PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 116-117 discussion

fremeer
Thu, 01-06-2005, 07:48 AM
cool ep. i have some bitching to do with the intelligence of neji to do.

ok so he has a blind spot at the back of his head. why not just turn around??? the amount of time to turn around would be less then for the guy to get all the way around neji while staying 50 metres away. since neji knows the guy is attacking his weakspot, do a 180 and dodge the stupid arrows.

also neji had some stupid expressions near the end of the ep.

Uchiha
Thu, 01-06-2005, 08:03 AM
I believe Kidoumaru (the spider guy) steered the arrow with the wire so it would always stay in Neji's blind spot. However Neji could've used kaiten when Kidoumaru changed lvl 2 form, there wasn't any spiders left to stop the spin.

deadlydreamx
Thu, 01-06-2005, 08:38 AM
The episode was pretty good. liked how kidoumaru figured out all of neji's weeknesses. i guess he couldve done kaiten but i think he was running low on chakra

chambers
Thu, 01-06-2005, 09:20 AM
bollocks ep. neji was the dumbest person ever for just uner one hour. why do they insist in killing off all the good characters?

Elite Hentai
Thu, 01-06-2005, 09:21 AM
I thought it was funny when Neji did his 128 hands of Hakke, because it looked like a DBZ fight i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif. That didn't happen in the manga so it surprised me.

chambers
Thu, 01-06-2005, 09:38 AM
yeah reminds me of the move Ryo does in KoF then he throws in some robert garcia kicks for good measure i think.

Santah
Thu, 01-06-2005, 10:41 AM
noooooo neji died!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif! I was happy when fatty died, but neji was bad ass i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Aeon
Thu, 01-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Bullcrap, as if Neji would die to the likes of him. I won't believe it till I see a funeral that has a crying Tenten(Less face time then Kin, that's sad). If by some small chance he is dead that means Kiba has to die to make all the teams one girl one boy now and that would suck. And who is this Kimimaro guy? I remember the sound 4 saying his name when they beat Sasuke

SeifeR
Thu, 01-06-2005, 12:45 PM
I really liked that episode, i really hope Neji doesnt die i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif
Cant wait for the next one

Assertn
Thu, 01-06-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by: deadlydreamx
The episode was pretty good. liked how kidoumaru figured out all of neji's weeknesses. i guess he couldve done kaiten but i think he was running low on chakra

no, just having raw chakra flood out of his body is more wasteful than kaiten
however, the whole purpose of kidoumaru aiming for his blindspot is so neji COULDNT counter the arrow.

what else would you have him do? just kaiten around for half an hour until kidoumaru gets bored?

the 128 hands of hakke was a cool addition....except for one thing

why the hell would he bother learning that??? if the 64 hands of hakke is enough to wipe out a person's chakra system, then what is the practicality of learning 128?

Santah
Thu, 01-06-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

Originally posted by: deadlydreamx

no, just having raw chakra flood out of his body is more wasteful than kaiten
however, the whole purpose of kidoumaru aiming for his blindspot is so neji COULDNT counter the arrow.

what else would you have him do? just kaiten around for half an hour until kidoumaru gets bored?

the 128 hands of hakke was a cool addition....except for one thing

why the hell would he bother learning that??? if the 64 hands of hakke is enough to wipe out a person's chakra system, then what is the practicality of learning 128?

So he can beat people like naruto who have 2 sources of chakra i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif? (I dont know)

Aeon
Thu, 01-06-2005, 02:16 PM
Since there is 361 chakra points in the body so hitting 128 of them is prob a death blow. While the 64 one just knocks you out :/.

Goingin
Thu, 01-06-2005, 02:31 PM
no spoiling - AssertnFailure

z0diac
Thu, 01-06-2005, 03:00 PM
listen up people i dont think we need to worry about neji ! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

When i started watching this double ep i told myself that ofcourse Neji might die but then i remembered something that was said by Neji vs Naruto! He talked about the mark on his forehead and stated quite clearly that the mark lifts at the moment of death. Now i told myslef that if that mark disappears then yes it would be dramatic and Neji would die but since they DIDNT show his mark disappearing it means he is alive! i mean if he was dead and the last picture of him showed him with the mark like it did then those who made the series just forgot they said it? no no no... i believe it was on purpose they didnt show it!

bottom line - Choji might be dead but there is hope for Neji!

kyubisrage
Thu, 01-06-2005, 03:15 PM
That ep rocked! Ya i dont think neji died either, because his mark didnt go away. I found new respect for neji he owned

Ioz
Thu, 01-06-2005, 03:54 PM
cool ep neji kicked ass (as well as got his ass kicked) but i don't think he died z0diac is right about the forehead i remember that ep too.

JusDaMan
Thu, 01-06-2005, 04:18 PM
HOW THEY ANIMATED NEJI IN THE END WAS CRAZY!!!! strait up went
poke poke
poke poke poke poke
poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke
poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke
poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke
poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke

chambers
Thu, 01-06-2005, 04:34 PM
serioulsy neji vs hinata was better than this.

also no WAY neji can survive, he took an arrow through the gut. apart from shizune or someone catching up and saving him i dont see how its possible.

IMO the fight just plain sucked, tactics wise i think its more then likley the worst serious fight weve seen in non filler. i mean again i say what the hell? cant neji move out from under the web? he knows he has a blind spot so woudl you run in one direction all the time?

Bakko
Thu, 01-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by: z0diac
I hope Chouji's not dead. I want to see Ino freak out when she see's him skinny.

When the episode first started, the panning and little detailed animations where horrible looking. Then when I saw the fighting I realized where their animation budget went. Those were some sweet moves by Neji. I'm glad he isn't so cocky anymore.

Question about the point hitting. I always thought they added up, since you hear the individual hits.

So 64 point wouldn't be 64 hits, would it?
2 + 4 + 8 + 16 + 32 + 64 = 126 hits

Then 128 hits would be:
2 + 4 + 8 + 16 + 32 + 64 + 128 = 254 hits

This would make sense of Aeon saying there are 361 chakra points and the 64 hit wouldn't fully be enough. Just the amount to hinder movement.

I dunno, the way they animate these things can be a little faulty.

EDIT: People never use Bunshin no Jutsu anymore. Neji could have won without dying.

z0diac
Thu, 01-06-2005, 05:14 PM
I dont think Neji adds em up he's simply counting em, meaning when he says 2 he did 2 points when he says 32 he did 32 points and 64 means he did 64 of em and finished... Neji doesnt know math THAT good to do what u said ^_^

JusDaMan
Thu, 01-06-2005, 05:45 PM
ANyone enjoyed the new ending?

Kagari
Thu, 01-06-2005, 05:55 PM
speechless.....it rendered me speechless.

edit: jusdaman, i don't mean the new ending, i mean the episode....the ending was not even noticed....I was still in shock from the ending.

Knives122
Thu, 01-06-2005, 06:09 PM
LOL, I actually believed you until you made that edit, the ep was good, and that 128 hands of hakke was insane, oh well two down two to go(Im not counting the second head)

XTCBoY2K
Thu, 01-06-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by: Bakko

Originally posted by: z0diac
I hope Chouji's not dead. I want to see Ino freak out when she see's him skinny.

When the episode first started, the panning and little detailed animations where horrible looking. Then when I saw the fighting I realized where their animation budget went. Those were some sweet moves by Neji. I'm glad he isn't so cocky anymore.

Question about the point hitting. I always thought they added up, since you hear the individual hits.

So 64 point wouldn't be 64 hits, would it?
2 + 4 + 8 + 16 + 32 + 64 = 126 hits

Then 128 hits would be:
2 + 4 + 8 + 16 + 32 + 64 + 128 = 254 hits

This would make sense of Aeon saying there are 361 chakra points and the 64 hit wouldn't fully be enough. Just the amount to hinder movement.

I dunno, the way they animate these things can be a little faulty.

EDIT: People never use Bunshin no Jutsu anymore. Neji could have won without dying.

I think it's 64 tenketsu not 64 hits literally.

Scale
Thu, 01-06-2005, 06:46 PM
dam and i tought that i would the frist one to said that the mark had 2 dissaerp i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Board of Command
Thu, 01-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Pretty cool episode. Since 2 eps already had 2 "presumed deaths", Kiba will probably receive one as well, leaving Naruto and Shikamaru the two known survivors. I was never a Neji fan so I'm glad that he might be dead.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-06-2005, 06:52 PM

Fighting 2 people?

Anyway, this fight was fantastic. As you may know I'm not the biggest Neji fan but I really liked this battle. And the animation was great(there was even some CGI in there), except for the couple of shots of Neji where he looked like he had down syndrome.

The 128 thing was just done fantastic. I loved how it would show him moving at normal speed with everything else seeming frozen in time and then it would switch to what the other guy sees and Neji is just a blur.

As far as the dying, I might have believed that Chouji had died, but now that they are making a habit of them seeming to die I don't think ANY of them will actually be dead, cause they aren't going to kill off all the other gennins in the show. And if one of them is gonna survive seeming to die, they probably both/all will.

New ending isn't that good but its better than the last one.

DeathscytheVII
Thu, 01-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Ah, what a refreshing episode to start back on Naruto with i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif (Haven't watched it since that crap Tea Country filler)

I dunno about some people, but Animation was great, the tactics, although sketchy in some parts, were sound, and i guess Neji was too weak or did not have enough chakra to do a Kaiten by the time spider guy was shooting his killer arrows. Besides, how would he know when to do a Kaiten if the guy shoots in his blind spot? So spreading his chakra out was the best strategy.

Anyways, anyone notice the similarities between the red head girl and cagalli from gundam seed? Aside from the voices, they also swear as much as each other too lol.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 01-06-2005, 07:10 PM
This ep was great,44 min with Neji kicking ass or getting his ass kicked is nicei/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

animefreak
Thu, 01-06-2005, 07:18 PM
another emotional scene.

Makenai
Thu, 01-06-2005, 07:25 PM
The ending was so sad. Hope Neji doesn't die. -_-;

Board of Command
Thu, 01-06-2005, 09:23 PM
Hmm I just rewatched the preview for 118. It doesn't actually show this happening, but it seems to me like Naruto mastered to use rasengan without shadow clones. It shows him thrusting it DBZ style (two-handed Kamehameha style)

Aeon
Thu, 01-06-2005, 09:32 PM
One thing that made no sense the whole ep that nobody seemed to post was how the heck did Kido get away from Neji in the first place. One second he's infront of Neji and the next he's in the tree's. Even Neji was like wtf.

Board of Command
Thu, 01-06-2005, 09:50 PM
Maybe he used a technique that creates a mirror image of himself. He set the mirror image then transformed into a fly or something and flew away.

coldpower27
Thu, 01-06-2005, 10:36 PM
wow Neji was awesome, 128 hands of hakke is a new one. At least we get to see everyone shine. So next is kiba going against Sakon probably. And finally we probably will have Shikarmaru going against Tayuya. I hope all the Genin Survive though.

The Cursed Kyubi
Thu, 01-06-2005, 10:54 PM
i hated Neji but now i gained mucho respect for him. i doubt any of them will die, it just makes it seem more dramatic if they all survive with the reactions from Tsunade seeing them all alive with sasuke and finding out they killed the sound four. killing one or two off would seem reasonable, but at this rate they all will die off except naruto and shikamaru most likely, and i think shikamaru suks. If Neji dies, u kno damn well Kiba is dying.

question: next episode is airing next thursday?

DarthEnderX
Fri, 01-07-2005, 12:33 AM
To be fair, I don't expect any of the Sound Four to be dead either.

Terracosmo
Fri, 01-07-2005, 12:36 AM
OMFG! BEST EPISODE VAERUIJAUIEJVEERRRRRRRR it had it all... and screw all you "animation sucks!" people, who the fuck cares about that. Manuscript, pacing, everything was just top-notch. I screamed and cried during this episode and the 40 minutes passed almost as quickly as saying "Terra is sexy". Bloody awesome!

Oh and the part with Akamaru at the beginning was funny.

New ending was good... for a Naruto song. Which doesn't say much at all since almost all have sucked hairy ass.

animefreak
Fri, 01-07-2005, 01:50 AM
Hard to believe that Neji is weak against far distance attack. If Neji is weak against far distance then that mean his entire clan( don't remember the name) weak against it too.

deadlydreamx
Fri, 01-07-2005, 02:02 AM
yea but if there are more than 1 fighting im pretty sure they'll cover each other's back if the other cant see cuz of the blind spot

fremeer
Fri, 01-07-2005, 02:28 AM
i still think that turning around is a better strategy than forcing your back to an arrow, even if the spider guy could move his arrow it would be easier to spot it when its coming to you because otherwise the arrow would have to go a full arc while keeping 50 metre from neji which mean a distance of 157 metres around neji. anyways why leave your weak spot open when you dont need to.

also i think that 64 hands is more a tech that speeds up movement and perception instead of just hitting chakra points because neji can hit chakra points normally

Myran
Fri, 01-07-2005, 03:26 AM
Why dont he just make that chakra shield he used on his back? Or just wear armor on his back? Hm..

Originally posted by: animefreak
Hard to believe that Neji is weak against far distance attack. If Neji is weak against far distance then that mean his entire clan( don't remember the name) weak against it too.Well, it doesnt really mean that at all. They could all be insanely skilled with those knifes, it just means that Neji hasnt learned any ranged attack moves. There should be nothing that prevents him to learn those fire breath things Sasuke can do, hes probably just lazy.
Also, the head branch could have secret ranged attack things they dont want Neji to know, Neji has had to figure out most/all of his techniques on his own, hasnt he?

Assertn
Fri, 01-07-2005, 04:07 AM
didnt you guys notice.....that neji WAS trying to cover up his blind spot?

thats why after level 2 kidoumaru shot the first arrow, neji started running around and looking in different directions

TwisT
Fri, 01-07-2005, 04:25 AM
Terra already said it.. BEST EPISODE EVER!!!! Neji is Da Man..

And fools.. Neji can't die.. He is immortal.. When you get that cool you can't die..

And once again, best episode ever!!!

HokageSama
Fri, 01-07-2005, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by: chambers
serioulsy neji vs hinata was better than this.

also no WAY neji can survive, he took an arrow through the gut. apart from shizune or someone catching up and saving him i dont see how its possible.

IMO the fight just plain sucked, tactics wise i think its more then likley the worst serious fight weve seen in non filler. i mean again i say what the hell? cant neji move out from under the web? he knows he has a blind spot so woudl you run in one direction all the time?

*sigh* You just can't please everyone these days.

*goes back to watching Neji kick some spider ass*

anime050
Fri, 01-07-2005, 10:23 AM
Are these the first eps where they focus everything on neji? o_O.

Well, first good eps anyways =/.

Anyhow, after watching these Neji is now my fav character =D.

Terracosmo
Fri, 01-07-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by: anime050

You have seen the light!

Goingin
Fri, 01-07-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

You have seen the light!

Too bad for you Neji's dead

(This comment is based on ep 117, i cannot be sued for for future changes like resurrection i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif)

anime050
Fri, 01-07-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by: Goingin

Originally posted by: Terracosmo

You have seen the light!

Too bad for you Neji's dead

(This comment is based on ep 117, i cannot be sued for for future changes like resurrection )

Oh please, he can't be dead -_-. He's prolly just sleeping i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif.

SeifeR
Fri, 01-07-2005, 02:32 PM
no way can they kill off neji i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Assassin
Fri, 01-07-2005, 03:09 PM
ya, its unlikely that they'll kill off neji....first off, its too predictable/cliche. chouji died proving himself to everyone else. but neji didn't need to do that. if he dies, thats just lame, cuz then everyone else will have to die too, since the enemies are getting harder each time, and shika and kiba are nothing compared to neji.

secondly, like others have said, his seal didn't disappear. if he had died, the animators wouldve done a big dramatic moment with it disappearing and neji finally becomd free of the hyuuga fate and all that.

SilentSnake
Fri, 01-07-2005, 03:27 PM
I think it's not his time... yet i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

he's got a potential to a beautiful death though... probably will die sooner or later, but imho he atleast SHOULDN'T die yet i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

It would be a waste, I really started to like him after the end of neji/naruto fight, which was nicely flashbacked in recent ep/eps i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

dunno 'bout Chouji though... well, Neji doesn't seem as dead as he seems i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

EDIT: yup, Assasin's right, I forgot about the seal and he explains it all.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 01-07-2005, 03:38 PM
I loved the episode, I thought it was the best battle since Rock Lee Vs. Gaara, maybe best in the entire series. I hope Naruto and Shikamaru have a crazy ass battle though.

Board of Command
Fri, 01-07-2005, 04:07 PM
I think the branch family seal is actually a tattoo.

Ioz
Fri, 01-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
I think the branch family seal is actually a tattoo.

damn you Board_of_command must you rain on everyones hopes that neji isn't dead

jing
Fri, 01-07-2005, 04:25 PM
Wow wicked ep =P
now who or what is Kimimaro ........? mentioned by kidoumaru...

Assertn
Fri, 01-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by: fremeer
i still think that turning around is a better strategy than forcing your back to an arrow, even if the spider guy could move his arrow it would be easier to spot it when its coming to you because otherwise the arrow would have to go a full arc while keeping 50 metre from neji which mean a distance of 157 metres around neji. anyways why leave your weak spot open when you dont need to.

also i think that 64 hands is more a tech that speeds up movement and perception instead of just hitting chakra points because neji can hit chakra points normally

i'd like to see you turn 180 degrees between the time that an arrow leaves a bow to the time that it reaches you.

oh, and about the 64 hands of hakke.....im not sure if its 64 hits total, or 64+32+16...
but what i DO know, is that when i play naruto for gamecube and perform the move, it gets me a 64 hit combo i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Goingin
Fri, 01-07-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by: jing
Wow wicked ep =P

I explained it a little because people where asking but Assertn decided i was spoiling (as i was trying not to do while writing the reply, still don't understand the spoiler part of it)

animefreak
Fri, 01-07-2005, 05:29 PM
just so you ppl know that Sakuke also died by taking the death pill. Maybe there's also a pill to waken the dead, after all the four sound was about to do something to bring Sakuke back to live, maybe there's a way to bring back fat boy and Neji too.

Assassin
Fri, 01-07-2005, 05:42 PM
sasuke didn't die, he is in a deep coma. it was stated in the ep rite before he takes the pill i think. the only way to bring back the dead that we've seen so far is oro's technique, and i doub't he'll be doing that on chouji or anyone else.

I think the branch family seal is actually a tattoo

no, not in the proper sense anyway. it is a tattoo in that its a permenant mark on thier skin, but remember in the flashback, when neji's father stares at hinata, and hinata's father activates the seal. it was also mentioned during the neji/naruto fight that the seal can destroy thier brain or something like that. so its not just a simple mark to indicate brach family members, it actually is a seal of some sort.

animefreak
Fri, 01-07-2005, 05:54 PM
Yea i checked and you're right, it is a coma, but he could died if the shield Techinque failed.

Paulyboy
Fri, 01-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Man you guys should just read the manga its similar kinda of on some parts so you wont have to wait

Board of Command
Fri, 01-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Kimimaro is most likely another one of Oro's followers. I think I saw a manga cover or something with this new guy standing in the middle of the sound four. Sorry if this sounds like a spoiler...

Assertn
Fri, 01-07-2005, 07:11 PM

Wow wicked ep =P

I explained it a little because people where asking but Assertn decided i was spoiling (as i was trying not to do while writing the reply, still don't understand the spoiler part of it)

because you're trying to hint at whats gonna happen soon in the series
why dont you just not say anything like the rest of us i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

and btw,

"I explained it a little because people where (sic) asking"

this in itself should answer your question, because obviously it wasnt kishimoto's intent to explain anything about kimimaro yet

Myran
Sat, 01-08-2005, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailurei'd like to see you turn 180 degrees between the time that an arrow leaves a bow to the time that it reaches you.Especially when you have no idea when the arrow is shot.

Originally posted by: Paulyboy
Man you guys should just read the manga its similar kinda of on some parts so you wont have to waitThats kinda stupid, if we read the manga we'd have to wait for the next manga chapter so the wait would still be there, just at a different point in the series.

fremeer
Sat, 01-08-2005, 05:47 AM
actually the manga aint coming out for a while supposedly so manga readers are gonna wait even longer.

also i meant after getting hit by it once, why get hit by it a second time in the back.

Goingin
Sat, 01-08-2005, 07:39 AM

Wow wicked ep =P

because you're trying to hint at whats gonna happen soon in the series
why dont you just not say anything like the rest of us

and btw,

"I explained it a little because people where (sic) asking"

this in itself should answer your question, because obviously it wasnt kishimoto's intent to explain anything about kimimaro yet

Okay, then i'm sorry for that

DB_Hunter
Sat, 01-08-2005, 09:36 AM
I think Neji is still alive.... and when he recovers I think he should learn from this fight and start to learn some medium to long range ninjutsu... seems a pity he ended up with Gai as a sensei... he has a completely different taijutsu style to him and it seems he hasn't taught his team any ninjutusu... though Tenten did during the the Chunnin prelims do that jutsu with the two scrolls and stuff....

Naroku
Sat, 01-08-2005, 10:32 AM
i doubt that Neji is dead and i hope Chouji isn't dead because he's only just now showing his extreme awesomeness, it would suck for him to die now

animefreak
Sat, 01-08-2005, 10:02 PM
if Neji make it out alive then i'm sure he will overcome his weak point. If you remember the fight when Naruto beat Neji with a clone technique, after the fight Naruto say that cloning is his worst technique. If Naruto could do it then Neji could too.

drcitan
Sat, 01-08-2005, 10:10 PM
The animation in the beginning was terrible but I understand that they were saving the best drawings for the best scenes. $@#$%^& tight ass ep. The moves Neji pulled off had be fabergasesed(overlook me spelling): Kidoumaru's version of the ultimate defense was bad ass. He def represented for the sound village displaying his skills on the battlefield. The rest off the shit Im not even gonna type b/c half the ppl already did. And Neji isn't died b/c has has not surpassed his uncle.

animefreak
Sat, 01-08-2005, 10:29 PM
I don't think Neji wants to surpass his uncle. I think he just want to proof himself that he should be the rightful heir of the clan not Hinata.

Assassin
Sat, 01-08-2005, 11:01 PM
well hinatas not the hier anymore anyway, its her little bro.

"I explained it a little because people where (sic) asking

this is unrelated, but what does the "(sic)" mean? i've always wodnered that.

JusDaMan
Sat, 01-08-2005, 11:43 PM
hinata dont got a little brother... she got a little sister called hanabi who has more potential than hinata AHAHHAHA. but hinata is still heir to the throne. unless she dies hanabi can never get to become king!

vvvvvvvv yea watevers... im gender blind vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

deadlydreamx
Sat, 01-08-2005, 11:45 PM
uh.. dont u mean queen

Myran
Sun, 01-09-2005, 01:32 AM
Sic means kinda "Yes, it actually said that" when its used in quotes.
Example:
"The moves Neji pulled off had be fabergasesed (sic!)" The (sic!) shows that I did not misquote, the person who first said it actually misspelled it.
Or if i dont quote and say sth like this:
She got a little sister called Hanabi (sic!) who has more potential than Hinata.
It probably means that I think that name is stupid. As-in I didnt misunderstand the name or make it up, the creators actually named her that.

Edit-
Worth mentioning is that it in many cases is insulting to whoever you are quoting (if you are quoting), for example my first example could be seen as me insulting drcitan and the second example could be seen as me insulting the creators of Naruto (and that was not my intention)

Also, if you use it a lot in a text it can be seen as an insult to the reader that he constantly needs to be reassured of correct facts, as if he could not think of his own.

So dont use it ad nauseam.

Board of Command
Sun, 01-09-2005, 01:53 AM
Nah Kidomaru's defense ability isn't that great, especially compared to Gaara's. Kidomaru is totally immobile if he uses it and it takes time for it to come out of his pores and harden. Any fast fighter can overcome this by hitting different spots simultaneously. Neji couldn't damage him because he already started activated the shield long before the attack. We just didn't see it on screen so it gives that suspense feeling. If he covers himself completely with it, then he's practically screwed himself if someone uses ninjutsus on him.

Myran
Sun, 01-09-2005, 02:04 AM
Isnt that true with Gaaras sand-ball too?

JusDaMan
Sun, 01-09-2005, 02:41 AM
garra's sandball is activated weather garra wants it to or not. sure people greater or equal to lee's speed can beat that. but garra's defence is better than kidoumaru just cause it dont require chakra

Myran
Sun, 01-09-2005, 02:52 AM
Ah, his ordenary defense.. Well, everyone and their mothers seem to be able to fuck that one up. Lee could, Sasuke learned how to in a month, im sure Neji could too (or just do whirl right next to him). Naruto probably can break with with a combo of clones and Rasengan. Pretty much every single one of the grown-ups should be able to break it without any problem at all.

And its not really like Gaara does anything anyway, he seems happy with just standing there defending for first half of the fight, during that time anyone can jump back and do ninjitsus.

?igma
Sun, 01-09-2005, 06:53 AM
I just keep hoping some Artist draws one of those trees all wrong and then the whole fellowship of the Sasuke rams into the tree. Dead.

Really, the jumping through trees is nothing more then flying while going up and down ._.

fremeer
Sun, 01-09-2005, 08:03 AM
gaara stands around not doing anything because he is the man, the man does not concern himself with weaklings i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
garra is cool but i want to see kiba fight since he kinda sucks imo. boring fighter to much spinning and various other crap. i want akamaru to start talking though that would be cool.

just to go off-topic for a second. i wonder what would happen if a clan has a black sheep, like a skinny akimichi member, a person weirded out by bugs in shinos clan etc etc. do they get ridiculed like hinata or just ignored i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

i think making people look like they are jumping is easier than making them look like they are flying, ie you cant just draw a motionless figure and make them fly, it looks wrong but all that jumping is a single drawing being moved in upside down U movements(to the more mathematically minded absolute sine waves or |sinx| just to be a smartarse)

Board of Command
Sun, 01-09-2005, 01:43 PM
You seem to forget that Gaara can also attack while he's defending. He can control the sand ball while he's inside and do all sorts of jutsus because the ball is hollow. He just didn't do it against Sasuke because he was inside trying to turn into Shukaku. The show wouldn't be too exciting if Gaara just impaled Sasuke with a big sand spike through the head.

Kidomaru's defense on the other hand turns himself into a statue, making him immobile until he sheds the armor.

Myran
Sun, 01-09-2005, 02:21 PM
You seem to forget that Gaara can also attack while he's defending. He can control the sand ball while he's inside and do all sorts of jutsus because the ball is hollow. He just didn't do it against Sasuke because he was inside trying to turn into Shukaku. The show wouldn't be too exciting if Gaara just impaled Sasuke with a big sand spike through the head. Sure, but outside the opponent can do anything, too. If it was Naruto he could just summon Gamabunta an crush the ball. Or maybe someone could use that black fire (i think Itachi can beat Gaara easier than that though).

Originally posted by: BOARD_of_commandKidomaru's defense on the other hand turns himself into a statue, making him immobile until he sheds the armor.Maybe.. Thats just a guess, a guess as good as any other. Maybe he, too, can make spikes and shoot them? We know he can do it with his mouth..

Board of Command
Sun, 01-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by: Myran
Sure, but outside the opponent can do anything, too. If it was Naruto he could just summon Gamabunta an crush the ball. Or maybe someone could use that black fire (i think Itachi can beat Gaara easier than that though).
Defense doesn't involve the immobilization of the opponent. That's offensive strategy. You can say that for every other defense move as well. Sure Neji can do kaiten, but that doesn't mean his opponent will just stand and watch. They can still do anything they want, Neji's kaiten doesn't prevent that.

Maybe.. Thats just a guess, a guess as good as any other. Maybe he, too, can make spikes and shoot them? We know he can do it with his mouth..
That's not a guess, it's a fact. If you're encased in metal you can't move, unless you only only leave the joints uncovered...but then that's not encased anymore. Plus, immobility doesn't mean you can't do anything else. Maybe he's like Gaara and can reshape the armor, no one knows. Immobility just means he can't move around. Oro is handicapped but that doesn't mean he can't fight.

intense
Sun, 01-09-2005, 07:35 PM
i bet you lots of money that neji lives... like cmon.. they cant just kill him off right now... its prolly just an event that creates suspense theme, and emotion towards the story... but yea... neji its TOO good to die!!!! no way.. i refuse to believe it.

Myran
Sun, 01-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Defense doesn't involve the immobilization of the opponent. That's offensive strategy. You can say that for every other defense move as well. Sure Neji can do kaiten, but that doesn't mean his opponent will just stand and watch. They can still do anything they want, Neji's kaiten doesn't prevent that.Thats my point, Gaaras defense is just the same as Kidomarus. Theyre both just pure defense.

That's not a guess, it's a fact. If you're encased in metal you can't move, unless you only only leave the joints uncovered...but then that's not encased anymore. Plus, immobility doesn't mean you can't do anything else. Maybe he's like Gaara and can reshape the armor, no one knows. Immobility just means he can't move around. Oro is handicapped but that doesn't mean he can't fight.No, it's a guess. It is true that if youre encased in metal you can't move, were not talking about metal here though. We're talking about some fictional material that we have no idea what he can do with. If you assume it is exactly like metal, then yes hes just a statue. We know for a fact that he does some funky chakra thing with it though, so that suggests that he can manipulate it when on his body. Probably not very much though, then hes just walk around with it constantly.
We dont know how immobile he is with the armor on. If he makes armor everywhere except at his joints it seems reasonable that he can move around and be very mobile.

Board of Command
Sun, 01-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Time: 5:05

Kidomaru: "Once my Kumo Nenkin is released out in the air, it is transformed into a metal alloy"

I don't think there's much argument there...

Myran
Sun, 01-09-2005, 09:47 PM

Kidomaru: "Once my Kumo Nenkin is released out in the air, it is transformed into a metal alloy"

I don't think there's much argument there...Right you are, I missed that one.
The skipping joints thing still works though, and depending on how advanced control he has he could make protected joints with movement.

Anyway, my point was that Gaara is also immobile so at that point their defences are equal.

basey44
Sun, 01-09-2005, 10:06 PM
i havent seen this ep yet so i dont know exactly whats going on but judging by this conversation it seems that the sound guy cant move at all correct. the point was while gaara is in his ball he can move around inside it, making various handseals and stuff, Board already said this. Theoretically he could sit in his ball and order whatever sand that isnt making the ball to try to kill his opponent. or if he knew how he could make kage bunshins outside the ball, the point if while gaara is still very well defended he can still attack, where as this guy appears not to be able to according to what i picked up listening to you two.

Myran
Sun, 01-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Eh. First of all board was talking about immobality, wich Gaara also has. The thing is we never really saw his armor in action, only parts of him was covered in it, and if you consider the fact that the sound guy can most likely create a huge hollow ball (just like gaara) of that armor goo, so he could a?lso sit in a little house of goo and make seals.

Board of Command
Sun, 01-09-2005, 11:22 PM
Basey, the sound guy moves a lot in this ep. We're just discussing one of his abilities.

Myran
Mon, 01-10-2005, 01:22 AM
He's even pretty damn quick i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

He mentions both that it actually turns into a metal alloy (i assume this is not literally) and that chakra cannot pass through, does that mean they cannot have chakra pass through normal metal either? I never really understood that, they cna obviously make it go through air, but what about something like earth? The fat guy could do it and raise the earth, but that seemed like some special ability of his. But on the other hand the 3rd was able to create huge walls of mud from when he was fighting on the rooftop. Does that mean they can actually create material, or only draw it out? If they can create (wich seems logical since the mud wall did just appear) couldnt Neji, at least in theory, also create a defence very similar to the spider guys since he can manipulate chakra from anywehere on his body?

Also, whats up with noone learning the stuff like fireballs (like sasuke)?

DB_Hunter
Mon, 01-10-2005, 01:53 AM
Yea... if Neji knew the fire jutsu he could have taken out those spiders easily...

Ioz
Mon, 01-10-2005, 02:29 AM
Maybe he used a technique that creates a mirror image of himself. He set the mirror image then transformed into a fly or something and flew away.

wow what a great imagination you have.

fremeer
Mon, 01-10-2005, 09:39 AM
the cool defense thing he has could maybe allow him to move if it was light. just dont impede the joints and movement is allowed.
and what ifs dont work in naruto because naruto could just go ask gamabunta for help with all the small fries or why doesnt tsunade ask jiraiya for help?

Assertn
Mon, 01-10-2005, 12:09 PM

I don't think there's much argument there...

except for the fact that you are quoting dattebayo, which is just as justifiable as quoting nothing at all

also you guys, dont forget, gaara's armor of sand can completely cover his body constantly while he can freely move around. And I would put kidoumaru's web armor on an equal level to gaara's sand armor.

Deblas
Mon, 01-10-2005, 12:21 PM
I would say kidoumarus web armor is much better thatn garaa's sand armor cause kidoumaru can still move while garaa stays in one place when he has the shield

DarthEnderX
Mon, 01-10-2005, 01:32 PM
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wow what a great imagination you have.

I have to agree with Board here.

On the subject of Kido suddenly vanishing, there's something I noticed watching that scene again.

When they are standing there looking at each other, there is this...distortion, that moves along the treetrunk in the middle of the screen. Looks kinda like when a character is invisible, only smaller. I think that thing, whatever it is, is Kido slipping away while he simply left an illusion of himself standing there. Then the illusion disappears and it looks like he just vanished.

Watch it again, its pretty obvious if you're looking for it.

Assertn
Mon, 01-10-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas
I would say kidoumarus web armor is much better thatn garaa's sand armor cause kidoumaru can still while garaa stays in one place when he has the shield

huh? kidoumaru can still what? you totally made that sentence worthless by not finishing it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

im assuming you meant "move", but you still completely ignored what i said. gaara's SAND ARMOR is different than his SAND SHIELD. Not to mention that everyone's saying that kidoumaru CANT move with his armor, so what's your reasoning for saying differently?

Deblas
Mon, 01-10-2005, 02:10 PM

Originally posted by: Deblas
I would say kidoumarus web armor is much better thatn garaa's sand armor cause kidoumaru can still while garaa stays in one place when he has the shield

huh? kidoumaru can still what? you totally made that sentence worthless by not finishing it

im assuming you meant "move", but you still completely ignored what i said. gaara's SAND ARMOR is different than his SAND SHIELD. Not to mention that everyone's saying that kidoumaru CANT move with his armor, so what's your reasoning for saying differently?

oops. haha thanks assertn ill edit it now i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Deblas
Mon, 01-10-2005, 02:17 PM
my reason: in the episode when neji finished his attack in a cloud of smoke you saw kidoumaru get up unharmed. that means when he got up he had the armor which means he can move while he has the web armor

EDIT: Sorry for the double post but i couldnt edit my last one to put my reason(wierd).

Assertn
Mon, 01-10-2005, 02:34 PM
even so, gaara can still move around with his sand armor. Probably with his sand shield as well, after all, it did follow him around when lee was kicking him around in the prelims (of course that can be my only example simply because gaara CHOOSES never to move around)

Board of Command
Mon, 01-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
I have to agree with Board here.

On the subject of Kido suddenly vanishing, there's something I noticed watching that scene again.

When they are standing there looking at each other, there is this...distortion, that moves along the treetrunk in the middle of the screen. Looks kinda like when a character is invisible, only smaller. I think that thing, whatever it is, is Kido slipping away while he simply left an illusion of himself standing there. Then the illusion disappears and it looks like he just vanished.

Watch it again, its pretty obvious if you're looking for it.
I always thought that was a leaf, but after this discussion I'm starting to think otherwise.

ZakuHan
Mon, 01-10-2005, 07:00 PM
even so, gaara can still move around with his sand armor. Probably with his sand shield as well, after all, it did follow him around when lee was kicking him around in the prelims (of course that can be my only example simply because gaara CHOOSES never to move around)

Right, Gaara does have mobility with his sand armor on and the shield will attempt to follow him and protect him of its own will.

As for Kido standing up with the armor still on it's possible the armor around his legs had already fallen off. I don't have the episode anymore to double check but I believe it only showed the armor on his face crumbling off, which could be the last of it.

KitKat
Tue, 01-11-2005, 09:31 AM
I never seem to get around to watching these episodes until the discussions are pages and pages long.

Anyways, I thought this was a fabulous ep. A lot of fun from start to finish. And even though I will never love Neji as much as Shikamaru, Neji was pretty awesome in this episode.

As for the debate that's going on about Kidoumaru's armor, I speculate that he has some limited control over its material properties (i.e. hardness, strength, malleability). My reasoning is this. When he forms it around his body, it is strong enough to withstand Neji's attack. However, when he stops needing it, it crumbles off easily. This suggests some manner of control on Kidoumaru's part. So, theoretically, he may also be able to make it malleable enough for him to be able to move while encased in it.

Jman
Thu, 01-13-2005, 04:05 PM
dled ealier but I just watched it and I gotta say I enjoyed it a lot. I don't think I had this much fun watching an eps. since Gaara vs Lee. This ep was pure fiyah and has to be Teh Best 1hr Speshul EVAR!!!1eleventyone
I can't say enough good things about it. WOO this ep kicked sooo much ass man. I'm hyped. *backflips 4x Man they better animate the Kimimaro battle well too. Oh and before anyone says "OMG teh spoilarz" if you paid close attention to the ep, Shika...er Kidoumaru mentions Kimi so hold dat.

Anyhow the standings so far:
Jiroubou (the fatass) < Chouji
Kidoumaru (the spidey guy) < Neji
Tayuya (the chick) - will fight next ep.
Sakon (the two-headed queer) - will fight next ep.

Hope A/A gets 118 out this week and not next or the week after <_<
I'll prolly just get DB if I can't wait.

Lastly I must state my disgust for the latest ED. It has absolutely no substance at all. Apart from a few snapshots of chibi naruto & sasuke, the ending is filled with bright ass colors with naruto who appears to be running around like an asshat. As if that isn't bad enough, the singing is awful and only serves purpose as to complimenting the shitty sequences of naruto running on the spot. Seriously it must've took them 5 maybe 10 minutes to record that song. Sounded like they took a bunch of silverware and put it in a blender.
Anyhow I'm out.

Board of Command
Thu, 01-13-2005, 05:14 PM
I agree the new ending sucks. They should've kept the last ending a bit longer since it's only been used for 10 eps

kooshi
Thu, 01-13-2005, 05:50 PM
Yeah, this ending does not get my approval at all. Both the animation AND the song don't suit my taste.
Well, A/A FINALLY got their episode out (my long patience has endured, yahoo!). Such a kickass episode. It's so nice to see this type of episode again after all the crap the past episodes went through.

miaka
Thu, 01-13-2005, 08:31 PM
Aeon said : fullcrap, as if Neji would die to the likes of him. I won't believe it till I see a funeral that has a crying Tenten(Less face time then Kin, that's sad).

lol.. i was saying the same thing from the chouiji episode.. right after i saw chouji episode i said i won't believe and refuse to believe they died till they show a funeral and ppl crying... and same with neji episode as well

@_@ i sincerely can't believe ppl who say this episode sucks.. i mean episodes these days are just awesome.. and shows character development.. last episode made me respect chouji.. and this episode made me love neji.. he is so kawaii and kewl..^_^ and i like how he totally got over his hardship.. and now trusts naruto and comrades.. loved the part where he says "HE WILL SAVE HIM" and refuse to believe that guy when he said there is no way.. and i would love to see neji learn even more techniques.. i mean there have to be more techniques from hyuuga clan.. !!

basey44
Thu, 01-13-2005, 09:29 PM
bah i hated the chouji fight and the start of the neji fight. there was just something lacking, besides the animation. the chouji fight was just who can hit who the hardest, no tactics and the sound guy stood there and watched him eat the pills. i didnt like the start of the neji fight so much either, but that was mainly because of the animation, but by the end it was good i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. yes this new ending does really suck balls

kooshi
Thu, 01-13-2005, 10:03 PM
Yeah, Chouji fight wasn't that good. Not much happened since most of it was based on his past. Enough with the past and get on with the action! It's been far too long, haha.

Jman
Fri, 01-14-2005, 11:20 PM
how bout kidoumaru's spiderman impression. watched this ep again. it kicks so much ass.

Deblas
Fri, 01-14-2005, 11:32 PM
yea. kidoumaru kicks ass. je looked awesome when he was in the second level

DB_Hunter
Sat, 01-15-2005, 10:00 AM
Why do they all look ugly when they go to the second level... uglyness shouldn't come with a power up...

I bet when Sasuke does come out of that barrel with the level 2 seal and one day faces Itachi, Itachi prolly gonna kick the crap out of him again and say somethin like true power isn't achevied by taking shortcuts or something like that...