PDA

View Full Version : Episode 9 Discussion (spoilers)

fremeer
Sun, 12-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Havent seen it yet but get it at http://seed.eatshoe.com/

more will be added after i see it

Assassin
Mon, 12-13-2004, 12:12 AM
wow....so that lacus clone theory was true i guess

is it just me, or did the producers intend to make the earth alliances's ultimatum sound exactly like Bush's ultimatum to iraq? the whole dismantelling of the militart, allowing inspectors into plant, dismantiling the government.......

anyway, good ep over all. that neutron stampeder was amazing.

didn't they already do the nuclear missle thing in seed? a whole bunch of mobile suits try to attack plant with nukes, and the gundam squad tries to blow up all the nukes before they strike.

i can't wait till athuran and kira get back into action. i also hope shin dies in teh first battle. with a gay ass gundam like Impulse, he doesn't deserve to be in the series.

fremeer
Mon, 12-13-2004, 01:59 AM
when i a saw lacusa i was speechless. nice episode. the action was there and the plot development was there. i felt the parallels between iraqi war as well. war starts over terrorist act and then a bunch of rascists make it really bad. cant wait to see next episode.

XwingRob
Mon, 12-13-2004, 03:59 AM
Hmm, good episode. This whole cloning business is driving me nuts. Is clone Lacus a bad person or just a clone by the council for PR reasons?
And Lacus has the SEED right? Does this mean that all clone or relatives of people have the SEED? Does that mean there is a clone Athrun somewhere? Arrgh.

GLS
Mon, 12-13-2004, 10:51 AM
Get the AKingdom-Aone version here (http://a.scarywater.net/aone/%5BA-Kingdom_-_AonE%5D_Gundam_SEED_Destiny_-_09_%5B06B65D04%5D.avi.torrent).

good episode! Saviour, next episode i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

That stampeder was pretty cool. Reminded me of what the Earth Forces did back in SEED, except w/o the sacrificing of their own lives, of course.
I'm curious about the Lacus clone, as well. Look like she was doing some dancing or somethin'

Guardian_2000
Mon, 12-13-2004, 02:04 PM
SEED Fansub version is out as well at Tokyotosho.

This just shows you that they are prepared this time and were expecting a nuclear strike. Its like the anti nuke weapon. Alliance should have known better not to try something like this again. I was hoping for more of an appearance from the Windams then being bomb deployers. Oh well

We meet the Lacus double this ep. They really are laying on here. She's likely a clone from the time she went missing and was captured by the Archangel. Its that personality that she has. After meeting Kira her personality starting shifting and she became the woman she is now. This one is simply the pop star Lacus who sings and dances on stage for all of PLANT. I'm wondering if this clone thinks she is still engaged to Athrun. And has Athrun feelings changed towards a receptive Lacus?

Anyone notice that one orange suit? Could it be Yzak's fiance "to be"? Also Savior next episode. I can't agree more the waiting is killing me. I gotta see Athrun's face when he sees it.

PSJ
Mon, 12-13-2004, 04:20 PM
awesome episode i loved it and that orange suit was kinda hard to miss i want to see who pilots it, maybe weäll see a familiar face? jibril as always is a perfect villian and dulinandal seems to know some stuff the other zaft council members doesnt. and assasin does that mean you hate all main gundams? since they all look alike. i like impulse better than strike shinn pilots it more gracefully than kira piloted strike and i dont care if its a war and they dont need to be graceful its still cooler to see a gundam that does cool movement while killing enemies, thats the reason i hate to see yzak in battle he just goes for the full frontal attack firing all weapons he got. and kagari need to shape up now she has been worse than ever the latest episodes. she should just join the earth alliance and save her own country thats what i would have done. and last guardian you should say something like "IN YOUR FACE" about the lacus clone theory there were many of us including me who thought you were crazy. i want kira and asuran up in there suits now more than ever. i like how they have taken neo and the other theifs out of the picture for a while to focus on the whole war more they didnt do that in seed, they just followed kira around.

Terracosmo
Mon, 12-13-2004, 06:04 PM
It was nice to hear Yzak scream KUSO again.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Yay for the american Haro. Clone Lacus is definately sexier than pedophile silent Lacus.

intense
Mon, 12-13-2004, 06:21 PM
so it was a lacus clone.. hahah it would be pretty funny if both athrun and kira can have a lacus!!!.. but yea.. pretty good episode, watch it.. its good!

Barumonk
Mon, 12-13-2004, 06:25 PM
I thought the neutron stampede weapon was interesting, it looks like it works in the opposite way of the neutron jammer. Not really in the same way as the neutron jammer canceller, but it seems more like it forces nuclear reactions from unstable elements (plutonium, uranium, etc). Basically the weapon caused all the nuclear warheads to explode which destroyed EA's nuclear strike fleet, an interesting way to use EA's power against them.

intense
Mon, 12-13-2004, 06:28 PM
i guess that little stampede thingy is just a miniature version of G.E.N.I.S.I.S from GSEED

GLS
Mon, 12-13-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
Anyone notice that one orange suit? Could it be Yzak's fiance "to be"?

That orange suit sure was whoopin' some tail, thats for sure. Nobody even went, "damnnn, that guy/girl is good!" Thats what surprised me about the episode.

kyubisrage
Mon, 12-13-2004, 08:06 PM
The stampeder reminded me of the g.e.n.i.s.i.s and that thing the matrix ship had. The energy emiter thing. w/e that clone lacus is a little to perky.

XwingRob
Mon, 12-13-2004, 08:06 PM

No, it's Naruto's Mobile Suit!!!

Mut
Mon, 12-13-2004, 08:27 PM
yzak is getting married..? who is yzak marrying? what's his name?

Shinigami
Mon, 12-13-2004, 09:07 PM
First off, Great episode........Neutron thingy OWNEDZ the nukes........and Jibril hehe.

Orange suit, i got a feeling its the "fiancee of Yzak" since were calling her that.

Also, about the double Lacus, the only diff is her star like hairclip versus Original Lacus with her dual hairclip.
In addition, we are all oblivious idiots for not noticing the many hints that the producers/makers of GSD gave us in the intro of GSD about double lacus..........I watched it again and realized taht u can see two lacus that are diff by hairclifps in the intro, also u can see that the clone lacus is hugging Athrun in the intro............How could we all been so BLIND????

I have pics if anyone is too lazy to watch the intro again.

XwingRob
Mon, 12-13-2004, 09:17 PM
Actually, I figured that part out in the intro quite easily.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

GLS
Mon, 12-13-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by: Shinigami
Also, about the double Lacus, the only diff is her star like hairclip versus Original Lacus with her dual hairclip.
In addition, we are all oblivious idiots for not noticing the many hints that the producers/makers of GSD gave us in the intro of GSD about double lacus..........I watched it again and realized taht u can see two lacus that are diff by hairclifps in the intro, also u can see that the clone lacus is hugging Athrun in the intro............How could we all been so BLIND????
I have pics if anyone is too lazy to watch the intro again.

I'm guessing u r talking about this pic:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/gaaralovessand/asuranwithladies.jpg

Athrun is such a pimp i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Originally posted by: XwingRob

Could you imagine a kage bunshin no jutsu, gundam style i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

intense
Mon, 12-13-2004, 10:01 PM
uhmmm no.... because first of all I wouldnt compare naruto with the awesome Gundam SEED Destiny. GSD in my perception is better than naruto!!!! hahah.. hey dont blame me, but thats just my opinion.

and yes athrun is a pimp.. pimpin Lacus clone, Cagalli, and Lunamaria. hahah (just look how mad Cagalli is in that pic i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)

Aeon
Mon, 12-13-2004, 10:26 PM
If I had will power I'd stop watching Seed for about a month so I wouldn't have to deal with the sudden endings. And I thought Yzak was in the orange suit all along till I remembered his is silver so I'm guessing it's the girl that's sitting next to him in the ending. And Athrun better pick Luna Maria.

Knives122
Mon, 12-13-2004, 11:19 PM
good episode, having every girl Athrun meet basically fall to their knees begging him to take her is funny as hell.

Next ep: Savior probably the only Gundam other than Freedom that will own this entire series (lets face it, Impulse isnt that great)

btw the stampeder reminded me of some other mass destruction weapon from other gundam series, which are really cool, to bad it was mangled after it was used

XwingRob
Tue, 12-14-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by: gaaralovessand

Originally posted by: XwingRob

Could you imagine a kage bunshin no jutsu, gundam style

Yeah, that would be kinda cool.
I don't understand why they don't come up with a Mobile suit that creates holographic signatures and decoy signals so to utterly confused the enemy.

fremeer
Tue, 12-14-2004, 04:54 AM
saviour is the gundam you see in time frame 2:38 to 2:40 and guess who is the pilot...

Hollow
Tue, 12-14-2004, 10:48 AM
The hologram thing isn't workable. A hologram is a collection of particles that has an image or shapre formed into it by a laser or light emmiting array. The only way I can see that working is if the hologram worked in the same manner as the beam saber technology (static I-field filled with heated plasma), but that would require something akin to the beam sabers hilt. If it used the same technology as the funnel guns, then the I-feild would have to be more advanced (you don't see sheilds on the ships, on account of the I-field emmiter problem. SIMPLE shapes like scythes and swords are easy enough, but their emmiter is HUGE in relation to the overall size of the weapon itself).

Shinigami
Tue, 12-14-2004, 01:14 PM
GaaraLovessand, thts jut one of the intro scenes i was talking about but yah.

Also I realized that Yzak gets Sierra Antares 1 as his mobile suit, while Dearka gets a mere Zaku
I'm thining Dearka was not a good fav so hes been reduced to second in command of the jule squad.......so sad..... even the orange mobile suit kicks more ass.....less firepower but looks cooler.

Terracosmo
Tue, 12-14-2004, 01:52 PM
Not a good fav? His rank is lower because he defected to the Clyne Faction at the end of Seed, whereas Yzak never left ZAFT.

Goingin
Tue, 12-14-2004, 05:23 PM
Wasn't Yzak also the son of a high counsil member?
Guess that also counts..

Assassin
Tue, 12-14-2004, 07:13 PM
somebody put up a pic of the oragne suits....i must have missed it, and i deleted the ep.

Barumonk
Tue, 12-14-2004, 10:22 PM
Pictures of the orange zaku: 1 (http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload7/orange1.jpg) 2 (http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload7/orange2.jpg) 3 (http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload7/orange3.jpg) 4 (http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload7/orange4.jpg)

Terracosmo
Wed, 12-15-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by: Goingin
Wasn't Yzak also the son of a high counsil member?
Guess that also counts..

Yes he was but so was Dearka, though Dearka's father never had any dialogue.
His name was Todd, and he had long blonde hair similar to Dearka (but longer). Though his skin was white.

PSJ
Wed, 12-15-2004, 12:17 PM
wow, is there anything about gundam seed that you dont know terra?i want more destiny right now :'( the sad part is that my comp is really screwed up.

Munsu
Thu, 12-16-2004, 12:45 AM
I'm pretty sure that both Lacus know that another version of them exist... I mean, I think they are in it together... I mean, towards the end of Seed Lacus caused such a big comotion for the other Lacus not to notice... at least one of them for sure knows that another one exists... and if the other one is indeed still a popstar it would be hard not to notice her either...

Terracosmo
Thu, 12-16-2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
wow, is there anything about gundam seed that you dont know terra?

To be frank: no. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Guardian_2000
Thu, 12-16-2004, 01:50 PM
This just in from the land of rumors. Scratch clones of Lacus. This new one if most haven't noticed is abit more well endowed than the other Lacus. Also I've got what may be the name of the imposter on Plant. Through cosmetic alteration I think they got her to look something like Lacus. People see the credits and Lacus name? Well anyways the imposters supposed real name is Mia Campbell.

PSJ
Thu, 12-16-2004, 02:40 PM
an american name, interesting. if thats so the american haro makes sense. i dont really want to speculate to much in this, oh well i hope they do something good with it.

Souryusen
Thu, 12-16-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
Next ep: Savior probably the only Gundam other than Freedom that will own this entire series (lets face it, Impulse isnt that great)

If Impulse follows suite with every other lead Gundam then it'll get destroyed around 2/3 of the way through the series and replaced with a gundam that has more bells and whistles. Instead of a bunch of jets turning into a robot maybe they could do.... lions. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

PSJ
Fri, 12-17-2004, 03:24 PM
lol impulse wont see the end of this show havent you guys heard of destiny gundam the big title gundam of this show. shinn will get that suit and own everyone.

Knives122
Fri, 12-17-2004, 03:35 PM
Damn shinn and his taking of the show, oh well I'd much rather see the lions turn into a robot(while saying stuff like: I'll form the head)

Lefty
Fri, 12-17-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
lol impulse wont see the end of this show havent you guys heard of destiny gundam the big title gundam of this show. shinn will get that suit and own everyone.

Impulse will just bite it big time like strike did. Id say like 10-13 more ep's and that suit is good as dead.

Souryusen
Fri, 12-17-2004, 10:34 PM
Impulse's distruction wont top Strike's.. Strike was pumped way more than Impulse. People actually feared Strike... shit, Strike overpowered all 4 of its sister units on many occasions. Shinn's balls need to drop, that or the series needs to be re-named "Asuran kicks Shinn's ass and will probably mack every woman in the series on top of that. Oh, and he pilots a robot too."

PSJ
Sun, 12-19-2004, 06:47 PM
true for some reason impulse is much weaker than strike even if it got more armaments and works pretty much the same after the "put together" team is finished with it. shinn needs to show some skills the most we have seen him do is cut a couple of guys in half cause his suit is way more powerful than theirs, asuran and the rest of the yakin due survivors owned multiple suits with one zaku.

Barumonk
Sun, 12-19-2004, 07:41 PM
I'm just afraid that Shinn won't actually improve by the time we see Shinn vs Kira and they will simply lower Kira's skill level.