke, which means that the bone ability is superior to that of sharingan.
kimi can make bones come out of anywhere in his body. If you think about it thats a very useful jutsu, its like gaara's sand stuff but better. naruto should stop making clones and stuff, his only useful technique is gamabunta

Board of Command
Thu, 02-10-2005, 09:28 PM
Depends on what Oro wants to use his body for. Kimi is better for fighting, while Sasuke is better for learning techniques.

intense
Thu, 02-10-2005, 09:37 PM
bone is 5 times stronger than steel in real life.
thats what i read in my chemistry text book.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 02-10-2005, 09:38 PM
I call bull shit on behalf of my foot, wrist, ribs and back.

All which have been broken =(

Rek
Thu, 02-10-2005, 09:43 PM
k... wrong bones/chemistry book... whens the last time your shoulder blade was actually a blade? I mean, maybe your wrist wouldn't have snapped if you could pull a katana from your collar bone, Cal

Jessper
Thu, 02-10-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by: intense

Bone is extremly strong, HOWEVER only when it is going the long way, like the bones in your leg go up and down, they will put up with massive amounts of force. When they are being hit from the side then they are not nearly as strong.

Souryusen
Thu, 02-10-2005, 10:55 PM
A strand of bone at the molecular level is 5x stronger than steel at that same level. However... steel is packed far tighter than bone when you find them on a human-sized scale. Also keep in mind that those bones formed from the serous membranes on a fetus through intramembranous conversion (skull, ribs, clavicle, scapula, sternum) are far denser than bones which originate from hyaline cartilage, like your femur. So one's shoulder blade is much harder than one's humerus.

Long bones, like the one found in your arms and legs, aren't particularly hard. They are, however, extremely shock absorbant.

edit: LOLZ X-box is huge!!!!!1!!!111!

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 02-10-2005, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
Depends on what Oro wants to use his body for. Kimi is better for fighting, while Sasuke is better for learning techniques.

And its Orochimaru's quest in life to learn every single Jitsu and what better to learn them all than with the Sharingan.

piasEnigma
Thu, 02-10-2005, 11:24 PM
90% of this ep sucked ass.

Board of Command
Thu, 02-10-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by: intense
I know bones are harder than steel, but strength is a different matter. For bones, it depends on the direction of the force. Since the bone structure is sorta in a fiber arrangement, bone would be extremely strong against force parallel to the grain. However, if the force is perpendicular to the grain, bone could break pretty easily.

animefreak
Fri, 02-11-2005, 12:22 AM

i don't think Sasuke's Sharingan can copy Kimi's bone tricked. Reason is he's not in the same bloodline.

jing
Fri, 02-11-2005, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by: animefreak

i don't think Sasuke's Sharingan can copy Kimi's bone tricked. Reason is he's not in the same bloodline.

Someone enlighten me, I don't really understand the connection between the quote and his response to the quote.

Assertn
Fri, 02-11-2005, 01:52 AM
i didnt think it was possible, but we may have stumbled onto someone who becomes a bigger noob the more he posts!

Psyke
Fri, 02-11-2005, 03:02 AM

Who said anything about Sharingan copying Kimimaro's technique? And of course he cannot do that, that's why it's called a blood line Limit.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 02-11-2005, 06:36 AM
Bones shmones.... with the Sharingan Sasuke could avoid Kimi's attacks just like he did with Gaara's sand ball in the stadium during the chunnin exam.

Kn1ves
Fri, 02-11-2005, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by: Knives122
you know I saw something very interesting when watching this ep, when Kimi was doing his dance of the willows crap the three narutos jumped up in the air(around 13:25) and while they were doing thing I notice that one of them DIDNT HAVE THE REST OF HIS ARM, heres the pic of it

http://img210.exs.cx/img210/1700/nohand6jz.jpg

NOW WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THAT, I DONT REMEMBER SEEING KIMI CHOPPING OFF ONE OF THEIR ARMS, DO YOU?

completely missed that

PSJ
Fri, 02-11-2005, 08:29 AM
kimi is much cooler in the manga, this sucks not even any blood when he pulled out the bone katana... and i dont think you should comment on kimi yet he has like done to movements chopping naruto in half and jumping. and saying that neji and sasuke can take him on is retarded did you see how neji got killed or nearly killed by kidoumaru and sasuke had no chance against sakon before he left. but i do agree with that naruto looked retarded in his way of fighting... and i thought the one on the right was kiba's mom not the other one.....

SeifeR
Fri, 02-11-2005, 11:32 AM
anyone got pics from the manga, not spoilers, of kimi pulling out the bones from his body? i wanna see this gore =]

Sam98034
Fri, 02-11-2005, 01:47 PM
so can kimi still use his arm after he pulls the bone out?

Aeon
Fri, 02-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by: Sam98034
so can kimi still use his arm after he pulls the bone out?

Looks like it, he snapped his arm back into place shortly after.

Kagari
Fri, 02-11-2005, 02:18 PM
hrm, i just notcied in the second time watching it that Kiba trips HEAVY when he smells those people...I thought he meant sakkon and ukon, but he doesnt....it shows three shadows flying through the forest o_O

I thought maybe the jounins....but then why would he want to escape so bad? don't spoil or anything (damn manga readers) but i have no idea who they could be.

hahaha
Fri, 02-11-2005, 04:46 PM
I thought it was four shadows...

which would then mean that -bleep, bloop, blap, and blurp- are coming in to join the fight.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 02-11-2005, 05:35 PM
what the fuck

DB_Hunter
Fri, 02-11-2005, 05:57 PM
It's obvious that the shadows were Konohamaru, Udon, Moegi and TonTon.

Sam98034
Fri, 02-11-2005, 07:00 PM
it's his mom and lesbian lover, and the 2 dogs.

And if he can still use his arm after pulling the bone out, does he have like 2 sets of bones?

animefreak
Fri, 02-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by: jing

Someone enlighten me, I don't really understand the connection between the quote and his response to the quote.

i meant that sasuke cant use his sharingan to copy kimi's bone technique since sasuke is not from the same blood line as kimi. I'm just using BOC quote just so i can express myself, nothing else.

jing
Fri, 02-11-2005, 07:28 PM
But it was mentioned that sharingan can't copy blood lines technique already.....

sangai
Fri, 02-11-2005, 08:09 PM
errrhhh, this is gonna be so good im so excited, i want to see the naruto fight.

at least i have the manga to look at.

and as for kimimaro, his blood line can't be copied by that of the sharingan, bloodlines arn't copyable, if they where he would of copied haku's

wirm
Fri, 02-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Aside from chidori and Lee's fighting style, Sasuke has not demonstrated the ability to copy jutsus yet. Even with those two instances, we don't know how long it took for him to actually get the moves right (up to 1 month). I don't think his eyes are developed enough to do anything cool yet.

I agree that a fight between Neji and Kimimaru would be cool. Or at least Hiashi vs Kimi. Kimi's kicking of Naruto's ass is no cooler than Neji's during episodes 60-61. Naruto's just too dumb, slow, and uncoordinated.

If there weren't half a dozen people spoiling about how cool Kimimaru is, and how he's going to bust out some ownage later, I would be more concerned about Sasuke coming out of the barrel. As it is, bleh.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 02-11-2005, 11:23 PM
Don't start with that sharingan shit again.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 02-12-2005, 12:42 AM
Just to clarify, when I said that the Sharingan and Byakugan could own the bone bloodline ability, I meant in their capacity as bloodline limits they were more powerful, not necessarily that Sasuke or Neji could take Kimimaro.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 02-12-2005, 02:19 AM
I agree with the guy that thinks the people coming are the Sand ninjas. I mean, its doesn't make any sense at all, but I can't think of anyone else that would give Kiba that kind of reaction unless they are totally new characters.

Phoenix23
Sat, 02-12-2005, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
I agree with the guy that thinks the people coming are the Sand ninjas. I mean, its doesn't make any sense at all, but I can't think of anyone else that would give Kiba that kind of reaction unless they are totally new characters.Hypothetically speaking, it could also be the 3 dead sound genins or the 3 pyjamas-wearing water genins from the chuunin exam / lightsaber filler, or the 3 genins that Kiba's team ambushed.

Hypothetically speaking. Not saying that these options are very likely at all (and especially not the sound trio one)...

nests
Sat, 02-12-2005, 10:30 AM
If you think about it Neji woulnt't be able to use his gentle fist with Kimi because he has to get close in order to do so and if he did Kimi could just pop out his bones like he did with naruto.

Psyke
Sat, 02-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by: nests
If you think about it Neji woulnt't be able to use his gentle fist with Kimi because he has to get close in order to do so and if he did Kimi could just pop out his bones like he did with naruto.

Quite right. The gentle fist targets the chakara circulation system. If Kimimaro's bones can protect his vital organs with his skeleton structure then Neji would have a tougher fight than Kidoumaru. Of course, this is granted that Kimimaro understood how the Gentle fist works and avoids Neji's attacks completely.

nests
Sat, 02-12-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke

Originally posted by: nests

Quite right. The gentle fist targets the chakara circulation system. If Kimimaro's bones can protect his vital organs with his skeleton structure then Neji would have a tougher fight than Kidoumaru. Of course, this is granted that Kimimaro understood how the Gentle fist works and avoids Neji's attacks completely.

Most likely he did know about it since Kidoumaru knew because orichimaru had mention it.

wirm
Sat, 02-12-2005, 12:09 PM
The people that Kiba smelled actually seemed to be in the forest. Also, it looks like there are only 2 shadows.

If Orochimaru and Kabuto had decided to wander in for a peek, they would probably be traveling through the meadow that Naruto and Kimi are in. So whoever's coming is likely coming from the direction of Konoha. But I wonder why Kiba seemed so agitated.

Also, when Ukon (or Saakaon, I get confused) fused back to his brother who was washing his eyes, I half expected it to be Kiba. It would have been funny if he'd waited till they were fused, and then stabbed himself again.

Psyke
Sat, 02-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by: sangai
errrhhh, this is gonna be so good im so excited, i want to see the naruto fight.

at least i have the manga to look at.

and as for kimimaro, his blood line can't be copied by that of the sharingan, bloodlines arn't copyable, if they where he would of copied haku's

Sasuke did not have the sharingan when he fought Haku.
First time Sasuke used the sharingan was when he fought Lee, and lost.

Assertn
Sat, 02-12-2005, 02:07 PM
what? yeah he did psyke.....he first obtained it vs haku.....which is why he was able to see haku's movements

Psyke
Sat, 02-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
what? yeah he did psyke.....he first obtained it vs haku.....which is why he was able to see haku's movements

Was it? My bad then, it's been a while i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif

Mae
Sat, 02-12-2005, 05:44 PM
I liked Kiba's flashback in this ep.... The other one was completely a waste of time, but this wasn't so bad. Before this I thought Akamaru wsa a puppy, but it looks like Kiba got him a couple of years ago, so maybe he won't get any bigger? I guess a little dog would be useful for spying, but for fighting I think I'd take one of those wolves.

As far as Oro moving in to Sasuke's vs Kimimaro's body... Didn't he say that he would have chosen Kimimaro if he hadn't been injured? And if Kimimaro's so tough how did he end up in that hospital bed? He seems just fine now...

Cal_kashi
Sat, 02-12-2005, 06:22 PM
I dont know why everyones got suck a problem w/ kimi taking out his arm, think about it. He makes a gnarly bone inside his arm, where he can manipulate it. takes it out, then uses bone from the rest of his body to replace ( although in a diminished capacity) what he replaced. That side of his body will be weaker than before but theres no reason that his arm should remain limp just because he took out his bone.

wirm
Sat, 02-12-2005, 08:57 PM
why wouldn't he just make a gnarly bone outside of his arm, and use that, instead of ripping it out of his body? In any case, it's not something I particularly care about.

What is cool is that if he can manipulate bones that are harder than steel, then he can make some pretty nifty armor, or at least protect every major organ in his body.

Assertn
Sat, 02-12-2005, 09:12 PM
i think the point is that he doesnt need his other arm to fight naruto

Cal_kashi
Sat, 02-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Score(assertionfailure, point++);

Kairi
Sat, 02-12-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by: Mae
I liked Kiba's flashback in this ep.... The other one was completely a waste of time, but this wasn't so bad. Before this I thought Akamaru wsa a puppy, but it looks like Kiba got him a couple of years ago, so maybe he won't get any bigger? I guess a little dog would be useful for spying, but for fighting I think I'd take one of those wolves.

I agree. I always thought Akamaru was going to grow, but that scene makes me think Kiba's mom and sister were almost making fun of him or something by giving him a little dog. They work well together though so maybe his family just knew it was a good pairing? I don't know... seems really weird to me either way.

KitKat
Sat, 02-12-2005, 09:45 PM
If I was Kiba, I'd feel ripped off, getting a tiny little dog, while the other family members get giant attack-wolves. Akamaru is cute. Even when he transforms, he doesn't really look like a killer.

As for Kimimaro, his bloodline limit ability brings up quite a few questions. Do his bones regenerate if, say, he lost his bone-sword? How far can he extend his bones? How much can he shift his bones before his body can't support itself? Questions, questions.....

Oh, I almost forgot....When is Naruto going to start using his BRAIN????

DB_Hunter
Sat, 02-12-2005, 09:57 PM
1. I think Akamaru will prolly grow as Kiba does, not like a normal dog does.

2.1 Dunno.
2.2 Probably related to his chakra, like the shadow thing is with Shikamaru.
2.3 Its all in the Chakra...

3. Naruto doesn't have a brain.

Assertn
Sat, 02-12-2005, 10:24 PM
those flashbacks with kiba and akamaru never actually HAPPENED in the manga.....so who's to say if akamaru is really gonna stay small the whole time

Assassin
Sat, 02-12-2005, 10:57 PM
well, an ok ep....certainly alot of time wasted.

i think ppl need to stop creating all this hype about kimi and how cool he is. i mean, discussing a character si one thing, but u guys are taking it a little too far. i watch the anime cuz i dont wanna know what happens next. i like the whole "surprise" thing. 15 ppl going "OMFG!!11 get ready, kimi gonn PPwn!! next ep is SOO kewl!!! wait till you see what he does!!! OMG!!", that really defeats the point of not reading teh manga.

i know most ppl dont technically consider this a spoiler, but its just common sense/courtesy. half the reason i think kimi sucks is cuz i have such high expectations of him that he'es not living up to.

about the smell thing with kiba...i think its just those dogs comming to save akamaru, and kiba in the process. and as for kimi's bone thing, he probably just uses the rest of his bones to for a new bone in his arm. that is, he still has a normal skeleton, but bone density has decreased. thats the only explanation for him being able to still use his arm (assuming theres no funky "converting chakra energy to matter, e=mc^2" type shit going on)

Dezalanel
Sun, 02-13-2005, 12:05 AM
Nothing seems too great about Kimi so far, but you guys seem hype the crap out of him though. I personally think the people kiba smelled in the woods are the Sand Genins, it would make sense since they are allies and they are probably coming to help but Kiba thinks they are enemies and is probably still scared of them. They will probably end of saving everyone asses since the situation each person is in looks pretty grim. BTW I am new here! I only watch the anime and have never read the manga of Naruto and I just started watching it this Monday!! haha, I watched 121 episodes in that time heh. Loving it, can not wait to see more!

nests
Sun, 02-13-2005, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by: Dezalanel
Nothing seems too great about Kimi so far, but you guys seem hype the crap out of him though. I personally think the people kiba smelled in the woods are the Sand Genins, it would make sense since they are allies and they are probably coming to help but Kiba thinks they are enemies and is probably still scared of them. They will probably end of saving everyone asses since the situation each person is in looks pretty grim. BTW I am new here! I only watch the anime and have never read the manga of Naruto and I just started watching it this Monday!! haha, I watched 121 episodes in that time heh. Loving it, can not wait to see more!

Damn thats a lot of free time

DarthEnderX
Sun, 02-13-2005, 02:54 AM
It's also quite possible that the dog training ninjas start out with a little dog. And when they get older, they get bigger dogs to train. I noticed that Kiba's mom and sister both had multiple dogs. And Kakashi has a shitload of dogs of varying sizes.

dragoonz
Sun, 02-13-2005, 05:54 AM
It's also quite possible that the dog training ninjas start out with a little dog. And when they get older, they get bigger dogs to train. I noticed that Kiba's mom and sister both had multiple dogs. And Kakashi has a shitload of dogs of varying sizes.

I think Kakashi's dogs are a different story, they're similar to Jiraiya's frogs, where he summons them and depending on the amount of chakra he uses he gets a different frog.

And I dont think Akamaru has grown at all, it's probably a breed thing. You see that Kiba's mum had dogs that were obviously going to be large in size as they grow older, but Akamaru doesnt look like the breed of dog to be that big...

Obviously, due to the fact it's an anime and not real, I'm wrong.

Psyke
Sun, 02-13-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by: dragoonz

I think Kakashi's dogs are a different story, they're similar to Jiraiya's frogs, where he summons them and depending on the amount of chakra he uses he gets a different frog.

And I dont think Akamaru has grown at all, it's probably a breed thing. You see that Kiba's mum had dogs that were obviously going to be large in size as they grow older, but Akamaru doesnt look like the breed of dog to be that big...

Obviously, due to the fact it's an anime and not real, I'm wrong.

Akamaru seems like a pup to me. I'm kinda hoping he will grow up to be a big dog like the ones Kiba's parents have. Where else can u get a dog that can use a jutsu to become a clone of yourself?

Rek
Sun, 02-13-2005, 10:39 AM
not to mention, these are special dogs... they speak and shit, and I think they live for a long assed time.... so if the dogs live about as long as humans, and kiba got him about what 3 years ago, tops, its not hard to belive that akamaru will grow in size....

and I forgot who mentioned it, but kimimaru hasa blood disease i think... some sorta disease... maybe OSTEOPEROSIS!

wirm
Sun, 02-13-2005, 12:03 PM
and I forgot who mentioned it, but kimimaru hasa blood disease i think... some sorta disease... maybe OSTEOPEROSIS!

Lol, that would suck.

Fortunately, that's not a blood disease.

I believe it was said that he was using his spirit (chakra?) to control his body. Maybe he has some kind of paralysis.

Also, it bugs me that he had his seal activated (partially) when we first saw him on the lab table. I wonder what that's about.

Rek
Sun, 02-13-2005, 12:45 PM
well think about it... if you hafta use chakra to move (which is really bad ass of him, because think about it... how long did it take them to learn to walk up a tree with chakra?) and he can move particularly awesome (the dances and such) and he does this all by chakra? being able to move like the crazy chick from the ring is an accomplishment for him...

anywho, locomotion would be very difficult for him, and having the seal activated to stage 2 would make sence.... and he doesn't even have it up to full 1.... I don't care who you are

KIMIMARO IS A BAD ASS

kooshi
Sun, 02-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Just watched this episode last night, and it was just alright.

- Kiba's flashback was better than just repeating what happened in the previous episodes
- Kimimaro's bloodline limit is finally shown (kinda makes me sick in a way, I mean ,CMON, he's using his freaking bones!)
- Naruto's being a dumbass, as usual, but this one is REALLY annoying
- the 3 unknown ninja.... well, my friends spoiled this part for me, but still, it's pretty awesome

Myran
Sun, 02-13-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by: Cal_kashi
Score(assertionfailure, point++);That makes no sense at all.

Its logical that a func like that would have its 2nd parameter simple do an offset on the score (Score(assertionfailure, 1);), even if that was not the case, it would seem logical that the func would take sth like Score(assertionfailure, assertionfailure.points++); otherwise the point is just a general var, and the point is obviously to increase assertions points with one, so why use another generic var?

not to mention, these are special dogs... they speak and shit, and I think they live for a long assed time.... so if the dogs live about as long as humans, and kiba got him about what 3 years ago, tops, its not hard to belive that akamaru will grow in size....

and I forgot who mentioned it, but kimimaru hasa blood disease i think... some sorta disease... maybe OSTEOPEROSIS!Do they really speak though? Pakkun does, but have we seen any other speaking dogs?

It would be ironic if his discease was that he has brittle bones i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

wirm
Sun, 02-13-2005, 06:14 PM
Kooshi, perhaps it's best if you edit your post a little bit. That last part looks like a spoiler to me.

Jessper
Sun, 02-13-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by: Myran

Score(assertionfailure, point++);That makes no sense at all.

Its logical that a func like that would have its 2nd parameter simple do an offset on the score (Score(assertionfailure, 1);), even if that was not the case, it would seem logical that the func would take sth like Score(assertionfailure, assertionfailure.points++); otherwise the point is just a general var, and the point is obviously to increase assertions points with one, so why use another generic var?

Clearly it is for simplicity/orginization, assertnfailure is a name which is assigned to more than one thing but if he only wanted to incriment his points not anything else. The syntax may be a little messed up but the idea is the same!

So
assertnfailure_points = assertnfailure_points + 1;
or maybe
assertnfailure_points ++;
there you have it.

Assertn
Sun, 02-13-2005, 06:52 PM
the point isnt the validity of assertnfailure_points++, its that he's taking my points, incrementing it by one, and THEN sending it to a function

Myran
Sun, 02-13-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by: Jessper
Clearly it is for simplicity/orginization, assertnfailure is a name which is assigned to more than one thing but if he only wanted to incriment his points not anything else. The syntax may be a little messed up but the idea is the same!

So
assertnfailure_points = assertnfailure_points + 1;
or maybe
assertnfailure_points ++;
there you have it.

Right, but as it is now he is doing:

point = assertnfailure.points;
Score(assertionfailure, point++);

He can obviously not use point as just AssertnFailures points as that would cause a huge mess if he would want to incease someone elses points, so the only way i can see his statement to work is for him to temporarly store in the var points, but that step should be pointless..

assertionfailure.SetScore(assertionfailure.GetScor e() +1);
would seem like the logical choice of syntax.

AssertnFailure: No, thats not the point either, since its very common for vars like that to be protected, the point is of the naming of the var point and also why Score isnt a member function, wich would seem logical (unless its C, that is).

Thunder_Pants
Sun, 02-13-2005, 08:35 PM
i think the point is your making too big a deal out of it, i'm pretty sure we all knew what he meant, so why freak over it

Assertn
Sun, 02-13-2005, 09:12 PM
someone requested to see this earlier

kimimaro bone arm page 1 (http://img230.exs.cx/img230/395/naruto206045th.png)
kimimaro bone arm page 2 (http://img205.exs.cx/img205/560/naruto206050ad.png)

Insomniac
Sun, 02-13-2005, 09:19 PM
there are colour versions of those manga pages somewhere, really highlights how much censorhip the naruto anime goes under whenever theres something that might scare the kids

Knives122
Sun, 02-13-2005, 10:00 PM
yeah, after seeing those pics, it just reminded me what else they will sensor out with the rest of these fights(which is gay b/c they're really cool)

Cal_kashi
Sun, 02-13-2005, 10:12 PM
Score(assertionfailure, points++);
is perfectly legitimate if its a function call and not a header.
No type declerations are neccessary, this function would just assign those points to that person.
If that person is the only one who currently has points then the variable points is unique to him and
points++ is valid, or this could only a small part of several lines of code, being the only relevant one to
the current discussion.
Point being its not invalid without the rest of you having enough information to show that its invalid.

Assertn
Mon, 02-14-2005, 12:23 AM
lol, the point is that im awesome.....lets just leave it at that

Jessper
Mon, 02-14-2005, 12:30 AM

Well it is more graphic, I don't really see that I missed anything with the anime version though...

PS LOL I liked the word bubble that says "Grab" =P

KitKat
Mon, 02-14-2005, 12:59 AM
PS LOL I liked the word bubble that says "Grab" =P

Haha, me too! Maybe it's cause I don't read any manga, but I found the sound effects very amusing... GRR CRACKLE and then the shirt says, "RIIIP"

Assertn
Mon, 02-14-2005, 01:41 AM
in japan, they have like, 50 words to represent sound effects that they use in their manga.....so to translate stuff like a grabbing sound or rain hitting a sidewalk or the whooshing sound of ninjas jumping through trees willl often seem weird in english

SeifeR
Mon, 02-14-2005, 01:59 AM

thanks a lot! wish they showed that much gore in the anime haha.

Jessper
Mon, 02-14-2005, 03:37 AM
in japan, they have like, 50 words to represent sound effects that they use in their manga.....so to translate stuff like a grabbing sound or rain hitting a sidewalk or the whooshing sound of ninjas jumping through trees willl often seem weird in english

... grabing... sound? =P

Plus shouldn't ninjas be silent when jumping through the trees?

I just don't see those two things making much sound heh

I can understand "rip" and what not but not something that shouldn't make much sound at all.

Insomniac
Mon, 02-14-2005, 08:46 AM
not that you miss anything in terms of storyline but it lessens the punch abit
like when Orochimaru was doing experiments in the manga there were torn up bodies everywhere, hanging off walls etc - in the anime they were all in coffins...
personally that was one of my favourite flashbacks till they animated it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Assertn
Mon, 02-14-2005, 11:11 AM

... grabing... sound? =P

Plus shouldn't ninjas be silent when jumping through the trees?

I just don't see those two things making much sound heh

I can understand "rip" and what not but not something that shouldn't make much sound at all.

what about the sound of kimi's meat sliding off the bone as he pulls his bone from his arm? how do you put THAT sound into words? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Myran
Mon, 02-14-2005, 01:15 PM
Score(assertionfailure, points++);
is perfectly legitimate if its a function call and not a header.
No type declerations are neccessary, this function would just assign those points to that person.
If that person is the only one who currently has points then the variable points is unique to him and
points++ is valid, or this could only a small part of several lines of code, being the only relevant one to
the current discussion.
Point being its not invalid without the rest of you having enough information to show that its invalid.But why would he have the first parameter to be assertn if hes the only one with any score?
Its not invalid, but illogical.

But yeah, its obviously impossible to know if its invalid or not without having more information. The reason i first mentioned it is because its a bit of a pet peeve for me with people who add parts of "code" like that in forums.

KitKat
Mon, 02-14-2005, 01:52 PM

Hmm....maybe this is a bit off-topic, but now I'm curious.
For those of you who read manga, what's the strangest sound effect you've come across?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 02-14-2005, 02:47 PM
I really don't pay too much attention to the sounds unless I expect there to be one there. Like the sound of Kakashi's Chidori.

xertal
Mon, 02-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by: Insomniac
not that you miss anything in terms of storyline but it lessens the punch abit
like when Orochimaru was doing experiments in the manga there were torn up bodies everywhere, hanging off walls etc - in the anime they were all in coffins...
personally that was one of my favourite flashbacks till they animated it

That sounds intresting. Do you know in which Chapter this was ? I have the manga, but havn't read it till now. Thx

Rek
Mon, 02-14-2005, 04:55 PM
I wouldn't read ahead if i was you... scenes are much more epic with the bad ass music and color.... but its always awesome to read up in the manga on eps. you've seen, because the miniscule differences will make you happy.

xertal
Mon, 02-14-2005, 05:02 PM
I won't read ahead in the manga, because this way it is more exciting. But i'm going to read it afterwards, only there is no time at the moment (exams). But i thought this scene he mentioned already happend in the anime, so i can take a short look.

Sorry for beeing a little bit offtopic

oniorochi
Mon, 02-14-2005, 05:10 PM
All you programmers:

It's valid code if 1: 'points' is made global or a is reference; or 2: it's not OOP

If it really was OOP then he would have just made and operator overload and then used 'assertionfailure++'

Assertn
Mon, 02-14-2005, 06:06 PM
kitkat, probably the sound effect of people suddenly opening their eyes (like mangekyou sharingan, etc)

Rek
Mon, 02-14-2005, 06:27 PM
psht... gimme a break

Myran
Mon, 02-14-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by: oniorochi
If it really was OOP then he would have just made and operator overload and then used 'assertionfailure++'Absolutely not. Never overload operators to do things that arent super-obvious. If you overload an operator only make it do exactly what the operator usually does (for example changing << and >> for cout and cin is generally considered a bad move, and I agree)

Cal_kashi
Mon, 02-14-2005, 08:53 PM
i disagree, it can be both oop and local.
Score, takes a name(struct) and a point value(int)
and gives that score to the person where each person is a struct w/ many properties ie score, asshattery cofactor, name, IQ etc.

Now, if incrementing ones score is a common operation its useful to have a function that given a name
increments that persons score.
so

Void increment(Struct peep.name name1)
get current score put it into variable called points
call score with name and points++
return nothing

so points is local
its still oop
and the debated function call is valid

Edit: and Kimmamaro rox

Assertn
Mon, 02-14-2005, 08:56 PM
just in case you guys werent aware, you're going a little off-topic

KitKat
Mon, 02-14-2005, 09:27 PM
Here are my thoughts in pictoral form, courtesy of MATLAB

http://img92.exs.cx/img92/6434/coolnessgraph3be.jpg

Response to below: Rek, just imagine how many appearances Assertn has, and extrapolate the curve i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

kooshi
Mon, 02-14-2005, 09:47 PM
Hahha, that is hilarious Kitkat.

Rek
Mon, 02-14-2005, 09:52 PM
but inaccurate... the number of appearances is off... and i think your underestimating assertn's coolness...
{
//(((assertn*postcount)+coolpoints)/number_of_times_programmings_been_mentioned)
}

Assertn
Mon, 02-14-2005, 11:48 PM
kitkat how could you!!
another guy shows up for a few weeks and all of a sudden im second place!i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

kooshi
Tue, 02-15-2005, 01:48 AM
Face it, Kimimaro is too popular here, even though I don't really see why. He doesn't seem that awesome at the moment.

Foomanchew24
Tue, 02-15-2005, 02:40 AM
I think it's a mjor flaw to think that a bad guy is cool, just for the very fact that they will alwayse loose in the end and who want's to be a looser. Kimmi and itachi and oro = looser

Mut
Tue, 02-15-2005, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by: Foomanchew24
I think it's a mjor flaw to think that a bad guy is cool, just for the very fact that they will alwayse loose in the end and who want's to be a looser. Kimmi and itachi and oro = looser
you're probably a big front runner.

oniorochi
Tue, 02-15-2005, 02:56 AM

If it really was OOP then he would have just made and operator overload and then used 'assertionfailure++'Absolutely not. Never overload operators to do things that arent super-obvious. If you overload an operator only make it do exactly what the operator usually does (for example changing << and >> for cout and cin is generally considered a bad move, and I agree)

No, that's not true, you always consider context when programming and thus overloading ++operator is perfect.
That's why you should do document driven development. Also, C++ is a shoddy language, a solution looking for a problem that didn't exist.

Anyway, Kimimaro is "so far" not cool at all. We will wait and see, maybe he will not be a completely dead horse.
I want Naruto to stop being a complete retard, he has never been this useless.

Psyke
Tue, 02-15-2005, 03:49 AM
[quote]
[quote]
No, that's not true, you always consider context when programming and thus overloading ++operator is perfect.
That's why you should do document driven development. Also, C++ is a shoddy language, a solution looking for a problem that didn't exist.

Anyway, Kimimaro is "so far" not cool at all. We will wait and see, maybe he will not be a completely dead horse.
I want Naruto to stop being a complete retard, he has never been this useless.

C++ is definately not a shoddy language!

Anyway this is really way off topic with all the programming talk.

As for Kimimaro I'm on the side of those who feel, well, disappointed,

oniorochi
Tue, 02-15-2005, 05:23 AM
If you too had written a compiler you would know what I'm talking about.

"Commonly Used" and "Good" are completely unrelated. Now, Objective-C preceeded it and is what C++ should have been, but it's not needed today either.

Either way, what is the coolest blood line limit so far? Haku's is a good bet, but maybe the 1:st had a limit as well because the "Birth of the Trees"-jutsu could only be used by him, and if it is then I vote that one ;-)
(with "Birth of the Trees" being my favorite jutsu so far)

basey44
Tue, 02-15-2005, 08:37 AM
im sick of shikas fight already, probably cos i know whats going to happen though, yea while kimi is still showing off a little bit of coolness the fight would look a lot better if there was more gore, like in the manga pics that were shown 2 pages ago in this thread

?igma
Tue, 02-15-2005, 08:55 AM
its as if the fight with kimimaro is in slowmotion ..everything is just ..slow ...slower..slower than hell could possibly be..

KitKat
Tue, 02-15-2005, 10:53 AM
kitkat how could you!!
another guy shows up for a few weeks and all of a sudden im second place!

Well, maybe if you demonstrate pulling your bone out of your arm and turning it into a weapon, I'll consider modifying your coolness equation i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
And technically, you're not in second place. Kimimaro has been in 3 episodes so far, giving him a coolness factor of about 40 by my graph. As of right now, you have a post count of 4536, and when I substitute that into the coolness equation, the number is too big to fit on my calculator and it gives me 'Math Error', so it's somewhere above 10^100.

Anyways, even though the Naruto-Kimimaro fight has been not so great thus far, I think it will pick up fairly quickly. They can't give away all of the super-awesome moves at the beginning of the fight - I'm positive they're saving them for the end. And that's what I am looking forward to.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 02-15-2005, 01:51 PM
For shame Kitkat, you have brought the unholiness of MATLAB on to these forums...

Kairi
Tue, 02-15-2005, 05:28 PM

interesting. it's starting to sound like i will need to start reading some manga. like KitKat, i've never read any. i guess i never thought about how different it could be than the animation.

Myran
Tue, 02-15-2005, 06:37 PM

I want Naruto to stop being a complete retard, he has never been this useless.Overloading + is horrible in this case! Does it increase his postcount? Or maybe his coolness? Or perhaps it increases the amounts of threads he's posted in? Or does it increase his joining date? Doesnt matter if you document it, if i make a function GetScore(), then it should get the score of something, even if i write in my document that it infact does nothing, anything else is just poor programming.

Agreed, Kimi has done nothing special in the anime yet, but i guess he has some cool bloodline limit thingmabob or something.

If you too had written a compiler you would know what I'm talking about.

"Commonly Used" and "Good" are completely unrelated. Now, Objective-C preceeded it and is what C++ should have been, but it's not needed today either.

Either way, what is the coolest blood line limit so far? Haku's is a good bet, but maybe the 1:st had a limit as well because the "Birth of the Trees"-jutsu could only be used by him, and if it is then I vote that one ;-)
(with "Birth of the Trees" being my favorite jutsu so far)A language is hardly shoddy just because you cant write a compiler for it. To state that C++ is shoddy is just ignorant, it does have its flaws, but it is far from shoddy.

Actually no. "Commonly used" and "Good" are very related, if something is commonly used then many people know it, and that is good. There can be commonly used bad things, but generally they were good at some point.

I didnt really like Hakus bloodline limit at all, I dont see what so good about it.. mangeyokuy(spell?) sharingan is obviously better.