PDA

View Full Version : Advice?

aznxcp4lyfez
Sun, 11-14-2004, 03:17 PM
i need new anime!
i like .hack//sign .hack//dusk get backers naruto full metal alchemist bleach
but right now is there any good animes out like the full series because i hate waiting for the next ep of bleach and naruto to come out every week

Elite Hentai
Sun, 11-14-2004, 03:52 PM
One word: GTO (yes it is a word)

Death BOO Z
Sun, 11-14-2004, 03:59 PM
go here
http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=8584&enterthread= y

and get a real nickname.

Edit: Board_of_command, we're not friends anymore... well, it's not like we were ever friends, it's just an exspression that meant to say that I completly disagree with you and i believe you're an idiot. no hard feelings.

Board of Command
Sun, 11-14-2004, 04:13 PM
Trigun is alright. Watch Gundam SEED if you haven't. Rurouni Kenshin if you haven't yet.

I strongly suggest you don't get Berserk, despite its absurdly high rating. I just spent the past 2 days watching it and it turned out real bad. It sucks so much that you just gotta watch it to know, but don't. Take my word for it, it sucks like no other (maybe Pokemon or DBZ).

Cyrano
Sun, 11-14-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
Trigun is alright. Watch Gundam SEED if you haven't. Rurouni Kenshin if you haven't yet.

I strongly suggest you don't get Berserk, despite its absurdly high rating. I just spent the past 2 days watching it and it turned out real bad. It sucks so much that you just gotta watch it to know, but don't. Take my word for it, it sucks like no other (maybe Pokemon or DBZ).

What ???

Do you realise you're bashing a masterpiece here ? Gutts "band of the Hawks" story arc is one of the greatest story ever told in anime. All characters are well defined, the story is deep and engrossing, the music is superb and the animation... well, the animation sucks.

Comparing Berserk to Pokemon or DBZ is pure blasphemy.

Munsu
Sun, 11-14-2004, 05:12 PM
One Piece, Hunter x Hunter should be right up your alley...

Board of Command
Sun, 11-14-2004, 05:12 PM
You're referring to the flashback of the story. It's so different from Epi 1 and 24-25 that they shouldn't have even included those episodes. The transition from medieval to demonic is so damn sudden that it makes no sense. The story leaves too many unresolved issues. They could have at least explained what the hell a Behelit is, or how Guts turned out to be the sole survivor.

They must have ran out of money on their budget or something.

Mut
Sun, 11-14-2004, 05:14 PM
Berserk anime isn't really THAT good unless you've read the manga. But if you like mangas, read Berserk. it is the best one in my opinion.

Board of Command
Sun, 11-14-2004, 05:17 PM
Berserk the anime feels like an advertisement for the manga.

Cyrano
Sun, 11-14-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
You're referring to the flashback of the story. It's so different from Epi 1 and 24-25 that they shouldn't have even included those episodes. The transition from medieval to demonic is so damn sudden that it makes no sense. The story leaves too many unresolved issues. They could have at least explained what the hell a Behelit is, or how Guts turned out to be the sole survivor.

They must have ran out of money on their budget or something.

Now you're being constructive i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

I agree with you with the last two episodes, it's sudden and very unexpected. For one to understand it, it's imperative to read to manga. So, in that sense, i understant why you feel it's like an advertisement for the manga.

I guess this was necessary for the story to fit in a 25 eps format with no sequel in mind. Imagine what could have been done with a long term view and a FMA level budget i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif This anime deserved that.

Elite Hentai
Sun, 11-14-2004, 05:40 PM
I guess BOARD_of_command could be nominated for GW Survivor 3. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Board of Command
Sun, 11-14-2004, 06:31 PM
Thanks, I'd be honored.

Deblas
Sun, 11-28-2004, 01:46 PM
these have been some of my all time favorites: Cowboy Bebop, Gundam seed, Trigun,Samurai x even though its more like movies, Envangelion, Outlaw Star, Tenchi Muyo, witch hunter robin

Himura_san
Sun, 11-28-2004, 02:33 PM
I agree Berserk anime is a letdown next to the manga, the anime is not even complete and it gets praised. However I would not compare it to shit like Pokemon or NOIR.

Anyway, back OT get Hajime no Ippo, Hunter X Hunter and Samurai Champloo.

Gods_Son
Sun, 11-28-2004, 04:39 PM
Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, and Gungrave.

Nara Shikamaru VI
Mon, 11-29-2004, 09:34 AM
start downloading One Piece. dont let the number of episode fool ya. it's damn worth it.