View Full Version : Chapter 247 Discussion

Doc
Wed, 02-09-2005, 04:47 AM
Ends the speculayion of whos what rank

http://raws.kefi.org/naruto/naruto247j.zip

Munsu
Wed, 02-09-2005, 05:41 AM
cool thanks...

i like the way this is heading... and they brought back one of my fav. characters... that lucky bastard...

The Troublesome One
Wed, 02-09-2005, 06:04 AM
SPOLIERS!!!

OK people it seems a lot of NInja's have become higher ranked Ninja's then before.

Shikamaru : Still Chuunin (examiner for up coming Chuunin exam)
Neji, Temari, and Kankurou: Jounins
Gaara: Kazekage (I Think)
All the other Genins: Chuunins
Naruto: Shocked that everyone has surpassed him.

dragon608608
Wed, 02-09-2005, 07:03 AM
It's cool. Just one question, isn't it require for a Jounins to become an examiner for the Chuunins exam? If i remember correctly, the Chunnins exam that Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura take before, all the examiners are Jounin, only the examiners' helpers were Chunnin.

Oh, we need translation. anyone?

Winged Dancer
Wed, 02-09-2005, 08:29 AM
Damn it, I can't fucking download it!! And I _could_ make a quick synopsis for you.... but I'm in a hurry!!

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 02-09-2005, 09:08 AM
HOLY CRAP, what a kick ass chapter. Usually I'm really pissed off by the 19 page limit we get every week, but even without a translation it still kicked ass. We got to see the older characters and not one but fricking two atsuki members. For the love of god and everything that's holy someone please translate ASAP.

Also, I told all of you that Garra would become the next Kazekage, eat it bitches!!

PSJ
Wed, 02-09-2005, 09:28 AM
badass with gaara as the kazekage and temari, kankuro and neji jounin. this is awesome too cool. also new akatsuki members.

Y
Wed, 02-09-2005, 09:40 AM
Sounds like the Sand was pretty desperate to fill the power vacuum left after the war.

Raven
Wed, 02-09-2005, 10:48 AM
Everyone keeps mentioning Neji. Maybe I'm blind, but where? I can't see him.

And how is everyone making the assumption that suchnsuch are jounin and that Gaara is the Kazekage? Surely Baki would take the position before him? Is everyone just speculating?

RasenDori
Wed, 02-09-2005, 10:49 AM
i think i found a new favorite character (second to neji that is), the bird eyed akatsuki kid he/she (curse sexual ambiguous characters the japanese make, and the gender based language of english!!! i will just call it "bird eye" until the name is revealed) has a basass look in my opinion. the type of almost inocent looking person that ends up beating the shit out of everyone. i think its the same person that was hangin upside in 238. the eyes are the same, with the left eye remaininf concealed (perhaps some trick to it? i doubt it) its also confirmed by the fact the bird eye follows most of his/her sentences with "un" .

EDIT: oh yeah... and nejis a jounin... further proof of his badassness. no one will stand in his way now

kAi
Wed, 02-09-2005, 10:59 AM
god fucken damn, AWESOME!!!!!
that was great, i so need a translation, that was quite the chapter.

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 02-09-2005, 11:02 AM
Is anyone going to do a translation?

So many details that need to be confirmed.

Also why is the chapter out on wensday? I thought it was released on friday or usually we get the raw by late thursday.

kAi
Wed, 02-09-2005, 11:09 AM
theres a public holiday on friday from what i hear.
maybe released a day earlier because of that.

JusDaMan
Wed, 02-09-2005, 11:12 AM
I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHIKAMARU IS A PIMP!!!!!!!!!!! BAGGIN TEMARI!!!!!!!! WORD
Awww atkusuki is going after then 9 youma's!!!!! Shusaku is gonna be kidnapped =(

They don't look any different

HAPPPPPPPPPPPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR TO ALL MY ASIAN FELLAZ

PSJ
Wed, 02-09-2005, 12:59 PM
well going after all 9 youma maybe thats a good idea for them, they'll get 1 youma each.

Mut
Wed, 02-09-2005, 01:18 PM
SOMEONE FUCKING FIND THE TRANSLATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hakeem_21
Wed, 02-09-2005, 01:25 PM
Damn i knew Neji was good but jounin already the guy really deservs bieng called a genius unlike someone elsei/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Mut
Wed, 02-09-2005, 01:32 PM
so called 'scanslations' from some narutofan members

http://s21.yousendit.com/download.aspx

edit: don't dl this. it's crap. it's missing a page and it's liek baekutrhasfsffkhn ;23

Hakeem_21
Wed, 02-09-2005, 01:37 PM
I was one mille sec from downloading before i saw your edit.....

Knives122
Wed, 02-09-2005, 01:46 PM
that was interesting to say the least, I feel sorry for Naruto for still being a genin(guess he may want to do something about that)

that akatsuki member are pretty cool, the one with the hand might be really annoying IMO, but opinions change.

would really like a translation, but I doubt I will

Psyke
Wed, 02-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
Everyone keeps mentioning Neji. Maybe I'm blind, but where? I can't see him.

And how is everyone making the assumption that suchnsuch are jounin and that Gaara is the Kazekage? Surely Baki would take the position before him? Is everyone just speculating?

My jap's not that great, but Neji was only mentioned during Shikamaru and Naruto's conversation. Something about Neji and Kanguro making it to Jounin rank last week, and everyone else including Sakura is a Chunin now. Seems my prediction was right (refer to 246 post). : )

Loved Gaara's new look by the way.

Kenshiro
Wed, 02-09-2005, 02:13 PM
apparently

Page 1
Kakashi: But, you have have become really strong. You were able to take the bells.
Naruto: Hehe...we might be surpassing Kakashi-sensei.
Sakura: What are you saying? That seems wrong...
Kakashi: Heh...but I'm still young, so I'm still progressing. And, I've developed a great new jutsu...
*Naruto's stomach rumbles*
Naruto: That's right! Since I've come back, I've gotta go to Ichiraku Ramen!
Sakura: Yeah, me too...since we did that exercise since yesterday, I'm hungry too...

Page 2
Naruto: Allright! This time it'll be Kakashi-sensei's treat!
Sakura: I agree!
Kakashi: ...Back then, they reacted to everything...they were such cute kids (I think he's bummed they apparently don't care about his new jutsu)
Kakashi: Sorry, but from now I've got to do a presentation on the new teams platoon list. So I gotta disappear.
Naruto: Ah, he ran away!
Sakura: But for him to say that...seems like something serious.
Naruto: Hehe...well then, shall we just pay for ourselves?
Sakura: That's fine, but you should pay all!

Page 3
Sakura: Shikamaru! Temari! Hey, who do you think this is?

Page 4
Shikamaru: Hey, it's Naruto!
Naruto: Shikamaru!
Temari: Him...that kid...
Shikamaru: Have you just come back?
Naruto: No, I've been back since yesterday.
Shikamaru: Hehe...have you stopped doing stupid things...have you changed?
Sakura: He hasn't changed at all!
Shikamaru: I see.
Naruto: Sakura-chan...
Naruto: Hey, are you on a date too?

Page 5
Shikamaru: It's not like that.
Temari: This guy's still a joker. Since the Chuunin Exams will soon begin, as was arranged, the Leaf and Sands are coming and going together.
Shikamaru: It's troublesome, but since I've become an Examiner, I was told to go see off the Sand's messengers.
Naruto: The Chuunin Exams...brings back memories.
Shikamaru: Hey, what are you going to do Naruto?
Naruto: About what?
Shikamaru: The Chuunin Exams. You didn't become a Chuunin with us last time. Only you.

Page 6
Naruto: WHAT?!?! Sakura, you're a Chuunin too?!
Sakura: Sure am!
Shikamaru: Not only that, but Neji, the Sand's Kankuro, and this person (Temari) are Jounins.
Naruto: WHAT?! Ah, Gaara! What about Gaara?

Page 7
Man: Kazekage-sama, we have a meeting...
Gaara: I understand.

Page 8
Guy: Over the last few years, we've stablized our own power and maintained good relations with all the neighboring Hidden Villages. Especially, we've gotten good results with our new trainees entering Konoha's training program.
Guy: The Chuunin Exams are coming up. With these results, I'm really looking forward to it...
Guy: But, again, during the Chuunin Exams...(sorry, I just can't make out the kanji there)
Guy: What?

Page 9
Guy: The report from that legendary Sannin Jiraiya...you've heard of the organization called Akatsuki, right?
Jiraiya: The Hidden Village of the Sand will enter into the first alert stage...Anbu are being deployed around the villiage, and I may enter the country to lend a hand as well.
Kakashi: Why have the Akatsuki started to make such flashy movements? Can you guess?
Jiraiya: That I don't know. But I'm going to go find out.

Page 10
Guy: Well then, let's end this meeting.
Guy: But that's great Yuura...to be able to express your desire to harden the village
Yuura: I'm glad to have been able to serve my superiors for these past 4 years. But if the report from Jiraiya is true, then they may start moving soon.
Yuura: !!!
Guy: What's wrong?
Yuura: No, it's nothing. My leg just fell asleep, that's all.
Guy: Please take care of yourself...

Page 11
Yuura: I see...so that's it...

Page 12
Heh, this is a hard page to do. They mention the people Orochimaru played are up ahead, and they're not sure what'll happen after all is said and done.

Page 13
Guy: Black cloaks with red clouds...that's...!

Page 14
Guy: ! Captain Yuura!
Yuura: Don't worry. It'll be over soon.

Page 15
Akatsuki: Thanks for your help. Do you remember me?
Yuura: Yes! Of course! Lord Sasori!
Akatsuki: And if you've forgotten my jutsu, my subordinate would be happy to show you...

Page 16
Akatsuki (Sasori): My husband, you can watch too. Attack the village from above.

Page 17-18
Akatsuki (Sasori): How is it? My jutsu...
Akatsuki: I've been waiting...

The text on the page hints that they're going after Gaara.

Sorry, this translation is probably really sloppy, but I've been unusually tired today.

Edit - don't see a title for next week.

PSJ
Wed, 02-09-2005, 02:30 PM
hmm at least we could make out that there's a infiltrator in sand village who knows this akatsuki sasori and that he got some weird jutsu. gaara seems to be all grown up and gotten rid of the issues he had.

Assertn
Wed, 02-09-2005, 02:42 PM
GAARA LOOKS BADASS

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 02-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Poor Naruto. You think Tsunade would do a special promotion for him to at least Chuunin. And what about Lee?

Franggio
Wed, 02-09-2005, 03:04 PM
gikes for reall, Naruto ought to be more than a simple Chuunin, come on now.
he has been on a 2.something year training trip with Ero-ero sennin. There is
no fricken way he would stay as a genin anyways, we just need to hold our breaths
and we'll see Jiraya telling Tsunade what rank he deserves i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif
Go for jounin tests chibi kintama-san!

ED: and I do not wan't to see Sasuke, I do hope Orochimaru has "eaten" him
so the yaoi-lovers can stop flooding net with unhealty pics of him and Neji

RasenDori
Wed, 02-09-2005, 03:14 PM
naruto should have no problem with the exams. hell, he can even meet the 3 man team requirement by using kage bunshin henge

EDIT:

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
GAARA LOOKS BADASS

if mullets are badass, that is

PSJ
Wed, 02-09-2005, 03:32 PM
gaara does look badass even tho he always have he looks even more badass now.

Superman
Wed, 02-09-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by: RasenDori
if mullets are badass, that is

They are.

dragon608608
Wed, 02-09-2005, 04:06 PM
did they have to have a team of 3 for taking the exam? i wonder who the other 2 that will help Naruto? or perhap, they just do the big tournament for the exam? can't wait

jing
Wed, 02-09-2005, 04:36 PM
maybe he will just be promoted directly to hokage by the end of the series.

Elessar
Wed, 02-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Naruto will take the exam together with 2 new genins, but as Jiraiya tells the leaf about Akatsuki's moves, Naruto will get an undercover mission while trying to get his rank update.

Jman
Wed, 02-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Gggreaatt chapter

Phoenix23
Wed, 02-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by: Elessar
Naruto will take the exam together with 2 new genins, but as Jiraiya tells the leaf about Akatsuki's moves, Naruto will get an undercover mission while trying to get his rank update.What's wrong with just using 2 shadow clones? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Saffire
Wed, 02-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Gaara's hair looks like the 4th's now. Of course, Gaara's is red, but you can't really tell that from the black and white images we have.

There's a Chuunin exam coming up by the sound of it, so I imagine Naruto will just enter it with somebody. The Chuunin exam provided a good excuse to get Naruto's team assaulted once, it'll probably be the same here.

Neji becoming a Jounin so quickly makes me like him even more.

Assertn
Wed, 02-09-2005, 05:13 PM
maybe konohomaru will graduate and will team up with naruto for the exam
LAFFO

PSJ
Wed, 02-09-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by: Saffire
Gaara's hair looks like the 4th's now. Of course, Gaara's is red, but you can't really tell that from the black and white images we have.

There's a Chuunin exam coming up by the sound of it, so I imagine Naruto will just enter it with somebody. The Chuunin exam provided a good excuse to get Naruto's team assaulted once, it'll probably be the same here.

Neji becoming a Jounin so quickly makes me like him even more.

there is a big diffrence between gaara's and yondaime's hair. gaara's hair is just little longer than it was before thats all.

Raven
Wed, 02-09-2005, 06:38 PM
I'd say that Naruto will take the exam again, but this time Akatsuki will attack him in the forrest of death rather than Oro and the sound.

But then again, seeing another exam would be kind of repetitive, so I don't know what to think really.

Terracosmo
Wed, 02-09-2005, 06:43 PM
Awesome beyond words.

(What did you expect? NEJI IS A FUCKING JOUNIN!)

Ryllharu
Wed, 02-09-2005, 06:43 PM
I can see Naruto's promotion going one of two ways. Either it will be fast and take two chapters (unlikely, but it wouldn't waste time and the storyline could get going)

OR

Naruto goes into the next chuunin exam, with whoever, it doesn't really matter. Then Akatsuki will probably inflitrate Konoha and try to attack Naruto and get Kyuubi. It takes another 50 chapters to get through the exam and as a result of the attack, the exam is cancelled and Naruto remains a genin. Rinse. Repeat. Sometime Sasuke shows up with Oro.

Personally, I would HATE the latter to occur, but unfortunately, it's probably what's going to happen. Or at least some variation of it.

Mut
Wed, 02-09-2005, 06:50 PM
if naruto becomes the hokage straight from genin. the series will be called a failure.

Deblas
Wed, 02-09-2005, 07:11 PM
Hokage,no. becoming a chunnin. yes

fremeer
Wed, 02-09-2005, 07:30 PM
gaara is a bad ass cause not many people would have the balls to have a mullet.

jing
Wed, 02-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
if naruto becomes the hokage straight from genin. the series will be called a failure.

I dunno Mut ... do we really want to see all that shit he has to do from gennin to chunnin, to jounnin, to hokage?

Assertn
Wed, 02-09-2005, 08:12 PM
im a little dissappointed that shikamaru isnt ahead of everyone anymore.....we might not see him as a squad leader much now

jing: i'd like to see chuunin to jounin

jing
Wed, 02-09-2005, 08:29 PM
okay but no more gennin to chunnin =P

Kenshiro
Wed, 02-09-2005, 08:46 PM
I think its fucking retarded that Neji, Temari and Kankuro are jounin.

Neji, i can maybe understand as he trains non stop

But

Temari and Kankuro are just normal run of the mill ninja, and no way should you be able to make it from Genin to Jounin in 2.5 years.

Also, Gaara being Kazekage? wtf? That is so fucking gay. Assuming that all the kages/sannin are about the same level that means that Gaara would be a match for Jiraya, Oro, 3rd, Tsunade etc. no fucking way.

Fair, enough, there is a power vacuum in the sand village, AND he was the son of the previous kage, but I still think its retarded. I think Kakashi could still easily wipe the floor with gaara

jing
Wed, 02-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by: Kenshiro

But

Temari and Kankuro are just normal run of the mill ninja, and no way should you be able to make it from Genin to Jounin in 2.5 years.

Also, Gaara being Kazekage? wtf? That is so fucking gay. Assuming that all the kages/sannin are about the same level that means that Gaara would be a match for Jiraya, Oro, 3rd, Tsunade etc. no fucking way.

Fair, enough, there is a power vacuum in the sand village, AND he was the son of the previous kage, but I still think its retarded. I think Kakashi could still easily wipe the floor with gaara

Ok people change man. I couldn't believe that neji failed the first chunnin exam. Anything's possible. No Gaara is not a match for Jiraiya, Oro, 3rd, Tsunade. of course he isn't. But were talking about Sand village here, piece of crap sand village.

kyubisrage
Wed, 02-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Buddy gaara is the kages son so its not stupid that is the the kage. You cant say kakashi can own gaara because we havent seen either of there developments.

Eurasian
Wed, 02-09-2005, 09:03 PM
sakura is a chuunin -_- but then she does have insane strength now...

i can't believe gaara became kazekage just like that. so there's no one else in the sand country that is stronger than him. that's...pretty sad...but maybe he's really improved during this time but still...

Hakeem_21
Wed, 02-09-2005, 09:16 PM
Maybe they made him kazekage cause if he activates his demon he can destroy a country alone if that country doesnt have a ninja with a demon who can protect it...

I just hope we dont see more demons like Kyubi and Gaaras demon, i dont wanna se naruto fighting against other demon possed people that would suck bigtime

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 02-09-2005, 09:21 PM
I knew garra would become kazaa kage I knew it. I can't believe all of you are doubting the powers of the sand man. I mean common he's got the demon badger that puts him above most ninjas by default. It also makes sense because now that Naruto has helped Garra work through his issues he is more capable and compitent then before. He can properly rule his village with compassion.

Also Temari and Kankoro are both really strong characters. During the chunin exam before the final tournament fight they both discuss how they could have become Chunins if it weren't for the fact that they were needed in order to accomplish the inflitration mission. A

Finally do none of you remember the big scene where they made there dramatic return. They all came back with bitching new costumes and abilities. They progressed so far in the span of a month or two. It really dosen't surprise me that they've both become Jounin in the time span 2.5 years. If it's any consolation to those Kakashi fans out there. Kakashi beat them all by becomming a jounin at the age of 12.

Franggio
Wed, 02-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by: Kenshiro

But

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

Come on ppl yall sa that bugger who Jiraya used the Rasengan at the first time to show naruto how it worked
it's obviously different rank systems in different villages, and Gaara as Kazekage ain't to impossible you all saw
how he beat Kimimaro, with those jutsus one could easely take out a few squads of shinobis(that sand wave thingy) and it's pretty obvious that a larger village whom produces a larger quantity of ninjas would also be able to produce stronger ninjas, and by looking at the only chuunin exam we've seen and comparing the sands versus the Leafes ninjas participating, it's clear that Konoha is a larger village, thus proving that they have a larger possibility to provide the village with stronger ninjas. Well all this rambling was just me trying to look at it through a scientific way

kaigan
Wed, 02-09-2005, 09:32 PM
wow, fking awesome chapter. now all i need is the translation.

kAi
Wed, 02-09-2005, 09:37 PM
but sand had to make the individual ninjas strong, hence gaara.

i would have thought that baki would have been kazekage, and gaara later down the track.
shikamaru not a jounin, hmmm. only possibility is that he is to lazy.

i'm thinking we'll see other demons. maybe naruto will fight them, or they will fight the akatsuki.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 02-09-2005, 09:42 PM
Im praying that dont happen i mean its enough with kyubi and the badger to control the world anyway...

Also i cant see other ninjas with demons cause this abotu Naruto and Sasuke and co not about some ninja with demon from some other country atleast thats what i hope.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 02-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Fucking pimped out badass chapter. I thought that if Neji was a jounin that maybe Shino or Shika would be one too. I can't wait to see Rock Lee in the chunning vest lmao.

And Gaara deffinetly deserves to be Kaze since he's by far the strongest ninja in the sand village. Temari and Kankouro are deffinetly up there too. I'd say they are the three best, didn't you see how all those sand got wrecked....somehow....not quite sure. But still, new Akatsuki members + Gaara-Kaze + Neji-jounin+Lee-chuunin= holy FUCK!!111AWESOME SHITHJBKJHKBKHB

Hakeem_21
Wed, 02-09-2005, 10:41 PM
I want to see Neji in action cause he was awsome in his latest fight agianst the spider guy so i wanna se the Jounin Neji fight to see how much he have improved.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu:

I wouldnt be sure about Gaara bieng the strongest in sand there must some jounins or speciel jounin stronger than him.

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 02-09-2005, 11:00 PM
Yesh why do all of you fools doubt Garra. He's got the fricking sand badger, easily the second strongest thing we've seen so far in naruto. Not only does have have that kick ass demon but he knows how to use it quite well. Keep in mind he spend most of his early years learning Jutsu's from his father who was the prior kazekage.

Who knows naruto may have become stronger and can control his kyubi better but in the first part he really couldn't control it at will or use it's powers very effectivly while Garra could. Hell Garra not only uses the powers of his demon but he's found ways to improve them. Do none of you remember the beatdown he layed on Kimmimaro? That was just from a few months of practice. Imagine what he probably was able to do in 2 years time. Makes perfect sense to me. Although poor naruto. He helps out Garra only to find that the guy gets the position long before he even gets the oportunity to tryout for it.

fremeer
Wed, 02-09-2005, 11:14 PM
naruto passes the first two steps of the exam easily and in the tourny wins the damn thing.

gaara as a kage is doing it a little cause that would mean he is jounin level which puts him with im guessing the non-named jounin cause those jounin not so top shit, still 1 stronger that 4 high-class genin so that saying something

JusDaMan
Wed, 02-09-2005, 11:15 PM
Im thinking that The 4 Chinese Beast god will have a sort of role in this Story line...
(byakko, serryu, genbu, susaku)

Sasuke MAY contain a Red pheonix of some sort cause of something. (He specialize in fire jutsu alot)
Kakashi's dad was known as white fang, And kakashi got White chakra... He MAY be White tiger (Fang dont necessarily mean dog)

Genbu and serryu I got no idea...

Masamune
Wed, 02-09-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by: Franggio
Come on ppl yall sa that bugger who Jiraya used the Rasengan at the first time to show naruto how it worked
it's obviously different rank systems in different villages, and Gaara as Kazekage ain't to impossible you all saw
how he beat Kimimaro, with those jutsus one could easely take out a few squads of shinobis(that sand wave thingy) and it's pretty obvious that a larger village whom produces a larger quantity of ninjas would also be able to produce stronger ninjas, and by looking at the only chuunin exam we've seen and comparing the sands versus the Leafes ninjas participating, it's clear that Konoha is a larger village, thus proving that they have a larger possibility to provide the village with stronger ninjas. Well all this rambling was just me trying to look at it through a scientific way

he didnt beat Kimimaro.

Kimimaro died of his decease.

Elessar
Wed, 02-09-2005, 11:30 PM
Alright, we don't even know if Kazekage is nominated like the Hokage. It could, after all, even be birthright.
Second, Gaara controls sand. In the Hidden SAND Village thats an obvious advantage....
Also, he inherits something like a god to them.

After the little war, both sides had a lack of shinobi. That does not mean that new shinobis got promoted any faster! Bad shinobi with high ranks are still bad shinobis who will fail the mission. But it made everyone take overtimes. More missions to fulfill in less time. Therefor, more experience in the same amount of time, compared to before.

Do you think Kakashi would have developed a new jutsu (the 2nd in his life. The first one during a war), if he continued to lazily hang around in Konoha as he did before? Also, he appears right now better worked out (stamina wise etc) than ever before.

Naruto wouldn't have become chuunin or jounin if he stayed in the village. He needed the 'isolation training', so that he had noone to pull off pranksters and focus on his training. Hanging around with just one person, who (a) teaches him and (b) acknowledges him, gave him the needed carefreeness to train, develop and evolve.
Now, that he has overcome the social pressure and is more self-confident, he can finally start to seriously interact with other shinobis.

idontnoh
Thu, 02-10-2005, 01:13 AM
is it just me or is no one else dying to lee?? i mean we can predict he's gonna be a Gai clone but come on my its ROCK LEE!!! Also i'd like to see naruto rape the chunnin exam and have moderate difficulty in becoming a jounin.

jing
Thu, 02-10-2005, 01:17 AM
I just wanna see Neji. In my opinion, the exam will be interupted again, forcing him to carry the gennin title for a while.

drcitan
Thu, 02-10-2005, 01:20 AM
If I recall they made it through the Forest of Death in about 2hours(might be off). That right there should already tell you how much more advanced they were compared to the leaf genins. The examiners even realized they were beyond gennin level ninja. They also made it to the finals during the chunnin exam. Hell look how much they improved when they went up against the sound 5. Dude I could go. Its very possible for them to advance the way they did what the time that passed.

Psyke
Thu, 02-10-2005, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by: jing
I just wanna see Neji. In my opinion, the exam will be interupted again, forcing him to carry the gennin title for a while.

But considering the Akatsuki climate and with Jiraiya being the one with all the important informaion would he want Naruto to join the exam just to get the title of Chunin? Unless of course he wants Naruto to be bait or something..... Remember Jiraiya trained Naruto just to prepare for Akatsuki.

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 02-10-2005, 01:23 AM
Lee has so much more potential to be stronger than Gai. I'm suprised he's not a Jounin yet.

I still say Tsunade will make Naruto a Chunnin just because and not have to take the test.

hyuga_hinata
Thu, 02-10-2005, 01:36 AM
damn that was a good chapter!!!
I was think abt Naruto teaming up with Konohamaru for the next exam as well! that would be hilarious~
These upcoming chapters will be great... very unpredictable so far~ hopefully it'll stay that way

Everon
Thu, 02-10-2005, 02:46 AM
It makes me wonder, how did Sakura complete the chuunin exam if it requires 3 man teams?

Whats naruto going to do this time around?

NaruGuy11
Thu, 02-10-2005, 02:50 AM
I'm guessing he and two clones will make a team. No one wil know they'ree clones and when Akatsuki make a move to snatch Naruto during the exam they find out team mates are clones Narutos a elite jourin and that it was just a big undercover mission to draw out Akatsuki.
My reasoning behind this theory
1) They wouldn't mention exam if its not gonna be important.
2) Naruto could be neji before he left i find it hard to believe that 2 and a half years training with one of the strongest ninjas on the planet is not gonna make him stronger than all his friends.
3) If naruto isn't stronger than all of the once rookies he isn't gonna stand a chance against sasuke ultimanely makeing ome of the reasons for training fail

Psyke
Thu, 02-10-2005, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by: Everon
It makes me wonder, how did Sakura complete the chuunin exam if it requires 3 man teams?

The 3 man team format was only for the Forest of Death. After that it was all one on one. Would't be surprised if she teamed up with somebody else as there were so many Genins.

Stoopider
Thu, 02-10-2005, 03:49 AM
Gaara kazekage? Not bad. I thought it would be his teacher. Maybe the sand village practices some sort of monarchy. Since Gaara is the son of the Kazekage. And the most powerful, probably by Sand's standards (Probably sand, like somewhat said, are crappy). Wait a second... hmm. maybe not. Because Kankuro is Gaara's older brother no?

Anyway, Cool everybodies going up the ranks. That was the highlight of this episode. Wish there was more interaction with the rest of the leaf's rather than straight into the arc.

Kenshiro
Thu, 02-10-2005, 06:47 AM
Here is a much better trans.

Credit goes to the assholes at Narutofan

Page 1 - Sidebar: I can't act like an adult! But we're steadily growing!
Title: 247 - Those who invade the sand!

Page 2:
Kakashi: Geez...you two really got stronger! I can't believe you actually got the bells.

Naruto: Hehe! I've finally surpassed Kakashi-sense!
Sakura: Whaat? Get over yourself!

Kakashi: Heheh...whatever...I'm still young. Plus, I've made an a-MAZING new jutsu, which is...

Naruto's stomach: GRUMBLE

Naruto: Oh yeah! I haven't been to Ichiraku Ramen since I got back!
Sakura: I'm pretty hungry myself, thanks to the training...

Page 3: Kakashi: That's the exact opposite of how he would have reacted back in the day...he used to be such a cute kid...
Nauto: Ok! We're gonna treat you, KAkashi-sensei!
Sakura: Hey! Senseeeee!

Kakashi: Sorry, but I've gotta make the new list of teams and read them off. Later!

Naruto: Ah! He left!
Sakura: I have a feeling he's going to go off and read that book...

Naruto: Hehehe...well, looks like it's just the two of us...
Sakura: Ok, but it's your treat!

Page 4
Sakura: SHIKAMARU! TEMARI-SAN! GUESS WHO'S HERE!

Page 5:
Shikamaru: Hey! Naruto!!
Naruto: Shikamaru!!
Temari: This...is that little kid?

Shikamaru: You just got back, right?
Naruto: Actually, I've been here since yesterday...
Shikamaru: Heh...so have you become less of an idiot? Something about you seems different...
Sakura: Noooo, he hasn't changed a bit!
Naruto: Sakura-chan...........
Shikamaru: Ah...Like I thought...I think?

Naruto: Hey, is she your date or what?

Page 6:
Shikamaru: Nope.
Temari: Stop joking...like I'd date this guy...The Chuunin exam is coming up soon and we're just here for a meeting between the Sand and Leaf.
Shikamaru: It's troublesome, but I've been put in charge of the exam. I guess you could say I'm seeing off the Sand's messenger, here.

Naruto: Chuunin exam, eh...that takes me back.
Shikamaru: Oh yeah! What're you gonna do, Naruto?
Naruto: 'Bout what?
Shikamaru: "About what," he says...the Chuunin Exam.

Shikamaru: You're the only one from our class who hasn't become a Chuunin.
The ONLY one.

Page 7:
Naruto: WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

Naruto: Then...then! Sakura-chan, yhou're a Chuunin?
Sakura: Yeah!

Shikamaru: Oh, and Neji, Kankurou from the Sand and Temari here are all Jounins.
Naruo: HUUUUUH?

Naruto: Ah!
Naruto: Gaara! What about Gaara?

Page 8: (OH HOLY SHIT)
Baki: Kazekage-sama. It is time for the meeting.
Gaara the Goddamn Kazekage: Gotcha.

Page 9:
Sand-guy: Our village's power has finally reached an equilibrium; the same level as the rest of the hidden villages, and prospered through trade with the other countries.
In addition, our new recruits have benefitted tremendously from our implementation of the Leaf's training curriculum.
Other Sand-guy: The chuunin exam is coming up...I'm looking forward to seeing it.
3rd sand-guy: But at the same time, I've heard a disturbing rumor...
Baki: What?

Page 10: Sand-guy: Jiraiya, of the LEgendary Sannin, informed me.
Have you heard of the organization known as "Akatsuki"?

Jiraiya: The Hidden Sand has been warned and is taking precautions. We've deployed ANBU to critical points around our perimiter. I'm strong, but I can't stop them from entering the country.

Kakashi: Why would Akatsuki make the fact that they're on the move obvious? What is their objective?
Jiraiya: I don't know, either.
I'm going off to gather information again.

Page 11: Let's conclude the meeting.
Sand-guy: Well done, Yuura. Getting him to make the order to tighten up the village's defenses.
Yuura: I've been working as a senior advisor for four years. Plus, if THE Jiraiya was the source of the information...It might seem prudent, but I decided we should move as soon as possible.

Sand-guy: What's the matter?
Yuura: Nothing...I just haven't been sleeping well lately...
Guy: Take care of your body.

Page 12: I see...that's how it is, eh...

Page 13:
Akatsuki (Skinny): Orochimaru should be a little further this way, according to that guy we killed.
Ak(s): Once he figured out our goal, he crapped his pants and ran away...figures...
Akatsuku(large): Doesn't matter. We don't know what he's like now that he's used that jutsu again...

Ak(s): You gonna be ok with just that bag?
AK(l): The enemy uses "The human pillar of strength".

Ak(s): My jutsu are all performances...I bought "Number 80" for this one...

Page 14:

Ak(s): "One tail"...yep.

Sand-nin: What the...?
Black cloaks with red clouds...they're...!

Page 15:
Sand-nin: Captain Yuura!
Yuura: Don't worry. We'll finish things quickly.

Page 16:
Ak(l): Well done...you remember us, right?
Yuura: YES! Of course, Sasori-sama!

Ak(s): Good. I might've had to use my jutsu if you didn't...and let my little subordinate jog your memory.

AK(s): Ready?

Page 17:
Hand: :uking noise::
Ak(s): Master Sasori, you can just watch...

Ak(s): I'll attack from above the village.

Page 18-19:
Sidebar: The strange member of Akatsuki...his(her?) target is Gaara!

Ak(s): What do you think of the shape my performance has taken?
Sasori: Don't keep me waiting.

Ak(s): "One tail". Shukaku, the "Human pillar of strength." Gaara of the Desert.

Let's see what you're made of!

FIN

No "next week" teaser...could this mean no chapter? I hopeth not.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 02-10-2005, 08:15 AM
Wait I'm confused about the relationship of two new atsuki members? Is the tall skinny one the more skilled of the two or is it the one that's hunched over? That translation you have is much better but I'm really confused about whose the master and whose the aprentice.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 02-10-2005, 08:44 AM
When you think about it, Neji becoming a jounin isnt a suprise cause he is rare cause he has both talent and the brain ti think like a real ninja.

He is the only beside Shikamaru that that thinks alot about his moves of all the genins eh i mean the chuunins.

Stoopider
Thu, 02-10-2005, 09:37 AM
Aih.. Does Naruto have to take the Chunnin exam again? This sucks. I wonder who's his team mates...

Don't tell me it's Konohamaru..i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Hakeem_21
Thu, 02-10-2005, 09:47 AM
Its would be cool if Konhamaru was his team mate cause thats like two birds with one stone, you get to see Naruto becoming a chuunin and at the same time you will get to see how good Konahamaru is.

Mut
Thu, 02-10-2005, 01:02 PM
why do people think that gaara beat kimimaro? it was clear that kimimaro died from the disease not from gaara's attacks. gaara even admitted that he would've been owned if it weren't for the disease kicking in at the last moment.

Assertn
Thu, 02-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by: Psyke

Originally posted by: Everon

The 3 man team format was only for the Forest of Death. After that it was all one on one. Would't be surprised if she teamed up with somebody else as there were so many Genins.

she probably teamed with ino and chouji

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 02-10-2005, 01:50 PM
The reason why everyone thinks Garra beat Kimimaro is because Garra gave him a royal beatdown. Garra did so many badass things. It was still badass for Kimmmaro to take all of those blows and was still able to rebound from them but generally he was on the receiving end so it seemed more like Garra was in control of the fight.

Mut
Thu, 02-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
The reason why everyone thinks Garra beat Kimimaro is because Garra gave him a royal beatdown. Garra did so many badass things. It was still badass for Kimmmaro to take all of those blows and was still able to rebound from them but generally he was on the receiving end so it seemed more like Garra was in control of the fight.
oh, yeah, let's just completely ignore the part where kimimaro was inches away from putting holes in lee and gaara's head at the end right before kimimaro died. it must've been gaara's "OH SHIT WE'RE DEAD" look that killed kimimaro.

edit: and while we're at it, let's just ignore wht gaara said in the end about how they would've gotten owned if it weren't for the disease.

jing
Thu, 02-10-2005, 05:48 PM
http://img138.exs.cx/img138/650/narutoch217p143qu.png
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Hikyuu
Thu, 02-10-2005, 06:00 PM
Wow... did someone say Gaara had a mullet?! someone has a rather large misconception of what a mullet is. Maybe a quaf but not a mullet >.> Anyway from how well I understood the raw in conjuction with the translation seems like good times are ahead i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif w00t

Knives122
Thu, 02-10-2005, 06:05 PM
Im just going to go ahead and say it since Im going to assume(which I dont like doing) that the pic is in contradiction to what mut said(dont really care what anyone else says/thinks): Im going to believe that what gai told Lee is true and that Luck is a part of real strength, therefore they won, end of discussion

Kimi dying at the last min.=luck=part of real strength=Gaara & Lee win; deal with it

back on topic: Im wondering how exactly the two Akatsuki members are going to try and capture Shukaku from Gaara(more or less this little mission of theirs will fail IMO)

fremeer
Thu, 02-10-2005, 09:02 PM
its a hard choice between mullet and other less 80's hair. his sides and front are a little too long.

true mullets
http://www.mulletshirts.com/i/mmmullet.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/6906/freak.jpg

as you can see it's business at the front and part-ey at the back.

RyougaZell
Thu, 02-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Did anyone else noticed that Scorpion (Sarosi) refers to their objective as "One-Tail"? Is it a nickname for Shukaku who in fact has one tail? And then we have Kyuubi (Nine-tails) so... is Akatsuki looking for NINE Youma?

Hakeem_21
Thu, 02-10-2005, 10:48 PM
http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~rmazores/naruto/

The translating is out now its not Inane but Idane.

I have read it myself its pretty good if you were wondering about the quality.

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 02-10-2005, 11:26 PM
YAY!!!

Franggio
Thu, 02-10-2005, 11:28 PM
I don't know about translation...well I can't say it's totally wrong due to my japanese being kinda inferior but it seems messed up

Lefty
Thu, 02-10-2005, 11:39 PM
I agree it seems to be a little off. The language dosn't fit right. What I wanto see is if naruto will become a Chunin or will he stay a lowly genin for the rest of the sereis but beat the living crap out of everyone.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 02-10-2005, 11:43 PM
The langauge fitted pretty right with the translation earlier in this thread also who cares about the language when you understand what they were saying.

Just download Inane when its out.

Hellraiser
Fri, 02-11-2005, 12:02 AM
hey kenshiro, according to this, http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=2000121&topic=19187485, you didnt do that translation.

Everon
Fri, 02-11-2005, 12:29 AM
Hey hellraiser, I don't think he ever did take credit for translating it.

It was just a copy & paste job so we didn't have to go searching for it.

Mut
Fri, 02-11-2005, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by: Knives122
Im just going to go ahead and say it since Im going to assume(which I dont like doing) that the pic is in contradiction to what mut said(dont really care what anyone else says/thinks): Im going to believe that what gai told Lee is true and that Luck is a part of real strength, therefore they won, end of discussion

Kimi dying at the last min.=luck=part of real strength=Gaara & Lee win; deal with it
i'm not denying that gaara won, i'm just saying that gaara isn't the one who should take credit for the winning. he just won by default.

and forget lee, that broken ass loser.

PSJ
Fri, 02-11-2005, 05:49 AM
so gaara is called the human pillar of strength now? what a nickname i think he should have stuck to gaara of the sand.....

Psyke
Fri, 02-11-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
so gaara is called the human pillar of strength now? what a nickname i think he should have stuck to gaara of the sand.....

Somehow I don't think "The human pillar of strength" as stated in the translation referred to Gaara. Shukaku maybe? Doesn't really make sense now does it?

PSJ
Fri, 02-11-2005, 07:40 PM

Somehow I don't think "The human pillar of strength" as stated in the translation referred to Gaara. Shukaku maybe? Doesn't really make sense now does it?

thats just what i thought it didnt fit in to it. i must have been a mistranslation i dont think we can trust that translation.

jing
Fri, 02-11-2005, 09:00 PM
um. woudln't they reveal why he was given a new nickname in the next chapter?

Hakeem_21
Fri, 02-11-2005, 10:25 PM
For the sand Gaara and Shukuku is the same since they need them both to protect the village but since Shukuku is a demon who is 1000 times more powerful than Gaara you can guess that he is the pillar.

kAi
Fri, 02-11-2005, 10:37 PM
so gaara has been accepted by the sand.
now to see if the leaf accept naruto.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 02-11-2005, 10:43 PM
Well didnt they plant the demon in Gaara cause they needed someone really powerful if i remember correctly.

While Naruto may never be truly accepted since his demon killed alot of people from Konoha and thats isnt easy to forget.

kAi
Fri, 02-11-2005, 11:00 PM
inane out #mangareaders @ irc.irchighway.net

but gaara killed people himself, they were scared of him.

shukaku the power of human sacrifice.
and that akatsuki guy said i'll use number 18, seems he has some techniques.

SK
Sat, 02-12-2005, 08:13 AM
great chapter, naruto will be able to become a chunnin so easy, its not even level playing field...

Psyke
Sat, 02-12-2005, 10:26 AM
Everyone's talking about how people have grown or have developed. As I was watching the anime ep. 120 I had a thought: What's gonna become of Akamaru in 2.5 years time? Defiinately not a puppy anymore...... Or maybe Kiba will have a family of dogs with small little Akamarus. Just a thought.

PSJ
Sat, 02-12-2005, 10:44 AM
i really hope akamaru has grown it would be bullshit if he havent.

narutosharingan
Sat, 02-12-2005, 11:13 AM
I highly doubt they are going to show Naruto going through the entire Chuunin process again. The man is a jounin level person, so no way do they waste their time. Naurto' sole purpose in training was to prepare him for Akatsuki.

PSJ
Sat, 02-12-2005, 12:01 PM
yea kishimoto wont waste any time on another chuunin exam

Phoenix23
Sat, 02-12-2005, 01:04 PM
yea kishimoto wont waste any time on another chuunin examHe did mention it though, and somehow I think he did so for a purpose... (although that purpose could've been to just lead the dialogue into the rank discussion; of course, it might also be that while Naruto might technically retake the chuunin exam, the actual story would be something entirely different just using the chuunin exam for background - we'll know for sure in 10 more issues, I hope)

JusDaMan
Sat, 02-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Everyone's talking about how people have grown or have developed. As I was watching the anime ep. 120 I had a thought: What's gonna become of Akamaru in 2.5 years time? Defiinately not a puppy anymore...... Or maybe Kiba will have a family of dogs with small little Akamarus. Just a thought.

Akamaru should be age 52.5 by now...(dog years)

1 human year= 7 dog year

Assuming kiba got akamaru at age 7... (sasuke's clan got killed at age 7. There we see shikamaru and choji wanting to buy candy after school[chapter 225]. and during that year they are wearing the same outfit that were in [Check chapter 154])

age 7- start of naruto (age 11) = 4 years
11-12(entire part 1)=1 year
14.5 years old(beginning of part 2)=2.5 years

4+1+2.5=7.5 HUMAN years old
52.5 Dog years old

Akamaru is REALLY old....

Psyke
Sat, 02-12-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by: Phoenix23

yea kishimoto wont waste any time on another chuunin examHe did mention it though, and somehow I think he did so for a purpose... (although that purpose could've been to just lead the dialogue into the rank discussion; of course, it might also be that while Naruto might technically retake the chuunin exam, the actual story would be something entirely different just using the chuunin exam for background - we'll know for sure in 10 more issues, I hope)

I feel the same way. The Chunin exam was brought up specifically in the chapter, with Shikamaru being the liasion or helper in the exams, and even the Sand Jounins spoke of the Chunin exams. I think the Chunin exam will happen, but it will be disrupted (yet again). Most probably by the rest of the unseen Akatsuki members.

PSJ
Sat, 02-12-2005, 02:07 PM

thats a possibility but in nay case the real exam will be cut very short.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 02-12-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by: kAi
inane out #mangareaders @ irc.irchighway.net

but gaara killed people himself, they were scared of him.

shukaku the power of human sacrifice.
and that akatsuki guy said i'll use number 18, seems he has some techniques.

Yeah but they can forgive him cause they need his power they dont have legendary ninjas like Konoha.

Finaly we will get to see one of these Akatsuki guys fight, hopefully they can show some good thechniques.

Munsu
Sat, 02-12-2005, 02:14 PM
maybe they'll do a Killua type of exam when he retook the hunter exam in Hunter x Hunter....

Shin_Naruto
Sat, 02-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Naruto will never retake the chunin exam (and if he does take it... he will fail)

he will remain a gennin until he becomes a hokage....
it adds a level of humor that people can always rag on him about (Full Metal Alch + short jokes)

Ryllharu
Sat, 02-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by: Ryllharu
I can see Naruto's promotion going one of two ways. Either it will be fast and take two chapters (unlikely, but it wouldn't waste time and the storyline could get going)

OR

Naruto goes into the next chuunin exam, with whoever, it doesn't really matter. Then Akatsuki will probably inflitrate Konoha and try to attack Naruto and get Kyuubi. It takes another 50 chapters to get through the exam and as a result of the attack, the exam is cancelled and Naruto remains a genin. Rinse. Repeat. Sometime Sasuke shows up with Oro.

Personally, I would HATE the latter to occur, but unfortunately, it's probably what's going to happen. Or at least some variation of it.

I'll quote myself to pull attention to my previous post, as it is pertinant to the present part of the thread.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 02-12-2005, 05:44 PM
woot, finally a good chapter, even I can't really bitch about it...

first of all, Gaara's case.

while I also think the the kage should be someone with leadership qualities and not just a big bag of violence about to explode, there are also good reasons to put gaara in charge.
First of all, the sand village had to put up a mask of competnce (like the leaf did) in order to maintian it status and to keep all the job orders. If they had put someone lik baki in charge, it would be like saying ' remember the guy who was number seven last year? guess what, now he's number one' and therefore, it's a decleration that they've lost all the elite of the village. But say Gaara's coming to meet a fedual lord, the lord sees a kid and thinks 'oh, he's a small idiot that i can cheat and get low priced missions from' or 'damn, the village is usless' but when gaara displays his power (by killing some anbu-like masked guardians of the lord) then the lord goes 'whaa!' and gaara gets a better position.

besides, it's baki who's really handling the stuff, Gaara's a mascot that unites the sand and keeps them from rebelling against baki.

other than that, the chunin exam will probably take place in the next arc, and we'll see Sasuke there (even though he was supposed to be taken over by then), so there's that to look ahead for.

the ranks are pretty logical, considering that the sands were held back to genins in order to be part of the attack on the leaf, so they were most likely able to get past the jounin rank in the years which passed, and so is neji. the only real suprise is that Temari is only a chunin, i half expect here to be a jounin as well, since she's the eldest among the sang sibilings...

now, in page 16, the one who killed everybody was yuura, right? it seems so since he's covered in so much blood...

and Sasori is a girl, right? and i guess her husband has been killed by the sand, my perssonal guess is that sasori is Yashamaru's wife, but it's only my own twisted plot making...

Raven
Sat, 02-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
the only real suprise is that Temari is only a chunin, i half expect here to be a jounin as well, since she's the eldest among the sang sibilings...
She is a jounin. Check page 7 again.

Mgslee
Sat, 02-12-2005, 07:40 PM
Doesn't it scare anyone else that Hinata is now a Chuunin?
Just a thought....

piasEnigma
Sat, 02-12-2005, 08:29 PM
rofl that just came to mind.. wow.. hinata.. a chuunin.. wtf is going on here.

narutosharingan
Sat, 02-12-2005, 09:01 PM

I feel the same way. The Chunin exam was brought up specifically in the chapter, with Shikamaru being the liasion or helper in the exams, and even the Sand Jounins spoke of the Chunin exams. I think the Chunin exam will happen, but it will be disrupted (yet again). Most probably by the rest of the unseen Akatsuki members.

I just don't see that happening. Why would you want to have the exact same scenario again? If this happened, it would just be repetitious, which is not something that should happen. If there is in fact a Chuunin exam again, it will end quick, with Naruto becoming a Chuunin. If not, then they just won't do it. It is a supreme waste of time, and having the EXACT same location for a crisis is not smart planning on the writer's part.

Knives122
Sat, 02-12-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by: Mgslee
Just a thought....

not really, she did say that she would try harder and I guess she did.

but seeing Naruto take the Chunning Exam "again" is what I like to call repetitive , and things like that dont go well in other scenarios, Kishimoto should just have the two Atkatsuki members attack Gaara, Leaf hears about it, Tsunade makes Naruto a chunnin, they all go over there and team up on those two losers(probably wont happen)

cipan
Sun, 02-13-2005, 01:05 AM
Hurm... I dunno if anyone knows this, probably most of you do, but I'll state it anyway.

The Human Pillar is a term applied to the practice of a k ind of human sacrifice. Usually, when accidents happen too much around a certain building site, people are buried, alive I think, under one of the pillars of the building. This act is used to calm the spirits disturbing the construction. This type of sacrifice mostly happens in Asian countries I think, and when construction workers suddenly died of a freak accident , people usually say that they were sacrifice. Thus the term Human Pillar was coined, Hitobashira in Japanese.

Oh, on a side note, during the construction of Jyomon Tunnel in Hokkaido, a large batch of human bones, believed to be sacrificed as Hitobashira, were found. It was said that they were there since the 1970s.

When my mom was a little girl, the kids used to hide when they see big men in the evenings carrying sickles. They thought that those people are looking for children to sacrifce. Turns out to be they were only cutting down grass i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Edit - And oh, I think the Human Pillar mentioned in chapter 247 was referring to Gaara's mom, who was sacrificed to bring Shukaku into her son. As Jutsu in Naruto go, anything that has to do with time, blood, or life, is bound to be powerful. Just look at the Kuchiyose, the Edo Tensei, and the Shiki Fuujin

Psyke
Sun, 02-13-2005, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by: cipan
Hurm... I dunno if anyone knows this, probably most of you do, but I'll state it anyway.

The Human Pillar is a term applied to the practice of a k ind of human sacrifice.

Edit - And oh, I think the Human Pillar mentioned in chapter 247 was referring to Gaara's mom, who was sacrificed to bring Shukaku into her son. As Jutsu in Naruto go, anything that has to do with time, blood, or life, is bound to be powerful. Just look at the Kuchiyose, the Edo Tensei, and the Shiki Fuujin

Quite interesting. Makes sense but why did the Akatsuki mention about it..........

kAi
Sun, 02-13-2005, 03:33 AM
if the chuunin exam does take place, you'll prob see highlights of it, and maybe the last fight in 1 chapter and the last fight for naruto, and see everyone there in 1 more chapter, i think that is as far as it will go if they show it at all.

Just a thought....
nah, i think she would have worked hard for naruto and herself, with some help from neji.

Stoopider
Sun, 02-13-2005, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by: cipanEdit - And oh, I think the Human Pillar mentioned in chapter 247 was referring to Gaara's mom, who was sacrificed to bring Shukaku into her son. As Jutsu in Naruto go, anything that has to do with time, blood, or life, is bound to be powerful. Just look at the Kuchiyose, the Edo Tensei, and the Shiki Fuujin

Interesting. Makes me wonder the more Gaara kills, does it fuel him becoming stronger?

Masamune
Sun, 02-13-2005, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by: fremeer
gaara is a bad ass cause not many people would have the balls to have a mullet.

dont think he actually grew a mullet....

More likely no one can come near his head with a scissor >_<

good thing he doest have facial hair..

Deblas
Sun, 02-13-2005, 11:47 AM
great chapter. Im looking forward to seeing Akamaru and how much he has grown

Hakeem_21
Sun, 02-13-2005, 12:37 PM
If Sakura is chunnin why in the world wouldnt Hinata be one? She would beat Sakura if they had met in the chunnin exam.

jing
Sun, 02-13-2005, 01:17 PM
I don't know about that. Sakura might even kill Hinata with one punch to the face.

RasenDori
Sun, 02-13-2005, 01:25 PM
and hinata could kill sakura with on hit to the heart

EDIT: not to mention she may know kaiten and rokujuuyon shou now

Death BOO Z
Sun, 02-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Sakura's fighting style is an exctension of the iron fist fighting style, only much stronger, so it natrually falls to Hinata's gentle fist style, and to add to that, Sakura needs chackra to fuel her supereme strentgh, Hinata might be able to shut down sakura's circulary chackra system...

so, if we assume that Hinata has advanced the same 'levels' as Sakura has, then Hinata is still better....

of course, we all know that Sakura's days of glory won't pass so quickly, so she can probably defeat Hinata, at least for now.

Note: of course i know that the fighting style isn't the only thing that matters, and a smart ninja with an inferior fighting style could beat the crap out of a ninja with a superior fighitng style, i was just looking at things from a technical point of view...

oh, and does anyone else think that Sasori is Yashamaru's widdow?

Hakeem_21
Sun, 02-13-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by: jing
I don't know about that. Sakura might even kill Hinata with one punch to the face.

I of course mean in the last chunnin test we saw not the one we didnt see also as others have said just cause Sakura have enourmus streangth now doesnt mean she will beat Hinata cause she also must be better than before.

RasenDori
Sun, 02-13-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
Sakura's fighting style is an exctension of the iron fist fighting style, only much stronger, so it natrually falls to Hinata's gentle fist style, and to add to that, Sakura needs chackra to fuel her supereme strentgh, Hinata might be able to shut down sakura's circulary chackra system...

so, if we assume that Hinata has advanced the same 'levels' as Sakura has, then Hinata is still better....

of course, we all know that Sakura's days of glory won't pass so quickly, so she can probably defeat Hinata, at least for now.

Note: of course i know that the fighting style isn't the only thing that matters, and a smart ninja with an inferior fighting style could beat the crap out of a ninja with a superior fighitng style, i was just looking at things from a technical point of view...

oh, and does anyone else think that Sasori is Yashamaru's widdow?

yes... i think shes naruto's mother. anybody else wanna share baseless theories today?

Assertn
Sun, 02-13-2005, 08:49 PM
i just read through inane's version, and now the whole stuff with the 2 akatsuki's seem to make a little more sense.
at first i thought those 2 akatsukis took out all the guards except for 1, but it seems the 1 guard was the one who took out the others.

from the translations though, it seems sasori is the bigger of the 2 akatsuki.....and the smaller one says "sasori, your husband should watch too"
so does that mean that both of the akatsuki members here are female??

Himura_san
Sun, 02-13-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by: narutosharingan

I just don't see that happening. Why would you want to have the exact same scenario again? If this happened, it would just be repetitious, which is not something that should happen. If there is in fact a Chuunin exam again, it will end quick, with Naruto becoming a Chuunin. If not, then they just won't do it. It is a supreme waste of time, and having the EXACT same location for a crisis is not smart planning on the writer's part.

Well because it's a special event and during these things the enemy will want to strike for whatever their intentions are. Kind of like the Olympics and why they have to bump up security during that time.

Insomniac
Sun, 02-13-2005, 09:10 PM
just about Hinata knowing how to cut the flow of chakra like Neji - they said that Neji knowing that was a huge achievement because it was a thing that only the top level Hyuuga knew how to utilize, so most likely Hinata still doesnt know how to use it unless Neji tutored her (since she was kicked out of the Hyuuga household)

Mut
Sun, 02-13-2005, 09:20 PM
this chapter was so confusing. and inane's editing sucked.

AznSensation
Sun, 02-13-2005, 11:12 PM
There's no doubt in my mind that Naruto's strength and level are very high at this point, but I don't know that Tsunade will actually just appoint him to Chuunin and everything. I mean, in all actuallity, it's just a title...

Remember, based soley on these tests, Kabuto is still a Genin but is at Kakashi's Level...

Just my opinion

Mut
Sun, 02-13-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by: AznSensation
There's no doubt in my mind that Naruto's strength and level are very high at this point, but I don't know that Tsunade will actually just appoint him to Chuunin and everything. I mean, in all actuallity, it's just a title...

Remember, based soley on these tests, Kabuto is still a Genin but is at Kakashi's Level...

Just my opinion
kabuto was only a genin so he can be a spy in konoha. he is NOT a genin in the sound village and that's all that matters.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 02-13-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
i just read through inane's version, and now the whole stuff with the 2 akatsuki's seem to make a little more sense.
at first i thought those 2 akatsukis took out all the guards except for 1, but it seems the 1 guard was the one who took out the others.

from the translations though, it seems sasori is the bigger of the 2 akatsuki.....and the smaller one says "sasori, your husband should watch too"
so does that mean that both of the akatsuki members here are female??

The one that is attacking doesnt look female to me but you never know.

The other one looks like a dwarf,im wondering how she fights.

RasenDori
Mon, 02-14-2005, 12:06 AM

Just my opinion

and remember kabuto never tried. had he done more then quit everytime he would be a jounin, but since i suppose orochimaru needed him to search for worthy genin to join him, kabuto never intended to pass the exam

idontnoh
Mon, 02-14-2005, 01:23 AM
hinata is the original successor to the Hyugga name remember that, so she might have learned to cut off chakra in 2.5years. Also couldn't sakura just immobilize hinata? I mean tsunade did it to kabuto earlier, so im guessing she taught sakura..

RasenDori
Mon, 02-14-2005, 01:37 AM
wont matter... if hinats up to the point where she cant use kaiten, sakura would probally not have many chances to get close

kAi
Mon, 02-14-2005, 02:27 AM
i don't think hinata is going to be weak anymore.
i think she will be able to do what neji could and some more.

Insomniac
Mon, 02-14-2005, 08:52 AM
Neji has the purest blood of the Hyuugas, there is no way Hinata is going to be able to do more then him just because she was put into a different house doesnt make her more talented. did you miss that whole arc i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
as for the bird eyes - from that translation i would say its a guy, it doesnt look too girlish apart from the hair..
it seems that the crouched down thing might be a woman, or gay because bird eyes said that his/her husband should watch

also about the HInata/Neji thing - Neji = jounin, Hinata = chuunin nuff said

Phoenix23
Mon, 02-14-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by: Insomniac
Neji has the purest blood of the Hyuugas, there is no way Hinata is going to be able to do more then him just because she was put into a different house doesnt make her more talented. did you miss that whole arc The key word in his post is "could".
He wrote: "i think she will be able to do what neji could and some more."
Which should be read as: "I think she will be able to do what Neji could do before the timejump, and some more" (not that she will be able to do more than what Neji can do after said timejump)

kAi
Mon, 02-14-2005, 09:55 AM
thank you Phoenix23.
you misread my post Insomniac

i have no doubt neji > hinata

Koyuki
Mon, 02-14-2005, 10:09 AM
Yeah. I don't think she will surpace Neji. I wonder how everybody has grown and trained. Anyways, can't wait till next chapter. But I do that every week.

SK
Mon, 02-14-2005, 11:45 AM
i agree if their is a chunnin exam it will probably be disrupted but i think it will be a good chance to see some of the new ninja from konoha and some future enemies

DDBen
Mon, 02-14-2005, 11:56 AM
Well I do believe that the Chuunin exam will take place again however I am expecting a Hunter X Hunter type approach used in the Hunter exam. Where basically Naruto will gather all the scrolls not just the required ones and avoid the final matches as he is the only one who passed. This would allow him to both be a Chuunin and avoid us having to watch a repetative exam.

Also as another possibility being that Naruto's exam was interupted before and he would require a group of 3 to technically take the exam (which makes me question how Sakura passed). Its also possible that he will skip the prelims and be a automatic for the finals which would also avoid a repetative chuunin exam and instead allow us 1 or more fights to show off some of what Naruto has learned.

Considering that he beat a current Kazekage in the first Chuunin exam 2.5-3 years beforehand one would imagine there will be absolutely nobody taking it that can come close to Naruto after the kind of training he's been through.

SK
Mon, 02-14-2005, 12:00 PM
yeah but dont be surprised if theres some badass new guy from who knows what country that gives naruto a run for his money.

Prof. Chaos
Mon, 02-14-2005, 02:04 PM
Think about it, Sakura joined with Choji and Ino because Shikamaru had already passed and they were now a 2 person team needing a 3rd member.

RasenDori
Mon, 02-14-2005, 03:02 PM
you guys are forgetting one key point: the rules for the chuunin exam are different every year. however, i assume that it all ways ends with the final tournament for the feudal lords to judge. it was required to have a three man team for the exam we saw because the first test tested your determination if team members would be risked, and the seconded tested teamwork, and duty, one person doesnt follow the rules, the whole team suffers. but it all became and individual effort in the end. for all we know any team based test could be done with randomly assigned teams to test your ability to co-operate and comliment team members youve never seen before, or detest for the sake of the mission. or, their may be no team based test at all. anyways, i dont think that this exam will be a quick thing. the original dragon ball was very tournament based (face it, kishimot admits he loved dragonball up to the frieza saga) anyways... another exam is a decent way to introduce new non-akatsuki characters, as well as bring about naruto vs sasuke round 3.

Mgslee
Mon, 02-14-2005, 03:22 PM
The comment I made about "Hinata being a Chunnin is a Scary Thought" has nothing to do with her potential then it does her PERSONALITY.

Yes Hinata could become very strong and a force to be reckoned with but from all we've seen her Personality type doesnt lend itself well at all to be a squad leader. When we last saw her, she was serving Tea to Neji and Her father while we were informed she fainted in an attempt to visit Naruto in the hospital...

Generally if Hinata is a Chuunin, I would hope to see a slight personality change but I hate seeing 180's from the middle of no where... I'm just hopeing for a good explanation is all at this point

Sakura making Chuunin is no surprise as she has always had the Heart / Determination to succeed just lacked the skill.

Also the Chuunin exam takes place in different countries each time, so the rules of the exam may (and likely will) be different in other countires. The only similar ground is a tournament at the end to "Show off" all the Genin to the Fuedal Lords. Wouldnt be surprised at all if Previous Tournament Canadiates got a free pass to the tourny or prelims

Death BOO Z
Mon, 02-14-2005, 04:17 PM
actually, i could see Hinata staying Genin just in order to be able to take the exam with Naruto, that could've been a good way to introduce her as a new main charecter in the story...

of course, i'm only saying that becuase i prefer Hinata over Sakura, it has nothing to do with the real plot flowing..

Ryllharu
Mon, 02-14-2005, 04:31 PM
What's with all the Hinata hate? Everyone hated Sakura until recently (except for a few diehard Sakura fans) and eventually Hinata will show up, display WHY she's capable of being a chuunin, and then suddenly we'll see "OMFGZ!1Shift+1!!! Hinata pwnzwrd [insert random guy who needed an ass kicking to save Naruto and Hinata's illegitimate child]!!!!Z!!!" (okay that's a little much, but you get the idea)

I liked Hinata from the first eps of the series, so just like the Sakura is now cool bandwagon there's no room for idiots who like Hinata all of a sudden cause now she's more capable than [random nameless Konoha disposable ninjas]

sangai
Mon, 02-14-2005, 04:35 PM
hmm, ok the if anyone hasn't been lookin around to much, the whole translation of husband was takin a lil to seriousl...

sasori no donna....its more or less, that he holds higher position then the other guy, and that should of been master, leader...someone that is higher ranking..

so no donna=sama....sometimes.

kAi
Mon, 02-14-2005, 10:54 PM
yeah i was wondering on the husband thing, as it was said in samurai 7 talking about an old close acquantence(good friends), and not lover.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 02-14-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by: Ryllharu
What's with all the Hinata hate? Everyone hated Sakura until recently (except for a few diehard Sakura fans) and eventually Hinata will show up, display WHY she's capable of being a chuunin, and then suddenly we'll see "OMFGZ!1Shift+1!!! Hinata pwnzwrd [insert random guy who needed an ass kicking to save Naruto and Hinata's illegitimate child]!!!!Z!!!" (okay that's a little much, but you get the idea)

I liked Hinata from the first eps of the series, so just like the Sakura is now cool bandwagon there's no room for idiots who like Hinata all of a sudden cause now she's more capable than [random nameless Konoha disposable ninjas]

I have always liked Hinata and i will never stop liking her

and Sakura you cant fool me with her new power, she still sucks as a characther she is the most unintresting charachter of all with Ino.

She ruined herself with the sasuke-kun stuff and i cant forget that so easiely.

RasenDori
Tue, 02-15-2005, 01:03 AM
ive always liked hinata as well, shes more of a team player then sakura (even ino had sakura beaten there), she actively pushes to change herself (something that took sakura 236 chpaters to attempt to do), she so shy that its cute, and shes realted to neji (automatic cool points in my book)

i still dislike sakura. just wait... next time she shes sasuke she will totally revert back to uselessness

Psyke
Tue, 02-15-2005, 03:54 AM

Just my opinion
kabuto was only a genin so he can be a spy in konoha. he is NOT a genin in the sound village and that's all that matters.

The Sound Village was set up by Orochimaru. How do you think he ranks the ninjas and promotes them? By virtue of strength? Think not all villages have the same rules for promotion......

Mut
Tue, 02-15-2005, 12:02 PM
The Sound Village was set up by Orochimaru. How do you think he ranks the ninjas and promotes them? By virtue of strength? Think not all villages have the same rules for promotion......
so what are you saying? that kabuto is a genin in sound too?

SK
Tue, 02-15-2005, 04:19 PM
i think we all know that when kabuto was a "genin" he was already a jounin of the sound.

hiten mitsurugi
Tue, 02-15-2005, 04:30 PM
Jounins, chunnins, and gennins are all labels used to label ninjas. It doesn't really matter what someones rank is. The true test is, whether or not they can hold their own. Kabuto was able to infiltrate the Leafs, by pretending to be a gennin. He surely isn't a gennin. He held his own against leaf anbu and jounins. He's surely a jounin; he only infiltrated the leafs as a gennin.

Koyuki
Tue, 02-15-2005, 05:53 PM
Ranks arn't that importent, it' just show how high your ranked. Not your skills. Even in chuunin there are people better then jounin. There are skilled jounins and l33t jounins.
Heck, I bet that Naruto got more skills then 80% of the jounins in Konoha.

Phoenix23
Tue, 02-15-2005, 06:03 PM
Ranks matter for mission assignments, though, as detailed earlier in the series.
Naruto has to become a chuunin if he's going to participate in more interesting missions, OR there has to be a change or violation of rules... (of course, he COULD be stuck cleaning out weeds and garbage for the rest of his life)

PSJ
Tue, 02-15-2005, 06:35 PM
haha wouldnt that be fun naruto using kyuubis chakra to clean out weed or walk a dog.

Koyuki
Tue, 02-15-2005, 06:35 PM
Well it matters in missions. But in real life it doesn't matter. But ranks is also used to rate your skills. But there are some lonewolves. L33t unknowns ^_^

Hakeem_21
Tue, 02-15-2005, 08:04 PM
How can there be a chunnin better than a jounin, doesnt that chunnin become promoted if he is that good....

Stoopider
Tue, 02-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Ranking is just a system of rank.

IMO for leadership purposes not necessarily strength or skill. Like once your a Jounnin, you should have the know how to bring up Gennins as well. Don't think Naruto's smart enough to tutor gennin's. Probably he might be in the near future with Konohamaru and Udon and the girl under his wing. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Jman
Tue, 02-15-2005, 08:36 PM
well the anime got licensed but at least we still have the manga.

and um 247 was great!

Hakeem_21
Tue, 02-15-2005, 08:53 PM
who cares about it getting licensed we will still get subs and also the anime has sucked lately so its not like i would miss it.

gaidensensei
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:27 AM
the anime lately seems to have been going through the 5 of the sound's fight pretty quick. A few episodes covered nearly a volume in the manga I think.

kAi
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:54 AM
gaidensensei: no animated sigs and the size is 400*80.

gaidensensei
Wed, 02-16-2005, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by: kAi
gaidensensei: no animated sigs and the size is 400*80.

oh. i guess policy changed over time.

Psyke
Wed, 02-16-2005, 07:00 AM

so what are you saying? that kabuto is a genin in sound too?

Nope. I was agreeing that Kabuto is not a genin in the village of sound. And I was asking a general question by stating that I thought not all the villages have the same rules for promotion. For eg, Maybe Kabuto is already a Jounin in the village of sound, without having to take part in any exams, etc.