PDA

View Full Version : Manga over Anime

nests
Thu, 11-25-2004, 04:10 PM
I have read a lot of manga and watch a lot of anime only to be disapointed when it ends.

What anime have guys been dissapointed by? it seem like towards the end a lot of them are rushed out.
The latest example has to be Tenjou Tenge wich was horrible at the end.
Now I like that some anime changes things a bit from manga but I think most of us like to see what we read in real motion.

Now what I want to know is wich manga do you think is better then anime and wich anime do you think is better than the manga.
For example:
I happend to like Chobits the anime better than the manga. The manga gets to romantic at times while the anime is funnier.
On the other hand I like GTO the manga better then the anime because it has a lot more detail and has more stuff happening and they also rushed the ending on the anime.

kAi
Fri, 11-26-2004, 02:03 AM
Berserk Manga is the best manga there is and pwns the anime.
and i would agree with you on the chobits comment.
when i think of others i will put them in.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 11-26-2004, 05:20 AM
99% of the manga i read is better then the anime of several reasons,like better art,not censured like the anime version,straight to point while animes use tv tricks to make it more exiteing and longer and that usaully make it worse.

These mangas are better than the anime versions:

Berserk
Hunter X Hunter
GTO
Naruto
One Piece
Beck
Gantz
Hellsing
Midori No Hibi

these are my favs mangas who clearly better the anime versions.

The only anime i think its better than the manga version is Initial D cause the car races looks better in anime.

Mut
Fri, 11-26-2004, 05:24 AM
manga is always better... but then again... i'd take cowboy bebop (the anime, i heard there was manga also) over anything anyday...

Lefty
Fri, 11-26-2004, 05:27 AM
The Bebop manga dosn't follow the anime it's more like " here a few other adventures that happened between the other shit." But yeah 9 times out a 10 the manga is btter than the anime.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 11-26-2004, 05:36 AM
The nr reason i like mangas over anime is like HXH manga when Hisoka faught Kastro,it was the coolest fight but it wasnt even in the anime cause it was a bloody fight.

I hate when they censur.

PSJ
Fri, 11-26-2004, 10:36 AM
just like you guys said 9 times out of 10 manga is better. just to be a pain in the ass i have to comment on dragonball that manga went for the worse right after the frieza saga. the art started to decrease in quality so did the story. among other things. the main reason could have been that toriyama sort of lost the passion for the manga after freiza, he wanted it to end there but shonen jump and his assistant talked him into continueing....... the main reason for manga being better than anime is the animes tend to become child friendly in many cases, i mean what kind of person got a black surface where his arm just got cut off?

nests
Fri, 11-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Actually I happend to like animes like Naruto and DBZ a little better then the manga since you get to see the action in motion.

Also one of my favorite anime is Love Hina and it also happends to be probably my favorite manga.
This is the only manga that I just read over and over and still find it funny everytime I do. I probably have read every volume at least 5 times.i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

PSJ
Fri, 11-26-2004, 03:08 PM
love hina is one anime that is better than the manga, the manga is pure bullshit in my opinion its just annoying the anime was at least funny. the same goes for chobits even tho the anime was shit to it was 100 times better than the manga. i tend to dislike shows without story that tries to live on perverted humour.

Terracosmo
Fri, 11-26-2004, 04:48 PM
Excel Saga is much better as anime because it's just too hyper to read panel-by-panel.

Deblas
Fri, 11-26-2004, 08:03 PM
Id have to say that Anime is better when there is a lot of action like DBZ or Naruto cause you can see the movements and attacks and justus better than in the manga.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 11-26-2004, 08:23 PM
The only think anime has that are better than are the music. Like Naruto i havent watch the anime like ep 97 the only thing i miss is the great music. Same with Initial D the music is soo good that it makes fun to see the anime more than i enjoy the intial D who is still a great manga.

kAi
Sat, 11-27-2004, 02:05 AM
manga is usually always better.

i haven't read the excel saga manga, but i agree with terra.
to out of it and whacked, needs to be anime i think.

Swallow Your Soul
Sun, 11-28-2004, 02:49 AM
It depends...I prefer Ghost in the Shell anime over the manga just because I don't like the nature of the characters in the manga as much (probably cos I saw the anime first). I prefer the Gantz anime over the manga (yes I know that means I'm sick) because I think action works better on screen (at least for me) than by reading it and looking at still panels. Samurai Deeper Kyo was better as an anime as I don't remember there being any huge demons etc in the manga to the point I read, which is what I liked about the anime... Hellsing - i'm only two books into that but that seems pretty much the same for both. .hack//twilight was better as manga for me, same with pet shop of horrors, akira, battle angel alita and dominion. So I like them about 50/50 i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. Also series with sad parts to them, from what I've encountered don't work anywhere near as well in manga form...

I've not read the excel saga manga - might look for that once I watch eps 25 and 26 of the anime...

Hakeem_21
Sun, 11-28-2004, 05:53 AM
Gantz cant be good as anime cause they must censur the manga is so bloody and body parts everywhere. I got almost sick reading the begiining of Gantz but now that im in vol 7,im used to it.

I have read hellsing to vol 5 and the anime doesnt even have the same story,you will know what im talking about you have read to vol 5.

Swallow Your Soul
Sun, 11-28-2004, 01:14 PM
The uncensored version of the anime is still fairly bloody. Its just I generally (not always, but more often than not) prefer action to be animated, and I like the 3D stuff in Gantz as well. Yeah its pretty bloody but for me the gore is just a nice addition to the story and concept - I saw the anime before I read the manga and I enjoyed it enough to keep watching it without even knowing the gore...so the gore just makes it even better for me. Having just read Vol 14 of the manga I'd probably be more accurate saying I like the manga and anime as much as each other...I'm seriously liking it at the moment (I won't spoil but anyone who's read it will know what I mean).

I wanna try the Berserk manga but the torrent I tried wouldn't let me connect and I can't be arsed fucking about with ports again i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Edit - about Hellsing - thats a good thing then, it'll be better than just reading the same stuff as what is in the anime. Does the anime end at a certain point of the manga or does it just completely change direction at some point?

kAi
Sun, 11-28-2004, 03:06 PM
you should really get berserk, i think suprnova has the torrents, (if you didn't use those ones)
if you're having trouble with getting it on a torrent, try IRC.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 11-29-2004, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by: Swallow Your Soul
The uncensored version of the anime is still fairly bloody. Its just I generally (not always, but more often than not) prefer action to be animated, and I like the 3D stuff in Gantz as well. Yeah its pretty bloody but for me the gore is just a nice addition to the story and concept - I saw the anime before I read the manga and I enjoyed it enough to keep watching it without even knowing the gore...so the gore just makes it even better for me. Having just read Vol 14 of the manga I'd probably be more accurate saying I like the manga and anime as much as each other...I'm seriously liking it at the moment (I won't spoil but anyone who's read it will know what I mean).

I wanna try the Berserk manga but the torrent I tried wouldn't let me connect and I can't be arsed fucking about with ports again

Edit - about Hellsing - thats a good thing then, it'll be better than just reading the same stuff as what is in the anime. Does the anime end at a certain point of the manga or does it just completely change direction at some point?

It ends before even something happens. The first eps in the anime when they say what hellsing is and who alucard is in the manga but after 5,6 eps they shows things that is not in the manga.

Berserk is the shiti/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif you can find it torrents to all vol so far in a topic in anime downloads.

About GANTZ the gore is important cause the show is much about that room and "the game"

Swallow Your Soul
Tue, 11-30-2004, 08:39 PM
Hellsing - sounds good - more reason for me to read it that way, might read vol 3 once I've got all my work out of the way this week...

Berserk - Yeah, like I said though the torrent wouldn't work for me (suprnova didn't have it anymore when I tried it) and I really hate IRC...plus it would mean trying to remember how to download from someone which took ages for me to do last time, but its been a while so I can't even remember how to do that so I'd have to learn all over again...I'm a bit behind on manga (read like one vol in the last month) so I'll probably look for berserk later...

Gantz - yeah the gore is fairly important, but its not really all that crucial...I do like gore though so it does make it a hell of a lot better. But then I read the manga and watch the anime, so I get to see it anyway i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. I just find the anime more exciting, but the manga tends to leave me wanting to read more wheras with the anime I'm happy to just watch one ep...but they're both cool anyway i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif