PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 107 Discussion

Gods_Son
Sat, 11-06-2004, 01:55 AM
Good episode.

Eurasian
Sat, 11-06-2004, 02:25 AM
i swear sasuke looked like he was breakdancing fighting naruto's kage bunshins..

DarthEnderX
Sat, 11-06-2004, 02:28 AM
Man, that was fantastiawsome.

I still can't believe only Shikamaru made Chuunin though. I mean, I know he's got "leadership qualities" but jesus, you would think that a rediculous amount of combat ability and bravery and saving the entire village would count for SOMETHING.

tensai
Sat, 11-06-2004, 02:33 AM
yup
pretty good episode

it really did look like sasuke was breakdancing huh
it did seem like sasuke defeated the bunshins too easily though
naruto was kinda getting owned by sasukes speed and taijutsu, punching bag

there were a lot of things going on in this ep, all of them are pretty cool

shikamaru looks cool in his chuunin vest

SeifeR
Sat, 11-06-2004, 02:50 AM
man i really liked this episode. we got to see more of shika's team, theyre one of my fav ninja teams, Ino is really cool.
But the fight was really sweet, Naruto sure was talking a lot of shit. Im glad that Sasuke was bringing the fight to Naruto, he needs this, cant wait for the next episode. Gonna be good.
The best is when Sasuke made that face at Naruto, before he asked him to fight, and his face was all sketched in black, that was pretty crazy.

basey44
Sat, 11-06-2004, 02:55 AM
yay finally the long awaited fight, cant wait for next weeks conclusion i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Board of Command
Sat, 11-06-2004, 03:01 AM
Ok episode, too much useless crap at the beginning though, especially the Chouji part.

Naruto wasn't trying to beat Sasuke with just the clones. They were mainly a diversion to buy time while the real Naruto prepared rasengan. If he wanted to attack he would've just sent them all at once like he usually does, but this time he sends 2 or 3 at a time.

btw it looked really gay when Sasuke was breakdancing all over the place.

Outtawack311
Sat, 11-06-2004, 03:21 AM
Great episode. No tearing this one down. Although I never did understand why the kage bushins are so damn weak all the time. You would think they would land a few hits.

Someonemanr
Sat, 11-06-2004, 03:23 AM
man oh man, such a good episode, I was surprised that the filler was actually kinda interesting, but it's so good to be back to the actual storyline. I was also surprised that the fight between Naruto and Sasuke felt really natural. Like you'd think it'd be really sudden that suddenly Sasuke is all angry and Naruto, but after all that they've been through and after getting his ass handed to him by Itachi and hearing that Itachi was actually after Naruto, it made a lot of sense that Sasuke would be so pissed. Also that Naruto would react the way he did, he was hesitant to fight Sasuke because of the way he was acting, but still he had been wanting to fight him since the chuunin exams, possibly earlier. So yeah, good episode, can't wait to see the next one.

Cal_kashi
Sat, 11-06-2004, 03:58 AM
episode ruled, i wish that the breakdancing scene had been fully animated to be one scene being watched (Matrix style) but i cant imagine the work that that would have taken.
I feel bad for all the Manga folks that new this was coming and have been on pins and needles for months, this was most definetly a pleasant surprise after the last few wks.

Assertn
Sat, 11-06-2004, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder

I still can't believe only Shikamaru made Chuunin though. I mean, I know he's got "leadership qualities" but jesus, you would think that a rediculous amount of combat ability and bravery and saving the entire village would count for SOMETHING.

nobody witnessed naruto and shino's matches out in the forest.....so think of those as "unnofficial"

Cal_kashi: im on pins and needles of what is yet to come i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Mgslee
Sat, 11-06-2004, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by: Cal_kashi
episode ruled, i wish that the breakdancing scene had been fully animated to be one scene being watched (Matrix style) but i cant imagine the work that that would have taken.
I feel bad for all the Manga folks that new this was coming and have been on pins and needles for months, this was most definetly a pleasant surprise after the last few wks.

Great episode. Actually as a Manga reader I wasnt really waiting for this ep, why you ask? Simple cause in the manga its stare down, kage bushin, fire then rasengan / chidori... it was really really short.

The added fight "filler" was awesome, just wish something else was done like more technquies. Naruto henged as a blanket would've been cool and to have Sasuke track it down and punch him or something... I dunno but great ep.

basey44
Sat, 11-06-2004, 04:55 AM
ah henge, no body seems to do that anymore

Krbadass
Sat, 11-06-2004, 04:57 AM
Well, you figure that a kage bunshin is only 1/3 the strength of the original if it uses the same laws as a water clone (mizu bunshin)

DarthEnderX
Sat, 11-06-2004, 04:57 AM
Well, you figure that a kage bunshin is only 1/3 the strength of the original if it uses the same laws as a water clone (mizu bunshin)

I don't believe it does, I think it's been stated that using Kage Bunshin splits your chakra evenly amongst your clones. So the more you make, the weaker they are.

Actually as a Manga reader I wasnt really waiting for this ep, why you ask? Simple cause in the manga its stare down, kage bushin, fire then rasengan / chidori... it was really really short.

Exactly why I don't think I'll ever understand the manga fanboys.

I actually liked the "breakdancing". It almost seemed like Sasuke developed a fighting style specifically to allow him to defeat Kage Bunshin by allowing him to strike out all around him.

In fact, it kinda reminds me alot of the real world martial art Capioera.

Souryusen
Sat, 11-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Any episode with Sakura running headlong into a veritable chakra storm is a great episode. Glad to see that they used the filler eps to fan the flames for Sasuke.

Jman
Sat, 11-06-2004, 08:17 PM
great ep. best part was when sasuke slapped the plate of carefully peeled and sliced apples. sakura got owned i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Board of Command
Sat, 11-06-2004, 08:50 PM
They made the fight much closer than I was expecting. Sasuke was actually landing hits on Naruto, but then again they were using physical combat so that's natural. The ending was nice, when Sasuke's fire breath got owned by rasengan i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

drcitan
Sat, 11-06-2004, 09:06 PM
Everything about this episode kicked ass. Fav part is when naruto and sasuke are running side by side and sasuke punches and kicks naruto toward the gate with the sheet over naruto's body. This fight shows that naruto is getting better and better at using his head rather than head on attacks. They could've added some scruff marks on naruto's face b/c sasuke was "ROY JONESING" his face good. Oh and my second fav part was when sasuke was doing the seals for the blazing fireball tech and block the last kick to naruto rendan with his elbow.

This episode was @%@#$@# GRRRRRRREAT.

Kn1ves
Sat, 11-06-2004, 09:52 PM
waste of my time, i hate filler episodes like this.

Souryusen
Sat, 11-06-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by: Kn1ves
waste of my time, i hate filler episodes like this.

I think you're looking for the 106 discussion thread.

Knives122
Sat, 11-06-2004, 11:14 PM
I actually like the "breakdancing" the first part where he slid his feet across the floor in a circular motion was pretty cool, and the handstand was too. to we cant see sakura die, that would of been nice i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terracosmo
Sun, 11-07-2004, 12:07 AM
That was so fucking good. Character development in the beginning, I LOVE THAT. Those pleasant chill-out moments. It makes the show feel so much more real. And the tension and fight during the later half was awesome aswell. Bring on the hot stuff!

KaneInferno
Sun, 11-07-2004, 12:38 AM
Great episode. Loved it.

Now, I have an idea. Let's just forget this whole filler ever happened and never speak of it again.

Kn1ves
Sun, 11-07-2004, 01:05 AM
/sarcasm

Bakko
Sun, 11-07-2004, 01:06 AM
Shikamaru's a chuunin.
Ino got called skinny.
Lee's getting his surgery.
Sasuke getting even more emo.
Naruto getting hit in the head with a plate.
Sakura getting sad about her apple.

Great episode. As previously stated, I liked how they made positive use of the fillers.

Raposo_C
Sun, 11-07-2004, 01:08 AM
Really good episode, that Katen(I think thats what its called ... the fire storm tech anyway) was really cool and unexpected. The break dancing was sweet, looked alot like Sasuke had been planing ways to counter Kege Bushins and Bushins in general. It was a really cool episode. One of my favorite parts was when Naruto yells out Naruto Combo (last time we saw it was in the Chuunin Exams) and then it just getting beaten with an easy block followed up with Sasuke seal. Really cool fight to watch.

The whole think with Shikamaru was really good aswell, I like how they bring in those small (or sometimes long) parts in the episode where they just sit back and it shows life in general for them. Really well done, can't wait to see the next episode. Though by the look of it, Naruto probably dosen't have rasengen powerful enough to kill, where chidori is a assassin and killing move ... either way its going to be cool. (secretly wonders if Sakura is going to grab the ground with her freakish strength and tear apart the roof screaming hulk smash hulk bash!)

Mookie
Sun, 11-07-2004, 01:28 AM
I love all of the stuff already mentioned about this episode but one thing I really like is the fact that the genins, and Shikamaru, really look like they have grown up a bit.
They just look bigger somehow.
If you want a good comparasin watch episode 55 where Chouji, Asuma, and Shika are at the BBQ place when Sakura and Ino walk by and then watch this ep.
Don't they just look a bit more mature now?
I think so.

Assertn
Sun, 11-07-2004, 02:42 AM

I don't believe it does, I think it's been stated that using Kage Bunshin splits your chakra evenly amongst your clones. So the more you make, the weaker they are.

weaker only in terms of performing jutsus though. Granted this may also affect stamina.....thus they cant fight at naruto's full potential for very long, but i think the idea behind naruto's bunshins being useless against sasuke is cause sasuke is simply a better taijutsu user than naruto is. Naruto mostly focuses only on ninjutsu.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-07-2004, 03:35 AM
Though by the look of it, Naruto probably dosen't have rasengen powerful enough to kill, where chidori is a assassin and killing move

The way I see it is this. Chidori is like a knife. And rasengan is like a baseball bat. The baseball bat is alot "stronger" and will win if it goes head to head with the knife, but the knife can kill you alot easier than the bat.

basey44
Sun, 11-07-2004, 03:39 AM
istn the rasengan more like multiple powered circular saws, i mean didnt it pretty much chew through the trees leaving a big hole, and also when naruto was training it, it left scratch marks all over the place

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-07-2004, 03:56 AM
It's a metaphore....

If you want to get technical, then I suppose Chidori is like a power drill, and Rasengan is like a flaming blender.

A comparison that really fucks up the whole metaphore!

CUE
Sun, 11-07-2004, 04:00 AM
Good episode.

Shikamaru kicks so much ass. He looks awesome in that vest thing.

And naruto's essentially got schooled by sasuke. Though I don't like it how they're equally tired when sasuke obviously landed about twice the hits. I guess naruto has a fuckload more stamina.

HimizujinEternia
Sun, 11-07-2004, 04:07 AM
*sets up defenses all around him*

*wears flame-preventive gear*

*looks around*

I miss the filler arc!

In all seriousness, though, I thought this episode was good. I kinda figured they'd work the straws that continued to break the proverbial camel's back from the filler arc into Sasuke's flashbacking, and they did a good job of that, too.

SeifeR
Sun, 11-07-2004, 04:53 AM
it was really cool when sasuke did the seals then blocked naruto rendan with his elbow, turned around and did his fire blast in mid air. that was cool. sasuke is getting more evil with his facial expressions, soo sweet, cant wait for the next few episodes.

Alu
Sun, 11-07-2004, 01:58 PM
I can see the tons of Chidori v Rasengan threads that will pop up as they did in the manga forum.

Anyway this was a great episode, and most likely the last time we flashback to the filler arc, so i agree we pretend it never happened.

Franggio
Sun, 11-07-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
__________________________________________________ ___________________
btw it looked really gay when Sasuke was breakdancing all over the place.
__________________________________________________ ___________________

according to my superhuman ability to sniff out faults I would say that
it's just normal for Sasuke to do gay things...gah he is just a fucked up
version of the cast of "The Bold and the Beautifull"
as you can see I really hate Sas-gay.

animeniac
Sun, 11-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Good episode. Next week will be awesome

Board of Command
Sun, 11-07-2004, 04:03 PM
I'm pretty sure rasengan is way more powerful than chidori in every way. Didn't Jiraiya say chidori is a waste of time compared to rasengan?

We'll see how it turns out later.

Raposo_C
Sun, 11-07-2004, 04:08 PM
... shit didn't mean to start up a debate on Resegen and Chidori. They both have there ups and downsides. I was just getting to the point that Rasengen has alot more abilities (throwing people like in the filler ... bashing people, cutting down trees) where Chidori has one specilized purpose. Thus when I saw the chidori and rasengen I was like ... Naruto wasn't going in for a kill, just a quick win (well in a sense) and Sasuke just freaken lost it and decided to move in with chidori which is made to kill ... does that make any sense?

Board of Command
Sun, 11-07-2004, 04:27 PM
I'm not debating on anything, I'm stating something since people above me started talking about this again. Oh well, I'll pitch in some more.

I said rasengan is more powerful than chidori, power-wise. Rasengan is also a killing technique, invented by either Jiraiya or the 4th. I'm pretty sure it wasn't designed to cut down trees, it was invented as an all-powerful technique used to kill the enemy ninjas with 1 strike, just like Chidori. Unlike chidori, it's based solely on chakra manipulation, and due to the nature of the technique it looks a lot less threatening than chidori (chidori looks REALLY powerful).

I agree on one thing though. Naruto will most likely use a much weaker version of rasengan against Sasuke because a fullpower rasengan (the one against Kabuto) would kill Sasuke instantly. I don't think Sasuke can control the power of chidori even if he wanted to hold back, due to the nature of the technique.

Cal_kashi
Sun, 11-07-2004, 04:32 PM
bam!... and we have a winner

Darthmoe
Sun, 11-07-2004, 06:07 PM
the funniest part is when you hear naruto say "SAKURA-CHAN" behind the doors. It sounds really funny. and the part where Sakura's apples get owned by Sasuke's feet.

Raposo_C
Sun, 11-07-2004, 07:57 PM
Lol, true darthmoe ... oh and BoardOfCommand, I was only saying that because I saw a bunch of other debates before on this subject and I didn't want the head ache of reading threw it again. And I didn't want to be the one responcible for it because generally it becomes a matter of preference and opinion. *Shrug* I agree with you though, I do believe Chidori can't be controled worth a damn while Rasengen can be, I just thought Rasengens use was more practical you can apply it in alot of situations .... anyway babbiling - shutting up now.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 11-07-2004, 08:15 PM
Yea shouldn't Naruto still lose.. I mean Sasuke is just gonna dodge the Rasengan thanks to his Sharingan...

basey44
Sun, 11-07-2004, 08:20 PM
i doesnt matter how good sasuke dodgin ability is, u cant change direction while in mid air, think about it, yes? good. we all understand then. anyways cant wait to see how this turns out (secretly grins to self)

DB_Hunter
Sun, 11-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Err... isn't it obvious that Kakashi is gonna break up the fight? I mean we see him standing there in the preview for the next ep, and neither Naruto nor Sasuke seem to be hurt...

Aeon
Sun, 11-07-2004, 10:08 PM
Sasuke breaking out the capoeira moves was cool to see. And yea it's kinda obvious that Kakashi will pop up and stop them before they connect although I'm hoping Sakura jumps in between and catches both moves. Dunno why but Ino seemed out of character.

Assassin
Sun, 11-07-2004, 11:29 PM
is it just me, or did chouji's face and voice seem different? like he had a different voice actor, and the artist drawing him had a grudge against him

well teh ep was great. its made me realize y i love this anime so much. the filler arc, although watchable, didn't have the same feel. this episode took me back to the zabuza arc with its character building and suspense/action

the fight scene was pretty kool, but i would've liked to see sasuke actually doing all those funky moves, rather then just his hands and feet. and ya, like db_hunter said, kakashi will most likely break up the fight before the final blows land....or something else equally disappointing. theres no way we'll ever actualyl see naruto get impaled by chidori, or sasuke get hit by rasengan

can't wait for the next ep i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

animefreak
Mon, 11-08-2004, 12:12 AM

didn't Naruto and Sakuke a Chuunin now?

basey44
Mon, 11-08-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by: Assassin
theres no way we'll ever actualyl see naruto get impaled by chidori

hey i know what i wanna see, and i wanna see THAT i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

animefreak: shikamaru was the only one to become a chuunin, no one else

Lenas
Mon, 11-08-2004, 02:34 AM
didn't Naruto and Sakuke a Chuunin now?

No.

Danik
Mon, 11-08-2004, 03:05 AM
Good episode.
I hope sakura jumps in between and dies.
And on a side note, how come sasuke used chidori without hand seals??

jimmymasaki
Mon, 11-08-2004, 03:09 AM
this episode made me hate sasuke even more. i mean sure he's a genius... but freakin hell, if someone's trying to be nice to you you don't go berserk on them unless u have a mental disease! and i don't like the way kishimoto's taking the naruto and sasuke bond or friendship or woteva... i mean, yeah they've always been rivals but it's like wot the hell? first they wanna save each other because of comradeship but now hey let's make sasuke go crazy and want to kill naruto. freaken hell.
and the beginning of this episode seemed realli useless... the shikamaru becoming a chuunin was fine (and i thought obvious) cept wot the hell was all that with ino and chouji and blahblah.

but i guess i should just be grateful i can watch anime.... i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

[still think sasuke sucks more than sakura]

basey44
Mon, 11-08-2004, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by: Danik
And on a side note, how come sasuke used chidori without hand seals??

ah well thats because he has now somehow managed to have a higher skilled chidori than kakashi who still uses hand seals i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif (note the sarcasm), i think the first time he didnt use seals was when he used his 3rd chidori against gaara in the forest. dont expect him to have to use seals anymore

Aeon
Fri, 11-12-2004, 11:19 PM
mean, yeah they've always been rivals but it's like wot the hell? first they wanna save each other because of comradeship but now hey let's make sasuke go crazy and want to kill naruto. freaken hell.

Sasuke never wanted to kill Naruto, just wanted to prove to himself that he was still stronger then him. And Naruto activated Rasengan before Sasuke did Chidori.