PDA

View Full Version : Gimme some freaking manga

Munsu
Wed, 01-26-2005, 05:22 AM
OK this is plain and simple...

just write me down a list with manga recommendations and the group that releases them... that's all..

if you want to add a reason for your recommendation that is an added bonus...

at the moment im getting Naruto, Bleach, Beserk, Death Note, and Blade of the Immortal...

feel free to recommend me anything...

thanks....

Ryllharu
Wed, 01-26-2005, 09:02 AM
based off what you're already reading...

Shaman King: Various groups, currently by manga-rain
Gantz: various groups, currently by shocwave [far batter than the series, actually continues]
Tenjou Tenge: various groups, currently by Evil-Genius [again, vast improvements over the equivalent average series]

Two groups good for browsing: Yanime and AnimeWaves. Good groups with a fairly broad choice of manga.

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 01-26-2005, 09:32 AM
Hajime no Ippo: Snoopy Cool continues where the anime left of it's great

Winged Dancer
Wed, 01-26-2005, 09:39 AM
Yakitate! Japan, by snoopycool.

MangaScreener has a few good series and sometimes with direct downloads.

Shoujomagic for romatic manga, but I don't think you'll be interested =P

Finally, I recommend MONSTER by MangaScreener. Is a complete project and its a _great_ manga, well-written and high drawing quality.

Stoopider
Wed, 01-26-2005, 09:49 AM
If you like Monster.. Get "20th Century Boys". Written by same writer, but this time the plot is deeper darker and better.

There's one similar to Gantz, but I don't know how frequent it comes out.. "Tokko". Wish there was more. Onlly something like 3 chapters out so far i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Oh Yeah.. get "One Piece"! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif Fits the fighting description. Kinda like Naruto.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 01-26-2005, 11:13 AM
Best manga ever with Berserk and Ippo is Vagabond. You will never find better art in a manga and its about Miyamoto Musashi's life what more do you need.

but i recomend you buy it since it much better than reading on pc art wise.

Terracosmo
Wed, 01-26-2005, 12:43 PM
You getting JoJo's Bizarre Adventure yet? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

PSJ
Wed, 01-26-2005, 01:51 PM
i dont have any suggestions but i do want to know where you get a hold of blade of the immortal.

Munsu
Wed, 01-26-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
You getting JoJo's Bizarre Adventure yet?

lol... i havent downloaded it yet... but I intend to...

i've been saying that for a year now...

for blade of the immortal i got it a while back from fservers...

you can check the bots in #ckmoney @ irc.irchighway.net and fservers in #manga-sketchbook

Terracosmo
Wed, 01-26-2005, 04:50 PM
Get it goddamnit

it will keep you occupied for a loong time

NM
Wed, 01-26-2005, 10:01 PM
Full Metal Alchemist: It follows the anime but at about episode 22 or so, the anime drifted off from the manga so you'd be reading the true FMA story. But the anime was just as good i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. FMA is scanslated by both Evil Genius and Anime-Source.

I was just wondering but is their a manga for Cowboy Bebop available? And Gundam Seed/Destiny?

Y
Wed, 01-26-2005, 10:16 PM
There is a Bebop manga. It's basically side stories (the anime was the original material) and is, frankly, god awful. There are several SEED manga available, like the manga adaptation of the show (again, show came first), and two side story mangas, Astray and Astray R, I think.

Munsu
Thu, 01-27-2005, 05:51 AM
ok Terra... just started downloading your precious Jojo...

I also started downloading 20th Century Boys...

any more recommendations?

Hakeem_21
Sat, 02-05-2005, 04:42 PM
If you want futuristic manga get Battle Angel Alita, if you want samurai get Lone Wolf and Cub.

Terracosmo
Sat, 02-05-2005, 05:19 PM
More recommendations?

All you need is JoJo. ALLLL!!!!!!

Hakeem_21
Sat, 02-05-2005, 08:48 PM
What its so good about JoJo im courios after you talkina about it all the timei/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Terracosmo
Sat, 02-05-2005, 09:40 PM
What's so good about JoJo?!?!?!

1. Best story and continuation in a manga ever.

2. Best fights in a manga EVER. And no this is not an exaggeration. The fights are so fucking good that you'll think of Naruto's fights as brainless brawl for 5-year olds after reading JoJo.

3. Great length, epic feeling.

4. DIO BRANDO (http://www.geocities.com/noriaki_kakyouin/dio.jpg)
(if the link doesn't work due to geoshitties just head here http://www.geocities.com/noriaki_kakyouin/world.htm though beware of spoilers)

Hakeem_21
Sun, 02-06-2005, 08:59 PM
Ok i will read a chap or two and see what this manga is like if it is great all the more fun for me.

Terracosmo
Sun, 02-06-2005, 09:02 PM
The manga itself is very "unique", so read a few volumes before you decide on what you think of it.
It needs some time to evolve into the awesomeness that it is.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 02-06-2005, 09:04 PM
Ok will do

Munsu
Sat, 02-12-2005, 09:14 AM
kai...

give me some manga

Hakeem_21
Sat, 02-12-2005, 01:56 PM
Here are more Bud

Bowling King- funny as hell and the bowling games are pretty good but the best thing is that main characther is soo funny.

Beck- much much better than the anime

Shura No Mon- better fights than Shura No Toki

Midori No Hibi

Munsu
Mon, 02-14-2005, 01:10 PM
getting Shura no Mon right now... ive wanted to get it since i started Shura no Toki anime

Hakeem_21
Mon, 02-14-2005, 02:27 PM
The art isnt all that great cause the manga is pretty old but he does alot more moves than the three mutsus in Shura No Toki.

Munsu
Mon, 02-21-2005, 01:38 PM
hakeem... any chance you can hook me up with Shura no Mon, or do you know a direct download site..

and you asses, keep recommending

Hakeem_21
Mon, 02-21-2005, 02:17 PM
I can hook you up no problem just pm your mail adress and i send it to you.

relevasius
Tue, 02-22-2005, 02:59 AM
everything at Omanga.net