PDA

View Full Version : What would you do to guide naruto to successful in the U.S

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 01-27-2005, 03:07 PM
We all know that Naruto will eventually come to the United States. When it does it will most likely bring about reckoning far greater then dragon ball z, Yu gi Oh, and maybe even Pokemon.

Naruto is practically a license to print money. So I ask a fun hypothetical question. What would you do in order to ensure Naruto becomes successful in the United States?

First thing to establish is what target demographic to target. Naruto could be shown unedited on adult swim. It could gain a loyal cult following like inuyasha. I believe naruto could reach a far broader audience. Just trim some of the blood and sexual references and it should be okay for day time television.

I would start off by premiering it on WB's saturday morning cartoon block. Giving a start on basic network television ensures that it will get the widest possible exposure possible. Both Yu gi oh and Pokemon debuted on this time block and they have enjoyed more success then any other anime property brought to the U.S.

I would start off with a cryptic marketing campaign. Teasing 11 year olds across the nation with random art work from the series. The less they know the better. I wounld try and generate buzz across the playgrounds across the U.S. Little tykes would wonder "who is that guy in the orange suit. Why are there frogs flying around and who are these guys in the cool flak jackets. I would also tease children with logos of the leaf village and brief glimpses of Zambuza

I would then bring naruto in airing the first handfull of episodes. At first the reaction would be curious but not terribly interested. As time progressed the children would find themselves more and more compelled to see what happens next. Especially as the story moves into the country of the wave story arc. Things would start to gain interest as soon as Zambuza is introduced. Things will pick up after naruto passes the introduction phaze.

Every little kid would then wait desperatly to see how things play out with the bridge story arc. After the first arc plays out I would have reruns to ensure that every kid who hadn't seen it would get a chance because of their friends encouragement. After a month or two of reruns I would then begin to tease people with the chuunin exam and all of the other unique characters that would be introduced. Then I would begin to air the first few episodes of chuunin exam. Then after the first exam things would really begin to heat up as the forest of death started. Thats when I begin the marketing blitzkrieg.

Naruto tie in deals at burger king. The introduction of the naruto card game. Action figures, toys, and of course the video games. New episodes would premier once a week and they would also be rerun constantly. Things would only gain more momentum. One thing I love about the chuunin exam is the pacing. It just keeps building up. As the suspence builds so do the profits. Hehehehehe

basey44
Thu, 01-27-2005, 08:48 PM
how bout dont release it in the US
or put it straight to dvd unedited with a choice of subtitles and good dubbing, not shit dubbing as often happens

hopeknight
Thu, 01-27-2005, 08:53 PM
Mild cutting? They would probably try to cut episode 2 out entirely, cuz Naruto is clearly a bad influence on the kiddies (promote peeping and such).

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 01-27-2005, 10:54 PM
Episode 2 can still be aired. It would have to be modified a bit to suit american tastes, but i could be used on American television.

Basey_69 your thinking with a very narrowminded perspective. A DVD release without dubbs would suit the fans but not the masses. Bringing Naruto to the states would be killing the thing we love but the end result would be license to print money. Hell you could affort to import kishimoto and force him to write new chapters in exchange for food.

The skies the limit. Just think about how you can make naruto successful. It will come to the states. The good news is that it probably won't come for another decade or so, but when it comes it's going to be huge. Jump on the Naruto gravy train while still or spend the rest of your life regretting it.

JusDaMan
Fri, 01-28-2005, 12:07 AM
It has to depend on who licences it. i mean if it's someone like pioneer or 4kids, look at the earlier DBZ episodes and Sailor moon episodes.
Seans kickboxing adventures. come on now.
If i was a licencing company say... funimation or VIZ (which out of most company i like them best) First... Fire ALL voice actors, script writers and stuff. Hire the staff of Aone-Anbu. We pay them and we get to use their subs (most of fansub is better than company sub). For voice actors... Audition their voices. In american movies people audition for animated feature films. Leave every Battle song the way they are.. (we dont wanna hear "just lose it- eminem" in the haku fight)(ugh Tokyopop).
Good quality= more audience=more profit. OH YEA... make the dvd affordable for people. come on now 5 dollars per episode is kinda OD. I think... It costs around 3-5 dollars for a dual layer dvd... so.... i say maybe 10 dollars per dvd for sale (each dvd containing 4 episodes).

As for tv audiences... Maybe, MAYBE WB. but I would think Cartoon network adult swim. Or Tech tv's anime unleashed. I think that would be good. UNEDIT for cable. and in WB maybe take out blood scenes and language (not like there is much on the original anime anyway). Kids needa grow up anyway so for episode 2... edit the script alittle.

After a while when it gets bigger than DBZ, yugioh, pokemon. Release TCG's, toys, and stuff.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 01-28-2005, 01:52 AM
It's all about exposure. Putting it on the anime unleashed programming block is the perfect example of product suicide. It's on really late at night plus the overal distribution of of the G4 tech TV network is limited at best.

The adult swim is a better bet but it's still a niche market. Naruto has a mass appeal that crosses demographics. Start naruto off on the WB so it's easily available to everyone. Then bring it to cartoon network for daytime television and eventually prime time. Also you can't wait to long to introduce the merchandise. Yu Gi Oh missed the ball and all of the tie in merchandise came after it hit critical mass and started to lose mass appeal. Yu gi oh almost became as succesful as pokemon but lost momentum before it could make it's way to the cover of time magazine.

Naruto's pacing works perfectly for television. During the Chuunin exam it just keeps building up till the story reaches the climax of the war. Can you imagine what it would be like to be a 11 year old and slowly watch the build up and see it culminate in a huge ninja war? Hell you might still get older people like parents who are forced to watch it with their children getting into naruto.

Insomniac
Fri, 01-28-2005, 08:40 AM
Naruto wont make main stream TV, there is simply just too many episodes at this point and no sign of an ending.
just as Kenshin didnt make TV, it'll probably go straight to DVD

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 01-28-2005, 12:12 PM
Errr i thought Kenshin did make to American TV. Hell i just saw it on Cartoon network last week.

Naruto's not to long. I mean common the entire dragon ball z series has played out on cartoon network. If anything more episodes are better since it means theres a large quantity of content that's ready to be put on the air.

mage
Sat, 02-05-2005, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by: Insomniac
Naruto wont make main stream TV, there is simply just too many episodes at this point and no sign of an ending.
just as Kenshin didnt make TV, it'll probably go straight to DVD

Are you crazy? Cartoon Network must've aired every DBZ episode 50 times. Just because a series is long doesn't mean it wont make it for mainstream TV.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 02-05-2005, 02:36 PM
lol yea DBZZ had 276 episodes in english.

Speaking of DBZ... jsut call Naruto the new DBZ... that will bring over masses of people.

Terracosmo
Sat, 02-05-2005, 03:57 PM
I'd begin by never showing it at all.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 02-05-2005, 07:11 PM
I would deffinetly not mind it coming to the U.S at all. It would just be something for me to watch.

Terra- what do you care if it comes to the U.S, you live in Sweeden or someplace.

Terracosmo
Sat, 02-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Because if it comes to US some fuckhead in sweden will eventually decide it's good and dub it horribly?

Deblas
Sat, 02-05-2005, 08:35 PM
yea! and besides he lives in sweden. not sweeden. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 02-05-2005, 10:26 PM
I think some of you are missing the point. I'm not asking about what you would think if naruto came to the US i'm asking for an answer to a hypothetical question. What would YOU do if you were in charge of bringing naruto over to the states and marketing it towards the masses. I'm not talking about Funimation or 4kids or any other licensing group. YOU are the person in charge so what will YOU do?

Terracosmo
Sat, 02-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty much the only one who answered correctly.

GhostKaGe
Sun, 02-06-2005, 03:45 AM
im in the uk and uk censorship in reacent years has slackend a lot for a dvd release these day theres almost nothing you can't show as long as its not racist

a dvd release of naruto would unedited easiley get a 12u rating (meaning you would have to be 12 to buy it) being animation it wouldn't suprise me if it got a PG rating that just means the guy behind the counter is required to ask "would your parents approve of you purchising this product?" (they never do anyway) i can see nothing at all that would need to be edited for a uk release and 11-13 ish seems to be the ideal market for naruto .... but im guessing they'll aim for the preteen market of hyperactive naruto's
who are more likley to get suckered in by the over hyped marketing campain, excesive merchandise and the all my friends have them so i need them brain washing oh and not to forget the inevitable macdonalds happy meal toys that'll have kids getting more obese just so they can collect the whole set

i don't know much about u.s censors but it can't be that much differant ...its just a guess but the same thing will happen its just a case of quantity over quality

sorry for the bad grammer but im the next hokage you should know what to expect by now i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

just out of curiosity do i come off as being very bitter in this post ?

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 02-06-2005, 04:28 AM
Insomniac, Kenshin did make it to U.S TV, and Naruto is very likely to make it to mainstream T.V (I know one of the high ups of cartoon network mentioned being interested in Naruto)

I personally think if Naruto ended up on TV (v_v) it would be Adult Swim. Though Naruto is a marketable series, I just think its better suited for there. Unless the person who told me this was wrong, I was told that One Piece isn't doing all that well or as well as it could be, and One Piece is one of Japan's most popular anime series, so I don't think just because it is a marketable series that it will always work out being put on childrens programming. When you think about it, Inuyasha was a good marketable series as well and it was a family series in Japan, just like Naruto, but ended up on Adult Swim.

Though something like kids wb and foxbox is open to more viewers, it isn't really tailored for it, because it's meant to be watched by children, which is it's primary audience, so I think either way , being on AS or foxbox, audience can be limited. And I think even though Naruto was meant for a younger audience, in terms of US context of childrens show, it would have to be edited a lot, plus I think it tends to have a tone that I would think better suits AS. Thing such as (death of characters, pretty tragic/violent pasts, peeping/Jiraiya, young character bent on killing someone, violence, Orochimaru =P)

Naruto is Naruto because it has all of those elements, I think that if they were edited out for a children audience, it wouldn't really be the same. Besides, Naruto is circulated in the US Shounen Jump and it's rated for T for Teens, so I think just going along with that, should go on AS.

Also, I don't think that if Naruto was aired on AS, it wouldn't be as marketable. I mean, much of the time the top selling anime DVDs are Inuyasha DVDs and that's an AS program, plus I know Viz has a number of Inuyasha merchandice, so even if it was put on there, it could be marketed. (being that it's anime the must lucrative aspect of it would be the DVDs since Naruto isn't a collectible card game based anime like Yugiou and Pokemon) So with that in mind if a company other than 4Kids gets ahold of it they could get their moneys worth just showing it on AS.

**though of course i don't want to see it on TV, but know it could happen **

PSJ
Sun, 02-06-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Yeah, I'm pretty much the only one who answered correctly.

and what a good answer it was, but still it woudl take about 150 years for it to come to sweden after released in the U.S by then we are already dead so it doesnt really matter....

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 02-06-2005, 12:13 PM
One piece isn't doing well on the foxbox (Although now i think the names been changed to 4kids tv because the entire programming block pretty much consists of 4kids anime) because of it's awful marketing and really really bad dubbing. I don't think anyone could ever get me to watch it again, especially after seeing the new rap opening (shutters at the thought of it).

Both Yu Gi Oh and Pokemon were very succesful on the WB saturday morning block. They are both also now on prime time on cartoon network. Adult swim will always be designated for niche programming and naruto has to many great components to be just a tiny niche show with a cult following.

Don't forget there is also a card game based on naruto. I don't know if it's any good but it does probably generate money. The dragan ball z cardgame was also pretty successful in the U.S. Naruto can make to mainstream television.

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 02-06-2005, 04:05 PM
But it's a big possiblity Naruto would end up like One Piece if it goes onto something like the foxbox...I can imagine crappy dubbing and totally changed dialouge and names...and if One Piece is poorly marketed, wouldn't be suprised if the same happened to Naruto, like I said One Piece is really big in Japan and has a lot of marketable items to go with it, but it ended up not doing well in the US..so exact same thing can happen to Naruto. And as for the reference to a card game, even though Naruto has one, it's not based on it...and Inuyasha had a card game too, which was released in US too.

I think even if it is a niche programming, AS gets really good ratings, from what I have read, and with the new programs it puts on, it gets even highter, so I don't see it being that bad if they put it on AS..I mean when you think about it Inuyasha will eventually end it's run on AS...would have to replace it...Naruto is another popular anime that could. (-_- though just dvd would be better).

Plus when you think about it, Naruto is a top selling manga in the US, so even if they were to air it on AS, people that read it and find out it was beng aired on there are likely to watch it on there, and of course, buy the DVDs.

And anyways, just because the anime is marketable, dosn't mean that it would in the US or would end up being a very big success. And I think the question of marketing the anime in terms of merchandice is going to highly depend on who liscences the anime.

gaara
Thu, 02-10-2005, 03:08 AM
K what noob deleted my post??

Anyways this thread is bad luck.

Insomniac
Thu, 02-10-2005, 04:19 AM
hmm didnt realise Kenshin made USA tv, after all i'm not there i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
this is just a guess but i think america is too far into the trading card animes at this point (as aus is), bent on making money off people throwing cards around all episode (whats a better marketing system then showing them what each card should be able to do if you were skitzophrenic)

SK
Mon, 02-14-2005, 11:56 AM
well since wb owns cartoon network....you could show the shitty cut eps on the wb saturday morning lineup for the little kids, then show the uncut episodes on cartoon network adult swim for the older people, that way can get both audiences.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 02-14-2005, 03:08 PM
That's probably the best idea.

Isn't that what they did with dragon ball z ? I think what they used to do was show the episodes on the weekedays then on friday or saturday night they would show all of those weeks episodes uncut in a two and half hour programming block.

ShinobiNeko
Mon, 02-14-2005, 03:33 PM
yeah..sharingan-kakashi, you do have a good point. Since Naruto most likely will end up on tv anyways, and if the company that gets it wants a lot of exposure, they could do that, and at least satisfy more viewers targeting a younger and older audience -.-

Jman
Mon, 02-14-2005, 06:56 PM
hmm.. best way to get a dub is to make the scenes as realistic as possible.. if the character get stabbed, stab the voice actor..
that'll fix those un-enthusiastic morons i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif XD

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 02-16-2005, 07:47 AM
Ah crap the apocolypse has come, apparently naruto has finally been licensed unless this rumor turns out to be a giant joke.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pressrelease.php?id=851

blacken
Wed, 02-16-2005, 02:15 PM
I would like to mention Pokemon did not start of on day time television.

it first started on UPN early in the morning at 7 it was not licenced by the WB Untill the characters got the cruise ship after fighting the surge guy. which im guessing was around episode what 12 or 20 something.

Whatever, iI would just make sure that no stupid names are used like Doppleganger technique for narutos kage Bunshin, and things like that.

ryu101
Wed, 02-16-2005, 05:30 PM
Umm, anyone know why the article at http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pressrelease.php?id=851 says that Naruto takes place in Konohagakure and not Konoha. Because I have an urge to shoot the person who typed that.

Trueno86
Wed, 02-16-2005, 07:00 PM
People who are trying to license Japanese animes are retards... since they cant even translate Konoha right.. what gives them the right to ruin a perfectly fine anime.. *sigh*..

basey44
Wed, 02-16-2005, 08:52 PM
money does apparently

kAi
Wed, 02-16-2005, 08:55 PM
maybe they should hire people from the fansub community who are actual fans of it.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 02-17-2005, 11:58 PM
Dosen't the toonami programming block only run once a week on saturday's? Yesh talk about product suicide. Naruto should be shown during the afternoon like dragonball z was so many years ago. The toonami block has all kinds of anime but they never get an audience because they progress very slowly with only one new episode each week.

Mostly they either get cancelled and disappear of they never get a firm time slot. Poor naruto deserves better.

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 02-18-2005, 01:49 AM
yeah Toonami is on Saturday 7-11pm. But as for 1 episode a well...just have to live with it just like the Japanese do, 1 episode a week. I think what is bothersome is that usually they play a certain amount of episodes, then repeat while they dub more, play some new ones, and then repeat all of those again... you know , if you were following the show on tv, it would get troublesome to get into it, only to find out the next week that it will be repeated for who knows how long till a certain number of new episodes show up.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 02-18-2005, 09:45 AM
That may be true but for something like naruto it's usually better to have a large amount of initial episodes airing within close proximity of one another. Lets be frank, the first few episodes of naruto really suck. If I were watching it for the first time the first episode would intrigue me but after seeing the second and third one I would probably hate it and never want to see it again. Things don't get interesting until the bell excersise and even then you hate all the main characters because they don't seem to be able to do anything that's particularly interesting.

Haku no Fuyu
Fri, 02-18-2005, 11:41 AM
Yeah, if they DO make a decision based only of the first few weeks, we can be sure Naruto will be on Adult swim. *Shudders at Groove Adventure Rave dub*

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 02-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Well, unless they play episodes back to back, only 1 episode a week, and I do agree, people might not get that into it from the beginning, but never know. And just because it does bad, dosn't exactly mean that it would move to Adult Swim, it would move there if they found that the demographic of the people watching were older..then there might be a possability, but, like I said, kids would have to hate Naruto. Don't really think they would since I am sure a lot of the people that read the US shonen jump and buy the english Naruto manga want to watch the anime.

SierraSonic
Fri, 02-18-2005, 04:25 PM
Heres my way of doing it:

Great dubbing, keeping it as original as possible, = great audiance, kids will watch it anyway.. they watch family guy... they coudl definatly watch anruto unedited.

Rynoa
Sun, 02-20-2005, 09:26 PM
buy the subbed things from aone (LOL) and then saying those things in english i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 02-28-2005, 02:52 PM
Is good dubbing even possible? I really can't imagine the voices for certain characters in english, like Shikmaro or Orchimaro.

Better yet whats naruto himself going to sound like? Also does anyone have any idea what the date is for naruto's American primier?

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 03-01-2005, 12:59 PM
I can't imagine good dubbing for Naruto...highly doubt it, not even going to consider it. I remember reading that it's supposed to premier on Toonami this Fall.

LobsterMagnet
Tue, 03-01-2005, 10:33 PM
I wonder if they'll keep the same music. Such as the classic naruto theme music. Or better yet will they keep the opening songs the same? I would really hate to see a new opening made for the american version incorporating a rape song like 4kids did with One piece.

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 03-01-2005, 11:28 PM
I bet they would change the songs..prob wouldn't keep the original japanese songs and make a corny English remake of it

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 03-02-2005, 08:35 AM
I challenge anyone out there to come up with english naruto lyrics for the opening song. This should prove interesting. I'll start things off

DA DUM DA DA DUM
Here's naruto, naruto is here, he's comming to lay the smackdown on all the bad guys.
Here's naruto, naruto is here, He's comming to defend the American way.
Here's naruto, naruto is here, He's got to save the leaf village this day.

ROCK THE NINJA, ROCK THE NINJA, ROCK THE NINJA, ROCK THE NINJA

Then there's SASUKE he's got the special eyes
He's so cool he dosen't need to stay in school.

Sakura is the last member of the crew and she's got absolutly nothing to do.

ROCK THE NINJA, ROCK THE NINJA, ROCK THE NINJA

All three of them make team seven
They get taught by kakashi sensei
whose got the sharingan and a perverted book.

THATS HOW WE ROCK THE NINJA, ROCK THE NINJA, ROCK THE NINJA.

Yes i know that was god awful, I challenge anyone out there to come up with something better or worse.

Hellraiser
Wed, 03-02-2005, 03:08 PM
Anybody seen that dubbed episode of Naruto by some group? I think it was just the first episode, but I t]ought it was alright.

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 03-02-2005, 03:57 PM
No it sucked pretty badly. I wish I still had it though so I could show my roomate how god awful naruto was going to sound in english.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 03-02-2005, 04:34 PM
I bet they're just going to keep the 1st opening theme Rocks. For Gundam SEED they used the original shitty opening the entire series. But for FMA they only use Ready Steady Go (not the first opening)....who knows, I hope they just use Haruka Kanata. The opening theme could be what makes or breaks Naruto.

Jman
Wed, 03-02-2005, 04:55 PM
<Dragon Ball Z English Narrator>

Finally, Sasuke reveals his true strength, upon seeing Naruto change forms!!!!
What will happen to the sole survivor of the Uchiha clan?
And what of Naruto, who desperately tries to redeem him? Will Kakashi make it in time before they destroy each other? Find out on the next exciting episode of Naruto.

Hellraiser
Wed, 03-02-2005, 05:43 PM
I remember that thread. It rocks. We need more of that stuff around here.

ShinobiNeko
Wed, 03-02-2005, 05:49 PM
As for the opening, I think it really just depends on how the company that owns Naruto as well as CN handle it, so it could go either way..just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if a corny English remake of the Rocks opening was done..though I think they should at least keep Wind..I mean..it's already in English.

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 03-02-2005, 09:00 PM
If they fuck with Haruta Kanada there will be hell to pay.

Also guys common, I was really hoping you would write your own song lyrics.

ShinobiNeko
Wed, 03-02-2005, 10:05 PM
heh i think they will just skip Haruka Kanata entirely..usually they always use the same song for anime that's on TV that was aimed for younger audience...and as for lyrics..lol lobstermagnet, I don't think i could come up with worse lyrics for naruto..so I pass.

Hinata-chan
Wed, 03-02-2005, 10:55 PM
agreed with above

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 03-04-2005, 12:25 AM
Oh common, No one wants to come up with their own english naruto lyrics? Then I shall continue to write my own.

Boo ya Boo ya Boo ya Boo ya Boo Boo ya Boo ya Boo ya

Naruto's is the toughest ninja in the village of konoa
watch him bust a clone
If he gets angry then ya better watch out cause the demon Fox inside just might come out

Boo ya Boo ya Boo ya Boo ya Boo ya Boo ya Boo ya Boo ya

Sakura is the fly girl number one
Naruto likes her but she likes sasuke so where's it going to end?
She's got mad medical skillz and when she gets angry ya beter watch out

Sasuke is the cool guy of the crew
He's slick and he's slim and he's got the sharingan
He lost his family to his brothers eyes and now he's out to get the ultimate prize

Come up with your own song lyrics less i be forced to try and come up with something even worse, if thats even possible.

Mut
Fri, 03-04-2005, 01:09 AM
What the hell is wrong with you. Go outside and play around for a while. Enough inside time for you.

pakman
Fri, 03-04-2005, 02:44 AM
lol that was the most retarded thing ive ever seen

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 03-04-2005, 11:12 AM
You people have no sense of humor.

potentialflip
Fri, 03-04-2005, 02:20 PM
the subbing ahhh!!! they are going to over do the whole jutsu stuff. a whole lot of censorship. there will be a lot. i think there will be a lot of skipped episodes. the whole thing on Toonami. worst thing that it could happen at least it isn't in the WB Saturday Morning Lineup. Would have been better in Adult Swim.

Assertn
Fri, 03-04-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
You people have no sense of humor.

actually, i laughed when i saw mut's response

bakanojutsu
Sat, 03-05-2005, 09:38 PM
i dont want them th change the jutsus names, id rather here stuff like kage bushin no jutsu than art of the shadow doplganger, or atleast call it shadow replication.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:01 AM
Here's my last attempt at constructing the naruto english theme song, enjoy.

YO!
Yah-yo, yah-yo!
Dreaming!
(Don't give it up, Naruto!)
Dreaming!
(Don't give it up, Saske!)
Dreaming!
(Don't give it up, Sakura!)
Dreaming!
(Don't give it, give it up, give it up, give it up, give it up, give it-- NO!)
Here's how the story goes, we find out
Bout a nine tailed demon fox, there's no doubt that fox was tearing things up
then came the 4th, who put a stop
he put the fox within a newborn baby boy
Yah-yo, yah-yo, yah-yo, oh-oh!
His name is naruto
(That's Uzumaki Naruto)
(He'll be the next Hokage!)
He's got the demon fox inside
(How did that happen?)
(the 4th sealed it up)
Yah-yo, yah-yo!
His name's Saske, he's just like a the coolest guy
And a L-A-D-Y Sakura's not shy
The Ninja Crew comin' through doin' their thing
With the naruto as ninja supreme, he's gonna be hokage!

ChaosK
Sat, 03-12-2005, 03:01 PM
wow...i'm hoping mut will come along and jus completely bash u for that but i'm not gonna do it...

i wouldnt go with adult swim (remember i'm thinkin lik i really wanna make money) b/c they block all anime after 12:00 where the majority of the viewers r asleep, besides, naruto is 12. The people who r still awake after 12:00 wud not be interested in watching an anime about a 12 year old. i would air it on toonami on cartoonnetwork and jus air it straight on until chunnin exam, then i wud do it the way they did DBZ and jus rerun it for lik 1 yr everyday except putting in new episodes on saturdays so monday through friday would be rerun and then saturday wud have the new episode. then make toys consisting of team 7, make a board game (??), and finally wait till around october and hit it with halloween costumes. lol i cant help but laugh wen imagining little kids dressed up lik kakashi with teh weird hair.

Finally air it all the way through chunnin exam right to the part of the "save sasuke mission" where the sand come in (ep. 124)...then rerun for another year. Make deal with six flags to make a "naruto rollarcoaster"<--(this is jus for fun because i'm running outta ideas) switch to adult swim but make sure it has an early time (11:00 or 11:30)<---this is kinda to make kids suffer because i'm not really into the whole idea of more than ˝ the US population under 15 running around pretending they're ninjas and making them debate w/ parents to watch naruto.

and before all that shit happens i'd have to argue with..."toonami people" to make them not do anything to "Sexi-no-jitsu" or change the names of most people. ( i really wud appreciate sasuke not being called sam) and i'll have brittney spears to the voice of sakura jus for the hell of it and then endourse to hentai. <--- LOL

jing
Sat, 03-12-2005, 03:26 PM

YO!
Yah-yo, yah-yo!
Dreaming!
Dreaming!
Dreaming!
Dreaming!
His name is naruto
(That's Uzumaki Naruto)
(How did that happen?)
(the 4th sealed it up)
Yah-yo, yah-yo!

....is this what goes on in your radio show?

ChaosK
Sat, 03-12-2005, 04:08 PM
he has a radio show...? o_O lol jing he leaves me wondering too...

Deblas
Sat, 03-12-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
he has a radio show...? o_O lol jing he leaves me wondering too...

I wouldn't call it much of a radio since no one listens to it. He actually begged us once.

Terracosmo
Sat, 03-12-2005, 08:33 PM

YO!
Yah-yo, yah-yo!
Dreaming!
Dreaming!
Dreaming!
Dreaming!
His name is naruto
(That's Uzumaki Naruto)
(How did that happen?)
(the 4th sealed it up)
Yah-yo, yah-yo!

Never post again.

Mut
Sat, 03-12-2005, 08:34 PM
LobsterMagnet, wtf? What are you, gay?

Knives122
Sat, 03-12-2005, 08:38 PM

YO!
Yah-yo, yah-yo!
Dreaming!
Dreaming!
Dreaming!
Dreaming!
His name is naruto
(That's Uzumaki Naruto)
(How did that happen?)
(the 4th sealed it up)
Yah-yo, yah-yo!

hey lobster give your address so I can send you a gun so you can put a bullet through your head, that was just retarded

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 03-13-2005, 10:59 PM
Oh it's so nice to see that you all liked that last song. Here is another one, enjoy.

I want to be the Hokage
The best there ever was
To follow Sasuke is my real test
To catch him is my goal (oooh)
I will travel across the forest through trees (eeeehhs)
There will be no place to hide
I got to Understand
The Chakra that's inside! (Power inside!)

Naruto!
Got to get really strong.
I know it's my destiny!
Naruto!
Youre my team mate
In a village we must defend!
Naruto!
A heart so pure
Our courage will pull us through
Sakura learned nothing new
Naruto!
(Gotta be hokage) Gotta be hokage Gotta be hokage!

Every challenge along the way
With courage Naruto will face
Naruto will battle everyday
To claim his rightful place!
And Sakura chan will try to find her place
Come with Naruto, the time is right!
There's no better team
Arm and arm, hell win the fight!
It's no longer a dream!

Naruto!
I know it's my destiny!
Naruto!
Youre my team mate
Naruto!
A heart so pure
Naruto!

Naruto!
I know it's my destiny!
Naruto!
Youre my team mate
Naruto!
A heart so pure
Naruto!

Iguanashow
Sun, 03-13-2005, 11:23 PM
Well, if everyone remembers, Pokemon started on Ch. 13 Upn in September 98 and switched to Wb because the Wb offered a ton of money, but UPn didn't realize the GOLDMINE Pokemon was and sold it. I bet they sure regret that, but Naruto would never make it mainstream. Naruto has real life messages that aren't meant for little children who's biggest concerns are whether they will see Barney tomorrow. Naruto has been licensed by ShoPro, Viz, and is coming in the THird quarter of 05'. It's probably going straight to Dvd because Naruto has gained a loyal following and it's lack of brilliance in U.S. versions would probably piss and turn many people off. I would rather want Aone or Anbu subbing Naruto then those big companies who care only how much money they make. If Naruto doesn't do well here and Aone stopped subbing, it would be extremely difficult for anyone to get Naruto and subbing could never begin again since these companies have the license.

ChaosK
Thu, 03-17-2005, 07:39 PM
Oh it's so nice to see that you all liked that last song. Here is another one, enjoy.

I want to be the Hokage
The best there ever was
I got to Understand

Naruto!
I know it's my destiny!
Naruto!
Youre my team mate
Naruto!
A heart so pure
Naruto!

There's no better team
It's no longer a dream!

Naruto!
I know it's my destiny!
Naruto!
Youre my team mate
Naruto!
A heart so pure
Naruto!

Naruto!
I know it's my destiny!
Naruto!
Youre my team mate
Naruto!
A heart so pure
Naruto!

man...u really have no life do u? how much time do u put into making these songs that will make most people think ur jus a flamming idiot? if ur song gets into the english dub i will seriously go to the animation studios and rip ur song right out of the player its in (if it is in a player) ....besides all u did was waste a lot of space...more than half the stuff jus repeats itself, u change 1 line in every verse.. and yet u HAD to post this anyway...? plz DONT DO IT AGAIN! i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Y
Thu, 03-17-2005, 08:04 PM
the pokemon [parody song was great, at least it's an improvement over him actually posting his thoughts.

Jaredster
Thu, 03-17-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122

YO!
Yah-yo, yah-yo!
Dreaming!
Dreaming!
Dreaming!
Dreaming!
His name is naruto
(That's Uzumaki Naruto)
(How did that happen?)
(the 4th sealed it up)
Yah-yo, yah-yo!

hey lobster give your address so I can send you a gun so you can put a bullet through your head, that was just retarded

But you got to admit it's probably what they are going to make it like.

ChaosK
Thu, 03-17-2005, 08:25 PM
which is y i'm hoping naruto will be done b4 they start it in US

Y
Thu, 03-17-2005, 08:57 PM
There is no chance of that at all.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 03-20-2005, 10:08 PM
the pokemon [parody song was great, at least it's an improvement over him actually posting his thoughts.]

Well thats probably the closest thing I'm going to get to a compliment from Y The Alien. About time that someone finally realized it was a parody of the pokemon song. I just took the lyrics and edited them with naruto references. The other song I wrote before was just an adaptation of the english One Piece song lyrics. Here are the original lyrics.

YO!
Yah-yo, yah-yo!
Dreaming!
(Don't give it up, Luffy!)
Dreaming!
(Don't give it up, Zolo!)
Dreaming!
(Don't give it up, Nami!)
Dreaming!
Bout a treasure in the Grand Line, there's no doubt
The Pirate whose eye is on it, he'll sing,
"I'll be King of the Pirates, I'm gonna be King!"
His name is Luffy
(That's Monkey D. Luffy)
(Gonna be King of the Pirates!)
He's made of rubber
(How did that happen?)
(Yo-ho-ho, he took a bite of Gum-Gum!)
Yah-yo, yah-yo!
His name's Zolo, he's just like a samurai
And a L-A-D-Y Nami's not shy
The Pirate Crew comin' through doin' their thing
With the King of the Pirates, he's gonna be King!
Set sail for One Piece, it's the name of the treasure
(In the Grand Line)
Yah-yo, yah-yo
Set sail for One Piece!

and if you dare here's a link to the actual theme song itself

http://www.tvtome.com/OnePiece/

just scroll down and you'll see the link

ChaosK
Sun, 03-20-2005, 10:13 PM
wat wuz the point in that post above? and this has gotten really off topic, i'm gonna add to my idea of making naruto sucessful bak in page 2 or something, by creating chocolates of it! i jus thought of this since easter is around the corner...

Y
Mon, 03-21-2005, 12:12 AM

the pokemon [parody song was great, at least it's an improvement over him actually posting his thoughts.]

Well thats probably the closest thing I'm going to get to a compliment from Y The Alien.

Don't give up LobsterMagnet, you will reach that pinnacle one day.

Mite Gai
Sat, 04-16-2005, 10:09 PM

I want to be the Hokage
The best there ever was
I got to Understand

Naruto!
I know it's my destiny!
Naruto!
Youre my team mate
Naruto!
A heart so pure
Naruto!

There's no better team
It's no longer a dream!

Naruto!
I know it's my destiny!
Naruto!
Youre my team mate
Naruto!
A heart so pure
Naruto!

Naruto!
I know it's my destiny!
Naruto!
Youre my team mate
Naruto!
A heart so pure
Naruto!

lol and right now the dubbers are copying down lobsters lyrics and figuring out how they are gonna animate the opening sequence.

lilphatboi88
Sat, 04-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Naruto won't be as big as DBZ

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 04-17-2005, 08:50 PM
Naruto could become quite bigger then DBZ all it need is the right marketing.

Heheh there's actually a small chance that I might become an advisor for promoting naruto. I got the contact information for the guy who runs the toonami block. Sent him an e-mail but haven't gotten a response back. I'm plotting a massive campaign that will hopefully either grab his attention or impress him.

Like I said before chances are very slim but it may work. If so you guys will probably be the first to know.

Danik
Mon, 04-18-2005, 12:47 PM
To answer the original question, I wouldn´t do a damn thing to make it successful.

ChaosK
Mon, 04-18-2005, 07:21 PM
wow probably first in quite a couple that answered the question... now that i think of it i kinda agree, i dont want naruto to be successful in US AT ALL because then again, we'll have kids throwing plastic shrukiens and running down the block going "no fair stop running i already hit you with a chidori!" the other goes "prove it? i'm still running!"

LobsterMagnet
Tue, 04-19-2005, 07:14 AM
I don't know about you guys but honestly I can't wait to see kids running around the block chasing each other with chidori's. Holloween will also be fricking hilarious with little kids wearing naruto, sasuke, and sakura masks. Best part is if I get any crap from any of them I'll just tell them a really good spoiler.

"Oh so you think sasuke is a real badass hero, don't you know he gets his ass owned by Garra plus he runs away from the village like a little pussy."

"Thats right Sakura does absolutely nothing for at least 130 episodes. Except for that one time where she gets beat up retarded."

"Don't get to attached to the third hokage or that examiner guy either."

Heheh so much fun shall be had.

Rouailtagh
Tue, 04-19-2005, 12:57 PM
I dunno about that one. I know the press release stated Naruto is slated for airing on Cartoon Network in Q3 of 2005, which is sometime in the summer. The problem lies in WHERE it would be put. I watched Yu Yu Hakusho for a long time on Adult Swim, and then they moved it to Toonami (back when it was pretty much in the place Muguzi is now) and I noticed a big difference. In Toonami, they cut out a lot of scenes altogether deemed too violent from it's Adult Swim time. And I do know even then it was censored further from it's original japanese origin.

But given Toonami's playing time (8pm to 11pm on Saturday) it stands to reason they will edit it assuming more younger teenagers will be watching, say around 13 years or so. Which would really not be a good thing to those of us who have already seen it. I'd watched a couple of episodes just to see how the dubbing and translation goes though.

But to be honest I would have to agree with the DVD releases, unedited and simply subtitled. There's really not a good hope you'll get good dubbing, and we're all used to the subtitles anyway. Heck, anyone who is considered even a lightweight anime buff should be used to subtitles.

I personally don't want to see merchandising out the wazoo though. I feel such things cheapen the overall product such merchandising stems from. But that won't be helped, unless they do unedited DVD releases I don't think I'll be moving much out from the fansubs here barring watching a few on cartoon network to gauge how well/poorly they did it.

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 05-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Hey i'm just curious to hear your opinions. What would you think if most of the naruto music was cut out of the american release and replaced with different music. I wonder how much outrage that will produce considering that how many people out there love the naruto music.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 05-04-2005, 05:28 PM
as long as they won't add words to 'rise and fight' and make it "i'm naruto, i'm gonna hit you, like i did with ebisu, yeah yeah yeah!' I won't really mind, Naruto music isn't that great, in fact, most of the endings and opennings are crap, and the BGM never sounded important enough to make me think "wow, there is a music playing in the background', go watch any bee train anime if you want something good.
oh, and they better not change Kakashi's theme, it's got a great sonic feeling to it.

XanBcoo
Fri, 05-06-2005, 01:04 AM
Some of the OPs and EDs are my favorite songs...={

How DID DBZ get so big in the first place??

daisukekamiya
Fri, 05-06-2005, 06:05 PM
I think it will be bigger then DBZ i hope....since naruto's art is better and they have more back story.....but i hope they dont screw over haku by making him a girl.

Deblas
Fri, 05-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by: daisukekamiya
I think it will be bigger then DBZ i hope....since naruto's art is better and they have more back story.....but i hope they dont screw over haku by making him a girl.

Ohh shit! Please don't say that. If so they will probably give him a crappy name like Amy ( not insulting those whose name is Amy BTW. What I mean is...weeell....you know what I mean)

Death BOO Z
Fri, 05-06-2005, 06:45 PM
nope, they'll call her (him, they'll make him a her) snow,cuz it's the direct translation, and no one asked questions when they used the name in dragon ball.

of course, there's still the possibility they'll decide to be extra stupid and use the spanish word for snow as the name in order to draw in the lation crowed, never underestimate the power of money in the capitalistic system.

oh, and DBZ got so big becuase it was good, and it still, except the bad parts.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 05-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Haha except the bad parts i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

DBZ got so big cause it didnt have a lot of shows like it when it was new if it came out now most people wouldnt like it....

Rhanfahl
Tue, 05-24-2005, 03:08 AM
Well, I think this is a moot question really... I was watching Dragon Ball Z when there were only like 10 episodes in English and you had to wake up at like 4 in the fucking morning to watch it. It was right before Ultraman and The Botz Master. It was the most obscure of Cult Classics, but then at this time ALL anime were cult classics and you could count all the ones that weren't porn on on hand... Needless to say SOME American marketers know exactly how to make the product work...(those fuckers who market a drug and tell you to consult your doctor before taking it without telling you WHAT THE FUCK ITS FOR.... I don't know how they made it in this world as marketers) But as with "DBZ" so shall it probably be with Naruto...It will be bigger than Spaceballs : The breakfast cereal, and Spaceballs: the Toilet paper combined. And all of the fans will feel like shit because there will be millions of fucking 9 year olds running around school with their favorite village's Shinobi Hachigane on their head, or Sharingan contacts, and Naruto Lunch kettles, underoos, T-shirts, stickers, and whatever the fuck else you can brand the images onto....don't worry....its coming...

This is simply the calm before the storm, and when it hits... its going hit like throwing a cow into the prop of a B-52

Rouailtagh said:

I dunno about that one. I know the press release stated Naruto is slated for airing on Cartoon Network in Q3 of 2005, which is sometime in the summer. The problem lies in WHERE it would be put. I watched Yu Yu Hakusho for a long time on Adult Swim, and then they moved it to Toonami (back when it was pretty much in the place Muguzi is now) and I noticed a big difference. In Toonami, they cut out a lot of scenes altogether deemed too violent from it's Adult Swim time. And I do know even then it was censored further from it's original japanese origin.

But given Toonami's playing time (8pm to 11pm on Saturday) it stands to reason they will edit it assuming more younger teenagers will be watching, say around 13 years or so. Which would really not be a good thing to those of us who have already seen it. I'd watched a couple of episodes just to see how the dubbing and translation goes though.

But to be honest I would have to agree with the DVD releases, unedited and simply subtitled. There's really not a good hope you'll get good dubbing, and we're all used to the subtitles anyway. Heck, anyone who is considered even a lightweight anime buff should be used to subtitles.

I personally don't want to see merchandising out the wazoo though. I feel such things cheapen the overall product such merchandising stems from. But that won't be helped, unless they do unedited DVD releases I don't think I'll be moving much out from the fansubs here barring watching a few on cartoon network to gauge how well/poorly they did it.

Can anyone say " HFIL ".....sigh..... and I remember when Buu said things that made me make sure children that could read weren't present. He swore worse than I do! Naruto is going to get edited so bad that they'll be able to put 2 episodes in to one.... and all the cool techniques are going to be transformed too, Makkenkosappo becomes "special beam cannon of swirlie gay light!".... then all the wonderful background music that made us either go out and buy the soundtrack, or (for the more destitute fan such as mysefl) illegially download it from one of millions of avenues on the internet, shall be replaced by "Disturbed" and other shitty death metal groups.... They'll probably also get some dipshit narriator with a deep voice they'll think is "cool, hip, in, and dramatic" to further fuck things up.

2/16/2005 was a dark day indeed...

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 05-26-2005, 01:17 AM
All hope seems lost. Naruto is comming to the states this september. I actually got contact information for the guy who manages the toonami programming block. I organized an aggresive marketing campaign in order to grab his attention but unfortunatly I have yet to receive a response. To bad, although if this changes in the not to distant future you guys will be the first to know. We are now in the calm before the storm and the best we can hope for is that the filler arc of the comic dosen't last to much longer.

If there is one thing we can take solice in is that when all the nine-year-olds are swarming around our ankles we can simply brush them aside by revealing big plot spoilers.

"Hey you like that guy with the really big sword? We'll don't get to attached to him because he isn't going to last to much longer."

"Hey you know that guy who sounds like Michael Jackson in the forest of death? don't you know he kills the hokage."

"Yeah that's right naruto fights sasuke, but then he gets black lipstick and demonic wings and kicks his ass, that's right naruto loses, he fails to keep his promise."

MWhahahahahahaha much fun shall be had, so much fun shall be had in the not to distant future.

Psyke
Thu, 05-26-2005, 01:22 AM
If there is one thing we can take solice in is that when all the nine-year-olds are swarming around our ankles we can simply brush them aside by revealing big plot spoilers.

"Hey you like that guy with the really big sword? We'll don't get to attached to him because he isn't going to last to much longer."

"Hey you know that guy who sounds like Michael Jackson in the forest of death? don't you know he kills the hokage."

"Yeah that's right naruto fights sasuke, but then he gets black lipstick and demonic wings and kicks his ass, that's right naruto loses, he fails to keep his promise."

MWhahahahahahaha much fun shall be had, so much fun shall be had in the not to distant future.

Some of them might just crowd around you and go "And then? And then?"......

SK
Thu, 05-26-2005, 08:16 AM
i think naruto has the potential to be bigger than pokeman was, but not on toonami and cartoon network. it needs to be on a normal saturday morning block for it to be real successful. i hope it is successful in the u.s., we still have our subs. if it becomes successful over here then we get the PS2 games, thats all i want...

Psyke
Thu, 05-26-2005, 08:45 AM
But then the PS2 games would have the english voices as well, and that would suck. I remember playing on the old PS1 Gundam Battle Assault games and my entire experience with it sucked due to the voices......

You can't really beat Sasuke shouting "Chiiiiidori!" or Naruto shouting "Rasennnngann!". Although the US show might keep these move names but I don't think they will ever be as good as the japanese voices.

Rhanfahl
Fri, 05-27-2005, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
i think naruto has the potential to be bigger than pokeman was, but not on toonami and cartoon network. it needs to be on a normal saturday morning block for it to be real successful. i hope it is successful in the u.s., we still have our subs. if it becomes successful over here then we get the PS2 games, thats all i want...

I agree on that one...but also agree with Psyke. It'll be nice to have the games, but the voices will suck. Is there some sort of mod chip for PS2? Well anyways, if they make a PS3 one, you should be in luck, I've heard that the PS3 is supposed to do away with the difference ins JAP NTSC and US NTSC and maybe even read PAL stuff. That would be the shit, then you wouldn't have to make so many different versions of shit, and everything would be compatible. Currently the Naruto games out though sadly didn't look all that impressive though. Ultimately the one made at the end of the series will rule because everyone and there momma will probably be playable, and everyone should have ALL of their techniques. Cause I dont' think Naruto even has Rasengan in the current ones. But I'm not really sure.

FlatulationNoJutsu
Fri, 05-27-2005, 11:54 PM
Oh, come on now! We all know what's going to happen. Sure, they're going to keep the original names of jutsus and such, but what lurks on the dark horizon is what should strike fear into all of your hearts. That's right! A Hip-Hop based soundtrack! We all heard the AMAZING One Piece Rap, and let me tell you, it won't stop at One Piece.

50 Cent, dubbed by me as "Biggest Dumbshit in the History of All Creation" claims to be, get this, a ROLE MODEL! (WTF?!) That's right folks! 50 Cent himself, the self-proclaimed role model of the new century, shall mold the future of the world through his oh-so-morally-correct ways. I'm telling you, kids younger and younger are getting into the whole "G" scene, hell I've seen kids around the age of 10 and under dressed in FULL GANGSTER APPAREL. Maybe if we're lucky we'll be able to witness the explosion of Randy "Macho Man" Savage's amazing talent through the naruto dub! (http://www.machoman.com/) Hip-Hop Anime! The wave of the future! Oooohhh Yeah! But of course, it will be "mild" Hip-Hop, therefore you will hear the children screaming: "Get yo' behind back here fo' I bust a Chidori in it!". Welcome to the shithole that humanity (mainly on televison) has plummeted into.

Like Rhanfahl said: "It will be bigger than Spaceballs : The breakfast cereal, and Spaceballs: the Toilet paper combined. And all of the fans will feel like shit because there will be millions of fucking 9 year olds running around school with their favorite village's Shinobi Hachigane on their head, or Sharingan contacts, and Naruto Lunch kettles, underoos, T-shirts, stickers, and whatever the fuck else you can brand the images onto"

That's how I would "successfully" market, plaster anything Naruto related onto anything it could possibly go on, It's a sure-win. Again, like Rhanfahl said: "....don't worry....its coming..." Really guys, don't worry about it, because it IS coming, and there's nothing we can do about it, so just let it all sink deeper into the pit of absolute crap and try not to get pulled in yourself. Have a nice day everyone, and if I offended anyone with this post, I am sorry, I am only sharing my opinion.

Rhanfahl
Sun, 05-29-2005, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by: FlatulationNoJutsu
Oh, come on now! We all know what's going to happen. Sure, they're going to keep the original names of jutsus and such, but what lurks on the dark horizon is what should strike fear into all of your hearts. That's right! A Hip-Hop based soundtrack! We all heard the AMAZING One Piece Rap, and let me tell you, it won't stop at One Piece.

50 Cent, dubbed by me as "Biggest Dumbshit in the History of All Creation" claims to be, get this, a ROLE MODEL! (WTF?!) That's right folks! 50 Cent himself, the self-proclaimed role model of the new century, shall mold the future of the world through his oh-so-morally-correct ways. I'm telling you, kids younger and younger are getting into the whole "G" scene, hell I've seen kids around the age of 10 and under dressed in FULL GANGSTER APPAREL. Maybe if we're lucky we'll be able to witness the explosion of Randy "Macho Man" Savage's amazing talent through the naruto dub! (http://www.machoman.com/) Hip-Hop Anime! The wave of the future! Oooohhh Yeah! But of course, it will be "mild" Hip-Hop, therefore you will hear the children screaming: "Get yo' behind back here fo' I bust a Chidori in it!". Welcome to the shithole that humanity (mainly on televison) has plummeted into.

Like Rhanfahl said: "It will be bigger than Spaceballs : The breakfast cereal, and Spaceballs: the Toilet paper combined. And all of the fans will feel like shit because there will be millions of fucking 9 year olds running around school with their favorite village's Shinobi Hachigane on their head, or Sharingan contacts, and Naruto Lunch kettles, underoos, T-shirts, stickers, and whatever the fuck else you can brand the images onto"

That's how I would "successfully" market, plaster anything Naruto related onto anything it could possibly go on, It's a sure-win. Again, like Rhanfahl said: "....don't worry....its coming..." Really guys, don't worry about it, because it IS coming, and there's nothing we can do about it, so just let it all sink deeper into the pit of absolute crap and try not to get pulled in yourself. Have a nice day everyone, and if I offended anyone with this post, I am sorry, I am only sharing my opinion.

So...did were the ten year olds totally decked out, complete with Glocks?
Oh, and yeah, anyone hear the shit soundtrack to Samurai Champloo? That can't be from the original....can it?

FlatulationNoJutsu
Sun, 05-29-2005, 10:34 PM
Not with weapons, no. However, they DO make rediculously stupid faces trying to look tough. Walking like a crippled person also seems to be a hobby of theirs. As for Champloo, which soundtrack did you get? I have the "Impression" OST, the one with with that Hiji Zuru STYLE song. I actually like that song because I make up engrish lyrics for the chorus, so it's always fun.

Lefty
Sun, 05-29-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by: Rhanfahl
Oh, and yeah, anyone hear the shit soundtrack to Samurai Champloo? That can't be from the original....can it?

Yes, yes it is. The music is actually really good stuff...If you have any decent taste. Most sereis don't have their soundtraks replaced anymore, unless 4kids gets it.

Rhanfahl
Mon, 05-30-2005, 12:41 AM
Oh, ok, well I guess it kind of fits, I've only ever watched the first ep on Adult swim, and I wasn't sure if it was one of those things where they change the soundtrack for the "english" version.. I.E. DragonBall Z going from cheezy (but at least original and fitting for the time) 90s pop music to "Disturbed"...

LobsterMagnet
Tue, 05-31-2005, 12:27 PM
The great dark age is upon us! I have seen it I have seen naruto on american television. If your interested go to naruto fan right now. They have the promo ready for download to all who dare see the comming of the end.

Although in all seriousness it dosen't look that bad, at least not yet. They didn't show any of the american voices but I guess since there not cast yet it does make sense. Should be interesting the add focuses on the school even though anyone who knows anything about naruto can tell you that the school isn't the main focus of the series and gets completly forgotten after the first episode. Wish I could find the links to the Toonami forum so I can read the ten year olds reactions to this footage.

FlatulationNoJutsu
Thu, 06-02-2005, 01:23 AM
My name is N'rewdo Oozewm'kee, and I'm going to become Head Ninja! I will become the best Head Ninja ever! With the help of my friends Sawsook and S'kuura, I will learn all kinds of cool neenjutsew! /cue Macho Man Hip-Hop music.

Welcome to Television!

Lefty
Thu, 06-02-2005, 02:18 AM
It's not going to be that bad. Good god people. FMA was treated preety good in the translation and dubing. Naruto will get the same.

Edit: Finaly Jounin.

Rhanfahl
Wed, 06-15-2005, 09:47 PM
FMA was also in the hands of Squeenix....not VIZ....remember Fist of The North Star anyone?.....ugh....

Edit:
But yes...there were some good dubs. I'm pretty fond of the job done on Cowboy Bebop and Wolf's Rain wasn't too bad (even though I didn't really like Wolf's Rain). The point is that good dubbing can be named on one or two hands...while bad dubbing...well you'd need to be a millipede to have that many digits.

XanBcoo
Fri, 06-17-2005, 11:04 PM
FMA was in the hands of Funimation...odly enough. It seems that for a title such as that, they did away with their "change the music/script" policy. Good thing too.

Naruto's Music won't be changed. I don't think Viz has done any serious changes to any of it's more mature series (that's excluding Hamtaro). I really don't have enough experience w/this studio to tell. Ages ago, I was hoping it'd get licensed by Bandai. Oh well.

Personally I don't think it'll be the next pokemon or DBZ. I agree w/whoever said the "it needs to be on a saturday morning block" thing. That's the only way it'll get more popular than any of the other anime they have showing on CN right now.

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 06-18-2005, 12:19 AM
Yesh finally someone who agrees with me about the whole saturday morning thing. Honestly I think that's the best way to ensure the most fast growth for naruto. It could happen, not uncommon for CN programming to cross over to the WB saturday morning block. Saturday night is probably the worst time slot imaginable. I find it very difficult to imagine kids gathering around to watch toonami block with the latest imported anime with that stupid CGI robot in the spaceship.

Although what I've been curious about is if the toonami block has some sort of forums on their website. God I would love to go in there and screw around with the kids about naruto. Same goes for the US Shonen jump forums assuming that they even exist.

XanBcoo
Wed, 06-22-2005, 03:47 PM
Are you kidding???
Tom is the shiznit!
plus, he's voiced by Stephen Blum!

Rhanfahl
Fri, 06-24-2005, 11:52 PM
Yeah, that's right...that Bastard Ted Turner owns AOL, Time, and Warner Bros...therefore Naruto could feasibly be advertized in

1.AIM messenger box
2. WB networks
3. TBS
4. TNT
5. Cartoon Network
6. CNN (It could a news story about the popularity of Japanese cartoons in America today)
7. Time Magazine
8. The shitloads of AOL spy/adware you get on your computer if you use AOL
9. The Moon (Cause I think the rich bastard owns that too)

samsonlonghair
Sat, 06-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Oh, jesus. I just watched that Toonami promo. I can't put into word how much I fucking HATE to hear Naruto pronounced like that.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 06-25-2005, 11:41 PM
Well, that's how Americans pronounce it. Get used to it.

Rhanfahl
Mon, 06-27-2005, 01:01 PM
I still haven't seen it, do they at least say "Na ru to"? or do they say something more like "Nah roo doh"?

TheFlash
Wed, 06-29-2005, 02:50 AM
if u where to tell me wut to tell them to do to guide naruto to sucessful i would tell them first of all

1. dub it better dont get those ghetto ass people that sounds really freaking fake to talk, that stuff gets really freaking annoying. and i had it up to the roof top of that sarcastic talking, its soo sarcastic that i feel so insulted......
2. dont cencor anything leave it the way it is.
3. a matter of fact dont change anything, naruto is a anime that target teens, most of the fans r teens dont change that and make it for little kids, its stupid and i dont care wut the white folks or the mama's think.
4. also understand the fact, if the company wants to make money make it more cooler to promote it.
5. AND I WILL REPEAT AGAIN GET BETTER DUBBERS, I FREAKING HATE THE GUTS OUT OF THE SARCASTIC SPEAKERS, MAKES ME WANNA PUNCH THEM...

XanBcoo
Wed, 06-29-2005, 09:01 PM
I for to think criticizing Dub studios need better grammar you do.

At least we know Kakashi's VA is a good actor. I'm not worrying as much now, as far as he goes. But chances are they'll pick some no-name, crappy actor who's just starting to play another main character. It seems studios do that a lot.

I don't understand your point in #4.

TheFlash
Fri, 07-01-2005, 01:42 AM
ooo its BS, i jus wanted to add more #'s lmao, lol