PDA

View Full Version : why ppl hate sakura??

every1_own
Wed, 12-01-2004, 11:07 PM
okay, i know sakura is a crazy girl and got no talent for now (in episode) im not sure i started to watch naruto 1months ago so i still dont know what happens l8er (after episode 112)
*EDITED*

FIRST!!!
just think about it, if sakura weren't a main character, im srry but
it would be a rude anime with no emotion!!!! geez each time
it gets sad its because of sakura,
remember that fight against haku.. im not sure(when sasuke is close to die for the fiorst time aah)
well sakura ran at him and blablabla... anyway this is when i really loved naruto because
we learn alot about each character emotions and all
and that fight againts these the sounds gennin?? when she get 3 knives direct hit?
or when she admit to sasuke her feelings...

Second....
why saying konohamaru ()could kick sakura ass??? who cares...
geez a big part why naruto is fun!!
without her the show wouldn't be fun i would be to serious and
we would get bored SOOOO fast

third:
why saying she should die in a direct hit and blablabla(another one said that...geez)
naruto was such a drop out from the beginning...and see how he do now
i know sakura got so thin chakra but it can evolve...we cant know her limits until
she reach it!!!

finally i would like to say srry for ppl who still hate her...
but i sincerely like her(my favorite character)
she give me emotions,she got courage(when she wants)
she is intelligent(at first she liked Sasuke because hes cool)
but when she admit her feelings to him we see that she grew up
and learned alot about him...she know he deserve a normal life without revenge
she's OKAY!

EDIT: hey, don't spoil. - mut

kooshi
Wed, 12-01-2004, 11:12 PM
It seems like you created a new account just for this topic. Two things in my mind now:

1. Sakura hasn't been very useful in a fight (even against Zaku since he still beat her. Ino's team had to rescue her)
2. Eventually, this topic will be closed by a moderator. 98% of the people here don't like Sakura. I personally don't, but I don't like her either.

every1_own
Wed, 12-01-2004, 11:18 PM
then you guys are non-sensitive...person who only wants blood and fight
geez this anime is cool bcose of his emotionnal momments!!
not like dragon ball!! (someone die and revive and die and revive..)
even if he close it i wanted to say my opinion...

i hate sasuke frmo the beginning... but i dont care
if he wasnt in this show.. then there would be no show...

if sakura was not there...then 80% of the emotionnal parts would eb removed

ppl can hate her ya.... but saying she should die is to much

i hate sasuke but i dont want him to die....

stop saying she should die... maybe after the (3 years l8er)

she'll be cooler for u...
me and my brother like her... she know she got no special talents
but try hard to protect ppl!!
could we say that about us???....
its just an anime tho ahahah

Mut
Wed, 12-01-2004, 11:29 PM
i'm only gonna leave this thread open for a little bit so you can have your noob fun. but if this thread goes even slightly off topic or if you call anyone a moron or any insulting name again, it'll be closed.

every1_own
Wed, 12-01-2004, 11:35 PM
noob stuff.. isnt it a open discussion?? sayon our opinion?? (maybe i took wrong one.. it would not be surprising from me ahah

anyway... it's just ppl say blablabla she (stinks)... wont say the real word its a bad one!!

but it seems we cant have any opinion here because i searched for things about sakura..
each time she do something cool peaple say its stupid (its true about the boat thingy)
but the other time against the 3 sound ninja... even if she get helped after...
courage like that is a proof of behing cool

anyway im with you guys... loll she should stop talking about sasuke... he doesnt really care about her (for now) :S

anyway im srry for doing my *noob fun* but i think open discussions are to say our opinion and we cannot live in a world with no opinions sooooooooooo

good bye and im sorry for behing annoying... i just like it (behing annoying) or saying my opnion is the same as i see

anyway hip hip hurray to every1 who likes sakura!!!
and hip hurray for the ppl who doesnt like her

Mut
Wed, 12-01-2004, 11:42 PM
hey. listen up. i'm not stopping you from talking about sakura and whatnot, have your discussion. i didn't say you can't have it. all i said was that if it goes off topic or you call people names again, i'm closing the thread. don't misundertand it again, read it twice if you need to. if you understood what i said, don't respond to my post cuz it'll keep throwing it off topic, just stay on topic. however, if you didn't understand it, PM me of which part you didn't understand and i'll explain it.

btw, when i said 'noob fun' i meant that cuz you registered just today.

anyway, back on topic.

ShinobiNeko
Wed, 12-01-2004, 11:42 PM
Sakura sucks that's why we hate her. and she does not make the anime sad...whatever, nothing that sakura did ever made me sad, and that's insulting other characters as if they couldn't evoke emotions from the viewers besides sakura... and by the way , without sakura the anime would be fun, actually, it would be better, she dosn't bring anything to the anime thats important -_-.

pointless thread, but might as well say something about sakura

kooshi
Wed, 12-01-2004, 11:45 PM
Well, it is true that everyone has their own opinions, which I have been constantly been using to get the people here to stop biting each other's heads off, haha.
Anyways, back on topic, courage doesn't necessarily mean you're cool. You can have courage and still look like a dumbass, haha.

KitKat
Wed, 12-01-2004, 11:46 PM
My dislike of Sakura has very valid reasons. Sure she's an emotional character, but not in a constructive way. She's totally clueless about things that are going on around her, and she's extremely unreliable. Not to mention a hundred other things I could say, but I'm not going to cause that would just take up too much time. Maybe I don't wish she would die, but I wish she would get with the program and stop being so useless.

miaka
Wed, 12-01-2004, 11:56 PM
for starters please read what i posted on naruto 109 dicussion.. "everyone i own"

V_V i know one day i put a huge list of why sakura is so annoying.. but can not find it at all....

my biggest thing is her acting like she has selfless love or something.. but yet she doesn't even know anything about sasuke..(examples on 109 dicussion)

and second thing.. is how she treats Ino and naruto.. i mean sakura abandoned ino for sasuke.. when Ino was the only one who would be friends with her.. and defend her from getting teased about her big forehead.. and naruto.. i mean how many times did he help her.. and he always is so nice to her..

and she is so useless... she goes oh.. i will be strong enough to protect naruto and sasuke.. but we don't even see her train at all...after all her crap talk (she even cut her hair that time).. she goes " i don't understand why guys train so hard..." duh.. they are ninjas..

there are just too many to go on.. but you get my point

Terracosmo
Thu, 12-02-2004, 01:29 AM
Yes, let's keep Sakura. We wouldn't Naruto to become a RUDE ANIME, now would we?

ROFL.

Anyway, what good is emotion in a series when it's entirely uncalled for?
Sakura has no reason to love Sasuke. She's just a little bitch who can't control her hormones, falling for a guy who never showed any signs of being interested in her. Around these parts we call that stupid, not admirable.

wang
Thu, 12-02-2004, 01:33 AM
why would the creator even want sakura in the Naruto anime?

jing
Thu, 12-02-2004, 01:44 AM
I don't hate her, I'm just not a pedophile.

Assertn
Thu, 12-02-2004, 02:03 AM
and people say deblas doesnt know how to speak english.....wtf fob?

Thu, 12-02-2004, 02:13 AM
well... sakura at least is there for a point... u know, she is better than nothing...
she brought the kindness out of sasuke

i mean, she isn't useful... no one doubts that... but she isn't useless... i guess that's what this thread is all about...

kAi
Thu, 12-02-2004, 02:50 AM
Sakura is useless. that has been pointed out above.
and with the I love sasuke shit. she is 12-13 years old what the hell would she know, she basis everything on the way sasuke looks, ooh he is so cool, ooh he is so handsome.
fall in love with someone who keeps insulting her, hah, she is over him coz of looks and looks alone. that is it. she is a stubburn mule, who shouldn't even be a ninja.

Cyrano
Thu, 12-02-2004, 03:05 AM
Sakura is one of the rare genins who actually act like a 13 years old. It gives the serie a dose emotional realism that counterbalance all those fearless and overpowered kids.

Munsu
Thu, 12-02-2004, 03:21 AM
All of you can screw yourselves.... Sakura is awesome... she's my favorite character of Naruto...

Enough said

DeathscytheVII
Thu, 12-02-2004, 03:32 AM
I don't hate her per say, but i am annoyed with her. For several reasons.

Sakura is to obsessed with Sasuke, she never even cared about Naruto, how is she a friend? When Naruto risked his life to save her from Gaara, did she ever thank him? She automatically assumed it was sasuke who saved her. Did she thank him right after she found out?

She's also too oblvious to anything that doesn't involve sasuke, did she even know Naruto liked her or how much her hugging sasuke in front of him hurt him? She is oblivious to all the nice things Naruto (and her other friends) have done for her, and also oblivious to that fact that Sasuke couldn't care less about her. She constantly hounds him even though he makes it clear he's not interested in her, while doing that, she manages to treat naruto badly (i think Naruto has enough bruises to testify for that...) I would call that insensitive i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Sakura wants to be a good ninja, and be a contribution to the team, i admit that, i respect that. But when did she actually take the initiative to train by herself, instead of sitting on the sidelines watching Sasuke and naruto fight, wishing she could match them.

She's also useless too i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif (she had a high point in the tea country, but.....it wasn't part of the real story line, so ill stick to that.)

I agree Sakura is an important character, but its a shame that Kishimoto hasn't developed her character AT ALL since the forest of death incident. After that I thought Sakura would actually make an effort to get strong, to become a part of the team, no... a better person. Unfortunately, that hasn't come true, she's still the official team deadweight.

Y
Thu, 12-02-2004, 03:47 AM
I freely admit I skimmed your opening post, because your formatting is horrible, as is your grammar.

Frankly, I dislike Sakura because she is a one-note character whose only development moment was spent 60 episodes ago.

samsonlonghair
Thu, 12-02-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Sakura has no reason to love Sasuke. She's just a little bitch who can't control her hormones, falling for a guy who never showed any signs of being interested in her. Around these parts we call that stupid, not admirable.

Can you honestly say that you've never fallen for someone who would never return your feelings? Can anyone make that claim? Sakura is a well written and very human character. From a literary point of view, she's very interesting. Kishimoto should be commended for creating such an emotional character in a genre that shows no respect for such characters.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 12-02-2004, 12:54 PM
I have to agree with everyone else Sakura sucks. The only useful purpose she serves is to provide an emotional cataylist for naruto and sasuke. She's a main character but she is still not pulling her weight.

Think about. Remember in the Chunnin exam where she was supposed to get her big moment. The music was all pumped and getting us excited for us to see her do something. But what happened? She bit a guy and got punched in the face repeatedly.

Can you say Anti-Climactic.

Despite everything naruto has done for her she's still a bitch towards him and Rock Lee(well she's starting to get a little better).

They don't even use her for comedic purposes anymore. Inner Sakura completly disappeared after her fight with Ino. There is a hint of promise in the future but honestly compared to naruto and sasuke's advancement she's still got a hell of alot to catch up to.

Kagari
Thu, 12-02-2004, 02:30 PM
sometimes character developpment is more imoportant than ninja abilities and power growth.

She's an excellent character, one of my top 5 no doubt. I'd try explaining it to 98% of the forum, but it's like talking to a brick wall. They want their jutsus and explosions... Enjoy.

I'll stick with understanding Sakura's purpose on my own, and hope for others to see her importance.

Assertn
Thu, 12-02-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien
I freely admit I skimmed your opening post, because your formatting is horrible, as is your grammar.

Frankly, I dislike Sakura because she is a one-note character whose only development moment was spent 60 episodes ago.

i believe you meant to say 80 eps ago

Lammasu
Thu, 12-02-2004, 02:55 PM
I definitely agree with the majority...Sakura seems to do nothing but occupy space on the screen...oh and water the ground with her tears. I think that if you have to rationalize a characters purpose in a show (ie Sakura being a plot device to fuel Naruto/Sasuke situations) then for the most part, that character is essentially useless.

But we all have to keep in mind that some people love (for lack of a better word) useless characters, just look at how popular Azumanga is and it's got nothing but useless characters in it.

Lammasu
Thu, 12-02-2004, 02:56 PM
sorry for the double post...slow comp.

animefreak
Thu, 12-02-2004, 03:57 PM
i think Sakura is a cute character, and i don't hate her or anything, but y the hell did she picked Sakuke who doesn't even like her, while Naruto who's trying his hardest justs to get closed to her. She just wasting her times loving someone who's gay.

Alhuin
Thu, 12-02-2004, 04:14 PM
There was the time in the Forest of Death where she stopped Sasuke from destroying the 3 sound nin. Yeah, it woulda been cool to see him go maniacal for a good while, but had he not been stopped, he probably would have went after Oro then and not learned the Chidori. Just my opinion though...

Munsu
Thu, 12-02-2004, 04:33 PM
I get it why some of you hate Sakura... you are just identifying yourselves with Naruto and inability to get women... and since Sakura has been turning Naruto down, you guys are relating it to when you guys get turned down because she likes someone better than you

NM
Thu, 12-02-2004, 07:52 PM
I don't really hate Sakura as much as everyone else but the only thing that I don't like about her is her obsessesion with Sasuke. The one thing I like about her is her trying to give it 100% to help the team, just like how Naruto, Sasuke, and Kakashi give it their all.

Like DeathScythe said, she's just to obsessed with Sasuke. From the beginning of the anime to now, all she's ever cared about is getting Sasuke to fall in love with her. Sasuke has told her countless times that the only thing he cares about is getting revenge on Itachi. Trying to get Sasuke to like her seems like a waste of time.

The other thing I used to hate but now I don't was the way she treated Naruto. Again as DeathScythe said, Naruto saved her yet she never even expressed any gratitude towards him (though in her mind, she did seem surprised at the fact). I don't hate this fact anymore though because now she knows that Naruto understands how she feels and has been trying to help her out more than hurting her chances with Sasuke.

Btw, her special jutsu's in Narutimet Hero 2 suck i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Deblas
Fri, 12-03-2004, 07:02 PM
actually the blind one is sakura not us. i mean why does she still like a guy who obviously doesnt like her back

KaneInferno
Fri, 12-03-2004, 09:46 PM
As a ninja, Sakura sucks. As a character, she is very important, however, in the fact that she is needed to be saved. What is the point of Naruto's character, who has pledged to protect his friends and his village, if there was no one weak to protect? With out the weak, there can't be the strong.

DeathscytheVII
Fri, 12-03-2004, 10:37 PM
I get it why some of you hate Sakura... you are just identifying yourselves with Naruto and inability to get women... and since Sakura has been turning Naruto down, you guys are relating it to when you guys get turned down because she likes someone better than you

And i get why you concocted this little theory of yours up i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif because you are unable to counter the points that everyone has offered about sakura thus far.

Also, some of us didn't say we hated sakura... now did we? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Btw, naruto having trouble getting women? Pllleease i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Thunder_Pants
Sat, 12-04-2004, 04:47 AM
everyone keeps saying "She's 13 she has no idea what love is"

basically she feels she's in love with Sasake for the same reason RL 13 girls are in love with whoever the latest boy band craze is, honestly from my point of view it looks like she really cares more for Naruto then for Sasake, but as you all keep saying she's 13, she doesn't know how to deal with those feelings so she ignores Naruto and pines after something unatainable

Kagari
Sat, 12-04-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by: Lammasu
I definitely agree with the majority...Sakura seems to do nothing but occupy space on the screen...oh and water the ground with her tears. I think that if you have to rationalize a characters purpose in a show (ie Sakura being a plot device to fuel Naruto/Sasuke situations) then for the most part, that character is essentially useless.

But we all have to keep in mind that some people love (for lack of a better word) useless characters, just look at how popular Azumanga is and it's got nothing but useless characters in it.

Even if Sakura's only purpose was to fuel/affect Naruto and Sasuke (which it isn't), how is it rationalizing to deem her important? Without Sakura, Naruto would never have defeated Gaara. Also, Sasuke, like Alhuin said, might have killed the three sound if it were not for Sakura. These things are astronomical in importance.

JusDaMan
Sat, 12-04-2004, 02:56 PM
Sakura is useful in 2 ocassions...

Filler eps when sakura used tsunade type strength
and another filler episode where she was in a towel and the animators drew her of being more than a 13 year old.

yup yup Lol.. other than that... NAW.... ahahahhaa The least she can do is make medicine like hinata or learn to throw stuff like ten ten(or was it ton ton or tin tin?) or have a special family skill. but noooooo.

Kagari
Sat, 12-04-2004, 03:07 PM
Well, Sakura can form a proper sentence, which is more than I can say for 75% of this forum.

@Jusdaman, do you remember which episode she used the strength in? Go figure you'd call it filler. I remember a cool battle, a strange turn of events, and an exciting finish. But, I could be wrong.

Assertn
Sat, 12-04-2004, 03:42 PM
kagari, a filler is something that wasnt in the manga
so no matter how cool that tea country arc may have been (which wasnt really), its still technically filler

Kagari
Sun, 12-05-2004, 04:23 AM
In 112 episodes, I've seen only 2 episodes that I can consider 'filler'. (Which to me, does barely anything to advance the story, and contains redundant and useless information.)

Episodes 59 and 101. 59 was ok, since it had a LITTLE bit of character developpment (hinata & naruto), some plot developpment (though quite unecessary, we saw naruto take a whole episode to get to the stadium) and it even had some action. (Bullriding was pretty exciting...but i mreaching here).

101 was horrid.

Other than that, I challenge anyone to name me one episode of filler. (Don't say Tea Country arc, as it still advanced the story and provided us with some cool battles. I, of course, am fully biased, as I welcomed the return of my beloved mist nins. Lucky.)

If you can, then I will admit defeat, and also, while I'm at it, admit that sakura sucks. But i still think she's awesome.

edit: mis-spelled a word or two. :/

Thunder_Pants
Sun, 12-05-2004, 11:21 AM
boring and filler really arn't the same thing though, filler is any episode that strays from the manga for the perpose of giving the manga some time to get farther ahead so they continue to have more material to work with, to fill time if you will to my knowledge there have been 2 full filler arcs, acording to this definition and then some more random episodes here and there

sounds to me like your definition of a filler episode is any episode that can't keep your interest due to lack of action

SK
Sun, 12-05-2004, 11:21 AM
i dont like sakura because she is the type of girl i wouldent like in real life. no one likes those weak, obsessed with guys they cant have, type of girl who thinks her existence depends on some dude. btw when i say weak i dont mean physically, for the slow people here.

Kagari
Sun, 12-05-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by: Thunder_Pants

sounds to me like your definition of a filler episode is any episode that can't keep your interest due to lack of action

Sounds to me like you don't read people's posts before offering an opinion.

allow me to aid you:

Originally posted by: Kagari

In 112 episodes, I've seen only 2 episodes that I can consider 'filler'. (Which to me, does barely anything to advance the story, and contains redundant and useless information.)

Nowhere did I say I considered no action to be filler. In fact, I often prefer the story driven episodes to the battle ones.

Just because the series deviates from the manga also does not mean that it is filler.

Kishimoto has much more freedom with the medium of television, and therefore he uses it. Sure, the manga was written first, but you children must come to accept that the anime is a vast improvement on the story and the characters, and you must also accept this as being the story of Naruto, not a 'representation of the manga' as so many of you believe.

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 12-05-2004, 04:15 PM
[/quote]

Nowhere did I say I considered no action to be filler. In fact, I often prefer the story driven episodes to the battle ones.

Just because the series deviates from the manga also does not mean that it is filler.

Kishimoto has much more freedom with the medium of television, and therefore he uses it. Sure, the manga was written first, but you children must come to accept that the anime is a vast improvement on the story and the characters, and you must also accept this as being the story of Naruto, not a 'representation of the manga' as so many of you believe.[/quote]

'Kishimoto has much more freedom with the medium of television?" From what I know the manga-ka has controll over their manga, not the TV version so how could he have the medium of television? He dosn't really have much to do with the TV version, so he can't "use it". Whatever happens in the anime that deviates from the manga was created by the staff at the animation studio, not from Kishimoto - which is probably why people call it a filler, and the arc about the Tea village was a filler arc, being that it had nothing to do with the manga, and [most likely] whatever happened in there won't apply to manga story it went back to since it was just put there to space out the time between where the manga is and the anime so it dosn't catch up. as for saying the anime is "being the story of Naruto" the anime is Naruto story, but I think it's more correct to say that the manga is the story of Naruto because the story was originally created by Kishimoto and it is his work and his ideas so what happens in the manga is the original story and the story of Naruto. The anime is a animated representation of the manga with some new things or differences added in. Its not made to be the real "story of Naruto" it's made when a manga is popular and an animation company thinks it can make money off of it as well as pull in more people to read the manga if they started with the anime. The original is the manga, the anime takes most of its elements from the manga, therefore the "story of Naruto" is the manga since the story of Naruto is in the hands of Kishimoto, not anime directors or what have you. ^^

Neef
Sun, 12-05-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by: Cyrano
Sakura is one of the rare genins who actually act like a 13 years old. It gives the serie a dose emotional realism that counterbalance all those fearless and overpowered kids.

Word.

Originally posted by: KaneInferno
With out the weak, there can't be the strong.

'nuff said.

Now I don't necessarily idolize Sakura, I just wish they would have developed her character alot more than what it is. I haven't read the manga, so I don't know if she ever gets better, but I can only hope. I dislike an absence of character development in any character that shows up regularly.

every1_own
Sun, 12-05-2004, 06:36 PM
okay loll this thread turned to big :S
srry =-(

anyway hmm someone said she's just a 12-13 years old girl?
but don't u think of behing a ninja like they do is getting you mature 3204982390 time faster
because if it was of me...seeing blood as they do and seeing ppl DIE as they do
i would grow up very mature ...even at 13years old!!!!

but it's real tho that she doesnt know anything about sasuke
except he's cheap and heartless...(well thats the image he wants ppl to think)
but ..ya she should become more usefull... because except getting flowers for Lee
she doesnt do alot ahah
and hmm ya it was stupid the scene with the boat... ya... i can lift 500 pounds or more!!!!
i can....... ;P

next, someone said that she,s not the one who give emotions??? then who..
because the scene i was the saddest was when sasuke *dyed* vs haku or when she *cuts her hair* (funny and sad)..mostly funny... or when she says her feelings to sasuke...or when she want to protect them... well when naruto protect sakura or sasuke,,,, or sasuke protect them... its not very sad..because they win!!! ahahah

Finally im srry modator for behing rude i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif you know... sakura's my favorite character
and it got me angry when i saw how much ppl hate her ahah (its crazy!!)

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 12-05-2004, 07:55 PM
Just because they are a ninja dosen't mean that they would mature faster than anyone else, thats up to the person and their characteristic and the events that take place to shape their character, Sakura isn't all that mature, but neither is Naruto at times.

I was the one who mentioned her and giving emotions, first thing, it's up to the viewer to decide what is emotional to them or not, for some they didn't get emotional over that part, probably many since most could assume that the character couldn't die that early on. Yeah she might have helped in that but the true emotional part of that would have been about Sasuke not about Sakura crying, and her hair part, didn't find that emotional at all. And second of all the way you put it is as if it's Sakura's role in the anime to evoke emotion, like she is the only character to do that. Wrong -_-. People can have emotions evoked by Naruto, because of his past, as well as Sasuke and his past, or Tsunades past, and what Rock Lee is going through, as well as Neji's past and what he had to go through, Gaara's past and what he had to go though. All characters can evoke those emotions. Personally I think that other characters, such as Neji, Gaara, Naruto evoked more emotion than Sakura.

And when she told her feeling to Sasuke, thought it was lame, as well as many others that have posted something similar about that part. And yeah she did SAY she WATED to protect them but since she NEVER did ANYTHING to get stronger, it was useless words that she said, which makes her more useless and an unmotivated character.

People will dislike Sakura and continue to disklike Sakura untill the character changes from her present state of being useless, unmotivated, weak and above all Sasuke obsessed.

by the way, know you like Sakura and that's your free choice but people that dislike Sakura also have the choice to dislike her and voice their opinion about that on the forum. =)

miaka
Sun, 12-05-2004, 07:55 PM
Everyo1 own.. okay..
and okay.. i admit that she was kinda being kewl when she cut her hair and made a resolution.. but it is TOTALLY RUINED By the fact that she doesn't follow the resolution..

and as for her maturing.. well... i think other ppl mature way more faster than her.. for example.. naruto,

AND YES she know NOTHI NG about sasuke.. not even about he doesn't have parents, apparently.. because sakura went " naruto is only like that because he have no parent.. and said right sasuke?....

and sasuke being cold to her..? it's only because she's being an idiot infront of him.. always goignn "sasuke sasuke..." and annoying him by saying "you are just being modest, i know you saved me." and the Famous quote above.... i mean actually i respect sasuke for being at least that nice...

and as for sasuke dying geez all she did was screamingly crying stuff.. the emotional part was when sasuke was talking to naruto about his dream and how his body just moved on its own..

^_^ but i m glad at least you admit stuff.. however..

and @kagari.. well.. anime is the representation... first of all they are based on manga... and second of all manga artist doesn't have much to do with production of anime.. and many times.. anime gets ruined by company making their own filler and stuff example:kenshin second OVA(where even the manga artist didn't like, and naruto filler we watched... )

when anime goes off from manga.. usually character's personality change.. and the rules they set up changes.. which makes it unlogical.. and confusing

Assassin
Sun, 12-05-2004, 10:28 PM
sakura is a cock sucking bitch. her only role in the anime is to get killed. end of discussion

Terracosmo
Mon, 12-06-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by: samsonlonghair

Can you honestly say that you've never fallen for someone who would never return your feelings? Can anyone make that claim? Sakura is a well written and very human character. From a literary point of view, she's very interesting. Kishimoto should be commended for creating such an emotional character in a genre that shows no respect for such characters.

Were it not for your long hair I'd rape you for this.
Sakura is not a human character and if she is I will now commence crying for humanity's decaying.
And yes I can honestly say that I've never fucking fallen for someone who does not return my feelings.

I have been interested, yes. I have asked people on dates and gotten rejected, yes.
Both of those things are quite normal. However...

BEING FUCKING OBSESSED WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS BARELY SPOKEN TO YOU FOR MORE THAN A YEAR IS -NOT- NORMAL! IT IS MENTAL! AND SAKURA -SUCKS-!

GODDAMNIT

And Kishimoto should definately not be commended for adding this hollow and worthless excuse of a character to the fray other than for us to randomly hate.

Kagari
Mon, 12-06-2004, 12:53 PM
Sakura rox your sox.

Neko, when I said more freedom, I meant freedom to play with scenes, characters, music etc.

Television gives the option of sound, full colour, movement and vocals, which = more freedom to play with things.

However, if you're telling me that Kishimoto has no creative control over what goes into the anime, then I will most likely look at things differently. However, I do require some sort of proof, as I refuse to believe he would allow his work to be taken completely out of his hands.

Aramis
Mon, 12-06-2004, 03:25 PM
Well, Sakura's obsession with Sasuke, as if it wasn't totally overboard already, just crossed the line at episodes 109-110. Made me wish that she remained knocked cold for another lifetime or two. Just like Sasuke says...it's unsightly. Plus he has already tipped her off that if she wants respect from Sasuke, then train, get stronger, and accomplish something....but no finger lifted. And she also has doubts whether Naruto (who has never failed her at anything) and the other great Genins can bring Sasuke back.
Sakura, you're annoying! even if the world rotated around a person, it wouldn't be you. Ever.

Kagari
Mon, 12-06-2004, 05:09 PM
Aramis, you bring up a few very good points, and i agree with most of what you said.

These things are why I like sakura SO much as a character. Think of how much she has to grow when compared to her teammates, and how much she has to learn! While they are all accomplishing big things, gaining power, and growing up...she remains a thirteen year old girl, more concerned over stupid things than what might be truly important. This kind of stage is an important one, and with her intelligence, all she needs is some wisdom to guide her path.

Naruto wants to become hokage, and he's had Jirayia to help him do things on his own, and become a stronger ninja. Sasuke wants to become stronger than his brother, and Orochimaru helped him realize that he can gain the power that he seeks.
and Sakura....wants sasuke. Unfourtunately, there's no one to show her what's truly important, except maybe Sasuke himself (by rejecting her after she poured her heart out) and Naruto (by showing her his strength and honour, and proving to her that she can trust him by going to get sasuke).

They all have their own dreams, but Sakura has to learn what her dreams truly should be.

every1_own
Mon, 12-06-2004, 05:52 PM
ya neko your right i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif u know im not perfect!!

but when i meant ...sakura gives emotions.. it was for me.. srry i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

but ya naruto past was sad...and sasuke's to hehe, but she is the only one
who shows her emotions (i mean cry out loud) she's good at it tho...to good... ahahah
but miaka you opened my eyes... you are right.. sasuke and naruto are actually very emotional
and (for me) sakura is to complete de trio... because id it was only sasuke,naruto and kakashi it would be kind of empty... they could put another character.. but only on first sight i loved sakura SOOO much...(i really like how she's looking like...(im not in love) i only love anime characters and this one rox ohh and the voices in japenese are soo cool... way better than english ones.. WAY better

ohh and for the mature thing.. i was saying that it is normal to love someone that much when it fights to protect you and you see him get hurt badly to protect you etc... by fightning like that and doing mission as they do i just THINK its okay about their age and *love*.. but i must admit her lovehas turned into obssession... like sasuke was HIS guy and no another girl's one..... she sooo pig headed.. but i like her!!
of course i like kakashi,sasuke,naruto etc

ohhh and im so happy to give my opinion but could peaple stop saying like shes a bit** and more like she should die... why didi they make her... blablablas..... i hate sasuke but he's a part of the anime so who care... if u hate your brother are you saying tro yourself why did *he* made him??? geez come on hehe

by the way every1's opinions own... except for the one who are heartless and rude as i said in the last paragraph

animefreak
Mon, 12-06-2004, 09:56 PM
in my opinion, the only one who's truly deeply fallen in love with Sakura is Lee, yes even more than Naruto. Lee is the only one who say this to Sakura "I will protect you till i died", or something like that. Sakura should really go out with a guy like him instead of a guy like Sakuke.

ShinobiNeko
Mon, 12-06-2004, 10:45 PM

Sakura is not a human character and if she is I will now commence crying for humanity's decaying.
And yes I can honestly say that I've never fucking fallen for someone who does not return my feelings.

I have been interested, yes. I have asked people on dates and gotten rejected, yes.

BEING FUCKING OBSESSED WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS BARELY SPOKEN TO YOU FOR MORE THAN A YEAR IS -NOT- NORMAL! IT IS MENTAL! AND SAKURA -SUCKS-!

GODDAMNIT

And Kishimoto should definately not be commended for adding this hollow and worthless excuse of a character to the fray other than for us to randomly hate.

I couldn't agree with you more Terra - well put. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

and to Kagari I was just saying that I never heard of the manga-ka having much to do with the anime, yes I have heard of times where they got to be part of choosing the voice actors but most of the time, especially if you read the side notes that they put in their manga, they tend to be just like us viewers, wondering what would happen next. I know I have read a number of manga-ka sidenotes where they say their manga is an anime and they are excited to see how the anime will go (as in they have no controll) Also there are things like Kenshin final OVA. Watsuki didn't have anything to do with that. I also read a comment he made about it saying how he didn't exactly like it because it had a sad ending and he dosn't like it. So from the things I have noticed, the manga-ka dosn't have a big role with the anime, is what I meant ^^;

and to Every1_own.. um plenty of other characters have shown their emotions, most of the characters are actually they are always showing different type of emotions, since emotion can be sadness, anger, jealousy, bitterness, hatred, etc. And as for the emotion of sadness, sakura isn't the only one who has cried. I know Naruto has, Sasuke when he was young, Tsunade, Gaara, Rock Lee number of characters have been shown crying.

and umm the one who fights the MOST to protect Sakura is NARUTO and half of the time she dosn't acknowlege it or tought Sasuke did, though good she did finally get it later on, Sasuke isn't really fighting to protect Sakura, as we all know Sasuke fights to get stronger to take revenge. Not like Sasuke 'protects' her as in he cares for her more than just a partner. And when you said it was normal to like someone for that, yes it it was someone who tries to protect you and showes interest such as: Tamahome , Inuyasha, Kenshin...not someone like Sasuke and besides she didn't like him for any reason like that only because he was this 'ohh he's so handsome and cool" -_-

as for the people saying things you don't like to hear...well, believe me, people have been saying those things for a long time and seems they won't stop, since that's their view on Sakura i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif guess you just have to ignore those types of comments.

Mut
Mon, 12-06-2004, 10:50 PM
look at all you people putting in more than 2 seconds of thought or more than a couple of sentences. too funny.

response to below:
i was talking about how people are going overboard with love/hate/romance garbage between anime characters...

Kagari
Tue, 12-07-2004, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
look at all you people putting in more than 2 seconds of thought or more than a couple of sentences. too funny.

http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=13338&enterthread =y

...ahem....

kAi
Tue, 12-07-2004, 09:39 AM
ummm but i highly doubt mut put all that in, that's a copy paste job.

DeathscytheVII
Wed, 12-08-2004, 02:25 PM
True but it must've taken more than 2 seconds i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif shame on you!

CapsuleCorpJX
Sat, 12-11-2004, 11:07 AM
What makes me angry is that Kishmoto doesn't develope Sakura's char before suddenly

Don't use spoilers in this section, even if labeled. Thanks.

The Cursed Kyubi
Sat, 12-11-2004, 10:07 PM
i think sakura is a great character.. mindless fighting entertainment would be stupid.. someone needs to bring the emotional scenes... i only hate how she is on sasuke's cock

animefreak
Sat, 12-11-2004, 11:01 PM
same here.

Goingin
Sun, 12-12-2004, 06:33 AM
If only they would let her show her strength more

We got a pretty good impression of it on the boat some eps ago

kAi
Sun, 12-12-2004, 08:14 AM
i don't think those eps are valid, imo.

i don't think that is her strength until i see it done again, when it is done by the kishimoto.

kyubisrage
Fri, 12-24-2004, 07:40 PM

GODDAMNIT

I cannot agree more terra, Well done. Also about her abusrb strength in the filler i dont think that counts.

The Cursed Kyubi
Fri, 12-24-2004, 10:31 PM
If people going to criticize Sakura for being an emotional character obsessed with a boy for no apparent reason, then you might as well laugh at Neji's face for thinking everything is pre-determined. He is also just as shallow of a character as Sakura, but since he " kicks so much ass ", he is accepted as a " good character ". I would like someone to explain what a " good charater " is. Laugh in Sasuke's face for wanting to waste his life only for revenge, that's not normal either.

Sakura brings a sense of reality to the table, something called emotion. Someone has to show it because most of the other characters are a bunch of ass kicking, raping bad asses, whom only worry about fighting and getting stronger. Without good there isn't evil. If it wasn't for Sakura, people wouldn't sympathize with Naruto for treating her so good and getting nothing in return. Sasuke would also not look as bad ass. Each character brings out something in another.

Once again, I think Sakura is a great character. I also agree she takes it overboard sometimes and is a little too obsessed. She should play the field lol, but she is not a " a rotting piece of shit who should burn in hell or the start of the decay of the human race " or any other insult people can think of without providing any valid reason for it.

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 12-24-2004, 11:43 PM
I think there have been valid reasons presented earlier on why Sakura is a useless character, it's already been said. And as for your comment on the other characters being "bad asses" and "ass kicking" , well, this is an anime about ninja and it's action, so of course we want to see some "ass kicking" rather then a girl obsessed over someone like Sakura is. And like I said before, other character bring in "emotions" and other dementions to the anime

Assertn
Sat, 12-25-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by: The Cursed Kyubi
If people going to criticize Sakura for being an emotional character obsessed with a boy for no apparent reason, then you might as well laugh at Neji's face for thinking everything is pre-determined. He is also just as shallow of a character as Sakura, but since he " kicks so much ass ", he is accepted as a " good character ". I would like someone to explain what a " good charater " is. Laugh in Sasuke's face for wanting to waste his life only for revenge, that's not normal either.

not really.....
there's a difference between having a rational belief and having an obsession

Niosen
Sat, 12-25-2004, 07:14 PM
I don't hate her but she is useless in the world of ninjas.

The Cursed Kyubi
Sat, 12-25-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by: ShinobiNeko
this is an anime about ninja and it's action, so of course we want to see some "ass kicking" rather then a girl obsessed over someone like Sakura is. And like I said before, other character bring in "emotions" and other dementions to the anime

lol... same reason as everyone else presented... "obsession over a boy". If everyone loves " ass kicking " so much, why doesn't anyone make a mindless fighting anime that its all FIGHTING the whole 20 MINUTES. Im so sure it will be a success.

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 12-25-2004, 11:00 PM
I didn't say it's just to watch for the "ass kicking" but it is an integral part of the anime that people want to see, I mean which episodes and parts to people get the most exiceted about usually and want to see? It sure as heck isn't Sakura scenes. And there are other elements to the anime that people watch for in Naruto, just saying Sakura isn't as big of a part to many people as you think. And as for the reasons it wasn't just "obsession over a boy" though that is one of the biggest ones that makes her a lackluster character, plus, though I don't know which thread it was because it was a while ago, Sakura was discussed and many other reasons were brought up as to why.

And I think that most of the other character are more interesting and believable then Sakura and contribute a lot of emotional scenes. And you brought up Neji as a negative, but I would refute that, because Neji has a REASONABLE reason for why he thought how he thought. He struggled through his like with something that shaped his views, which makes him more realistic of a character, and the fact that he grew as a character to get over that. We really don't see that with Sakura, and her reasonings for what she does is not reasonable at all, as Assertn pointed out "there's a difference between having a rational belief and having an obsession".

Going back to the "reasons" besides the obsession which is overboard, she has no determination, yes, people can say she said she would get stronger for the two, but she did NOTHING, she dosn't seem to understand anything about shinobi or determination because she couldn't understand why Rock Lee and others worked so hard (duh) She's very clueless, and her only role seems to be the smart one, and yet it hasn't done very much for the group, and as for Genjutsu, Sasuke has done more than her on that and detected it. Clueless and bit coldhearted with Ino in the fact that she dumped the only person who would be her friend just because they liked the same guy, and though Ino still inside cares for her and it's obvious she only obsesses over Sasuke because of Sakura, she doesn't even see that. She knows nothing about Sasuke and says insulting or contradicting stuff to him. She's weak, the weakest genin and really has no talent that helps the group since she is weak and can't fight. I mean she couldn't block a KUNAI..-_- . Also Lazy because we NEVER saw her training by herself, while we've seen even Chouji train, never Sakura.

Think those are valid enough and more than just being an obsessive person.

Puppeteer_Elly
Sat, 01-01-2005, 03:30 PM
I understand how you guys are feeling. I too wish we could yank Sakura out of the anime, make her into an American girl and stick her back in. I too wish something as cool as Naruto could be written for our culture, and setup to appeal to people like us.

In Sakura's case, she is what she should be. The ideal perfect Japanese girl who stands by her man no matter how he abuses her. In anime written by the Japanese male, she's the girl who wins the hero in the end. Not only that, but she's the girl who's most worthy of the hero because she's so Japanese.

Poor Sakura doesn't realize who the hero is yet, but she'll come round. Don't worry. Why, she's already seemed to overcome the inner-sakura thing that was in her way of being perfect.

But before you brow-beat the author too much, consider his audience. It's not you and I! The Japanese want to push their young men toward the more traditional Japanese women, and they want to encourage the young women to act that way to get her man.

We do it too. Why do you think we have eating disorders? Plastic Surgery? Steroids? We push our young people in directions too.

The Japanese feminist movement is pretty far behind us. I've seen some of the ugliest male teachers come to Japan and get married so quick because he's willing to do the dishes every second Tuesday. Japanese women see American men as a step up--even the lazy ones. I've also seen female teachers leave Japan, because she can't even get a one-night stand let alone a date.

Yes, Sakura is disappointing...but only to us. Only in English speaking culture is she wrong and a let-down.

Allow me to point out one more thing, even though the new hokkage is a female notice--she never got married, heck the one guy she digged was in her youth so she's spent what...30 years alone? Her old teammates treat her like a man too no matter how big her boobs are. The message is clear either you become a shinobi and be alone or you become a wife and be happy. There are lots of female chonin running around the village too, have you seen a single one of them with a husband or family?

Elly

RasenDori
Sat, 01-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by: The Cursed Kyubi

wtf? neji is a much better character then sakura for the following reasons:

1) he has plenty of background that descirbes reason that he feels that destiny cannot be change. sakura has absolutely no reason why she likes sasuke beyond he so cool and good looking. even hinata has a valid reason for her crush

2) he dosent remain the same the entire story. after his fight with naruto and the conversation with his uncle neji had a drastic change in character. sakura has been the same since the beginning of this story. sure she changed a bit to defend naruto and sasuke in the forest, and when she fought ino, but right afterwards she went right back to being the lame sakura everyone hates, so she has had absolutely no growth as a character. she is just an immature brat that thinks shes better then naruto, which is clearly false.

3)neji is a character with a diffinate history. we know all there is to know about what shaped neji into what he is today. there are so many things that we are clueless about with sakura. why did she decide to become a ninja? is she part of a clan? if so... why havent he ever heard of any ninja from her clan? or is she just some random girl that decided one day she would become a shinobi for the hell of it, and just so happens to have excellent chakra control?

Xollence
Sat, 01-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by: RasenDori

is she part of a clan? if so... why havent he ever heard of any ninja from her clan? or is she just some random girl that decided one day she would become a shinobi for the hell of it, and just so happens to have excellent chakra control?

Well we've seen her dad fight during the Konoha attack.

chambers
Sat, 01-01-2005, 05:06 PM
we did??? i saw i-no's dad but i dont remeber sakuras.

animefreak
Sat, 01-01-2005, 05:51 PM
i don't remember seeing Sakura or Ino's dad.

Xollence
Sat, 01-01-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by: chambers
we did??? i saw i-no's dad but i dont remeber sakuras.

Ahhh you're right, I got them mixed up.

miaka
Wed, 01-05-2005, 11:21 PM
puppeteer elly..

okay first of all.. you are sterotyping japanese women.. come on.. ppl are different.. okay? and duh.. tsunade did have a bf.. who died.. and she got depressed which is why she never got married.. please stop with your illogical so called explanations.

uh.. and how do you know that sakura is only hated in US? did you go to non english coutries and made a survey?.. then i would liek to see how many you did.. untill you do.. please refrain from saying such a illogical statement..

now you said "The ideal perfect Japanese girl who stands by her man no matter how he abuses her"-> that is a very very old old statement. now not much girls would do that... and things are changing.. and what do you mean by that's ideal perfect japanese girl? have you surveyed japanese men to know? how do you know?

now please.. stop with " oh.. we are english speaking country ppl so can't understand" illogical logic