PDA

View Full Version : Do you buy Gundam Seed Models?

Psyke
Sun, 02-06-2005, 10:41 AM
I am an avid Gundam model collector and usually paint them with air brush.

These are the Seed models I have:

HG 1/100:
Aile Strike
Buster
Duel
Freedom

I got Strike and Freedom before the Master Grade ones came out if not I would have bought the MG ones. Going to collect all the Seed 1/100 series, so I need Aegis, Blitz and Justice, and Providence. Too bad the 3 Earth Gundams were not made into 1/100 kits, but they don't look that great anyway.

Souryusen
Sun, 02-06-2005, 01:11 PM
I built the master grade Aile Strike.. it's probably my favorite model. Love that MS.

Guardian_2000
Sun, 02-06-2005, 10:10 PM
I've kept up for the most part so name it and I've got it. I've been thinking about getting a display case for them. I'm just now getting into serious painting, paneling, and what not.

PSJ
Mon, 02-07-2005, 01:39 PM
dont have the money to spend on things like this. if i had spare change every now and then i might have botugh some models.

Eurasian
Mon, 02-07-2005, 04:50 PM
over the weekend, i went to a store that sold gundam models. the price varied but it was between $32-$50. yeah like psj, i don't have the money. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Guardian_2000
Mon, 02-07-2005, 10:22 PM
It is a very expensive hobby just putting them together. The Sentinel models are some of my favorites thou. And I haven't touched my PG Strike yet. Thats whats spurred me to get better at painting and paneling.

Deblas
Mon, 02-07-2005, 11:01 PM
I havent bought any GS models yet but i do have old gundam wing models from the endless waltz movie. I have wing zero,sanrock and heavy arms. man heavy arms took hours to built

Psyke
Tue, 02-08-2005, 04:03 AM
Currently I've got 10 Mastergrades andaround 15 HGs, all 1/100. Gotta get myself a perfect grade soon....

PSJ
Tue, 02-08-2005, 02:54 PM
cool take some pics of them and post in here.

Wren
Wed, 02-09-2005, 10:42 AM
1/100 Freedom Gundam, 1/100 Force Impulse Gundam, and a buncha other ones, but not SEED or SEED Destiny hehe.

Curium
Wed, 02-09-2005, 09:44 PM
I really enjoy putting the models together. For people trying to save money, if you are careful you can get some good deals on ebay. I will get more, and even try and get some older ones, once I get a job again.

Right now for Seed I have:

1/144
HG Duel Gundam Assault Shroud
HG Freedom Gundam

1/100
Aile Strike Gundam
Sword Strike Gundam
Launcher Strike Gundam
Aegis Gundam
Buster Gundam
Dual Gundam Assault Shroud
Blitz Gundam
Freedom Gundam
Justice Gundam
Astray Blue Frame 2ndL

1/60
Striker Weapon Systems (1/60 scale Strike with all 3 equipment sets)

Psyke
Thu, 02-10-2005, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by: Curium
I really enjoy putting the models together. For people trying to save money, if you are careful you can get some good deals on ebay. I will get more, and even try and get some older ones, once I get a job again.

Right now for Seed I have:

1/144
HG Duel Gundam Assault Shroud
HG Freedom Gundam

1/100
Aile Strike Gundam
Sword Strike Gundam
Launcher Strike Gundam
Aegis Gundam
Buster Gundam
Dual Gundam Assault Shroud
Blitz Gundam
Freedom Gundam
Justice Gundam
Astray Blue Frame 2ndL

1/60
Striker Weapon Systems (1/60 scale Strike with all 3 equipment sets)

Woah u must really love Strike to buy all 3 sets of different equipment. I only bought the Aile Strike because I thought it looked cooler. Seems u have all the HG 1/100 sets, maybe except for Red Frame and Providence. I just got Blitz Gundam yesterday, so need Justice, Aegis and Providence to complete my collection. (Astrays don't count)

Curium
Thu, 02-10-2005, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke
Woah u must really love Strike to buy all 3 sets of different equipment. I only bought the Aile Strike because I thought it looked cooler. Seems u have all the HG 1/100 sets, maybe except for Red Frame and Providence. I just got Blitz Gundam yesterday, so need Justice, Aegis and Providence to complete my collection. (Astrays don't count)

You are right about the Red Frame and Providance, I'm just waiting to get the money (though I'm thinking about saving up and getting Battle Assault 3: Featuring Gundam Seed first).

I got all 3 Strikes because I have an insane need for completion when I collect, (getting everything in a series) so I want every one of the 1/100 and larger models. I decided I don't like the 1/144 models.

Also, WHAT DO YOU MEAN ASTRAYS DON'T COUNT!!!! The Astrays are cool! I would definatly suggest picking up the manga if you haven't already. Also, have you seen the picture for the Blue Frame 2ndL model? That huge Sword alone makes the model worth getting!

NomoZ
Thu, 02-10-2005, 04:14 AM
SEED: MG Aile Strike, 1/100 Red Frame Astray, all of the SEED SD's, plus I plan to get MG Freedom soon

Universal Century: MG Nu Gundam, MG Sazabi(so f-ing big), MG Hi-zack, MG Rick Dias, MG Char's RX78, MG RX78-4 and the red and green SD Zakus

Wing: 1/100 of Deathscythe, Tallgeese III, Sandrock Custom, and Serpant Custom

G Fighter: SD God Gundam

rdperalta
Thu, 02-10-2005, 12:21 PM
I have the 1/144 HG Freedom, 1/144 Tallgeese and 1/144 HG Wing Zero Custom. Im still waiting for the 1/144 HG Gunner Zaku Warrior (Lunamaria Hawke's MS) which will be released in Japan next week (Feb 15)

Psyke
Thu, 02-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by: Curium
[quote]
Also, WHAT DO YOU MEAN ASTRAYS DON'T COUNT!!!! The Astrays are cool! I would definatly suggest picking up the manga if you haven't already. Also, have you seen the picture for the Blue Frame 2ndL model? That huge Sword alone makes the model worth getting!

I mean Astrays dun't count because I'm not collecting the various astrays.... : )
I like the red frame and the original blue frame but I dun like the blue frame 2L, as I thought it looks nothing like a conventional Gundam. It looked like something from,say Godannar.....

As for the manga I've not seen it yet, but I've seen the red frame OVA which was quite short.

Curium
Thu, 02-10-2005, 03:42 PM
http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?propertycode=GDM&categorycode=BMG

Scroll down on the left. The Astray volumes are the last ones listed.

PSJ
Sat, 02-12-2005, 10:50 AM
so still not any pics of your models? come on guys post osme pics i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Psyke
Sat, 02-12-2005, 01:31 PM
Ok! These few pictures were taken from my office table not too long ago. Quality's not too good but I'm proud to have them on my work desk. : )

http://free.hostdepartment.com/P/Psyke/gundams.jpg

http://free.hostdepartment.com/P/Psyke/gundams1.jpg

PSJ
Sat, 02-12-2005, 02:05 PM
nice finally some pics, now the rest of you post pics to i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Psyke
Sat, 02-12-2005, 02:31 PM
My Buster Gundam. My Blitz and Duel are not completed yet, but will post pics up when I am done.

http://free.hostdepartment.com/P/Psyke/buster.jpg

Deblas
Sun, 02-13-2005, 05:30 PM
nice gundam pose. I would like to buy some GS models but im spending my money on bying the dvds( I dont want the dvd rips)

hitokiriender
Sun, 02-13-2005, 08:57 PM
I recently lost the will the make models because I have literally run out of places to put them which isn't exposed to light. But a nice list of models I have are as follows:

Gundam Wing Series:
Wing Zero Custom, Heavy Arms Custom, Nataku, Tallgeese III, Sandrock Custom, DeathScythe Hell. All 1/144 SG

Gundam Seed:
Freedom, Justice, Meteor Freedom. 1/100 SG
Freedom, Justice Perfect Grade

Psyke
Tue, 02-15-2005, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by: hitokiriender
I recently lost the will the make models because I have literally run out of places to put them which isn't exposed to light. But a nice list of models I have are as follows:

Gundam Wing Series:
Wing Zero Custom, Heavy Arms Custom, Nataku, Tallgeese III, Sandrock Custom, DeathScythe Hell. All 1/144 SG

Gundam Seed:
Freedom, Justice, Meteor Freedom. 1/100 SG
Freedom, Justice Perfect Grade

There is only the recently released Strike Gundam Perfect Grade...... there is no Freedom or Justice Prefect Grade. Are you referring to the High Grade?

rdperalta
Tue, 03-01-2005, 11:52 AM
My 1/144 HG Strike Rouge, Freedom, Justice and Gunner Zaku Warrior

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/BanSama/Kits/StrikeRogue2_edited.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/BanSama/Kits/Lunaszaku_edited.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/BanSama/Kits/FreedomJustice.jpg

Wren
Tue, 03-01-2005, 03:59 PM
hm.. gundam seed toys.... but i prefer not to get them cuz they usually butcher how the model is supposed to look so stick wtih model kits i will i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Wamp
Thu, 03-10-2005, 07:19 PM
Oh yea, I'm a total Gundam SEED nut, LoL, though I haven't picked up the MG Aile Strike yet, heh
Here's what I have grabbed so far, though:

<u>1/60th Scale</u>
1/60 Strike Gundam Striker Weapon System
1/60 Freedom Gundam

<u>1/100th Scale Master Grade</u>
1/100 MG Freedom Gundam

<u>1/100th Scale</u>
1/100 Aile Strike Gundam
1/100 Sword Strike Gundam
1/100 Launcher Strike Gundam
1/100 Aegis Gundam
1/100 Buster Gundam
1/100 Duel Gundam Assault Shroud
1/100 Blitz Gundam
1/100 Freedom Gundam
1/100 Justice Gundam
1/100 Gundam Astray Red Frame
1/100 Gundam Astray Blue Frame 2nd L

<u>1/144th High Grade</u>
1/144 HG Aile Strike Gundam
1/144 HG Justice Gundam
1/144 HG Strike Rouge + IWSP
1/144 HG 105 Dagger + Gun Barrel
And the one I was totally thrilled to get (formyself, heh) on B-Day this year (Happy B-Day to me, LoL)
1/144 HG Meteor Unit + Freedom Gundam

<u>Super Deformed !!!</u>
SD Strike
I'm still looking for the weapons pack version of this little bugger i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
SD Freedom

The killer is that I just moved recently, so I don't have a place set up to actually paint and glue the kits together yet &gt;.&lt;
Maybe by the summer I will though i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif And, on the bright side, because they are GunPla kits, I can still dry-fit them together when I get them ^_^
Oh, and by the way, if you think thats a lot of models, well... check out this page on my web site
http://homepage.mac.com/wampafodder/PhotoAlbum11.html
and those pics are about a year or two old. I have a lot more kits then are shown there now. So many kits, so little time, heh...

Wamp
Thu, 03-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Oh yea, I also totally forgot about the 1/144th HG Calamity Gundam that I picked up recently locally (omg, buying in the US is SUCH a rip-off ! $30 for a 1200 yen Kit ?!?!?), to go along with the Sword Calamity Custom Kit that came with the October (I think) issue of Hobby Japan Magazine i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

You also totally forgot about the edit button. Don't double post. Thanks

GotWoot Moderator

Oops ! Sorry about that. I'm used to boards that don't let you edit -_-;

Psyke
Fri, 03-11-2005, 07:53 AM
Cool...

I just ordered my Meteor Unit and MG Wing Custom, can't wait for it to arrive!

Jurojin
Fri, 03-11-2005, 09:16 AM
Ummm........ Too many to just plain list here &gt;&lt; I'm like sitting on like...... 50+? I'll have to check when I get home (at work) Ranges from orginal Gundam, to Wing, to Seed-

I'm not touchign the G-gundam stuff right now.....

But, my pride and joy is my Perfect Grade Wing Gundam Zero Custom. I really enjoyed putting that one together ^^. Even the wiring to get the head and chest to light up, however much of a pain that was though ~_~

Oh yeah, the SD Strike Striker pack Gundam too- that one is kinda cute ^^

Psyke
Fri, 03-11-2005, 11:58 PM
G gundam is one of my fave series, and my fave gundam is the God Gundam. I also recently took out my 1/60 Shining and God gundams and gave them a complete makeover using air brush.

I've yet to get a perfect grade model, but the one I'm looking at is GP01.

Wren
Sat, 03-12-2005, 03:51 AM
just ordered RX-78GP03S Dendrobium Stamen; i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif ill be building it over break and when i get my damn webcam workin again ill have a pic or two i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif; but has anyone else seen teh 1/144 Dendrobium kit? that damn thing is frickin 3 feet long from the tip of the Beam cannon to the end of the engines lol. its just a HUGE ass model kit; largest ive seen to date.

Psyke
Sat, 03-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Yeah it comes in the biggest box ever. My friend has it, but hasn't come around to even unpacking it. Guess it takes some commitment to complete it as it's so huge.

Gundam_Crazy
Sun, 03-13-2005, 03:04 PM
rdperalta your gundam kits look awesome! anyone know if the Destiny kits are avalible in europe yet?? i'm hoping i dont have to import them in as they'd cost me a forturn lol but i cant wait either ^^ i have 68 diffrent gundam model kits. all of the GW ones (missing 4 of the 1/100 endless waltz kits tho &gt;&lti/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif i've also got 9 of the gundam seed kits! i'll have to dig out some pictures!!

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/285/1458/1024/2003_0706Image0001.jpg
my current Gundam Seed kits

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/285/1458/1024/my%20gundam%20shelf!!!.jpg

very blury &gt;&lt; gomen, Gundam shelf! yes i'm kinda gundam nuts ^^; i need more!!

rdperalta
Sun, 03-13-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by: Gundam_Crazy
rdperalta your gundam kits look awesome! anyone know if the Destiny kits are avalible in europe yet?? i'm hoping i dont have to import them in as they'd cost me a forturn lol but i cant wait either ^^ i have 68 diffrent gundam model kits. all of the GW ones (missing 4 of the 1/100 endless waltz kits tho &gt;&lt; i've also got 9 of the gundam seed kits! i'll have to dig out some pictures!!

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/285/1458/1024/2003_0706Image0001.jpg
my current Gundam Seed kits

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/285/1458/1024/my%20gundam%20shelf!!!.jpg

very blury &gt;&lt; gomen, Gundam shelf! yes i'm kinda gundam nuts ^^; i need more!!

Thanks i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i just finished building my 1/144 HG Gaia kit. I'm waiting for my local hobby store to contact me when my Saviour and Gunner Zaku Warrior Deakka Custom arrives hehehe..

AntiSoul
Sat, 03-19-2005, 01:51 AM
1/100 MG Freedom is awesome...it's got so many other corrected features (compared to HG) like the Wingspan, which is soooo important....and the foldout cannons also important for all-out-Hi-MAT-Cannons mode...haah...and the simplest but very crucial thing, a frikin stand...the stand gets rid of the need to balance it on its feet and is good for aerial poses. There's someone who made a custom freedom that looks frikin awesome. It's black, white, red, and some goldish and silvery parts, with some other mods...dammit I don't have the link for it tho....o.O...

danholo
Sat, 03-19-2005, 10:47 AM
I've grown out of toys but I wouldn't mind having something like this (http://url=http://homepage3.nifty.com/G-CUSTOM/freedom-k2.html) collecting dust in my room. A really cool, if simple, custom made model of the Freedom.

Psyke
Sat, 03-19-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by: danholo
I've grown out of toys but I wouldn't mind having something like this (http://url=http://homepage3.nifty.com/G-CUSTOM/freedom-k2.html) collecting dust in my room. A really cool, if simple, custom made model of the Freedom.

Model kits are not toys! You don't play with them. You display them.

danholo
Sat, 03-19-2005, 12:47 PM
OK. I'll call them dust collectors then. I find putting stuff on display totally useless. I mean, after all, you really can't do anything with it unless you take it apart and put it back together again?

I'm a minimalist at heart but my room is full of junk but they're either books, music, movies or games. I'll let somebody else waste their money on a piece of plastic - as long as it looks nice like the stuff on this thread.

Psyke
Sat, 03-19-2005, 10:46 PM
I've been wondering that to myself sometimes..... why do I buy pieces of plastic only to fix them up and paint them to display in my house? I can't really answer that but I really enjoy the painting and model making process. And when I am done I get a sense of satisfaction. Most people won't understand what I'm talking about, but it's the same as any other hobby.

danholo
Sun, 03-20-2005, 06:38 AM
Of course. You give into your animal self to quench your desires! It's only human.

PTX-003C
Sun, 03-20-2005, 07:39 PM
i only get MGs....the HGs are just for fun building....only when you get bored with just build...you use those to make custom lookings...especially i am totally bored with the HGs....been playing them since grade 1.......no challenge anymore...

PTX-003C
Sun, 03-20-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by: AntiSoul
1/100 MG Freedom is awesome...it's got so many other corrected features (compared to HG) like the Wingspan, which is soooo important....and the foldout cannons also important for all-out-Hi-MAT-Cannons mode...haah...and the simplest but very crucial thing, a frikin stand...the stand gets rid of the need to balance it on its feet and is good for aerial poses. There's someone who made a custom freedom that looks frikin awesome. It's black, white, red, and some goldish and silvery parts, with some other mods...dammit I don't have the link for it tho....o.O...

but there is still a main problem they didn't fix....
the upper body is too heavy...it can't support the body weight....stupid wings...\-/

Wren
Mon, 03-21-2005, 02:30 AM
anyone have Master Grade Nu Gundam? and know where i can get a good price for it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Psyke
Mon, 03-21-2005, 06:43 AM
I have the high grade 1/100 one, which isn't too bad itself. Got it at an unbelievable price of $15 Singapore dollars. That's around 8 US dollars! The MG one is much more expensive, around 45 to 50 US dollars. Totally worth it though, as it's one of the more definitive Gundams out there along with the RX 78-2.

http://img226.exs.cx/img226/348/nugundam7ks.jpg

Deblas
Tue, 03-22-2005, 05:56 PM
So...Whats the difference from these Master grade kits and normal kits and so on. And it looks like MG is the best so somebody knows where I can get a 1/100 MG Freedom gundam apart from stores.

Syruel
Tue, 03-22-2005, 07:26 PM
Who has the best prices for Gundam models?

What your opinions on gundam markers; and where's a good place to get them? Or, should I stick to airbrushing?

ChaosK
Tue, 03-22-2005, 07:33 PM
i have this 1/64 MG freedom from seed 1 but i didnt complete it yet because it is soo big.

in reply to syruel, air-brushing does allow you to put in the details to a lower grade gundam that you wish but, i'll just say that MG and PG already have the colors and such included in with the pieces they provide you to make the model. and example: if you have a HG or normal model you probably have stickers to add the details but with a MG and PG there are only 2 stickers or even less for a gundam because all the pieces are already colored in.

Deblas
Tue, 03-22-2005, 07:36 PM
I want an MG 1/100 freedom model i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. Isn't there someplace where I can get it like 20 or 30 bucks?

PTX-003C
Tue, 03-22-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas
So...Whats the difference from these Master grade kits and normal kits and so on. And it looks like MG is the best so somebody knows where I can get a 1/100 MG Freedom gundam apart from stores.

PG(Perfect Grade] is the best....
go get a PG strike...it's awesome...apart from you have to buy the SGs later

PTX-003C
Tue, 03-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by: Wren
anyone have Master Grade Nu Gundam? and know where i can get a good price for it

MG Nu is pretty good...i built one for one of my customers before...only problem with it is the face is a little too round...just have to do a little sanding and it will be pretty much perfect...of course...never forget to extend the legs and arms for a bit

best place to get it? depents which country are you talking about...if you are talking about all around the world...
i suggess you to try HK

Deblas
Tue, 03-22-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by: PTX-003C

Originally posted by: Deblas

PG(Perfect Grade] is the best....
go get a PG strike...it's awesome...apart from you have to buy the SGs later

Not when it cost more than a hundred bucks. And besides I want a MG freedom. So tell me where to get it at a good price( when i mean good price im mean in the 20's or 30's).

Wren
Tue, 03-22-2005, 08:29 PM
I have the high grade 1/100 one, which isn't too bad itself. Got it at an unbelievable price of $15 Singapore dollars. That's around 8 US dollars! The MG one is much more expensive, around 45 to 50 US dollars. Totally worth it though, as it's one of the more definitive Gundams out there along with the RX 78-2.

http://img226.exs.cx/img226/348/nugundam7ks.jpg

:: Drools at gundam:: thanks for the pic psyche!!

PTX-003C
Tue, 03-22-2005, 09:22 PM
http://www.dejp.com/discuz/attachments/forumid_1/PICT0001_1Sne.jpg
this is my HG 1/144 Freedom...
i only used 2~3 hours on it...so is VERY ugly....plz don't mind...

http://www.dejp.com/discuz/attachments/forumid_1/DSC02856_lzYX.jpg
my MG Freedom
slightly better...only spent me 2 months on the details...
pretty easy

Deblas
Tue, 03-22-2005, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by: PTX-003C
http://www.dejp.com/discuz/attachments/forumid_1/DSC02856_lzYX.jpg
my MG Freedom
slightly better...only spent me 2 months on the details...
pretty easy

Ohh, Why must you torment me!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Board of Command
Tue, 03-22-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm not a model guy. My dad got me a couple car kits when I was about 8 and they didn't go too well.

PTX-003C
Wed, 03-23-2005, 11:31 PM
it's very simple....it's just cutting&gt;filing&gt;knife work&gt;sanding&gt;cutting away all the joints&gt;glue them tight&gt;sanding away the extra glue&gt;spray undercoat&gt;spray paint&gt;spray overcoat&gt;special effect

a normal MG model like FREEDOM should only take around 1~1.5 month max...(counted the time you need to work/go to school)