PDA

View Full Version : kakashi gaiden

RasenDori
Wed, 11-03-2004, 02:19 AM
while we wait for the "second division" or "part two" of naruto, we have been blessed with the prospect of kakashi gaiden. what do you guys think? will it be a one chapter thing? or several? will we learn kakashis past? pf will it be radom missions for the next 3 years of manga time?

my personal view is that it will last a full manga volume, so about 8 chapters of kakashi past. I would like that. Also i hope to learn more about obito (is he the kid in the photo with kakashi... is he the sharingan user) and the anbu chick. hopefully the gaiden will answer these questions.

it 1 in the morning and im going to bed after finsihing this... please forgive any typos of other seemingly unreadable things.

Hatake Kakashi
Wed, 11-03-2004, 11:15 PM
Common sense dictates that it will be enough to at least fill this volume of Naruto up. Probably deal with events in his life.

-Why he was a genius early on, his Chuunin promotion.

-How he got his Sharingan eye

-Who is Obito and his other teammate?

-What was his relationship with Yondaime like?

etc..

Maybe we will even see his face.

Winged Dancer
Wed, 11-03-2004, 11:28 PM
It'll be his past. It has to be his past or it'd be damned stupid.
Weird enough, I'm much more curious about the possibility of Yondaime appearing and maybe we'll finally get his name!!!!11one.

But for some reason, I don't think so. I guess it'll start with Kakashi all sad at the grave, thinking about how Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke each went on its own, and then we'll start with a flashback, in which I guess the most important thing is how he got his eye, and when/why did Obito die... was he killed by Itachi? Did he die at a mission? Did Kakashi kill him to get the sharingan? (I know, not probable at all) Or maybe, a la Sasuke and Naruto they argued, one left, then he was killed and Kakashi lives in guilt.

Maybe we'll also see how/when all of his "precious people" were killed, I wonder if that includes his family?

Mut
Wed, 11-03-2004, 11:32 PM
i bet... it'll be something all of us here has discussed about sicne kakashi was introduced. i doubt that kishimoto will think of something we haven't. =/

drcitan
Thu, 11-04-2004, 12:07 AM
I really hope its not 8 chapters long, but then again there is a lot of stuff to uncover about kakashi thou.

Jman
Thu, 11-04-2004, 12:14 AM
maybe we'll get some anbu kakashi flashbacks.

basey44
Thu, 11-04-2004, 01:07 AM
do we know when kakashi got his sharingan?
like was it before he became an anbu?

kAi
Sat, 11-06-2004, 08:24 PM
no we dont know exactly when kakashi got his sharingan.
so we cant establish this. but hopefully this well all be revealed in the gaiden.

EDIT: we know from the chuunin exam that kakashi got his sharingan since the last time he saw orochimaru.

Terracosmo
Sun, 11-07-2004, 12:18 AM
All I know is that it's gonna rock.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 11-07-2004, 01:41 AM
Hehehe finally it's about time we got something like this. Is this side series supplementing naruto? or will it coincide with it? Or will we get 16 pages of naruto and 4 pages of kakashi's story? Will kakashi's story be long enough to warrent it's own short anime series separte from naruto? So many questions anyone have any answers?

Well one thing I hope that what ever kishimoto reveals about kakashi's past will be different then the tons of speculation thats been done on this and other forums.

Stoopider
Sun, 11-07-2004, 01:18 PM
I don't mind Kakashi story 8 chapters long actually. It's good to take a time off from Naruto and his nonsense.

Especially I would like to see, when did Kakashi and his rivalry with Gai started. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Love to see the yondaime (I bet he wasn't the hokage yet), and maybe Kakashi had a love one? Probably Obito is a girl (unlikely), but it would be a bitter sweet story if he/she was.

I bet we would most likely start at after the academy. Where we see Obito tied to the post, Kakashi and the other girl panting on the ground, and Yondaime taunting them for not being able to get the bells from him. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Gods_Son
Sun, 11-07-2004, 03:50 PM
I'm sure there won't be anything too suprising, but it'll still be interesting to see. Kakashi is badass, anything with him is good.

JusDaMan
Sun, 11-07-2004, 04:15 PM
heres my thinking of the kakashi volume

chapter 239-240 Kakashi in his genin days WITH THE 4TH
chapter 241-242 kakashi in his chuunin days
chapter 243-244 kakashi and obito anbu days
chapter 245-246 kakshi getting sharingan and the day obito dies

yup... that about covers his life, all done before eating a BLT

PSJ
Sun, 11-07-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
Hehehe finally it's about time we got something like this. Is this side series supplementing naruto? or will it coincide with it? Or will we get 16 pages of naruto and 4 pages of kakashi's story? Will kakashi's story be long enough to warrent it's own short anime series separte from naruto? So many questions anyone have any answers?

Well one thing I hope that what ever kishimoto reveals about kakashi's past will be different then the tons of speculation thats been done on this and other forums.

i dont think there is much more stuff you could come up with about kakashi, i mean the speculations about him have been going on for ages and someone had to hit the spot about something.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 11-07-2004, 08:07 PM
Thats what I'm afraid of. After waiting so long we'll find out that obito tried to kill kakashi to get the super sharingan. Kakashi defeats obito and fatally wounds him. With his dying words obito tells kakashi to take his sharingan as a reward for punishing his foolishness or something like that. Something tells me that kakashi's past is going to be something were all know or were expecting.

Hotsuma
Mon, 11-08-2004, 01:05 AM
One thing that won't be revealed is his face. Even as a child, he wore that mask.

kaigan
Mon, 11-08-2004, 02:23 AM
only time will tell us. man, this gaiden better be good and not some BS.

sangai
Sat, 11-13-2004, 04:39 AM
im hopin maybe a few good missions, a lil bit of remissions into the past, a lil bit about obito, and maybe even somethin about the fourth and or sharingan he has.

but that might be askin for to much

kAi
Sat, 11-13-2004, 04:52 AM
no i dont think it should be asking for too much, we need to know more about kakashi.
and there some of the things that need to be answered, kishimoto cant leave a character such as kakashi in the dark throughout the entire manga he needs his story told, and now is the perfect time.

Winged Dancer
Sun, 11-14-2004, 12:46 AM
I have the feeling that this Gaiden will last all of november and december, and normal Naruto will start after new year... Shounen Jump takes a two/three weeks rest every year, and it just sounds logical to use this short time to explain Kakashi instead of starting a new storyline and then leave it hanging during vacations.

hinatacretu
Sun, 11-14-2004, 04:50 AM
kakashi is lame

Edort4
Sun, 11-14-2004, 01:42 PM
i dont care if they make 4 or 8 chapters kakashi has a lot of background to make good chapters, we will see but i hope to see some good fights and not a lot of boring explanations about philosofic things etc.

Im only speculating but maybe obito and kakashi were caught on a mission by enemies and they make experiments about the sharingan giving it to kakashi to see if its posible to use it without being an uchiha member, in that experiments obito died or kakashi escaped leaving him behind to a certain dead. Dont know if many ppl said this i was only thinking about something with some sense.

Bye

Ryllharu
Sun, 11-14-2004, 01:59 PM
I also have to say that I really don't care about the Kakashi arc. The series is called Naruto in the first place, but that's not good enough justification. Kakashi really hasn't been in the series lately enough to warrant my attention. I mean, when was the last time he was seriously involved in a few chapters? Itachi's visit. We all know Itachi outshined Kakashi then, and I'm not even a fan of Itachi. The only other time was basically before the chunnin exam, WAY back if the country of wave arc. Yes, I know I'm ingoring all the sand ninjas he killed later in the chunnin exam, but there he was outshined by the Hokage and Naruto's fight.

Kakashi is cool and all, but I wouldn't rather waste 2-3 months on Kakashi, a character who, at this point, really isn't all that important anymore. But since Naruto Z is starting in a few months, this series is in dire need of some character development, and most of the genin have had their chance, there really isn't anyone else to go into.

itchy butt
Fri, 11-19-2004, 11:44 PM
but you see, its not only about kakashi, its also about hte people he interacted with, especially the mysterious yondaime, the most anticipated person to show up in this entire series. i've already read chapter 239, and it is awesome. i can't wait to see yondaime in action, cuz from the reaction from one of the enemy ninjas, hes a ninja to be feared!!

kAi
Sat, 11-20-2004, 12:48 AM
but in Chapter 239, look at kakashi he is so badass. and we get to see things that have been speculated, such as obito, sharingan, yondaime. these are good things to know. you get to know more about the series with this information.
yeah the reaction from the enemy was like "he's...no....it can't be.." heh. as itchy butt said can't wait to see him in action.

Jman
Sat, 11-20-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by: hinatacretu
kakashi is lame

STFU.
Anyhow the gaiden has already started so this thread could be put to rest.

Boogster
Sat, 11-20-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by: animemaster

Originally posted by: hinatacretu
kakashi is lameSTFU.

See above.

Waiting with bated breath.

Terracosmo
Sat, 11-20-2004, 08:59 PM
Just ignore hinatacretu. Hinata fanboys tend to have random disorders.

tensai
Sat, 11-20-2004, 10:30 PM
i think this arc is cool
kakashi is just mysterious and everybody wants to know how he became who he is today

i dont really mind how long this would be, but it would suck to just rush it through and leave it unfinished and return to the stroyline of naruto where they left off

i believe that this arc ties in somehow to what has recently happened in the past few chapters in the manga, like the relationships of the characters

it would be awesome to see more of yondaime and how he is, though the main focus is on kakashi