PDA

View Full Version : Chouji, Neji, and Kiba.....DEAD!?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 01-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Isn't it funny how everyone thinks Chouji and Neji are dead in the Anime forum. I mean they did make the endings of their fights a little more dramatic but when I was reading the manga I knew for sure they wouldnt have all died. Especially Neji since he is such a beloved character. They never actually showed them dying, just falling unconcious. For the spider guy that Neji just beat, you knew for sure he was dead because of the heart that stopped beating. But well I guess the question is, did you actually think they would kill off Chouji, Neji, and Kiba like that? Personnaly I thought Shikamaru might have died from that broken finger.

Assertn
Fri, 01-07-2005, 04:27 PM
well then you must not have participated in this forum much when we were there in the manga.....
cause nobody here knew for sure if neji and chouji were gonna live either

Jman
Fri, 01-07-2005, 04:36 PM
back then i too wasn't sure that chouji would've made it back alive (wished he died, but that's another story). But anyhow way way back I remember people thinking that Sasuke was dead when he passed out during the fight with Haku.

jing
Fri, 01-07-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by: Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Isn't it funny how everyone thinks Chouji and Neji are dead in the Anime forum. I mean they did make the endings of their fights a little more dramatic but when I was reading the manga I knew for sure they wouldnt have all died. Especially Neji since he is such a beloved character. They never actually showed them dying, just falling unconcious. For the spider guy that Neji just beat, you knew for sure he was dead because of the heart that stopped beating. But well I guess the question is, did you actually think they would kill off Chouji, Neji, and Kiba like that? Personnaly I thought Shikamaru might have died from that broken finger.

we heard the heart noise for chouji too. maybe hes dead too if thats what your saying.........................

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 01-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Oh I guess I missed that then jing.

PSJ
Fri, 01-07-2005, 08:47 PM
i didnt doubt that they would live. it was mostly discussion about why ppl wanted chouji to die but not neji. no one discussed all that much about weather or not they would survive.

kAi
Fri, 01-07-2005, 10:21 PM
well i thought chouji was going to die, and a slight possibility to kiba but i really didn't think much of kiba, but i didn't think neji was as i think his character has just been renewed and this is the first mission we see from him or something big for his character that we see since the chuunin exams.

i thought chouji would have been the one to die, but he lived, well all did but, yeah.

RasenDori
Fri, 01-07-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
i didnt doubt that they would live. it was mostly discussion about why ppl wanted chouji to die but not neji. no one discussed all that much about weather or not they would survive.

i wanted them both to die even though i like neji. but all things considered anyone dying during this mission would have resulting in shikamaru quiting... because... well... hes a quiter. when you really think about it when everyone was saying that choujis death would further shikamarus development no one took into consideration that shikamaru would quit. and personally i still think that as long as neji is alive hinatas growth potential is null. sigh... the last chapter of the actual storyline proves that hinata will remain a useless character.

kAi
Sat, 01-08-2005, 01:03 AM
actually with him quitting would've been development he would have gone all sulky and what not, but then being able to recover from that with his friends and yada yada

Mut
Sat, 01-08-2005, 02:53 AM
what the hell. my time machine worked.

RasenDori
Sat, 01-08-2005, 09:38 AM
... wtf? ...

basey44
Sat, 01-08-2005, 10:14 AM
quiet, dont annoy him. if his time machines working now he might go back and fuck ur mum, making himself ur daddy

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 01-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Riiiiiiight.

PSJ
Sat, 01-08-2005, 07:25 PM
good one, first time in a while that i laughed out loud reading on the forums. i didnt concider growth potentials or anything i just said if one dies both dies(chouji and neji)

Deblas
Sat, 01-08-2005, 09:48 PM
nope, theyre alive

Phoenix23
Sun, 01-09-2005, 09:43 PM
The animites were more clever than I expected them to be, as far as Neji's "death" is concerned; some of them (correctly?) concluded that when Neji really dies, the final activation of his seal (to keep the secrets of byakugan safe) will get more than 0 seconds of screen time.

Still, I can't wait for their reaction when they realise that no more good characters are being 'killed' (when the reinforcements arrive just in time), and some of them start thinking that maybe 1-2 good characters actually might die - 'death' scenes for all of Naruto's comrades would've made anyone dying too unlikely, in their eyes, but limiting the deaths to only Neji and/or Chouji ought to make a few of them bite their nails for a while, out of anxiety. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Of course, it might be a humanitarian act to remind the animites that Shizune is nearby and the hokage is a medic ninja, and that it would be strange if nothing ninja-medic-style was done at all to help the group... I think the "disappointment" of not getting any expected casualties should be dampened a bit, for their sake.

PSJ
Mon, 01-10-2005, 03:52 PM
yes a medic team should be expected and they came, the strange thing is that they wear all white not so camoflage if the enemies got scouts behind the allies.

Terracosmo
Tue, 01-11-2005, 04:37 AM
I thought Chouji would die. I didn't think Neji would, though.

Raven
Tue, 01-11-2005, 05:43 AM
I just ... didn't care. I took each chapter as it came. Why bother working yourself up about it? Meh I say. MEH!

Trip
Thu, 01-20-2005, 05:55 PM
I thought choji would survive, wasn't too sure about neji. Kiba, didn't think he would die either.

PSJ
Thu, 01-20-2005, 06:34 PM
if we should go all scientific on shit neji had the biggest risk of being killed of bloodloss with that giant hole right above his heart, chouji got emptied on fat but unless those pills took away all his muscles to he would survive for a while just look at the jews during world war 2 they were skinnier than chouji yet walkign around, and all those pills did was make him skinny really.... i know it was a big fuss about they being suicide pills and shit but whatever.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 01-20-2005, 07:23 PM
I thought Chouji could live, but that Neji was definietly a goner. I mean, he had these fucking big holes in his chest and stomach!! I really liked him as a character, but the holes and the "light falls on his body and a feather comes down" thing really got to me.

But you know, these "death" scenes were just wonderfully done in the anime. Chouji got all thin (which wasn't done in the manga, I think) and suddenly stops moving... and Neji smiling with that "My soul's been saved" thing... they were very moving.

Kiba wouldn't die. It was damned obvious. He just stabbed himself, but went swimming afterwards, and Kanakuro arrived before he had time to even lose conciousness because of blood-loss. I was more worried about Akamaru.

drcitan
Thu, 01-20-2005, 11:50 PM
When I saw Chouji unconscious infront of that tree I figured he was gonna make it through. He might not be the mostt popular character in the show but he still has some growing up to do. He had just realized how good of friends he was surrounded by and had his first true battle experience on the field. There was no way he was gonna die that easily on a failed mission. The same thing goes for Neji but only he is one of the most anticipated characters as far as growth with his abilities. Hinata is going to improve but she would have not been able to fill in Neji's shoes. I'm not gonna even discuss Kiba.

Freakishmee
Fri, 01-21-2005, 05:37 AM
is it just me or is the anime running at a faster pace than the manga. Its episode 119 right now. Im not a diligent anime watcher, I tend to like to use my imagination when reading the manga. But I dabble. And while dabbling, ep 119 felt like chapter 219...

maybe its just me.

forgive me if this is a repeat topic. Im not here much.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 01-21-2005, 05:40 AM
Its not just u,it feel like the anime is going faster.

PSJ
Fri, 01-21-2005, 07:21 AM
yea the anime picked up the pace for some reason while the manga stopped completly, which means that we will have yet another filler arc after this arc in the anime.

Trip
Fri, 01-21-2005, 07:37 AM
I think we will get a LOT of filler for the expected 3 year break (to be confirmed next week? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif ) we are getting in the manga when the anime catches up.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 01-21-2005, 10:33 AM
Whomever is behind the anime time-table is a moron. If they were going to speed things up with two almost-consecutive one hour specials, why did they bother in doing those awful fillers?

I mean, I enjoyed the one where Tsunade is being chased 'cause she hasn't paid (man, it could happen!), but the one with Kakashi and his mask and the three morons? CRAP. The one with Idate and Naruto's rasengan forming a giant ocean toilet? CRAP.

I'd rather they hadn't done the fillers and they hadn't done the one hour specials. They could have stretched Sasuke's flashback, if what they wanted was length...

If we are going to see yet more fillers to compensate the three years leap, I hope they'll be at least according to everything that's happened. A few genin-training fillers wouldn't be so bad, even if a little boring...

...then again, they could always make a longer Kakashi Gaiden, and that would be pretty cool.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 01-21-2005, 10:53 AM
They should do a chibi special, like Prince of Tennis, everybody love Chibis,,,
no one will complain if they throw in the chibi charecters and have them running around talking about the latest stuff happenning in the anime, or just have them fight a super ninja demon who's driving a robotic megazord... it'll be a blast!
actually, i'm having an even better idea: they jaoanese TV should do a 1 1/2 hour chibi special of PoT, Naruto and Bleach, cpnsidering the latest quality of those animes, it would be a huge improvment...

Phoenix23
Fri, 01-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by: Winged Dancer...then again, they could always make a longer Kakashi Gaiden, and that would be pretty cool.Or even better, a second part... it doesn't have to tell us anything new, just show us what we already know happened but haven't seen any flashbacks of yet.

In general, though, filler scenes are better than filler episodes. It's easier to make a decent filler scene than a filler episode, from what I've seen...

DDBen
Tue, 01-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
They should do a chibi special, like Prince of Tennis, everybody love Chibis,,,
no one will complain if they throw in the chibi charecters and have them running around talking about the latest stuff happenning in the anime, or just have them fight a super ninja demon who's driving a robotic megazord... it'll be a blast!
actually, i'm having an even better idea: they jaoanese TV should do a 1 1/2 hour chibi special of PoT, Naruto and Bleach, cpnsidering the latest quality of those animes, it would be a huge improvment...

We were already subjected to the Chibi walk ending we at no point need any further Chibi action *cringe*.

In general the giant holes in Neji made it very believeable he would have died also they claimed that taking the third pill ment death no matter what to Chouji. Neither of those can really be ignored as far as people speculating on the deaths of characters. We should also make note the fights contain flashbacks and historically in Naruto any time they showed flashbacks for anyone but Naruto it ment that character would lose there given fight. In this case they basically tied there fights and just don't die however.

G-Pong
Thu, 01-27-2005, 08:22 PM
I don't think they are dead.