PDA

View Full Version : Episode 7 discussion

Assassin
Sun, 11-28-2004, 10:11 PM
sub's out by Seed fansubs at animesuki

dammit theres onyl 1 seed rite now :< super slow dl

Board of Command
Sun, 11-28-2004, 11:14 PM
Haha I was one of the first 40 people done.

It was a pretty disappointing episode. It had no action at all, and the talks weren't going anywhere far. The main things that happen are:

-Minerva blows Junius 7 up, but it shatters into thousands of pieces and those fragments hit Earth hard
-there's a new "mystery woman" introduced and she's connected to Dulindal
-Jibril is evil and plans to destroy PLANT
-Athrun gets closer to Lunamaria and farther from Cagalli
-Kira and Lacus are still useless

Oh and I thought the fragments hitting Earth part was pretty unrealistic. I mean, there's simply no way for objects travelling at that speed to have the same impact power as large meteorites. Plus, they seem to blow up like bombs when they hit. I think the producers went a bit far with this idea.

Assassin
Mon, 11-29-2004, 12:19 AM
*sigh*

just cuz theres no action, doesnt' mean its a bad episode. i personally loved it. it was a nice break from teh constant fightign of the past few eps.

the best part in my opinion was when athuran is sharp shooting, and everyone else is amazed at his crazy skills....u know ray is jealous of athuran, u could see it on his face.

as for the explosiosn, its not unrealistic at all.....somethign that heavy, travellign that fast, and falling from that height will cause that much devestation.....its simple physics. E = K + Ug + Uo, where E is total energy, K is kenitic energy, Ug is gravatational potential energy, and Uo is any other potential energy (like flammable materials or whatever, on the colony).

i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif sorry, just felt sort of nerd-ish rite now.....but ya, the shockwave from something that heavy falling from orbit would destroy quite a bit of the landscape...notice though how entire cities were not destroyed, just selected areas, whereas a meteor would pretty much annihilate all life on the planet

aaannnywhoo.......good ep over all. cam't wait for kira to get off his lazy ass and do something....oh, and ya, who's that women? i get the wierd feeling its the captain from the archangel. dunno y

Alu
Mon, 11-29-2004, 01:04 AM
I think the part with Lacus singing her song during the destruction. Best part of the series so far IMHO. I want that song if anyone can find the full mp3.

Assassin
Mon, 11-29-2004, 08:44 AM
ok this is scaring me.....neither PSJ, Guardian, or terra have posted about how muh they loved/hated the ep.....and its already been a day!!!!!

THE END IS NEAR!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Terracosmo
Mon, 11-29-2004, 02:01 PM
I've been busy and couldn't download a raw, however here follows the obligatory fanboy post.

First off, Board of Command sucks. So what if there was no action. Several plot threads were revealed such as more about why the Junius 7 drop actually happened... and lots of character development. Plus some really funny dialogue (such as when Shinn suggested what Athrun should say or when that random guy said "Oh no, again!" when Shinn was about to have another of his awesome verbal beatdowns on Kagari). God I love Shinn, he's quickly becoming my favorite Gundam main character and at this pace he might turn out to be the pissiest one as well. He sure can prove what an idiot Kagari is. I also liked how Lacus still does her random singing and the new song is quite nice after hearing it a few times. I liked the target practice at the end, I'm a fan of those things... just showing what the crew does in their spare time.

Oh and unfortunately for the anti-Shinn people (I'm looking at you PSJ) he ended up saving Athrun, not the other way around. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

BEST SHOW EVER!

Goingin
Mon, 11-29-2004, 02:13 PM
That's only a matter of the person with the strongest machine.. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
IMHO i think Shinn is a bit selfish, he acts like he's the only one who suffered
(That opinion got a bit countered by the fact that he has sympathy with Athrun)

Until now i think all the characters in Destiny are cool, they all have their own experiences with their past which makes em great individuals
Can't wait to see em all find out about each others pasts i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Oh yeah, the new song by Lacus........ DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN IT'S GOOD!!
Got the goosebumps when i heard it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terracosmo
Mon, 11-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Maybe. But Shinn still saved Athrun despite the fact that Athrun thought Impulse couldn't do it.

Shinn? Selfish? The only person he "acts like he's the only one who suffered" around is Kagari, because she keeps coming with stupid statements. As far as I can see he is friendly to everybody else as well as understanding, because what he says to Kagari is about the suffering of the people down on Earth and he had sympathy with Athrun etc. So I don't know where you get that impression.

Face it, Shinn owns you.

Oh and looks like there will be some new characters next week.

Guardian_2000
Mon, 11-29-2004, 06:34 PM
Sorry was gonna wait till the fansub then got held after work. I watched the raw early saturday morning. For those of you wondering that mystery girl is mostly the Lacus clone/impersonator. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif I mentioned there are two of her in the ending remember. In the shiloutte you can see her hair piece. Atleast thats my big theory that I shall stick with. I really like what this ep gives us besides Shinn saving Athrun which I noticed kept PSJ quiet i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif. Athrun does some owning in the target arena.

The chaos that Junius Seven leaves and the destruction is gonna be quiet awesome. I hope to see some mobile suit battles in wrecked cities. I loved that battle in 8th MS team versus the Norris's custom Gouf. But anyways overall a good ep. They've got to have a few for plot and character development. SEED-Fansubs does it again with a really good translation from what I can interpret. Waiting to watch the ANBU one

XwingRob
Mon, 11-29-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
Sorry was gonna wait till the fansub then got held after work. I watched the raw early saturday morning. For those of you wondering that mystery girl is mostly the Lacus clone/impersonator.

Yeah, and I think that is the one we saw Athrun protecting in the intro.

kyubisrage
Mon, 11-29-2004, 08:25 PM
I think shes a lacus too. Because Plant need a Female idol like luc was during the old plant. Since luc is a coordinator they prob have her dna and cloned her. I dont think anyone knows where the other luc is (real one) But thats my guess.

Goingin
Tue, 11-30-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Face it, Shinn owns you.

Nobody owns me i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I just think he overreacts towards Kagari (wasn't it Cagalli btw?)
To say it short, he blames her for the death of his parents and sister while it wasn't even her or her fathers fault...
They just got caught in the crossfire when Orb got attacked

Ah well... sometimes u need someone to blame everything on i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

(I'm not saying Shinn sucks ass, i like all the characters in GSD because their personality's make the serie one of a kind. Just trying to counter your "Shinn owns" thing i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif)

Terracosmo
Tue, 11-30-2004, 11:20 AM
He's not blaming Kagari. He's just making her shut up when she tries to act like she knows shit. He'd do the same if someone else said as stupid things.

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 11-30-2004, 12:20 PM
Actually, Shinn is a "poofter" who doesn't know shit about the world or about fighting, he's a selfish little bitch who keeps on whining about his suffer and pain and is too blind to realize that Cagalli has gone through hell of a lot more battles and pain than he has.

She knows a whole lot more than he thinks, just as Athrun told that girl whatever her name is :S

Anyway, it was an awesome ep, just love Lacus singing, it is sweet. Naturally Athrun would be saved by Shinn, Shinn had a Gundam whilst Athrun had one of those other units who can't take shit and doesn't even have shape-shift armor. If it would have been Athrun in the Gundam, not only would have have saved Shinn, he would also have blown Junius 7 into oblivion...

So that's how it is...

Love to see Kira talking with Athrun in ep 8, Wonder what they will be talking about, hope it is Kira saying that he will help out ending the upcoming war or something i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

PSJ
Tue, 11-30-2004, 12:44 PM
terra i started liking shinn after this ep. this time kagari's stupid-ness got to new heights, i mean the former stuff she siad was tolerable because she said things like that through out all of seed so you kinda got used to it but this time she just said to much stupid stuff. and shin critizising(sp?) asuran was a nice touch to all of it. now to the coolest guy this far in the show asurans target practice was awesome hitting bulls eye evreytime, you could see how envyious rey was i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif and his comment afterwards "well talents like this wont do you much good anyway" and lunamaria "you can protect your friends from the enemy" arusans reply was just awesome with that evil eye glaring thing "what enemy" or somewthing like that. just awesome. to the scenes with the debris blowing up various places on earth was really nice it gave me chills and when they added lacus singing it was just unbelievble. btw am i the only one that thinks jibril is awesome? he knows exactly how to play his cards i love that guy. letting junius 7 fall just so he can frame the oordinators for it he really do love his job or mission or whatever you would all it. how can you not admire such passion? lastly my guess is that both asuran and kira thinks about the coming war and if and how they will try to stop it, their troubled faces and all ending the ep. this ep was the best so far.

Terracosmo
Tue, 11-30-2004, 02:41 PM
Ikari: So what if Kagari knows more? She says stupid things. Perhaps if she actually started acting like someone who knew war she'd earn Shinn's respect. And as you can see, Kagari gets stunned every time meaning that Shinn has a point. So what if he "whines"? He has the right to. Damn. People...

As far as Jibril goes, PSJ, he's the coolest anime racist so far. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Munsu
Tue, 11-30-2004, 02:48 PM
I dont like how Destiny is turning one of the toughest characters in Seed into a meer pile of shit....

Cagalli should be able to defend herself better and put a sock on Shinn's mouth...

No one in that ship knows what Cagalli is all about and all treat her like an ignorant fool... but I'm sure that she is holding back because if she threw everything she had in her mind she would leave Shinn shitting in his pants....

We all know that it is a matter of time until Luna Maria seduces Athrun... now will he fall for it...

and god damnit Kira.... get your ass a mobile suit and do something

Terracosmo
Tue, 11-30-2004, 02:57 PM
Maybe because she ACTS like an ignorant fool. Damn people, why are you defending her so much?
Sure she was in Seed... but she had a pink damn mobile suit (can you say Spice Girls?) and didn't really do much of importance that other characters didn't do better. Yeah she was a captain, but how well did she perform as one? Far from being my favorite character. She better be more useful in Destiny.

Munsu
Tue, 11-30-2004, 03:10 PM
Don't you think it takes guts for a little girl to take a renegade force to try and stop the war? I think that's far from being useless... at least she was trying to do something....

And so far, what has made her look like an ignorant was not believing that mobile suits were still necessary...

But in episode 7... tell me... what did she say that was absolutely ignorant??? Huh... absolutely nothing....

In fact she was supporting Athrun for going out and trying to stop Junius 7... and she was being thankful to him for minimizing the damage of what Junius 7 could have actually done...

So... tell me... what is it so bad of her to tell her husband "thanks for helping" instead of going over and ranting on how "you are useless and should have never gone out on the first place"

She did nothing wrong on episode 7... Shinn is just in a state of paranoia

Goingin
Tue, 11-30-2004, 04:19 PM
Okay, i say we cut Cagalli out of the serie, and then what?
Shinn will be a pussy because he has no one to bash

It's like Flley in Seed, u hate her but the serie needs her, they all play their part in the story

Like the whole package or don't watch..

Terracosmo
Tue, 11-30-2004, 04:20 PM
Shinn has a personal grudge against Kagari, which might not be too admirable since I doubt (and I don't really think Shinn believes so either) that Kagari wanted anyone to die. Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that Kagari acts like nothing is too much of a deal and in fact she complains a lot more than Shinn does (about ZAFT having weapons etc etc). If Kagari only started acting like a veteran or at least saying to Shinn that it wasn't her intent for any of the shit to happen, perhaps Shinn wouldn't complain so much. Until then, I don't pity Kagari at all. Shinn is right. Athla sugercoated everything, people died. He has the right to complain.

Edit: I don't want Kagari to be removed from the series. I just don't understand why people complain about Shinn's treating of her so much. I mean, imagine Shinn's damn situation.

And he's hardly just a kid with a paranoia problem, he is the pilot of the Impulse for a reason being that he is a good pilot and a reliable person. But in reflection to what people here seem to think, being a great pilot seems to reduce a person's every right to bash others for saying naive things.

Munsu
Tue, 11-30-2004, 04:24 PM
True... but the keyword in your post is "grudge"....

Some of the crew where talking of how good the weather is and talking as if nothing happened... did Shinn explode on them like he did on Cagalli? I dont think so... which makes him a hypocrite

Edit:

And I'm not complaining that Shinn is giving her a hard time... I'm complaining that DESTINY is taking Cagalli out of character for not fighting back since in Seed she was always quick to the punch and always had backup for what she was saying... in here she just keeps her mouth shut...

But Shinn can complain all he wants... he talks about not understanding... when he doesnt understand Cagalli's position either..

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 11-30-2004, 05:22 PM
Yeah, why is that? Cagalli always made a good point in SEED, sure, a bit ignorant, but always with a good motive and a gun or word to back it up.

I have something personal against Shinn and I like Cagalli, so until he starts respecting her, he is gonna get bashed in my head.

Munsu
Tue, 11-30-2004, 05:35 PM
Ayways...

About the Chief or whatever his position is... the highest in command aboard the Minerva.... for some reason the girl in his office resembled Lacus (the hair at least)... i know it is far fetched and so on (since she is on the island with Kira)... but it sure looked like her

PSJ
Tue, 11-30-2004, 05:36 PM
hmm as much as i disliked shinn in the begining for every god damn thing he said he seems to have toned it down and this time it was needed kagari went higher than normal in all her stupid comments. and its not fair to call shinn a hypocrite im sure every person in the world dislikes certain ppl not because they are bad or say bad things or anyhting like that but just dislikes them thats quite common in my opinion. and in a great series like this i wold like to focus on the positive things rather than the negative ones. is it only me who loves jibril?

oh btw where did it say that kagari and asuran are married? asuran is simply her body guard. and as for kira i think he will be in freedom before ep 12 it feels that way. he looks so sad when he sits around with those god damn kids, you can see it on his face "what the hell am i doing, i should just give these kids the finger and go find freedom..." oh well i just want to see some more ownage sadly most of the ownage will be done by shinn in the near future.

Munsu
Tue, 11-30-2004, 05:40 PM
Yeah that's true... for some reason i assumed they were married... but yeah they probably aren't... but they are clearly a couple so the relationship of support is the same...

Anyways... for the coment i made on Lacus... was she known to play chess on SEED? i dont remember well...

I'm talking about the scene in 10:30 - 10:46

Board of Command
Tue, 11-30-2004, 06:05 PM
About the Lacus theory. Maybe it's the over way around. Maybe the office Lacus is the real Lacus and the Lacus with Kira is a clone. Maybe the real Lacus was hiding the entire time after her father died. Lacus might be the real mastermind along with Dilbert behind the Junius 7 dropping.

Aeon
Tue, 11-30-2004, 08:00 PM
Watched the ep, was great without action. Was nice they gave a shout out to Phillyi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif too bad we were blown up i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

Knives122
Wed, 12-01-2004, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
About the Lacus theory. Maybe it's the over way around. Maybe the office Lacus is the real Lacus and the Lacus with Kira is a clone. Maybe the real Lacus was hiding the entire time after her father died. Lacus might be the real mastermind along with Dilbert behind the Junius 7 dropping.

probably not, why would the fake one be with Kira(even if it is somewhat of a nice twist). that meteor shower was insane too, I actually liked it with that song. But for me it doesnt really matter which is which,

Shinn IMO is really corny oh you should say this(corny) him trying to get under everyones skin is really annoying also(I still like him but he can be a nuisance at times)

G_Spot
Wed, 12-01-2004, 03:14 PM
i didnt reeally enjoy this episode it was good but no action at all and i wanted to see more of kira and i was hoping junius 7 wasnt destroyed and kira had to hope into freedom to save earth or somthing happans to asuran and kira has to pull something out of his sleeve to save his childhood friend and grr i hate shinn he is the dummnbest character ever alwayz crying and screaming and blha blah blah i hope the next episode is better than this one because i can tell you it wasnt my 1 week wait

miaka
Wed, 12-01-2004, 06:08 PM
^_^ i loved this episode.. loved the part where asuran showed his shooting skills.. and his evil eye..

and as for kagari and shin... i understand both side.... i

and i agree with everyone that said.. kira and asuran need a GUNDAM and fight... T_T no mobile suit.. no no no...

make one or steal the gundams back.. whatever it takes to get kira and asuran some kewl gundams to pilot..

ShinobiNeko
Wed, 12-01-2004, 11:37 PM
have to agree with those that say that kira should go and do something-.-, hopefully one of these episodes he will.

overall, good episode ^^ and glad people like Terra and others were so excited about this show starting which lead me to try it out...i/expressions/present.gif to you guys

Munsu
Wed, 12-01-2004, 11:43 PM
are you watching this without watching SEED?

ShinobiNeko
Wed, 12-01-2004, 11:46 PM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif Yea..but I still follow what's going on ^_^...over winter break will watch seed when i have time.

Edit: thanks for the info Bud... searched around and so far found 1st special at #gundamseed, plus can dl the series there i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

Munsu
Wed, 12-01-2004, 11:51 PM
you can download the anime-kraze specials to get like a recap.... where are those... i dont know...

Guardian_2000
Thu, 12-02-2004, 12:57 AM
As far as I have heard. Cagalli and Athrun are just an item. They aren't engaged or married same goes for Kira and Lacus.

As for axing Cagalli. Well Athrun wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her so lets leave her in here. Also she helped negotiate the peace talks between Zaft and Earth. She can't be too ignorant if she is the leader of Orb right? I can only wonder if its in Orb where the Savior Gundam will be introduced. Although officially its said to be a Zaft suit are they hiding it on Minerva. I keep hearing Orb when ppl talk about it. Anyways I look forward to the reunion of Athrun and Kira. And hope they get Kira in a mobile suit again soon. They are gonna need him when those Windams start getting produced.

To note people call shinn a whiner and a cry baby. When has he done this beside voice his dislike and view on Cagalli's statements? I don't see Cagalli as being ignorant either. They both have points being made and both have their personalities. Cagalli just gets thrown back abit I think.

PSJ
Thu, 12-02-2004, 12:27 PM
shinn isnt a whiner if you hate shinn you wanted to kill kira in the begining of seed right? now he was a whiner. cried all the time and shit. what i miss in the newer gundam shows are how the superiors dont phycially(sp?) abuse their subordinates like they did in the older shows when they do something bad. like "hmm i think i gotta teach you something WITH MY FIST!!!" *SMACK* why not more of that? i mean mwu could have beaten kira up when he was crying about not being a pilot and shit.

fremeer
Sat, 12-04-2004, 06:36 AM
maybe cagalli cant do anything cause she is a foreign diplomat???
shinn is also a pretty lousy pilot, compared to the seed characters he is sub par in combat and tech, also why didnt athrun activate berserk?

Munsu
Sat, 12-04-2004, 07:04 AM
probably because he forgot where he put the "berserk botton"

Aeon
Sat, 12-04-2004, 09:50 AM
There wasn't any reason for Athrun to go Seed mode.

Guardian_2000
Sat, 12-04-2004, 04:16 PM
If Shinn is such a crappy MS pilot why does he do so well against three gundams? He seems to know what he is doing. Just there are occassions where his rookie status shows.

Terracosmo
Mon, 12-06-2004, 08:05 AM
I just have 2 things to say.

1. Shinn rocks
2. My internet is dead so I'll barely be online for a week or so.. enjoy GSD 8

NomoZ
Mon, 12-06-2004, 09:10 PM
My favourite part was when the chairman said Quebec got hit. Man I laughed sooo hard.

DeathscytheVII
Mon, 12-06-2004, 09:33 PM
awesome episode, the part with Lacus singing while the fragments fall must rank as one of my fav moments in anime. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

muhaha quebec got flattened.