PDA

View Full Version : Episode 72, some things I noticed

gokudagreat
Thu, 01-20-2005, 02:55 PM
I know that if your on this forum your a fan of naruto and in turn have probably seen episode 72 at least once. But over time and from things you learn watching all the way up to now 119, you should watch it again. It has so many revelations of what characters looked like when they are kids. You know the old people on the council with the 3rd hokage? You get to see them as kids. You see kakashi without sharingan, and you see the 4th when hes a little older training kakashi and 2 other kids im not quite sure who they are. But thats what I love about it. The two people that are next to the 4th when hes a kid are not yet revealed in the anime. But chances are if they trained with him they are very powerful, if they are not dead that is. And the people next to kakashi could also be important parts in upcoming episodes and sagas. So i think people should rewatch this episode, especially the last like 5 mins.

I forgot to add that you see naruto in a womans arms, which are most likely his mothers, and she has yet to be revealed.

Also, I dunno if it was just me, but i assumed kakashi would have been in the same group of 3 with gai, which would have been the start of the rivalry. But the kids standing next to kakashi are a boy and girl, and the boy looks nothing like gai. But if that happens to be gai, i wonder what changed him!

On another note, i wonder if you could make an estimate about how old the 4th was when he became hokage, because i think we know how old sarutobi, or the 3rd is. So for example, if sarutobi was 70 when he was finally killed, and jiraiya orochimaru and tsunade are all around like 40 i think (Post if you know any ages more accurately) so then sarutobi was 30 when they were born. so 20 years pass, and jiraiya is old enough to be jounin and train the 4th, and then that makes sarutobi 50 when jiraiya is 20. (This is probably very inaccurate, im just trying to show what i mean by tracing his age back.)

Wait we know that naruto is 13, because in an episode i just recently watched sarutobi is talking about the incident with kyuubi, so that makes it 13 years ago when the 4th died. So do you see what im getting at. Anyways, if we could estimate how old the 4th was when he became hokage, which i think is 20 at most judging from how he looked in flashbacks fighting kyuubi, then we can put a limit on how old naruto can be before he becomes hokage. I think its safe to assume that Naruto will beat the record for fastest hokage, because well yea.

And we can tell by nature of the fact that there is no way Naruto can be hokage level strong without at least some years passing that the anime will prolly come to a climax when naruto is like 16 or 17 or 18.

Mut
Thu, 01-20-2005, 03:28 PM
the sannin are 50.

wirm
Thu, 01-20-2005, 03:50 PM
The characters in the flashbacks and who may have been mentioned so far in the anime certainly seem interesting.

But I can't see this discussion going any further without getting some serious spoilers.

I personally don't read the manga, and I guess you don't either. It's best that some questions are left unanswered.

gokudagreat
Thu, 01-20-2005, 04:02 PM
thanks for the info mut@t@, and even though i dont read the manga, im pretty sure, besides a few things, that this stuff hasnt been revealed to them either, if all these questions were answered, the manga would probably be close to its end, besides its more fun to speculate than to just have the answer

DB_Hunter
Thu, 01-20-2005, 04:32 PM
The sannin are 50, its mentioned in the anime when Jiraiya is on the road with Naruto looking for Tsunade.

gokudagreat
Thu, 01-20-2005, 04:50 PM
thanks, and never mind about the fastest to become hokage, in an episode i just watched, the 1st and second hokages hand over the title to sarutobi when he was like naruto's age now, but back then there was less competition i would think haha. Anyways, naruto will still be the strongest ever.

PSJ
Thu, 01-20-2005, 06:06 PM
no they do not hand over the task to sarutobi at that age they trained sarutobi when he was that old you must have misunderstood what they tried to tell with that. and i dont think naruto will become hokage in the manga i want it to end with naruto becoming a hero of the leaf and still aiming for hokage, that way the 4ths wish would be granted before narutos which would be a nice and touching ending.

gokudagreat
Thu, 01-20-2005, 06:19 PM
I could see that. I could also see the anime ending at the moment that naruto becomes it, and then it shows a little flash foward to him as an older hokage, or something like that.

Maybe i did misunderstand it, but i was watching it and all i heard was "Asu kara omae wa.... hokage"
and that means that starting tomorrow youll be hokage, but yea they probably meant training.

Actually, come to think of it, i would be royally pissed off if naruto didnt become hokage when it ends, that would be like sasuke not killing itachi, which would be gay.

PSJ
Thu, 01-20-2005, 06:28 PM
no sasuke not killing itachi would be for the best if sasuke reaches success by going the easy way for power the whole theme of this show is ruined protecting the ones you love gives you true power and that can overcome all. if sasuke doesnt go narutos way about things he will never kill itachi. and thats how it should be, the best would be if sasuke gets his ass whooped by itachi and then naruto comes and saves sasuke from being killed by defeating itachi so sasuke realizes that you can only get true power form friendship. as for your idea with the flash forward in the last ep that would be a nice touch in the ending credits we see like a time jump 10 years into the future with all the chracters and shit.

Assertn
Thu, 01-20-2005, 07:05 PM
what makes you think the person holding naruto is a woman? that looks like a hokage cloak to me

gokudagreat
Thu, 01-20-2005, 08:59 PM
I dunno it just sort of looked like a woman to me and all, with the thin hands and pink shirt and stuff, but of course i dont honestly know.

And to pervert sennin jiraiya, i agree that sasuke has to realize that to defeat itachi, but i think sasuke must be the one to defeat itachi, if not kill him. It was even mentioned in the anime a few times that only another sharingan user has any chance against him. I could see naruto on the verge of being killed by itachi, and sasuke's want to protect naruto gives him the real power to defeat itachi.

drcitan
Thu, 01-20-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
no sasuke not killing itachi would be for the best if sasuke reaches success by going the easy way for power the whole theme of this show is ruined protecting the ones you love gives you true power and that can overcome all. if sasuke doesnt go narutos way about things he will never kill itachi. and thats how it should be, the best would be if sasuke gets his ass whooped by itachi and then naruto comes and saves sasuke from being killed by defeating itachi so sasuke realizes that you can only get true power form friendship. as for your idea with the flash forward in the last ep that would be a nice touch in the ending credits we see like a time jump 10 years into the future with all the chracters and shit.

Naruto saving Sasuke from Itachi would be lame. Wouldn't it just damper the relationship between them since Naruto already knows not to interfere with Sasuke's famaily business? Hopefully when the two brothers fight it will be just the two of them with no interferences.

gokudagreat
Fri, 01-21-2005, 06:10 AM
I think that naruto will play some part in their fight though. Guessing by how the anime has gone so far, naruto will show sasuke that the power obtained with protecting people is the one that will defeat itachi, and thats how he'll do it.

The problem is that up till this point Itachi is the strongest ninja, who of the introduced characters so far, can only be beaten by jiraiya. He admits it himself that the best he would get out of fighting with jiraiya is them both dying, but anyways, i think eventually Itachi will become stronger than Jiraiya, if he isnt already.

But I cant really see this series ending with naruto beating the strongest person of all. Maybe Orochimaru will figure out a way to be the strongest, or another person will be introduced that is strongest of all and that Naruto will have to defeat. Anyways, it means that the end of this series isnt in sight, and i dont know alot of the manga, but i dont see there being any end to that either.... sigh

PSJ
Fri, 01-21-2005, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by: drcitan

Naruto saving Sasuke from Itachi would be lame. Wouldn't it just damper the relationship between them since Naruto already knows not to interfere with Sasuke's famaily business? Hopefully when the two brothers fight it will be just the two of them with no interferences.

well then why dont you explain where sasuke will change? the whole theme of this show wont be destroyed just so sasuke can win against itachi, akatsuki wants naruto real bad and sasuke knows this so what is the best way to find itachi? fins naruto, after thats done he will challenge itachi and naruto will see the fight sasuke loses and when he is about to die naruto beats itachi up becuase he still thinks of sasuke as a friend this changes sasuke back to a good character. if that doesnt happen and sasuke wins against itachi he will just take off and become a new itachi, he will be exactly like itachi "if you ant true power you need to throw away everything" and that is not what this show is about.

this is one thing i know for sure just wait and see.

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 01-21-2005, 02:25 PM
I totally agree with your idea PSJ, because I have been thinking that's probaby what will happen too. The show has already built up the idea that strength comes from protecting people (through the actions of the characters, and also their words (Kakashi, Sakura -_-) They have already expressed the idea that getting revenge won't get you anything also. So I agree that probably would be something like Naruto saving him.

PSJ
Fri, 01-21-2005, 02:51 PM
thank you finally someone agreeing with this idea i propsed it a few times in the manga section but they shut me down before i got to defend myself in there....

Mut
Fri, 01-21-2005, 02:54 PM
i'm tired of naruto saving everyone. it's about time naruto eats shit.

PSJ
Fri, 01-21-2005, 03:29 PM
yea unfortunaly the show wont change just becuase you want it to....

kooshi
Fri, 01-21-2005, 04:23 PM
Well, I gotta agree with Mut on this, except for the eating shit part, haha. I'd like to see the other characters develop even more.

miaka
Fri, 01-21-2005, 06:03 PM
yes.. i totally agree with you too psj.. i mean already.. sasuke going to oro who attacked his village is treacherous.. and Itachi betrayed his village by killing all of them but sasuke..

Sasuke's revenge is slowly turning him into another Itachi.. and it would make no sense if itachi gets killed just to produce another itachi..

besides Naruto have already showed several times that revenge is not the way.. ex) with gaara

and even had sakura, and kakashi telling sasuke that revenge is not the way.. that's the flow of naruto.. and i doubt it would change..

besides.. sasuke is way to weak now..

Mut
Fri, 01-21-2005, 11:07 PM
yea unfortunaly the show wont change just becuase you want it to....
yes it will.

Sam98034
Sat, 01-22-2005, 06:00 AM
"The two people that are next to the 4th when hes a kid are not yet revealed in the anime. But chances are if they trained with him they are very powerful, if they are not dead that is. "

I'm pretty sure they are actually his two aids. They look a lot alike. They're the guys that asked Jiraiya to be Hokage, and then made him get Tsunade. I think Anko is one of the girls under with Kakashi, even though Oro trained her as well.

PSJ
Sat, 01-22-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by: Sam98034
"The two people that are next to the 4th when hes a kid are not yet revealed in the anime. But chances are if they trained with him they are very powerful, if they are not dead that is. "

I'm pretty sure they are actually his two aids. They look a lot alike. They're the guys that asked Jiraiya to be Hokage, and then made him get Tsunade. I think Anko is one of the girls under with Kakashi, even though Oro trained her as well.

those two aids are 3rd hokages genin teammates not 4ths.

Sam98034
Sat, 01-22-2005, 03:17 PM
hm...you're right, I misunderstood. Unfortunately I don't have Episode 72 anymore. Can anyone post a screen shot of the pic?

gokudagreat
Sat, 01-22-2005, 04:33 PM
i forgot the buttons you have to press in windows media player to take a screen, but yes those 2 aids are definitely the 3rds genin teamates, if you think about it, the people next to the 4th are his age, and the 4th died 13 years ago and from the flashbacks he is clearly young, and he has to be younger than at least the sannin, who are younger than the hokage

and about what people are saying before, you keep saying that the theme of the series will be ruined if sasuke beats itachi, but sasuke could see naruto on the brink of death, and the power of wanting to save him will give him that extra edge to beat itachi

i want naruto to be the best, but sasuke will probably be the one to take out itachi, and hell probably spare his life right before he dies because he will be compassionate at that time or something

Phoenix23
Sat, 01-22-2005, 10:12 PM
OR perhaps Sasuke will actually kill Itachi, and not become a good guy again at all...

gokudagreat
Sat, 01-22-2005, 10:22 PM
maybe, but based on the theme of the anime probably not, i was just watching 110-111 again and i realized i cannot wait to see what the kids look grown up

Phoenix23
Sun, 01-23-2005, 12:21 AM
It wouldn't have to be against the "theme" of the series, IMO... he may reach his goal by using a "shortcut", but he loses a lot by doing so.

PSJ
Sun, 01-23-2005, 08:26 AM
yea and BAM sasuke becomes the new itachi. if that happens sasuke will be exactly like itachi is now and what will he do by then? give his body to oro? join akatsuki? hide under a rock somewhere? altho it is possible that they go far enough for a jiraiya - orochimaru relationship and ends the whole show with the last fight between them.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 01-23-2005, 12:12 PM
Or they realise the irony of it all and decide to just chill out togather instead....

Phoenix23
Sun, 01-23-2005, 12:17 PM
yea and BAM sasuke becomes the new itachi. if that happens sasuke will be exactly like itachi is now and what will he do by then? give his body to oro? join akatsuki? hide under a rock somewhere? altho it is possible that they go far enough for a jiraiya - orochimaru relationship and ends the whole show with the last fight between them.

Orochimaru would likely have to die, otherwise he'd become just another "Sasuke idiot" and try to follow him everywhere (although he would have his own reasons for doing so), and that would be rather lame. It's also possible that Sasuke doesn't become "evil" enough to not return to Konoha, but gradually grows more in that direction (it took Orochimaru longer to leave Konoha).

An even more likely scenario (IMO), however, would be that Orochimaru does get himself a new body - but it's not the body of Uchiha Sasuke...

But then, I'm also convinced that Itachi really cares about his little brother and is only trying to help him, in his own abnormal way. He's had two opportunities to kill him, but did not... *is an Itachi idiot*

gokudagreat
Sun, 01-23-2005, 01:06 PM
Hmm... I think what it is is that Itachi is actually in alot of pain, or suffers inside or is a little crazy or something... But he has become so powerful that he cant find someone who can kill him so he let sasuke live to avenge his family and be able to kill him.. I think sasuke even mentions that in one of the earlier episodes that thats the reason that itachi kept him alive

NM
Sun, 01-23-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by: gokudagreat
i forgot the buttons you have to press in windows media player to take a screen

The buttons to press for screencaptures is: Ctrl + i

gokudagreat
Sun, 01-23-2005, 04:25 PM
thanks a bunch

PSJ
Sun, 01-23-2005, 06:51 PM
im not into this itachi really being good stuff. i went there once but it didnt lead to anything. there is a possiblity just like you say that sasuke fights itachi loses, naruto fights itachi and is on the verge of death in this moment sasukes true power awakens and he saves naruto. but even this fight will go according to the theme of the series. no doubt.

Jman
Wed, 09-14-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by: PervertSpammingJiraiya
im not into this itachi really being good stuff. i went there once but it didnt lead to anything. there is a possiblity just like you say that sasuke fights itachi loses, naruto fights itachi and is on the verge of death in this moment sasukes true power awakens and he saves naruto. but even this fight will go according to the theme of the series. no doubt.

I've yet to see itachi kill anyone where it didn't take place in a flashback. I wanna see him kill!

Shuurai
Wed, 09-14-2005, 09:30 PM
Hopefully he will kill sakura

deadlydreamx
Wed, 09-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by: animemaster

Originally posted by: PervertSpammingJiraiya

I've yet to see itachi kill anyone where it didn't take place in a flashback. I wanna see him kill!

we will never see itachi kill neone in real time.. cuz when we DO see him fight.. actually fight.. its going to be his death by saskue

Shuurai
Wed, 09-14-2005, 09:44 PM
I think Itachi will kill somone in akatsuki before the final fight tbh

Jman
Wed, 09-14-2005, 10:09 PM
i hope he does. im tired of seeing him appear for a short time and then retreat quickly like that time with kakashi and then the incident with jiraiya

Shuurai
Wed, 09-14-2005, 10:11 PM
I just have this feeling that hes aiming for something higher than Akatsuki

Jman
Wed, 09-14-2005, 10:16 PM
I wonder who he will partner up with if Kisame gets killed

ChaosK
Wed, 09-14-2005, 10:23 PM
he'll go alone of course.

Shuurai
Wed, 09-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Renegade Itachi hmm

Jman
Wed, 09-14-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by: Shuurai
Renegade Itachi hmm

that would make a cool filler arc. he could roam around villages to randomly kill noob ninjas. fillers don't have to make sense

deadlydreamx
Wed, 09-14-2005, 10:31 PM
he'll give a new meaning to a mean look

Shuurai
Wed, 09-14-2005, 10:35 PM
He would kill all peddler's who dident sell purple nail polish.

smurfyy
Wed, 09-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Kid: hi mr, would you like to buy some lemonade?
Itachi: *sharingan*
Kid: *dies*

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 09-15-2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by: animemaster

Originally posted by: Shuurai
Renegade Itachi hmm

that would make a cool filler arc. he could roam around villages to randomly kill noob ninjas. fillers don't have to make sense

I totally agree.