PDA

View Full Version : Game: World of Warcraft

PossiblE
Thu, 11-25-2004, 12:07 AM
I played this games open beta, and I addicted. Now I bought retail and servers are laggy because of launch, so I'm stuck waiting until they are back up. Anyways, anyone who's playing post your characters name and server, maybe we can do some quests together or something.

Agalloch, level 8 Troll Hunter
Warsong, Eastern.

SK
Thu, 11-25-2004, 01:06 AM
it pains me that i cannot play i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Terracosmo
Thu, 11-25-2004, 01:16 AM
I'm going to be a good boy and wait for the full game.

Damnit!

Raven
Thu, 11-25-2004, 02:03 AM
I'll give it a couple of weeks until the initial server opening lag subsides. I was addicted to the beta too! So good.

basey44
Thu, 11-25-2004, 04:05 AM
i wouldve bought the game and i wouldve enjoyed the beta if i hadnt gotten a ceratin 131 error almost everytime i played, that really screwed my progress, i only managed to get a lvl 2 nightelf rogue

SK
Thu, 11-25-2004, 08:36 AM
my friend is buying the collectors edition so ill probably just go to his house to try it out.

Tsukiyomi
Thu, 11-25-2004, 10:06 PM
I was in Closed Beta ,and I was seriously addicted to the game. I am also gonna wait for the initial lag to relieve from the servers. Their main site says 200,000 people have active accounts ,and have been slamming the account creation screen. People have given WoW the name World of Warcrack i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

PossiblE
Fri, 11-26-2004, 12:16 AM
Terra, the full game is already out.
As for the initial lag, it seems to have already stopped, Tuesday and Wednesday were quite unplayable but I was able to play all day today without any lag at all. I managed to hit level 12 today and get my pet.

SK
Fri, 11-26-2004, 08:42 PM
im getting dsl so i can play, i cant wait i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Alu
Fri, 11-26-2004, 10:34 PM
I will pick it up for a few weeks.

I have already picked out a mage Ill make. Planned out the talents and everything.

Xollence
Sun, 11-28-2004, 04:13 PM
I'm buying it next week, quitting my other mmorpg that im playing right now.

Tofu #2
Sun, 11-28-2004, 11:38 PM
wtf i want this danm game, but you have to pay a monthly fee? how much is it?

Xollence
Mon, 11-29-2004, 03:45 PM
Not really sure, but most MMORPGs charge around 10-20 bucks a month.

SK
Mon, 11-29-2004, 06:35 PM
its $12 a month, and not out in europe yet, also the servers are split by region (in US) which sucks since my guild from another game that is switching to WoW are all on the west coast. ill probably wait a couple months, the server lag is supposedly crazy right now, with so many people trying to get on all at once. i heard there is waiting lists for the server you want to play on. i think WoW already has more players than everquest.

PossiblE
Mon, 11-29-2004, 10:52 PM
The queue is not bad, but the servers do tend to go down at least once every few days now since the overload. Hopefully it will all be settled soon.

Agalloch, Troll Hunter level 19.

KaneInferno
Mon, 11-29-2004, 11:42 PM
well, eventually im going to get it and play a dwarf warrior. but i dont have the money to pay the monthly fees right now.

Board of Command
Tue, 11-30-2004, 12:04 AM
I don't play games that cost a monthly fee, so I'm looking forward to Guild Wars

PossiblE
Tue, 11-30-2004, 02:14 PM
Heh, I played both Guild Wars and World of Warcraft. I can tell you right now, World of Warcraft is hundreds of times better than Guild Wars. I played Guild Wars and just felt bored, the game was not fun and skills were not interesting. The skills in World of Warcraft are great and there seems to be much more of them overall and it is just more fun in general.

Tsukiyomi
Tue, 11-30-2004, 05:02 PM
I totally agree Guild Wars ..........nothing there. I know they are still in their "beta phase" ,but I personally felt that World of Warcraft had a extremely better beta then Guild Wars. All the new MMO's that are coming out are crap, if they don't have monthly fee because then you have characters hacked, no new content added, support just does not care, and then...... they just fade away.

PossiblE
Thu, 12-02-2004, 07:39 PM
I totally agree Guild Wars ..........nothing there. I know they are still in their "beta phase" ,but I personally felt that World of Warcraft had a extremely better beta then Guild Wars. All the new MMO's that are coming out are crap, if they don't have monthly fee because then you have characters hacked, no new content added, support just does not care, and then...... they just fade away.
Oh there will be new content in Guild Wars, it will just come in the form of 100's of expansion packs. It's like paying a monthly fee, except you have to keep buying more discs and installing more often.

Terracosmo
Fri, 02-25-2005, 09:34 PM
I got the game now, since it finally hit europe.

Tsukiyomi
Sat, 02-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Lol, I seriously need to stop playing it's taking over my life. I currently have a lvl 44 Orc Shaman on Burning Legion, but damn as soon as you think it's about to get boring you go into a new instance and it's awesome. Also battlegrounds looks like it's gonna kick so much ass.

basey44
Sun, 02-27-2005, 07:12 AM
i bought the game a few days ago, but unfortunately my compys being gay and wont install anything :/ which really pisses me off, i dun have any knowlage on how a computer works so i gotta bring it to the shop we bought it, but hopefully ill be WoWing with my friends in a few days

also what realms are people playing on, and whos alliance or horde?
ill be on blackrock as horde

also which box did ya get, i got the alliance one i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Raven
Sun, 02-27-2005, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by: Tsukiyomi
Lol, I seriously need to stop playing it's taking over my life. I currently have a lvl 44 Orc Shaman on Burning Legion, but damn as soon as you think it's about to get boring you go into a new instance and it's awesome. Also battlegrounds looks like it's gonna kick so much ass.
I've got an Orc Hunter on Burning Legion - what's your user name?

My main server is Suramar though, I have 2 alliance characters on there.

TruthofMistake
Sun, 02-27-2005, 09:07 PM
lvl 30 mage- Kyrin- Warsong
lvl 25 pali- Narishma_ warsong

and a bunch of teens on gorefiend because my friend wants me to play there with him with his lvl 60 rogue.... like i could do anything with him there anyways hes to busy killing ppl with his uber guild EPK....

Mae
Wed, 03-02-2005, 02:49 PM
This game is actually pretty fun.... Maya on Gilneas server.

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by: Tsukiyomi
Lol, I seriously need to stop playing it's taking over my life.

No shit man, I can already feel the decay in my social life.

If anyone else caught the euro version, I'm Jono at the Al'Akir server.

GhostKaGe
Wed, 03-02-2005, 04:21 PM
tbh im getting pretty sick of the endless stream of MMORPG's theres only so much leveling i can do before i start to get board don't get me wrong i do enjoy them but once in awile i wanna play a good story based rpg with a goal other than how high a lvl i can gain

Bring back the story based RPG
they seem to be disapearing

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Generally I agree but damn man WoW is too awesome for words, and it has a lot more substance than most MMORPGs

basey44
Thu, 03-03-2005, 03:36 AM
ack!! im getting a 131 error wen i leave the undead starting area, noooo i cant get into my character anymore, dammit and i only got to lvl 6.

anyone else on blackrock?

TwisT
Thu, 03-03-2005, 12:48 PM
I would want to play it.. But i can't since it sold out all over sweden.. But as soon as it hits the stores again i will buy it and throw away my social life..

Terracosmo
Thu, 03-03-2005, 02:17 PM
TwisT, order it. Cheapest at speldirekt.se

TwisT
Fri, 03-04-2005, 10:22 AM
Ok now it's done.. But it will not be in until the end of Mars anyways ='(

Terracosmo
Fri, 03-04-2005, 02:44 PM
Yeah this next shipment sure takes it sweet time. Well, it's worth the wait. I'll assure you that...

TruthofMistake
Fri, 03-04-2005, 10:27 PM
well wow does have a story go read some of the lore on it theres a bunch but yeah i do miss a good consol rpg but no worries b/c ff12 comes out soon and despite how gay the main char looks (i think you can change it) everything else looks cool

Tsuta
Fri, 03-04-2005, 11:58 PM
This has become one of my favorite MMORPG's, just above Dark Age of Camelot ( which I stopped playing after I got into WoW... ) I was in the Alpha testing, and the closed Beta, and then the open Beta. I have to say, it was a lot different in the Alpha, even the Beta.. It's much better now, hehe C:

I'm on Cenarian Circle server, as Laelie the 25th ( or so ) level dwarf huntress.

Terracosmo
Sat, 03-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Game is too damn good, especially on this new PC with all graphic stuff put to max. Looks and flows like a dream. Orgasm~~

Oh and I have a sword glowing red now.

basey44
Sat, 03-05-2005, 11:52 PM
im going to cry, im still getting errors all over the place, and tech support is no help

Raven
Sun, 03-06-2005, 12:36 AM
I just started a new undead character on one of the new realms they added. The realm is Frostmane and my character is an Undead Warrior called Meela if anyone would like to join me. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Because it's a new realm the population is low so there's less lag, and everyone is a lower level so there's no higher level guys coming and ganking you when you can't fight back.

Y
Sun, 03-06-2005, 12:44 AM
I'd play WoW if I had any faith in the MMO genre anymore.

And some money.

EDIT:

For all the geniuses comparing GW's cost to WoW: GW doesn't require buying expansions, they're optional. Paying for WoW monthly isn't an option. New content will be added even if you only own the original. You will be able to access expansion areas even if you don't own it as long as one of your guild members does, so no "omg I was left behind in expansionless territory".

basey44
Sun, 03-06-2005, 12:53 AM
hey raven ill play with ya till we have to leave the start area, cos my game crashes then
:/ ur not online atm, damn, what lvl are ya

TwisT
Sun, 03-06-2005, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien

And some money.

EDIT:

For all the geniuses comparing GW's cost to WoW: GW doesn't require buying expansions, they're optional. Paying for WoW monthly isn't an option. New content will be added even if you only own the original. You will be able to access expansion areas even if you don't own it as long as one of your guild members does, so no "omg I was left behind in expansionless territory".

I dont know if i got that right, but you CAN buy only 1 month in WoW..

Y
Sun, 03-06-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by: TwisT

Originally posted by: Y The Alien

And some money.

EDIT:

I dont know if i got that right, but you CAN buy only 1 month in WoW..

Yeah, and then you stop playing it. That'd be like me saying GW is cheaper if you only play it for a month and then sell your account and CD on eBay.

TwisT
Mon, 03-07-2005, 05:12 AM
Well that will never happen i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

I have had Diablo II for 3 years now and played it.. And now that it has come a better game along, i have a feeling i'm going to play that for at least 1 year and probably more then that.. I dont mind paying for it, if it's really good..

EDIT: and even if i do get tired of it i would never sell it, because i want to be able to pick it up and play it someday if i feel for it.. Get a little nostalgic (sp?).. I had such an episode a few days ago when i just had to pick out Diablo1 out of the bookshell and play it.. What memorys..

basey44
Mon, 03-07-2005, 05:35 AM
hehe i did the same thing with diablo 2 a little while ago, got nostalgic
i played almost non stop for a week, someone invited me into their clan, they gave me heaps of items, then i got bored of the game again and stopped, i felt a little bad though for taking heaps of that clans items :/

SK
Mon, 03-07-2005, 09:25 PM
i really want to get world of warcraft now since my best friend just got it and wants me to play now, and my uncle got it. im still not sure if i want pay the monthly bill though, it would have to be real good, like dark age and ultima were.

basey44
Tue, 03-08-2005, 03:18 AM
u can justify the bill by saying to urself thats how much ud spend going out on one nite, and now its gonna last u a whole month, just go out 1 night less a month and ur fine

Raven
Wed, 03-09-2005, 03:27 AM
This is my lvl 40 Paladin on the server called Suramar. I haven't bought any plate mail yet so she looks a bit under-tanked so far.
http://a.1asphost.com/kakashi/horse.gif
http://a.1asphost.com/kakashi/horse2.gif

basey44
Wed, 03-09-2005, 04:40 AM
bah, foolish alliance female. thar is no meat on ye bones, we needs a good feed
for the horde

Mae
Thu, 03-10-2005, 07:07 AM
The dangers of RP servers.....

Anyway, I found this (http://www.inven.co.kr/bbs/data/wow_freeboard/1102255171/wow.gif) to be cute. I'd post it in the flash thread, but only the people here would get it.

basey44
Thu, 03-10-2005, 07:35 AM
lol now that u mentioned RP i cant believe i just did it
ive never done it before, its not normal
only the freaks are on the RP servers
if i ever do it again someone please slap me

Raven
Thu, 03-10-2005, 10:41 AM
LOL basey, you meant to, admit it.

LMAO Mae, that image is so true. And it's so irritating. I hate when that happens.

Terracosmo
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:10 PM
ROFL.
They really should get rid of that glitch already.
Or whatever the cause of it is.

XwingRob
Thu, 03-10-2005, 06:27 PM
I got the game a few days ago.
I'm a level 14 Paladin on the PVP server, Boulderfist.

Tohan
Fri, 03-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Tohan at Al'Akir ENPVP EU

Terracosmo
Fri, 03-11-2005, 04:57 PM
We had a raid today! It was very fun though we got owned badly. The best part was when I was given the assignment to localize a lvl 20 guy who did spells from somewhere, nobody could see him. I found him behind a tent eventually, ran there and killed him. That was great. However the highlight of the day was afterwards when me and my warmate Antonia went to the pub in Ironforge to get drunk. Unfortunately they only had milk so we got drunk on that. And while talking in swedish, we were joined by another swede. And eventually, it ended up like this... (I will let the screenshots do the rest)

http://valethcosmo.free.fr/wow1.jpg

http://valethcosmo.free.fr/wow2.jpg

TruthofMistake
Fri, 03-11-2005, 05:39 PM
lol that movie is good but iv seen a better one that uses a naruto clip what happens is this high lvl person (hunter i assume) fires a bow and then it switches to a scene from naruto where a huge arrow is going through the forest and then some it ends up hitting a bunny rabbit its so so funny.... oh and those screens were funny terra.... but by far the worst glitch is when we mages blink and end up falling through the world and dieing because we cant get our corpses so we have to sit through res sickness

Mae
Sun, 03-13-2005, 09:41 PM
Not only alliance, but a GNOME? Bleh... And why am I not surprised Terra chose a night elf?

Earlier today I tried turning off the music and turning the sound way up while walking around the throne room in Lordaeron. Nice touch. It's little details like this that make this game so fun.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-01-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by: Mae
Not only alliance, but a GNOME? Bleh... And why am I not surprised Terra chose a night elf?

Earlier today I tried turning off the music and turning the sound way up while walking around the throne room in Lordaeron. Nice touch. It's little details like this that make this game so fun.

I've always loved elves. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
Hehe, I've done things like those too... the ambient effects of this game are really cool.

Anyway, I've picked up WoW again after 3 months hiatus... I have the same character as before (Jono, Night Elf - Hunter) and he has now reached level 45. I spend most of the time on the battlegrounds right now, I want rank 2 and that awesome trinket i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Xollence
Tue, 09-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by: basey44
lol now that u mentioned RP i cant believe i just did it
ive never done it before, its not normal
only the freaks are on the RP servers
if i ever do it again someone please slap me

lol what's wrong with RP servers? There aren't as many annoying kids on them.

Nai
Tue, 09-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by: Xollence
This (http://www.discordguild.org), Xollence?

I too have played World of WarCraft ( have, as in "isn't any longer" ). And while I did not enjoy it as much as some of you, I did have a some good moments on the Burning Blade PvP server.

Naturally, I was a dead sexy undead rogue. Currently, I believe she is level 50ish.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/Alceste/TheBride.jpg

Yes, that would be me sacrificing a rather rude newbie.

Terracosmo
Wed, 09-14-2005, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by: Nai

Originally posted by: Xollence
This (http://www.discordguild.org), Xollence?

LOL

Gold!

Xollence
Thu, 09-15-2005, 10:14 AM
Hehe well there's freaks on PvP servers too. Most people on RP server, well at least on Argent Dawn, don't even role play.

basey44
Wed, 10-05-2005, 12:17 PM
does anybody play this anymore?

ive got a rogue on blackrock, havnt seen anyone mention this game on this site for a while

6Zabuza9
Fri, 10-07-2005, 03:50 AM
i play on server stormsacle have a tarren warrior undead priest undead warlock

TwisT
Fri, 10-07-2005, 05:04 AM
I have several Alliance on Deathwing And i have restarted on Shattered Hand as Horde and are haveing a Undead Rogue LvL31 right now.

BTW I'm on the european servers.

Koyuki
Mon, 10-10-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm playing on Shadow Moon, alliance. And Burning Legion, horde.

Also on the european servers, but I don't play so much anymore

basey44
Mon, 10-10-2005, 10:24 PM
come on guys, blackrock is where its at, we had the most downtime and lag but were also one of the best servers for social and pvp purposes. and theres always people on cos its like the unofficial australian server so when the aussie sleep the yanks are on, and when the yanks sleep the aussies are on, its non stop. also make sure u join the pussy alliance cos they suck and i wanna kick your ass

Raven
Tue, 10-11-2005, 08:18 AM
I'm still playing. The latest news is that Blizzard have given an official "No" to the possibility of an Aussie server, which sucks. We have enough players to fill two servers, you'd think by now they'd have done it. Especially since it would help encourage more Aussies to play.

Recently I've joined a large all-Aussie guild so we go high-level raiding fairly often, MC every week or so, it's great!

ES
Mon, 12-05-2005, 10:11 AM
As of the moment the most part I dislike about the game is the constant lag at the moment. Everytime I fight an npc, mostly it ends up me exiting the game. Though as most poeple have said, hopefully the can fix it already. One thing ive been telling a friend of mine, "They are planning and making an expansion but cant/wont do a single damn thing about the lag".

-_-"

Gilneas Server: Krados

Raven
Tue, 12-06-2005, 07:41 AM
It would have to be a problem at your end then, seeing hundreds of thousands of people can play fine without dropping out like you. But yeah, there is a general lag problem. It's not unplayable though.

Aclypze
Tue, 12-06-2005, 08:39 AM
I just got this game last week.

Server:Agamaggan-Horde
Lvl 18 Orc Hunter

Server:Hellscream-Alliance
Lvl 11 Gnome Warrior

basey44
Tue, 12-06-2005, 09:51 AM
blackrock is by far the best server i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

i got a 60 rogue, and i love him so much. undead of course, cos undead are the coolest in every game

Raven
Tue, 12-06-2005, 07:56 PM
Blackrock? Queue times FTL!

basey44
Tue, 12-06-2005, 08:23 PM
well you do know there is constantly 2 AV's going, with about a 45minute to 1 hour wait inbetween

its the BEST server for pvp, and yes i am biased and havent played on other servers, but i do know some servers struggle for one AV a month, let alone having them constantly on

ES
Wed, 12-07-2005, 04:50 AM
I havce a question, how does character transfer work? Is it server to a specific server or from any server you can choose from?

atf_insano
Fri, 12-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by: ES
I havce a question, how does character transfer work? Is it server to a specific server or from any server you can choose from?

It will only work on servers that have a high pop, and that Blizz decides are in need of transfers. You cant choose what server you go to. There is a rumor that they may open up transfers that you can pay for, so you can leave a server when you choose to. But thats just a rumor i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Xollence
Sat, 12-10-2005, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by: atf_insano

It will only work on servers that have a high pop, and that Blizz decides are in need of transfers. You cant choose what server you go to. There is a rumor that they may open up transfers that you can pay for, so you can leave a server when you choose to. But thats just a rumor

Ahhh they have that for Ultima Online. You can buy transfer tokens and transfer to any server.

ES
Sat, 12-10-2005, 03:24 AM
Thanks for the info..as for Blizard, im not surprised if they do that though in my opinion it's another way of milking their game. Hmm...I wonder how much they earned so far with just WoW...

atf_insano
Wed, 12-14-2005, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the info..as for Blizard, im not surprised if they do that though in my opinion it's another way of milking their game. Hmm...I wonder how much they earned so far with just WoW...

well, over 4 million paying subscribers at $15 usd a month - their bills. so I would say a lot of money i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Giboc
Tue, 12-20-2005, 05:35 PM
I don't remember if I posted in this thread, so I shall now.

I play on two servers, Crushridge (horde) and Ner'Zhul (alliance).

My Crush characters: Lakebodom
My Ner'Zhul characters: Warheart and Plogan.

Hooray for internet!

ES
Thu, 12-29-2005, 10:15 AM
Sorta decided to go try PVP after getting my pally to lvl 49. I am in dire need of some tips from the pvp, battle hardened vets here. Can someone please give me a bit of info on different classes about their weakness and strengths?

Going to try either Blackrock or Dark Iron server. Blackrock for the mentioned speed of BG and Dark Iron cause of certain guilds affilliated to The Rapscallions (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/news.php?i=801). Since that Guild must be full already, im going to try and find others allied to them.

Raven
Thu, 12-29-2005, 11:14 AM
For a PVP server, I've found a hunter to be very useful, because while you're out questing in contested territory you can track humanoids and always know if someone's coming up to kill you. It's possible to get the jump on them that way, unless they're ?? lvl, then you'll most likely be a smear on the pavement.

ES
Fri, 12-30-2005, 08:08 AM
Thanks...Too bad I cant have two tracking at the same time. A rouge might hurt me bad. Hmm how about BG wise?

Raven
Fri, 12-30-2005, 09:08 AM
BG wise, Shadow Priests are always fun - but, you might possibly run into pressure to be a healer, which wouldn't be your main desire.

I have such a strong urge to respec my lvl 60 priest to Shadow, but my guild needs me as a healer too much. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif Maybe I'll make another priest purely for PVP, that could be fun.

TwisT
Sat, 12-31-2005, 01:31 AM
Well it depends on what BG you want to do.

In WSG the Rogue's and Warrior's are the kings. Shaman's are also pretty good. Casters are in a pretty bad position since there is to few people to protect them and Rogue's love targeting a poor caster (i know, since i always target the casters, specialy Mage's since you can kill them off before they even know what hit them).

In AB it's mixed but Hunter's seem to be one of the best here. The mix of strong range offence as well as being able to quickly get out of close combat. They are excellent caster killers. Other then that it's pretty random depending on the game. If the enemy is sticking togheter you are better of as a caster that keeps in the back, and if there is mostly small fights all over Warrior's and Rogue's usually owns.

In AV casters are the big winners. Mage's and Warlock's are insanely good. Warrior's can kill of alot of people if they have a few healers in the back, but if they get no heal they usually only get the target (if even that).

Well that's the impression i have gotten.

Aclypze
Wed, 01-04-2006, 02:19 AM
Problem:
I wanted to create a guild so i got the guild charter and got all the signatures to create it. When i went the the embassy thing, I clicked on the Register Guild Charter, but nothing happened. I kept clicking and made sure that I had all my signatures, but my guild wasnt created. I GMed a GM, but after waiting for 2 hrs i gave up on that. Does anyone know the problem? Am I suppose to do something else.

sevyfez
Mon, 01-09-2006, 09:32 PM
I play on the server Frostmane so if anyone wants to do anything hola at me my name is Sevyfez an Undead Rouge (screw the allaince youre all either hunters or warriors).

6Zabuza9
Fri, 01-13-2006, 02:20 AM
yea. most annoying is night elf hunter!!!!!! but my tauren warrior and stomp them flat!

basey44
Sat, 01-14-2006, 12:05 PM
lmao zabuza, not you wont, youll just get kited. then walking into a trap and get aim shot for a bijillion damage

i know, since i always target the casters, specialy Mage's since you can kill them off before they even know what hit them

heh either youve got a very nice weapon or you havent versed mages in pvp gear, they aint so squishy when they have that much hp i know a few mages who can 1 hit ya, so look out
i cant remember what the move is but it crits for about 4500 damage, crits pretty often, and is rather easy to do when youve been polyed i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

SamuraiOdin
Tue, 01-17-2006, 11:01 PM
The move is Pyroblast, but it only crits for that much when the mage burns their cooldowns such as Arcane Power or whatever its called.

ImitationSanen
Wed, 01-18-2006, 04:05 PM
Play a 60 rogue (rolaliel) and 40 paladin (paragon) on Bloodhoof

In an end game MC/BWL/ZG raiding guild. If you havent picked up wow you should!

Aramis
Thu, 01-19-2006, 10:59 AM
I'm a wow veteran, my main's a level 60 hunter in EU-Magtheridon. there's a lot of guilds that have played since beta in there, we've raided everything in the game and the AQ gates are just about to open.
I've just about had enough though, the people in my server are just too hardcore. Can't be bothered to attend raids, farming, etc. to stay in a guild anymore. It's like, people who don't have full epic gear with the best enchants are laughed at. All the people are level 60 and don't even do non-raid instances that much, so playing an alt there really sucks.

So, what I did was roll a mage in an RP server, it's level 50+ now and I've loved most of it. It's not like people RP everywhere or have epic characters with fourty pages of background, but we do play in ways that make the world more credible. And the playing is more casual, i'm just fine with outdated gear. And there's always people to be found to run lowbie instances.

dantheman62
Mon, 01-30-2006, 03:25 PM
this game is great but , $15 month? c'mon

Mr Squiggles
Fri, 02-03-2006, 01:25 PM
Well, I just recently started a new guy on Kel'Thuzad. That's right folks, fear my untargetable lvl 17 pink haired gnome rogue: Shnuckums
http://img424.imageshack.us/img424/8652/megnomezoom8wc.png

Sandldan
Tue, 02-21-2006, 05:22 AM
Im playing on EU-Ravencrest been playing with a rogue from the start and been raiding MC/BWL since i got to 60, AQ open on friday here !

Also have 60 warrior on the same server, but currently playing with a paladin on Darksorrow with some friends, only lvl 26 though but that's because i cant stop doing wsg with him :<

6Zabuza9
Wed, 02-22-2006, 01:08 AM
whats the difference in rp servers? i never tried one.

basey44
Wed, 02-22-2006, 02:16 AM
rp servers are for people who want to role play as their characters, eg. someone playing a troll would put "mon" at the end of every sentance.

<3 gnome rogues, if gnome were on the horde side i probably wouldve chosen it instead of undead, which i also love

TwisT
Wed, 02-22-2006, 09:56 PM
Well undead is the best race for rogues with Will of the Forsaken. Will of the Forsaken + PvP Trinket = pawnage

Xollence
Tue, 02-28-2006, 03:14 PM
Yeah I hated fighting undead rogues and tauren warriors.

Raven
Wed, 03-01-2006, 06:54 PM
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/v...of-warcraft-157577.php (http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/videos/real-life-world-of-warcraft-157577.php)

hahaha

basey44
Thu, 03-02-2006, 02:19 AM
lol, the gy camping is the best

gr3atfull
Sat, 03-04-2006, 01:04 PM
yeah, i play this game but not now currently. got a lvl 44 female druid on Skullcrusher.

Eurasian
Thu, 03-09-2006, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by: TwisT
Well undead is the best race for rogues with Will of the Forsaken. Will of the Forsaken + PvP Trinket = pawnage

HELLS YEAH!!! Especially if you're a warrior, I think undeads are a good race to play since the warrior's trinket doesn't get rid of fear. (If you're on the hordes side that is)

Raven
Sat, 03-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Dammit, the expansion pack is now being listed for release in October - why must they be so cruel!

Terracosmo
Sat, 03-11-2006, 09:38 PM
That sort of makes me happy, as I am only a sporadic player and I feel like I will be left far behind when everybody gets the damn expansion :P

I hope you'll still be able to play the game using only WoW when Crusade hits the stores...

Deblas
Sat, 03-11-2006, 11:00 PM
It's been awhile since I played since I was planning to buy more RAM caused it lagged too much but I have a lv.36 night elf hunter in the rp Cenarion Circle server and a lv.10 undead rouge that I don't use too often in the rpvp server Emerald Green.

My hunter pet is a wolf but I've been thinking of changing it. Which animal do the hunters here recommend?

I'm really looking forward to the expansion though. Those blood elves are going to be made like crazy! What is the rumor alliance character again? Panda..something.

Terracosmo
Sat, 03-11-2006, 11:02 PM
My best character (and so far my only really serious one) is a level 48 night elf hunter. My pet is a raptor. I have no idea which pets are the best, I just like the dino for some reason.

It's the third pet I have, before I had a panther thingy & a crocodile.

Deblas
Sat, 03-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Does the raptor have any special offesive attacks? Mine only has growl and scare.

Raven
Sat, 03-11-2006, 11:34 PM
I hope you'll still be able to play the game using only WoW when Crusade hits the stores...
Afaik yes, you will be able to still play.

Tsukasa
Mon, 03-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Anyone play on Skullcrusher (PVP) server?

Eurasian
Tue, 03-14-2006, 05:54 AM
It's all about FROSTMANE!!!

Raven
Tue, 03-14-2006, 08:19 AM
I think I have a Frostmane character lying around. Are you horde or alliance, Eura?

Mr Squiggles
Tue, 03-14-2006, 03:57 PM
Terra, you should get a pet crab. Not because they're good or anything, but because how many people do you know have pet crabs?

Eurasian
Tue, 03-14-2006, 05:01 PM
My best character (and so far my only really serious one) is a level 48 night elf hunter. My pet is a raptor. I have no idea which pets are the best, I just like the dino for some reason.

It's the third pet I have, before I had a panther thingy & a crocodile.
I heard the elite raptors in ZG can be tamed. If I were a hunter, I want that raptor!! It hits for like 800.
Well...I know a lot of people in battleground use the bat because it silences casters (bad news for me :( ).

Raven, I play on the hordes' side.

ES
Wed, 03-15-2006, 05:23 AM
Anyone Play in the Akama Server?

So far Ive been trying to lvl my mage but it seems like my class are a rogue's favourite breakfast. Thank God for sheeps and blinks. :P

Ero-Fan
Wed, 03-15-2006, 07:39 AM
I heard the elite raptors in ZG can be tamed. If I were a hunter, I want that raptor!! It hits for like 800.
Well...I know a lot of people in battleground use the bat because it silences casters (bad news for me :( ).

Elite pets change to normal once they're tamed. The only thing that stays is their run speed. Everything else gets reverted to base stats for the animal.
Terra, the best site I found for pets for a hunter was here (http://petopia.brashendeavors.net). It tells you which pets will teach you what skills, what lvl they are, etc.

Tsukasa
Wed, 03-15-2006, 10:28 AM
Yep, only reason you would want to tame one of those is if there was an ability you wanted to learn from taming that beast. That site has alot of info my hunter friend uses that site.

gr3atfull
Wed, 03-15-2006, 04:29 PM
Anyone play on Skullcrusher (PVP) server?
Me. But im off right now. I wil be back on WoW during the summer time. I am on the Alliance side. What about you?

Raven
Wed, 03-15-2006, 05:41 PM

I just checked, and I have a lvl 19 Undead Warrior called Meela that I totally forgot about. What's your character's name? I just wanna know so I can hit you up for money n stuff. ;)

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-15-2006, 06:18 PM
I was wrong earlier, my hunter wasn't level 48, he was 45. Now he is 46 however as I have resumed playing. Let's see how long this round lasts :D

Nai
Wed, 03-15-2006, 07:03 PM
I've also started playing once again. Currently I play as a level 60 Troll Vending Machine / Baker on Twisting Nether ( US ). Sadly, I can't say I recommend this craptacular server. Constant disconnects, restarts and lagspikes. All the good stuff!

Alliance never seems to queue for BG's either. Pity my empty existence.

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-15-2006, 08:18 PM
Why are you playing on an US server Nai?

Funny story regarding BG queues, I put myself in one for Arathi Basin today... average waiting time "10 minutes". So I was like "okay I'll just go explore a bit", I went to Searing Gorge and did a few quests, then I remembered "wtf what about battlegrounds?" and I had been playing for 3 hours. Average waiting time 10 minutes MY ASS.

Nai
Wed, 03-15-2006, 10:14 PM
Why are you playing on an US server Nai?
Because I was given a US copy as I was far too lazy to buy it myself.

That, and most of my MMORPG routine are on US servers.

As for waiting times, yeah, they tend to be pretty fucking bad. My record would be around 8 hours. Oh well, today Redridge suffered my wrath as I declared the town mine and butchered everyone I could until I was chased out of the town like some witch by a whole alliance raid.

Boredom does indeed kill.

Eurasian
Thu, 03-16-2006, 12:14 AM
On my server, it's like...for every one horde you get two alliance so the hordes don't have to wait long to queue in. Can't say the same for the allies. It pretty much sucks because people take advantage of the fast queue and just afk once they get inside the bg, thus the reason we lose. Technically it is 15 v. 15 but in actuality it is more like 15 v. 13.
I love battlegrounds, especially AB. It is definitely one of my favorite things about WoW.

Raven, no gold for you. :D

ES
Thu, 03-16-2006, 04:17 AM
O It pretty much sucks because people take advantage of the fast queue and just afk once they get inside the bg

I thought when someone enters a BG and afk's they get kicked out. IMO AB is the best for horde, I still have to try AV cause most of the poeple in my guild tend to go there due to the uber cheapness epic mount..640g for an epic mount...*drool

edit: it's a standard 800g, 640 due to the 20% discount.

Eurasian
Thu, 03-16-2006, 06:18 PM
You're right. They have the deserter thing going on but people have mods or something that make them move once in a while so they don't afk out of the battleground. LAME!!

Terracosmo
Mon, 03-20-2006, 11:57 PM
Had a hilarious Zul'Farrak run today, a guy in our group didn't know english very well so he kept fucking us over and choosing Need on all items. Needless to say we hated his guts. But I've reached level 48 now, and also acquired a +20 agility mail :D

Raven
Tue, 03-21-2006, 09:55 AM
Haha, and you didn't boot him from the group after the first time? You're too nice by the sounds of it. ;)

Oh, and Eurasian, all your gold is belong to us. *cough*

Terracosmo
Tue, 03-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Well he was lvl 60 so he was pretty helpful in the quests... hehe

Aclypze
Sun, 04-02-2006, 09:44 PM
New Alliance race for Burning Crusade is revealed! None other, but the might Wisps!!! :confused:

http://worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/townhall/wisps.html

I like the permanent death and 300 spirit idea.... I also like how you can customize your wisp to have a moustache.

gr3atfull
Sun, 04-02-2006, 09:49 PM
^^
NNOOO!!! not a Wisps!!! I wanted to be the Panda....:( http://www.wow-fr.com/images/panda.gif
seriously, where is the originality?

Terracosmo
Sun, 04-02-2006, 09:49 PM
That is such an awesome april fools. Made me laugh. :D

Seriously, the screenshot is such a riot.

"Your detonate was resisted by Arcanist Doan."
"You die. Permanently."

LMAO

Soon lvl 50 with the hunter, and just reached lvl 18 with my all-new female troll warrior.

edit: simultaneous post with gr3atfull!

Divinity
Sun, 04-02-2006, 09:53 PM
Divineknight 60 Paladin on Warsong, retired since July.

I just don't have the time to do 8+ hour raids almost every day.

The PvP sucks now because it all takes place in the battlegrounds and theres no more PvP in the outside world which was a ton of fun when doing group of 10 and ganking people.

And.... Other than that, there's really nothing else to do at level 60. Maybe I might come back during the expansion but who knows?

SasukeX
Mon, 04-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Wanderer 60 hunter, Wanderess 60 priest, Minilock 60 warlock on bloodhoof US alliance

Play for raids bascilly neone in the neighborhood hit me up :-)

Raven
Mon, 04-03-2006, 11:08 PM
I just don't have the time to do 8+ hour raids almost every day.

8+ hours? Wow, your guild must suck! ;)

Krbadass
Thu, 05-04-2006, 10:33 PM
Anybody here play it? I have a level 15 Orc Warrior. Miner / Engineer. If anyone wants to get on and quest with me I'm down for it.. I also have a teamspeak server.

Good job at breaking the rules you once enforced. Make sure you do a search before you make a new topic. I see no reason why you of all people wouldn't know that. This post simply amazes me.

User Warned, and thread merged with preexisting one

Raven
Fri, 05-05-2006, 03:26 AM
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=8851

6Zabuza9
Thu, 05-11-2006, 01:43 AM
omg, new race for alliance is draenei

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/townhall/draenei.html

Deblas
Thu, 05-11-2006, 02:07 AM
^
So this is seriously the new one? sweet! Looks like a cross between Night elves and Taurens (the male at least. Female looks a lot like a night elf).

Can't wait for the expansion. Those flying mounts are gonna rock.

My WoW status: It's been three months and I haven't leveled up. I stopped playing since it lagged due to lack of ram so I decided to get a new stick. Three months and still no ram stick and its gonna stay like that for a while so I'm back with screwing myself over if I ever try to enter IF again.

Raven
Thu, 05-11-2006, 02:55 AM
I think we can breathe a sigh of relief now that we know the new race isn't lame, but rather pretty cool. The new lore they've written seems a little... odd somehow.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 05-12-2006, 08:00 PM
Copied from 'What game are you currently playing' thread:

"I am now officially addicted to WoW.

43 night elf hunter. Realm = Kul Tiras

Probably going to make an alternate soon, so if a bunch of you are on another server let me know."

gr3atfull
Sat, 06-24-2006, 07:07 AM
Summer is back and I am back on warcrack.

got a lvl 44 druid from the Alliance on Skullcrusher (US).

Zidarri the Exile
Sat, 06-24-2006, 08:55 AM
I plan on getting a new account soon since my last was hacked by a 'friend'.

I plan to make a Tauren Shamen on Ner'zhul if it is still around, see if my friends still play.

sairane
Fri, 07-21-2006, 09:15 AM
Thought it would be better to bump this rather than make a new thread :)

Anyone still play? I see people still play GWs, was just wondering about WoW!

If so... on european servers or US?

I have a 60 mage on EU-Aszune, currently grinding away at BWL (why wont neff just die :mad: ) and hesitantly looking forward to 1.12, althought wary of the bugs and general problems it may bring.

Never know may have a few fellow azsunites trolling these boards :D

kooshi
Fri, 07-21-2006, 10:06 AM
Yup, there still should be people who play this game. Currently, I have a level 28 UD shadow priest and a level 16 Tauren balance druid on the Gorgonash PVP server.

Raven
Fri, 07-21-2006, 10:11 PM
Everyone heard the latest announcement? In the expansion the Alliance will get Shamans and the Horde will get Paladins. Now there's absolutely no uniqueness about each faction. What's the motivation playing in a particular faction now? To hang around a different capital city?

Marik
Mon, 06-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Wow Players Can Soon Changes Sides

If you're a WoW player, you're one of two things. You're Alliance, or you're Horde. That's it. That's where the line is drawn. Or...it was. Pretty soon, that won't matter anymore.

Blizzard have begun work on a new service that will let players switch sides. Alliance to Horde. Or Horde to Alliance. Whichever way you want to turn your coat, you'll be free to do it.

There'll apparently be rules governing the use of the service, but in a nutshell, here's how Blizzard explain it:

"There's still much work to do and many details to iron out, but the basic idea is that players will be able to use the service to transform an existing character into a roughly equivalent character of the opposing faction on the same realm. Players who ended up creating and leveling up characters on the opposite factions from their friends have been asking for this type of functionality for some time, and we're pleased to be getting closer to being able to deliver it."

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?sid=1&topicId=18031079410

I'm psyched for this, because I've been wanting to make a Blood Elf without starting over.

itadakimasu
Tue, 06-30-2009, 08:54 AM
That's a really cool idea... I'd be worried about how exactly they can make it work though without realms becoming uneven.

anyhow....i sold my battlechest / wotlk + account on ebay.... it only sold for $51, and then USPS raped me for $10 shipping.... I was hoping to get more money since i spent hundreds of hours levelling my 77 pally : (

so all and all.... spent $30 on the battlechest, 6 months @ $15/month, and I traded an ATI HD3870 to my brother-in-law for WOTLK... and only got $51 for it - ebay fees and shipping.

UChessmaster
Tue, 06-30-2009, 08:57 AM
51$ for a 77 pally?

I wonder how much would i get for my full t8.5 deadly/furious 80 priest

Sapphire
Tue, 06-30-2009, 11:41 AM
I started playing this game yesterday, am now a lvl 7 Warlock. O;

And I have the cutest minion imp evar. His name is Kuppep. <3

UChessmaster
Tue, 06-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Please tell me you didn`t rolled a gnome >.>

Sapphire
Tue, 06-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Human. :D

Archangel
Mon, 07-06-2009, 06:46 PM
I figured you for a blood elf girl Sapphy

Animeniax
Mon, 07-06-2009, 06:53 PM
She's only huuuumaaan... flesh and blood... a man...

KrayZ33
Sat, 07-11-2009, 04:44 PM
51$ for a 77 pally?

I wonder how much would i get for my full t8.5 deadly/furious 80 priest

enough, probably about 300$ or more if you have some rare titles/achievements

Archangel
Sat, 07-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Bah achievements...

Back in the day we didn't have those! Dam teenagers...

UChessmaster
Sat, 07-11-2009, 08:51 PM
enough, probably about 300$ or more if you have some rare titles/achievements

I always had an unnatural hate towards achievements, the only important one i have is like... Twilight Vanquisher

Anyway, i think i`m gonna quit wow, my guild gradually developed the idea that every single wipe and death is my fault. A guild tank complained to me because according to him i NEVER used Penance or Power Word: Shield, wich puzzles me because wtf does a Disc priest use constantly that`s NOT Penance or Power Word: Shield, the guild leader sided to the tank inmediatelly without investigating anything, sure he could check recount like i did to see who`s lying and who`s not but that would make things fair.

I don`t see myself in any other guild besides the one i`m in and i just FAIL at PvP, so i might as well just quit altogether. :(

Sooooo... anyone wants to buy a Priest? :P

animus
Sun, 07-12-2009, 08:33 AM
What boss is your guild on? If they're blaming just you, your whole guild is failing at something.

That is unless you're disc for some heavy aoe fights, but it shouldn't matter as much if you're primarily a 25 man guild.

KrayZ33
Sun, 07-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Bah achievements...

Back in the day we didn't have those! Dam teenagers...

yea, in the past we had EPICZ!!!!!

UChessmaster
Sun, 07-12-2009, 09:04 AM
What boss is your guild on? If they're blaming just you, your whole guild is failing at something.

That is unless you're disc for some heavy aoe fights, but it shouldn't matter as much if you're primarily a 25 man guild.

Yogg-saron, but last night we didn`t had enough members and decided to do sarth to give some newbies some gears, i am dual speced for holy and disc and mostly play as holy. But for sarth since i heal the main tank i was Disc, apparentelly i don`t know the fight even though i`ve done Sarth countless of times as the ONLY disc priest in guild.

Anyway, i left the guild last night. :(

UChessmaster
Tue, 07-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Sold UChess at 500$, people were offering more but i couldn`t wait to get rid of him.

Archangel
Tue, 07-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Jesus christ >_>

I have an acc with an 80 mage, an 80 Dk and a 75 priest ( my friend trained the other 2 but the acc is mine so... )

How much would i get for that?

UChessmaster
Wed, 07-15-2009, 02:15 AM
Depends on the gear you have, mine was mostly epic stuff from ulduar gear and high level pvp weapons (mostly furious), epic flyer helps too

Marik
Fri, 08-21-2009, 03:06 PM
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/

Archangel
Fri, 08-21-2009, 04:22 PM
... wait, that wasn't a rumor???

Oh great, i finally get epic gear just to find that it will be useless again soon enough.

Penner
Fri, 08-21-2009, 04:44 PM
I just saw this by accident when i went over to browse Gametrailers and nearly freaked out when i watched the trailer, this is going to be so much more awesome than the previous two expansions combined its ridiculous!

I havent played this game in 8 month and now im so psyched about this its crazy.
And this will be the first time i'll play as Alliance, all thanks to FUCKING WORGEN AWESOMECAKE!

I need to go cool down abit now..

Archangel
Fri, 08-21-2009, 04:47 PM
>_> It's not that awesome...

But i guess being able to fly everywhere will be a nice plus, and i couldn't help but lol at heroic deadmines

Marik
Fri, 08-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Heroic Deadmines is gonna be awesome. Deadmines is still my favorite instance in the game, next to SM Cath, Arm, & Library. Graveyard sucks.

Edit: I like the new class combos as well, like Human Hunters and Night Elf Mage. Goblins have race cars as mounts :)

----

The Cataclysm in question is caused by the reappearance of the dragon Deathwing.

One of the two new races, the Worgen, is described as "the Wolverine of the Alliance" by Blizzard. Classes available will be everything but Paladins and Priests.

The other race, Goblins, are forced into service for the Horde and use a spiky racecar as their mount. Goblins also have rocket belts and can be, among other things, Rogues.

The level cap will be raised to 85, with Blizzard promising that the new five levels will be hard to get through.

The expansion offers seven new zones including The Lost Isles, Twilight Highlands and a sunken city that is, naturally, set entirely underwater.

All of the game's zones will be revamped with new items and new art. The map has changed, with the Barrens split in half and the Alliance losing control of Southshore. As with Wrath of the Lich King, there will be "phased terrain" that changes during the course of quests. There will also be two new starting zones and a zone for people level 78-85. Rising up through the classic levels has been revamped as well and is being promised to be an entirely new experience.

There will be 20 Guild levels, a guild talent tree and perks, such as slower durability loss, cheaper repairs, and mass resurrection. Also added will be a "Paths of the Titans" that will allow class-independent talent progressions. And there's a Mastery System, which offers players more power, the more points they spend in their talent tree.

The expansion offers new race class combos, including Tauren and Gnome priests as well as Dwarf shamans.

Players will now be able to fly anywhere and everywhere in Azeroth. And they'll be able to use underwater mounts.

There will be new Arena maps, rated Battlegrounds and a daily quest hub.

animus
Fri, 08-21-2009, 05:21 PM
This is gonna be shit. They're just trying to throw all this shit out, so they can either 1) Bring out a new MMO or 2) Just milk it as much as they can. Instead of adding a new continent, they're just changing the textures in Azeroth, and allowing flying. It's pretty obnoxious. The 85 cap seems nice to some, since it means less levels to get up, but it shows how much a lack of content there is. Just a week ago they announced a redone Onyxia. Come on, Blizzard.

And the new races? Their textures were already littered over the game. Atleast for BC, the Draenei and Blood Elf (I guess a different remodelled Night Elf) were new races they built from scratch.

The game is already way too easy, it's ridiculous. You can get atleast 4 pieces of 8.5 if you're lucky with VoA drops, or the conquest vendor.

Though saying all that, I might end up playing it regardless. That is, if Aion turns out to be shit. I already pre-purchased it off Steam, and played like an hour or two of it (got to level 8). Assuming it's terrible, I get a free month to decide.

Archangel
Fri, 08-21-2009, 05:30 PM
A friend of mine on the game told me that night elf mages don't make any sense because they're supposed to hate magic

Is this true?

animus
Fri, 08-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Probably, don't know much about the alliance lore since I play horde. I actually don't know much Horde lore either.

But apparently, Blood Elves are descendants of Night Elves who've used arcane magic whereas Night Elves stood with nature and druidism and stuff I guess.

Ryllharu
Fri, 08-21-2009, 06:08 PM
There will be 20 Guild levels, a guild talent tree and perks, such as slower durability loss, cheaper repairs, and mass resurrection. Also added will be a "Paths of the Titans" that will allow class-independent talent progressions. And there's a Mastery System, which offers players more power, the more points they spend in their talent tree.
I honestly don't mean to sound trollish, but this sounds like yet another feature Blizzard is stealing from Warhammer Online.

Does someone who has tried both games mind explaining how this is any different from the guild progression and various perks that came from that in WAR?
(I played WAR and only watch my friends play WoW)

Sapphire
Fri, 08-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Ragnarok Online has a guild leveling system, which comes with various perks like being able to recall members and buff people... maybe it's just a general MMO feature.

Marik
Fri, 08-21-2009, 06:31 PM
A friend of mine on the game told me that night elf mages don't make any sense because they're supposed to hate magic

Is this true?

Night Elves abandoned Arcane Magic while the Highborne kept using it. The Highborne were exiled from the rest of the Night Elves on Kalimdor. I'm guessing that the Night Elf Mages in this expansion are gonna be Highborne. If you run Dire Maul, you'll see a lot of Highborne Exiles there.

---

More in-depth info from Blizzard staff.

General
Level cap will be 85 because developers wanted to focus on the right things: redoing Azeroth and providing more end-game content.
A new guild advancement system will let you earn guild perks and level a guild through 20 levels with points to spend in a talent tree. You will access abilities such as cheaper repairs, less durability loss on wipes, or mass resurection.
Phasing can now add and remove terrain based on your progress. Coasts will be progressively more flooded depending on how far you are in a storyline for example.Path of the Titans

Talent trees won't be extended, you will just get 5 more talent points.
The Path of the Titans will let players follow a path (not restricted to classes), this is a new talent system with new skills and passive abilities.
A mastery system is being added as well, a lot of talents will be reworked to be more fun. The point is to get rid of a lot of the talent skills and not make you spend all your points in a talent tree just because it gives you more damage or higher crit chance.Archeology

Archeology is a new secondary profession, not many details about this one but we'll probably hear more about it in future panels.Deathwing

Deathwing, the leader of the Black Dragonflight will be the main vilain of the expansion.
Deathwing heard the whispers of the Old Gods after the arrival of the Burning Legion, he eventually grew very powerful and also became very very crazy.
His plan was to catch the Alliance and Horde unaware with something so massive that it would bring up the Elemental Planes.
The Elemental Planes were created by titans to contain the elementals, they weren't happy with this decision and some of them like Ragnaros got really angry.New races - Worgens

Other races were discussed for the alliance, but the developers really felt that the alliance needed a monstrous race and horde needed something fun and tiny.
Genn Greymane closed the Greymane Wall to block the Scourge's plague. Gilneas got nervous as the Scourge progressed to the south.
Arugal was a patriot, he called the Worgens to battle for Gilneas but eventually was surprised by how dangerous what he called down was.
Worgens are from somewhere else ... or even someWHEN else. They have a wolverine temperament and spent a lot of time trying to contain the beast within.
One of the Worgen racial will be Dark Flight, a short duration sprintNew Races - Goblins

Goblins are a technological race from Kezan, their society is broken up into trade cartels run by trade princes. They are new factions and not the ones you can already see in game.
The Cataclysm hit Kezan really hard and it's possibly destroyed. The goblins are now refugees on the Lost Isles.
As a goblin you start as a neutral cartel and eventually join the horde as you progress through the questlines.
Racial - Rocket Belt will have multiple functionnalities, you can use it to launch yourself forward or launch rockets at targets.Old World

We all left a little part of ourselves in Northrend and the old world will be much darker than it was to make heroism and brotherhood more meaningful like Warcraft should be.
Every zones will be revamped with new quests, items, and art. The old world will be a brand new experience and you won't have to deal with the annoying agility/spirit quest rewards anymore.
Azeroth is now flyable. Pretty much all the zones will be changed to some extent, some of them like Elwynn Forest won't change too much but others like The Barrens will be sundered in two by Deathwing.
The Wailing Caverns are now a lush and verdant Area.
Desolace now has a lot more waters and a lot of plants can be seen in the screenshots.
The Horde finally conquered Southshore.
Auberdine was destroyed and the night elves have set up a new camp north of it. Garrosh wants to expand the horde and has built a fortified camp at the south of the zone.
Stonetalon has been cleaned by the Goblins, Azshara will be the new Goblin zone, and are using quarries in the mountains of Azshara to build their town.
Apparently Orgrimmar will be rebuilt and reinforced with steel, it now looks a lot like Garrosh strongholds...
Undercity has been redesigned to be flyable, it now looks much more impressive from the outside.New Zones

7 new zones will be added : Twilight Highlands, Mount Hyjal, Deepholm, Uldum, Gilneas, The Lost Isles, Sunken City of Vash'jir.Starting Areas

The Worgens and Goblins starting zone level goes from 1 to 15.Vasj'ir

Sunken City of Vashj'ir will be an underwater zone and was the home city of Lady Vashj before the original sundering, this is a gateway to the Abyssal Maw. Going through the Abyssal Maw will take you to the Elemental Plane of Water, even if the zone will be underwater you will be walking on the sea floor here, new underwater mounts will be available and should have the same speed as normal flying mounts.Deepholm

Deepholm will be the new hub of the expansion, you will have portals here to let you teleport to Hyjal, Uldum, etc ... The Twilight's Hammer now serves Deathwing and have brought him back to full health in the Temple of Earth at the center of the map.
Deepholm isn't really connected to Azeroth, the connection is where Deathwing emerged from the ground.Uldum

Uldum will have at least two dungeons and is heavily inspired from Egypt. The sea at the west of Tanaris was just an illusion created by the Titan and Uldum is actually a brand new zone. It is rumored to hold a super weapon. Uldum is also the home of the Tolvir, a race of stone-like cats created by the titans.Plane of Fire

Ragnaros used the cataclysm to come back from the Plane of Fire where we sent him and is now sieging the World Tree in Mount Hyjal to burn it down. Malfurion is back from the Emerald Dream. The whole zone (Hyjal) will make extensive use of phasing.Twilight Highlands

The Twilight Highlands will feature Grim Batol, Deathwing literally broke open Grim Batol as he emerged from the ground. This is the new Twilight's Hammer base in Azeroth and both Horde and Alliance will have a new port town with boats here. The Red Dragonflight is still here but has been pushed back to the west of the zone near the Wetlands.Dungeons and Raids

The Firelands will be a new raid dungeon, it will let you go to the Elemental Plane of fire and visit Sulfuron's Keep, Ragnaros will be here and he's really pissed.
Uldum will feature two new dungeons, the Lost City of Tol'vir and the Halls of Origination (a titan city)
Grim Batol will have a level-up dungeon and a raid instance.
Skywall (Air Elemental Plane) will have a level-up dungeon and a raid instance.
The Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep will be back in a brand new level 85 heroic version.
Blackrock Caverns will be a new level-up dungeon located in Blackrock Spire. This is an entirely new dungeon, new art, new creatures, new everything.Player vs. Player

Battle of Gilneas will be a new battleground where the objective is to control the city by controlling as many districts as possible.
Tol'barad will be a new PvP zone and will also be the most important daily quest hub. Just like Wintergrasp a battle will happen every few hours and the winning side will get access to the Tol'barad Prison and extra daily quests, the really profitable ones.
Rated battlegrounds will be added to the game and should get you the same rewards as Arenas.
New arena maps will be added.

Dark Dragon
Fri, 08-21-2009, 07:40 PM
@Animus

I can see why some people would have a problem with this expansion, but it's not like bliz is totally being lazy.

Old World content is something people have been asking for ages on the forum, some even suggested vanilla wow on server.

A revamp of the old world to make it fit for flying is a lot more work than simply adding a new continent due to the sheer amount of zones they'll have to work with. Most of those area will look quite different from the original version from what i saw in the trailer. They are also adding 7 new zones on top of the revamp, so it's not like this will be renew old content. In fact there's only 9 zones in Wotlk if you don't count wintergrasp. They are also adding underwater zones and underwater mounts.

A revamp old world also give a chance for some people with multiple max level char to try out leveling again with the new quests and environment rather than doing the old grind. It's unknown at the moment how much exp it will take per level for those 5 new level so chances are they might be as long as 70-80 so i'd wait until more info surface before making assumption.

About the only thing i agree with you is how easy the game as become and that's a matter of preference.

For people like me who started after the BC expansion, a chance to do old style raid is very welcome. I know that not everyone feel this way, but the bottom line is wait until more info than a trailer and a few notes come out before you start bitching about how much it's going to suck. If you end up not liking the final product then you always have the option to just quit.

@Ryll

I'm positive that bliz took the idea from WAR, they aren't exactly known for being original. Blizzard is infamous for taking ideas that work and implementing them into their own stuff while trying to perfect the formula. WoW itself is a testament to that, most of that game lack any sort of originality, but it's so well crafted that it manages to attract a large amount of players.

darkmetal505
Fri, 08-21-2009, 09:24 PM
Blizzcon Stream:

http://eu.blizzard.com/blizzcon/video/stream-rts.xml

Archangel
Sat, 08-22-2009, 07:53 AM
Phasing will be even a bigger part of the game? If this keeps up the game will turn to Guild Wars soon enough

Estimated Racial traits
Rocket Jump - instant - 2 min cooldown
Activate your rocket belt to jump up to 20 yards.
Rocket Barrage - instant - 2 min cooldown ((shared with Rocket Jump))
Fire your belt rockets at an enemy within 30 yards.
Time is money - passive
Cash in on a 1% increase to attack and casting speed.
Best Deals Anywhere - passive
Best possible gold discount, regardless of reputation.
Pack Hobgoblin - instant - 30 min cooldown
Calls in your personal servant, allowing you bank access every 30 min.
Better Living Through Chemistry - passive
Alchemy skill +15, your potions give more health/mana.

Is anyone else expecting 10000 gold rogues on the battlegrounds fucking everything up?

Marik
Sat, 08-22-2009, 09:14 AM
Since Archangel did the Goblin ones.

Worgen Details

Racials aren't currently implemented, but-
Viciousness
+1% damage
Dark Flight
+70% run speed for 10 seconds. 3 minute cooldown
Abberation
Length of Curses and Diseases reduced by 15%.
Flayer
Skinning skill increased by 15 and allows you to skin faster
Two Forms
Switch to your currently inactive form. 1.5 sec cooldown. (seems purely cosmetic but has an absolutely awesome transformation from human to worgen)
In the starting area your goal is to find a cure for the worgen effect
As you progress through the quests, phasing takes place; you're fighting off a forsaken assault on Gilneas
The land is sundered as you quest through it and battle the forsaken. The starting area becomes more and more flooded due to the destruction. Some quests require you to swim into the water and bring drowning watchmen back to shore.General Details

The water system has been upgraded with a better look
New Gilneas Mastiff model (possible worgen mount?)
Number of macros you can have has been increased by 150%
You'll level faster than other races early on as the quests are themed around a story like the Death Knight starting area.Northern Eastern Kingdoms - Zone Level Range Changes

Tirisfal Glades: 1-10
Gilneas: 1-10
Silverpine Forest: 10-20
Alterac Mountains: 20-25 (25-30)
Hillsbrad Foothills: 20-25
Arathi Highlands: 25-30
The Hinterlands: 30-35
Western Plaguelands: 35-40
Eastern Plaguelands: 40-45 & 45-50

Dark Dragon
Sat, 08-22-2009, 09:23 AM
Is anyone else expecting 10000 gold rogues on the battlegrounds fucking everything up?

There's probably some limitation for that, all OP racial usually get nerf to the ground.

I hope they do an appropriate health increase to stop dps domination from happening since pvp balance is dead and buried at the moment. Blizzard already admits to tripling the dps this expansion while only doubling the hp.

KrayZ33
Sat, 08-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Night Elves abandoned Arcane Magic while the Highborne kept using it. The Highborne were exiled from the rest of the Night Elves on Kalimdor. I'm guessing that the Night Elf Mages in this expansion are gonna be Highborne. If you run Dire Maul, you'll see a lot of Highborne Exiles there.

using arcane-magic is sentenced with death, ever since the great sundering.
it doesn't really make sence but oh well

tauren paladins don't make sence either... who cares as long as i have my undead hunters
I hope they implent a race change system..so I can change my race without changing to the alliance :/

Idealistic
Sat, 08-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Cataclysm is like a reboot of WoW.

So many changes it's pointless to play right now. I'll be back into WoW once this game hits for sure.

These changes seem awesome though. Not sure why they didn't get it down from the beginning, like all the other chaotic stats like +spell penetration, +defense, etc... The new system seems much better.

KrayZ33
Sat, 08-22-2009, 12:20 PM
why is it pointless to play right now?

the addon is half a year away, old items get worse with every new content, thats a normal thing and not really a problem

however I'm not really a fan of the new system
everyone will be rolling on the same items :/
not only that, it limits various item-combinations.

animus
Sat, 08-22-2009, 03:42 PM
It's gonna be atleast 6 months before this Xpac comes out. Icecrown's not even released yet.

Marik
Wed, 10-28-2009, 04:46 PM
New Dungeon System

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/3p3/newdungeonsystem.xml

Penner
Thu, 10-29-2009, 01:24 AM
Nice, even tho i dont play wow anymore ^^

itadakimasu
Fri, 10-30-2009, 03:11 PM
I've considered playing again... The person I sold my account to hasn't touched it and if they're not going to use it...

*MUST>>>>> RESIST>>>> WOW>>>>!*

Do you guys think starcraft 2 has been delayed alot due to the success of WOW ?

KrayZ33
Fri, 10-30-2009, 04:47 PM
due to the success of wow sc2 is being produced

itadakimasu
Tue, 12-15-2009, 05:28 PM
has anybody played on private wow servers before?

I saw an ad for one today and searched on google and looks like there are alot... I even saw one where your charactors automatically start @60 and didn't see anything about paying for the service... I may give it a try.

Archangel
Tue, 12-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Yah, it's good fun if you find a popular and stable one

I used to play on a portuguese server but the damn thing kept crashing and losing the characters so i eventually just bought the real thing

itadakimasu
Wed, 12-16-2009, 02:25 PM
oh... good point there. I'd be pissed if I put tons of time into a charactor and then... bam, sorry my server crashed!?! and of course they're not under any kind of obligation to backup/restore if you're not paying them.

Archangel
Wed, 12-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Like i said just find a stable and popular server, they're not that rare