PDA

View Full Version : Tsunade's bad decision.

CapsuleCorpJX
Mon, 11-08-2004, 12:27 AM
Why would any leader in their right mind gennins in what I consider to be a super A rank mission. Failure of the mission would mean that Orochimaru (konoha's greatest threat) would get the Sharingan).

Any normal leader would see in a second that this mission is too important to place in the hands of gennin, no matter how short handed on jounins they are.

What was Tsuande doing anyway? I'm sure she could have left the administration of the village to the elders, and gone after Sasuke herself.

Shikamaru's team is incredibly fortunate to be alive, let alone be able to drag an unwilling and powerful traitor home.

I think Kishimoto allowed this lapse in judgement to happen just so we could see the gennin team in action, and to advance the plot.

Mut
Mon, 11-08-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by: CapsuleCorpJX
I think Kishimoto allowed this lapse in judgement to happen just so we could see the gennin team in action, and to advance the plot.
no shit.

and there is no way the hokage would leave the village and go on a mission herself, she isn't suppose to do that cuz some weird crap could come up and the village would need her to make decisions.

Assertn
Mon, 11-08-2004, 02:01 AM
shikamaru requested a team of jounins and chuunins, and she said it couldnt be done

its not like it was a matter taken lightly or anything

PSJ
Sun, 11-14-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by: CapsuleCorpJX

if you knew this then why post something like this in the first place, i just have to say this... this is just stupid.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 11-14-2004, 03:39 PM
Tsunade didn't know about the sound 4, all she knew was what Sakura told her, and Sakura only saw Sasuke...

and Tsunade herself was supposdly operating on Lee at that time....

Assertn
Sun, 11-14-2004, 05:39 PM
no.....she knew that there were people from sound involved, because she mission briefed shikamaru, and shikamaru knew that there would be enemies

which also explains why she had the sand bring reinforcements

Suzu
Sun, 11-14-2004, 07:44 PM
I think it was a good decision, tactically. Why send vauable jounins and chuunins to save one measley gennin? All the igood ninja's were on mission, even iruka had to cancel some of his classes and such. If she sent kakashi after sasuke it would be totally irresponsible. And Orochimaru having the sharingan is pretty bad but there's already a villian with a sharingan (Itachi) who is arguably better than orochimaru so its not a death sentence. Secondly Sasuke chose to leave, it's his decision. Also, the hokage should never leave the village, especially when its in the state its in, the strongest ninja in the village should be at home base in case stuff happens. If all the good ninja's are on mission and the hokage steps out to find sasuke then the village s left defenseless. It was a good decision to send the gennin team(the original 5 plus the 3 sand) because they are not as valuable as higher ranked ninja's so their loss wouldnt be great even if the mission was fatal.

Ryllharu
Sun, 11-14-2004, 11:17 PM
Tsunade says it herself when Shikamaru asks for jounins and chunnins (or maybe its implied with all the shortages mentioned in earlier chapters, I'm not looking something this obvious up) there WEREN'T any others around, all Shikamaru has to work with are genin. Everyone else but genin were on a mission somewhere or another.

It's not a matter of who can be sacrificed or not, its called labor shortage.

This answer to this topic is pretty obvious if you read the chapters.

Himura_san
Sun, 11-14-2004, 11:33 PM
My opinion is that it's part of her personality she likes to take risks after all she is a known gambler and that's what Kishimoto shows us. Aside from this as people have said there was not enough jounins available during that time.

viciousHyuuga
Mon, 11-15-2004, 01:08 AM
but i aint you glad she did, if she didnt, no sasuke lvl3 sharingan or super saiyan naruto *joke*

+ i think if she could send othr jounin or other chunnins she would of. the people she sent know sasgay the best. wouldnt want some jounin mistake sasuke for a sound ninja an accidently kill him .. ( haha like that would happen)

Stoopider
Wed, 11-17-2004, 01:21 AM
Suzu made a good point.

Why send in your best when the gennin's could do it? Plus, to save ONE gennin?

Plus she didn't only send in only the leaf gennins, she send in the sand gennins as well. Thats 8 gennins (excluding Rock Lee)..

Maybe it was a lack of information... but
With talents such as Neji, Naruto, GAARA, Shikamaru as their leader.. I'm sure even Jounnin's would have to think twice before attempting to go into a head on battle.

Plus, it was a chase. Where as time passes on, Sasuke was getting further and further away.

They didn't have time to assemble a Jounnin team. Because all were out doing some other missions.

Terracosmo
Wed, 11-17-2004, 02:04 AM
The topic author is right.
It IS fucking stupid. That is a fact.

However, fucking stupid things are needed occasionally to advance the plot.
*COUGH* MYSTERIOUS UPPERCUT FROM NOWHERE HITTING NEJI EVEN THOUGH HE WAS CLEARLY SUPERIOR *COUGH*
FUCKING WORST FIGHT OUTCOME EVER *COUGH*

Himura_san
Fri, 11-19-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

*COUGH* MYSTERIOUS UPPERCUT FROM NOWHERE HITTING NEJI EVEN THOUGH HE WAS CLEARLY SUPERIOR *COUGH*

The Neji/Naruto outcome was one of the highlights of the story for me. That bitch had it coming a mile away!

Deblas
Sun, 11-28-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

na terra, they were both exhausted. neji could barely walk let alone a uppercut from naruto. we all know that naruto stamina is far greater. thats why he wasn't affected from the attack as much as neji

Terracosmo
Sun, 11-28-2004, 07:00 PM
I doubt Naruto's stamina is greater than the one of the leading Konoha genin, at least not without the help of the plot device fox tail powers. He took sooo much damage. If Neji did that damage on anyone else, he'd lose. There's nothing you guys can say that applies, the fight's outcome was only to advance the story. And I don't say this as a Neji fanboy, since I didn't like Neji as much back when I read that the first time.

Oh and Himura_san, you're just a Hinata fanboy. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Anyway I'll just drop it there before this goes too off-topic and turns into yet another Neji thread.

Deblas
Sun, 11-28-2004, 07:09 PM
jajaja, good call. youre right we dont need another neji thread i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Zoels
Tue, 11-30-2004, 01:09 AM
deblas is in love with terra

Deblas
Tue, 11-30-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by: Zoels

oooooooookay. i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif you should be nominated for gotwoot survivor

jing
Tue, 11-30-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by: Zoels

Who isn't in love with terra?

Deblas
Tue, 11-30-2004, 08:32 PM
appparantly zoels. still don't understand where that comment came from. but, ITS TRUE i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Assertn
Tue, 11-30-2004, 10:12 PM
alright we dont need another terra love thread i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Deblas
Wed, 12-01-2004, 07:53 PM
TERRA I LOVE YOU!!!

EDIT: sorry, couldnt resist i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Your apology does nothing. Stay on topic.

okay, okay i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Samanosuke
Wed, 12-01-2004, 09:08 PM
^thats pretty short, so i dont know how you messed it up. but that english is horrible.

CapsuleCorpJX
Sat, 12-11-2004, 11:02 AM
Itachi may have the sharingan already, and may be even more powerful then Orochimaru. But his goal isn't the destruction of Konoha.

Orochimaru killed 1/4 of Konoha ninjas with his offensive, thats even with Jiraya's help.
Allowing Orochimaru the oppurtunity to get the Sharingan is extremely foolish.
Sasuke's decision is irrelevent because his decision effects the entire village.

Why can't the Hokage leave the village? She could have secretely gone, and made it appear that she was still in Konoha. But that is your best argument. With the village empty of nin's, it would need a Hokage present to protect it.

So far the best argument I've heard is that every single jounin and chunnin has been sent out. Since time was an issue, they had to send Gennins.

Originally posted by: Suzu
I think it was a good decision, tactically. Why send vauable jounins and chuunins to save one measley gennin? All the igood ninja's were on mission, even iruka had to cancel some of his classes and such. If she sent kakashi after sasuke it would be totally irresponsible. And Orochimaru having the sharingan is pretty bad but there's already a villian with a sharingan (Itachi) who is arguably better than orochimaru so its not a death sentence. Secondly Sasuke chose to leave, it's his decision. Also, the hokage should never leave the village, especially when its in the state its in, the strongest ninja in the village should be at home base in case stuff happens. If all the good ninja's are on mission and the hokage steps out to find sasuke then the village s left defenseless. It was a good decision to send the gennin team(the original 5 plus the 3 sand) because they are not as valuable as higher ranked ninja's so their loss wouldnt be great even if the mission was fatal.