ohpeekaboo
Fri, 11-19-2004, 02:03 AM
sweet bejesus!

go read it! narutofan.com or wherever..

it explains a lot, really.

the origin of kakashi's eye is rather obvious now, at least to a degree

Raven
Fri, 11-19-2004, 02:28 AM
Awesome - now we really need a translation, can't wait. We'll finally find out who Obito is I'd imagine. Can't read a bit of Japanese unfortunately.

ohpeekaboo
Fri, 11-19-2004, 02:30 AM
well so you know...

obito is an uchiha.

i forgot who suggested this many months ago, but good for you.

fremeer
Fri, 11-19-2004, 02:49 AM
stolen from animesuki forums:

The very late Obito begins dashing towards the meeting place!
Obito: :anting::?Damnit! At this rate, he's gonna kill me! Did I make it?
(He stumbles and falls)
Obito: Uwaa!
(He skids into the meeting place)

Kakashi: You're late, Obito! You should know when we're supposed to meet! A shinobi has to make sure and observe the rules!

Obito: No, no, an old lady asked me to help carry her luggage across the street, and then I got something in my eye...
Kakashi: My ass!

The 4th (HOLY CRAP): Don't say that, Kakashi. Obito took the time to help an old lady, right?
Obito: Yeah, I helped with her luggage!

Kakashi: Sensei's such a pushover...You should be angry at Obito! People who don't follow the rules and laws are trash who souldn't be Shinobi! Right?
The 4th: Heh heh...
Obito: You bastard, don't you have any sympathy? Quit bitching about rules and laws! At least I've got some self-control!
::Kakashi seems to be getting pissed off::

Rin (Must be the girl!): Okay, okay, enough already! We're a TEAM, remember?
Kakashi: You're always soft on Obito...besides, today's an important day for me.
Rin: Y-yeah...
Obito: ...? Huh?

The 4th: Yes...starting today, Kakashi will, like me, assume the role of a jounin. In the interest of completing missions and efficiency, I'm removing him from the group. This is mainly because right now, Konoha's military strength is at an all-time low.
Obito: ...leaving?
The 4th: Oh, yeah. Kakashi will be in charge of you and Rin, and you'll operate as a 3-man team. I'll be alone from here on out.

Rin: We definitely told you about this before, Obito. We were gonna give Kakashi a apresent!
Obito: Heh...sorry...guess I didn't hear...
::Kakashi glances at Obito::

The 4th: I got this for you. It's a specially-made kunai! It's a bit heavy, but once you get used to it is's really easy to use. You should bring it on your mission!
Kakashi: Thanks.

Rin: I got you this!
Obito: ......
Rin: It's a special personal medicine pack! I improved it so it'd be easier to use!
Kakashi: Thank you.

::Kakashi remains silent, looking at Obito as if to ask, "What'd you get me?"::
Obito: Wh-what? I didn't do anything!
Kakashi: Eh..nothing. Make yourself useful and hold this stuff for me.
:i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gifbito looks hurt::
Obito: Why the hell would they make you a jounin anyways? It makes no sense!
Kakashi: I don't feel like talking about it...

:i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gifbito shakes with anger (?)::
Obito: I'm the Uchiha Clan's Uchiha Obito! I'll surpass you! Once my Sharingan is fully developed!
Kakashi: Isn't everyone in the Uchiha an elite ninja? I thought so, but...
Obito: WHAT?

Rin: Enough! Stop it already!
The 4th: All right, time to explain the mission. It's near the border.
::takes out a map:: See? This line right here. This is where the Earth country is invading the Hidden Village of Grass. Obviously, the opponents are shinobi from the Hidden Stone... Reports say there are about 1000 enemy ninja along this line. If they advance much further....well, they won't be at the border of the Fire country, but it might be too late if we wait that long.

Rin: So many of them...they're moving in so smoothly?
The 4th: So, for this mission...to beat back so many opponents we need a lot of Shinobi. So, in order to sabotage their advancement, we need a select few...
Kakashi: The bridge, eh...so this is an infiltration mission.

The 4th: Right! Kakashi, your group...well, you guys' mission is to sneak in behind the enemy and destroy the bridge that they need to receive supplies. This will cut off their reinforcements. After that, get out of there.
The three: Yes!

The 4th: ...
Obito: ...What about you, sensei?
The 4th: ...I'll be attacking directly, on the front lines. Hopefully to distract them from you. For today, Kakashi is in charge. The mission starts when you reach the border.
The three: Yes!

The three set out, and on the way..

Kakashi: !
::Kakashi notices something and motions for everyone to stop::
Obito and Rin: !
4th: Nice, Kakashi.

:i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.giff course, the 4th noticed the ninjas from the Hidden Stone.::
Stone ninjas: He noticed us...Tough guy...
::They see the 4th::

Stone nin: Is that...? Nooo, that's impossible...But his appearance...

The 4th: One...? Everyone, be careful...theree's over twenty, though they appear to be kage bunshins...

Kakashi: Seems like it...sensei, I'll go in, cover me.
::They look concerned::

The 4th: Don't just jump in, Kakashi...you guys cover me, I'll go.
Kakashi: Sensei, today I'm in charge! I want to try the new jutsu I've been developing.

Chidori!

Stone nin: !! Get away from me!
Obito: What is that jutsu!
Rin: The amount of chakra is amazing...
The 4th: .....
Kakashi: Let's go!

Terracosmo
Fri, 11-19-2004, 03:12 AM
Wow.

basey44
Fri, 11-19-2004, 03:18 AM
hehe that was cool as, cant wait for inane

HimizujinEternia
Fri, 11-19-2004, 03:19 AM
Kishimoto is actively trying to avoid saying Yondaime's name, it seems. Damn him.

yondaime21
Fri, 11-19-2004, 03:22 AM
Cool Chapter, I wonder if this arc will also include how kakashi gets his sharingan. I think, since kakashi is the supposed leader for this mission, theres going to be a mistake and obito's gonna die, then kakashi gets the sharingan but blames himself for obito's death.

basey44
Fri, 11-19-2004, 03:25 AM
i like the way kakashi says u must be punctual, but later on he uses the same kind of excuses obito uses

Mut
Fri, 11-19-2004, 03:39 AM
okay, it's obvious. kakashi is the most badass ninja ever.

kakashi gaiden is sooo much more intriguing than 2/3 of the naruto manga.

kAi
Fri, 11-19-2004, 03:49 AM
DAMN WTF is there to say. this is badass

Kakashi is BADASS! damn this is cool

now we have the Uchiha. damn so much speculation is to come from this.
and who said that the kakashi gaiden was not going to be good.

Eurasian
Fri, 11-19-2004, 04:35 AM
this is the first time yondaime is IN the story..not just mentioned, if you know what i mean. i have been waiting forever to know about kakashi's past. and yes, this gaiden will be awesome.

John San
Fri, 11-19-2004, 04:41 AM
EXCELLENT Just Freaking good !!

Wanna read the inane version now i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

kAi
Fri, 11-19-2004, 04:55 AM
what do people say for kakashi's age?
i say 14-15., for me i just think he feels more this age.
prob any where between 12-15,

yeah its cool we get to see abit of Yondaime and the way he is, and such, which is awesome!

i think we might see obito get his fully developed sharingan next chapter or one after.

Crows_Kill
Fri, 11-19-2004, 09:47 PM
Good chapter. We were all begging for backstory on kakashi, and now we are finally getting it! Woot!
Its looks like they model every single team on the 1 brooding talented ninja, whiney female ninja, and 1 deliquent yet determined ninja formula.
Cant wait for the rest.
Anyone else think that the gaiden here will evemtually tie in to the normal plot line? Kishimoto loves him some flasgbacks, but its always been about how the past events shape the current decisions the characters make. I'm betting its going to play out that kakashis past will greatly determine how he responds to the fact sasuke went over to oro's side. Whi know, he just might try to bring him back himself, seeing in sasuke the friend and comrade he lost in obito, or he may try to take him out, knowing just how powerful a sharungan in the control of oro may be.
Either way, its going to be something to see.

Raven
Fri, 11-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Inane's version is out. Grab it at Narutofan.

Kai: He'd have to be 16, seeing Inane's version says it's 10 years in the past, and he's 26 in the current day. Not sure if it measures up to what they've said about his ages when he goes up ranks though.

raijin
Fri, 11-19-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
Kai: He'd have to be 16, seeing Inane's version says it's 10 years in the past, and he's 26 in the current day. Not sure if it measures up to what they've said about his ages when he goes up ranks though.
Actually, Kakashi's age in chapter 239 is still a mystery. Chapter 239 actually takes place more than 10 years ago. The translation should be "Now, more than ten years ago--------"

It seems that the translator just used "around" rather than more. Instead of using juunen for 10 years, juusuunen is used. Juusuunen basically means "10 + a couple years".

Also, Sarutobi already mentioned that Yondaime died 13 years ago, so 10 years ago, Yondaime would have still been dead.

Reason
Fri, 11-19-2004, 10:18 PM
Comments on the chapter: Damn good, i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Anyways, I forsee the reason Yondiame was choosen as the next Hokage Candidate appearing in this side-story, either that or we will see why he was given the title. This definately has been a long time coming, and will probably lead into the Akatsuki arc coming and the "time jumps"

- Reason -

Mut
Fri, 11-19-2004, 10:21 PM
i have a gut feeling that kakashi is 12... so, this is 14 years ago.

Paulyboy
Fri, 11-19-2004, 10:32 PM
Dude I wanna know more!, But in the manga it says 10 years ago or whatever. Man i know kakashi takes that sharingan from that boy, I just know it

Mr.X
Fri, 11-19-2004, 11:12 PM
ok. it seems that Obito has not awakened his sharingan yet. So if Kakashi actually gets it from him, Obito would have to improve super fast right? Or could Kakashi get the sharingan premature and develop the 3 commas himself?

TheAwesomeChow
Fri, 11-19-2004, 11:30 PM
correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it stated that chidori was only meant for sharingan users? But here we have Kakashi (pre-op) trying out his new jutsu for the first time.

itchy butt
Fri, 11-19-2004, 11:32 PM
i think kakashi gets his sharingan from obito as the gift that he was supposed to give kakashi when he became a jounin. it can only explain the strong bond between them.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 11-19-2004, 11:40 PM
Grrr I'm angry. I was hoping we would get Kakashi gaiden and naruto separatly. What ever I'm still happy to see Kakashi's backstory. Wonder if the female ninja is sakura's mother. My guess is probably not.

Hey WTF is going on. Gotwoot was down for like two weeks. Whats the deal with that? Is gotwoot only online on the weekends? Are the serves brought down because no one's paying the bills?

xtort
Fri, 11-19-2004, 11:52 PM
Hah, it's fitting that in this, Mutata and I agree fully. Kakashi = supar badass.

I've been waiting a long time for the goods on Kakashi, as has everyone else, and I'd wait a long time for the story to continue if his past will be fleshed out, along, possibly, with the 4th's past, and further, HIS FREAKING NAME.

-xtortout

PS I like commas. Thank you.

Mut
Sat, 11-20-2004, 12:20 AM
i think this is what'll happen:

kakashi right now, as all of you can see, is a pretty cocky. but obito's influence will turn him into the bigger badass that he is now. i think kakashi will screw up this situation, his chidori won't even be put to use effectively and he'll just mess everything up having yondaime (maybe even obito) save his ass later. i don't think there is another way to go about what kakashi has said about chidori and sharingan other than kakashi not being able to use chidori effectively, thus proving that without sharingan chidori isn't effective.

=/

btw, detroit fans are bunch of pussy ass losers.

EDIT:

i forgot to add this... i bet yondaime could wipe out an entire village by himself. he just looks so powerful. i can feel his power.

einbreaker
Sat, 11-20-2004, 12:35 AM
yeah i figure obito whips out the full sharingan trying to save kakashi. or this arc is gonna be a little bit longer than i thought.

kAi
Sat, 11-20-2004, 12:38 AM
you can use the chidori without the sharingan its just more effective with it.

it seems the enemy know who yondaime is, as there scared when they see him.

i dont exactly think obito would give someone his eye for no reason.
obito would have known he was dying then says to kakashi to take his eye after kakashi looses an eye. thats what i think is going to happen.
but will probably say afterwards that its his present to kakashi for making jounin.

Stoopider
Sat, 11-20-2004, 12:47 AM
I hope this Gaiden wouldn't be like 5 chapters long. Kinda hoping it'll be as long as one whole arc. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

I bet this mission where the Yondaime takes on the front line of nearly a thousand ninja's, and defeating them would be the mission where Yondaime gets noticed and elected as the next Hokage.

I somehow see this mission, Kakashi is definitely going to screw up somehow. It's too convenient for the mission to run 'smoothly'.

I think the girl 'rin' would die, same with Obito. Because Kakashi had said that everybody that meant something to him is already dead.

yvliew
Sat, 11-20-2004, 12:48 AM
Inane translation sux big time..... I read the chinese....there's really so much difference..inane made up some sentense themself...

hopeknight
Sat, 11-20-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by: yvliew
Inane translation sux big time..... I read the chinese....there's really so much difference..inane made up some sentense themself...

You read the chinese? Umm, there is the possibility they messed with the translation too. The only concrete evidence you can use to say someone messed up with the translation is with the original japanese manga.

Stoopider
Sat, 11-20-2004, 01:25 AM
It's not the translation sucks, it's rather Inane is translating it too accurately. Like the "keep away from me" when Kakashi does his chidori, in english we woud rather say "Oh shit, if that thing hits me, I'm screwed, better get some distance"

Lefty
Sat, 11-20-2004, 01:40 AM
Yeah but you don't want people going to town on the translation either.

tensai
Sat, 11-20-2004, 03:39 AM
wow, great chapter (i finally decided to read the manga)

kakashi acting all badass and the follow the rules thing
obito doesnt even have his sharingan, i think it should take a while before he develops the sharingan fully though (i could be wrong)

what was obito running from in the first part, he said hed get killed or something
then he mentioned that old lady thingy (seemed like a lie to me though) maybe well find out later on

yondaime isnt hokage yet right?
but it seems that he is already famous/powerful as a shinobi to be recognized by the stone nin

rin and obito dying in this mission is a possibility, but rin seemed like a medical type nin because she gave kakashi the med bag, kakashi surviving could have been because of this medical bag
maybe obito gets cocky and tries to be better than his teammates -> obito tries to take on the enemy himself or without the order of his new team leader -> obito dies/close to dying -> kakashi loses his left eye -> obito offers his sharingan as a present to kakashi because he didnt give him a present when he became jounin -> rin does the eye surgery -> somehow rin dies.....

kAi
Sat, 11-20-2004, 03:47 AM
Obito was just late, and he said that he would be killed, as a figure of speech.
Yondaime is a jounin now.

Elite Hentai
Sat, 11-20-2004, 12:56 PM
This chapter owned so much. It kicked butt. Best. Chapter. Ever.

Stoopider
Sat, 11-20-2004, 12:58 PM
I hope they don't die in "THIS" mission.

I would prefer if it's something more drastic, like a full on hundred+ ninja battle.

At least we would get to see the *Chouji-Ino-shika* parents team in their prime, and the other Jounins, Sannins and even the Hokage. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Arog
Sat, 11-20-2004, 01:00 PM
um i think yondaime was always a jounin kakashi became a jounin though (thats up to kai there)

Souryusen
Sat, 11-20-2004, 01:02 PM
Oh man... Kakashi's gonna fuck something up and then Yondaime is gonna hafta flex.... and shit will be ruined.

Elite Hentai
Sat, 11-20-2004, 01:14 PM
OMG. I just noticed we're gonna see the 3th Hokage, Jiraiya, Orochimaru and Tsunade when they are all 10 years younger and Oro is good.....i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

originalkrn
Sat, 11-20-2004, 01:31 PM
wasnt it stated somewhere very breifly that kakashi became jounin at age 9?

Assertn
Sat, 11-20-2004, 01:44 PM
wtf....i thought kage bunshin was a konoha jutsu

Konohamaru
Sat, 11-20-2004, 01:57 PM
Who0o Kakashi Gaiden is kinda cool now, we finally get to see Obito who's a Uchiha. We also got to see the 4th hokage, woooo!

Hmm, this is my theory on how he will get the sharingan. Remember, just a theory so don't flame me:

I reckon somewhere in the episodes, we will see the team of Kakashi and Obito being cornered by a high level ninja. This high level ninja captures someone and is told to kill Obito or he'll kill the hostage *note I didn't mention the 4th... cos well yah, he'll trash this guy in a second and he's off to distract the guys on the bridge*. This is the same situation as what Kakashi put his current team as a test if u remember back in the early days in the exam. Kill naruto or I'll kill sasuke thing. Cept for Kakashi at this point actually kills obito thinking the ninja will release the hostage but instead gets killed. They have a fight and Kakashi gets his eye cut or whatever. Then we magically find out that kakashi is a half blooded Uchiha and because he killed Obito, his close friend he gets half a sharingan! I mean c'mon, what person would cut out a dead friends eye and stick it in his head?! thats insane and gross at the same time. Not to mention crazy.

Well thats my theory anyway. Also, he uses the chidori for the first time in the end of this chapter. Isn't it he can use the chidori but if he doesn't hit anything his chakra depletes straight away and dies. He needs the sharingan to predict where the opponant will move next so he can accurately hit them to some extent?

Elite Hentai
Sat, 11-20-2004, 02:17 PM
Kakashi isn't an Uchiha. That's why he can't get a mangekyou sharingan.

Knives122
Sat, 11-20-2004, 02:41 PM
(good to see the forums back up again) Its good to finally learn something kakshi's team, and Im amazed that he's a jounin and seeing him use chidori was suprising, on the other hand seeing the 4th wasnt that suprising(knowing that they would probably show Kakashi as a kid I knew that they would show him), and its pretty apparent that every team IMO is almost exactly alike(dont feel like going into it)

Terracosmo
Sat, 11-20-2004, 04:34 PM
Again, wow. This is so damn good. I haven't liked Naruto this much since back during the days when I read the chuunin exam in the manga.

Gods_Son
Sat, 11-20-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by: Konohamaru
Who0o Kakashi Gaiden is kinda cool now, we finally get to see Obito who's a Uchiha. We also got to see the 4th hokage, woooo!

Hmm, this is my theory on how he will get the sharingan. Remember, just a theory so don't flame me:

I reckon somewhere in the episodes, we will see the team of Kakashi and Obito being cornered by a high level ninja. This high level ninja captures someone and is told to kill Obito or he'll kill the hostage *note I didn't mention the 4th... cos well yah, he'll trash this guy in a second and he's off to distract the guys on the bridge*. This is the same situation as what Kakashi put his current team as a test if u remember back in the early days in the exam. Kill naruto or I'll kill sasuke thing. Cept for Kakashi at this point actually kills obito thinking the ninja will release the hostage but instead gets killed. They have a fight and Kakashi gets his eye cut or whatever. Then we magically find out that kakashi is a half blooded Uchiha and because he killed Obito, his close friend he gets half a sharingan! I mean c'mon, what person would cut out a dead friends eye and stick it in his head?! thats insane and gross at the same time. Not to mention crazy.

Well thats my theory anyway. Also, he uses the chidori for the first time in the end of this chapter. Isn't it he can use the chidori but if he doesn't hit anything his chakra depletes straight away and dies. He needs the sharingan to predict where the opponant will move next so he can accurately hit them to some extent?

Even if it's just a theory. It's completely wrong and stupid.

Terracosmo
Sat, 11-20-2004, 05:03 PM
Konohamaru ruined his theory with the Kakashi-is-an-Uchiha thing.

Cion
Sat, 11-20-2004, 06:50 PM
OMG. I just noticed we're gonna see the 3th Hokage, Jiraiya, Orochimaru and Tsunade when they are all 10 years younger and Oro is good.....

Oro good defies all logic i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

PSJ
Sat, 11-20-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by: basey_69
i like the way kakashi says u must be punctual, but later on he uses the same kind of excuses obito uses

i guess thats his weird way of remembering obito aside from the sharingan of course cause its obvious that he will get it from obito. kakashi seems like an arrogant prick to me. "so you didnt get me anyhting" "i AM a jounin now afterall" etc. etc. acting to high and mighty, i dont like that kind of thing. but this sure is cool, kakashi gaiden kicks ass, and i want to know yondaimes name :'(

Jman
Sat, 11-20-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by: Konohamaru

How bout NO.
sorry but Kakashi isn't an Uchiha, half blooded or otherwise.

Konohamaru
Sat, 11-20-2004, 08:06 PM
I didn't say he was a proper uchiha. I only said "Then we magically find out that kakashi is a half blooded Uchiha". From here onwards, I was telling it as a joke. Magically being the main word in that sentence. Just like the lil suprise in star wars that Vader was lukes father. My theory was somewhat a joke anyway. Tho the part where I mentioned about the tough situation he was in; I'm sticking to that still. The part where he has to make a choice. whether to kill obito or whatever may happen along these lines.

Gods_Son
Sat, 11-20-2004, 08:35 PM
If you have to explain that it was a joke after you tell it, then you shouldn't bother trying to be funny. The tough situation part may come up, but I doubt that Kakashi would kill Obito just to save some random hostage. That's just dumb.

Boogster
Sat, 11-20-2004, 08:37 PM
Amazing chapter. Noone expected a quick whizz through the past.

Kakashi has always been my favourite character; I'm really looking forward to this.

PS. It's amusing to see Mutato laud Kakashi's badass-ness. More bad-ass than Itachi?

PPS. Has half of the forum disappeared, or is it just me?

hornetmike
Sat, 11-20-2004, 08:49 PM
Well, it's great that the forums is finally back online.

Now about the chapter; that was amazing. kakashi is definetely bad ass. Also i guess he wasn't kidding when he said he and sasuke are alike. We get to see obito and rin and most of all the 4th. Hopefully we learn his name. and maybe if were really lucky, we might find out when he started reading the dirty books.

Terracosmo
Sat, 11-20-2004, 08:59 PM
I bet Yondaime is a perv as well.

JusDaMan
Sat, 11-20-2004, 09:09 PM
My prediction/theory....

(chapter 249) Kakashi goes after the rock ninja then messes up some how and in some how obito and rin gets captured. kakashi and yondaime goes after and rescues them. (250) but ofcorse on the way they go back to konoha to stock up on medicine (from tsunade)? and yondaime asks jiraiya for advice on wat to do(just for the sake of us seeing him 10 years ago). (251) and then requests the 3rd that he go out of the fire country. once they leave they find rin and obito. u see rin getting torchered... (maybe some S&M? naw). obito got his ass beat outta him. then obito snapped and simoutanisly activates Fully developed non mangekyou sharingans in 1st try. (252) kakashi and the 4th arrives and kick ass... but sadly rin and obito is beatened badly. bloody and everything. but with obito's sharingan activated.(253) he says "kakashi! i am about to die! please take my left eye as ur jounin gift. it will help u etc etc" So kakashi does a surgery and gets sharingan. yondaime gets really really pissed off and kakashi is pissed off too... they go and just Wild out on the whole rock ninja camp site. (254-255) they get back to konoha and 3rd is like. yondaime you did good. u stopped their forces and etc etc etc. now wif orochimaru comming through. 3rd: "I now have an announcement. I have chosen UZUMAKI NARUTO SR. " orochimaru got pissed off and left konoha and there we go...

Cion
Sat, 11-20-2004, 11:42 PM
Hmm maybe the secret to be a Hokage is to be a Pervert and
in the womans case a extreme gamber.

kAi
Sun, 11-21-2004, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by: Arog
um i think yondaime was always a jounin kakashi became a jounin though (thats up to kai there)

i was meaning in the timeline now that he is a jounin, and not hokage.
not that he just recieved jounin status.

Hmm maybe the secret to be a Hokage is to be a Pervert and
in the womans case a extreme gamber.
and is there something wrong with that?

dragon608608
Sun, 11-21-2004, 02:10 AM
THIS CHAPTER, TO ME, DOESN'T MAKE SENSE AT ALL. WE ALL KNOW THAT 12 YEARS AGO THE FORTH DIED TO SEAL THE NINE TAIL WITH IN NARUTO. AND THIS CHAPTER TAKE PLACE AT 10 YEARS AGO????? THE FORTH DIE AFTER SEAL NINE TAIL THEN ALIVE AGAIN TO DIED AGAIN LATER??? THIS DOESN'T MAKE ANY LOGIC AT ALL

tensai
Sun, 11-21-2004, 02:24 AM
this chapter mentioned that it was around ten years ago, so its probably farther back
it didnt really give the exact date of when this happened

lee0539
Sun, 11-21-2004, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by: dragon608608
THIS CHAPTER, TO ME, DOESN'T MAKE SENSE AT ALL. WE ALL KNOW THAT 12 YEARS AGO THE FORTH DIED TO SEAL THE NINE TAIL WITH IN NARUTO. AND THIS CHAPTER TAKE PLACE AT 10 YEARS AGO????? THE FORTH DIE AFTER SEAL NINE TAIL THEN ALIVE AGAIN TO DIED AGAIN LATER??? THIS DOESN'T MAKE ANY LOGIC AT ALL

first of all dont use all caps

second it was already mentioned that this is probably 10 + couple years.. i'm guessing 13-14 years ago.. i dont think this gaiden will take any longer then 1 year... and probably its 1 year later kyubi shows up and gets sealed into naruto

kAi
Sun, 11-21-2004, 03:06 AM
well its has to be more than 12 years.
kyubi hasnt attacked yet.
and i reckon add a few more years...

Assertn
Sun, 11-21-2004, 03:15 AM
no no no, nobody is gonna get captured or killed just yet......it would be way too sudden
and obito still has to develop the sharingan first

I assume kakashi is gonna succeed at what he's gonna do, just to fuel his cockyness to make the dramatic deaths of his teammates all the more significant

viciousHyuuga
Sun, 11-21-2004, 04:01 AM
this is mega - kool, i wouldnt say kakashi is cocky his just more aware like sasuke, they are at war remember, an obito is more easy going just like naruto, rin seems to have a crush on kakashi =). now i see why tsunada found it funny that the 3rd teamedup the gounins the way he did. so they grow up an build bonds the same way the greats did, =)

Hatake Kakashi
Sun, 11-21-2004, 04:27 AM
I am now convinced that Obito is the head of Akatsuki, but only time will tell.

It's weird, it seems that their are only a few types of relationships and characters in this story. The bumbling idiot who isn't that gifted and the cool genius kid. Then the girl that likes the cool genius kid..

Oh well, I figured Obito was an Uchiha from the get go, so no surprises here. I'd like to learn a bit more about Rin though, maybe she is Sakura's mom.

Oh and it seems like during wartime the field ninja's don't have to wear Chuunin vests...I guess that makes sense, no use telling the enemy what your rank is.

Yondaime can do it, since according to him he is going to engange an entire army in the next few chapters.

Kakashi, a Jounin at what...11? That rocks.

I wonder if little Gai is going to show up soon along with the other Jounin.

We should also learn what relationship the 3rd Hokage has to Asuma...

I think that Kakashi's death is now a sure thing. He'll go out in a good way though I think. Probably saving Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, or the entire village like the 4th did..

kAi
Sun, 11-21-2004, 04:41 AM
i doubt rin is sakura's mum, its the age thing that has me.

Hatake Kakashi
Sun, 11-21-2004, 04:44 AM
Yeah that's true. I guess Sakura's mom would have to be someone that is around the same age as the 4th...

I wish those kids would call him by his name...his whole name. But they will most likely call him his first name -san.

IE Arashi-san. Which means storm..Uzumaki Arashi could mean Spiraling Storm as many have hypthesized is the case.

Himura_san
Sun, 11-21-2004, 05:00 AM
My guess is that Kakashi is around Naruto's age(12) in this chapter. This is because the 4th is not hokage yet and they all resemble team 7 which also formed during at that age or so. I am also guessing/hoping that this story ties into the next arc and not just fanservice for all the Kakashi/4th fangirsl that wet themselves at this stuff.

P.S. It's nice to see the 4th in action! ;p

Arog
Sun, 11-21-2004, 08:26 PM
i think kakashi is a bit older than naruto because he would have to become chuunin before jounin and its not like he can do that so fast. maybe the team was formed earlier? and they are all chuunins except for kakashi who is a jounin

kAi
Sun, 11-21-2004, 09:01 PM
no kakashi became a chuunin at like 6 years old.

Mut
Sun, 11-21-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by: Hatake Kakashi
I am now convinced that Obito is the head of Akatsuki, but only time will tell.
this has to be a joke.

I think that Kakashi's death is now a sure thing. He'll go out in a good way though I think. Probably saving Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, or the entire village like the 4th did..
hell no. why would kakashi die, that would be completely stupid.

viciousHyuuga
Sun, 11-21-2004, 09:20 PM
i think they are all chunnins after passing the exams , an just a few months later or a year even the 4th (whos name is im guessing is naruto haha *Joke*) promoted kakashi.

as for obito being the 3rd sharingan user + leader or member of the akatsuki, wouldnt be suprisng. itachi turned evil same as sasuke .. obito wouldnt be an exception, but hard to tell atm, from what i think obito an rin died, with the 4th even?

at this stage orochimaru is still a leaf?

kAi
Sun, 11-21-2004, 09:34 PM
i think they are all chunnins after passing the exams , an just a few months later or a year even the 4th (whos name is im guessing is naruto haha *Joke*) promoted kakashi.
its at least 6 years.

at this stage orochimaru is still a leaf?
i would say he is still a leaf, as i think his reason for leaving was because the fourth became hokage and not him.

Raven
Mon, 11-22-2004, 02:10 AM
Am I correct when I say people are actually thinking Obito is still alive? Have you forgotten that Kakashi is constantly visiting his grave?

Mut
Mon, 11-22-2004, 02:24 AM
hahaah that's the same thought that went through my mind after i read hatake kakashi's post.

originalkrn
Mon, 11-22-2004, 02:38 AM
Well here is some sort of theory:

Kakashi is always saying how you shouldnt seek revenge to Sasuke cuz it doesn't bring anything great. Maybe Obito during this mission gains his sharingan and takes all the glory and spotlight from Kakashi and Kakashi gets pissed saying how he is the team leader and how obito should listen to him. Then Obito goes power hungry and starts killing and ends up killing that girl, or someone important to Kakashi. And Obito and Kakashi get into a huge fight and at the end Kakashi hits him with the chidori but his eye gets slashed from a chakra explosion and obito says something like in a sentimental moment " we've been so stupid. I never gave you a gift for being a jounin. Take my eye" . And that is that.

Or the somewhat better theory:

On the mission, kakashi fails - some really powerful guy attacks them and kakashi watches as his comrades are being killed and kakashi fights this guy , and in the battle, gets his eye slashed, and right befoer kakashi is about to die, yodaime comes and this guy runs off for survival, but yodaime cant chase after him because he must take care of kakashi. Kakashi sees the girl dead(rin is it?) and Obito is barely alive. He also probably got his sharingan in the battle trying to save rin or kakashi. Then Obito says "here take my sharingan eye".

ohpeekaboo
Mon, 11-22-2004, 02:47 AM
i don't think kakashi loses an eye in battle. i think the surgery removes his eye and implants the sharingan (more than likely obito's) eye in him.

and i'm going to venture a guess and say it's a large scale battle/mission in which obito gets killed. it seems cliche for obito to "save" kakashi, not to mention the sheer difference in power right now, it doesn't seem likely except in extreme corniness. maybe more like obito/rin/others getting ambushed in a big fight that could've been prevented had kakashi not been as arrogant.

not to mention, i don't really feel like there's much of a bond between kakashi and obito right now. kakashi talks about him pretty fondly in the future, and right now just having obito be a doofus-turned-sacrificial-hero doesn't cut it for me. there's got to be something more to it...

tensai
Mon, 11-22-2004, 03:14 AM
yeah
obito and kakashi didnt seem too close in this chapter, but then again, naruto and sasuke were rivals and they were bonding, but they barely showed their friendship except for a couple of times

obito probably gains the sharingan and becomes more of a competitve rival to kakashi later on
who really knows how long that would take
i too believe that kakashi doesnt lose his eye in battle, but the scar doesnt seem like it was surgically done, if it was, then their would be much scar left because the stitches would heal it up and disappear

tuggumkee
Mon, 11-22-2004, 03:55 AM
1. Obito Said Develops His sharingan. That does not mean that he doesn't have it at all. I believe he probably has a 3 dot and a 2 dot, or 2 dot 2 dot.

Also Rin is still alive. Remember the Hot girl talking to Kakashi at the memorial, right after the 3rd died.? Ya thats her.

Btw Kakashis so damn badass.

I'm betting this gaidin will only last for this mission.

kAi
Mon, 11-22-2004, 04:01 AM
no i dont think that is run, she doesnt have the fast prints on her.

Masamune
Mon, 11-22-2004, 04:02 AM
Am I correct when I say people are actually thinking Obito is still alive? Have you forgotten that Kakashi is constantly visiting his grave?

Obito isn't actually buried there. There's just his name there. Among like.... a few hundred others?
Unless you're implying there's a mass grave under that stone. I don't think Obito is there.

I have no reason to believe Obito is alive myself.
But just pointing out, That stone is in memorial. Not his grave.

Terracosmo
Mon, 11-22-2004, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by: tuggumkee
Also Rin is still alive. Remember the Hot girl talking to Kakashi at the memorial, right after the 3rd died.? Ya thats her.

Wasn't that Hayate's girl?

Raven
Mon, 11-22-2004, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by: Masamune

Obito isn't actually buried there. There's just his name there. Among like.... a few hundred others?
Unless you're implying there's a mass grave under that stone. I don't think Obito is there.

I have no reason to believe Obito is alive myself.
But just pointing out, That stone is in memorial. Not his grave.
I didn't mean 'grave' literally, my point is that he's dead, hence the grave/memorial. He's not alive as some people seem to be thinking.

Proof, please?

Elite Hentai
Wed, 11-24-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

Wasn't that Hayate's girl?

Kakashi was an anbu, maybe Rin will be too.

Hatake Kakashi
Wed, 11-24-2004, 07:59 PM
Obito most likely is alive, he's the head of Akatsuki, I'm sure of it. Unless he and Kakashi somehow become friends, then I'll say that my theory is wrong. If they still don't get along, or there is some tension..Akatsuki leader=Obito.

Kakashi visits the memorial...not his grave.

Even so, it is just intentional misdirection by Kishimoto.

Obito could very well be alive.

Jman
Wed, 11-24-2004, 09:18 PM
Obito most likely is alive, he's the head of Akatsuki, I'm sure of it. Unless he and Kakashi somehow become friends, then I'll say that my theory is wrong. If they still don't get along, or there is some tension..Akatsuki leader=Obito.

Kakashi visits the memorial...not his grave.

Even so, it is just intentional misdirection by Kishimoto.

Obito could very well be alive.

Obito Akatsuki leader?!? Here we go again.
Just realized you were the one who also said \/

The last guy on the page of 238 has Sharingan eyes...maybe Kakashi can secretly do two eyes, but just hasn't shown it yet. He's the leader of Akatsuki and his whole fight with Kisame and Itachi was just a set up to draw out Jiraiya and Naruto.

I dunno it's a long shot.

How absurd.

Raven
Wed, 11-24-2004, 10:20 PM
Kakashi specifically stated that everyone close to him has died. That would have to include Rin, Obito and the Fourth obviously.

RasenDori
Thu, 11-25-2004, 12:01 AM
man... i like obito already, its a shame hes gonna die. (by the way its good to be back)

Terracosmo
Thu, 11-25-2004, 01:12 AM
Obito is alive, Rin is the ANBU girl...

Damn people, I don't understand how you manage to think up such fucking nonsense!

Lefty
Thu, 11-25-2004, 01:36 AM
Obito is dead, Rin is deas, the fourth is dead. Nuff said. Lets move on to like how kakashi lost his eye and got Obito's, and evetually learned how to use the sharingan.

Hatake Kakashi
Thu, 11-25-2004, 08:51 PM
In five months, I'll be digging up this thread and saying, "I told you so.."

Just because someone thinks that someone is dead...doesn't mean they are.

After all their are three Uchiha alive that have the Sharingan...Itachi, Sasuke.....and Obito.

Mut
Thu, 11-25-2004, 10:10 PM
nah, you won't be. trust me.

Hatake Kakashi
Thu, 11-25-2004, 11:12 PM
Yeah especially when you can just delete it.

Obito is my primary suspect for the Akatsuki leader though now. I think a person of that status..we have to have already seen or heard about.

Nara Tonymaru
Mon, 11-29-2004, 10:33 PM
I think you're a real douche, do you know why they have a memorial and not a grave yard? Because Shinobi bodies are disposed of when they die, hence the massive memorial as opposed to a grave yard, Obito is not alive, he's dead, you're wrong, and on top of that, you're stupid enough to believe otherwise.

Assertn
Mon, 11-29-2004, 10:35 PM
im pretty sure rin has brown hair, while the anbu girl has purple

Gods_Son
Tue, 11-30-2004, 12:42 AM
In five months, I'll be digging up this thread and saying, "I told you so.."

Just because someone thinks that someone is dead...doesn't mean they are.

After all their are three Uchiha alive that have the Sharingan...Itachi, Sasuke.....and Obito.

Enough with your Akatsuki leader theories. Your explanations for them are just a waste of time. Even if you did happen to be right, it still wouldn't matter. It would only be coincidence.

Nara Tonymaru
Wed, 12-01-2004, 02:10 PM
But you won't be right though, just thought I'd make sure you were clear on that one.

G_Spot
Wed, 12-01-2004, 03:18 PM
wow this one chapter was someone interesting as soon as i heard he was an uchiha i thot he would be kicking butt and have all these skills but it turns out he is a little scardy cat like naruto and sasuke is lke kakashi and etc. i really like Yondaime he is soo powerful and cool but ihave i question if yondaime is narutos dad whoes narutos motther?? cause everyone knoes you cant have kids without a female

Assertn
Wed, 12-01-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by: G_Spot
wow this one chapter was someone interesting as soon as i heard he was an uchiha i thot he would be kicking butt and have all these skills but it turns out he is a little scardy cat like naruto and sasuke is lke kakashi and etc. i really like Yondaime he is soo powerful and cool but ihave i question if yondaime is narutos dad whoes narutos motther?? cause everyone knoes you cant have kids without a female

i dunno you tell us "G_Spot", you must be the expert on that subject i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Mut
Wed, 12-01-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by: G_Spot
i really like Yondaime he is soo powerful and cool but ihave i question if yondaime is narutos dad whoes narutos motther?? cause everyone knoes you cant have kids without a female
today is AIDs awareness day, not 'make up random shit' day.

originalkrn
Wed, 12-01-2004, 11:34 PM
Obito being the akatsuki leader wouldnt be THAT far of a stretch because :

1. the sillouette of the leader on the last page of 238 does somehwat look like Obito with his hair and "sharingan" eyes.
2. Kishimoto intentionally had a Kakashi Gaiden at this time to introduce a past character and at the same time add character and emotion to the akatsuki leader - Obito.
3. Obito could have killed Rin to get Mange Sharingan and ran away - whom Kakashi later seeks for revenge.

Why it would be so far of a stretch :
1. Kakashi clearly states all his loved ones are dead many times (which could be because Kakashi kills Obito for revenge and now regrets it - hmmm)
2. Kakashi visits Obito's memorial quite often - every morning i suppose.
3. How would Kakashi have gotten his Sharingan if not from Obito?

Well - in Kakashi Gaiden - i think there should be a situation where Kakashi has to choose his teammates over the mission success - because that his what happened to his dad, which Kishimoto spent nearly have of an early chapter on. I dont know - im just gonna wait to see what exactly happens.

Jman
Thu, 12-02-2004, 12:17 AM
Yeah especially when you can just delete it.

Obito is my primary suspect for the Akatsuki leader though now. I think a person of that status..we have to have already seen or heard about.

Pfft..what's next, you gonna tell us that Akamaru's a chuunin?

seriously stop with the obito = akatsuki leader posts. First you said
---------------------------------
The last guy on the page of 238 has Sharingan eyes...maybe Kakashi can secretly do two eyes, but just hasn't shown it yet. He's the leader of Akatsuki and his whole fight with Kisame and Itachi was just a set up to draw out Jiraiya and Naruto.

I dunno it's a long shot.
---------------------------------

now u change ur theory using obito.

lee0539
Thu, 12-02-2004, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by: originalkrn
Obito being the akatsuki leader wouldnt be THAT far of a stretch because :

1. the sillouette of the leader on the last page of 238 does somehwat look like Obito with his hair and "sharingan" eyes.
2. Kishimoto intentionally had a Kakashi Gaiden at this time to introduce a past character and at the same time add character and emotion to the akatsuki leader - Obito.
3. Obito could have killed Rin to get Mange Sharingan and ran away - whom Kakashi later seeks for revenge.

Why it would be so far of a stretch :
1. Kakashi clearly states all his loved ones are dead many times (which could be because Kakashi kills Obito for revenge and now regrets it - hmmm)
2. Kakashi visits Obito's memorial quite often - every morning i suppose.
3. How would Kakashi have gotten his Sharingan if not from Obito?

Well - in Kakashi Gaiden - i think there should be a situation where Kakashi has to choose his teammates over the mission success - because that his what happened to his dad, which Kishimoto spent nearly have of an early chapter on. I dont know - im just gonna wait to see what exactly happens.

i dunno if its because kakashi kills obito.. i bet its because he follows rules cuz he despised what his dad did so everyone else gets killed. that's why he regrets having doubted his father and being the reason why obito got killed because he needed to compete the mission. that's how i see it going.

kAi
Thu, 12-02-2004, 02:35 AM
kakashi's father saves his companions. and kakashi will most likely go with the mission,
and then rin and obito get severly hurt and/or killed.

there is no real way to do this, but it is said that mission comes before everything.
then you human side telling you its companions before mission.
hard choice.

but i think this decision might be a little bit away from now.

Raven
Thu, 12-02-2004, 07:05 AM
That's it, Kakashi's father is the leader of Akatsuki, it's a dead set fact. Just ignore the minor detail that Yondaime said he was dead, because he was obviously lying.