PDA

View Full Version : Game: Suikoden Previous Games Thread

Munsu
Sun, 12-12-2004, 09:14 AM
Yeah i want to buy Suikoden II... but all i've found are ridiculous prices...

So do you know any online shops that carry Suikoden at a reasonable price?

this title is selling for over 300 dollars in ebay... it is simply insane

Edit:

I decided to change the title of this thread to discuss all the previous Suikoden releases that don't have their discussions threads.

Xollence
Sun, 12-12-2004, 10:49 AM
Hehe wow thank goodness I kept my copy. Yeah it's such an awesome game and is probably really hard to come by because of the high demand.

BTW only one of them is selling for over 300, the rest are in the 70s.

jing
Sun, 12-12-2004, 12:50 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY SUIKODEN II , WHO DID I LEN D TO IN GR9 OMG, I HATE MYSELF.

animefreak
Sun, 12-12-2004, 01:15 PM
try out Gamestop.com. I checked it, it's only 50 dollars.

stos289
Sun, 12-12-2004, 03:35 PM
Yeah, I actually found a couple on Ebay that are selling for reasonable prices. Here's (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44111&item=8153232 461&rd=1) one for 53 dollars, here's (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8152734 933&rd=1) one for 51 dollars, and here's (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8152833 327&rd=1) one for 42 dollars (mind you that these are the current prices and they could raise at any given moment). Those are just a couple of them that I found, and there are plenty more. So if you want to use Ebay, there are plenty to choose from. Hope I could help.

Terracosmo
Sun, 12-12-2004, 04:19 PM
Suikoden 2 is one of few games that I can say is definately worth 300 bucks. Though I wouldn't actually BUY it for that price...

Aeon
Sun, 12-12-2004, 07:19 PM
Hang's head in shame for never playing any of the Suikoden's i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif, but I plan on buying pt4 early 05.

Munsu
Sun, 12-12-2004, 09:47 PM
ah nice... i got it for free lol... found an iso and an emulator... yeah!

thanks for the replies though

Xollence
Mon, 12-13-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by: Aeon
Hang's head in shame for never playing any of the Suikoden's , but I plan on buying pt4 early 05.

You should definately play the second one, it's the best one in the series. Hehe where did you find it Bud? On suprnova.org?

Paulyboy
Fri, 12-17-2004, 06:01 PM
I played Suikoden 3 but where did you get 2 from and what website?

P.S. Go to www.emuv2.com www.dgemu.com

theblakeman
Sat, 12-18-2004, 07:02 PM
man suikoden 2 was leet...i played through it a full 7 times, and got every single secret and event, as well as every ending and etc.

Zoels
Sun, 12-19-2004, 01:55 AM
whats suikoden about?

theblakeman
Sun, 12-19-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by: Zoels
whats suikoden about?

It's a game series set in a fantasy world, that's actually way more realistic than most fantasy settings, and it includes themes of both Western and Eastern folklore and history.
The world is basically filled with war and strife between nations, and the plot of most of the games involves you incitiing rebellion against tyranny by gathering together the 108 stars of destiny, people fated to overthrow what is oppressing them. It's based off the Chinese novel Water Margin, and is an excellent series because of how interesting and detailed the world is.

Xollence
Sat, 03-05-2005, 06:23 PM
Anyone play Suikoden 4 yet? Is it worth playing or does it suck like Suikoden 3 does?

Terracosmo
Sat, 03-05-2005, 08:24 PM
Suikoden 3 doesn't suck, damnit!

I hear S4 is the worst in the series, unfortunately.

Xollence
Sun, 03-06-2005, 01:32 AM
Hehe ok ok, it doesn't suck, but it isnt as good as 1 and 2.

Oh really? I guess I'll just save my money and wait for something good to come out.

Munsu
Mon, 04-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Just finished playing Suikoden I, it was pretty good. I liked the storyline and how some characters died and all. It doesn't happen to much in these RPG games, they need more deaths.

Anyways, wanted to ask two things. First, did Mathiu die at the end? I would think he did, just wanted to make sure he didn't simply go to sleep.

Secondly, how come when Windy went to take the rune from Tir at the end did Gremio's soul show up with Ted, Teo, and Odessa since he was already alive when Leknaat revived him?

Xollence
Tue, 04-04-2006, 01:00 PM
Yes you find out in S2 that Mathiu did die. (Apple / Shu scene)

Oh and yeah I agree, S1 had the most characters die or have potential to die out of all the Suikoden games.

Munsu
Tue, 04-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Ah, I guess I should've finished playing Suikoden II before asking...

So, anyone knows the answer for my second question?

Xollence
Thu, 04-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Ah, I guess I should've finished playing Suikoden II before asking...

So, anyone knows the answer for my second question?

Nope sorry don't remember. You should ask @ suikosource.com, they actually research all of these things.

Paulyboy
Thu, 04-06-2006, 09:10 PM
I got Suikoden 2,3 and 4 (2 and 3 I downloaded). How did you get part 1 from? Did you buy it or get it from a torrent

www.isohunt.com- for 2
mininova.org- for 2 also

Xollence
Thu, 04-06-2006, 09:55 PM
I bought all of mine. If you can't find the first one you should definitely buy it.

Munsu
Mon, 04-10-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm liking Suikoden II at the moment, but it's so freaking long... I don't have time to watch my shows, animes, and do my school work damnit. Hopefully with my newly recruited McDohl and my potch glitch I can finally start to kick some ass through the remaining of the game.

Paulyboy
Mon, 04-10-2006, 10:44 PM
Game is kick-ass played part 2, so far im at the part where you have to wait for Jowy, the 1st part of this game reminds me of part 4, where you and Snowe are best friends, thats till he betrays you.

Munsu
Mon, 04-10-2006, 11:51 PM
You mean just after they infiltrated the Highland camp to see how many food they have? And Jowy stayed behind so that Riou could escape? Man you have a long way to go, and you are getting close to one of the best parts of the story.

Xollence
Tue, 04-11-2006, 12:35 AM
Game is kick-ass played part 2, so far im at the part where you have to wait for Jowy, the 1st part of this game reminds me of part 4, where you and Snowe are best friends, thats till he betrays you.

Yeah, in all of the Suikoden games a close friend always betrays the main character. And the other close friend ends up getting killed or severely wounded and stays out for a long period of the game.

Man Suikoden V is looooong. I thought I was almost done at 20 hours but I'm on 50 hours and still not over yet. Oh I just realized Suikoden V takes place before Suikoden 1 and 2.

Paulyboy
Tue, 04-11-2006, 05:13 PM
I skipped on to playing Suikoden 1 im in the early part of the game, where you get the soul eater from Ted, but I would like to play Suikoden 5, I saw the trailer on gamestop, but im now working with my dad to pay off KH2 but thats going to be my next purchase. Suikoden series isn't bad, and it would be cool if they made an anime. I liked Suikoden 3 (1st suikoden I played) and it allowed you to play the antagonist (luc) if you didn't lose a guy in those army battles but I cheated, because I wasn't going to repeat the game. But it would still be cool, if they made an anime.

Xollence
Tue, 04-11-2006, 05:27 PM
They kind of did. Gensou Suiko Gaiden 1 and 2 are games but it's pretty much just watching animated scenes from the Suikoden series.

Here's some screenshots:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/playstation/gensou-suiko-gaiden-vol-1-harmonia-no-kenshi-/screenshots

http://www.mobygames.com/game/playstation/gensou-suiko-gaiden-vol-2-crystal-valley-no-kettou/screenshots

Munsu
Tue, 04-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Alright, just finished Suikoden II, got a couple of comments/questions mainly concerning Suikoden III since I don't remember much.
Concerning the setting of Suikoden II, the Grasslands lie to the West, is that where Suikoden III takes place? To the South we have Toran where the first Suikoden series takes place right? And to the West, it's mentioned that there's some sort of empire where there's a lot of sea, so my guess is that it's there where Suikoden IV takes place? or am I mistaken?

Also, the empire of Harmonia, if not mistaken they were mentioned in Suikoden III too, are they located in the Grasslands or is it somewhere else?

Also, if anyone remembers what happened to Luc and the other party members in Suikoden III, especially Yuber, towards the end it would be appreciated.

Anyways, I liked the story of Suikoden II alot, it was pretty good. The only thing that I didn't like was that there was too much time wasted doing meaning less things which were very time consuming on their own, instead of doing more boss fights and/or major battles.

Xollence
Wed, 04-12-2006, 10:39 AM
Yup Suikoden III takes place in the Grassland as well as Harmonia and Zexen, which all are next to each other. And yeah Toran Republic is in the south and they fought against South Window during the Scarlet Moon War. (That's where General Mcdohl goes off to fight in the beginning of Suikoden I) Harmonia is allied with the Highlands during Suikoden II and is also a major part of the story in Suikoden III. (Suikoden also gives hints of other countries which the story usually takes place in the following game.)

SPOILER
------------------------------------------------------

I don't really remember for sure, but Yuber ran off like he usually does. Luc dies at the end of Suikoden III with Sarah. Hope that answered your question.

I kind of like doing those things that took up time. It gave you a break and allowed you to just enjoy the game a bit more.

Munsu
Wed, 04-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Spoiler for Suikoden III...

Remember when Harmonia was aiding the Highlands in Suikoden II and there was some character mentioned from Harmonia and Luc later on said to Shu to let him take care of it, was this girl Sarah?

Paulyboy
Wed, 04-12-2006, 04:42 PM
I just remembered in Suikoden 1 theres also Luc who works for the seer, then joins you and controls the stars of destiny tablet. That his father or something? Also yeah Harmonia is in 3 but dosen't show much. And I thought Luc didn't die though because he just like dissapears, after you beat the Dragon thing or whatever.

Munsu
Wed, 04-12-2006, 05:04 PM
Luc is the same Luc throughout all 3 Suikoden games.

Xollence
Wed, 04-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Spoiler for Suikoden III...

Remember when Harmonia was aiding the Highlands in Suikoden II and there was some character mentioned from Harmonia and Luc later on said to Shu to let him take care of it, was this girl Sarah?

Nope it was Sasarai, who is the bishop of Harmonia, and is in the third game.

@ Pauly: yeah but a lot of the main characters are from Harmonia.

----

Oh btw there are 3 different Sarahs.

Munsu
Wed, 04-12-2006, 05:30 PM
I got Suikoden 2,3 and 4 (2 and 3 I downloaded). How did you get part 1 from? Did you buy it or get it from a torrent

www.isohunt.com- for 2
mininova.org- for 2 also
I got 1 from isohunt also, in case you haven't found it yet.

BTW, any of you played the Suikoden Tactics game?

Xollence
Fri, 05-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Nope, but I saw the screenshots for it. I think it takes place during Suikoden IV. I can't find the game in any of the stores.

SamuraiOdin
Fri, 05-12-2006, 11:41 AM
I bought Suikoden Tactics hoping for a decent game, given that I love the series and I also love tactical RPGs. First off, it does take place during S4, which was a huge downer for me because I hated 4's story, but I still gave it a chance. It has an interesting elemental system, but in the end it's just another cookie cutter tactical rpg with nothing to really make it stand out from the crowd.