PDA

View Full Version : Sig Competition

littlecooldude
Sun, 02-06-2005, 01:21 AM
Well here's the competition as it stands. Any and all entries will be accepted for the first round. You must use at least one of the pictures below.
Round 1: Set Stock, I will post these images and you lot will create some magic from em. (Gaara)
Round 2: Free-for-all, those left at this point better be good, so lets some creative thinking.
Round 3: To be decided (depends on how many people we advance)
Max Image Size: 500x150px.
You will have 1 week to do each round. That means round 1 is due by midnight on Saturday 19th. Voting will be that Sunday.

Stock images found here: http://www.sunsean.com/sigX/Gaara/
Voting here: http://www.littlecooldude.com/sigX/

Winners to advance to Round 2
- anime050
- r3n
- Kagemane_no_Jutsu
- gaaralovessand
- NarutoMaster

Mut
Sun, 02-06-2005, 01:28 AM
wtf, since when were you the decision maker...

you can't just take over and decide everything for everyone just because you've been in sig contests before.

PSJ
Sun, 02-06-2005, 07:51 AM
since yesterday, i made him the decision maker. no one else started to pull the string and get this thing on the move so i thought it would be good to have an experienced guy doing the decisions.

r3n
Sun, 02-06-2005, 08:02 AM
i would have made it 2 weeks for making the sigs, but w/e. i suppose its better that the competition is actually run by someone, making the decisions etc. saves arguement and less hassle.

GL to all, look forward to seeing everyone elses results

PSJ
Sun, 02-06-2005, 08:07 AM
good luck guys, so this should be finished next saturday, so LCd where do we send out pics?

r3n
Sun, 02-06-2005, 09:31 AM
finished mine already i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif blitzed it in a couple of hours cos im busy with uni stuff the rest of the week. even tho it was done superquick i like what ive come out with, hope every1 else does too.

do we PM LCD links to the finished sigs?

Fox Fire
Sun, 02-06-2005, 09:45 AM
Finished mine too, I guess so, i'm gonna Pm mine to him.

PSJ
Sun, 02-06-2005, 09:48 AM
i guess so, it would be the easiest anyway.

r3n
Sun, 02-06-2005, 09:57 AM
http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=12&threadid=13831&enterthrea d=y

voice your opinion ppl, let us use the fruits of this competition on the forums!

jing
Sun, 02-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
since yesterday, i made him the decision maker. no one else started to pull the string and get this thing on the move so i thought it would be good to have an experienced guy doing the decisions.

... you were the decision maker before?

and dude what happens to Thi3f now. Seriously, first we ask for his help and now just because YOU find a new guy to help us we gotta tell Thi3f off now? He's not an object hes got feelings too.

Fox Fire
Sun, 02-06-2005, 12:46 PM
I'm confused...Btw is their a prize for this contest?

PSJ
Sun, 02-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by: jing

... you were the decision maker before?

and dude what happens to Thi3f now. Seriously, first we ask for his help and now just because YOU find a new guy to help us we gotta tell Thi3f off now? He's not an object hes got feelings too.

yea i have some say in stuff since i brought up the contest from the begining and i gave it to LCD becuase we could never agree on anyhting it took over 2 weeks just to get a size for it, we was about to get a topc, and we didnt have rounds or anything finished yet.

jing
Sun, 02-06-2005, 01:03 PM
That's because of down time. and what about Thi3f , you didn't asnwer the question............

Mut
Sun, 02-06-2005, 02:06 PM
i hope the only entries are psj, r3n and lcd.

Fox Fire
Sun, 02-06-2005, 02:56 PM
and me, I already turned mine in.

littlecooldude
Sun, 02-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Dude, relax guys. All I saw was, "OMG when are we going to start this competition", then PSJ say take over and get us started. So I got the competition started. If thi3f still wants to do the hosting, fine by me. Honestly I'm not sure how starting the competition would offend anyone, but w/e I'm sure you have your reasons. If anyone wants to take over running the competition, it's fine by me, I'm not your boss, I just wanted to get started, cause no one else was doing anything. And besides, it's not like I just picked this shit out of random, I based the rounds off of the polls/suggestions raised. Well, gl all, PM me with finished sigs.

Thi3f
Sun, 02-06-2005, 04:11 PM

r3n
Sun, 02-06-2005, 04:25 PM
im not really 100% whats going on who's to blame but if you guys could take it to PM instead of bitching in post form, would be nice!

neways, back to topic, is some1 going to post an advertisement thread in the naruto part of the forum, as its the busiest part.

jing
Sun, 02-06-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by: r3n
im not really 100% whats going on who's to blame but if you guys could take it to PM instead of bitching in post form, would be nice!

neways, back to topic, is some1 going to post an advertisement thread in the naruto part of the forum, as its the busiest part.

i thought you were banned.

PSJ
Sun, 02-06-2005, 05:11 PM
okay so appearently ill take the blame since everyone is blaming me. oh well if you're seriously angry over something like this thats your problem since you said that you had your voting stuff intact still and as far as i know didnt do any work at all. and jing if you're so fucking angry then why dont you run the shit. so deal with or keep crying bithces.

jing
Sun, 02-06-2005, 05:15 PM
okay so appearently ill take the blame since everyone is blaming me. oh well if you're seriously angry over something like this thats your problem since you said that you had your voting stuff intact still and as far as i know didnt do any work at all. and jing if you're so fucking angry then why dont you run the shit. so deal with or keep crying bithces.

dude man, im not angry, but i know thi3f is. you didn't ask him if you could switch it to LCD. you think just because this is on the internet you can do whatever you want? you think that thi3f is some sort of program were you can choose?

and why are you picking on me? there's about a handfull of people that dislike your actions more than me.

PSJ
Sun, 02-06-2005, 05:19 PM
okay, but you were the one that started the bitching. no you cant do whatever you want over the internet but seriously this shit is blown out of proportion, so i guess ill do the right thing and say im sorry for what i did ill try to be more conciderate with peoples emotions next time and ask before i act. and now dont come harrasing me for being sarcastic and shit.

EDIT: oh sorry it wasnt even you who started the bitching, it was mut....

littlecooldude
Sun, 02-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Whatever guys, lets just compete and have fun.
Currently I have 4 entries, competition is looking good.

Mut
Sun, 02-06-2005, 05:54 PM
wow, i'm boycotting this.

and as for what psj said, it's good that you took the initiative to put it in motion. but what you didn't consider was the fact that others like thi3f were waiting for others to put in the final suggestions before he can start it off. the reason why it's been delayed wasn't cuz of people were unable decide on the rules or whatnot, but it was delayed cuz off the forum down time and rollback which took away bunch of posts that were about to set it in motion. from what i remember (before the rollback) all we had to do was decide on a theme. rounds and sig size were already made clear (multiple rounds and 500x150). sorry if waiting a few more days to try to get what everyone wanted was too long for you to wait. it just feels like you stepping up wasn't cuz you wanted it the contest to begin, but cuz you think you're the boss or something. also, making the decision to apoint a 'leader' for this just made it look like no one had a say in it. it just makes some of us go 'wtf?" when someone who hasn't been around for a while apears out of the blue and is now the chief.

and yeah, point your fingers at me. i always end up being the guy to blame in the end, right?

EDIT:

i'm not trying to stop the competition or anything, have fun with it. i'm just voicing my opinion and i think what i said was necessary considering that's how a bunch of us felt.

Thi3f
Sun, 02-06-2005, 05:56 PM

Mr.X
Sun, 02-06-2005, 06:03 PM
nvm, i didn't read the rules right.

PSJ
Sun, 02-06-2005, 06:15 PM
okay i understand you mut, i did it becuase i started to get impatient but the fact is it still went by slow even tho the downtime and rollback, and LCD has done it before and it was done good. as for theif yea maybe i dont know shit but why dont you explain it to me then. as for the lies i dont even know what you are referring to but the complaints of bitching... of course ill complain when ppl bitch wouldnt you? well if you dont want me to say im sorry what the hell do you want me to do? and no its not a bad thing to look forward to something. yea i know someone else would start the bitching if mut didnt do it.

Lefty
Sun, 02-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Wow. lets just get on with the friggen sig contest and see all the cool stuff that will come out of it. I already finished my entry, I know of few other that have finsihed theirs as well. I think were losing sight of the fact that this is supost to be a freindly compititon between fellow peers of this forum. Yesh

@PSJ I think what you did was the right thing to do to get this thing rolling after all the f'd up delays and down time.

r3n
Mon, 02-07-2005, 02:04 PM
less whining more sig making.

jeez

also, any1 notice my sig was deleted cos i quoted what ciber said about "everyone agreeing on the sig size restriction". fucking joke really. get over yourself mate

Mut
Mon, 02-07-2005, 03:07 PM
what the hell were you expecting? it wasn't like ciber was gonna go "LOLOL!@" when he sees that.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 02-07-2005, 05:28 PM
PSJ that was shitty, you didn't even contact Thief before you made you decision (which wasnt yours to make) Anyway, I'll be entering in the sig contest, only if I can find a working version of photoshop since my trial download kinda expired.

Hellraiser
Mon, 02-07-2005, 05:30 PM
You could always reformat your computer and re-download it.

littlecooldude
Mon, 02-07-2005, 06:08 PM
Contest is looking good. 7 entires so far.

Knives122
Mon, 02-07-2005, 08:11 PM
I need to start mine, I feel like Im behind everyone else

NM
Mon, 02-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Come on Knives! More sigs = better competition! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif I just hope I have a chance with my sig.

Hikyuu
Mon, 02-07-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by: Hellraiser
You could always reformat your computer and re-download it.

Reformat your computer for a sig competition.. isnt that a bit drastic .. I hope that was sarcasm...

Assertn
Tue, 02-08-2005, 02:38 AM
r3n, sig sizes arent everything. Its obvious he isnt gonna budge, and democracy isnt gonna work in an online forum. Sigs arent even that big of a deal anyway

r3n
Tue, 02-08-2005, 10:39 AM
hes still being a dick about it imo.

Koyuki
Tue, 02-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Yea, but is it really that big a deal? And PSJ, Thi3f did a good job last time... But anyways let's get started. I want to see some sigs i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

PS: not trying to start a new discussion

jing
Tue, 02-08-2005, 04:43 PM
hes still being a dick about it imo.

it's his forum.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 02-08-2005, 07:57 PM
You guys bitch to much.

jing
Tue, 02-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
You guys bitch to much.

o well, lifes a bitch.

Knives122
Tue, 02-08-2005, 08:45 PM
and then you die apparently, but Im almost done with my sig(not really) so I should have it in before saturday

Mr.X
Tue, 02-08-2005, 08:54 PM
oh man. im gonna be making mine on like saturday night, lol. too much homework, and chinese new year.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 02-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Mine's just about done, still trying to decide on whether to blend the pic or not.

Kagari
Wed, 02-09-2005, 02:24 AM
w00t
nice to see lcd doin the contest! brings back memories....I havent used PS since last summer's contest, actually. gonna dust it off ahd see what i can come up with....r3n, gotta defend my title =P

Mut
Wed, 02-09-2005, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by: Kagari
w00t
nice to see lcd doin the contest! brings back memories....I havent used PS since last summer's contest, actually. gonna dust it off ahd see what i can come up with....r3n, gotta defend my title =P
sorry, the sig champ title has been given to me in the last sig contest.

Kagari
Wed, 02-09-2005, 03:07 AM
Yeah, but i didnt take part in it, so for myself i m defending still.....in spirit if not in body.

r3n
Wed, 02-09-2005, 07:30 AM
lol kagari mut has a point. but still, comedy sigs sux so ner

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 02-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Sounds like a challenge.

littlecooldude
Sun, 02-13-2005, 01:41 AM
All submissions in for Round 1, voting begins.
Goto http://www.littlecooldude.com/sigX/ and vote for your favorite sig.

Question, how many do you want to advance? There are 10 entries.

Foomanchew24
Sun, 02-13-2005, 02:50 AM
I just voted for Kagemane_no_Jutsu, good job! Great looking sigs everyone!

kAi
Sun, 02-13-2005, 04:43 AM
gaaralovessand's is awesome!

Koyuki
Sun, 02-13-2005, 05:46 AM
WTF?! Has it started already? I thought it was next week..

Originally posted by: littlecooldude
You will have 1 week to do each round. That means round 1 is due by midnight on Saturday 19th. Voting will be that Sunday.

So I'm not late right?

GLS
Sun, 02-13-2005, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by: kAi

w00t!
I got some tough competition. Awesome sigs everybody!

r3n
Sun, 02-13-2005, 07:54 AM
wow nice sigs every1. i like the feature where you can change the bg colour to black, makes my sig look a lot better i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

i think it should be 4 ppl that go thru so that way after next round theres only 2 ppl left for the final, what do you think?

NM
Sun, 02-13-2005, 10:00 AM
Awesome sigs everyone!!

EDIT: I was just wondering guys, shouldn't there be a topic in some of the other boards so more people will vote? I think we should have a moderator make the topic, then lock it since no posts are really necessary.

And about how many people advance, I say we have 5 people who go through for the next round, then from that round, only the best 3 advance to the final round. But I'll go with r3n's method as well.

GLS
Sun, 02-13-2005, 10:42 AM
*looks at contestants*
Knives122!! You forgot to submit your sig!?

<u>My Opinion:</u>
5 People go to next round
2 People compete in the Finals

EDIT: We should get some stickys on other forums, like NM said.

Fox Fire
Sun, 02-13-2005, 10:48 AM
No! i'm gonna lose!

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sun, 02-13-2005, 11:44 AM
Great sigs and good luck. I think it should be 5 then 3.

Edit: Yay 300 posts! (only 82974346276484638756 more to catch up to psj)

littlecooldude
Sun, 02-13-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by: Uzumaki Naruto # 1
WTF?! Has it started already? I thought it was next week..

Originally posted by: littlecooldude

So I'm not late right?

Hmm good point. It seems that I marked down the 19th when I meant the 12th, since that was one week later. Has anyone else not submitted their sig. If this is the case, I suppose I can allways start the voting over.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sun, 02-13-2005, 12:21 PM
We could always do another competition in like a month. There's no prize so what's the point in starting everything over. Plus I'm winning i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

jing
Sun, 02-13-2005, 12:28 PM
Wow good job kage, one of your best sigs that i've seen you made.

edit: and i also agree that submition upon this point is already too late since they have already seen the other people's sig, and they could use that towards their advantage and edit their sig, make it better, and submit it.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sun, 02-13-2005, 12:41 PM
Thanks jing i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif. I just feel bad for a50 cause his is so good.

littlecooldude
Sun, 02-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Ok, well sry about the mix up, there will be plenty of competitions to come, and this one is just for fun anyways.
The top 5 by midnight tonight will advance (I'll post the names)

Knives122
Sun, 02-13-2005, 01:16 PM
im practically done with mine so Ill have it in later today(b/c im lazy)

jing
Sun, 02-13-2005, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122

just incase you're too lazy.
http://www.littlecooldude.com/sigX/
the voting has begun already.

TwisT
Sun, 02-13-2005, 01:22 PM
Well i hade 3 that i thought looked nice among these..

1. Kagemane_no_Jutsu: because of the black/dark theme..

2. LCD: Because of the redish theme.. I would have voted for this if it was not for the strange eye's on the right Gaara..

3. Gaaralovessand: this was the best of the brownish/sand-colored theme..

I gave my vote to GLS.. But after i discovered the feat. to get a black background i think both KNJ's and LCD was better.. So i would have given my to KNJ because Gaara's eyes in LCD still bugs me to much..

So KNJ look better with black/dark background and GLS look better when it's a white/light background..

Knives122
Sun, 02-13-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by: jing

Originally posted by: Knives122

just incase you're too lazy.
the voting has begun already.

ouuch, oh well no big deal, I know who im voting for then

littlecooldude
Sun, 02-13-2005, 04:06 PM
Yeah, so sorry for the confusion. If a lot of people didn't get to enter, we can allways start the competition over with another character i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif (give me input on that)

Knives122
Sun, 02-13-2005, 04:11 PM
nah its ok, like Kagemane said we could always do another one in a month or so(to keep are skills sharp), plus hes winning

jing
Sun, 02-13-2005, 04:18 PM
yeah plus, we have to get the show on the road already its been too long i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif , and i don't think people who are winning wants to remake it wouldnt be fair.

NM
Sun, 02-13-2005, 04:23 PM
I think we should keep the current contest going. It wouldn't be fair because:
(1) if you start it all over with the current Gaara sigs and admit more, the people who didnt enter can touch up their sigs a bit thus giving them an advantage.
(2) wouldn't be fair to those who have votes and who are in the lead (way to go Kage and Gaaralovessand!!)

I do have an idea though. Depending on how many people who didnt enter, why not branch them off and have them with their own rounds (but following the same format)? Then advance them according to how many people enter, then we can have like one big final round. 2 from the people who submitted on time and 2 from the people who missed the deadline. That way we won't have to worry about anyone gaining advantages.

Mr.X
Sun, 02-13-2005, 04:41 PM
lol i didn't notice your typo LCD, but for some reason i still knew 12th was the due date. yet i still didn't get my sig in. oh well, hopefully theres another soon.

Elite Hentai
Sun, 02-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by: gaaralovessand

Originally posted by: kAi

w00t!
I got some tough competition. Awesome sigs everybody!

My vote went to you. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Fox Fire
Sun, 02-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Vote fox fire for the greater cause.

littlecooldude
Sun, 02-13-2005, 07:02 PM
Allright census says we end the round tonight at midnight, top 5 will advance.
I'll post the winners and the rules for the next round then.

Mut
Sun, 02-13-2005, 07:17 PM
good job.

view source owns you.

anime050
Sun, 02-13-2005, 07:22 PM
I didn't like any one of those sigs. Except for r3n's.

Souryusen
Sun, 02-13-2005, 07:50 PM
Good to see that some people have improved.

littlecooldude
Sun, 02-13-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
good job.

view source owns you.

Hehe, yeah, If I had really wanted to make it that secret I would have changed the links to use numbers instead of names, but alas, secrecy is not that important.

Hellraiser
Sun, 02-13-2005, 11:31 PM
gogogo r3n!!!

Koyuki
Mon, 02-14-2005, 08:40 AM
;_; Mine was finished saturday night/sunday morning. All this work for no reason... Hopefully I'll join next time.

Ok. I'll do it on the show your new sig thread

jing
Mon, 02-14-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by: Uzumaki Naruto # 1
;_; Mine was finished saturday night/sunday morning. All this work for no reason... Hopefully I'll join next time.

lets see the final product anyways. post it up!

littlecooldude
Mon, 02-14-2005, 09:33 AM
Sorry I didn't post the results earlier, my internet went down on me.
- anime050
- r3n
- Kagemane_no_Jutsu
- gaaralovessand
- NarutoMaster
You all advance to the next round. This round is Free-for-all. Any sig you can think of. Since I posted the results late, you will have until Monday 21st to complete your sigs. Best of luck to you all.

r3n
Mon, 02-14-2005, 02:09 PM
cool, gl to everyone who got thru to the next round, look forward to seeing your work again

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 02-14-2005, 02:32 PM
Yep, yep.

I hope I have enough time to do this though, I have a term paper due next wendsday. And I'm not going to be home from friday till tuesday night. I'll do my best to get it in though.

Foomanchew24
Mon, 02-14-2005, 06:48 PM
I know it's a bit late in the game but maybe three should advance to the final round and that should be determined by their combined score from the first and second round instead of just the second round since they are different skills ( creating sig from provided images and a free for all) and the results from the first round shouldn't be discarded in my opinion. Just a thought. There was several very good sigs, too bad we could only vote for one. Also for those who just look at the forums and didn't vote maybe you could post the sigs that qualified for the next round in this thread.

PSJ
Tue, 02-15-2005, 05:49 AM
good luck to everyone who got to the next round.

Mut
Tue, 02-15-2005, 01:00 PM
haha, you guys got beat by kagemane_no_jutsu.

aha

Lefty
Tue, 02-15-2005, 01:40 PM
I can live with that. He had a cool sig.

r3n
Tue, 02-15-2005, 04:03 PM
didnt see your entry there mut. cant take the heat?

Mut
Wed, 02-16-2005, 12:51 AM
didnt see your entry there mut. cant take the heat?
i said i was boycotting it. besides, there is no question that i would've won if i had entered.

jing
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:34 AM
Is it possible to make this competition a member vote only because anyone could send the links to their friends or whatever so they could vote for them. (not saying anyone of you would =D , but there is a possibility that outsiders riggging it up aswell.) I was also surprised at the number of voters as well......

r3n
Wed, 02-16-2005, 07:38 AM
thats part of the reason i said we should have just done it thru the forums in the first place, but no1 listened at the time.

jing
Wed, 02-16-2005, 08:50 AM
thats part of the reason i said we should have just done it thru the forums in the first place, but no1 listened at the time.

seriously lol. yeah it would make more sense though wouldnt it?

littlecooldude
Wed, 02-16-2005, 10:16 AM
I don't mind putting it through the forum this time. I was under the impression that the forum voting system only allows 10 options, maybe that's just other forums.

r3n
Wed, 02-16-2005, 10:27 AM
i dont know if you can display pictures in a poll but its better if you can see all the sigs at once rather than click links on a poll, so its probably easier having it off site. plus theres no point wasting a system that LCD has already created, and it means polling can be stopped, and other nifty tricks.

meh im not really bothered, i think every1 here is honest enough, and its not like we win anything so theres little point in rigging it, you'd have to be quite sad to

r3n
Sat, 02-19-2005, 10:14 AM
just finished my entry while hungover! joyous. gl to every1

littlecooldude
Sat, 02-19-2005, 10:34 AM
Hey all, remember the deadline is coming up here on Monday. I know it's hard to be creative when the talk of the world seems to be Naruto.

Thi3f
Sat, 02-19-2005, 12:57 PM

littlecooldude
Sat, 02-19-2005, 07:05 PM
I honestly don't think voting will be an issue. This is just for fun anyways.

r3n
Sat, 02-19-2005, 07:34 PM
yeah its not like theres a cash prize i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

littlecooldude
Mon, 02-21-2005, 04:46 PM
Ok, well since I have all the entries for this round, let the voting begin.
What do you think is best for the final round, top 3 advance, or only the best 2 advance? And while I am at, any preferences on the theme for the last round?

Foomanchew24
Mon, 02-21-2005, 05:12 PM
I say top three should advance, that way we get to see more great sigs.

Great job on the new sigs everyone!

GLS
Mon, 02-21-2005, 05:27 PM
The quailty of the sigs in the next round definetely got kicked up a notch (or 10!)

awesome sigs, every1!

NM
Mon, 02-21-2005, 06:04 PM
Good stuff everyone! They all look sweet, especially if you use the Black background.

EDIT: Forgot to mention but I think best 3 should advance.

PSJ
Mon, 02-21-2005, 06:05 PM
great looking sigs. good luck everybody, i think the best 3 should advance so we get a 3rd 2nd and 1st.

jing
Mon, 02-21-2005, 06:11 PM
kage.... what happened?

anime050
Mon, 02-21-2005, 06:29 PM
Yeah, that was surprisingly crap compared to his last one.

littlecooldude
Mon, 02-21-2005, 06:58 PM
Ok, the top 3 by sometime Tuesday evening, will advance to the final round.
What should the theme be?

NM
Mon, 02-21-2005, 07:03 PM
I was thinking we'd just use the poll that PSJ made that we were going to use for the contest. But seeing as how we did Naruto in Round 1 and Free For All in Round 2 (both of those tied), the third best picked was Mecha. So if you want to follow that poll, we could go with mecha. Or we can do FMA, whatever the majority decides on.

jing
Mon, 02-21-2005, 07:22 PM
Do a signature on REAL PPL. now that is a challenge.

Board of Command
Mon, 02-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Already got a couple from a while back
http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload5/arnold_sig.jpg
------------------
http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload0/bush_oil_sig.jpg
------------------
http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload9/paul_martin_evolution.jpg

littlecooldude
Mon, 02-21-2005, 08:08 PM
Mecha is a good idea, bu then again, so are hot babes ;D

Foomanchew24
Mon, 02-21-2005, 08:44 PM
hot babes are always nice to look at, I guess mecha would be ok too though.

jing
Mon, 02-21-2005, 09:26 PM
okay do hot babes!!

Knives122
Mon, 02-21-2005, 09:56 PM
do what ever; but how about hot babes in mechas that can always work

Terracosmo
Mon, 02-21-2005, 10:15 PM
Damn, a50. All your sigs look the same! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Souryusen
Mon, 02-21-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Damn, a50. All your sigs look the same!

So do all your pictures, Emo Joe. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Terracosmo
Mon, 02-21-2005, 11:13 PM
Who cares, I still end up with the ladies; nurse boy. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Hikyuu
Tue, 02-22-2005, 12:44 AM
Buuuuurn.. though.. I can always tell a50's sigs from the rest. I think its that 3d graphic program he uses..

jing
Tue, 02-22-2005, 01:31 AM
He doesn't always use a 3D graphic program. I don't see some renders in some of his sig.

r3n
Tue, 02-22-2005, 06:25 AM
nice sigs ppl. a50 mess with your layout a bit for once, get some variety in there i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 02-22-2005, 06:05 PM
Sorry about the complete shit of a sig. I went away for the long weekend on thursday, and I've also been writing a term paper the whole time.

littlecooldude
Tue, 02-22-2005, 11:59 PM
It would appear that my webserver is down at the moment. I'll figure out what's wrong, and have it back up soon, at which time I'll be able to tell you who advances to the final round. Sorry for the delay.

Assertn
Wed, 02-23-2005, 02:31 AM
Who cares, I still end up with the ladies; nurse boy.

by ladies, he really meant "freaky goth vampire chicks"

littlecooldude
Wed, 02-23-2005, 09:32 AM
The results are in: r3n, NarutoMaster, and gaaralovessand, advance to the next round. It was a very close round for 2nd and 3rd being that all were only 1 vote apart. Congratulations for advancing to the final round! The theme is "Hot Babe". And just to make sure you have plenty of time to doll up your sexiest gal, I'll give you until Friday, 4th March.

GLS
Wed, 02-23-2005, 10:01 AM
Now, when you say hot babe, u mean real girls, anime girls, or our choice?

r3n
Wed, 02-23-2005, 12:21 PM
both XD

PSJ
Wed, 02-23-2005, 01:04 PM
i'd say real girls thats more of a challenge

Assertn
Wed, 02-23-2005, 01:20 PM
well if the contest IS hot babes.....then chances are real ones will win over fake ones

littlecooldude
Wed, 02-23-2005, 02:04 PM
lol, I don't know, there are a lot of really hot anime babes ;P And you know, I was going to restrict it to only real chics, but now that I think about, I'll leave it open, make things a little interesting. ANY hot babe, no Terra doesn't count.

NM
Wed, 02-23-2005, 02:17 PM
Whoa, I didn't think I'd make it this far in the contest. w00t! Time to start on the hot babe sig. Wonder if I should pick anime or real...

Knives122
Wed, 02-23-2005, 03:30 PM
wtf, how did gaara make a last minute comeback? oh well gj btw Naruto it should be real

jing
Wed, 02-23-2005, 04:16 PM
i dunno how gaara made that amazing comeback........

and please real babes only.........

GLS
Wed, 02-23-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by: NarutoMaster
Whoa, I didn't think I'd make it this far in the contest. w00t! Time to start on the hot babe sig. Wonder if I should pick anime or real...

I didnt think I'd be able to, either. Our sigs were quite similar, wouldn't ya say?

I was tellin' Knives tuesday, "Looks like I wont advance to the next round :'( ".
I was quite surprised.
Now, I gotta come up with an idea for a hot babe sig. Sounds like i'll be stoned if I do anime girls, though.

NM
Wed, 02-23-2005, 05:22 PM
Actually, I thought it would be you, R3n, and a50 that advanced to the last round i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. Heh, yeah, seems like we both had Gundam Seed/Destiny in mind. I liked the design you used for your sig, it rocked. Sounds like real babes is what everyone wants to.

Souryusen
Wed, 02-23-2005, 05:54 PM
Try to be creative with your babes... pop stars should be automatic grounds for disqualification as well as flogging.

Who cares, I still end up with the ladies; nurse boy.

Anyone who makes fun of male nurses has obviously never sat in a classroom filled with 30 good-looking women and no other men.

r3n
Sun, 02-27-2005, 01:47 PM
submitted my entry, looking forward to see what the other 2 come up with i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

anime050
Sun, 02-27-2005, 10:23 PM
nice sigs ppl. a50 mess with your layout a bit for once, get some variety in there

Been too busy with MMORPGs to even care about photoshop anymore ;D.
I actually did that sig about a month ago.

GLS
Wed, 03-02-2005, 09:53 PM
got my sig in i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

r3n
Thu, 03-03-2005, 07:17 AM
when does voting begin?

GLS
Thu, 03-03-2005, 07:23 AM
He said they'd be due by March 4th at midnight. So I suppose voting will take place saturday.

NM
Thu, 03-03-2005, 08:16 AM
Mines submitted as well i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

littlecooldude
Thu, 03-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Well since all the submission have been turned in, we can start voting early. I'll leave it up for a while.

Knives122
Thu, 03-03-2005, 06:22 PM
its pretty obvious who did what(or is it?) but I voted for the big blue one

Souryusen
Thu, 03-03-2005, 06:26 PM
After seeing NM's submission I can only wonder what it's like when he tries to pick a girl up. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

edit: Scarlett boobs for teh win.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 03-03-2005, 07:26 PM
Lmao

jing
Thu, 03-03-2005, 10:09 PM
voted for r3n cuz his sig showed boobies.

TwisT
Fri, 03-04-2005, 10:31 AM
Also voted for r3n's.. Best by far.. The others are to big.. And also Jessica Alba is not that hot.. She's only avarage IMO.. Also since my favorite color is purple and r3n's had much of that, it was only naturnal

PSJ
Fri, 03-04-2005, 11:17 AM
as much as i like alba i had to vote for scarlett that sig was much better then the other 2.

Assertn
Fri, 03-04-2005, 01:52 PM
lol, yeah...it was pretty obvious to tell who did what sig

r3n
Fri, 03-04-2005, 02:55 PM
well sorry for not creating a new style every sig ppl. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

scarlett johansson is the hottest woman on the planet (officially), we need a drool emoticon!

GLS
Fri, 03-04-2005, 06:50 PM
hmm... wonder if I can get 13 votes real quick.
Early congrats to r3n on the win!

We should do this again sometime. Especially for those that didnt recognize LCD's error about the first round.

NM
Fri, 03-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Good job on the contest r3n! You pulled off some badass sigs! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

I really hope we get more contests coming, it was really fun.
@Gaara: This is the second time we had the same sig XD

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 03-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Gaara- what do you use to make all the little bars and things(not the border) on your Shinn sig?

GLS
Fri, 03-04-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by: NarutoMaster
@Gaara: This is the second time we had the same sig XD

LOL. What are the chances of that, eh?

Originally posted by: Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Gaara- what do you use to make all the little bars and things(not the border) on your Shinn sig?

I found some tech Brushes at http://www.greycobra.com/

littlecooldude
Fri, 03-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Well, I think it's safe to safe congrats to r3n, for winning this competition.
I agree that we should do another competition. I'll be glad to host it again, but I'm out of town during spring break, so lets give us at least 2 weeks for the first round.
Any suggestions on which anime/character to use for the first round?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 03-05-2005, 12:42 AM
Gaara- thanks!

LCD- maybe we shoudlnt start a new one right away this one just finished.

r3n
Sat, 03-05-2005, 07:15 AM
just give it a couple of weeks b4 we start a new comp, i want to mess with diff styles i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

littlecooldude
Sat, 03-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Ok, then how about a break until at least the 19th.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 03-05-2005, 01:00 PM
sounds good LCD