PDA

View Full Version : PS2: Gundam Seed - Neverending Tomorrow

Terracosmo
Thu, 01-27-2005, 04:37 PM
This is some kind of mini review for the second Seed game to grace the PS2 console.
Thanks to Reita, who is currently idle at the forums, I have been able to get this game and being a true seed-a-holic it's joy.

Basically you can play story modes (Kira or Athrun) and they are based on the anime and they have clips etc. You can also play mission mode, which is a short unique mission for every Seed character (and I mean EVERY). It's nice to get to know the manga characters better, and it's pretty fun (albeit quite ridiculous) to kick ass with Miguel and his golden suit that he never got to use in the anime. Even funnier it is when that new TM Revolution song (the one a video recently came out for) plays in the background. Wow, what a coincidence, TM Revolution sings as the TM Revolution voiced character kicks Mwu's ass with a chaingun! Ehrm... yeah. It's all about the money.

Anyway the camera can be a pain, and the game is quite hard, but there's lots of things to do and you can play as every single suit available in the show (yes, even the "grunt" ones that only exist to get shot and die by the main mechs). There is also a 2player mode which is pretty chaotic but oddly stimulating. There is a pretty decent variety between the suits too, each having their own "special" move and combos in close combat. Close combat, btw, is fucking hard to perform decently but it looks bloody awesome if you know your stuff.

You can also choose any character to have as an "assist" char, meaning that he/she'll fly around alongside you. This assist character can also be leveled up, making them better and it will also increase the stock of "assist moves" they have (a special move triggered by the R3 button). These special moves increase your stats temporarily. To unlock everything in the game you must level up all characters.

I guess that about covers it. Try to import it, or burn it, whenever you get the chance.

*Goes off to blast down Kira with Yzak for the 419th time*

NM
Thu, 01-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Heh, I see you finally got it Terra i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. I know where Kira and Athrun's story modes are as well as the MSV mode, but where do I go in the menu to play as Yzak, Dearka, Cagalli, etc? I beat both Kira and Athrun's stories, just that I stopped to play Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. Now I'm goin back to Never Ending Tomorrow.

Terracosmo
Thu, 01-27-2005, 04:51 PM
I think there is a mode where you can play as any char, any suit on any stage.. but I haven't unlocked it yet.
Only finished half of Mission mode and Athrun's story so far..

By the way, in case you didn't know, when you choose to replay a mission or story mode stage you have already beaten... you can choose any pilot, any suit and any partner you like! (out of the ones you've unlocked)

Let me tell you it's a blast to have Yzak ride the Forbidden ^^

btw: I love how strong Duel is! Killed Mwu with one single combo i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

NM
Thu, 01-27-2005, 07:24 PM
Heh, I knew you'd be after Yzak i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. Freedom is probably my favorite mobile suit to mess with. Too bad Never Ending Tomorrow isnt online capable, I wanna see your Duel skills vs. Freedom i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

Terracosmo
Thu, 01-27-2005, 08:34 PM
That would kick ass.

God, I hate the mission where you use Shiho against the druggie trio. She fucking sucks, she's weak, she's annoying, she can't take any damage... and as an added bonus, you get to hear Yzak scream "shit goddamnit what are you doing!" x infinity as you go down.

PSJ
Fri, 01-28-2005, 05:38 AM
sounds interesting. btw who's shiho? would like to try it sometime, did you burn it terra?

Terracosmo
Fri, 01-28-2005, 06:27 AM
Shiho Hahnenfuss is an Yzak fangirl who works under him in his squad, appearing in the manga.

http://www.gundam-seed.net/msv/pilot/images/shiho.gif

She is rumored to be the character sitting next to Yzak/Dearka in the first GSD ending, so she might show up later.

This is her mech, the YFX-200 CGUE Deep Arms:

http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed-msv/yfx-200.jpg

As for the game, Reita burned it for me.

Shinji Ikari
Fri, 01-28-2005, 08:35 AM
And the most annoying thing about knowing all this kick ass info is that I'll never be able to play this game, because I ain't about to chip my playstation 2 when I already have both a PAL and a NTSC version just to be able to play japanese games. So please tell me this game is coming out in the US.

Terracosmo
Fri, 01-28-2005, 10:25 AM
Nope, but you can import it from Japan?

PSJ
Fri, 01-28-2005, 11:39 AM
hmm maybe i should chip my ps2 sometime..... sounds very good to do that...

Shinji Ikari
Fri, 01-28-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Nope, but you can import it from Japan?

If I had a JPN PS2, but I ain't going to buy one just for one game, or even two...

PSJ
Fri, 01-28-2005, 12:46 PM
you said in your previous post that you bought some shit just to play japanese games.....

Shinji Ikari
Fri, 01-28-2005, 01:26 PM
No, I said I wasn't going to chip a playstation when I already have a Pal and a Ntsc playstation.