PDA

View Full Version : has naruto lost its maturity factor?

RasenDori
Thu, 12-23-2004, 09:46 PM
i remember the good old days in naruto when sasukes could their bodies pierced with kunais and have a arm cut off, narutos could pierce their own hands, gatous could could get their heads lobbed off, hakus could get chidoris in the heart, waterfall ninjas could make the sky rain blood, zakus could get an arm blown off, narutos could let kabutos stab their hands, and nejis could get holes the size of baseballs put in their boides.

its seems that compared to all of this the gaiden story was vastly censored. from the panel switching views when the flash kills the first stone ninja, to not seeing a clear shot of where obito stabs the second stone ninja, to the angle changing when kakashi chidoris the last on stone ninja, we have been cheated out of every good violent scene with the exception of the obito pancake (which was poorly done my opinon).

do you guys think that this will be the continuing trend for naruto? or will we go back to our good ol' happy bloody days?

Terracosmo
Thu, 12-23-2004, 11:04 PM
What maturity factor?

Does excessive violence make a manga mature?

Souryusen
Thu, 12-23-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
What maturity factor?

Does excessive violence make a manga mature?

Hush. Subtlety is for pussies.

RasenDori
Thu, 12-23-2004, 11:16 PM
not really... i couldnt think of any other way to describe it with out making it sound so violent... i guess i shouldnt sugar coat it

Lefty
Fri, 12-24-2004, 12:24 AM
I think seeing some one half crushed under a bolder not some what violent. If you ureally read the series it's not a violent as you first think. granted their are times when the blood factor goes up but for the most part it's basic violence for a shonen style manga.

basey44
Fri, 12-24-2004, 05:07 AM
more and more this seems to me its becoming a little kids show, but then again it probably always was i just enjoyed it too much seeing zabuza slicing through people with a kunai in his mouth

JusDaMan
Fri, 12-24-2004, 10:39 AM
its always been a kids show.... most if not all shonen manga/anime are made for boys. its just that japan has less standard of censorship than other country to care that much about blood

Assertn
Fri, 12-24-2004, 02:13 PM
i think there shouldve been a large blood geyser erupt from kakashi's eye when it got slashed. Then with obito completely covered in his friend's blood, he unleashes a fit of rage and EATS the intestines of the camoflauged guy

yeah, that wouldve been neat

Souryusen
Fri, 12-24-2004, 03:13 PM
Bah, the gaiden was one of the most mature chapters thus far stictly because they didn't feel compelled to show Kakashi fighting hordes of Rock jounin and the like.

Assertn's idea is a good one though. They should have showed Kakashi chidori'ing that dude's head. Oh man... right IN THE HEAD. They could have showed his brain popping out. And then Kakashi would totally rip his spine out and use it as a whip to beat the rock jounin.

Rin is a girl so she just watches.

Edort4
Fri, 12-24-2004, 04:19 PM
I dont want to see more blood than neeeded, no gore, but what i really dont want is naruto to become a disney like manga. if they kill someone they kill it(not only sounds or the shadow of a dead body) the anime is more soft than the manga but i dont complain if they keep it like it has been until now.

Bye.

Raven
Fri, 12-24-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by: Souryusen
Assertn's idea is a good one though. They should have showed Kakashi chidori'ing that dude's head. Oh man... right IN THE HEAD. They could have showed his brain popping out. And then Kakashi would totally rip his spine out and use it as a whip to beat the rock jounin.

Rin is a girl so she just watches.
If this were Gantz that would probably actually happen.

Assertn
Sat, 12-25-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by: Edort4
I dont want to see more blood than neeeded, no gore, but what i really dont want is naruto to become a disney like manga. if they kill someone they kill it(not only sounds or the shadow of a dead body) the anime is more soft than the manga but i dont complain if they keep it like it has been until now.

Bye.

oh yeah wtf....im glad im not the only one who saw a little of good ol' walt disney's magical touch in that kakashi gaiden

Hakeem_21
Sat, 12-25-2004, 06:20 PM
I just glad that we saw a character die cause even in these kind of mangas sometime someone have to die.