PDA

View Full Version : I'm screwed!

InnerSakuraChan
Fri, 11-26-2004, 05:32 PM
the university I am at caps the amount of bandwidth alloted to P2P devices. how? they limit the ports that are typically used.
The only good thing is that there is a university IP only DC hub - and there is a fair amount of older stuff on there.
but, i still need my fansub fix.

So, basicly, Bittorent goes really, really slowly. and it takes 3 days to download a NEW naruto ep.
any ideas on how to get around this?

I am dying here.
I am so behind on my anime that its killing me.

Munsu
Fri, 11-26-2004, 06:32 PM
there is only one solution for you... learn how to use IRC... im 100% sure that it will not be affected by whatever your school is doing to you...

At my college i cant use any p3p including bittorrent so I can only get my stuff through irc...

Assertn
Fri, 11-26-2004, 09:49 PM
another option is to take a laptop to an academic building and see if their network there is unrestricted i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Xollence
Mon, 11-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Hehe yeah I have the same problem, but like Bud said, you should be able to download from IRC. It's not too hard to learn, there's a lot of tutorials out there. Download mIRC and click on the room you want to enter here: http://www.xenogenesis.com/browse/computers/software/mirc/channels/fansubs/