PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 109 Discussion

Terracosmo
Fri, 11-19-2004, 03:07 AM
Get to it!

basey44
Fri, 11-19-2004, 03:19 AM
hehe yay, finally were onto a very nice, very story filled, very fight filled arc

SeifeR
Fri, 11-19-2004, 03:21 AM
amazing episode, Sasuke is so cool, cant wait for the next couple episodes. Naruto spoke with a lot of confidence that Sasuke wouldnt accept anything from Oro, i think he'll be really choked to find out Sasuke left the village. Things are gonna get very interesting from here on out it seems, the ending shot of Sasuke and the 4 Sound nin was awesome. Sakura really loves Sasuke, it was a really emotional altercation between them, i hope Sasuke eventually realizes what kind of friends Naruto and Sakura are, wonder how this saga will unfold.

Mut
Fri, 11-19-2004, 03:45 AM
you anime only kids should go download the joke chapter 1. it should be at narutofan.com.

it's a parody of this episode (but in manga obviously).

Eurasian
Fri, 11-19-2004, 04:45 AM
The fighting is pretty hot. The whole "your bones make a low tone" thing..that's pretty creative of kishimoto.

Next week's episode looks like it is going to be good - some of our fav genins return.

Terracosmo
Fri, 11-19-2004, 04:52 AM
This was some damn good shit.

Though I'll never understand why Sakura is so much love with Sasuke, he never ever showed her any affection.
If he did, even once, show signs of loving her... that scene where she tries to stop him would have been beautiful.
Now it just makes Sakura look pathetic.

But yeah, GOOD SHIT!

1 hour next week i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Aeon
Fri, 11-19-2004, 09:29 PM
The ending scene was so cool but I don't understand why they would choose someone weaker then them to be their leader. The girl looked pissed at the idea. And was it just my imagination or was Lee going on the mission next week?

Mut
Fri, 11-19-2004, 09:30 PM
btw, DB's translation sucked and that's just because one of THE COOLEST character's name wasn't even translated. fgts.

Paulyboy
Fri, 11-19-2004, 10:35 PM
Yah, you guys should read the manga though if you want to know what happens next, its really good.
www.narutofan.com

CUE
Fri, 11-19-2004, 10:44 PM
Not enough Kakashi.

Board of Command
Fri, 11-19-2004, 10:55 PM
I quoted a spoiler like an idiot.

Danik
Fri, 11-19-2004, 11:08 PM
Why you post spoilers?? It has been said too many times that people shouldn't do it even if you put warning sings all over the place, I mean seriusly, there's 2 other places where you can put spoilers all you want, yet you choose to put them in the only section of the forum where you shouldn't.
Now you just gave away the whole arc for those who don't read the manga, you might as well tell us who wins at the end.

Board of Command
Fri, 11-19-2004, 11:12 PM
You people are all too sensitive. I was spoiled up episode 108 when I was still watching the 3rd-Oro fight, and it didn't ruin much for me. But I guess rules are rules, even if it doesn't harm me.

Crows_Kill
Fri, 11-19-2004, 11:24 PM
<--- dumbass spoiler

Assassin
Sat, 11-20-2004, 12:58 AM
1. dont spoil even if its something we all expect. rules are rules. if it hasn't happened in the anime, its not to be mentioned AT ALL.

2. amazing fucking ep. the whole scene with sakura was very touching, but like terra said, theres no fucking reason behind all that emotion. shes just a whore who wants some cock. still, the fight scene was pretty nice, and ofcourse sasuke going off with the sound nins was like the biggest fuckign cliffhanger ever....waiting for the next ep will be hell. and OMG, that genin fight scene from the intro isn't just for effect after all then. i assume they'll b up against the sound nins, or maybe "curse seal sasuke"......either way its gonna be pwnage!!!! i wonder if lee will join the fight as well. in the preview he still had his bandages and stuff.

for sure shika is the leader of the group....kiba will be intellegence, and naruto and neji are the muscle. dunno what chouji will eb doing though. man, i can't wait for this ep i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Gods_Son
Sat, 11-20-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by: Eurasian
The whole "your bones make a low tone" thing..that's pretty creative of kishimoto.

That was just stupid. Good episode though.

No spoilers. For those who had to get their posts edited, you won't get another warning.

Board of Command
Sat, 11-20-2004, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by: Assassin
1. dont spoil even if its something we all expect. rules are rules. if it hasn't happened in the anime, its not to be mentioned AT ALL.

2. amazing fucking ep. the whole scene with sakura was very touching, but like terra said, theres no fucking reason behind all that emotion. shes just a whore who wants some cock. still, the fight scene was pretty nice, and ofcourse sasuke going off with the sound nins was like the biggest fuckign cliffhanger ever....waiting for the next ep will be hell. and OMG, that genin fight scene from the intro isn't just for effect after all then. i assume they'll b up against the sound nins, or maybe "curse seal sasuke"......either way its gonna be pwnage!!!! i wonder if lee will join the fight as well. in the preview he still had his bandages and stuff.

for sure shika is the leader of the group....kiba will be intellegence, and naruto and neji are the muscle. dunno what chouji will eb doing though. man, i can't wait for this ep
Wow you sure sound excited about this. I thought it was an alright episode. Around the end I thought Naruto would jump out of the bushes and try to stop Sasuke, but didn't happen.

It appears Shika will be the squad leader next episode, though I think Naruto should be leader. It's true that Shika's real smart, but his personality isn't suited for leader status. He's suited for a behind-the-stage role, not the leader of a combat squad.

SeifeR
Sat, 11-20-2004, 01:55 AM
shika is an official chuunin, i guess that made him the most experianced person for being leader i suppose. he is insanely smart so imo he's best suited for being a leader.

Rek
Sat, 11-20-2004, 02:24 AM
for a second there, I seriously thot he stabbed the bitch...

I love the use of leaves, and the clouds over the moon and all that, for a second i thot he was gonna stay.

this is totally back to the naruto we loved... and I COMPLETELY understand why manga readers were pissed at the filler.

jing
Sat, 11-20-2004, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by: Assassin

for sure shika is the leader of the group....kiba will be intellegence, and naruto and neji are the muscle. dunno what chouji will eb doing though. man, i can't wait for this ep

I really doubt that kiba is the intellingent one... cuz shikamaru should be number 1 for intellingence, kiba good for scouting, neji good for scouting as well as he can see what is behind him, and see further ahead, and naruto will be a duracell battery, and chouji wil be a tank.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 11-20-2004, 02:50 AM
Fantastic episode, though I too don't understand why the Sounds would make Sasuke their leader.

And Shika needs to be leader if for no other reason than he's got the rank.

If the villiage had thought Naruto would have made a good leader, they would have made him a Chuunin too.

tensai
Sat, 11-20-2004, 03:23 AM
shika became the leader not only because of his rank but also because of his analyzation and stragetic skills
naruto doesnt really think through anything much, instead he uses kage bunshin to fight most enemies, though he has come up with some nice strageties in the past - he still isnt a leader type that would be able to take care of the rest of the members

i dont know if the sound were just saying the leader thing to make sasuke happy or they were referring to oro wanting to take over sasukes body and make it his, but it is kinda wierd

i think sakura likes sasuke so much is because people tend to like what they cant seem to grasp

sasuke saying thank you to sakura, i dont really know why he did so other than to make her not scream and calm her down enough to have a moment to knock her unconscious

well, cant wait for the next one hour special

redcat
Sat, 11-20-2004, 05:00 AM
sakura got pwned.
gg

Board of Command
Sat, 11-20-2004, 12:42 PM
Still, despite Shika's smarts, his personality doesn't qualify him for a leader role. He's not the kind of guy that others look up to and definitely not the kind of guy that would look out for his teammates.

Assertn
Sat, 11-20-2004, 01:08 PM
sasuke's the leader of the sound 4 because he is orochimaru's favorite.....and they worship orochimaru

SeifeR
Sat, 11-20-2004, 03:02 PM
Chouji seems to look up to Shika. He probably knows him the best too so that's why. Shika got my respect when he put his life on the line to save Sakura Naruto and that doggy from those ninjas when they were chasing Gaara and Sasuke. sure he had to be saved but he woulda died if he hadnt have been , thats a good person for a leader, one who puts his teammates first no matter the cost. He's insanely smart so he can think up good strategies and put guys like Naruto and Neji's skills to the fullest use.

Jman
Sat, 11-20-2004, 07:12 PM
first sakura's apples get slapped away now she gets owned again. the little fight between sasuke and the sound 4 was entertaining.

Konohamaru
Sat, 11-20-2004, 08:13 PM
I think shika would be a good leader since he is awesome at chess and that requires a lot of tactics and thoughts. Plus he is a Chuunin and has a very high IQ. I think the rest should back him up cos he isn't the best of fighters and runs outta chakra quick. Can't wait for next week's 1 hour special!!!!11!!1!eleventyone!!!111!

animefreak
Sat, 11-20-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
Fantastic episode, though I too don't understand why the Sounds would make Sasuke their leader.

And Shika needs to be leader if for no other reason than he's got the rank.

If the villiage had thought Naruto would have made a good leader, they would have made him a Chuunin too.

i think the reason y sakuke became the leader its because he haven't been able to fully controll over his seal power yet, remeber when sakuke used the seal power and got knock down by the sound nin.

y would the four sound ninja following orochimaru order when he's handicapped?

kooshi
Sat, 11-20-2004, 08:51 PM
This was a pretty good episode. Nice mix of action + dialogue. That guy with the apparent extra head on his back, I wonder how his technique works. Yeah, it's most likely a sound attack, but how does it work? We'll probably find out later on.
I still think the scene with Sasuke and Sakura shouldn't have been as long as it should have been. It's plain obvious that Sasuke won't listen. I just loved it when he deceived her, then gave the cheap shot, haha. YEAH, IN YOUR FACE SAKURA! lol
I agree with AssertnFailure about Sasuke being the leader of the 4 Sound ninjas since he's Orochimaru's favorite. I guess that's logical since some people are actually like that.
Heh, next episode is gonna be AWESOME. I wonder how Shikamaru came up with the team he planned out. COME SOON!! lol

Bakko
Sat, 11-20-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by: animefreak
y would the four sound ninja following orochimaru order when he's handicapped?

He could still own all four of them with his tongue/sword.

Raposo_C
Sat, 11-20-2004, 09:00 PM
because Orochimaru would still own them no mater what. common man ... he kicked Tsunades ass even wtihout his arms ... and Jaryha (ok soo he was intoxicated) he still fought insanely well without his hands. Also, that whole fight with the four sound nins was awesome ... everytime he would think he won he would loose again. Priceless and that whole scene with Sakura ... I couldn't help but feel for the girl ... I mean first the apples ... but now being somebodies bitch and being tossed asside like a rag doll.

Best quote ever "after all this time ... your still annoying." My god that was worse then the apples and knocking her out ... I mean she pours her heart out to him and he just blantly slaps her across the face, reaches into her heart and crushes it without batting an eye.

I can't wait to see the next episode though ... but I am finding I've been itching to just read the manga and stop the bloody waiting.

Terracosmo
Sat, 11-20-2004, 09:01 PM
The sound nins worship Orochimaru as a person, not as a fighter. They probably met him the same way Zaku did and agreed to his power proposal. He's like a savior to them.

Board of Command
Sat, 11-20-2004, 09:31 PM
True. Who else is gonna help those freaks of nature?

Lucian5000
Sat, 11-20-2004, 09:50 PM
And..y'know..that whole war against Konoha thing.

kooshi
Sat, 11-20-2004, 10:09 PM
Since a lot of people loved that last scene, I decided for kicks to post the picture up.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwC1Av4Uje3NUwyLJWQamz1H0c9PEQEHP1Ahr4mjFH3H1DLHg 7Flxek35uSR3lBY9iGYEscS6cenqPFL7*WjCL6zQMTWGZiFSxK tIAI*7Ek/4Sound%2BSasuke.JPG

SeifeR
Sat, 11-20-2004, 10:12 PM
that picture rules, Sasuke looks like such a badass, same with the rest of his crew.

Board of Command
Sat, 11-20-2004, 10:33 PM
Sad thing is, he got owned multiple times.

CUE
Sat, 11-20-2004, 11:31 PM
meh, he did alright.

Kakashi would've owned all of them with one eye closed and reading a book.

Knives122
Sun, 11-21-2004, 02:26 AM
Why are all five of them almost exactly the same height, thats just weird looking Sasukes 12/13 and hes almost the same size as those full grown adult people

tensai
Sun, 11-21-2004, 02:32 AM
yeah, they do look like they are the same height
sasuke should be much shorter - or maybe they are trying to show that he has grown up

in that pic, because of the shadow - the guy with two heads looks like orochimaru

redcat
Sun, 11-21-2004, 02:35 AM
he eats his veggies

kooshi
Sun, 11-21-2004, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by: tensai
in that pic, because of the shadow - the guy with two heads looks like orochimaru

Oh wow, never noticed that, lol. That's so cool!

Mgslee
Sun, 11-21-2004, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by: Knives122
Why are all five of them almost exactly the same height, thats just weird looking Sasukes 12/13 and hes almost the same size as those full grown adult people

I really dont think they are Adults... just looking at them tells me other wise

Still, despite Shika's smarts, his personality doesn't qualify him for a leader role. He's not the kind of guy that others look up to and definitely not the kind of guy that would look out for his teammates.

Others not look to, maybe but atleast Choiji does and thats a start. As for not looking out for his team mates... umm he basically sacrified his life in the garaa / sasuke pursuit during the sound invasion arc. That defiently qualifies looking out for your team mates right there...

At the end when Sasuke said "Thank You" shows to me hes torn between deciding what to do. He's enjoyed his time in Konoha but its time to move on I suppose. Thats the impression I get anyway

kAi
Sun, 11-21-2004, 04:46 AM
i reckon the sound for would be in there 20s.

and shikamaru is good for leadership as Mgslee said.

and the anbu aone version is out also. if you dont know.

Mae
Sun, 11-21-2004, 07:46 PM
I took a break from Naruto during the filler, and this was a really nice place to catch up. I think the interaction between Naruto and Sasuke in the past few eps was nicely done, and now he's evil... It will be interesting to see where they take this.

Altough I still don't like Sakura, I really did like the parting scene, choosing revenge over loyalty. I also liked how Sasuke pretended not to remember their earlier talk and then was like "You're still annoying," and lays her nicely on the bench.

Knives122
Sun, 11-21-2004, 08:04 PM
To me that part was really hard to distingusih on, wheter or not he was lying to her or being sincere, oh well I guess we'll never know

Anyway

I found this at Minitokyo.net and its a good wallpaper of Sasuke with his little group of new found minions

so heres the wp:

The leader and his pawns (http://download.minitokyo.net/?id=10498)

theblakeman
Sun, 11-21-2004, 08:21 PM
About their height in that picture:
The Sound 4 is standing behind Sasuke, so Sasuke appears taller because he is standing closer to our vision while they stand in the background.
It seems pretty obvious and I fail to see how anyone could miss it. :/

Cal_kashi
Sun, 11-21-2004, 08:59 PM
im conflicted about this ep. On the one hand it was pretty fantastic, as everyone has agreed upon, on the other hand, I have no desire to watch it again, which is rare so.... it was good but a one-hitter, kinda like a whore.

powder
Sun, 11-21-2004, 09:07 PM
Hey guys, I have a wallpaper of that final scene since u like it so much. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

1600x1200, 507.41 KB

http://img109.exs.cx/img109/5420/Naruto235.jpg

This might be the same wp as Knives posted but his link is not working for me...

kooshi
Sun, 11-21-2004, 10:09 PM
Whoa, that wallpaper is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha, must get.

KaneInferno
Sun, 11-21-2004, 10:25 PM
Good episode. Sasuke's joined the bad guys. its what his character needed in my opinion.

Knives122
Sun, 11-21-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by: powder
Hey guys, I have a wallpaper of that final scene since u like it so much.

1600x1200, 507.41 KB

http://img109.exs.cx/img109/5420/Naruto235.jpg

This might be the same wp as Knives posted but his link is not working for me...

It is but its always good to have a backup i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

kAi
Sun, 11-21-2004, 10:32 PM
the wallpaper is nice, but its a little to pixelated for my liking.

Board of Command
Sun, 11-21-2004, 10:39 PM
They look the same height because they're not all standing in a straight line. Sasuke's probably closer to the "camera" so he appears taller compared to the guys that are further away.

Cmon guys, think outside the box!

btw, I didn't notice that one of them has 2 heads. The sound four are:
-fat guy
-trash-talking girl
-guy with 6 arms
-and the music guy

Are you saying the music guy has 2 heads?... I should rewatch some of the scenes

animefreak
Sun, 11-21-2004, 10:40 PM
hey, maybe the four sound nina really did abandoned oroc, and now they're asking sakuke to be their leader, ever thaught of that?

Knives122
Sun, 11-21-2004, 10:55 PM
No, sorry but thats not going to happen. bend me over and stick one in me.

Jman
Sun, 11-21-2004, 11:35 PM
hey, maybe the four sound nina really did abandoned oroc, and now they're asking sakuke to be their leader, ever thaught of that?

How bout NO.
Now why would they do that seeing as Oro could beat them all with little to no effort. There's no sense in that.

Aeon
Sun, 11-21-2004, 11:38 PM

They didn't leave Oro, they even said once you get the 2nd level seal that they have you will belong to him and have no free will. Anyway I rewatched the ep, both time's the Sound 4 attacked Sasuke the girl did nothing. It's just like Kin all over again. Somehow I think the only reason she's on the team is to fight Shikamaru since he always has to fight a girl.

Hotsuma
Mon, 11-22-2004, 12:02 AM
I would have done Sakura before I left Konoha. That damn idiot Sasuke. He's got her completely dick-whipped, and he still isn't doing anything.

damn fool, that Sasuke guy.

kooshi
Mon, 11-22-2004, 12:13 AM
Well, that Sound giril should be pretty strong, considering how much trash talk she has. Makes it sound like she can defeat any of them 1v1. Well, this is what it seems like to me.

Himura_san
Mon, 11-22-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by: Hotsuma
I would have done Sakura before I left Konoha. That damn idiot Sasuke. He's got her completely dick-whipped, and he still isn't doing anything.

damn fool, that Sasuke guy.

That's why we call him Sasgay! All he needed to do was drop his pants.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 11-22-2004, 02:39 AM
About their height in that picture:
The Sound 4 is standing behind Sasuke, so Sasuke appears taller because he is standing closer to our vision while they stand in the background.
It seems pretty obvious and I fail to see how anyone could miss it. :/

Only thats not possible, since their feet all line up, meaning they are standing all in a row, next to each other.

Wether he's that tall or not, it was obviously just an artist decision to make the shot look cooler.

tensai
Mon, 11-22-2004, 03:16 AM
i think it was the artists decision to make it look cooler too, it would be kinda wierd to have the leader in the middle whose the shortest

Shi_No_Shikaku
Mon, 11-22-2004, 03:23 AM
It was a good episode.... But one of my fuckin spoiler friends kill it for me a long time ago when it was just in the manga.... that bitch....

kAi
Mon, 11-22-2004, 04:09 AM
people's heights vary, why don't we just go with that.

Raven
Mon, 11-22-2004, 04:47 AM
Actually, they're all at least a little bit taller than him. I've known people in their 20s to be fairly short, and also people in their early teens to be rather tall. I don't know why everyone thinks this is so weird. Jirobou (the fat guy) is a great deal taller than him.

kooshi
Wed, 11-24-2004, 03:23 PM
Who cares about the height? The point is, that last picture is COOL, haha.

Board of Command
Wed, 11-24-2004, 06:58 PM
Their feet don't line up, their ankles do. Their shoes might be a bit taller, so their ankles still line up even though they're farther away.

miaka
Sun, 11-28-2004, 10:41 PM
since sakura and sasuke thread got locked.. i will say it here.. .. i think sakura was acting like a whore or something to sasuke.. "i will make you happy" whatever.. she knows nothing about him to do anything that will make him happy... and only thing she can do is annoying him saying stuff like "oh the reason that naruto is childish is because he didn't have parents" " oh sasuke thnaks for saving me..... oh you are being modest (even when sasuke is annoyed that naruto was the one who saved her.. etc,... whatever.. he does not love her.. and he doesn't care about girls to begin with because he cares more about power and revenge...

and she should have known that saying i love you sasuke is not gonna bring him back..

WHY is that she isa cting like her love is like totoally selfless when all she has is a selfish crush... not even love.. if she loved him at all... she would learn to know him, and make him happy at least.. and would have kept the promise that she will be stronger than both to protect them

her pretend that her love is so selfless annoys me too mcuh.. and even konohamaru, even a baby would have said better things to stop sasuke.. V_V baka her.. at least what she could have done is get naruto, sasuke.. or even hokage..

Mut
Sun, 11-28-2004, 10:48 PM
by the time sakura had ran off to get anyone, sasuke would've been miles away. so funny how all the girls are so upset about sakura and sasuke, it's almost ridiculous.

jing
Sun, 11-28-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by: miaka
since sakura and sasuke thread got locked.. i will say it here.. .. i think sakura was acting like a whore or something to sasuke.. "i will make you happy" whatever.. she knows nothing about him to do anything that will make him happy... and only thing she can do is annoying him saying stuff like "oh the reason that naruto is childish is because he didn't have parents" " oh sasuke thnaks for saving me..... oh you are being modest (even when sasuke is annoyed that naruto was the one who saved her.. etc,... whatever.. he does not love her.. and he doesn't care about girls to begin with because he cares more about power and revenge...

and she should have known that saying i love you sasuke is not gonna bring him back..

WHY is that she isa cting like her love is like totoally selfless when all she has is a selfish crush... not even love.. if she loved him at all... she would learn to know him, and make him happy at least.. and would have kept the promise that she will be stronger than both to protect them

her pretend that her love is so selfless annoys me too mcuh.. and even konohamaru, even a baby would have said better things to stop sasuke.. V_V baka her.. at least what she could have done is get naruto, sasuke.. or even hokage..

you know so much about sasuke, MAYBE YOU DESERVE HIM ^_^ DO I SENSE JEALOUSY MM HMM

miaka
Mon, 11-29-2004, 01:07 PM
lol... i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif it's not jealousy.. i just can't stand sakura.. she never cease to annoy me..

@mutata: hmm well.. she had been with naruto whole time...and she pretty much turned naruto down when he said he will walk her home..

Assertn
Mon, 11-29-2004, 01:47 PM
it seems people think that the best solution to keeping sasuke from leaving the village was to tell on him
yeah, maybe if they send him to his room he wont be able to leave i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

no, if they want sasuke to stay, they have to convince him to stay, not force him to
kakashi and sakura tried, now its naruto's turn