PDA

View Full Version : Naruto apparel and merchandise

Psyke
Mon, 02-07-2005, 05:54 AM
From where I live, many stores are suddenly blooming with Naruto apparel and merchandise. Apart from the usual keychains, toys, many other interesting stuff are showing up. I was shopping around yesterday and this are the stuff I saw:

- Headbands for all the different ninja villages, even the one Itachi was wearing
- Pakun soft toy
- Small plastic kunais and shurikens
- Chunin/Jounin vests (!)
- Naruto cosplay costume (!!)

And I bought the Pakun softtoy which u can put your hand into and control his paws i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I even read on the net that they are selling Sharingan contacts, ninja pouches, sandals, cosplay costumes, etc etc. Seems people can't get enough of Naruto!

?igma
Mon, 02-07-2005, 06:14 AM
And where is this new ?oO

Psyke
Mon, 02-07-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by: ?igma
And where is this new ?oO

I didn't see any Gokou or Vegeta suits selling in departmental stores and shopping centres.....

Guess I was (still am) shocked by that Naruto costume on sale.

Assertn
Mon, 02-07-2005, 11:28 AM
i got a gaara shuriken keychain.....but the image of gaara is rubbing off and now you can see some gross metal plate thing

i gotta say, the coolest naruto figurines are the ones that come in those bubble things that you assemble, and all of them have some translucent pieces for stuff like chakra, water, fire, etc. surrounding the figurine

animefreak
Mon, 02-07-2005, 04:33 PM
They don't sell any Naruto stuff from where i lived.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 02-07-2005, 05:11 PM
The only place I've ever seen Naruto stuff is at cons.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 02-07-2005, 05:15 PM
I sold some bitch a few naruto merchendice two weeks ago...
metal shurikan + Kunai
metal Kunai (bigger)
two posters

the bitch argued with the boss guy and got it all for 210 NIS instead of 240 NIS...

I really hate people like that, she just kept complainnig about the price, and when he suggested that he'll sell her only the kunais and let her have only one poster she got mad (the deal is usually one poster for each 100 NIS buy) cuz she said she has two kids and she can't have them fighting over the shitty poster...

well, she's stuck with two narutards in her home, serves her right!

Edit: plastic to metal, sorry for the confusion

Assassin
Mon, 02-07-2005, 09:27 PM
wtf is NIS?

Death BOO Z
Tue, 02-08-2005, 03:41 AM
NIS is New Israel Shekel - the currency used in Israel (where i live)
about it's worth... it's usually around the point of 4.5 NIS = 1 USD (us dollar)

Psyke
Tue, 02-08-2005, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by: animefreak
They don't sell any Naruto stuff from where i lived.

In parts of Asia such as Taiwan, Hong kong, Singapore, Naruto are absolutely bloomin'. I even got a Konoha headband, but of course I don't wear it when I go out, but just when I'm in the mood I'll tie it around my left arm lke how Shikamaru does (at home of course). Quite silly but well it's fun.

Yah forgot to mention I also got a pencil case shaped like a scroll with the konoha symbol on it. Can even be untied and extended like a real scroll.....

ZakuHan
Tue, 02-08-2005, 02:27 PM
You can find a lot of Naruto stuff on eBay too. A good 75% of it is small stuff like keychains, figurines, pencil cases, etc.. Though there are some neat posters and of course a few Cosplay costumes.

kooshi
Tue, 02-08-2005, 03:12 PM
Hmm, the only merchandise I've seen is posters. I even got a couple of free ones for myself, haha. Well, there still might be places that sell other stuff in Vancouver, considering how diverse it is.

z0diac
Thu, 02-10-2005, 10:37 AM
Wow sharingan contacts sound cool, where is it you said you live? where did find all these things? do they send them world wide cuz i dont think Naruto is known throughout the entire world...

Cal_kashi
Thu, 02-10-2005, 11:07 AM
i found a store near where my parents live that sells a buncha stuff from Bleach and Naruto that you would normally have to buy and have imported, the place rules, for x-mas I got a friend the frog change purse that Naruto has. Its exactly the same as Naruto's.

frexeze
Sun, 02-13-2005, 05:51 PM
what company makes all this stuff

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 02-13-2005, 11:48 PM
I usually find Naruto merchandise at anime conventions.. few items here and there at the local Japanese bookstore (but can be kinda expensive >_< Wish there were more places where I live that sold anime merchandise.

Shinigami
Mon, 02-14-2005, 05:46 PM
Yea, so does anyone konw where in California, USA do they sell naruto or anime merchandise and apparel? if any?

Thx

Psyke
Tue, 02-15-2005, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by: Shinigami
Yea, so does anyone konw where in California, USA do they sell naruto or anime merchandise and apparel? if any?

Thx

Seems u guys living in the states are having a hard time trying to find anime merchandise. Well, you can always search around on the internet and order them overseas....

Cal_kashi
Tue, 02-15-2005, 05:15 AM
check out japanrecords.com its in fountain valley

Dezalanel
Tue, 02-15-2005, 08:53 AM
phhhh there is little to none anime merchandise around me....if I want anything I have to go internet. But I guess thats what I should expect living in Ohio and all lol.

Kagari
Tue, 02-15-2005, 12:44 PM
I live in Toronto, and we have a few all japanese/chinese malls and markets...alot of imported merch. can be found there. Usually, I get my books from anime dealers

Assertn
Tue, 02-15-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by: Psyke

Originally posted by: Shinigami

Thx

Seems u guys living in the states are having a hard time trying to find anime merchandise. Well, you can always search around on the internet and order them overseas....

not me.....i know of at least 2 places within driving distance here

Arell
Wed, 02-16-2005, 09:43 AM
Mmm I'm from Singapore. There are quite a few comic shops here selling Naruto figurines and stuff, but I don't really like them coz the quality isn't that great. There's one shop that sells anime merchandise imported straight from Japan though. The prices are a little steep, but I thought the stuff are really great, since it'll take me a few more years before I could go Japan for a crazy shopping trip xD

By the way, here's some of the Naruto stuff that I've bought from that anime shop. I'm thinking of visiting the shop again for more once they have new arrivals ^^

http://arell.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=NarutoStuff

Psyke
Wed, 02-16-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by: Arell
Mmm I'm from Singapore. There are quite a few comic shops here selling Naruto figurines and stuff, but I don't really like them coz the quality isn't that great. There's one shop that sells anime merchandise imported straight from Japan though. The prices are a little steep, but I thought the stuff are really great, since it'll take me a few more years before I could go Japan for a crazy shopping trip xD

By the way, here's some of the Naruto stuff that I've bought from that anime shop. I'm thinking of visiting the shop again for more once they have new arrivals ^^

http://arell.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=NarutoStuff

I'm from Singapore as well, and Naruto stuff are all over the place, not only in comic shops. And I'm going to Japan in 2 months time with my wife for our honeymoon! Woohoo~ Hope I can get some interesting Naruto stuff over there : )

Arell
Wed, 02-16-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by: Psyke

I'm from Singapore as well, and Naruto stuff are all over the place, not only in comic shops. And I'm going to Japan in 2 months time with my wife for our honeymoon! Woohoo~ Hope I can get some interesting Naruto stuff over there : )

Naruto stuff ain't exactly "all over the place". So far I've only seen them in CCs (Comic Connection) and some video game shops (which literally only sells low quality figurines). You can't find good quality ones anywhere except in KKnM.

Aw man, you are one lucky guy. I've got to wait for 2 more years before my mom sees me as old enough to travel alone. #%@$^#^%$^& =_=;;