PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 Ending

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 11-20-2004, 06:46 PM
I've recently beaten halo 2 and I've seen it's ending. I can't beleive that bungie would have the balls to pull off something like that. What we saw at the end of Halo 2 is not an ending by any means. If anything it plays out like the last few levels were hacked out of the final product.

What microsoft most likely plans to do is take the levels they stole from the retail version and for us to buy them back through x-box live for what ever they feel like charging. There is numerous evidence to support my claim.

In the DVD when commenting on the story the bungie staff talks about how the story is supposed to climax on earth. Where is the climax? All that happens is that were withdrawn from the action prematurely before any sort of climax can take place.

If you beat the game on legendary supposedly after the credits there is some sort of message saying to check the bungie site on febuary 9th. Most likely that is the time when they will release the update with the final levels we should have gotten.

Shi_No_Shikaku
Mon, 11-22-2004, 02:42 AM
really.... You just now beat it and not even on legendary.... thats just sad and as for the ending I liked it it's hyping the 3rd one. you can get an extra level for multiplayer if you beat legendary and only legendary or is downloadable from X Box live.

Deblas
Wed, 11-24-2004, 09:58 PM
Where is the climax of Earth you ask?
ALL AROUND YOU IDIOT. THE COVENANT FOUND OUT ABOUT EARTH AND NOW THEY WANT TO DESTROY IT!!! I beat it also and the ending was kind of dissapointing but we at least know that theres gonna be a third Halo which is okay by me. I would like to talk more about it and crash your theory but i dont want to spoil for those who haven't finished or bought the game yet

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 11-26-2004, 01:59 AM
How can you spoil my theory it is flawless. In the DVD the bungie guys described the story arc where it would BEGIN on earth and then head back to EARTH for the final climax. I honestly don't think having the game abrutly ending when your supposed to take down the forerunner ship qualifies for ANY kind of climax. Bungie didn't set the stage up for the Halo 3 they just stole the last levels of halo 2 to sell them back to us for $10.

You know it's going to happen Microsoft has been slowly moving towards creating a service where retailers are eliminated and they only way you can buy games is in segmented chapter formates. Hell thats how the most recent tome raider game was supposed to be distributed. What better way to jump start this new service then to sell the people back the ending THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO GET.

I urge you write your letters to bungie now, do not let this atrocity stand any longer.

Deblas
Fri, 11-26-2004, 05:01 PM
so what that the ending was a cliffhanger. im pretty sure bungie is not gonna put out halo3 with just two levels. also the game was 15 levels long so you know.

EDIT: And stop making stupid theories. This is why this topic has 4 posts. Im just here cause im proving that your so called theory is stupid and a waste of time

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 11-27-2004, 12:20 AM
That ending does not count as a cliff hanger. There was no sign of a cliff with that ending. A more appropriate cliff hanger ending would have involved the Master Chief destroying the forerunner ship and saving earth, but then after the credits we see that the flood are heading towards earth. The only thing we got instead of a climatic final level was an abrupt end to the gameplay right at the point where it should have contined.

We were robbed of our ending. Let me bring about a better comparison to illistrate my point. Imagine reading a compelling 350 page novel. Now imagine that you've arrived at the 300th page only to realize that the last fifty pages have been torn out. Or better yet imagine watching the last Star Wars or Lord of the Rings movies, only to discover that the last 45 minutes were cut out and the only way you can see them is to wait 4 months for them to be sold back to you online.

Compare halo 1's ending to halo 2's. Halo ended nicely. It tied up all the loose ends presented in the story while still leaving many infered questions left unanswered. Now imagine if the original halo just ended after the second to last mission after your futile attempt to rescue captain keys. You would be pisssed. No one seems to realize it but we have all been screwed up the ass by microsoft and bungie.

If you don't beleive just wait until febuary 9th when bungie releases the levels that were stolen from us. Then your all getting one hell of an "I TOLD YOU SO."