PDA

View Full Version : .srt files in Core Media Player

GLS
Tue, 01-18-2005, 01:36 PM
I downloaded the Appleseed movie (highly recommend), and played it in BS Player a-ok.

Is it possible to get .srt files in Core media player? Cause I hit the sub button (or whatever button that is), and it always says "Hide Subtitles" at the top of the screen.

Jman
Tue, 01-18-2005, 06:50 PM
well since i dled it i've always viewed it with the core media player with no problems. the subs show up automatically when i open the vid. i usually right click and go to open with>core media player. what i can suggest is to begin playing the movie with core then pause it and right click on the screen which should bring up the options to open file, fast fwd etc and Go down to where it says Media Streams> you should then see something like:
video1
audio1
Auto loaded subtitles <under this it should say something along the lines of Subtitles 1 - appleseed something something .srt
If that is there then click it and the subs should show. If it's not there then re check that the .srts are in the movie folder
sorry if this isn't too clear

GLS
Tue, 01-18-2005, 10:41 PM
well, I did as you said, but it didnt work. It kept saying "hide subtitles" at the top left of the screen. I even went in the Options, and the autooad subtitles was checked.
I'm using Core 4.02, if it matters. What version r u using?

The file names are the same, the file location for both files are the same (thus being able to play it in BSPlayer). I dont get it.

EDIT: I think I may have got it. I had to go into my ffdshow to get them to show. Although, in BS Player, it shows the subs twice, in 2 different fonts.
Solve, one problem, make another. Thanks for the assistance, animemaster!