PDA

View Full Version : Am i Back?

hiddenpookie
Wed, 11-24-2004, 07:28 PM
Hey guys havnt been on the forums for along time....am hidden arnt i? looked back to see the forums... stills see the same dumb post's i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif Well anyway SWG [STAR WARS GALXIES] has tooken over my lyfe!
i cant stop playing its so addicting. very good game much has cnaged since the beta its pretty badass..

name: Utchi Lawker
server: chilastra
template: Teras kasi expert 0/1/4/2, medic 2/4/0/0 i think and some boxes filled up in marksman

so does anyone play this game???

SK
Wed, 11-24-2004, 07:30 PM
nah killin rabbits is the suck, world of warcraft is only good online rpg i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

basey44
Thu, 11-25-2004, 04:09 AM
you cant even go fishing in star wars

Shippou-sama
Thu, 11-25-2004, 05:28 AM
Actually, you can fish in SWG, but you can only catch (iirc) 7 different types of fish. Also, it's a very unimaginative system.

I played SWG from day one (two, actually, only a handful made it in on Day 1), and stuck with it until a couple months ago. I quit because I had nothing to look forward to. Master a bunch of professions, fill a house with a bunch of rare crap that took forever to get and nobody will ever actually look at, earn lots of money, and you still get shafted. A year-long veteran who has mastered over a dozen professions, seen and killed all but a few of the hardest creatures/NPCs, gathered all of the rarest items, amassed a hefty fortune, all without a single exploit, no handouts from other players, and I still get stuck in the last group of people up for the "priviledge" of running hours of quests to slowly earn a small portion of what is needed to become a Jedi.

Now, I wasn't playing it for Jedi, but frankly, that's all I had left to do (until the expansion, which I wasn't terribly concerned about). The fact that two of their biggest publishes never actually amounted to anything (droid invasion/Imperial crackdown) didn't terribly bother me. The fact that they even MADE a Jedi class (thus, a profession that is inherently better than any other profession) didn't upset me enough to leave the game. The fact that their entire system of unlocking that class was to master as many professions as possible didn't ruin it for me. What bothered me was their complete lack of concern for the majority of their players who spent their time in game, and instead catered to the every whim of the players who had nothing better to do with their time than hang out on their forums whining that they lost a fight to some class so that class must be overpowered is what made me leave. I can understand balancing, but when you "balance" a class, and suddenly the number of people playing that class goes from 100,000 to 5, I think you have a problem.

If you enjoy it, more power to ya. I'm not disappointed with my time spent in game, I just didn't feel like playing anymore. Do have fun, though. =P

Elite Hentai
Thu, 11-25-2004, 09:18 AM
I played SWG for a while but it was really boring. The missions were all the same (Destroy this, take this to there....)

Now I'm playing Planetside again. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Souryusen
Thu, 11-25-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by: hiddenpookie
so does anyone play this game???

Used to play. Pistoleer.

God damn that game is awful.

Honestly, if you have to crap out $12 US a month FFXI is much better. (assuming you enjoy playing with other people.)

hiddenpookie
Fri, 12-10-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by: Shippou-sama
Actually, you can fish in SWG, but you can only catch (iirc) 7 different types of fish. Also, it's a very unimaginative system.

I played SWG from day one (two, actually, only a handful made it in on Day 1), and stuck with it until a couple months ago. I quit because I had nothing to look forward to. Master a bunch of professions, fill a house with a bunch of rare crap that took forever to get and nobody will ever actually look at, earn lots of money, and you still get shafted. A year-long veteran who has mastered over a dozen professions, seen and killed all but a few of the hardest creatures/NPCs, gathered all of the rarest items, amassed a hefty fortune, all without a single exploit, no handouts from other players, and I still get stuck in the last group of people up for the "priviledge" of running hours of quests to slowly earn a small portion of what is needed to become a Jedi.

Now, I wasn't playing it for Jedi, but frankly, that's all I had left to do (until the expansion, which I wasn't terribly concerned about). The fact that two of their biggest publishes never actually amounted to anything (droid invasion/Imperial crackdown) didn't terribly bother me. The fact that they even MADE a Jedi class (thus, a profession that is inherently better than any other profession) didn't upset me enough to leave the game. The fact that their entire system of unlocking that class was to master as many professions as possible didn't ruin it for me. What bothered me was their complete lack of concern for the majority of their players who spent their time in game, and instead catered to the every whim of the players who had nothing better to do with their time than hang out on their forums whining that they lost a fight to some class so that class must be overpowered is what made me leave. I can understand balancing, but when you "balance" a class, and suddenly the number of people playing that class goes from 100,000 to 5, I think you have a problem.

If you enjoy it, more power to ya. I'm not disappointed with my time spent in game, I just didn't feel like playing anymore. Do have fun, though. =P

Damn that sucks. its real fun jsut depends who u meet joining a guild makes things much funner.
those who say it sucks its cause they cant reach jedi i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
This game is good as hell but i dont blame shippou this game does tend to get boring at points
now am tjingking of getting eq2 but i cant i like this game to much and having two mmorpg would make me go insane.