PDA

View Full Version : My Brother Can Just Suck My...

Munsu
Fri, 01-21-2005, 01:18 AM
Glad to see that my Chouji Alive thread is still.. alive... even though im not a manga reader...

But my f*cking brother just spoiled me more about the current situation with Kimimaro....

He tells me that Gaara and Lee show up and fight...

Come on... WTF!!!! LEE!!??? fighting!!!!?? lol...

He also spoiled me about Naruto fighting Sasuke (which was a high probability) but now is a done deal in my mind...

I'm gonna piss on him while he sleeps....

There... I let it all out.. hope you enjoyed the 30 seconds of reading this post...

Now... this is no pointless thread, this is an all goes thread... just speak about anything... there no need to close it

basey44
Fri, 01-21-2005, 01:38 AM
well the sasuke naruto is pretty obvious from the last scenes in the intro, im surprised no anime people have picked up on it yet.

Y
Fri, 01-21-2005, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by: basey_69
well the sasuke naruto is pretty obvious from the last scenes in the intro, im surprised no anime people have picked up on it yet.

Uh, they have. I'm pretty sure if you made a poll "will naruto and sasuke fight in this arc" you'd get a lot of yes votes.

Lee returning from the surgery is absolutely retarded. I was hoping that at MOST he would be active again after the time jump; a fucking surgery on your spinal cord doesn't repair it in weeks or months. Much less a few fucking hours. If Lee was only reviving himself by opening the heal gate, he should be crippled again from Kimimaro's blows.

It would actually add some poignancy to the series if Lee tried to fight and then permanently crippled himself, but so much for that. Kishimoto is always reluctant to kill a character he may be able to parade around again. Just like fucking Gaara for that matter. But at least Gaara's personality changed, Lee will never develop again.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 01-21-2005, 05:46 AM
Bud then its good time start reading the manga cause ep 119 was alot better in the manga.

One of my brothers is also anime watching only, he heard me and my other brother talking about how cool Kimi is ,he was angry about hearing his name. When he saw ep 119 he was like "why didnt you tell how cool he is"i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

sangai
Fri, 01-21-2005, 06:11 AM
*sigh.....
sometimes i wonder why they only watch the anime, id go nuts if i coulndn't know more then i already did.

im diein right now waitin for the next chapter, needs it soon or ima just die.im droolin in aticipation.

Doc
Fri, 01-21-2005, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien

Lee returning from the surgery is absolutely retarded. I was hoping that at MOST he would be active again after the time jump; a fucking surgery on your spinal cord doesn't repair it in weeks or months. Much less a few fucking hours.

Yea because we've never seen instant healing from anyone in the show.

PSJ
Fri, 01-21-2005, 07:19 AM
first thing, lee isnt completly healed he drinks sake and fight drunken fist style because he still got pain and the surgery wasnt done a few hours before they went out it was never mentioned in the manga when they did it the anime just fucked it up like always god damn fucking anime director pieces of shit.

so the conclusion is to get full pleasure out form naruto read the manga and then watch the anime to see them in color while moving.

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 01-21-2005, 08:22 AM
yeah read the manga you'll love it it's 10x better then the anime will ever be

Death BOO Z
Fri, 01-21-2005, 09:47 AM
--------quate---
first thing, lee isnt completly healed he drinks sake and fight drunken fist style because he still got pain and the surgery wasnt done a few hours before they went out it was never mentioned in the manga when they did it the anime just fucked it up like always god damn fucking anime director pieces of shit.
-----------------------

Lee's surgery began in the manga after the genin five left the village, they show us that after Naruto leaves Tsunade turns around to lee and they go together to the hospital. add to that the fact that the crippeled Lee rested in the hospital for a few hours before leaving and still managed to catch up to everybody in time to fight kimimaru, and you reach the conclusion that logically, Lee should have never been there, and nor should the sand ninjas...

Assertn
Fri, 01-21-2005, 12:56 PM
"At best, the highest rate of success for such an operation would only be 50%...if it fails, he will DIE!! Even if it is successful, he must endure extensive rehabilitation" - Tsunade ch 173 04-05

for a ninja to be able to heal completely within a few hours is perfectly acceptable in the naruto world. Look at kabuto for example.
But what i'd like to know, is how the hell did this "extensive rehabilitation" last only a few hours??

Death BOO Z: You do realize, that this whole chase has been going on for like, a day now, right? Didnt the genins leave in the morning, and its already morning once again?
not only are the sand nins so fast at traveling through terrain that they got through the forest of death several hours faster than the record, but I'm sure tsunade called on their help right after she sent shikamaru.

Trip
Fri, 01-21-2005, 01:50 PM
The whole Lee coming to the rescue is probally the biggest oversight in the manga, the anime has tried to help be putting a bit more time in between the operation and the kimi fight, but it's still a bit over the top, even for Naruto.

The sand ninjas? I thought that was a good way to finish the story arc. As AssernFailure says, the sans nins are very quick so it makes more sense for them to get there that quickly that it does for Lee.

PSJ
Fri, 01-21-2005, 03:05 PM
okay i can admit that i was wrong about lee's surgery but its naruto. and the sand nins catching up isnt so weird since the sound 4 said that they would get back to oro in a day if there wasnt any interferance so the sand nins could easily catch up without interferance. and if they hadnt the genins would be dead..... more fun with lots of sand nins and lee and stuff.

Assertn
Fri, 01-21-2005, 04:57 PM
i think the anime's approach to lee's recovery was worse than in the manga.
In the manga, the main thing holding lee back was the operation he still needed to have. An operation only takes like an hour or so.

In the anime, the main thing holding lee back was the rehabilitation process after the operation. In the manga you can assume that there was no real rehabilitation process (even though tsunade insisted on there being one), but the anime made him look weak after the surgery, and the transition from trying to walk up a flight of stairs to catching up with the genins is alot less believable than catching up with the genins after a successful operation.

PSJ
Fri, 01-21-2005, 07:53 PM
very true besides in the anime he drinks special medicin not sake, the best choice for his little trip would be the sake...

Death BOO Z
Fri, 01-21-2005, 07:53 PM
I'll accept that it might be possible for the sand ninjas to be much faster than others, but it still makes very little sence...
as you said, they all left at 0500, and now it's about 12 hours after that? (it's still daylight, and i doubt that they took a break for the night), but remember that Tsunade probably sent for help after she sent the genins (she didn't think that oro's elite group would be there), and the messanger to the sane village had to spend time getting there, and considering that Sasuke and Naruto arrived the leaf border only recently, they need to be hella fast to get there....

possible? yes. but it still smells like someone seriously messed up ...

basey44
Sat, 01-22-2005, 12:38 AM
i think its more than 12 hours later, isnt it the next day cos i remember them saying they wanted to wait for light or something otherwise itd be too risky to take tha barrel

RasenDori
Sat, 01-22-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
i think the anime's approach to lee's recovery was worse than in the manga.
In the manga, the main thing holding lee back was the operation he still needed to have. An operation only takes like an hour or so.

In the anime, the main thing holding lee back was the rehabilitation process after the operation. In the manga you can assume that there was no real rehabilitation process (even though tsunade insisted on there being one), but the anime made him look weak after the surgery, and the transition from trying to walk up a flight of stairs to catching up with the genins is alot less believable than catching up with the genins after a successful operation.

well, theres always the consideration that lee may be a in a terible amount of pain at the time, which is why he bothers (or attepmts) to bring medication with him. lee could be taking the pain like a man the same way that kimimaro is moving with a body that shouldnt move. in fact, that was my original thought when lee first returned. i thought lee versus kimimaro would be a fight between 2 people standing up on while power alone. shame that isnt the way it turned out, it would have been way deeper.

Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
I'll accept that it might be possible for the sand ninjas to be much faster than others, but it still makes very little sence...
as you said, they all left at 0500, and now it's about 12 hours after that? (it's still daylight, and i doubt that they took a break for the night), but remember that Tsunade probably sent for help after she sent the genins (she didn't think that oro's elite group would be there), and the messanger to the sane village had to spend time getting there, and considering that Sasuke and Naruto arrived the leaf border only recently, they need to be hella fast to get there....

possible? yes. but it still smells like someone seriously messed up ...

dude, theyve got powerlines, ear pieces, and televison. why shouldnt they have telephones too?in this day in age communication is a simple task. the sand is only a phone call away. hell theres no reason why all ninja teams shouldnt travel with advanced communications. having trouble? call the leaf up for reinforcements!

PSJ
Sat, 01-22-2005, 11:50 AM
correct its 24 hours after they left, and dont underestimate tsunade, she is hokage and wouldnt send out a 5 man genin team without any backup.

Assertn
Sat, 01-22-2005, 02:53 PM
as you said, they all left at 0500, and now it's about 12 hours after that? (it's still daylight, and i doubt that they took a break for the night)

no, i'd say more like 24 hours.......
remember that episode where it was getting dark and shikamaru talked about how his kage mane doesnt work without any light?
now watch the episode where naruto catches up with kimimaro in the field, its daylight again.

therefore, its the next morning after they left

jing
Sat, 01-22-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
Glad to see that my Chouji Alive thread is still.. alive... even though im not a manga reader...

But my f*cking brother just spoiled me more about the current situation with Kimimaro....

He tells me that Gaara and Lee show up and fight...

Come on... WTF!!!! LEE!!??? fighting!!!!?? lol...

He also spoiled me about Naruto fighting Sasuke (which was a high probability) but now is a done deal in my mind...

I'm gonna piss on him while he sleeps....

There... I let it all out.. hope you enjoyed the 30 seconds of reading this post...

Now... this is no pointless thread, this is an all goes thread... just speak about anything... there no need to close it

Well, in that case GET READING. http://www.stoptazmo.com/naruto/

Death BOO Z
Sat, 01-22-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

no, i'd say more like 24 hours.......
remember that episode where it was getting dark and shikamaru talked about how his kage mane doesnt work without any light?
now watch the episode where naruto catches up with kimimaro in the field, its daylight again.

therefore, its the next morning after they left

I've been checking things in the manga in the past few mintues...
in chapter 198, Neji kicks the dust and we see the sun up.
a page later, there's a scene that Kiba says that they getting closer.
a few pages later, we're nearing dusk, and Tayuya says that it's been half a day since thier mission began.
----which is completly crap since they've been in the leaf village for at least 24H, and consider that they had to get to the vilage before.
And we see the moon up.
now to chapter 199 (volume 23), theres a color page (done in the original manga, not by inane) and it's mornning already, meanning that a night passed now.

so my question is "why did Kiba say that they're close if they had to continue chasing for the night (at least 8 hours)?"
if someone actually believes that ninjas, in a middle of a chase (both the chasers and the ones being chased) take a break for the night and camp out, he should be shot for being stupid.

and about the powerlines and telephones: sure, it could be possible, but considering Kakashi gets messages through bird-mail, I refuse to believe it.

Phoenix23
Sat, 01-22-2005, 10:21 PM
so my question is "why did Kiba say that they're close if they had to continue chasing for the night (at least 8 hours)?"
I got the impression that it was because they didn't want to give it a try while it was dark...

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 01-22-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by: Phoenix23

I got the impression that it was because they didn't want to give it a try while it was dark...

Actually that's exactly the reason why.

basey44
Sun, 01-23-2005, 04:22 AM
yea, they were very close but didnt want to attack at night because of the risks, so they stayed just behind them

PSJ
Tue, 01-25-2005, 09:46 AM
well death boo they got telephone lines and powerlines they got refrigirators, tvs, radios the whole shit exept cars and guns. kishimoto said in an interveiw that he wanted them to live in a modern society for the expetion of vechiles(sp?) and guns.

Munsu
Tue, 01-25-2005, 09:39 PM
i think they didn't want to attack in the night because Shikamaru would have limited use of his techniques (i could be wrong, but i think i heard him say that)... also some other reasons like darkness might hinder their success rate...

anyways i decided to pick up the manga again (since the anime just caught up to were i left off originally)....

All the battles in the middle I have to say that they are crap... Shika's and Kiba's fights are the crappiest battles in all of Naruto... and add to that long as hell...

Kimi didn't look as badass as I expected him to be... he could've done better...

the Sasuke background chapters... long and boring also...

Now... that Naruto vs Sasuke fight was simply nothing less than excellent... everything was excuted very well... and Sasuke winning in the end was the best choice the author could've made...

I'm on chapter 239 at the moment.. i'll catch you guys in a bit...

jing
Tue, 01-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Shika's battle was gooodd man so strategic. just because it doesn't involve fists doesnt mean its not good... well personally i liked it.

Raven
Tue, 01-25-2005, 10:59 PM
I liked Shika's battle also.

Actually, I didn't mind Kiba's either, because his new move was alright.

basey44
Wed, 01-26-2005, 12:33 AM
kibas got guts, sakon totally didnt expect him to try to kill himself
but still the fights were a bit boring, but i remember the page wen the sand showed up, ah that brought a smile to my face

Munsu
Wed, 01-26-2005, 03:47 AM
ok finally cought up... nice little back story on Kakashi... it would be nice to know what actually happened to Rin (probably died or something)....

And what's the deal with the Naruto manga... it seems that it hasn't been released in a while (judging from forum activity)... so can anyone shed some light on why has it stopped being released and since when... (i think i read someone saying that it should be resumed soon)....

seeing a little bit of the 4th in action was nice also...

basey44
Wed, 01-26-2005, 04:57 AM
kishimoto went on a break i think, probably to figure out what the hell he was gonna do with the manga now
i think it comes back this week