PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 242 Discussion

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 12-09-2004, 07:43 AM
http://xscanz.free.fr/naruto242.zip

have fun

Raven
Thu, 12-09-2004, 07:55 AM
What an awesome chapter. Kakashi is even more of a badass now, if that's possible, and we finally know about his scar. And the Sharingan - awoken! Glorious.

I guess it was kind of predictable that Kakashi would go back to help rescue Rin, but it was done so well that it doesn't matter at all. I wonder if Kakashi is blind in one eye at this point.

Reason
Thu, 12-09-2004, 08:15 AM
awesomely great...

- Reason -

kAi
Thu, 12-09-2004, 09:55 AM
awesome,
the scar, the sharingan.
kakashi went back to save them, nice entrance

Souryusen
Thu, 12-09-2004, 10:36 AM
Excellent chapter. Holy shit, Kakashi is crazy badass. I wonder how quickly Obito's sharingan will mature, or if Kakashi'll hafta do that himself.

Anyway... best chapter in a long while.

Mut
Thu, 12-09-2004, 10:58 AM
wow... jizztastic.

i like how...

1. 4th was just like, you guys do this... then i'll take care of them myself. (badass)
2. kakashi is such a talented ninja. (badass)
3. obito sharingan developement went from none to 2 in each eye unlike sasuke who had 1 and 2 in his eyes (badass).

translation:
Page 1:
Gaiden Chapter 4: Crybaby Ninja
Sidebar: A female's kindness. Even with such a healing smile, on the battlefield, she is called a weapon.

Page 2:
Sidebar: Their way forward has split...what fates await them?

Page 3:
Leaf-nin: Guh! You finally came!
The 4th: What's the situation?

Page 4:
Leaf-nin: There're probably about 50 enemies...
We'll slap them around a bit more...let's kick some ass!
The 4th: Everyone, all together, throw these kunai towards the enemy's side.
After that, I'll take care of them myself.

Page 5:
Compared with that, there're only us 4 left...
Leaf-nin A: Are you crazy? Something like that...
Leaf-nin B: Shut the hell up and do like he says! We're about to see "The Leaf's Yellow Flash" fight...don't blink.

Page 6:
Kakashi: Kuh...
Rin: Looks like it's pretty much healed...but if you overexert yourself, the wound will reopen.

Page 7:
Obito: When we got injured, Rin always saved us with her medical jutsu! If she wasn't around, we'd be long dead! Right now, Rin takes priority over the mission!
The 4th: It's true that rules and laws are important, but they aren't everything. I'll say this: there are times when you must adapt and react according to the situation, as well...
Obito: I believe that the "White Fang" was a true hero! It's true in the world of Ninja, those who don't follow the rules are called trash, but those who don't take care of their friends are lower than trash!

Page 8:
Obito: Found 'em...Calm down...you can do this!
Uglier Stone-nin: I'll take him out...you continue your genjutsu. Get her to reveal what she knows, quickly.

Page 9:
Obito: Ok...here goes!
Uglier Stone-nin: Where to?

Page 10:
(Oh holy shit!)

Page 11:
Obito: Kakashi...why?
Kakashi: I can't trust a crybaby Ninja like you to do this yourself.
Obito: Kakashi...

Page 12:
Uglier Stone-nin: White hair...white chakra...it can't be...you're..."The Leaf's White Fang?"
Kakashi: This is a memento from my father.

Kakashi: All a shinobi needs is tools for completing the mission. Emotions are just excess baggage.
Obito: Kakashi...you...

Page 13:
Uglier Stone-nin: I see...the White Fang's child, huh? Then there's no need to be afraid...Ninpou: Hidden Camouflage Technique.

Kakashi: As expected... He completely erased his smell. We must judge his position from the slightest sound, or change in air currents.
Obito: Where...
Kakashi: Obito! Behind you!

Page 14:
(Oh HOLY SHIT!)

Page 15:
Kakashi: GAAAH! MY EYE!
Obito: KAKASHI! Hey, Kakashi! Are you OK?
Kakashi: Kuh..Aaaah...This enemy is really skilled...quickly, dispose of the kunai with my blood on it.

Page 16:
Kakashi: Something in your eye again? A shinobi doesn't cry. Besides, I'm not going to die yet.
The 4th: There's no way something got in your eye, you're wearing goggles!
If you keep blabbering, not only will your mouth get weak, your spirit will, too.

Obito: All I do is talk...everyone's always saving me...I'm just a big-talking dropout...
Kakashi: Don't drop your guard!
Uglier Stone-nin: Even though they're punk kids, I won't let my guard down. I'll go carefully...

Page 17:
Obito: I believe that the "White Fang" was a true hero! It's true in the world of Ninja, those who don't follow the rules are called trash, but those who don't take care of their friends are lower than trash!

Those words...I don't want them to just be words!

DIE!

Page 18:
(OH HOLY SHIT!!)

Page 19:
Kakashi: Obito! You...!
Uglier Stone-nin: H-how...could you see me...what...are those eyes?
Obito: I will protect my friends!

Next time: Save Rin! What stands before the two? The Next time: "Despair!"

Jman
Thu, 12-09-2004, 11:32 AM
Yes. DLED and opened right away. Nice ass chapter!
Thanks DS & Mut

Hatake Kakashi
Thu, 12-09-2004, 12:19 PM
Yeah this was awesome. Looks like the Obito-Sharingan theory is still the strongest possibility.

I loved how Obito and Kakashi both got in a good hit.

obake
Thu, 12-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Coooooooooool...

Looks like I need to keep up with my Japanese; I only got about half of what was said in the comic. Enough to understand what was going on, though, so that's good.

Knives122
Thu, 12-09-2004, 01:51 PM
its a shame I cant dl it until I get home, stupid school, but its obviously a great chapter

kAi
Thu, 12-09-2004, 02:05 PM
obake: there is the translation that mut put on.

and thanks for the translation, seems most of it was recap.

i like the crybaby remarks kakashi keeps saying.
Kakashi: I can't trust a crybaby Ninja like you to do this yourself.

ohpeekaboo
Thu, 12-09-2004, 02:18 PM
i liked this chapter too..

and as for japanese skill, i guess the practice i've been putting in has paid off.. was able to understand mostly everything, even the tactical battle talk (although that's partly due to kanji that my class actually covered appearing in the text)

tensai
Thu, 12-09-2004, 03:02 PM
very nice, though i havent read the translation above yet

it was cool how kakashi remembered his comrades through the injury he got earlier
who would have thought that he got the cut on his eye like that

Hatake Kakashi
Thu, 12-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Now when he opens his eye up...SHARINGAN! (yeah probably not..)

I think we all thought that it was a surgical scar for the most part...

I dunno, things are getting interesting.

Kishimoto set up Obito's awakening very well. I mean, noone could see the guy that vanishes except if they had the Sharingan. Obito just gets it and stabs him.

Knives122
Thu, 12-09-2004, 04:04 PM
Yeah I thought it was, pretty good chapter it could of been better Obito getting his sharingan was also ok(sort of the same way how sasuke got his) was really predictable once I saw him cry and they didnt show his face for 2 pages(with the exception of the flash bak)

btw to H. Kakashi: lets say the next time he opens it up again(after everyones dead)...SHARINGAN i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Cyrano
Thu, 12-09-2004, 05:57 PM
I'm a little suprised, i though it would take the death of Obito and Rin to change Kakashi's mind, but all it took was Obito's speech (beware the power of speech in this manga !).

It was short and sweet ; Kakashi's change of heart, Kakashi's eye scar and Obito's sharingan all in the same chapter. This will be over very soon.

Lefty
Thu, 12-09-2004, 06:03 PM
I'd two more chapters for everything to be put rest. Though I see obito getting fataly injured and rin tries to save but gets injured her self only leaving kakashi alone with one eye. So obito tells rin to give kakashi his eye, thne those two die leaving kakashi with his newly aquiered Sharingan and compleat Chidori. But on the other hand that sound really stupid and predictable but thats what this series runs off of sometimes. Just have to wait and see.

dragon608608
Thu, 12-09-2004, 06:07 PM
I think the Sharingan open purely base on emotion. the determination to protect friend at Obito. The determination to protect Naruto at Sasuke, the determination to battle with Naruto (3 dots). The determination to kill as Itachi (Mag. Sharingan). Maybe there is a way to open Mag. Sharingan without kill closest friend after all, as long as it have the same determination with killing your closest friend. don't you think?

Elite Hentai
Thu, 12-09-2004, 06:31 PM
It's just like DBZ where they turn ssj when they get mad i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. Nice chapter though. Yondaime is so badass, I want to see him in a battle with an equal opponent so we can see his full power i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif.

Raven
Thu, 12-09-2004, 07:40 PM
I originally predicted that Kakashi's scar might be from when someone tried to claw out his Sharingan eye - I guess I was only partially correct. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Mut
Thu, 12-09-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by: Hatake Kakashi
Looks like the Obito-Sharingan theory is still the strongest possibility.
yeah... and it's the ONLY POSSIBILITY.

i wish people would stop ruling out common sense.

Gods_Son
Thu, 12-09-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
I originally predicted that Kakashi's scar might be from when someone tried to claw out his Sharingan eye - I guess I was only partially correct.

No, you were completely wrong. Good chapter. Kakashi and Yondaime are badass.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 12-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Thank you, GS, thank you.

Regarding the chapter - fucking awesome!!

For a moment I thought Kakashi was going to leave for the bridge, but no... he went ahead and saved Obito's ass. That part when he got the eye scar was really sweet, too... it just looked believable and great and uh, yeah.

Also, Obito finally developing the Sharingan, even if with only two dots, looked just... well, cool. Very cool. The way he killed (or at least stabbed) that ninja and he goes "From now on, I'll protect my friends!"

It makes me curious about a few things, though -
First, what's the deal with the special kunai that the Fourth is giving everyone? Sure, they look different, but what makes them so special?

Second, what will happen to the bridge Kakashi's team was suppossed to protect or whatever? I wonder if they'll get chewed because of that... also, they can't kill Obito and Rin now, not so soon dammit!! I'm finally starting to get interested in the Gaiden.

Third, tell us the Fourth's name already Kishimoto... if he's tring to hide the fact that he looks like Naruto and that he might be his father, he should've made his hair green or purple.

I'm so torn now. I want this gaiden to go on for a while and yet I want to see the adolescent genins. Ah, despair. I shall go study to forget the pain that this causes me. </exaggerattion>

Hatake Kakashi
Thu, 12-09-2004, 09:32 PM
Mutt,

I dunno man...

If it does happen perhaps Rin will be the one to put it in for him?

And would it have killed one of those nameless Konoha nins to call Yondaime by his name?

Tabouh
Thu, 12-09-2004, 10:06 PM
First, what's the deal with the special kunai that the Fourth is giving everyone? Sure, they look different, but what makes them so special?

When Yondaime used his ''body-flicker'' jutsu, he used a tag with something written on it. These kunai probably have a similar tag that allows him to use the same or even more powerful jutsus.

Kage Bushinn no jutsu x 500 - Teleport All to kunais - Insta-Kill

Hell it could something even more powerful/deadlier/flashy (!!!). He probably gave one to Kakashi just in case he's in trouble.

JusDaMan
Fri, 12-10-2004, 12:25 AM
im thinking obito has more potential than sasuke and itachi now... sadly he's dead

wat im thinking is that he activated 2 dot and Going to activate 3 dot sharingan with in a matter of hours or days. when it took sasuke 3-5 months. and itachi took 1 year

Eurasian
Fri, 12-10-2004, 03:07 AM
OH man...that was just awesome. i like how everyone, including myself, probably thought kakashi's scar is due to the sharingan implant. That was just hot. yay for kishimoto.

dragon608608
Fri, 12-10-2004, 04:11 AM
as i recalled, someone post a question about who Rin is and will she die? but as i look back at the anime. I keep wonder who's the girl that met Kakashi at the Obito memorial during the Third's funeral, isn't she Rin?

Zhan
Fri, 12-10-2004, 04:20 AM
er, i dont think so. Firstly, its been said many times that every1 that was important to kaakshi had died. Secondly, the ANBU chick didnt have those two bandage like thingees on either side of her cheeks, and thirdly, well, it just doesn't look like Rin...yea...so...ANBU chick is NOT Rin

basey44
Fri, 12-10-2004, 05:20 AM
i thought we all asumed it was hayates (sp) girl

Phoenix23
Fri, 12-10-2004, 08:11 AM
I'm starting to believe that Kakashi's lower face has some canine-ish features, and that's why he is hiding it behind his mask...

1. His summons are dogs.
2. His father was known as the "white fang".
3. In this gaiden storyline, he seems to be sniffing for smells a lot...

kAi
Fri, 12-10-2004, 10:23 AM
heh, it's a possibility that he has canine teeth or something, or his dad just taught him the summons.

I think i have been saying that rin and the anbu chick are not the same person for like the last three chapter discussions, and the reasons that ZhanZhao gave you were them.

Assertn
Fri, 12-10-2004, 02:15 PM
ohh yeahh completely missed the correlation between "the white fang" and the fact that kakashi summons dogs

Zhan
Fri, 12-10-2004, 02:58 PM
hmm i dunno really, the "white fang" was a nickname given to Hatake Sukumo prolly becos he had white hair and could summon doggies. same goes for the 4th, which was nicknamed "the yellow flash", prolly becos he had yellow hair and could do that shushin no jutsu (body flicker)

SK
Fri, 12-10-2004, 03:26 PM
^^^no shit.
good chapter, very predictable but still good to read.

Knives122
Fri, 12-10-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by: Phoenix23
I'm starting to believe that Kakashi's lower face has some canine-ish features, and that's why he is hiding it behind his mask...

1. His summons are dogs.

Thats a pretty cool theory, I was wondering how hes smelt where the stone nin was( I wouldnt be suprised if the clan he was from was something similar to Kibas)

DeathscytheVII
Fri, 12-10-2004, 06:26 PM
THANK YOU KISHIMOTO i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif finally some good stuff! After what? 40 weeks of sasuke chasing, this was well worth the wait.

All i can say is, can't wait to see the fourth fight, Don't blink i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif. Kakashi's scar was awesome too.

Paulyboy
Fri, 12-10-2004, 07:36 PM
Man that was a good chapter, that weakling Obito, gets the sharingan. I bet you Obito might be alive somewhere and might kill Kakashi, it always ends up like that

SK
Fri, 12-10-2004, 11:24 PM
the best part was when kakashi gets his eye slashed and is probably blinded and obito is the one crying.

xtort
Fri, 12-10-2004, 11:45 PM
OWWWW YOUR EYE HURTS!

SasukesGirL
Sat, 12-11-2004, 12:34 PM

1. His summons are dogs.

I doubt his face is canine like. If you remembered that side story when naruto and gang tried to trick kakashi to take off his mask. There was a part where he was eating noodles at that ramen place and the workers saw his face when he took off his mask to eat. They seemed in aw by his appearance, like its beautiful or something. I doubt they would have that kinda reaction if they saw some dog face guy under that mask.

chidori24
Sat, 12-11-2004, 03:52 PM
that was an awesome chapter. just wondering.......did it ever say in the manga that kakashi and obito were present at the time kyuubi attacked the village? cuz it would be weird if obito got killed by the kyuubi....i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Phoenix23
Sat, 12-11-2004, 05:38 PM
It is possible that the anime writers had no clue about Kakashi's face, however... the filler episodes are full of oddities.

Souryusen
Sat, 12-11-2004, 05:46 PM
It is possible that the anime writers had no clue about Kakashi's face, however... the filler episodes are full of oddities.

The bit where Kakashi and the kids go to Ichiruka ramen was a manga side story before it was a shitty anime filler. So it would seem the anime and manga were on the same page with regards to Kakashi's face.

He might have pronounced canine teeth, plenty of manga/anime characers have that and are still considered bishounen. It doesn't matter all that much though.. he'll stomp your ass, dog jowls or no.

Winged Dancer
Sat, 12-11-2004, 08:05 PM
OOOOOOH I bet thet Kakshi is liek part of KIBA's clan or sumthin cuz yuo know how he sumons dogs and stuff LOLOLLOZ!!!!!!!11111!

Anyway, I'm not sure if we can take the filler episodes seriously enough. I, for one, wouldn't want Kakashi to be a completely effeminate Fushigi Yuugi-like bishounen. It just wouldn't suit Naruto's style. I also think we'll never really see it... it'll be like those female's super heroes suits, they always get teared off but the parts that cover their breasts always remain. It'll be the same - Kakashi could be burned alive but his mask would remain.

So we'll have to settle for bad fanfic descriptions, such as "she lowered his mask and gasped in surprise - Kakashi's face was beautiful; pale skin soft and terse to the touch, carefully shaved... oh, how she longed now to caress him!" blah blah blah etc.

I'm really curious as of how this'll evolve... this battle in particular.
Also, when Orochimaru and Kakashi meet - you know, when Kakashi has just sealed Sasuke? -, Orochimaru says something like "I see you finally got that Sharingan you desired so much...", and as of now Kakashi hasn't shown interest in getting the Sharingan... and really, it can't be something like "Ooops, best friend's dead, lets take one of his eyes!! Whee!"
In other words, what happened to make Kakashi want a Sharingan? Maybe Obito bests him in a fight later, or Kakashi simply realizes that with the Sharingan he could perfect the Chidori.

Maybe the Kakashi Gaiden will run for longer than we though. Maybe it'll be around 10 chapters, so it can be made into a volume of its own and doesn't interrupt the main story flow. Anyway, its looking greater and greater now...

Fourth: I arrive!!

Konoha Ninja It's... you!!

Konoha Ninja 2 I can't believe my eyes. It's... him!!

Konoha Ninja You!! Words can't express our happiness.

Fourth Indeed. Now I, The One with a Number Instead of a Name, shall kick ass.

Konoha Ninja2 Ah, to see this man fighting! Now I have something to tell my grandchildren - "And then he jumped, and killed his enemies!!"

Goddamn it.

Hatake Kakashi
Sat, 12-11-2004, 08:44 PM
Yeah I know, say his name already damnit. Yondaime looks a lot like Naruto from the back, but since Kishimoto can only draw hair in so many ways that doesn't neccesarily mean anything.

I am hoping at the conclusion of this arc, he goes back and reports to Sandaime..and Sandaime will say his name. Who knows, maybe we will even see his pregnant wife.

Either way this is the best the manga has been in a year. That running through the woods arc sucked terribly. The best fight was Chouji Vs Jiroubou, then Naruto Vs Sasuke. All the rest were pretty shitty.

Mut
Sat, 12-11-2004, 09:06 PM
chouji vs jiroubu was the worst fight. that's why it was the first one shown.

Hatake Kakashi
Sat, 12-11-2004, 09:30 PM
The emotions behind the fight was the best. You had the whole friendship thing. The Neji fight tried to do a similar thing, but with his low self confidence. The rest were just fights. They only got good when the Sand Trio and Lee showed up.

Winged Dancer
Sat, 12-11-2004, 09:49 PM
Chouji vs. Jiroubo was like I PUNCH. Then YOU PUNCH. Then there were some drugs... and the friendship thing there didn't hit me as much as in some other times. Neji's fight had more planning and he didn't even need a new move, he just used his normal skills.

Phoenix23
Sat, 12-11-2004, 10:29 PM
That would imply that Kakashi might qualify for the Mangekyou Sharingan (barring any "Uchiha body" requirement for obtaining it).

Hatake Kakashi
Sat, 12-11-2004, 10:32 PM
Yeah if he gets the eye by himself that would make sense...and Yondaime didn't say anything about his mother.

Would it be out of the question for an Uchiha Clan woman to mate with the best ninja in the village *besides the Hokage)? HECK NO!

kAi
Sun, 12-12-2004, 07:25 AM
where is it mentioned that hatake sakumo is the best in the village beside the hokage?

kakashi does not have the uchiha blood in him if you don't believe me go back and read chapter 142!

Terracosmo
Sun, 12-12-2004, 08:33 AM
Would it be out of question for Hatake Kakashi to have one single believable theory regarding Naruto? HECK YES

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 12-12-2004, 03:09 PM
lol something tells me people will like the "chase sasuke in a barrel arc" much better when it's animated. It was frustrating to read in in the manga mostly because we only got 19 pages a week, which usually amounted to nothing more then someone punching another person and that person retaliating by going to "curse seal level 2." It was slow but I think it'll be better animated. Heheh can't wait to see the kimmimaro fights.

samsonlonghair
Sun, 12-12-2004, 03:57 PM
Under Kakashi's mask? I thought we already settled this.
http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload9/fish_lips.jpg
Who can argue with proof like that? Ha ha.

Ryllharu
Sun, 12-12-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
lol something tells me people will like the "chase sasuke in a barrel arc" much better when it's animated. It was frustrating to read in in the manga mostly because we only got 19 pages a week, which usually amounted to nothing more then someone punching another person and that person retaliating by going to "curse seal level 2." It was slow but I think it'll be better animated. Heheh can't wait to see the kimmimaro fights.

I gonna assume that this post is refering to the four posts a little ways up starting with H. K. and ending with WD. Note: Quotes help in trying to figure out what you're talking about. I know I'm not a mod, but out of common courtesy, try and use them.

On topic:

I'd have to vote for the Kakashi fish lips. There's no other reason a ninja as badass as kakashi would were a mask, other than to look really cool.

But seriously, does it even matter, the mask looks better anyhow.

Hatake Kakashi
Sun, 12-12-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by: kAi
where is it mentioned that hatake sakumo is the best in the village beside the hokage?

kakashi does not have the uchiha blood in him if you don't believe me go back and read chapter 142!

Where does it say that he isn't?

I don't know, Kakashi is very similar to the Uchiha Clan, I'm not going to rule out that he doesn't have Uchiha Blood. I'm not going to rule it out just because Itachi said so either. What the hell does he know?

(I know, that a lot of characters are similar, but that doesn't mean they're related..blah blah)

Mut
Sun, 12-12-2004, 05:49 PM

yeah... and kyubi is a lesbian. how can i say this? because it does NOT say kyubi isn't a lesbian.
and also, naruto is also hermaphrodite. i can also say this because there isn't any part that doesn't say naruto isn't a hermaphrodite.
also, sakumo was a bad cook. i can say this too cuz there isn't any part where it doesn't say that he is a good cook.
etc.
etc.
and so on.

nice logic. i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Hatake Kakashi
Sun, 12-12-2004, 05:53 PM
If he's regarded as being on the same level as the Sannin...then he is on the Kage level (which the Sannin all are).

If that's the case, then he had a real shot at being the best Jounin (not including Hokage) in the village. I am not sure if Tsunade and Jiraiya were around during this time.

kAi
Sun, 12-12-2004, 06:00 PM

I don't know, Kakashi is very similar to the Uchiha Clan, I'm not going to rule out that he doesn't have Uchiha Blood. I'm not going to rule it out just because Itachi said so either. What the hell does he know?

(I know, that a lot of characters are similar, but that doesn't mean they're related..blah blah)

the ramen chef is the strongest ninja, where do it say that he isn't?

did you read chapter 142??

Itachi says "You are not blood related to the uchiha clan. we are the true masters of the sharingan...still your body is still suitable for the eye...but it does not contain any of our blood.

Kakashi thinks: " that's right...he gets striaght to the point huh?"

Hatake Kakashi
Sun, 12-12-2004, 06:09 PM
Oh so he acknowledged it himself? Yeah I didn't remember that. Did that come from a good translation group? Just wondering.

kaigan
Mon, 12-13-2004, 01:00 AM
i think it has to do with kakashi's clan bloodline, since they were also advanced. maybe his advanced bloodline could some how use the sharingan but not the one that itachi has.

drcitan
Mon, 12-13-2004, 03:23 AM
This chapter was badass as all the others. I wasn't expecting kakashi to come to Obito's aid so quickly. His entrace was badass. For Obito to open two commas at once was a surprise. Kakashi's eye getting slashed was also a surprise because I thought it would happen later on. The fourth is finally about to kick some ass.I don't think we will ever know his real name. I remember someone saying that Kakashi will be put in the same situation he put team 7 in when they were tested to take the bell away from him.

I'm not sure but I think he had a kunai to Sasuke's throat and ordered sakura to kill Naruto or else Sasuke dies. I can see one of the stone nins doing to same thing to either Kakashi or Obito. Kakashi is smarter than this but maybe he will try for a second chidori out of desparation and Obito dies saving him at the same time unlocking the third comma in his eye. Kakashi is low on chakra b/c of the number of chidori's used and can only watch as Obito dies infront of him. Obito will realize that the chidori is useless without the sharingan to predit movement and give Kakashi one of his eyes as protection and as a momento of their friendship. Rin will use the last of her chakra to replace kakashi's eye with Obito's and heal Kakashi to a certain degree.

Assertn
Mon, 12-13-2004, 05:04 AM
Oh so he acknowledged it himself? Yeah I didn't remember that. Did that come from a good translation group? Just wondering.

it came from whatever groups translated those manga chapters, as well as all the groups that translated the anime version

Winged Dancer
Mon, 12-13-2004, 07:38 AM
And I checked the anime and they say basically the same thing in japanese - "I'm surprised you can use the sharingan that well, but however, your body is not of the Uchiha clan and therefore doesn't suit it perfectly."
So don't worry about any translating mistakes, Hatake. It's all good and clear: Kakashi is not from the Uchiha clan. I repeat, he's not.

samsonlonghair
Tue, 12-14-2004, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by: kaigan
i think it has to do with kakashi's clan bloodline, since they were also advanced. maybe his advanced bloodline could some how use the sharingan but not the one that itachi has.

I don't think he has any bloodline ability at all. Kakashi is the son of a great ninja, but that doesn't mean that he has a bloodline ability. I don't see any reason to assume that kakashi's family has an advanced bloodline.

dragon608608
Tue, 12-14-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by: drcitan
This chapter was badass as all the others. I wasn't expecting kakashi to come to Obito's aid so quickly. His entrace was badass. For Obito to open two commas at once was a surprise. Kakashi's eye getting slashed was also a surprise because I thought it would happen later on. The fourth is finally about to kick some ass.I don't think we will ever know his real name. I remember someone saying that Kakashi will be put in the same situation he put team 7 in when they were tested to take the bell away from him.

I'm not sure but I think he had a kunai to Sasuke's throat and ordered sakura to kill Naruto or else Sasuke dies. I can see one of the stone nins doing to same thing to either Kakashi or Obito. Kakashi is smarter than this but maybe he will try for a second chidori out of desparation and Obito dies saving him at the same time unlocking the third comma in his eye. Kakashi is low on chakra b/c of the number of chidori's used and can only watch as Obito dies infront of him. Obito will realize that the chidori is useless without the sharingan to predit movement and give Kakashi one of his eyes as protection and as a momento of their friendship. Rin will use the last of her chakra to replace kakashi's eye with Obito's and heal Kakashi to a certain degree.
----------
i agree but i also expect some suprise incidents for this to happen. for example, holding Rin and force Kakashi and Obito fight. Obito give Kakashi a knock out fake-death, kill the stone ninja, half death or near death at the same time, and Rin use her last charka give Kakashi one of Obito's eye as Obito last request to complete the Chidori and the mission alone. The you know the rest, Obito and Rin die, Kakashi complete the mission, war is over, etc. end of story back to Naruto at 3 years later.

lee0539
Tue, 12-14-2004, 05:49 PM
is there a reason why the fourth's name is not being revealed?

what if it was naruto... i think people would go nutts.

or uzumaki something...

or his name is kyubi...

seems kinda weird that they wouldn't reveal his name unless it revealed something that he doesn't want us to know yet

kAi
Tue, 12-14-2004, 07:44 PM
i doubt his name is kyubi or naruto, but if it is uzumaki, this is why he aint telling us.
the other reason he might not be telling us is that he aint related to naruto in any way and just wants us to think he is.

Raven
Tue, 12-14-2004, 08:37 PM
Either way, he's not revealing it yet to keep us guessing. Maybe, just maybe he'll reveal it at the end of this arc. This seems to be not just a Kakashi history, but the Fourth as well, considering previously we knew nothing about him.

SK
Tue, 12-14-2004, 09:03 PM
about kakashi's sharingan ive ruled out the idea of obito actually giving kakashi one of his eyes, i think obito will either teach it to kakashi somehow, i mean who says it is limited to only the uchiha clan, maybe they can just use it the best and the easiest since it runs in their blood. but i think its more likely that obito somehow uses a seal technique to seal his sharingan, then making the seal on kakashi converts the sharingan to him before dying.

tensai
Tue, 12-14-2004, 09:13 PM
i dont think its possible to teach someone else the "sharingan"
its a bloodline limit, and its special only to the uchiha clan, if it can be taught to someone else, then the uchiha clan wouldnt be that special

kakashi for sure got hold of the sharingan from someone, even orochimaru mentioned that

and if the sharingan can be taught to someone, why would orochimaru want sasukes body if he can learn the sharingan, and then he'd be able to learn all his techniques

Souryusen
Tue, 12-14-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by: samsonlonghair
I don't think he has any bloodline ability at all. Kakashi is the son of a great ninja, but that doesn't mean that he has a bloodline ability. I don't see any reason to assume that kakashi's family has an advanced bloodline.

Unless the Hatake bloodline is the ability to accept all manner of body part transplants. I mean.. I don't know how ninja medicine works but in reality if he had Obito's eye swapped out for his own there'd be pus pouring out within 48 hours. Kakashi may well just be popping anti-rejection meds behind the scenes though.

Still, while I sincerely doubt it's the case, it'd be an interesting bloodline. Hell, Kakashi's father could have been a veritable Mr. Potatohead of bloodline organs and parts. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Mr.X
Tue, 12-14-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
about kakashi's sharingan ive ruled out the idea of obito actually giving kakashi one of his eyes, i think obito will either teach it to kakashi somehow, i mean who says it is limited to only the uchiha clan, maybe they can just use it the best and the easiest since it runs in their blood. but i think its more likely that obito somehow uses a seal technique to seal his sharingan, then making the seal on kakashi converts the sharingan to him before dying.

you can't be serious....its a fucking bloodline limit. why arn't you banned yet.

Assertn
Tue, 12-14-2004, 11:42 PM
i think its more likely that obito somehow uses a seal technique to seal his sharingan, then making the seal on kakashi converts the sharingan to him before dying.

you do realize.....that kakashi just lost his left eye, right?

lee0539
Wed, 12-15-2004, 02:23 AM
yea it only makes sense for him to get an eye from outside.

yes medically your body will reject any organ that comes into your body... so normally in real life your immune system will attack the new donor eye. (exceptions are if they are a family member or someone who has a very similar antigenic determinant)

but of course we are talking about an anime here... its not the real thing so he'll probably just get it somehow off of obito. Maybe kakashi has partial uchiha blood that allows him to use it... i doubt the taken in of the eye is a real bloodline ability

kAi
Wed, 12-15-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by: lee0539
Maybe kakashi has partial uchiha blood that allows him to use it...
Itachi says "You are not blood related to the uchiha clan. we are the true masters of the sharingan...still your body is still suitable for the eye...but it does not contain any of our blood."
Kakashi thinks: " that's right...he gets striaght to the point huh?"

Zhan
Wed, 12-15-2004, 05:41 PM
whoever says kakashi has sharingan blood in him is a fucking moron.

SK
Wed, 12-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by: Mr.X
you can't be serious....its a fucking bloodline limit. why arn't you banned yet.

shut up noob, dont try to be an e-thug and act tough online.
what i am saying is that i think its highly unlikely that kakashi gets the sharingan through a surgical way, its the most likely scenario and i think its more likely theyll throw in a twist. i wish you guys wouldent take a fucking manga so serious and try and flame people because they have a theory that isnt up to your standards. kakashi will learn the sharingan in some way, or obito will use a technique to give it to him, but that surgial transplant is a crap theory now that we know where the scar is from. why would itachi say the uchiha clan were the TRUE masters of the sharingan if theyre the ONLY masters of the sharingan?

kAi
Wed, 12-15-2004, 06:18 PM
kakashi will learn the sharingan in some way, or obito will use a technique to give it to him, but that surgial transplant is a crap theory now that we know where the scar is from. why would itachi say the uchiha clan were the TRUE masters of the sharingan if theyre the ONLY masters of the sharingan?
Kakashi could still get the sharingan implanted, or medically put in, by rin or some other person, he just got the scar, it doesn't shoot the surgical theory out, just that the scar isn't surgical. i also think itachi was talking about kakashi only, saying that the uchiha are the true masters, and you are no uchiha.
everyone knows kakashi isn't an uchiha (i hope) and itachi said that because he is up verse an uchiha, as the uchiha were born with the blood for the sharingan
i don't think anything was meant by it, other than to say that to kakashi.
i don't think there are any other sharingan users outside of the uchiha clan, other than kakashi. but there could have been attempts to find out the secrets of the clan.

kaigan
Wed, 12-15-2004, 06:23 PM
only time will tell fellas. but for those who say that kakashi will learn the sharingan is indeed a fking moron. i mean, take a step back and see what you are posting.

SK
Wed, 12-15-2004, 06:30 PM
what then would be the point of the special ninja thats mission is to dispose of bodies of ninjas so that their secrets are not revealed? if the technique (not just the sharingan) cant be learned anyway, then what would be the point of growing through so much trouble of disposing of a body?

Winged Dancer
Wed, 12-15-2004, 06:50 PM
Sharingan Kakashi, you are just not making any sense. Not even with your grammar.

Now tell me, if you have brown eyes, can you learn to have blue eyes? No.
Can you learn to have green eyes?? NO.
You eyes are brown and that's it. It's got to do with a thing called genes, and you can't fucking alter those some day because you decided it would be cool to have green eyes.

So even in the Naruto world people can't "learn" body attributes. If not so, how come Sakura hasn't "learned" not to have a big forehead? Oh, I know - how come Konohamaru hasn't learned to use the Byakugan? Or Naruto the Sharingan, since he thinks its pretty cool too?
Furthermore, if the Sharingan was learnable, why does Kakashi have it in just one eye? Wouldn't it be logical to have "learned" it with both eyes? Jesus!

Give it up... it's damn obvious that Kakashi got his eye implanted, I mean, we just saw how he lost it!! He even went AGH, MY EYE!!!! and all. He'll need a new eye (unless he can learn to grow a new one, of course) and he'll get a Sharingan eye from some dead Uchiha, 'cause I don't think that any living one would willingly give him one.

SK
Wed, 12-15-2004, 07:19 PM
god some of you guys are such a joke, you take your own opinion and make it law, when it really doesnt mean shit. the manga hasnt said how kakashi got the sharingan, so what makes your idea any better than mine? oh thats right, nothing. kakashi only has sharingan in one eye because his body cannot handle having the sharingan in both eyes. your also taking my statements out of context, but ill answer in a way anyhow. can a MAN learn to become PREGNANT, even though only a WOMAN can become pregnant? yes, take a psychology course if you dont believe me. man if you guys are this close minded about a manga i cant even imagine about more serious topics...

mage
Wed, 12-15-2004, 07:25 PM
what the hell are you talking about?

Raven
Wed, 12-15-2004, 07:40 PM
And in other news, -Sharingan-Kakashi- wins the next round of Gotwoot Survivor without the need of a voting process. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Does anyone know if Inane has released this chapter yet? Narutofan seems to have another group right now.

SK
Wed, 12-15-2004, 07:49 PM
woot i win, the point im trying to make is, i should be able to say anything as long as it isnt totally ludicrious, without being flamed by morons. i really dont care if i am wrong, i am actually expecting to be wrong, but i can still voice an idea if i want to, since no one, NO ONE, knows how kakashi got the eye.
edit to kai: yeah you know what i meant i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

kAi
Wed, 12-15-2004, 08:02 PM
i think kishimoto knows. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

From inanemanga.com
"A lot of you have been asking about Naruto 242.. If you haven't guessed already, it's finals week for most of the staff, so you can expect it to be delayed... hopefully it should be done soon."

fremeer
Wed, 12-15-2004, 08:28 PM
sharingan -kakashi- reread or rewatch the first 26 or so episodes of naruto and its manga counterpart. it describes the whole bloodline thing pretty well.
I doubt a man can get pregnant. He doesnt have the capacity too since he doesnt have a uterus. sure he could know the mental side of pregnancy but not the physical side. SInce sharingan is a physical manifestation its not probable that it can be "learned"
Second lets say kakashi did learn to use the sharingan(which i highly doubt) why cant he turn it off. if he turned it on, why not off?

Winged Dancer
Wed, 12-15-2004, 10:20 PM
god some of you guys are such a joke, you take your own opinion and make it law, when it really doesnt mean shit. the manga hasnt said how kakashi got the sharingan, so what makes your idea any better than mine? oh thats right, nothing. kakashi only has sharingan in one eye because his body cannot handle having the sharingan in both eyes. your also taking my statements out of context, but ill answer in a way anyhow. can a MAN learn to become PREGNANT, even though only a WOMAN can become pregnant? yes, take a psychology course if you dont believe me. man if you guys are this close minded about a manga i cant even imagine about more serious topics...

...do you realize you are talking to a woman here? Telling me that a man can become pregnant or even have a psychologic pregnancy borders on the stupid. I'm minoring in psychology, too, and I'll tell you that while a man can show some female attitudes concerning pregnancy, there's no way in hell a man can become pregnant... he doesn't have an uterus, you see. And any guy who does believe he's pregnant is most probably schizophrenic and needs aid.

I don't care if you think that was a flame or not, it's just the truth. People can't learn genetic attributes and the Sharingan is a Bloodline and therefore part of the Uchiha genes, you can't get it by "teaching". And if you assumed I was flaming you, I'll just decide you haven't been flamed by pros.

@ God's Son and Mut - Hey, I wasn't such a bitch before I started talking with you two over mIRC!! Thank you, thank you two, from the bottom of my heart!!

@CmDr_RavEn - Oh I don't know, how about Hatake Kakashi? He's been making his own share of bad theories lately!

JusDaMan
Wed, 12-15-2004, 10:36 PM
CmDr_raven! i wanna be a gotwoot survivor winner too!!!!!!!!!!! no fair! i wannabe called a noob

Mr.X
Wed, 12-15-2004, 11:58 PM
oh wtf. i didn't know 2 ppl were making up crack theories. man, i didn't notice Hatake Kakashi and Sharingan-Kakashi were different ppl....i guess the theories just made me assume they were the same.

kyubisrage
Thu, 12-16-2004, 12:00 AM
Sharingan Kakashi um... Have you done crack this past few days if not wtf are you saying? How can kakashi learn how to learn the sharingan? He cant just manipulate his fucking genes. Also the reason winged dancers opinion make more sense then yours is cause they are logical. Kakashi lost his left eye. kakashi got a sharingan in his left eye. Which he cant turn off. Obito didnt get kakashi a present. Obito is probably gonna give kakashi his sharingan for a present. Kakashi wont learn how to change his genes in a couple of chapters. So w/e you said about kakashi learning sharingan is rediculous.

Zhan
Thu, 12-16-2004, 03:11 AM
the world is full of morons

lee0539
Thu, 12-16-2004, 05:06 AM
The whole thing about a man being able to become pregnant has more to do with situations very very early in the development within the uterus. Like a messed up Y chromosome can cause a default situation where even if the person has the Y chromosome... they actually are female. Also there are hormonal pills that can be taken early in development that can change a person to a different sex (which happened in one situation when doctors messed up and cut off a little childs penis and decided to raise the child as a girl) but this whole thing turned out to be a failure and later on that kid wanted to turn back to a guy so he went through surgery... and yes he couldn't reproduce either way, so no he wasn't able to be pregnant later. THe only situation i can see this happening is very very early within the uterus. And at that stage i dont think you can simply say a person is one sex or not simply cuz they have a Y chromosome. This is bunch of stuff from both psychology and life science that i have taken... maybe i forgot a few things or messed up, but generally i dont think a person after birth born as a man can ever be pregnant, even with hormone pills or surgery just too many little things involved like being able to have the right uterine cycle and hormonal glands to go along with it. Too much is involved... you can look like you have the stuff to do it through some kinda surgery, but to actually succeed is a different story.

SK
Thu, 12-16-2004, 12:49 PM
im glad i opened up so much discussion. btw watch gattaca i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
EDIT: a man can convince himself he is pregnant and grow a stomach and even be able to breastfeed, i didnt mean pregnant literally, as in having a baby. that winged dancer fellow had some stupid comments so i decided to answer stupid with stupid.

Assertn
Thu, 12-16-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by: lee0539
The whole thing about a man being able to become pregnant has more to do with situations very very early in the development within the uterus. Like a messed up Y chromosome can cause a default situation where even if the person has the Y chromosome... they actually are female. Also there are hormonal pills that can be taken early in development that can change a person to a different sex (which happened in one situation when doctors messed up and cut off a little childs penis and decided to raise the child as a girl) but this whole thing turned out to be a failure and later on that kid wanted to turn back to a guy so he went through surgery... and yes he couldn't reproduce either way, so no he wasn't able to be pregnant later. THe only situation i can see this happening is very very early within the uterus. And at that stage i dont think you can simply say a person is one sex or not simply cuz they have a Y chromosome. This is bunch of stuff from both psychology and life science that i have taken... maybe i forgot a few things or messed up, but generally i dont think a person after birth born as a man can ever be pregnant, even with hormone pills or surgery just too many little things involved like being able to have the right uterine cycle and hormonal glands to go along with it. Too much is involved... you can look like you have the stuff to do it through some kinda surgery, but to actually succeed is a different story.

thats just a tad bit different than the previously suggested notion of a man being able to LEARN to become pregnant

mage
Thu, 12-16-2004, 08:44 PM
i don't think people are able to grow stomachs.

Y
Thu, 12-16-2004, 11:20 PM
im glad i opened up so much discussion. btw watch gattaca
EDIT: a man can convince himself he is pregnant and grow a stomach and even be able to breastfeed

You are sincerely fucking stupid.

fremeer
Fri, 12-17-2004, 02:31 AM
and to top it off that winged dancer "fellow" (sorry but i found that funny) had the correct theory and
-hatake- kakashi has the wrong theory. proving the above post 100% correct

Edort4
Fri, 12-17-2004, 05:04 AM
Thx sharingan-kakashi i've been laughing for more than 5 mins i suggest you for the humor section of any forum, ur a crack. To grow a stomach, to learn how to create an eye and change it into sharingan... and winged answer was so funny... (i hope ur not serius about that eye or stomach grow think trough mind-powers..) at this moment its pretty obvious that the sharingan is a dying gift(this makes some sense even if its like playing mr. potato changing parts of the body) from obito to kakashi. Im going to medidate and try to grow another arm i've lots of work to do lol.

Bye.

kAi
Mon, 12-20-2004, 01:42 AM
INANE VERSION IS OU!!!

242 and 243

go to your favourite place, or #mangareaders@irchighway