PDA

View Full Version : Movies - good, bad, old, new

Assassin
Thu, 01-20-2005, 12:44 AM
I was kinda bored so i figured i'd make a movie topic.....i know we've had teh occasional topic about a specific movie, but this is more general.

Talk about movies, ones u like, onces u dislikes, ones u saw recently, or want to see, etc...

I just downloaded The Life Aquatic today. it wasn't too bad. not as funny as i expected though. it focused quite a bit on stuff like friendship, father/son relationships and the like, but it still managed to be funny in the process.

i still wanna watch A series of unfortunate events, and i've heard good things about The Aviator. but the movie im really looking forward to is Hitch (http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808589443&intl=us). it seems really funny.

so, talk, discuss, exchange opinions...now!

Souryusen
Thu, 01-20-2005, 12:49 AM
Life Aquatic is funny when you're drunk. I am told it's hysterical if you're rockin' the ganga.

Anyway.. Empire Strikes Back kicks ass.

As does Army of Darkness.

jing
Thu, 01-20-2005, 01:02 AM
i wanna watch coach carter, meet the fockers, thats about it currently...

edit: also napoleon dynamite, i heard it wasn't good.. but it looks hilarious

kooshi
Thu, 01-20-2005, 01:02 AM
Ben-Hur. PURE classic.

KaneInferno
Thu, 01-20-2005, 01:19 AM
Im a trilogy kinda guy. Star Wars, LOTR, and technically the Matrix, although I only liked the first one.

Board of Command
Thu, 01-20-2005, 01:22 AM
Favorite of all time: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

If I had Al Quida connections I'd get them to blow up the Academy with dirty bombs if Eternal Sunshine doesn't win Best Picture 2004.

Well for now I got Life Aquatic and Ray on my computer that I still haven't watched. I'll get to the sometime. I'm not even gonna get Aviator since DiCaprio won Golden Globe instead of Jim Carrey. DiCaprio was probably sucking those guys off. Carrey in Eternal Sunshine > all

Knives122
Thu, 01-20-2005, 01:22 AM
I need to see Starwars, and Fantastic four(even if its not coming out this year), and Charlie and the Chocolate factory

Board of Command
Thu, 01-20-2005, 01:23 AM
Oh ya, worst of all time: tie between Garfield and Van Helsing

jing
Thu, 01-20-2005, 01:31 AM
i say van hellsing, i had to watch that shit big screen black and white for like hours...... man it really kiled my vision.. n storyline is pretty bull shit too.

Terracosmo
Thu, 01-20-2005, 01:54 AM
Lord of the Rings, best movies ever.

I am also a big fan of Interview with the vampire.

Elite Hentai
Thu, 01-20-2005, 02:24 AM
A few weeks ago I saw two Korean movies that I really liked: Oldboy (nice and violent) and Sex is Zero (extremely funny, it's like the Korean version of American Pie).

I'm also into the Star Wars movies, I think they should make more. And the Jurassic Park trilogy was great. Especially because I used to be a dino freak when I was a little boy. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Raven
Thu, 01-20-2005, 03:08 AM
I recently saw Musa - brilliant Korean movie, although it goes for 3+ hours, so make sure you use the bathroom first.

Mut
Thu, 01-20-2005, 03:26 AM
Time Machine. the one with guy pierce. probably top 3 worst movies i've ever seen.

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 01-20-2005, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

I am also a big fan of Interview with the vampire.

^_^ I also like Interview with the Vampire i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

kAi
Thu, 01-20-2005, 03:56 AM
Pulp Fiction would be one of my favourite movies, and there are some more, but i can't think of them at this time, heh.

basey44
Thu, 01-20-2005, 06:11 AM
no one wants to see spoungebob? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif
i love that show, reminds me of ren & stimpy

PSJ
Thu, 01-20-2005, 10:32 AM
mut have you realized that your posts usually is negative?

the LOTR trilogy kicks ass, american history x is a great movie, donnie darko is cool to. the matrix trilogy is good to, tho the first one is much better than 2nd and 3rd. garfield is funny as hell i dont think its supposed to be like movie of the year, va nhelsing sucks tho i couldnt watch all of it.

r3n
Thu, 01-20-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by: basey_69
no one wants to see spoungebob?
i love that show, reminds me of ren & stimpy

id never sellout to hollywood bitch.

best films ive seen recently:
series of unfortunate events
house of flying daggers (altho the ending is properly SHIT)
appleseed remake
casshern (not as good as it could have been tho)
brother

fav films are probably:
akira
GITS
crouching tiger
matrix 1
28 days later
LOTR trilogy

films i want to see:
aviator
xmen 3
robots

worst films ive seen:
blade 3 (absolutely awful)
van helsing
cabin fever

Shuurai
Thu, 01-20-2005, 12:53 PM
A good film is Seven Samurai the 1954 version directed by Akira Kurosawa

GLS
Thu, 01-20-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

Agreed.

Tom Cruise has done some really good movies in the past couple of years. Of note, Minority Report, The Last Samurai, and Collateral.

Mut
Thu, 01-20-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
yeah, and your point is...?

r3n
Thu, 01-20-2005, 05:08 PM
atleast his pixel breadcat is smiling for him

Trip
Thu, 01-20-2005, 05:50 PM
Fight Club?

just me then.

Board of Command
Thu, 01-20-2005, 05:56 PM
Fight Club's cool

PSJ
Thu, 01-20-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
yeah, and your point is...?

ah nothing just wanted to point it out and see your response thats all im just a bit curious....

yea fight club is good, face off is another good movie, pulp fiction is nice and asterra said intervue with a vampire or whatever its called. i personally enjoy eddie murphy movies up till bowfinger after that all he did was crap but movies like.... aw crap now i only know the swedish titles....

Deblas
Thu, 01-20-2005, 08:17 PM
Hero was good so im looking forward to seeing house of flying daggers. Best movie ive seen so far is meet the fockers. that movie was hilarious i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. Favorite movie of all time has to be Cool Runnings. Its old but its still my favorite

Board of Command
Thu, 01-20-2005, 09:02 PM
Hero was alright. It's pretty similar to all the other Chinese martial arts films.

Deblas
Thu, 01-20-2005, 09:50 PM
Other great movies:
Resident Evil:Apocalypse
Napoleon Dynamite(its a little slow but its funny)
The day after tomorrow
Lord of the ring trilogy
Shrek2 i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
Matrix trilogy
I Robot

worst movies ever:
Open Water
Closer (they made me see it)
Hulk

Aeon
Thu, 01-20-2005, 10:17 PM
Greatest movie of all time is StarShip Troopers

Worst movie was Lord Of The Rings, it was sooo long and I fell asleep like 20min into it woke up and it was still on.

SK
Thu, 01-20-2005, 10:26 PM
what i want to see: kingdom of heaven, hitch, coach carter, maybe some others...
favorites: pulp fiction, gladiator, braveheart, forest gump, x-men, lord of the rings, starwars, scarface, life is beautiful, last samurai, crouching tiger hidden dragon, probably some more i cant think of.
EDIT: I forgot Troy, i thought it was a great epic.

kAi
Thu, 01-20-2005, 10:27 PM
hero was like the evil cult i think it was, but the story too hero is based in a lot of movies because of the period. the han dynasty and all that, that's why there are similars, but the story telling to hero i really liked.

yeah fight club was another movie i liked. and also gladiator, star wars, lord of the rings, the last samurai, fist of legend, are some more.

basey44
Fri, 01-21-2005, 01:47 AM
fight club is good as, one of my favorites. how about lock stock and 2 smoking barrels, that was so funny.
i say best movie ever is the matrix, the first one, i didnt like the others
LOTR is good but not best movie, best book for sure though

Trip
Fri, 01-21-2005, 06:53 AM
best quote from lock stock:

"Look, will everyone stop gettin' shot?"

great film i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Starship Troopers is also a very good film.

Shuurai
Fri, 01-21-2005, 07:15 AM
Has anyone seen iron monkey its a serious film but i couldent stop laughing as it looked so cheap however despite that it was a good film

r3n
Fri, 01-21-2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by: Deblas
Other great movies:
Resident Evil:Apocalypse
Napoleon Dynamite(its a little slow but its funny)
The day after tomorrow
Lord of the ring trilogy
Shrek2
Matrix trilogy
I Robot

worst movies ever:
Open Water
Closer (they made me see it)
Hulk

resident evil: apocalypse. forgot to leave that out of the worst films of all time. its absolutely awful.

iron monkey is quality even if a little gimicky, the fight choreography is superb

Mae
Fri, 01-21-2005, 01:40 PM
I've wanted to see Iron Monkey but I can't find it anywhere...

Best movie = The Princess Bride

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Edit: I haven't seen The Princess Blade, but I like old kung-fu movies (Snake in Eagle's Shadow, Drunken Master, Enter the Dragon, Fist of Fury, etc.) so I'll have to check it out. The Princess Bride is an old but very funny comedy/fantasy with Andre the Giant and Billy Crystal.

r3n
Fri, 01-21-2005, 01:42 PM
ive seen princess blade, the fight scenes are great, altho a bit matrixy. if you like that mae you might like returner. its less arty but good fun

kAi
Fri, 01-21-2005, 01:49 PM
iron monkey, heh, yeah that's ok, i got it.
have you seen 'Kung Fu Scholar', now that is a funny movie, couldn't stop laughing through it.

i didn't really like the matrix.
Princess Blade, another good movie, as is the Lone Wolf and Cub (Baby Cart) series.

r3n
Fri, 01-21-2005, 01:55 PM
dont know how ppl cant like the first matrix movie, its the epitome of cool.

Swallow Your Soul
Fri, 01-21-2005, 01:55 PM
Films I probably mean to watch this year - Hide and Seek, 'The' Ring 2, god knows how many other pointless remakes and some new thing I dunno the name of...looks a bit crap but it can't be worse than White Noise. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif Also the new Star Wars if its out...see if its better than eps 1 and 2 (which both sucked).

Favourite Films - Alien Quadrilogy (AvP doesn't count as an Alien film - I said it'd be shit ever since I first heard of it, and it was painful just how right I was), Ring 1 and 2, Battle Royale, maybe the old Star Wars ones as well. Best recent ones would be Shawn of the Dead and Team America...Saw was pretty good but imo it was over-hyped and nowhere near as good as Se7en. There are probably others but I can't be arsed remembering.

Worst film of all time - Apollo 13. Went to watch it in the cinemas when it was out and fell asleep (only time I've done that in a cinema). Alien Vs Predator came pretty close just cos I like the Alien series but hate crossovers - especially when they are fucking awful.

r3n
Fri, 01-21-2005, 03:14 PM
dude, Alien 3 sucked and alien 4 was a terrible B movie.

kooshi
Fri, 01-21-2005, 04:40 PM
Haha, The Princess Bride is a great movie. "Why is the bad guy's name Prince Humperdink?" LOL, that name makes the whole movie worth watching alone, and with the other stuff, that makes the movie so great i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
Seriously, I don't see the joy of watching suspense or horror movies. Yeah, they freaked me out when I was little, but now, jeez, they all just plain suck. Example: The Ring. I don't get how so many people were so scared of that movie, and I was sooooooooo BORED out of my mind. There was nothing remotely freaky about it. Oh wow, girl comes out of TV! Just use your freaking 2 legs and RUN. She's CRAWLING.
Just my rant about those type of movies, haha. I just think those are a waste of money.

r3n
Fri, 01-21-2005, 06:46 PM
i like zombie films where theres a feeling of hopelessness then it looks like the humans might escape but in the end the odds prevail and theyre killed. those are fun especially when its a load of retarded whining bitches that are being eaten.

Deblas
Fri, 01-21-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by: r3n
i like zombie films where theres a feeling of hopelessness then it looks like the humans might escape but in the end the odds prevail and theyre killed. those are fun especially when its a load of retarded whining bitches that are being eaten.

like resident evil: apocalypse without the zombies winning?

r3n
Fri, 01-21-2005, 07:27 PM
and the shit script/acting

its better when you actually believe theyre annoying bastards that deserve to be eaten alive.

TwisT
Fri, 01-21-2005, 08:34 PM
Best Asian non-anime movie: Battle Royale

Best Anime: Akira

Best movie of all times: LOTR Trioligy (all though, it could have been even better if they had been more true to the book.. I would not have minded if it would have been longer, as long as it hade been true to the book)..

Best animation: Shrek

Also i like Pulp Fiction, Terminator, X-Men, Matrix 1, Star Wars, Gladiator, The Negotiator, Interview with a vampire, Alien, The Godfather and many more (I like movies with super natural, super powers, fantasy, magic and sci-fi like space movies with robots, laser and plasma weapons, aliens and stuff like that.. So Marvel, vampire, Sci-Fi and fantasy are usally movies i aim to see..)

Movies i'm waiting on with high expectations: Fantastic Four and Star Wars Episode III (like someone else said) and a movie i look forward to (and hope the will make soon) is Bilbo (maybe it's only the Swedish title that is going to be that?? Maybe it's original name is "A hobbits tale"?? Well the LOTR book about Bilbo!!)..

Worst movie ever: I dont remember the title of it, but it was a Sci-Fi with John Travolta as a bad guy.. It was so painful to watch my eye's bleed through it..

EDIT!!! "Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000" was the name..

I took a quick look at my movie collection and remembered i did not mentioned any war movies.. Well i love Saving Private Ryan and even if it can feel a little slow Apocalypse Now.. And also the Hitman movie Leon.. And a few older actors prime movies..

Bruce Willis = Die Hard
Mel Gibson = Lethal Weapon
Harrison Ford = Indiana Jones

Swallow Your Soul
Fri, 01-21-2005, 08:52 PM
dude, Alien 3 sucked and alien 4 was a terrible B movie.

Yeah most people hate it (including pretty much everyone who worked on it) but I liked Alien 3. I liked the way it was all set in a prison where no-one had any weapons etc. I liked the novelisation as well. Nearly everyone hates 4 but again I liked it, nowhere near as much as the first three though. Granted I do sometimes have strange taste in films (though some films I'd consider really bad made some peoples lists...Starship Troopers and Minority Report).

basey44
Sat, 01-22-2005, 12:56 AM
twist the story your thinking of is called the hobbit and is the book before lord of the rings, surprisingly enough the story revolves around bilbo, frodos uncle, and his adventure with the ring

im not sure if theyve decided to make a movie about it yet, if they are though id like to see it done by the same people who did LOTR

kooshi
Sat, 01-22-2005, 03:01 AM
Well, it would be nice to know what happened with Bilbo for those who don't read books, haha.

r3n
Sat, 01-22-2005, 10:17 AM
noobs who dont read the LOTR books and related stuff but have LOTR as their fav film are just arggggh. annoying.

Souryusen
Sat, 01-22-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by: kooshi
Well, it would be nice to know what happened with Bilbo for those who don't read books, haha.

Bilbo kicked ass unlike Frodo.

TwisT
Sat, 01-22-2005, 10:56 AM
I hate it when they translate the title, and make up a whole new title.. If they are going to translate it, they should do a direct translation so that ppl dont get confused when they are talking about it with ppl from other parts of the world..

Well anyways i saw that New Line Cinema (at least i think it was in Aftonbladet, swedens biggest newspaper)had secured the deal to the rights to the movie, so i guess it's just a matter of time before the start..

PSJ
Sat, 01-22-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by: kooshi
Haha, The Princess Bride is a great movie. "Why is the bad guy's name Prince Humperdink?" LOL, that name makes the whole movie worth watching alone, and with the other stuff, that makes the movie so great
Seriously, I don't see the joy of watching suspense or horror movies. Yeah, they freaked me out when I was little, but now, jeez, they all just plain suck. Example: The Ring. I don't get how so many people were so scared of that movie, and I was sooooooooo BORED out of my mind. There was nothing remotely freaky about it. Oh wow, girl comes out of TV! Just use your freaking 2 legs and RUN. She's CRAWLING.
Just my rant about those type of movies, haha. I just think those are a waste of money.

exactly the ring is not even slightly scary, its like watching 2 hours of crap.

kooshi
Sat, 01-22-2005, 08:01 PM
noobs who dont read the LOTR books and related stuff but have LOTR as their fav film are just arggggh. annoying.

That's what I've been told by my brother. He's read the books and complained how there were so much stuff edited out or something.
On a side note, LOTR doesn't earn my topranked film and I haven't read the books yet,hehe.

basey44
Sat, 01-22-2005, 09:26 PM
ive read the books, wen i saw ROTK at the movies i was so dissapointed cos they editted out saurons leuitenant wen they open the black gate at the end, but thankfully he was in the extended dvd version, of which i own the whole set. i imagined that guy better looking in the book though i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif but he was still cool

Souryusen
Sat, 01-22-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by: basey_69
ive read the books, wen i saw ROTK in the movie i was so dissapointed cos they editted out saurons leuitenant wen they open the black gate at the end, but thankfully he was in the extended dvd version, of which i own the whole set. i imagined that guy better looking in the book though but he was still cool

The dude's mouth and teeth in the movie kicked ass. I loved how his lips were frayed and bleeding the whole time. Badass stuff.

Board of Command
Thu, 01-27-2005, 06:14 PM
I just watched When Will I Be Loved a couple days ago. I must say...steer clear of this POS

Ioz
Thu, 01-27-2005, 06:32 PM
gummo, donnie darko, punch drunk love, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, one hour photo, amile, dead alive, cabin fever (not scary at all but i've never laughed so hard at a horror movie), joe dirt, dawn of the dead (the original and the remake uncut version of course), day of the dead, night of the living dead (the original), kill bill, trainspotting, harold and maude, being john malkovich (hope i spelled that right), both X-men movies, the LOTR trilogy, the royal tenenbaums, rushmore, the dangerous lives of altar boys, saved

thats all the movies that i can think of that i like right now

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 01-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Has anyone here ever seen John Carpenters remake of the thing? If not you should all be ashamed of yourselves. Go to your local video retail chain or download it or do what ever. You really have to see. IMO it's one of the best alien sci-fi horror movies of all time. Easily on par with the first two alien movies.

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 01-27-2005, 07:42 PM
^^ I saw it in my early teens (am I right in thinking its the 70s one?) and I remember that I thought it was the worst horror film I had ever seen at the time. Mind you that was several years ago, maybe I'd appreciate the paranoia concept more now, as that kind of stuff does appeal to me now, but at the time I thought it was crap. Might d/l it.

Ioz
Thu, 01-27-2005, 07:44 PM
uh... wasn't it John Carpender's The Thing? i don't belive it was a remake but yeah it was a good movie.

Deblas
Thu, 01-27-2005, 08:04 PM
I want to see Hitch. the movie with will smith. it looks good

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 01-27-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by: Ioz
uh... wasn't it John Carpender's The Thing? i don't belive it was a remake but yeah it was a good movie.

From what I heard Carpenters version was a remake...

Uzumaki Naruto
Thu, 01-27-2005, 09:59 PM
holy crap, its been ages since i posted in the forums, but anywho saw this threat and thot id just post something, my fav movie has to be Harold and Kumar goes to white castle, this movie is freakin great never have i laughed so hard before, then after that would be without a paddle those are two of my fav movies

Paulyboy
Thu, 01-27-2005, 10:16 PM
Yah Harold and Kumar is a kick ass movie, I love most is the American pie series, if it wasnt for Stifler the movie wouldve been gay because the series explains how americans really are.... horny

SK
Thu, 01-27-2005, 11:09 PM
i forgot kill bill, resevoir dogs, training day, i love crime movies, epics, action, drama, comedy, i like everything, unlike music im open to anything with movies, even a chick flick here or there. favorite animated is the lion king, thats a great movie.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 01-28-2005, 12:18 PM
John Carpenter's The Thing is a remake of a scifi movie of the same name from the 1940's. I saw it a while ago. Shares the same basic plot but the 1940's version of the thing has aged terribly. Worst thing is the actual creature design which is basically a cross between frankenstein and a carrot.

The remake improved on the original greatly with much better creature effects and facinating exploration into paranoia and suspician. If you didn't like it before watch it again you might enjoy it better. If you haven't seen it watch it immedietly you will not be disappointed.

Assassin
Mon, 05-02-2005, 05:13 PM
*bump*

so, anyone seen the hitchhickers guide yet? the critics say it's not all its cracked up to be, but i want a normal persons opinion. is it something that stays true to the book, can it be enjoyed by someone who hasn't read teh book? is there any major change made from book to movie?

im going to see the movie regardless, but i dont wanna drag my friends along if they're not gonna enjoy it. not that thier enjoyment matters to me, but they'll yell at me afterwards i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

SK
Mon, 05-02-2005, 06:21 PM
i heard its good and very close to the book but i havent seen it yet, would rather read the book first. im waiting for Kingdom of Heaven coming out this friday, i cant wait...

Assassin
Mon, 05-02-2005, 08:16 PM
kingdom of heaven seems like it'll be one of those movies.....the crusades are a touch topic since it's a religiouos thing. it all depends on what angle the director decided to use when making it, whose point of view the movie is from.

unless they pulled it off REALLY nicely, there will undoubtedly be some angry ppl out there. it all depends on who the "evil badguys" are in the film, the muslims or the christians.

as far as an epic adventure movies goes though, i dont really have high hopes. its the same as king arthur, or alexander. very rarely do big battle flicks get the attention the deserve

SK
Mon, 05-02-2005, 08:45 PM
its being directed by ridley scott, who directed gladiator. i doubt they will concentrate on the religious aspect of the crusades. the evil badguys will undoubtedly be the muslims of course, as they are today.

Kezren
Mon, 05-02-2005, 08:58 PM
Harold and Kumar, Fifth Element, Starship Troopers, The Grudge, LOTR: trilogy, almost every Jackie Chan movie,Pirates of the Carribean.

Anime wise, the Samurai X movie series thingies, Akira,Ghost in the Shell.

Jessper
Mon, 05-02-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by: Assassin
*bump*

so, anyone seen the hitchhickers guide yet? the critics say it's not all its cracked up to be, but i want a normal persons opinion. is it something that stays true to the book, can it be enjoyed by someone who hasn't read teh book? is there any major change made from book to movie?

im going to see the movie regardless, but i dont wanna drag my friends along if they're not gonna enjoy it. not that thier enjoyment matters to me, but they'll yell at me afterwards

I liked it alot, I have not read the books but it was very funny the whole way through. My friend that went with me had read the books and he liked it. Far as I can tell from his comments they cut some parts(this is expected) but it was well done.

r3n
Tue, 05-03-2005, 04:23 AM
ridley scott is doing kingdom of heaven, so it should be good. hopefully he wont be afraid to touch on the needless massacre by the christians, regardless of what the inbreds in the deep south think.

saw hitchhikers guide last night. its pretty good, loads of cameos by british comedians, so all good. loads of the voices are done by well known brits, and the computer effects are superb. the plot lacked a bit, some things seemed kinda thrown in, and it felt a bit rushed over all. still, entertaining and made me chuckle a lot. marvin is quality tho

how anyone can think harold and kumar is funny, i dont know. its the worst humour ever, all that "in your face" american college humour. you'd need an IQ of a banana to think its witty in any way

SK
Tue, 05-03-2005, 01:19 PM
i wouldent say it was all the christians fault, the persians and europeans have gone back and forth with each other for thousands of years.

Terracosmo
Tue, 05-03-2005, 01:35 PM
I just saw Big Fish. It was pretty good.

Swallow Your Soul
Tue, 05-03-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by: Kezren
The Grudge.

Blasphemy! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif If you liked the American remake (if thats the one you're referring to) watch the Japanese versions...the remake somehow managed to botch nearly all the major scenes it tried to replicate (even though it was by the same director as the originals, and despite a much bigger budget), making it miles less scary...

These remakes of Asian horror are starting to get annoying, first Ring, then Ju-On (grudge), soon The Eye (not that thats especially good but still annoying) and Tale of Two Sisters...

Btw LobsterMagnet, re-watched The Thing and it was pretty cool this time around...

Coolest film I've seen this year is probably Team America or Haute Tention/Switchblade Romance - a well good horror film...

Psyke
Tue, 05-03-2005, 01:54 PM
If any of you got freaked out by the hollywood version of "The Ring" try the original Japanese version. It's 100 times scarier.

SK
Wed, 05-04-2005, 06:01 PM
wohoo kingdom of heaven this friday and no school...maybe ill take this hottie ines, but i havent got my check yet i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif