PDA

View Full Version : sasuke vs. lee

Jin234
Sun, 10-31-2004, 03:21 PM
who do u think will win sasuke or lee?

DeluxSkillz
Sun, 10-31-2004, 03:26 PM
if lee opens his gates he wins hands down, otherwise sasuke will just beat lee down he's got lee's speed down plus the sharingan and some fire jutsus so he should be able to fry lee in seconds

Cal_kashi
Sun, 10-31-2004, 03:34 PM
I think Lee could win, Sasuke doesn't have the stamina to keep up with Lee for a whole lotta no-leg-weight lovin. Lee best bet would be to run around in all sorts of directions and sporadically move in to hit Sasuke. Force sasuke to move hella fast and waste his energy then beat him lotus style.

Assertn
Sun, 10-31-2004, 04:04 PM
sasuke reached lee's taijutsu ability in a month when lee took over a year

and lee admitted himself that with his taijutsu and the sharingan, sasuke has surpassed him

Y
Sun, 10-31-2004, 04:14 PM
Lee wins with gates allowed, easily. Sasuke wins without gates allowed, easily.

Nai
Sun, 10-31-2004, 04:17 PM
Lee, and I'll give you two reasons for that;

Stamina and will.

Altho Sasuke was able to copy most of Lee's moves, he's still just a copier. He has nowhere near the same ammount of Stamina as Lee does, and would tire out quickly should he use both his Sharingan and the copied Taijutsu moves.

I also find Sasuke be to quite weak-minded. He easily gives up, and never seems to give it all he got. The complete opposite of Lee, who even stood up after having been knocked out cold, and lost an arm and a leg.

Board of Command
Sun, 10-31-2004, 04:20 PM
Lee would win because he fights like Naruto, except he only uses martial arts.

Deblas
Sun, 10-31-2004, 05:08 PM
if sasuke trains harder with his sharingan he will win

Terracosmo
Sun, 10-31-2004, 05:13 PM
"I also find Sasuke be to quite weak-minded. He easily gives up, and never seems to give it all he got."

Last time I checked Sasuke dedicates his existance to getting revenge on his brother.
I wouldn't call that giving up or being weak-minded.

DeluxSkillz
Sun, 10-31-2004, 05:24 PM
and let's remember sasuke also has the chidori how is lee gonna counter that

Board of Command
Sun, 10-31-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
and let's remember sasuke also has the chidori how is lee gonna counter that
Too bad Lee doesn't know henge or bunshin. If he did he would rock Sasuke.

CUE
Sun, 10-31-2004, 05:58 PM
Meh, Lee, Hands down.

He would open two gates and own sasuke.

theblakeman
Sun, 10-31-2004, 06:35 PM
Sasuke may devote his live to killing Itachi but he still is way too emo and gives up a lot.

Nai
Sun, 10-31-2004, 06:49 PM
Last time I checked Sasuke dedicates his existance to getting revenge on his brother.
I wouldn't call that giving up or being weak-minded. To be as obsessed with revenge as Sasuke is is pretty weak-minded by itself. Also, let's not forget his weakness during both the Gaara and Orochimaru fights. Fights which Naruto just headed straight into, and one which he even claimed victory in. I will admit that Sasuke performed well at the end of the Orochimaru fight, but still, he appears as an extremely unstable person, often suffering nervous breakdowns.

So yes, I'd say he's pretty damn weak-minded. At least when compared to people like Lee and Naruto.

and let's remember sasuke also has the chidori how is lee gonna counter thatBy dodging it? Let's not forget that the Chidori, albeit powerful, is basically just a straight thrust. It wouldn't exactly be a good weapon versus a person with tremendous speed like Lee.

And I'm not even considering the gates here. If Lee used them, there just wouldn't be any competition.

jing
Sun, 10-31-2004, 06:58 PM
Sasuke's got the sharingan. He will win.

Mut
Sun, 10-31-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by: Nai
To be as obsessed with revenge as Sasuke is is pretty weak-minded by itself. Also, let's not forget his weakness during both the Gaara and Orochimaru fights. Fights which Naruto just headed straight into, and one which he even claimed victory in. I will admit that Sasuke performed well at the end of the Orochimaru fight, but still, he appears as an extremely unstable person, often suffering nervous breakdowns.

So yes, I'd say he's pretty damn weak-minded. At least when compared to people like Lee and Naruto.
lee's and naruto's parents, family, clan weren't brutally murdered by his own brother. sasuke has had the worst childhood ever so it's completely understandable that a 12 year old is affected by that incident. sasuke always tries to think of the most logical way to approach any situation, it's just that the author has him always being tormented and harrassed by itachi. that turns sasuke into an unstable character. no one does that to lee or naruto in that degree. sasuke is not weakminded, thanks.

Nai
Sun, 10-31-2004, 07:18 PM
lee's and naruto's parents, family, clan weren't brutally murdered by his own brother. sasuke has had the worst childhood ever so it's completely understandable that a 12 year old is affected by that incident.At least Sasuke got to experience the joy of having a family, at some time. Naruto did not. I wouldn't know anything about Lee's childhood, except for the fact that he always was considered a failure, even by himself at times. Sasuke was a genius since birth.

sasuke always tries to think of the most logical way to approach any situationWould you really call charging at a person like Itachi, with a technique that you've not used for long, the logical way? I'm sorry, I just don't see most of Sasuke's decisions to be logical, as much as motivated by his anger, or fear. Sure, he's had his bright moments. Such as the previously mentioned Orochimaru fight. However, all things considered I've found him to be quite a fragile character.

miaka
Sun, 10-31-2004, 07:21 PM
i think sasuke will lose to lee.. lee has heck of a lot of determination to show HIS way of ninja..he's quite similar to naruto in a way... and beating sasuke is a way to show it (or neji) so lee will fight very seriously.. while sasuke.. is kinda arrogant and won't take him that that seriously.. and he haven't even seen lee's moves..(gate opening), oh and also lee has more stamina on speed.. so.. he just need to hang on till sasuke's stamina runs out i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

but since lee is horribly injured.. i guess only when he's completely healed i guess

Board of Command
Sun, 10-31-2004, 07:25 PM
Naruto has never had any friends until the beginning of the story. Not having anyone to talk to for 12 years is pretty mentally damaging too, but he's always managed to continue to live and keep his head straight.

We don't know anything about Lee's past, but according to the flashbacks it also seems pretty sad, like Naruto's. He was also a failure at everything.

jing
Mon, 11-01-2004, 04:14 PM

lee's and naruto's parents, family, clan weren't brutally murdered by his own brother. sasuke has had the worst childhood ever so it's completely understandable that a 12 year old is affected by that incident.At least Sasuke got to experience the joy of having a family, at some time. Naruto did not. I wouldn't know anything about Lee's childhood, except for the fact that he always was considered a failure, even by himself at times. Sasuke was a genius since birth.

sasuke always tries to think of the most logical way to approach any situationWould you really call charging at a person like Itachi, with a technique that you've not used for long, the logical way? I'm sorry, I just don't see most of Sasuke's decisions to be logical, as much as motivated by his anger, or fear. Sure, he's had his bright moments. Such as the previously mentioned Orochimaru fight. However, all things considered I've found him to be quite a fragile character.

Then if u put it that way, Naruto and Lee didn't watch their parents killed right infront of them. Actually the whole clan.

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 11-01-2004, 04:20 PM
you know it's pretty pontless this whole discussion cuz some people will always be biased, but if you think about it lee can only beat sasuke with his gates no other way dodging sasuke's chidori isn't possible because they have the same speed and that''s why chidori is such a perfect technique for sasuke because he has the sharingan any blows thrown at him while charging in a straigth line can be dealt with due to knowing his opponents moves so all lee has is opening his gates then it's easy as pie sasuke would be thrown around like a doll and crushed

CUE
Mon, 11-01-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
you know it's pretty pontless this whole discussion cuz some people will always be biased, but if you think about it lee can only beat sasuke with his gates no other way dodging sasuke's chidori isn't possible because they have the same speed and that''s why chidori is such a perfect technique for sasuke because he has the sharingan any blows thrown at him while charging in a straigth line can be dealt with due to knowing his opponents moves so all lee has is opening his gates then it's easy as pie sasuke would be thrown around like a doll and crushed

Ever heard of a period?

Mut
Mon, 11-01-2004, 11:08 PM
At least Sasuke got to experience the joy of having a family, at some time. Naruto did not. I wouldn't know anything about Lee's childhood, except for the fact that he always was considered a failure, even by himself at times. Sasuke was a genius since birth.
it's much better to never had at all than have it and lose it in such a painful way.

Would you really call charging at a person like Itachi, with a technique that you've not used for long, the logical way? I'm sorry, I just don't see most of Sasuke's decisions to be logical, as much as motivated by his anger, or fear. Sure, he's had his bright moments. Such as the previously mentioned Orochimaru fight. However, all things considered I've found him to be quite a fragile character.
not only did you completely missed my point, you quoted me out of context. i said even though sasuke is a logical thinker, itachi turns him into an unstable character.

Y
Mon, 11-01-2004, 11:31 PM
it's much better to never had at all than have it and lose it in such a painful way.

'Tis better to have loved, and lost, then never to have loved at all.

drcitan
Mon, 11-01-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien
Lee wins with gates allowed, easily. Sasuke wins without gates allowed, easily.

My thoughts exactly.

Franggio
Tue, 11-02-2004, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

To be as obsessed with revenge as Sasuke is is pretty weak-minded by itself. Also, let's not forget his weakness during both the Gaara and Orochimaru fights. Fights which Naruto just headed straight into, and one which he even claimed victory in. I will admit that Sasuke performed well at the end of the Orochimaru fight, but still, he appears as an extremely unstable person, often suffering nervous breakdowns.

lee's and naruto's parents, family, clan weren't brutally murdered by his own brother. sasuke has had the worst childhood ever so it's completely understandable that a 12 year old is affected by that incident. sasuke always tries to think of the most logical way to approach any situation, it's just that the author has him always being tormented and harrassed by itachi. that turns sasuke into an unstable character. no one does that to lee or naruto in that degree. sasuke is not weakminded, thanks.

__________________________________________________ __

Wake up smell the roses!! Naruto hasn't been trhough whaaaat did ya say??
naah the whole village wish he could have a little "accident" but he still has the power to go on i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

pfft, I bet my ass youre one of those guys that like Neji (and by that it seems a little bad i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Franggio
Tue, 11-02-2004, 01:45 AM
well another thing that has with the topic to do, Lee would pawn his Sas-gays ass.
The Sharingan helps yeah, but hey, it doesn't predict the future. It reads the possiblility
as anyone who has aquired that speed he/she should be able to counter the sharingan with
ease, it's just like boxing, even if I say i'll trow a straight I know how to deal with the counter
that comes flying for me. Same should apply to Lee
and by talking counter here I mark the Sharingan as only usefull as a counter weapon in a fight with Lee
cuz Lee can only use Tai-jutsu

Assertn
Tue, 11-02-2004, 02:18 AM
Franggio, use the edit button instead of double posting

Nai
Tue, 11-02-2004, 02:36 AM
it's much better to never had at all than have it and lose it in such a painful way.Then I guess we just have two completely different views on that issue, not much to do about that.

not only did you completely missed my point, you quoted me out of context. i said even though sasuke is a logical thinker, itachi turns him into an unstable character.Still the fact remains that Sasuke is an unstable character, who isn't especially keen on making logical decisions.

If you're however claiming that Itachi is the only reasons for all of Sasukes issues, well hell, if Naruto had never had Kyubi sealed inside of him we wouldn't even have this show to begin with. I'm judging Sasuke by who he is, not who he could have been.

fremeer
Tue, 11-02-2004, 07:12 AM
umm i remember the first time we see kakashi use chidori, he first uses the dogs because he knows he cant hit zabuza or whatever his name was without them. obviously if you are within the same speed area of the user it is pretty easy to dogde. since lee is potentially stronger than sasuke and of equal speed (remember sasuke only trained for speed not power) lee should have no trouble againt chidori.
chidori is a stupid excuse for a one on one match anyways since it is an assasination technique. all sasuke needs is his fire jutsu, basic replacement and sharingan and he should fair a decent chance against lee, remember how he beat temari? or he can use 1000 years of pain(the shit uber strong)

Assertn
Tue, 11-02-2004, 10:07 AM
first of all.......
kakashi's version is raikiri...
why kakashi would have his own take on a jutsu he created himself is beyond me though.......

and secondly, the whole point behind the chidori, is that in combination with the sharingan, the target CANT dodge or counter to avoid it
people tend to forget that

fremeer
Tue, 11-02-2004, 10:21 AM
um raikiri and chidori are the same thing. just different names, chidori causes it sounds like birds and raikiri cause it can cut lighning. and why would the target not be able to dodge it? if it was undodgeable dont you think it would be mentioned. and it obviously can be stopped because both kakashi and itachi can stop it.

Y
Tue, 11-02-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
first of all.......
kakashi's version is raikiri...
why kakashi would have his own take on a jutsu he created himself is beyond me though.......

and secondly, the whole point behind the chidori, is that in combination with the sharingan, the target CANT dodge or counter to avoid it
people tend to forget that

Kishimoto just changed the name (or forgot what he called it the first time). It isn't a different type of technique.

And the Sharingan (at this point) is imperfect. You are correct though, since without the Gates Sasuke is just as fast as Lee; Lee couldn't avoid the Chidori. A better move would be to blitz Sasuke before he gets the technique ready. However, again, Sasuke is just as fast, almost as skilled, and has the Sharingan. Without the Gates, Lee is pretty much fucked.

umm i remember the first time we see kakashi use chidori, he first uses the dogs because he knows he cant hit zabuza or whatever his name was without them. obviously if you are within the same speed area of the user it is pretty easy to dogde.

No, he did this because he couldn't even see Zabuza to hit him with it, not because he was fast enough to dodge it.

wirm
Tue, 11-02-2004, 12:10 PM
The hand seals for raikiri and chidori are the same. I'm guessing that the author just changed the name the first time because he didn't want to go into a lengthy discussion about what chidori is, like Gai did. Plus, if chidori was analyzed so early in the anime, it would have been less cool when Sasuke busted it out in ep 67.

As for Lee vs Sasuke, Sasuke should win without the gates. As was noted before, he has Lee's speed, and apparently uses the same taijutsu technique. The clincher is the fact that Sasuke has the sharingan to predict Lee's movement. Recall the way he used the sharingan against Haku and the earlier match against Lee. He was able to see their movement, but just wasn't fast enough to react to it. On the other hand, he is just as fast as Lee now, so has plenty of time to react.

Chidori is meant to be used in conjunction with sharingan because it is a straight thrust. Without the sharingan, the target can dodge completely. However, the sharingan can predict which direction the target will go, so dodging becomes much more difficult. For example, the sharingan's insight ability would allow the user to win almost every game of rock-paper-scissors.

It is possible for Lee to dodge the chidori, it's just very difficult.

fremeer
Tue, 11-02-2004, 12:26 PM
sasuke uses his chakra to keep up with lee's speed, its even stated that sasuke must use up alot of stamina to keep up with lee. and the reason the sharingan is used with the chidori is not because of the aim thing its because normally a straight thrust would be super easy to counter but with sharingan u can predict counter IF you miss.

sasuke would win the fight but not cause of his superior tai-jutsu or speed, he cant last as lee can in a fight. hell if lee gets him in secondary lotus he is just as screwed. sasuke has a chance to win in a short term battle but if its prolonged he will get owned because he cant last as long as lee can.

kooshi
Tue, 11-02-2004, 03:05 PM
Seems like a tight battle here with Lee vs Sasuke.

Lee (pros): - fast speed and lots of stamina
- has a good amount of taijutsu techniques
- lots of power and strength
- able to unlock gates

Sasuke (pros): - fast speed
- has a good amount of katon techniques and Chidori
- Sharingan along with being analytical

Lee (cons): - unable to use ninjutsu or genjutsu
- taijutsu forces him to get close to a possible Chidori
- messing up with the gates can be extremely costly

Sasuke (cons): - not as much stamina and taijutsu techniques as Lee
- unable to use high speed for long
- incomplete Sharingan
- Chidori takes up a lot of chakra and has the possibility of missing

Looking at that, I can honestly say that the winner would depend on the situation. However, based on what I've observed, I would say Lee would win, even without unlocking the gates. Lee can just make it so that the two just run around each other in circles and what not until Sasuke tires out.
Even if that's not the case, I would think that Lee would dodge the Chidori anyways. Out of all the times I've seen Sasuke use Chidori, he just went straight at the opponent. I think the Sharingan just helps him try to get to the target (Gaara's shell of sand was countered). Don't forget, if Chidori helps Sasuke lock onto the target, shouldn't he do so at a fatal area, like the heart or the head? Like Gai said, it's just a straight thrust. Just look how easily Itachi blocked the Chidori.

Assertn
Tue, 11-02-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by: fremeer
if it was undodgeable dont you think it would be mentioned. and it obviously can be stopped because both kakashi and itachi can stop it.

they did mention it...lee pointed it out when he saw sasuke use it on gaara the 1st time
and obviously kakashi and itachi can avoid it because they have a more developed sharingan

Y the alien: yes....i know it isnt a different technique
but the point's just the same, he doesnt call his the chidori

Shadow-wolf
Tue, 11-02-2004, 07:04 PM
Did you guys forget that Lee and Sasuke fought during the Chunnin exam before...Lee owned him. Additionally, at that time Sasuke was using his Sharingan, but because Lee was using only Taijustu, he rendered it useless, and unless something has changed...... Also Lee's skills in Tai are superior to Sasuke's. I have no doubt that Lee would beat him, even with-out opening the gates. He'll probably come back with twice the amount of weights on his legs, making him twice as fast as Sasuke (maxed out).

Hotsuma
Tue, 11-02-2004, 07:15 PM
I don't see why people think the Chidori is a threat to Lee. That takes FOREVER to charge, and by the time he's done, Sasuke would be in pieces.

jing
Tue, 11-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by: fremeer
umm i remember the first time we see kakashi use chidori, he first uses the dogs because he knows he cant hit zabuza or whatever his name was without them. obviously if you are within the same speed area of the user it is pretty easy to dogde. since lee is potentially stronger than sasuke and of equal speed (remember sasuke only trained for speed not power) lee should have no trouble againt chidori.
chidori is a stupid excuse for a one on one match anyways since it is an assasination technique. all sasuke needs is his fire jutsu, basic replacement and sharingan and he should fair a decent chance against lee, remember how he beat temari? or he can use 1000 years of pain(the shit uber strong)

by the way, he used the dog to find zabuza, because they were in the mist, and the dog can smell zabuza...and besides how do YOU know sasuke only trained for speed? you're just assuming alot. they trained taijutsu, it could have been anything. we also saw that he was able to crack gaara's sand armour so hes definitely got power there. you cannot say chidori is a stupid excuse for a one on one match, cuz then why don't you say the same for kagebunshin, opening gates, kagemane, and basically every jutsu in the book.

by the way doesn't raikiri=chidori.....

fremeer
Wed, 11-03-2004, 12:30 AM
doesnt kakashi say he trained up sasuke's speed up only in the 1 month training in preparation for the chidori?
chidori is a great technique in the right circumstances but not in a close handed 1 on 1 combat since chidori needs some start up run to get the necessary speed.

and i doubt lee would do primary lotus in those circumstances since it destroys his body pretty badly. cant wait for lee to come back in the next arc, its obvious he coming back otherwise why have that stupid part with tsunade geting a 58% chance at success thing.

btw i still think sasuke would win as long as he doesnt use chidori, if he uses chidori he gone for. remember this aint DBZ(no matter what people might say) the strongest move isnt always the best move.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 11-03-2004, 02:23 AM
this is a pretty stupid question, don't ya think?

when Sasuke faught Gaara at the ring, we saw Lee almost cracking down with tears cuz he realized that he lost again to a genius and that all his hard work for years was outdone by a month... he actaully says (this is what I remember, don't bother me on words) "when we faught, i told you that even if you can see my movement, you can't react. but now you have the same speed as me, and you have the eye...".

Lee can't do anything but Taijutsu, Sasuke is superior to Lee in taijutsu (seeing how he has the advantge of the sharingan), so basically, Lee can't do shit.

jing
Wed, 11-03-2004, 10:59 PM
yeah, man thats what i thought.

and why would chidori make you lose a fight? fremeer u didn't even explain. What's wrong with a head start? im pretty sure with his speed he can head start whenever he wants to.

fremeer
Thu, 11-04-2004, 02:28 AM
he uses chidori, lee dodges it and sasuke left with half his chakra left, not a great start is it.
lee did admit that sasuke achieved his speed but he also said that sasuke had to use up alot if stamina to keep up the speed. sasuke can not last as long in a taijutsu fight as lee can. lee is also better at taijutsu because he has trained more in it. sasuke copied like 1-2 moves from lee do you think that lee only has 2 taijutsu moves. in a tai justu fight both would be unable to hurt each other but lee would last longer.
thats why sasuke needs all his chakra to keep up with lee. he cant waster chakra on a move that might miss in close range fighting.
chidori needs to components which make is useless on a moving opponent.
1) it needs some decent speeds so you need a basic run up at least.
2) it takes a while to start up the chidori so he could get wasted before he finished the technique

on a side not can lee walk on water or up stuff?

CUE
Thu, 11-04-2004, 02:35 AM
Well, when Sasuke is sitting there, making sounds, charging up his chidori. Lee would elbow him in the face.
It's not a hard concept.

IamSpazzy
Sun, 11-07-2004, 12:55 AM
In the fight with Naruto, Sauske didn't seem to have overwhelming speed....Naruto actually seemed to be able to do a reasonable job keeping up using just Taijitsu in the beginning. Maybe Sasuke is really outta shape after lying in bed for so long.

jing
Sun, 11-07-2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by: IamSpazzy
In the fight with Naruto, Sauske didn't seem to have overwhelming speed....Naruto actually seemed to be able to do a reasonable job keeping up using just Taijitsu in the beginning. Maybe Sasuke is really outta shape after lying in bed for so long.

nah it is because he wasn't wearing his Nike sandals.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-07-2004, 03:55 AM
Although....who's to say Sasuke can't open the Gates too!

Kakashi watched Lee open his gates with his Sharingan, so that means he can probably copy that. So then if Kakashi opens the gates while Sasuke watched with his sharingan, then he could learn how to do it too!

Ahh-hmmmmm

Primary_Lotus
Sun, 11-07-2004, 05:19 PM
I'm quite sure that Lee is far faster than Sasuke. When they fought the first time Lee didn't even remove the weights, never mind opening the Gates. The only thing that Sasuke has over Lee is that Lee's been injured, and unable to train.

Originally posted by: DarthEnder

Kakashi watched Lee open his gates with his Sharingan, so that means he can probably copy that. So then if Kakashi opens the gates while Sasuke watched with his sharingan, then he could learn how to do it too!

Ahh-hmmmmm

I believe that even being able to copy doesn't mean he could handle it. The incredible strain on the body would be more than Sasuke could handle. He may be able to do Secondary Lotus, but I doubt he could open as many gates as Lee has trained to do.

IamSpazzy
Sun, 11-07-2004, 05:40 PM
I don't think that sharingan actually allows you to copy anything. Sasuke still doesn't know how to do Kage Bushin. I think that it allows you to see how things are done, but it's dependent on your memory in order actually learn a new jitsu...Orochimaru and Kakashi both probably have phenomenal memories.

So maybe Sakura with sharingan would be good.

drcitan
Sun, 11-07-2004, 08:21 PM

Ahh-hmmmmm

Kakashi cannot copy the gates from Rock or Gai simply b/c its a jutsu that involves physical change and the sharingon can copy only tai,gen, and ninjutsu.

deadlydreamx
Sun, 11-07-2004, 10:54 PM
man rocklee would bitch saskue.. remember the first time they faught rocklee still had his ankle weights on and saskue was being totally bitched.. rocklee wasnt even trying the first time. even though saskue has the same speed as rocklee without the gates his stamina is not so good.. if all goes bad for rock open a gate

SeifeR
Fri, 11-19-2004, 03:22 AM
i say Sasuke cause he seems like a badass now

CUE
Fri, 11-19-2004, 10:46 PM
...Even with the crutches, lee would own sasuke.

Jman
Sat, 11-20-2004, 07:10 PM

Ahh-hmmmmm

Opening the gates cannot be copied.

Raposo_C
Sat, 11-20-2004, 08:45 PM
Its true opening the gates cannot be copied. And thats not he point, Kakashi trained Sasuke after watching Lee's fight, he saw the impressive speed without the wieghts ... and he trained Sasuke to be just as fast with or without them ... atleast thats what I remember. Also Sharengen offers insight, you can copy the tai,nin,gin stuff but you can't copy the chakra control elements of it (thus rasengen is hard to copy) but it offers an insight to the move ... essentially you just have to hit the right chakra level and control and your set.

But anyway ... Lee and Sasuke are pretty even ... but Chidori just like Guy said is devistating at close range. It uses the fastest movement of the human body ... the thrust and with Sharengen offering the insight to see and know where his opponent will move its pretty hard to dodge it. Thats why I personnaly think the argumen with Chidori being his downfall dosen't hold any water so to speak.

Both are good taijutsus ... and no doubt it would be a kickass fight. But I personnaly think in a simple fight between the two ... Sasuke would be ontop (I'll bet barely) if its a quick fight of skill. If Lee prolongs it ... then Sasuke would become slower and not as strong but his Chakara would still be there. Also Kakashi is aware of tha gates and if you remember he was quite upset with Guy (or rather surpised) that he tought it to Lee ... so its entirely possible Sasuke is aware of the gates and could be taught it by Kakashi.

just a food for thought.

Konohamaru
Thu, 11-25-2004, 11:38 AM
heh, I rather not have known my/or have a family then to see them die in front of me.

Sasuke is far from weak minded. If he was, he'll prolly not be a ninja or heck prolly be in a nut house. Also Rock would win with gates open hands down.

Sasuke reached the same speed as Rock when he had the weights on. He copied the speed of Lee when he got set up for the lotus before the tournament, which he should still have the weights on. He didn't even get to watch Lee again in action during the Lee Vs Gaara fight so there's no way sasuke could be as fast as a unweighted Lee. As for chidori hitting Lee, thats impossible for Lee since he's just uber fast and can simply dodge a simple linear attack.

Harageki
Thu, 11-25-2004, 07:17 PM
What some people are forgetting here is the `tie em up` move Sasuke used against Oro in the forest of death.

tie up move + chidori = Ouch for Lee.

I would argue that Lee would speed outta the closing trap of wires as sasuke pulls them tight, but the problem is Oro, who is pretty damn fast, was pinned to the tree in seconds. So not sure if Lee could escape it.

Then again...even if he was trapped by the wires, Sasuke still has to charge up, and run at him with Chidori, and I'm pretty sure he would have broken the wires and danced 5 times around sasuke by the time that happens..even without the gates.

and with the gates..ouch time for Sasuke.