PDA

View Full Version : Mr bug man - whats the craze?

Konohamaru
Thu, 11-25-2004, 11:33 AM
Ok, I've been to quite a few Naruto fan forums and whenever a topic about strong side characters come up. Shino gets mentioned. Everyone who like Shino act like he's some powerful ninja. How can ppl judge him from one fight in which he barely came out a alive from?!

He seems like a smart kid like Shika suring battle but he really hasn't shown or done anything to impress me yet alone get an idea on how strong he is. Heck he wasn't even in the team to fight the sound ninjas?!

Ur thoughts please, or enlighten me on an episode where he shows a lot of power?

Souryusen
Thu, 11-25-2004, 12:13 PM
He stands there silently and looks mysterious. That means he's powerul. DON'T YOU WATCH ANNIE-MAY!?!?

Kagari
Thu, 11-25-2004, 12:34 PM
Silent, Strong and Mysterious = always watching you = knows something you don't = powerful ninja who'd kick your ass. Also, he has alot of bugs. Many, Many bugs.

Aion
Thu, 11-25-2004, 01:32 PM
Mabye he should be called Microsoft instead than i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Mut
Thu, 11-25-2004, 04:40 PM
shino is one of the lamest characters ever. to me, he is ranked even lower than sakura.

Konohamaru
Thu, 11-25-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by: Kagari
Silent, Strong and Mysterious = always watching you = knows something you don't = powerful ninja who'd kick your ass.

He might just be a guy who likes stalking??? Just cos he watches ppl, doesn't mean he's strong. Heck he rather watch then help out his team mates?!

I reckon he should be on the konoha 5 team to get sasuke so he can prove something that he isn't weak.

kooshi
Fri, 11-26-2004, 03:00 PM
Well, it seems to me that he doesn't want to get involved in fights too much.
Example: during the 2nd part of the Chuunin exam, he wanted the team to just head straight for the tower after completing the objectives.
But when he does fight, his tactics are quite good. He didn't know what type of attacks Zaku had and thought of blocking the air pumps in such short time. Also, during his fight against Kankurou, he thought of disabling Karasu instead of destroying through a creative way (which was mostly successful) and cutting off the chakra strings.
I'd say that Shino is just a tactical fighter. When put in the right situation, he can be strong. Other than that, he's just an average ninja.

Terracosmo
Fri, 11-26-2004, 04:47 PM
It's the shades.

Board of Command
Fri, 11-26-2004, 04:50 PM
I personally don't like Shino much. Sure, we've seen him in one fight, but that's against some mediocre genin. Frankly I can't recall seeing him actually use any ninja techniques.

Deblas
Fri, 11-26-2004, 05:14 PM
I don't like Shino that much. To me he's like the typical silent loner type who thinks he has wisdom beyond anyone that you usually see in anime. You know the type that likes to answer saying things like very well, pointless, or the classic hmp noise i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

EDIT: This goes the same for Sasuke

DarthEnderX
Sat, 11-27-2004, 01:29 AM
That's funny coming from a guy with Sephiroth as his personal pic.

It's the shades.
He's right you know.

Bakko
Sat, 11-27-2004, 02:04 AM
He thought a few steps ahead of Zaku, somewhat like Shikamaru. I wouldn't rank him as low as Sakura though. Atleast he doesn't always yell, "Sasuke-kun!"

kAi
Sat, 11-27-2004, 02:38 AM
well the sand genin are strong, and he fought kankuro and it was a good fight.
even really.

but he isnt some super powered up ninja, i think above average level.

Kn1ves
Sat, 11-27-2004, 04:05 AM
does his dad have shades too? pic plz

kAi
Sat, 11-27-2004, 06:02 AM
yeah he does, go check episodes around the time he fought kankuro.

Assertn
Sat, 11-27-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder

ahahahaha....damn deblas, you got PWNED!

jing
Sat, 11-27-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by: Bakko
He thought a few steps ahead of Zaku, somewhat like Shikamaru. I wouldn't rank him as low as Sakura though. Atleast he doesn't always yell, "Sasuke-kun!"

yeah but Zaku sucked..........

Deblas
Sat, 11-27-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

Originally posted by: DarthEnder

ahahahaha....damn deblas, you got PWNED!

jajajaja ok ok, I got pawned i admit it so let me rephrase this: I USUALLY dont like characters that have that kind of attitude. i do make exeptions sometimes like sephiroth because he rocks.

EDIT: still I dont like Shino or Sasuke

kupalmaru
Sun, 11-28-2004, 09:56 AM
I remember when Naruto and company are chasing Sasuke who is chasing Gaara. Paku, the dog, said there is someone chasing Sasuke. Then Paku said it is not human. I think he is refering to Shino.

Deblas
Sun, 11-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by: kupalmaru
I remember when Naruto and company are chasing Sasuke who is chasing Gaara. Paku, the dog, said there is someone chasing Sasuke. Then Paku said it is not human. I think he is refering to Shino.

Shino is human. he just has a lot of bugs inside of him. as for who is paku referring to i dont know

EDIT: but its not Shino

samsonlonghair
Sun, 11-28-2004, 12:39 PM
When Pakun said something about someone who wasn't human he was talking about Gaara. Remember that Gaara was becoming a tanuki at that point.

Deblas
Sun, 11-28-2004, 02:10 PM
but Sasuke was chasing Garaa and pakun said there was somebody not human <u>following</u> Sasuke. but i could have it mixed up

kupalmaru
Sun, 11-28-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas
but Sasuke was chasing Garaa and pakun said there was somebody not human <u>following</u> Sasuke. but i could have it mixed up

Yeah, I think Pakun was reffering to someone who is following Sasuke not who is being follwed by Sasuke.

KaneInferno
Sun, 11-28-2004, 10:45 PM
Shino is a very good ninja. He is strategically intelligent, never underesimates the enemy, and of the fights we've seen, he was in complete control the entire time, despite the DKO with Kankurou. just because they dont show him much, doesnt mean he sucks.

Assassin
Mon, 11-29-2004, 12:24 AM
ofcourse it does.....in anime, more screen time = more power = more ability to own

therefore shino sucks....i mean, seriously, who fights with bugs? all u ahve to do is step on them

KaneInferno
Mon, 11-29-2004, 12:01 PM
why do i even bother.

kooshi
Mon, 11-29-2004, 12:53 PM
Pakkun was referring to Shino being the one not being the "human" (maybe Shino's bugs' scent covered his own). All I can say about Shino is that he's just an above average ninja. The only good thing about him are his tactics, although they don't rival well against Shikamaru's.

Mookie
Mon, 11-29-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by: Assassin
ofcourse it does.....in anime, more screen time = more power = more ability to own

therefore shino sucks....i mean, seriously, who fights with bugs? all u ahve to do is step on them

Soooo, with that logic, Itachi and Yondaime are weak?
=P

kupalmaru
Mon, 11-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by: KaneInferno
Shino is a very good ninja. He is strategically intelligent, never underesimates the enemy, and of the fights we've seen, he was in complete control the entire time, despite the DKO with Kankurou. just because they dont show him much, doesnt mean he sucks.

I wonder why KaneInferno is trying to defend Shino?

jing
Mon, 11-29-2004, 09:01 PM

Are you being sarcastic?

Deblas
Mon, 11-29-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by: jing

Are you being sarcastic?

I hope so. i mean... his avatar and sig are from shino

kupalmaru
Mon, 11-29-2004, 10:49 PM
It was a joke

Kn1ves
Tue, 11-30-2004, 10:47 PM
It was a joke

yea dont u see his clown avatar?

jing
Tue, 11-30-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by: Kn1ves

It was a joke

yea dont u see his clown avatar?

True that. Just sometimes he doesn't say anything smart, makes him questionable.

ll Ec|iPsE ll
Tue, 11-30-2004, 11:07 PM
well i think shino is very strong but it depends on who he is faceing in a match but i like him but rock lee owns u all ^_^

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 12-01-2004, 12:05 AM
Shino is the man. How can any of you doubt his power. In my opinion I think he has the best ninja ability thats been introduced so far in Naruto. I mean for christ sake HE CONTROLS BUGS. How awesome is that. If I had bugs in my body that I cound control I would make them run errands for me. Plus the bugs can be used very strategically in combat.

Just imagine what Shino could do if he learned some other ninja techniques and combined them with his bugs. Shino kicks ass, even naruto aknowledges him as an excellent ninja. Give more respect towards the bugs or else you'll find something very unpleasent in your bed tonight.

P.S. This is not meant to be something perverted. It's just supposed to be a further illistration of the usefulness of bugs.

KitKat
Wed, 12-01-2004, 12:17 AM
Personally, I find Shino very creepy. But then, that's probably because I hate bugs.

wang
Wed, 12-01-2004, 02:26 AM
well, you know how naruto and them are going off to find that wanker sasuke, doesnt fatty and another one say something about Their new techniques.. everyones learning and got new techniques to show
shino will summon giant bugs ? rectum eating bugs?

Stoopider
Wed, 12-01-2004, 02:48 AM
Because if you have bugs crawling out of every orifice of your body, you must be one bad mofo. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

It's just like Luffy liking Chopper, because Chopper is a reindeer that can talk. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

wirm
Wed, 12-01-2004, 01:35 PM
Shino is smart, and that's why I have to give him some credit. But I just can't get myself to like a ninja who relies completely on someone or something else to fight with. This includes Kankuro, Dosu, and to a certain extent Gaara and Kiba.

Without those bugs, Shino can't do crap. Dosu couldn't do anything without his arm brace, and so far as we've seen, without his doll, Kankuro couldn't fight too well (aside from tripping Naruto with the chakra strings).

At least Gaara and Kiba demonstrated some skills without the sand shield or Akamaru.

Bobacahog
Wed, 12-01-2004, 03:45 PM
Shino is awsome. He kinda has the mysterious factor that Itachi has, but he lacks the bass factor of Itachi.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 12-01-2004, 04:57 PM
The way I see it, Shino's one of those annoying dark charecters... he always ends his sentenses with '...', he never says what he really thinks and he's constantly hiding his face. For those of you who watched Rockman.EXE then I'll say he's kinda like Forte, they both look mysterious, but in the end, they're nothing but dorks.

Oh, and before someone comes calling that those elements are what makes anime guys cool, then you're right, usually it does, but it only works for badguys in the long run, for good guys to do so is pretty lame, kinda like Avenger, which was completly lame.

KaneInferno
Wed, 12-01-2004, 05:16 PM
What?!
Always end sentences with ...: no never once has he said a sentence with no end
Doesnt say what he really thinks: no, He even said that he hates Kiba
Constantly hiding his face: no. most of the time, you can seen his whole face. Kakashi is the one who doesnt show his face
a dork: you fight him and tell me he's a dork.

samsonlonghair
Wed, 12-01-2004, 05:20 PM
People just love mysterious figures they know little about. Kishimoto knows this, and made the character of Shino for just that reason.

Knives122
Wed, 12-01-2004, 06:30 PM
Eehh thats not really the case for me, Shino is mostly like a statue the entire song(that Kankuro v. Shino match, was something I didnt find all that amusing)(probably becuase him using bugs dont really interest me) I'd have to say that I like That dumb spiderweb guy(forgot his name)more than Shino and I hate that guy

Assertn
Wed, 12-01-2004, 06:43 PM
hey STFU, kidoumarou rocks

Knives122
Wed, 12-01-2004, 07:16 PM
meh, well thats you'r opinion:
Jiroubou/Kidoumaru
Tayuya
Sakon
that's the order of how cool they are/were to me