PDA

View Full Version : Anime has done it again?

jing
Wed, 12-01-2004, 04:20 PM
Since when did Rock Lee's operation became a success BEFORE they left for mission. In my opinion, it is going to spoil the surprise when Rock Lee kicks Kimimaro in the face. Like last time they had Sasuke get out of hospital before the Naruto and Sasuke fight. Consequently, a new saga took place and the Sasuke Naruto fight was delayed. What are they going to do this time? A little side quest for Rock Lee's recovery process? BULL SHIT. Don't tell me the medicine that Tsunade gave Rock Lee was alcohol, because it clearly says herbs on the bottle. Don't tell me that he is going to have another herbal bottle that is going to have alcohol in it. I just hate it when anime tweaks with these little things and then will become big later on. WELL I DONT KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THIS...

Death BOO Z
Wed, 12-01-2004, 05:11 PM
well, it's better to spoil the suprise than to make a plothole with the 'super long rehabilitation' speach...

nevertheless, the anime does suck in comparison, but i can't blame them, the whole chase Sasuke arc was stupid.

oscar
Wed, 12-01-2004, 05:36 PM
Sasuke-gay suxs im just glad they took him out of the series, i would have prefered tat they woulda killed him but it didnt happen

Mut
Wed, 12-01-2004, 05:45 PM
i hate rock lee even more now.

Raven
Wed, 12-01-2004, 06:03 PM
Things from now on will probably progress exactly like they did in the manga, and Lee will return in the same way, without any more hidden little nasty twists like this one. A lot of the surprise factor will be lost but the return will still make as little/much sense as it did in the manga, so it's not that big a deal. I'm kinda used to the anime stuffing us around like this.

Knives122
Wed, 12-01-2004, 06:18 PM
Them doing something like this was just some little failed attempt that was suppose to make all the stupid people who like lee know whats going on with him, even though we didnt really need(have to have) this to know

Assertn
Wed, 12-01-2004, 06:49 PM
actually i think lee's sudden unexpected recovery in the manga made more sense than what they're doing in the anime

in the anime they're showing lee all fragile after the operation, making it his goal to climb a bunch of stairs on his own.
Are we supposed to believe that later on that same day he's gonna end up way out in the forest fighting kimimaro?

Cyrano
Wed, 12-01-2004, 06:59 PM
The problem is that Tsunade said the operation required a period of rehabilitation.... at least, he has a short one now. And maybe the bottle of medicine she gave him in ep. 110-111 is super effective...

Jman
Thu, 12-02-2004, 12:20 AM
aw well, there goes the drunken boxing suprise comeback.
Hope they don't add in completely new parts to mess things up later on in the arc.

kAi
Thu, 12-02-2004, 02:29 AM
another reason why the manga is better than the anime.
let us hope they don't stuff anything more up.

Crows_Kill
Thu, 12-02-2004, 05:18 PM
I think the whole reason they showd the after effects of the operation before they left was to show tsunade giving lee the medicine bottle that looks suspicoously like a sake bottle, so as not to conuse the anime watchers latter when lee grabs the wrong bottle by mistake.
The whole drunken boxing thing, even though I loved it, had a realy "pulling it out of his ass" feel to it. It wsa never mentiioned before, and disapeered right afterwords.
The scene from the manga just felt like it was being made up as he wrote it with no real though to how it fit in with the rest of the plot. Reminded me of the whole prequal thing from star wars- arkward, out of sync with the established time line, and contadictory to other story elements.
My $.02.

Deblas
Sat, 12-04-2004, 07:55 PM
well what can you do. its sucks yes but theres nothing we can do about it

samsonlonghair
Sat, 12-04-2004, 09:15 PM
The anime producers probably thought that they needed to show Rock Lee already out of surgery to explain what was going on during that made-up story arch they just finished. If there was a whole mission's worth a time, there's no reason for Lee to not have had his surgery.