PDA

View Full Version : Anywhere i can download drivers for vid card?

PSJ
Mon, 12-06-2004, 01:46 PM
okay so my vidoes dont run smoothly, there is a big hack when i got it at full screen and it changes scene or is for example mobile suit battle in a gundam ep. it can be any kind of swift movement and the video hacks it skips frames i think. also its similar when i scroll on webpages it hacks down instead of just scroll down smoothly, its like big cuts on the screen. is also the same when i move around folders on the desktop. if anyone have ever had a problem similar or know what to do please reply. im getting quite sick of it....

well i edited the title and thats pretty much what i want, is it possible to download new drivers or do i have to buy a new cd with the drivers on? cuase i managed to lose the one i got. and yes i am stupid.

Jman
Mon, 12-06-2004, 03:34 PM
sounds like you could use a codec update for the videos but wait you say it skips like that when you scroll pages and move folders huh. I think the problem may be your videocard. What you could try is changing your resolution to a lower setting and see what happens, and if the problem continues then you could update you graphic driver for the vid card.

PSJ
Mon, 12-06-2004, 05:45 PM
k, thanks im gonna try that res thing.

Jman
Wed, 12-08-2004, 06:37 PM
Nah you don't have to purchase drivers.
You should go to the support section of the website that belongs to the company that manufactures your vidcard.
For instance my card is made by ATI so I go to ati.com and dl the graphic drivers there.
If you know the brand of you card then it should be easy to figure out where you have to go to get the updated drivers.

PSJ
Fri, 12-10-2004, 08:38 AM
ok i can check on my comp what brand my vid card is of right?

Jman
Fri, 12-10-2004, 01:03 PM
yea. if you still bought the card separate from your pc and still have the box it came in then the name should be on it but yes, you could find out on the pc itself.

PSJ
Fri, 12-10-2004, 01:48 PM
ok, cause the delivery guys took the box.... we had it delivered from the company that we bought the comp from so they showed up here and told me to give them the broken vid card and they gave me the new one, i dont know why they do it that way tho, seems kinda stupid to me... oh well thanks for the inof man i apreaciate it.