PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Special: 110-111 Discussion

Gods_Son
Thu, 11-25-2004, 10:09 AM
I'm waiting for Anbu/AonE. I don't feel like downloading this twice.

Dahiaka
Thu, 11-25-2004, 10:29 AM
Cliff hanger endings anger me. ADD does not equal patience. Didn't look at the next week's preview tho.

Terracosmo
Thu, 11-25-2004, 10:49 AM
Now that was some fucking good shit.

Kagari
Thu, 11-25-2004, 12:32 PM
sweeeeeeet....

Do you think Genma and Scarface will be ok? Also, we're you suprised to see shizune in a chuunin vest? I think she looks good in it.

SeifeR
Thu, 11-25-2004, 12:58 PM
that was a cool episode, cant wait for the next one, when is the next one gonna be aired? same day and time as usual? i wonder what Kakashi is thinking about Sasuke's decision right now i wish it showed his reaction to it.

TheEvil1
Thu, 11-25-2004, 02:49 PM
very good ep, this is gonna be the best arc yet, seems to be sticking close to the manga which is awsome

Danik
Thu, 11-25-2004, 03:03 PM
Good yet I have some small observations...

At the end Neji's skin color is the same as everyone else, he kinda looks weird since he should be whiter than everyone.
Second, seems that Lee's operation was succesful, yet if you read this chapter in the manga, the operation hasn't been done yet. Because what's about to happen, those that read the manga would agree with me that it would have been better to keep it the way it was.

Good episode overall.

nests
Thu, 11-25-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by: Danik
Good yet I have some small observations...

At the end Neji's skin color is the same as everyone else, he kinda looks weird since he should be whiter than everyone.
Second, seems that Lee's operation was succesful, yet if you read this chapter in the manga, the operation hasn't been done yet. Because what's about to happen, those that read the manga would agree with me that it would have been better to keep it the way it was.

Good episode overall.

I think Lee going to the operation already is less confusng then how tehy did it on the manga

Overall very good episodes and I just hope that when the battles come they take their time like they did with chunnin exam figths.

RaZzy
Thu, 11-25-2004, 04:22 PM
man great episode! ... very nice ending aswell! I liked the sudden change...

Luchio
Thu, 11-25-2004, 04:38 PM
Yup it's a good episode, I really liked how Shikamaru was handling his new leader role. He defined the team tactics really fast for a novice Chuunin. I guess though that his lack of experience is gonna creep back later.

Nice to have the forums back!

Mut
Thu, 11-25-2004, 04:41 PM
RaZzy, i've already warned you about your gigantic sig. it's been almost a month now. freaking fix it or die. thanks, buddy.

CUE
Thu, 11-25-2004, 04:44 PM
Kick ass episode. Seriously, one of my favorite from the entire series thus far.

Anybody else think those jounin got kinda screwed? They were both tired and outnumbered.

I would've liked to see them try that shit with Kakashi.

Danik
Thu, 11-25-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by: nests

I think Lee going to the operation already is less confusng then how tehy did it on the manga

That I agree, it makes more sence the way the anime is handling Lee's operation... yet since you know it was succesful already, there will not be that surprise factor like kishimoto did on the manga.

Aeon
Thu, 11-25-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by: SeifeR
that was a cool episode, cant wait for the next one, when is the next one gonna be aired? same day and time as usual? i wonder what Kakashi is thinking about Sasuke's decision right now i wish it showed his reaction to it.

I doubt he know's yet, I think I remember him saying he had a mission to take care of when Sasuke and Naruto finished fighting. About the ep it was soooooo good. Loved how all the all the other Genins were looking up at Neji like we must have him if we are to succeed. And Neji better have a new move since every one else has one.

Assertn
Thu, 11-25-2004, 05:28 PM
i think shizune, raido, and genma are all jounin, while that other guy with shizune was chuunin....am i right?

anyway, genma's toothpick vs sakon's kunai was awesome

Assassin
Thu, 11-25-2004, 06:13 PM
man what a fucking awsome ep....im starting to like shika more and more every ep. it kinda sucked that the jounins lost so easily...i would've liked to see some blood on the sound ninja as well....still, i hope genme and the other guy live. i dont want them to die like hayate.

it would be cool if kakashi fought the sound nin's...he'd probably use some funky technique to paralyze them, seal thier curse seals, and then kick thier asses, lol. ok maybe not, but it would be kool to see that.

anyway, that spider web thing was fucking ingenious, although it was sorta stupid that shika didn't realize they had been disovered. he wasn't giving the sound nins enuff credit.

next ep is gonna rock. i wonder if the genins mite actually put up a decent fight since the sound nins are tired from the curse seal.

edit: oh ya, the toothpick thign was pretty kool too. i wonder fi hayate's cough was something like that aswell.....enemy throws a kunai, hayate coughs, and his breath is full of chakra i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.......hey, it could happen

SeifeR
Thu, 11-25-2004, 06:51 PM
Tayuya is hillarious.
"Shut up you bitch , I'll have you shaking in your boots"
she can sure talk shit, her curse seal looks really cool too. Same with Sakon.
I hope Genma doesn't die, hes too cool, that toothpic against kunai was sweet.

Mut
Thu, 11-25-2004, 08:00 PM
i'm so pissed they jacked up rock lee's grand comeback with such lame ass scene.

Cyrano
Thu, 11-25-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by: Danik

Originally posted by: nests

That I agree, it makes more sence the way the anime is handling Lee's operation... yet since you know it was succesful already, there will not be that surprise factor like kishimoto did on the manga.

I'm glad they changed that part of the story too, but the thing that's bothering me is the lack of reactions about Lee's successfull operation. Nobody seems to care, it's like nothing ever happened to him.

Assertn
Thu, 11-25-2004, 08:25 PM
oh yeah, i only saw the raw so i didnt notice...
but the thing they did with lee...totally gay

and with the leaf landing on sasuke's cursed seal......
all i gotta say, is wtf is with the producer's fascination with leaf symbolism?

Board of Command
Thu, 11-25-2004, 08:57 PM
Pretty good episode. I liked the spider web thing at the end the best, I thought it was really creative of the producers to incorporate something like that.

SeifeR
Fri, 11-26-2004, 11:51 AM
"Dont worry Sakura, everything will be fine. Naruto just went out with the nice guy pose" , - Rock Lee.

ahaha, classic. this arc is so awesome, can't wait to see the next Sasuke Naruto confrontation. Hurry up and get out of the barrel Sasuke!

Luchio
Fri, 11-26-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by: SeifeR
ahaha, classic. this arc is so awesome, can't wait to see the next Sasuke Naruto confrontation. Hurry up and get out of the barrel Sasuke!

I wonder if they'll start selling the "SASUKE-IN-A-BARREL" toy?

Kn1ves
Fri, 11-26-2004, 02:24 PM
i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Board of Command
Fri, 11-26-2004, 04:07 PM
Yea I thought the barrel thing was pretty stupid. I never knew there's a barrel-summon technique

CUE
Fri, 11-26-2004, 04:09 PM
I think it'd be more realistic if all of them had wounds on them from the battle with the jounin.

ilabb
Fri, 11-26-2004, 04:26 PM
I still think that the barrel would have been more useful than that stupid slug?

What was Tsunade thinking?! A barrel would have been so much more practical.

Anyway, it was cool how Shikamaru pulled together an awesome team like that in about 50 seconds. All it needs is Shino!

One last thing:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/ilabb/enhancement.jpg

Board of Command
Fri, 11-26-2004, 04:52 PM
Hehe nice one. It made Sasuke's gonads grow so much that they had to put him in a barrel and seal it tight to control the growth.

animefreak
Fri, 11-26-2004, 05:40 PM
ok, the jounin fight was kinda cool, was disappointed that they lost. Would have been nice if the fight were 4 on 4, that will show them sound ninja.

is kakashi a jounin's too?

Arog
Fri, 11-26-2004, 05:42 PM
kakashi is a jounin too but he didn't fight the sound nins he was doing something else

Board of Command
Fri, 11-26-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by: animefreak
Umm, haven't you seen the first 10 episodes?

Terracosmo
Fri, 11-26-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command

Umm, haven't you seen any episode with Kakashi in it?

Corrected it for you.

Munsu
Fri, 11-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by: Gods_Son
I'm waiting for Anbu/AonE. I don't feel like downloading this twice.

yeah im waiting for revquest to release... those will own

animefreak
Sat, 11-27-2004, 01:10 AM
yea i seems it, but hey, it's like ages ago i can't remember that good.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 11-27-2004, 01:27 AM
What the fuck! No Shino on the dream team?? That's bullcrap!!

Other than that, the episode owned quite handily.

Naruto_Ramen
Sat, 11-27-2004, 05:53 AM
^^ You're right Shino would of kicked ass with the team if he was in it, they could of used his help.

SeifeR
Sat, 11-27-2004, 02:45 PM
i really liked the start of this episode, where it was playing that new cool music right after the intro and then it showed the flashbacks of the last episode, where it shows sasuke, then sakon with his curse seal and mouth open that looked nuts, then the last bit with Sasuke and Sakura. And Genma better not die, he's way too cool and Shizune is there! he cant die i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif , scarface dude is cool too so they both better make it and get a rematch vs the sound.

Knives122
Sat, 11-27-2004, 03:33 PM
Yeah is was gay that Shino wasnt in the" dream team" but I guess it was because his abilities werent really usefull in this kind of mission

Assassin
Sat, 11-27-2004, 03:38 PM
actually shino's would be as good a spy as kiba....and maybe even better, cuz he could send his bugs ahead and no one would notice, whereas every one would notice a dog.

Munsu
Sat, 11-27-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
Yeah is was gay that Shino wasnt in the" dream team" but I guess it was because his abilities werent really usefull in this kind of mission

Don't over analyze it... he was out with his Dad doing a mission... or was it training?.... either way he wasnt available

Assertn
Sat, 11-27-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by: Assassin
actually shino's would be as good a spy as kiba....and maybe even better, cuz he could send his bugs ahead and no one would notice, whereas every one would notice a dog.

bugs dont travel as fast as a dog would.

if this was an infiltration mission then i could see the advantages, but since they're in a chase, then kiba would be more practical

Board of Command
Sat, 11-27-2004, 06:21 PM
Shino would get owned by those sound ninjas.

Assassin
Sat, 11-27-2004, 06:25 PM
well considering they took out 2 jounins, id say everyone would get owned by those sound ninja's, with the exception of like kakashi/gai/anko etc...

assertn: ya, but i meant like now, when they need to spy on them without being seen. otherwise in a normal chase situation kiba is better

Assertn
Sat, 11-27-2004, 06:42 PM
if it was 2v2 instead of 2v4, those jounin wouldve torn them up

Assassin
Sat, 11-27-2004, 07:29 PM
i agree (well genma and the chick...i dunno how good the other 2 were)

my point was the other genins wouldn't really doo that much better against them either

KitKat
Sat, 11-27-2004, 09:10 PM
Such a good episode! I'm looking forward to seeing this new team fight. Hopefully we'll see some teamwork and combination attacks rather than Naruto just doing kage bunshin. Here were some of the highlights for me:
-Sakura wanting to go, and getting DENIED by Shikamaru......hehe, he practically told her she was useless
-Shikamaru in general....yay, he's so cool! I like how he very quickly took command and got all of the others to accept his authority
-the use of falling leaves as a symbol of foreboding...I thought that was pretty creative, and added some atmosphere
-the toothpick attack....that was awesome

In regard to the whole Lee bit, I don't feel bad for him not getting to go on the mission. After all, he'll be in the village with Sakura and both Naruto and Sasuke are out of the way for the moment. Sounds like he has a perfect opportunity i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

CUE
Sat, 11-27-2004, 09:46 PM
Still, despite it not being in the manga, I think there should've been more hype with Lee getting better. I mean... he did heal from a life-changing event, one which had a high chance of failing, and taking his life. Yet no one seems to care, at all.

I'd expect some massive party, or something.

Assassin
Sun, 11-28-2004, 01:04 AM
i dont think everyone else knows about the operation yet....we've only seen neji mention it, and we know its pretty recent....whose to say that he hasn't seen anyone else since it happened, and when he did, they were busy getting ready to rescue sasuke.

i have a feeling that lee will get better, and then go out after teh genin team....he finds them in danger, opens a few gates, rapes everyone around, and then ends up back in the hospital with tsunade yelling at him.......

ok, so maybe it wont happen exactly like that, but i do think lee will somehow end up with the rest of them....anyone else agree?

Board of Command
Sun, 11-28-2004, 01:12 AM
Lee will go after them but gets himself messed up due to his physical condition. Then Naruto saves him, then we get a scene of Lee staring at Naruto for a while, then some flashbacks, then they win and go back to the village.

Somehow I just know this is gonna happen.

Munsu
Sun, 11-28-2004, 02:00 AM
humm let me see how i can reply to the above post in the intelligent manner...

ehhhhh..... not gonna happen

hopeknight
Sun, 11-28-2004, 02:50 AM
Lee just got out of an operation people. He's still in crutches. There's no way he'll miraculously be better and rush to their aid. That's just crazy talk. Maybe we'll get to see him in action again in a story arc after this one.

wirm
Sun, 11-28-2004, 04:24 AM
this ep was great.

From the way those 4 sound nin talked, I get the impression that they're only chuunin. Otherwise why would it be so risky to take on 2 jounin? Then again, if they're Orochimaru's elite guard, that doesn't speak well for the Sound village's ninjas.

It's a real pity that we didn't get to see the battle. I'm always interested to see what kind of jutsus high-level ninjas use in their fights.

As for the genin "dream team", the only person I have a problem with is Chouji. The guy is useless except as a meat shield. Shino would have been a much better choice.

Also, I like Neji's new attitude. He seems much less uptight now. Probably has to do with the thrashing that Naruto gave him/

Arog
Sun, 11-28-2004, 10:17 AM
hmm im sure chouji is there for a specific reason lol.

animefreak
Sun, 11-28-2004, 11:38 AM
Chouji, the fat guy's. What can he do? all he can do is eats and made himself bigger, and let not forgot his attacking tactic, rolling his body likes a idiot and made himself dizzy. I must agree with Wirm that's he a meat shield.

KitKat
Sun, 11-28-2004, 12:43 PM
It makes sense though for Chouji to be on this team. Remember that he was Shikamaru's first choice, since Shika knows him so well. Chouji is reliable and predictable, and Shika knows all of his capabilities and limitations. In a one-on-one battle, I agree that Chouji really sucks. But in a team, with everyone working together, I think we can expect more from him. And, he can be counted on not to do something stupid, unlike Naruto who is kind of a loose cannon (heh, this just reminded me of the part with the wire traps....Naruto came so close to disaster).
Anyways, if Shino had gone instead of Chouji, I think the team would have been less efficient because no one really knows anything about Shino and that would be detrimental to teamwork and group strategy.

wirm
Sun, 11-28-2004, 01:31 PM
Nobody in that team really understands Neji, Naruto, or Kiba either. The only two who've been together is Chouji and Shika.

If Shino was on the team, then at least Kiba would know what to expect from him.

In any case, I've never been too much of a Shino fan. He always wins by being sneaky. Being smart is all well and good, but if you rely completely on your bugs to win every fight, then you're in trouble if you ever run into a guy with a can of Raid.

Deblas
Sun, 11-28-2004, 01:42 PM
but Shino and Kiba aren't that really close wirm

Gods_Son
Sun, 11-28-2004, 03:32 PM
Shino isn't going. Get over it.

tensai
Sun, 11-28-2004, 03:49 PM
lol, shino for sure isnt going

but if shino were to go, chouji would still be shikas second choice (well first choice because tsunade recommended naruto), so maybe there would be more people to the team because they werent limited to a 5-man team anyway

Deblas
Sun, 11-28-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by: Gods_Son
Shino isn't going. Get over it.

hey God_Son, theres no need to be so harsh man. hes just saying his opinion

Raposo_C
Sun, 11-28-2004, 05:10 PM
From the way those 4 sound nin talked, I get the impression that they're only chuunin. Otherwise why would it be so risky to take on 2 jounin? Then again, if they're Orochimaru's elite guard, that doesn't speak well for the Sound village's ninjas.
I think the only reason they are his elite guard is because there ability to make those sheilds. There not entirely useless, and the Village of Sound I think is relively new, they wouldn't have alot of jounin potential just yet. The one thing I am curiuse is when Genma(I think ... the guy with the toothpick lol) says "Wait, Iwashi. Their techniques are not shinobi techniques. ..." this really caught my eye because I don't think he is refering to there curse seals (since I think there common place at high level jutsus) but maybe something else and thats why Orochimaru has them for his elite guard ... or maybe they were his first recruits. I'm just speculating but when he said that I was like "whoa ... christ there powerful and must have something more dangerous up there sleaves" that ... and the ending just rocked.

I'm supposed to be doing three assignments and my mind keeps heading back to whats going to happen next on Naruto.

Deblas
Sun, 11-28-2004, 06:24 PM
I just thought of this. the 4 sound nins were very strong to start with but they wanted to have more power thats why they joined up with orochimaru to get the cursed seal but the only way they would get it was to agree to be orochimaru's elite guards. hmmmi/expressions/rolleye.gif

Mut
Sun, 11-28-2004, 07:54 PM
i think you guys are forgetting the fact that sound village is only recently created and i'm sure everyone knows that orochimaru is the head boss there. which means that most ninjas will pass up on being a sound nin cuz of orochimaru evil ideals. so, i don't think he has a huge supply of ninjas and probably has to resort using ninjas like the 'sound 4.'

Deblas
Sun, 11-28-2004, 08:18 PM
yeeeeeea, makes sense. but if the sound village is recently created who are the sound nins. runaway nins from other villages i guess

Aeon
Sun, 11-28-2004, 08:51 PM
People like Zaku(think that was his name), who he finds and promises power to.

Board of Command
Sun, 11-28-2004, 10:04 PM
They're people like Gaara that everyone hates, mainly because they're freaks of nature. So they get all sad and run away, then meets Oro who decides to take care of them and train them. He earns their trust, gives them the seal, and makes them the elite guard.

tensai
Sun, 11-28-2004, 11:25 PM
yeah, oro seems to like having wierd people around, or should i say special

oro cant just give anyone the curse seal though, i remember that someone said that theres a possibility that the seal would kill the person and only those who are strong can survive the seal

jing
Sun, 11-28-2004, 11:26 PM
Yeah, that or like Tsunade said, that damn pervert.

Board of Command
Sun, 11-28-2004, 11:30 PM
I think the seals on the sound 4 are different from Sasuke's. Not sure if it's due to lvl 2, but their's only cover parts of the body while Sasuke's covers the whole body.

Oro might have given them weaker seals so they don't get too strong.

jing
Sun, 11-28-2004, 11:40 PM
Nope, they are different seals, but not even sasuke's covers his whole body. so we can forget about that theory.

Assassin
Mon, 11-29-2004, 12:21 AM
what do u mean by different seals?

jing
Mon, 11-29-2004, 01:23 AM
They looked different.

basey44
Mon, 11-29-2004, 02:34 AM
im sure its all the same seals, but the look of the dots that cover the body would depend on the user
even though the dots are different im sure the look of the seal, where they were bitten, is the same for all of them
except sasuke cos he had kakashi play with his seal

wirm
Mon, 11-29-2004, 02:38 AM
They did have different patterns on each person, but I'm guessing that it's not important. I'm sure they all do pretty much the same thing.

BTW, if I recall correctly, the cursed seal covered almost all of Sasuke's body when he took out the 3 sound genins. But during his fight with Gaara, it only covered up half. I'm guessing this has to do with how much power he draws from it.

As for Genma's comment about the sound 4 not using shinobi techniques, I thought he meant that they used the curse seals to fight instead of weird jutsus. I don't know what else it could mean.

Also, I'm pretty curious as to whether or not Kabuto has the cursed seal. Perhaps that's what he was doing when his eyes started to turn red against the rain genins in the forest of death. if he does have the seal, then it would give him an edge over Kakashi.

kooshi
Mon, 11-29-2004, 06:28 AM
Just watched this episode from ANBU - AonE and it is FREAKING AWESOME. The only problem was the cliffhanger at the end! It just kills me whenever they do this.
As for the 4 Sound ninjas, it seems that they are not as strong as many would think they would be. They used the cursed seal, yet they had to rest a lot after the fight, and that was only against 2 Jounin. They're probably like Sasuke: they're above strong, but want more power to compensate. It's also quite creative what the spider ninja can do at the end with those webs.
Lastly, TOOTHPICK! That was such a kickass part!

Xollence
Mon, 11-29-2004, 03:53 PM
Yeah but those were two very strong jounins, and they weren't resting because of the fight with the jounins, it's because they used the cursed seals.

kooshi
Mon, 11-29-2004, 04:15 PM
Hmmm, good point Xollence, I seem to have forgotten about that i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Raposo_C
Mon, 11-29-2004, 05:08 PM
Wait a minute I got an idea:
Maybe Sakura will come in and save the day with her brutal strength

Uhm ... ok maybe not lol. I still think the Village of Sound has no jounin or atleast very few and thats why Oro dosen't send them out all the time. You got to remember, besides Kabuto (who is the only one I think is a Jounin so far) there is nobody else strong enough to actualy rage war with Kanoha (reason why he allied with the Sand nins) but I wanna see if there going to bring the war (if there is any) into the arc. I mean, would be cool to see a bunch of Nin's fighting, with like Guy and Kakashi leading teams and in the meantime, your watching Shikarmaru and company running in there wake after Sasuke(not going to happen probably still will be cool)

Anyway for the theory of the different seals, I think it effects everyone differently. The reason for the changes in design would just be for that reason, they each have different abilities because of that seal ... or atleast I thought. And in closing ... I'm never going to forget that toothpick move ... never it was the best so far ... so subtle.

Aeon
Mon, 11-29-2004, 06:44 PM
It's not like the Jounins were at full strength, they had just finished a mission that must've been S Rank since it took 4 of them to complete it, and you know it was hard since they don't have man power to over send.

Mut
Mon, 11-29-2004, 07:09 PM
why does everyone assume that the seals on the sound 4 are any different than the one sasuke has? why ignore common sense and think that the seals are different? they have different designs so each one can be unique, duh. but sakon said it himself, 'you're not the only one orochimaru has taken a liking too' with his curse seal activated. that should tell you that the seals are same.

animefreak
Mon, 11-29-2004, 10:15 PM
If the 4 sound ninjas are the elite ninjas from sound, then i think the village of sound must be full of weak ninjas.

Deblas
Mon, 11-29-2004, 10:39 PM
If the 4 sound ninjas are the elite ninjas from sound, then i think the village of sound must be full of weak ninjas.

you do know what youre talking about, do you?

wirm
Mon, 11-29-2004, 11:02 PM
Admittedly Gai and Kakashi kicked the crap out of a whole lot of sound nins at once, but it is possible that they were mostly (if not all) chuunins.

The 3 sound genins that we saw seemed to be much better than the average genin, and those 4 weirdos stopped the ANBU pretty easily during the invasion.

Then again, I don't think we've seen the ANBU actually win a fight.

Raposo_C
Mon, 11-29-2004, 11:12 PM
Listen, I was just saying I think the seals are slightly different or effect someone slightly differently in Naruto. I mean, Sasuke just goes plain crazy when he tries to use it(ofcourse this time around he got pwned and well ... you know) but I think what happens it enhances the selected abilities. Its only my opinion I drew up from what I have seen in the anime so far. We haven't seen the seal used to its fullest so theres no way there is a definte reason to believe they are the same or otherwise.

And ya ... I think the sound nin's are mainly weak for now because alot of them stay near the village to protect it. I mean, common your just starting your own little evil empire, its a difficult and delicate time. His plans could be easily foiled, ok ... maybe not but still. I think the four are like above chuunin but not quite jounin yet so there not as strong as they may seem, would be cool to watch them all the gennins just fight atleast one of them though in the next episode (I know I am stating the obviuse!).

mangoman
Mon, 11-29-2004, 11:13 PM
So anyone know what the knew attacks were? Remember Naruto saying he was going to show his new attack which we all know. But Choji, Neji, and possible someone else that i might have forgot.

wirm
Mon, 11-29-2004, 11:22 PM
We know that Shika's father was going to teach him a new technique. Since we've only seen that guy use 2 techniques, perhaps it will be that choking one he used in the invasion. But a jutsu designed solely to kill seems a bit out of place with Shikamaru, so it's probably something else.

As for Chouji, maybe he leared that multi-size move that his father used.

I can't imagine what Kiba or Neji could have up their sleeves, aside from being stronger or faster.

Board of Command
Mon, 11-29-2004, 11:52 PM
Rasengan will put any one of their techniques to shame.

Saruto
Tue, 11-30-2004, 02:00 AM
hahhaa ...ok! ..yes...your true....youy didnt even see the others technique and your saying this haha...

Don't spoil so blatantly.

x hypz x
Tue, 11-30-2004, 03:07 AM
lol, i read that before i realized it was a spoiler. =\

fremeer
Tue, 11-30-2004, 07:02 AM
first off people seem to forget that two important things were said on the nature of curse seals in this episode.
1. Sasuke has a level 1 seal
2. lvl 2 is much stronger then lvl 1 but hurts the body more and most likely doesnt look like anything the jounin has seen before. also is it just me or does at least 2 of the guys look like they have bloodline limit.

the 4 sounds used lvl 2 seal against 2 tired jounins. The 4 sounds are not that powerful they were used by oro to be shields and stuff. oro wouldnt want any strong jounin around so he needs to train genin and brainwash them to follow him thus no strong jounin.

DeluxSkillz
Tue, 11-30-2004, 11:12 AM
4 sounds are most likely on chuunin lvl, and yes they are not jounin lvl, seal lvl 2 gives them power close to jounin lvl, plus these 2 jounins are crap, put them up against kakashi and guy and we would've probably seen one of the sounds injured or worse

?igma
Tue, 11-30-2004, 12:09 PM
Damn, did they fuck the comeback of Lee up or what ><

wirm
Tue, 11-30-2004, 12:11 PM
Let's not be too quick to judge Genma or Raido. From the invasion, we know that Genma went head to head with Baki and apparently fought him to a standstill. We also know that Baki is no pushover after the way the butchered Hayate.

I'm also hesitant about what you said fremeer. What makes you think Orochimaru doesn't want strong ninjas around? Kabuto is freakin strong.

Artemus Sol
Tue, 11-30-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by: wirm
BTW, if I recall correctly, the cursed seal covered almost all of Sasuke's body when he took out the 3 sound genins. But during his fight with Gaara, it only covered up half. I'm guessing this has to do with how much power he draws from it.

Originally posted by: Raposo_C
Listen, I was just saying I think the seals are slightly different or effect someone slightly differently in Naruto. I mean, Sasuke just goes plain crazy when he tries to use it(ofcourse this time around he got pwned and well ... you know) but I think what happens it enhances the selected abilities. Its only my opinion I drew up from what I have seen in the anime so far. We haven't seen the seal used to its fullest so theres no way there is a definte reason to believe they are the same or otherwise.

In my opinion the key here is the nature of the curse seals. If my memory serves me, several times in the past Sasuke has been warned that if he is not careful, the curse seal will "consume him". I agree with wirm that greater body cover could equal greater power drawn from the seal. Raposo_C says we haven't seen the seals used to their fullest and I believe that is because we can't. If someone were to use the seal to its fullest, the seal would "consume" the user both mentally and literally, covering their entire body and killing them (somewhat like Lee's opening of the gates). Thus it requires focus and control to use the seal without it completely overtaking you. This could explain that when Sasuke was completely out of control with the seal fighting the sound nin the seal was over most of his body, where as when he was fighting gaara he seemed more in control of himself. He was controlling how much of the seal was released.

I have seen no evidence that the seal works differently for different people. If it "enhanced selected abilities" we should have seen Sasuke use his specific skills more effectively. All it seemed to do was give him more speed and strength. Useful, but hardly user-specific.

kooshi
Tue, 11-30-2004, 02:41 PM
I guess a reason why everybody has different appearances when releasing the seal is just for variation. I mean, wouldn't it be a ilttle boring if they all had the same looking seal?
Also, I agree with Wirm how we shouldn't judge Genma or Raidou quickly. You saw the reaction of that other guy in the team when he saw the two beaten.

Artemus Sol
Tue, 11-30-2004, 03:06 PM
I agree. The variation in the seals is likely of artistic design. Actually, I'm impressed how well they created 5 unique seals that all look good and are able to grow/spread in a fluid/natural way.

hitokiriender
Tue, 11-30-2004, 04:39 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any problems with the new double episode released by ANBU-AONE. I used winamp and nothing happens and yet when I use bsplayer, it states that the file is corrupted or something. I just wanted to know is it the file or what. ^^ bye

Munsu
Tue, 11-30-2004, 04:48 PM
you probably have a corrupted file.... or you may have obsolete codecs

first of all winamp is crap... stop using it...

download the latest xvid codec or the latest ffdshow... both if you want

Jessper
Tue, 11-30-2004, 04:59 PM
I thought the announcement that Lee's surgery worked out was a little down played too but then again everyone knew it was gunna happen right? Thinking back on it, it might have been a waste of time to do more than that for telling us that the surgery worked...

Winamp runs everything fine for me(though to be fair I havn't downloaded anbu/aone's version of ep 110-11), perhaps it isn't winamp but the people using it and their machines? Codec update is always the best idea and go from there...

Board of Command
Tue, 11-30-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by: Saruto
hahhaa ...ok! ..yes...your true....youy didnt even see the others technique and your saying this haha...

That's not a spoiler. How am I supposed to spoil if I don't read the manga? It rather looks like you just spoiled it for me and everyone else...

Of course rasengan is more powerful than whatever technique the other guys might have learned. Those guys aren't capable of learning such advanced combat techniques, period.

NM
Tue, 11-30-2004, 06:23 PM

Originally posted by: Saruto

That's not a spoiler. How am I supposed to spoil if I don't read the manga? It rather looks like you just spoiled it for me and everyone else...

Of course rasengan is more powerful than whatever technique the other guys might have learned. Those guys aren't capable of learning such advanced combat techniques, period.

You can't say that none of the other Genin's cant learn the Rasengan (or other advanced ninjutsu). If you say that, then thats saying that genius ninja's like Sasuke or Neji (or practically any other ninja out there) will never be able to master techniques of that level. Sure, Jiraiya did say its the second hardest technique to master but that doesnt mean its impossible for other ninja's. He chose Naruto because something about Naruto caught his eye and thats his desire to never give up. But he could have easily picked another ninja.

Board of Command
Tue, 11-30-2004, 06:42 PM
Neji: more of a taijutsu user, so he's natually poor at advanced chakra manipulation (not just rasengan, but all the other strong techniques)
Chouji: can't kill a fly
Shika: more of a strategist than a fighter
Kiba: again, not really a ninjutsu user

I was referring *ONLY* to Shika's group

Aeon
Tue, 11-30-2004, 07:39 PM
Neji: more of a taijutsu user, so he's natually poor at advanced chakra manipulation (not just rasengan, but all the other strong techniques)

If turning chakra into a rotating force field isn't maniputive then I dunno what is. And also since when does knowing strong taijutsu make you weak in other area's?

Terracosmo
Tue, 11-30-2004, 07:42 PM
Chouji: can't kill a fly
Shika: more of a strategist than a fighter
Kiba: again, not really a ninjutsu user

I was referring *ONLY* to Shika's group

WTF? Neji bad at chakra manipulation?
Kiba not a ninjutsu user?
So what if Shikamaru is a strategist that doesn't mean he can't learn techniques.

Speaking of bad chakra manipulation notice that Naruto has to cheat his way to rasengan by using a shadow clone simultaneously. Damn nowadays it feels like people just make stuff up for fun.

Board of Command
Tue, 11-30-2004, 07:42 PM
He's strong in taijutsu because he mainly focuses on training taijutsu which makes him weaker in other areas such as ninjutsu. Up to this point we haven't even seen him use a single ninjutsu technique.

Mut
Tue, 11-30-2004, 07:54 PM
chakra manipulation/control is what neji excels at more than ANYONE we've seen.

miaka
Tue, 11-30-2004, 08:03 PM
it doesn't matter what they are bad at.. didn't we learn from naruto becoming a master(well kinda) of bushin when that was the one that he just really sucked at? it's just your strong will (of course being genius on top of that helps too) that help you...

and did we forget that neji mastered something that only high branch adult from hyuuga can master?

hmm.. and uh.. kiba not being ninjutsu user?hmm.. i don't think so.. and let see what is strategy used for? fighting.. and it's not like shika don't have any attacks..

Knives122
Tue, 11-30-2004, 08:07 PM
After 6 billion hours of waiting(and opening a few ports) I finally got to watch this episode, not bad the whole scarry camera moving thing at the beginning and when Tsunade was thinking of Oro was cool, That toothpick deflecting the kunai was cool(but not that great). Sort of boring but not a let down at all, the next ep will certainly be better

jing
Tue, 11-30-2004, 08:12 PM
The took pick thing was the best thing that every happened in Naruto.

tensai
Tue, 11-30-2004, 08:18 PM
haha, that tooth pick thing was pretty cool, but somewhat unrealistic

his mouth muscle must be really strong to be able to blow that pick as hard as the dude throwing the kunai

each character has their own characteristics, but that doesnt mean that they suck or cant do something because they havent shown them yet

jing
Tue, 11-30-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by: tensai
haha, that tooth pick thing was pretty cool, but somewhat unrealistic

his mouth muscle must be really strong to be able to blow that pick as hard as the dude throwing the kunai

each character has their own characteristics, but that doesnt mean that they suck or cant do something because they havent shown them yet

Um I think the tooth pick thing was more real than anything in Naruto.

Knives122
Tue, 11-30-2004, 09:05 PM
sorry but no it wasn't, the most realistic thing was Naruto almost stepping on that invisible wire(any one would do it if they weren't really paying attention)

wirm
Tue, 11-30-2004, 09:20 PM
He's strong in taijutsu because he mainly focuses on training taijutsu which makes him weaker in other areas such as ninjutsu. Up to this point we haven't even seen him use a single ninjutsu technique.

If rasengan is ninjutsu, then so is kaiten.

According to Tenten, because of his mastery in the gentle fist technique, Neji's chakra manipulation surpasses that of most jounin.

Cyrano
Tue, 11-30-2004, 09:24 PM
Haha, people actually think that Jing is serious i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Assertn
Tue, 11-30-2004, 10:08 PM
im not sure if rasengan is considered a jutsu or not, since it doesnt actually involve hand seals, its just a ball of chakra, but if it is, then its ninjutsu

i wonder if the 64 hands of hakke and gentle fist actually fall into ninjutsu though.....it seems in the naruto world, alot of things that involve hand combat go into taijutsu regardless of the manner in which chakra is involved

Board of Command
Tue, 11-30-2004, 10:16 PM
My point is, there isn't much new for Neji or the other guys to learn. Neji trains solely in the Hyuuga style, so the most he can do is improve upon that. Kiba will undoubtfully make some new move based on an Akamaru combo, but there's only a limit to how effective that can be.

And there really is no argument for Shika here. He's just not the badass fighter some of you take him for. Good combat strategy has nothing to do with learning new techniques, which is the argument on hand.

fremeer
Wed, 12-01-2004, 03:34 AM
just a quick guess on the techniques
shika will learn that shadow thing that strangles you.(daddy used it in fight against sand)
chouji will probably learn the make myself bigger thing.(same as shika)
neji will have something to do with his byuukan and its sight...remember when he says there were like 7 birds and he only counted 6.
naruto will be useless because he wont fight till its either the strongest guy or sasuke(it is jump after all)
and kiba will butt hump his dog and use it as a rocket for all i care.

and thats my 2cents people. btw i doubt any1 will die unless its like to save some1's life. and if they do they will somehow come back to life. damn you jump for having anime with the same storyline.

ll Ec|iPsE ll
Wed, 12-01-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by: fremeer
j
and kiba will butt hump his dog and use it as a rocket for all i care.

acctualy kiba is stonrg at finding things

Assertn
Wed, 12-01-2004, 11:42 AM
wtf does jump have to do with any of that?

wirm
Wed, 12-01-2004, 01:30 PM
I don't know what jump is, so I won't comment on that.

As for there being nothing new for Neji to learn, that's a bit short sighted. There is always something more to learn. I seriously doubt that the Hyuuga clan is limited to only 2 jutsus. It would be interesting to see any byakugan related genjutsu (like Itachi's sharingan). But then again, the bloodline limits are very different, so any technique would probably be different.

Also, I said before that rasengan is ninjutsu. This is because Jiraiya specifically said it was in one of the previous episodes. I can't remember which ep it was though.

kooshi
Wed, 12-01-2004, 01:37 PM
My quick opinions:

- Rasengan is a ninjutsu move
- everything Neji has done now is considered taijutsu, except for kaiten
- the 5 genins each have a new move to show

Just remember, these are my opinions.

tensai
Wed, 12-01-2004, 01:41 PM
i think jiraiya mentioned to naruto that it was the perfect justu for him to learn because it didnt have to involve any seals, so it would be easier for naruto to remember

(shonen) jump is the manga compilation that is released translated, i think

G_Spot
Wed, 12-01-2004, 03:21 PM
i will never spoil again.

Board of Command
Wed, 12-01-2004, 04:35 PM
don't spoil...

jing
Wed, 12-01-2004, 04:54 PM
don't spoil...

Don't indicate that someone has spoiled, thats a rule BOC. Report it instead.

Board of Command
Wed, 12-01-2004, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

Deblas
Wed, 12-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by: G_Spot
i will never spoil again.

Its okay. just be careful of what you write next time

Assertn
Thu, 12-02-2004, 02:23 AM
lol Deblas.....you know a moderator edited his post to say that