PDA

View Full Version : Episode 8 Discussion "spoilers"

Guardian_2000
Sun, 12-05-2004, 12:03 AM
I really really want Athrun's car. lol Now back to my view on the ep. Currently only have seen raw and only took in alil.

Another character development and plot mover. We get to see some old friends return in this ep. I loved the communication between Ramius and the Minerva Captain. It was funny. Athrun got a sweet ride and its like Orb is the big SEED hangout. I guess its where everyone retires after a major gundam series. Its kinda a nice time for ppl to relax while the mess of the Junius 7 incident is being addressed. Things aren't looking good at all. We get to see Kira and Athrun together. Purple haired guy is abit funny and Athrun's dislike for him is apparent easily. Anyone like the ring scene near the end? And then not to mention the crying scene which I know ppl are gonna say Shinn is a cry baby about. Him and Kira meet for the first time. Its not the first meeting everyone expected where they would be fighting which is a relief. Now when Shinn does find out it will be more of character development for him.

Next episode is gonna be packed with action from the looks as what appears to be the first battles of the new war. And if I'm not mistaken the Alliances new Windam will make its first appearances. Hurray for odd mecha designs.

Mut
Sun, 12-05-2004, 12:31 AM
hey, at least tell where we can get it (raw or subbed) for the lazy people.

Guardian_2000
Sun, 12-05-2004, 06:53 PM
well for the really lazy ppl who dont use google. I always find my raws from Tokyo Toshokan.

tokyotosho.com

When the subs start coming out you'll likely find them there as well.

Munsu
Mon, 12-06-2004, 01:52 AM
http://a.scarywater.net/aone/%5BA-Kingdom_-_AonE%5D_Gundam_SEED_Destiny_-_08_%5BD2561BFC%5D.avi.torrent

Cion
Mon, 12-06-2004, 07:07 AM
And the war begins again.

First Kira and Shinn meeting, doubt it will be the last.

PSJ
Mon, 12-06-2004, 01:53 PM
great ep lots of character development and asurans ride is sweet. i have caught myself agreeing with the blue cosmos and the rest of EF dont know why tho. Kira seems more calm and collected than in the old seed days, the purple haired orb guy was cool, i guess purple haired guys dont like each other, asuran seemed kinda jealous i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. shinn becoms a better and better main character, however i dont like how he treated the memorial i wish he could drop his angry face for at least a second, a nice scene would be if he went up to the forest were his sister died and cried a little then got mad, would have much bigger impact in my opinion. lacus doing some more singing not necesarily a bad thing but she shouldn't sing for a while now. and finally the only thing i disliked was that we didnt get to see jibril making evil plans i guess that comes next ep. destiny has started off in a great way, if it can keep up this momentum it will be a bad ass show, waiting for ep 9.

Munsu
Mon, 12-06-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
the purple haired orb guy was cool

He just looked gay to me... cool shouldn't be used in the same sentence as him

Shinigami
Mon, 12-06-2004, 02:33 PM
Yup Yup, we all agree Athrun's car is the shiet. I even love it when the spoilers in the back come up automatically lol, tight.
Yah Thy foreshadowing Shinn vs Kira........oh the greatness of battles.
BTW, does anyone remember the name of the song tht was played in piano version, I can't put my finger on it. ARGH. Help a brotha out.

PSJ
Mon, 12-06-2004, 05:42 PM
he was cool bud, name a new character that isnt damn they are great at coming up with new shit i liked him and how he tried his hardest to make asuran jealous. things like that is what creates a good show i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif not really but its still fun..

Board of Command
Mon, 12-06-2004, 06:17 PM
Pretty good episode. Lots of old characters come back, though I thought Cagalli would visit Kira since he is her brother after all...
=============================================
btw I just noticed this for the first time. This might be the mystery person from last episode.
http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload0/new_guy.jpg

Munsu
Mon, 12-06-2004, 06:39 PM
humm what mistery person?

i always thought that was Athrun

TwisT
Mon, 12-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Yeah i did'nt notised him ether until this episode..

Athrun comes earlier.. I think right after Shinn (don have time to look it up.. First i thought it was Athrun to but none of the other characters is in the ending twice.. So i guess it's someone else..

Well superb episode.. It's nice Athrun returns to Plant and space (like we did not se that coming).. But what suprised me was the fact that Shinn did not know who Kira was.. But on the other side, noone knew who Athrun really was until Cagalli said his name..

Board of Command
Mon, 12-06-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken

Last episode there was a mystery person in the office with Dulindal.

EpoC
Mon, 12-06-2004, 08:24 PM
great ep, little much talk maybe, but what the hell, I don't mind, just as long the story is developing.
NIce to see Kira, bartfeldt, ramius and lacus again.
I still hope to see Kira in action soon. That would be neat.

intense
Mon, 12-06-2004, 08:51 PM
what an episode... i would love to have that car though!!!! beats the Enzo for sure!
well yea... the talks are all done now... so im guessing that its time for the actions once again.... nice ring scene, and the shinn and kira part...
but soon.... there will be that episode where it does a recap of the what happened so far. isnt that episode 9 or is it 13? i dont even remember

Mut
Mon, 12-06-2004, 08:56 PM
this question is for terra only cuz he holds superior knowledge in all gundam series. who is the better gundam pilot/fighter, kira or athrun?

Munsu
Mon, 12-06-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command

Originally posted by: Budweineken

Last episode there was a mystery person in the office with Dulindal.

That was clearly a girl with Dulindal...

i have to recheck... but if my memory serves correctly... that was clearly a girl

Edit: Kira ownz Athrun... even the Kira hatters can't deny it

PSJ
Tue, 12-07-2004, 02:11 AM
yea that person in the office was a girl, you shouldnt really overthink a person in the ending....

Shinigami
Tue, 12-07-2004, 02:22 AM
Just thinking out loud here, but does anyone else wonder why thy MUST HAVE a scene of Athrun taking a shower in both series.......PLUS thy show running water down his body.........kidna disturbing as a guy. But I guess it does appeal to girls.

Also, thts not a guy in the mystery person, unless he has huge boobs and likes to wear long dresses.

Eurasian
Tue, 12-07-2004, 02:44 AM
yes, animated characters turn me on...lol.

omg..i think i got a little teary when athrun put that ring on cagalli's finger. kinda reminded me of laguna and raine...how touching!!!!

and that purple hair guy...LOOKS gay. i'm not saying he is. he got the donald trump hair...that thing in the front...

DeathscytheVII
Tue, 12-07-2004, 03:47 AM
Excellent episode, it seems the writers have learnt from their first season and are advancing the plot nicely, hopefully they won't put any of those crap flashback episodes....but meh.

The character development was great, although i dunno why, but i instantly hated the purple head orb guy the moment i saw him, either must be his cocky attitude or the fact that he tried to take kagari lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

PSJ
Tue, 12-07-2004, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
this question is for terra only cuz he holds superior knowledge in all gundam series. who is the better gundam pilot/fighter, kira or athrun?

even tho im not terra ill answer your question. Kira is the better pilot, he is said to be the ultimate coordinator. there isnt all that much diffrence tho, kira is just a little better.

wow so everybody thikns the purple orb guy is a jackass huh? well he kinda is but he's still cool, i like how he instantly made a move on kagari just to upset asuran. so the only ppl we really miss now is yzak and diakka i wonder when their squad will land on earth. and we need freedom back to, asuran will probably get saviour in the next ep or so maybe he will join up with yzak and then transfer over to minerva. this show is awesome now we need a little fighting to make kira jump into freedom and then the preperations are finally done, so we can start this mother fucker up for real.

G_Spot
Tue, 12-07-2004, 03:24 PM
That was an excellent episode i like how athrun and kira meet and how shinn and kira meet at the ending

intense
Tue, 12-07-2004, 06:16 PM
the fights are just gonna be pointless in the next episode i think... just between ginns and those new "windams"(as ive been hearin) theres basically no main character fights since they are all on earth. but maybe yzak deakka and athrun may be in battle with those stolen units... slight chance....but still...

Guardian_2000
Tue, 12-07-2004, 08:31 PM
grunt suit combat is a big part of gundam. I love seeing massive battles where grunts take on eachother. The fights between the astrays and daggers on orb was one of my favorite battles in SEED.

Also to note who thinks Athrun needs to improve on his proposal skills? Just putting a ring on a girls finger.?.?
SEED-Fansubs and the AonE subs have been released so you should check them out.

NomoZ
Tue, 12-07-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
however i dont like how he treated the memorial i wish he could drop his angry face for at least a second, a nice scene would be if he went up to the forest were his sister died and cried a little then got mad, would have much bigger impact in my opinion.

The Memorial WAS the place his family died, that's why when shinn looked at the mountain side with flowers they showed the flashback of the mountain side blowing up. I believe they did some other shots like that too.

kyubisrage
Tue, 12-07-2004, 11:52 PM
ya the purple haired guy annoyed me instantly. I dunno why. Ya kira would own athrun i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif!. Also who think kira and shin will fight eachother not knowing who they really are then when they get out of thier gundam they will make a dramatic scene?

DeathscytheVII
Wed, 12-08-2004, 02:48 AM
Really now? I have quite the opposite view. I think Athrun would give Kira a run for his money, aside from the fact that they both have SEED modes, Athrun has some advantages.

Hes more experienced (he was already a soldier when the first SEED came out. NOt only that, but an Elite Red Coat. I think his military training would give him an advantage over kira.

PSJ
Wed, 12-08-2004, 03:36 AM
kira is said to be the ultimate coordinator and he could control strike the instant he got in it better than an elite red coat could control his unit and kira did it without military training, of course ppl could just whip out an argument like "he is the main character so he wont lose" well correct but thats because he got superior skill.

Eurasian
Wed, 12-08-2004, 03:50 AM
well, kira is technically more powerful that the other coordinators because of the berserk thing BUT athrun can do that too...

but i have to agree with PSJ that kira is better than athrun. kira's whole piloting experience is the time gseed began while the other coordinators had a lifetime.

chitgoks
Wed, 12-08-2004, 04:06 AM
ratz! we need kira to talk! all he's been doing is "yeah, yeah, yeah". i think the only time so far he talked was when he was with shinn. when he was with athrun, he still kept on saying "yeah" bwahahaha

kira and shinn will probably fight, based on the intro where their gundams collide. we are all eagerly anticipating them getting into their gundams. time to whip those 3 stolen units, they think their units are strong, wait till they see kira's and athrun's unlimited powered gundam hehehehe

PSJ
Wed, 12-08-2004, 12:24 PM
hate to break it to ya chitgoks but asuran aint piloting justice in this series. i do want kira and freedom to show them what an elite pilot with a freakishly strong suit can do tho. sadly shinn will be able to defend against kira quite well probably.

Shinigami
Wed, 12-08-2004, 06:01 PM
POST DELETED (due to realization of stupididty of question)

Assassin
Wed, 12-08-2004, 06:19 PM
i'd like to see freedom and justice back, but i dunno.

still, i dont think shin can defend against kira. hes just not that good, plus he doesn't have enuff experience.

as far as gundams go, i think impulse is a pretty shitty one. its the worst main mobile suit in any gundam series i've seen. most have some crazy ability that puts them a mile above any otehr gundam, but all impulse has (from what we've seen) is some gay ass jetpack.

Board of Command
Wed, 12-08-2004, 06:27 PM
The new person in the ending could be a guy or girl, we really can't tell from that shot.

Assassin
Wed, 12-08-2004, 06:36 PM
looks liek a guy to me....it almost looks liek yzak, with darker hair. i seriously thought it was a clone of yzak or something

Guardian_2000
Wed, 12-08-2004, 06:37 PM
what jetpack are you referring to?

Munsu
Wed, 12-08-2004, 06:59 PM
The new person in the ending could be a guy or girl, we really can't tell from that shot.

guy or girl.... the one in the ending has male factions while the one in the office was clearly female... so the answer is no...

kyubisrage
Wed, 12-08-2004, 07:39 PM
seriously wtf have you guys forgotten how to distinguish between men and women?

Board of Command
Wed, 12-08-2004, 07:42 PM
I seriously can't tell if that person here is a guy or girl...and I don't see any male characteristics with him/her either. Wearing that uniform doesn't automatically make you male.

btw, I'm not doubting the person in the office is a girl. It's pretty obvious.

intense
Wed, 12-08-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
what jetpack are you referring to?

the attachment with the wings and everything (forgot what its called) well yea.. the attachment that makes impulse look like strike. i guess thats what he is considering a jetpack

Assassin
Wed, 12-08-2004, 11:59 PM
ya, thats the one....it gave him that extra boost to catch up to the other 2 gundams during the first or second ep. i dont know if it does anythign else.

my point was, impulse seems pretty gay for a main character gundum...it even has a gay name.

Board of Command
Thu, 12-09-2004, 12:04 AM
What's even gayer is that Impulse line at the very end of every episode, after the preview.

Shinigami
Thu, 12-09-2004, 01:06 AM
Jetpack referring to = Force Shiloutte

jing
Thu, 12-09-2004, 08:12 AM
What's even gayer is that Impulse line at the very end of every episode, after the preview.

pretty corny indeed, makes me feel like a kid when i listen to the lines...

Mut
Thu, 12-09-2004, 11:06 AM
i said... I WANTED TERRA to answer my question! i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

so... terra, who is the better pilot/fighter? kira or athrun? and do you think shinn will be better than any of them?

Terracosmo
Thu, 12-09-2004, 03:36 PM
Yo guys. Net is back. The Gundam homo is back. Yay.

As for Mut's question, were both Kira & Athrun side characters they would have been of equal strength. Following the formula of main characters, however, makes Kira a bit better. Though only just a bit. I think Shinn will reach Kira's level and perhaps even beat him, eventually, once again following the main character formula. But I am very open to any kind of surprise. At the end of GSD though, I am certain that Kira, Athrun & Shinn will be the top-3 greatest pilots ever (in no particular order).

As for the episode, great fucking shit as usual. I got pissed at Cagalli for not rejecting Yuuna. She was like "eehhh weelllll" instead of moving his arm away. I mean if she really likes Athrun then why the fuck doesn't she stand up for herself? Again, great shit. Every moment of the show is great.

Now here comes some spoilers regarding the character in the ending. This is news I've picked up from various sources, I do not know as of now if the sources are correct but they probably are, so here goes:

The name of the character is Shiho. It's a female. And she's sort of a fangirl to both Yzak & Dearka.

Munsu
Thu, 12-09-2004, 04:05 PM
I seriously can't tell if that person here is a guy or girl...and I don't see any male characteristics with him/her either. Wearing that uniform doesn't automatically make you male.

btw, I'm not doubting the person in the office is a girl. It's pretty obvious.

What I meant is that it doesnt matter what the gender turns out to be... what is important is the appearance... the person in the screen cap (regardless of gender) looks like a male and has short hair... while the one in the office clearly has female factions and has long hair... both look different so no... they are not the same

XwingRob
Thu, 12-09-2004, 07:01 PM
It looks like Yzak except that the hair color is different.

Terracosmo
Thu, 12-09-2004, 07:06 PM
Hence the Yzak fangirlness.

Knives122
Thu, 12-09-2004, 07:12 PM
I dont know if any of you can see this, but that person has long hair, you cant really see it though

Munsu
Thu, 12-09-2004, 07:23 PM
knives122... stop talking crap because you can't see shit... and what you are thinking it's her hair is simply the color of the uniform a little discolored because of the encoding

Guardian_2000
Thu, 12-09-2004, 08:44 PM
Possibly big spoilers.... But just rumors none the less

I'm just gonna say this. Guys don't sit with their legs like that. Its very common however of women to sit like that. Just something you pick up looking at nice legs... Anywho the girl in the office as I've been repeatedly told is the Lacus double. The real one being with Kira. She is to be an idol for the Zaft soldiers and bring favor and support. Which I stated earlier. Just people keep drilling it in boards I read.

As for what Terra said I've heard the rumors also that its Shiho Hahnenfuss. The other kicker which is really still a rumor is that she is Yzak's fiance. Yep engaged nice huh. She isn't just a fan. Those of you who are familiar with the MSV should remember that name. She is the pilot of the experimental YFX-200 CGUE Deep Arms. Those that haven't looked at the mangas may remember the suit from the Red Astray MSV clip. Its the Experimental model that chases Lowe into the city. Has the 2 thermal energy cannons. Anyways I'm very excited and hoping to see more into both characters. It may mean more showtime and a more indepth look into Yzak. Who knows if all of them is getting hooked up maybe Dearka will hook up with Miriallia. Heres hoping

Souryusen
Thu, 12-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Mut, if it gives you a better picture of Kira and Asuran's skill... when they DID fight each other, no holds barred, full berserker goodness, gundam pieces were flying everywhere and in the end both units, Strike (Kira) and Aegis (Asuran) were destroyed. Strike, however, was salvagable.

Board of Command
Thu, 12-09-2004, 09:33 PM
Sorry Bud, I still don't see how that person looks like a guy. Great point Guardian, teenage guys normally don't sit cross-legged.

Munsu
Thu, 12-09-2004, 10:45 PM
whatever... no point in keeping discussing this because you have not read a single word of what i have typed....

and eitherway... no matter how much you twist things into your favor you are still wrong...

the person in the screen cap... and the person in the office are 2 different people... end of discussion

XwingRob
Fri, 12-10-2004, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
Possibly big spoilers.... But just rumors none the less

As for what Terra said I've heard the rumors also that its Shiho Hahnenfuss. The other kicker which is really still a rumor is that she is Yzak's fiance. Yep engaged nice huh. She isn't just a fan. Those of you who are familiar with the MSV should remember that name. She is the pilot of the experimental YFX-200 CGUE Deep Arms. Those that haven't looked at the mangas may remember the suit from the Red Astray MSV clip. Its the Experimental model that chases Lowe into the city. Has the 2 thermal energy cannons. Anyways I'm very excited and hoping to see more into both characters. It may mean more showtime and a more indepth look into Yzak. Who knows if all of them is getting hooked up maybe Dearka will hook up with Miriallia. Heres hoping

Ah, ok. So it's not a Yzak clone with darker hair and a tendacy to sit cross-legged.

Guardian_2000
Sun, 12-12-2004, 04:01 AM
Spoiler

Next ep its pretty much a done deal that the girl who was in the office is the lacus double. And boy is she dittsy.

Munsu
Tue, 12-14-2004, 01:07 AM
hummm if you saw what happened in episode 9... why come in to the episode 8 thread and comment on it as a spoiler? makes no sense... just make a episode 9 discussion and simply talk all that pertains to that episode there

Guardian_2000
Thu, 12-16-2004, 01:50 PM
because the discussion about these people was in here. Not everyone reads each new thread. And not everyone is upto date. The topic of the spoiler related to this thread so thats where I posted it.

Munsu
Thu, 12-16-2004, 03:14 PM
I know... but i simply can't understand why post spoilers of things you already know happens on the next episode... it really has no weight as a discussion... it simply looks like an attempt to look good... dont get me wrong, this is not against you... but it is too common in all type of threads and i find it ridiculous why people try to spoil some things, especially when it can be discussed in other threads or when it is really not necessary to spoil...

This is a episode 8 discussion... not a watch episode 9 comment on episode 8 thread.... that's just my opinion

Guardian_2000
Sat, 12-18-2004, 04:16 PM
Bud true enough its only an opinion. If it bothers you that I try to keep with discussions i'll make notes in future posts. It would of been weird for me to start of a thread otherwise. The other thread wasn't started even i don't think. Which is why I posted in this thread. But its all water under the bridge.

PSJ
Sun, 12-19-2004, 06:42 PM
oh how fun, okay guardian dont discuss ep 9 in a thread about ep 8 all of us pretty much knew that we would get that answered if we just kept being patient(sp?) and wow it came in ep 9 but wait for a freakin ep 9 discussion thread or make one yourself if you want to discuss that ep dont do it in the wrong thread, and if ppl aarent as up to date as you are on the new eps, meaning watching the raw then wait until ppl have watched the ep be patient man or go somewhere else to discuss it.