PDA

View Full Version : Episode 13 Discussion

GLS
Sun, 01-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Phase 13 (http://seed.eatshoe.com/torrents/%5BSEED-Fansubs%5D%20Gundam%20SEED%20Destiny%20-%2013.avi.torrent) - by SEED-Fansubs

Phase 13 (http://a.scarywater.net/ach/%5BAnimeChounin%5DGundam_Seed_Destiny_13%5BA009089 2%5D.avi.torrent) - Anime Chounin

Phase 13 (http://www.point-blank.cc:6969/torrents/[A-Kingdom_-_AonE]_Gundam_SEED_Destiny_-_13_[E6FD0D14].avi.torrent?info_hash=c5d7f4c87a09dbaa9393875be09 8034396555e18) - AKingdom-Aone

Guardian_2000
Sun, 01-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Now thats quite the discussion there Gaara lol... Ummm yea so for those that have actually seen it finally we get to see freedom after some really cool assault scenes where Zaft members try to assasinate Lacus. Kira hasn't lost anything of his skill after 2 years. And as mentioned earlier we know why the pink Haro bounces around everywhere now. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif quite ingenious. And quite an elaborate complex they got there. That final scene with the Zaft commander was cool. Freedom shoots the arms, missile launchers and legs off one by one. I feel bad for him getting pulled back into conflict once again. And his no kill philosphy he sticks to. Even thou he didn't kill them directly he probably feels bad about those Zaft soldiers commiting suicide. I can't wait to see what happens when Athrun meets back up with Kira....

And with the end of this great ep we see previews of Archangel and what looks like most of its old crew leaving ORB in new uniforms. I'm suspecting that Kira drops in on the forced wedding and *kidnaps* Cagalli. Atleast ORB is gonna say that Cagalli was kidnapped.. Three cheers to Destiny this series makes up for alot that SEED had done so poorly...

kyubisrage
Sun, 01-09-2005, 09:52 PM
HELL YA, now thats what I called a great gsd episode. OMg i want to slap cagalli so freakin badly. OMg Yuna i hate that fucker i hope he rots in hell. OTher than that kira kicked fucking ass with freedom!!!!!. I hope if kira saves cagalli he kills yunai/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

jing
Sun, 01-09-2005, 10:16 PM
i wanna see asuran kicked the shit out of yuna
n those were some pretty shitty assault teams =P
kira shoulda had the gun....
overall good episode.

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 01-10-2005, 12:47 AM
Actually it did seem to me like Kira was a bit out of practice, maybe that or just the fact the he deliberately tried to not kill them made him sloppier, because from what I've seen in GS, he was far superior in skills.

fremeer
Mon, 01-10-2005, 02:00 AM
wasnt one of the people on board archangel the one that left it on seed?

also kira rocks, looks like destiny will be better then seed

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 01-10-2005, 02:06 AM
The new uniforms are also awesome, totally outrule both ZAFT and Atlantic army uniforms...

Fremeer: Look at it like this, without GS GSD would be stiff as a corpse and you probably wouldn't like it as much...

I think they are both great, and they get the job done for me.

XwingRob
Mon, 01-10-2005, 02:47 AM
Wow, good episode.
So let me get this straight, they had both the Freedom and the Archangel in their possession? That's quite a force there. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
So it was a team of Coordinators that was trying to kill Lacus. That leaves only two reasonable choices:
1) It was Chairman Dullindal, who wishes to cover up Lacus to absolutely make sure Mia Campbell isn't exposed. But, assuming that he actually is the kind of leader that's honest and good, he wouldn't do that(but perhaps he is evil, who knows?).
OR
2) It was the same radicals that pushed Junius 7 into the Earth. Most likely it's these guys, because Lacus is the Coordinator that believes both types of humans should co-exist. But... I wonder where they are getting all their equipment from?

And about Kira's no killing philosophy... it probaly does make it harder for him to win a fight, without SEED he would probaly be boned.
Also, Cagalli is pissing me off, she better not get married next week! Maybe Kira will come in and blow off that guy's arms and legs as well. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Terracosmo
Mon, 01-10-2005, 03:32 AM
"¤)¤"("¤(!"=)"(!)=(¤")=!(¤)!(!"¤()"!"

(translation: I want to thank GSD for letting me have a taste of nirvana each week)

chitgoks
Mon, 01-10-2005, 07:26 AM
cagalli's stupid. she cant even say no to the guy even if yuna's doing some psy-wars on her mind that will have her marry him.

ep 13 was a great episode. 's good to see kira back with freedom. what was athrun's mecha name during gundam seed? was it savior? the same one that he's using now?

i want athrun and kira to clobber those 3 naturals who stole the mechas from zaft. that will teach them who's the best.

XForce
Mon, 01-10-2005, 09:17 AM
Ohhh Kira have my children please. That was way too awesome. So apparently he can do SEED mode anytime he wants now? Thats a pretty good abilityto have i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
And about Cagalli, what Yuuna said to her in the car is mostly true. She's the Representitive for her nation, so she can't be seen with Athrun and Kira since they are at war with them. But the whole marrying thing is just dumb

Aeon
Mon, 01-10-2005, 11:38 AM
I wanna see the look on Yuna face when he finds out Cagalli is a coordinator, come to think of it he prob already knows and this is him and his father plan to take oer Orb. And why has this show become so anti Steller and Gaia, havent seen them in like 6 eps.

anime050
Mon, 01-10-2005, 12:43 PM
I don't like Kira's clothes =.="

Goingin
Mon, 01-10-2005, 04:32 PM
When Kira went at those ZAFT's is was like "OMGWTFBBQWHAAAAAAAA!!" "Falling off chair"

Really looks like theyre going to pull a lot of GS stuff out of the closet
(Just look at the ep14 preview, another one! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif)

NM
Mon, 01-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Great Episode. I love how they brought Freedom back. The best part of it was when Kira started shooting that one mobile suit that fell on the floor. Heh, he just went for the missile launcher, the arms, and legs. And Ramius totally owned. I hope we see Kira and Athrun team up again. About Cagalli...She's becoming my least favorite character now. She was much better in Gundam Seed than in Destiny because she actually had a voice of opinion in Seed. She's just being told what to do by Yuna and by the preview, going to marry him. I really hope she calls him off during the wedding or something.

Board of Command
Mon, 01-10-2005, 04:57 PM
I hope Cagalli takes out a gun and shoots Yuna for "treason" during the wedding.

XwingRob
Mon, 01-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by: Aeon
I wanna see the look on Yuna face when he finds out Cagalli is a coordinator, come to think of it he prob already knows and this is him and his father plan to take oer Orb. And why has this show become so anti Steller and Gaia, havent seen them in like 6 eps.

Cagalli is not a coordinator. Kira was the experiment, Cagalli was just his twin. Remember? The mother wanted the girl to be normal.
(At least, that's how I remember it)

Board of Command
Mon, 01-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Yuna mentioned that Cagalli is the older one, so Kira might have been made from Cagalli's DNA.

XwingRob
Mon, 01-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Ugh, to tell you the truth I'm not really sure anymore. I haven't seen the episode that explained Kira's orgins since it first aired.
But it appears to be maintained by everyone that Cagalli is a Natural, Kira is a Coordinator.
I mean, I'm sure they did testing after Gundam SEED to make sure.

Souryusen
Mon, 01-10-2005, 08:44 PM
I thought only coordinators had SEED? Cagalli can do it too. I dunno... maybe it's from being so closely tied with the experiment that created Kira. Even if that is the case.. doesn't having her DNA altered in even the slightest make her a coordinator?

And now that Kira and Freedom are active... how long until they're destroyed? I don't see Kira making it all the way through.

XwingRob
Mon, 01-10-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by: Souryusen
I thought only coordinators had SEED? Cagalli can do it too. I dunno... maybe it's from being so closely tied with the experiment that created Kira.

It depends, is Shinn a Coordinator? I don't believe the show has stated for sure yet. For example, the Captain was suprised that Shinn was selected, maybe its because Shinn isn't a Coordinator? Of course, it could be that overall that the blond hair guy was a better pilot, and their both Coordinators.

Edit: Oh well, until it is stated otherwise, I'm sticking to the idea that Cagalli is Natural.

DeathscytheVII
Mon, 01-10-2005, 10:00 PM
AH i guess my question about Bartfeldt's arm is answered. LOL he has a gun arm just like Vash i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif he's even even more cooler than he was in the first SEED! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif amazing.

And finally! An episode that concentrates more on kira too

GLS
Mon, 01-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Well, it was awesome to see Freedom do battle again.
Archangel's coming back? Wha? Thats pretty cool.

Board of Command
Mon, 01-10-2005, 11:36 PM
I wonder where they hid something that big. If it's in the ocean then they'd have a hard time getting in, and I don't see where else they could hide it.

And rob Souryusen mentioned Kira might now make it all the way through. Here's a theory:

I think it's very likely that Kira will die fighting Shinn, which will make Athrun snap and form a renegade force. This will be a little longer and he'll take Lunamaria with him. Meanwhile, Neo's crew joins Minerva and Zaft. That's how Stellar and Shinn will meet again but not "get together". Cagalli will somehow get out of ORB as it gets taken over by orange goggle guy and Yuna. Cagalli joins Minerva as well and gets together with Shinn. In the end it'll be ORB+EA vs Zaft. I don't have a theory on how Athrun's force fits in, but he'll eventually have to fight Cagalli.

XwingRob
Tue, 01-11-2005, 12:32 AM
Kira might die, who's knows? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Assassin
Tue, 01-11-2005, 12:33 AM
im officially declaring BOC an idiot for that theory.

anyway, that was a fucking awsome ep. the shoot out scenes were very well done, and i loved that matrix effect they gave to teh bullets.

the strike force i think was sent by zaft, but i dont think dullandal is behind it. i think its some other committie members who want to tie up loose ends. i really liked the insect type mobile suits they were using, its a nice change from the normal mecha design. but wasn't the EAF using the new bug type mobile suits? so where did these guys get them?

the last scene with freedom was incredible. its so great to see kira back in action. and OMFG! archangel! i can't wait!

so now we have Athuran with Savior on the Minerva, and Kira with Freedom on teh Archangel. im betting the archangel will be a rouge ship, and eventually minerva will be one too. by the end they'll be fighting side by side.

i would die happy if cagali would stab yuna in his eye rite as shes about to say "i do".

i can see it now....."do u cagalli, take yuna to be ur lawfully wedded husband?"

"i d......THINK FAST!" *STAB*

Flying Hamster
Tue, 01-11-2005, 01:12 AM
Shin is the new Hero of the show which means kira is expendable. I think Kira will die a dramatic death with all that bs, the flashbacks and sad music ect. Think about it, hes got his perspective on things. He has become like kenshin and has chosen not to kill ppl anymore and hes serious about it too. Hes also reached his limit or close to his limit when it comes to combat. Nobody can stand up to kira and freedom (maybe asuran). Out of everyone introduced up till now Kira is the most likley to become the shows martyr. I say hes gonna die, but will have to find out if im right =P

XwingRob
Tue, 01-11-2005, 01:16 AM
*crazy theory pops into XwingRob's head*
Ok here's a good one.
Mia Campbell is becoming odd in the head. She is no longer believing that she is an actor who plays as Lacus Clyne, she is starting to believe she IS Lacus Clyne. So, using her influence, she entices a Zaft Commander to send a strike force to wipe out Lacus, so that she can become the only Lacus Clyne.
And BAM! There we have it! Just as Gundam SEED's psycho bitch was Flay Alstar, Destiny's psycho bitch is Mia Campbell.
She'll even try to seduce Athrun after learning that Cagalli was marrying someone else.

kyubisrage
Tue, 01-11-2005, 02:02 AM
I like that theory. I have one of my own on how kira might die, lacus is in a transport pod or archangel and just like how fray died, this time kira get in the way of the blast and died, just like how the guy in seed died. I cant believe i forgot his name. Blonde hair dude. I feel ashamed

DeathscytheVII
Tue, 01-11-2005, 02:10 AM
i can see it now....."do u cagalli, take yuna to be ur lawfully wedded husband?"

"i d......THINK FAST!" *STAB*

Better yet.

"If anyone objects to this marriage, speak now or forever hold your peace."

*Freedom gundam blows the roof off the building, stepping on Yuna.

I like that theory. I have one of my own on how kira might die, lacus is in a transport pod or archangel and just like how fray died, this time kira get in the way of the blast and died, just like how the guy in seed died. I cant believe i forgot his name. Blonde hair dude. I feel ashamed

You mean...Fraga? Sorry can't spell his name lol

XwingRob
Tue, 01-11-2005, 02:12 AM
Its MOOOO LA FLAGA!

It's spelled Mu La Flaga. (weird name, I wonder what country that is from?)

Hakeem_21
Tue, 01-11-2005, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by: jing
i wanna see asuran kicked the shit out of yuna
n those were some pretty shitty assault teams =P
kira shoulda had the gun....
overall good episode.

I second that not just becasue what he is doing against Cagalli but also he is so annoying characther.

great ep also Kira is back in action and also he looks more like man now,he hasnt cried for nothing yeti/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

I finished watching Gundam Seed recently and i must say i dont like how much Destiny is similer to it storywise so far.

They just changed the sides who are attacking.

But on the plus side the action in Destiny is better.

To people who are saying that Kira will, if he dies i would be angry. I woulndt care if he died in Seed but in Destiny, i hope Shinn dies instead of Kira.

PSJ
Thu, 01-13-2005, 02:59 PM
okay kira wont die, for one the creators house will be bruned down and he will be killed. kira is a far to popular character to die. he is sort of still a main character in this so he wont die.

to swingbob and your theory about the attack, it have ot be the first one. there is no way that thay renegade zaft force has gotten hold of state of the art amphibic suits, the used dinns last time, there is just no way that they can upgrade to suits like the asshu or whatever they are called.

to the person that said kiras skill has went done a notch of course it has he hasnt touched a mobile suit in over 2 years, if you keep away from bikes for 2 years you wont be as good as you were before even it it is a thing you'll never forget.

to BoC i dont think that will happen. its like saying, kira will merge with shinn in a battle and create the destiny gundam by fusing impulse and freedom, kira and shinn will also fuse and become a kickass fighter who blows up the entire universe.

Souryusen
Thu, 01-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Kira's spent the past 12 eps sitting around like a peacnik old man who plays with loads of tiny kids. Then he pops up with the most powerful Gundam in existance and ruins everyone's shit.... he's so dead.

That or crippled to the point where he can't pilot anymore. At the very least Freedom wont be crossing the finish line in this series.

Knives122
Thu, 01-13-2005, 03:11 PM
pretty cool ep(obviously), that dessert of the tiger guy reminded me of Sensui with his arm coming off and him still being able to move it like it was real,

Freedom was the shiznite, that music was really good for it, and I guess after getting their asses handed to them, they decided to self destruct to deal with the shame i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

more Freedom action this sat. and maybe they might catch up with the minerva but not likely

Board of Command
Thu, 01-13-2005, 04:58 PM
I think Rob's Mia Campbell theory just might be the answer.

miaka
Thu, 01-13-2005, 08:43 PM
goodness.. finally kira does something.. but only because he was forced.. V_V.. man.. and what's with lacus.. keep saying kira... kira.. i mean piloting isn't gonna kill him.. and that was like only way for them to survive.. and if lacus could do so much for the PLANET and i m sure lacus knows that too.. she should have went there way before..

and gosh.. yuna.. !!!! someone.. kill him please.. T_T.. and what's up with calgari.. can't she even say no?

well.. was good episode.. can't wait to see more

PSJ
Fri, 01-14-2005, 03:00 AM
well you see kagari hit her head once in between seed and destiny so she now got a mental age of 3. thats why she is like that..

NomoZ
Fri, 01-14-2005, 03:17 AM
Kira won't die, he'll probably be like amuro was in Zeta.

kooshi
Fri, 01-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Heh, just watched ep. 13 last night, and it was pretty freaking awesome. I'd bet that it would be more entertaining if I had watched Gundam SEED since I just jumped into Gundam SEED Destiny. I'm quite confused, but most of my guesses of what happened in SEED have been quite close.
Yuna is really starting to piss me off now, thinking he's all mighty and such while trying to get Cagalli. I hope she kills him or something because he's extremely irritating.

idontnoh
Fri, 01-14-2005, 04:51 PM
i really believe in the theory of the "Destiny" gundam but i dont agree with the fact that shinn gets it. I think freedom will get destroyed somehow, (maybe versus impulse) and kira will eventually end up with the superpowerful final gundam thats evident in every series. I really dont believe that shinn can become the main character. He has little or no sense of purpose, kira at least had the purpose of fighting to protect his loved ones in the beginning of SEED and later found a bigger purpose. Shinn just fights on pure hatred for ORB and i cant see any angles where shinn fights for something more.

NomoZ
Fri, 01-14-2005, 05:24 PM
Kooshi you haven't watched SEED?!!! OMG FIND A BT OF THE SERIES AND START D/Ling!! SEED is such an amazing series, so far compared to destiny it blows it out of the water.

Whatever you do, DO NOT watch the english dub version

intense
Fri, 01-14-2005, 07:58 PM
yeap next episode is archangel coming out. freedom is also in the previews which means maybe kira fights another battle? iono.. i mustve missed something. but whatever.... i cant wait for kira to fight in front of minevera and puts the same expression on everyone as kira appears with a dramatic entry. like "OMG its the legendary freedom" and everybody runs, or tries to kill it, unsuccessfully. yeap kira always gives the same expressions to people whenever he shows up. Oh, and i also want that guy who said "even the legendary freedom cant compare to shinn's skills" (something like that) see the true skills of freedom and why it is legendary, finally knowing that shinn still yet does not compare, wiping that smirk off of his face.
and now we finally see an evolved relationship with Lacus and kira. so nice, isnt it?
I just can wait until the next episode!!!!!!!

kooshi
Fri, 01-14-2005, 07:59 PM
Lol, if there's one thing for sure, I NEVER watch the dubbed versions of anime. They just KILL the series with the awful voices and censoring and such.

PSJ
Fri, 01-14-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by: idontnoh
i really believe in the theory of the "Destiny" gundam but i dont agree with the fact that shinn gets it. I think freedom will get destroyed somehow, (maybe versus impulse) and kira will eventually end up with the superpowerful final gundam thats evident in every series. I really dont believe that shinn can become the main character. He has little or no sense of purpose, kira at least had the purpose of fighting to protect his loved ones in the beginning of SEED and later found a bigger purpose. Shinn just fights on pure hatred for ORB and i cant see any angles where shinn fights for something more.

so you seriously believe that shinn wont get the main gundam even if he is the main character and im pretty sure we will get his purpose soon enough, once he sees freedom in the air again he will try to destroy that thing non-stop that is his purpose to fight kira, kira's purpose is to revert the guy so he ends the war much like kira and asuran did in seed. to end the war shinn will need the destiny gundam which he will get and both kira and asuran will aid him in the fight against additional bad guys. my guess is that dulinandal got something up his sleeve and the minerva and archangel joins forces against dulinandal and his upcoming plan to destroy something or rule something or whatever. jibril is just in the show to make us take our eyes of dulinandal i dont think he is a good guy.

NomoZ
Fri, 01-14-2005, 10:18 PM
So far for Shinn his purpose seems to be to prevent the tradgedy of the past war(like his families death) from re-occuring. Atleast that's what I gathered from the first episode and what he said at the end.

PSJ
Sat, 01-15-2005, 06:55 AM
yea, the funny thing is that when he found out that orb probably wold join EA he said this time i might destroy this country.

EpoC
Sun, 01-16-2005, 03:29 PM
Just saw ep 13, The best ep so far IMO.
Kira is back in action, at last. I'm starting to dislike cagalli, in SEED she was one of my fav but now uh...
And for I don't like shinn that much, his always angry and that pisses me off.
if kira would end up fighting him i would go for Kira all the way.