PDA

View Full Version : Best/Saddest Gundam Death

Terracosmo
Sat, 10-30-2004, 06:29 PM
This often goes hand in hand. Basically, which death in any Gundam series ever has had the most impact on you? And if not the most impact, which do you find to be the overall best?

Mine will have to go to a death in the original Gundam 0079 series.

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

Garma Zabi. Seriously, he was in the show for 5 episodes only but in that short time he was established as a really good character with feelings of his own. His love for Icelina was very... sweet, in lack of better words. The way he was willing to abandon Zeon for her. And his death was excellently done and very unexpected. And the way he screams before he dies and then sees a mental image of Icelina running towards him... IT'S JUST SO SAD!

GLORY TO THE PRINCIPALITY OF ZEON!

Krakel
Sat, 10-30-2004, 06:41 PM
Mine was from Gundam SEED, the last episode. When Frey's shuttle got blown in pieces. I don't know why but I almost started crying about it. So sad... :'(

intense
Sat, 10-30-2004, 07:09 PM
the best death was to me nicole/nikoru(or however you spell his name) from SEED because when i saw that episode, i couldnt stop watching it. i watched it over and over and over again.. hahah.. so cool!

AlbinoFury
Sat, 10-30-2004, 08:43 PM
mwu!

Eurasian
Sat, 10-30-2004, 09:32 PM
i agree with the people above. the death of nicol and mwu. sad yes very. especially nicol..imo

Terracosmo
Sat, 10-30-2004, 09:34 PM
You all need to download the original movie trilogy at Boxtorrents.com, some of your opinions will probably change. Seed is my favorite Gundam and all but damn some of the deaths in 0079 are just so mature it shakes your entire self. That being said I won't deny that the deaths taking place in Seed are awesome... because it's as I said the best Gundam to me. But yeah. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

GLS
Sat, 10-30-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by: Krakel
Mine was from Gundam SEED, the last episode. When Frey's shuttle got blown in pieces. I don't know why but I almost started crying about it. So sad... :'(

I was actually happy when she died. What a bitch.

I'm gonna have to go with Mwu from Seed. He wasn't supposed to die!

Hatake Kakashi
Sat, 10-30-2004, 11:45 PM
Mwu's was the coolest...although that might be in dispute right now due to Neo.

AlbinoFury
Sat, 10-30-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
You all need to download the original movie trilogy at Boxtorrents.com, some of your opinions will probably change. Seed is my favorite Gundam and all but damn some of the deaths in 0079 are just so mature it shakes your entire self. That being said I won't deny that the deaths taking place in Seed are awesome... because it's as I said the best Gundam to me. But yeah.

Terra make some suggestions on what we need to watch i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif ive seen quite a bit but never 0079 stuff, gimme some names of movies and stuff we should dl!

Aeon
Sun, 10-31-2004, 12:09 AM
Poor Nicole from Seed, it was just too unexpected and sad cause he was the nicest member of the team.

Terracosmo
Sun, 10-31-2004, 07:46 AM
AlbinoFury you should see most stuff but for great deaths I recommend the first 2 TV series Gundam 0079 which is followed directly by Z Gundam... as I said above for 0079 you are better off getting the compilation movie trilogy at boxtorrents. Damn good shit i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Munsu
Sun, 10-31-2004, 07:53 AM
i already have the 0079 TV series... do you still recommend getting the movie trilogy compilation?

PSJ
Sun, 10-31-2004, 08:16 AM
frey's death wasnt sad it was one of the happiest moments in seed finally that bitch died. i havent seen much gundam yet but the saddest death so far got to be nichole i liked his character alot and he didnt deserve to die. frey on the other hand had it coming....

Terracosmo
Sun, 10-31-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
i already have the 0079 TV series... do you still recommend getting the movie trilogy compilation?

Yep, it has lots of material that the TV series didn't have... especially the last of the movies.
Then again movies lack much stuff that the TV series has but since you've seen that it wouldn't matter.
Go for it.

Munsu
Sun, 10-31-2004, 08:35 AM
any plot changes in those movies? because if it's only one or two scenes added i wouldnt want to waste my time

Terracosmo
Sun, 10-31-2004, 08:49 AM
Nah the plot remains the same because in it's essence it's just a compilation.

Guardian_2000
Sun, 10-31-2004, 09:29 AM
Hmm this is a tough one there have been alot of deaths in gundam. Especially in Zeta, SEED, and Victory. If I have to pick one. Then Mwu's death as the most memerable and recent. Although there were some more touching deaths.

Female pilots in victory were sad.
Terra's scene was a good one too.
Natarle's "sp" death. I was happy she went out that way.

Munsu
Sun, 10-31-2004, 05:22 PM
this thread is and is gonna be full of spoilers... im not coming in here anymore lol

benjaminz
Sun, 11-14-2004, 09:06 PM
frey's death wasnt sad it was one of the happiest moments in seed finally that bitch died. i havent seen much gundam yet but the saddest death so far got to be nichole i liked his character alot and he didnt deserve to die. frey on the other hand had it coming....

the best death was to me nicole/nikoru(or however you spell his name) from SEED because when i saw that episode, i couldnt stop watching it. i watched it over and over and over again.. hahah.. so cool!

i felt the same way for both i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif i was so glad frey died, i think she ruined kira's potential to be teh super coolest character imo, stupid bitch i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
and nicole's (or whatever his name is) death was sad, although it was kind of stupid because it's not like kira was going to kill arthrun anyway

i haven't seen Gundam 0079 though so i don't know about which is Best/Saddest Gundam Death of all

mitsui
Sat, 11-20-2004, 12:32 AM
The best is Mwu's death in gundam seed... also the most heroic death in gundam history...!

Souryusen
Sat, 11-20-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by: Krakel

The only thing about that scene that made me sad was the fact that they didn't show her getting burned inch by agonizing inch. Whadda bitch.... nice rack though.

jing
Sat, 11-20-2004, 02:09 PM
Nicely put.

PSJ
Sat, 11-20-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by: benjaminz

i felt the same way for both i was so glad frey died, i think she ruined kira's potential to be teh super coolest character imo, stupid bitch
and nicole's (or whatever his name is) death was sad, although it was kind of stupid because it's not like kira was going to kill arthrun anyway

i haven't seen Gundam 0079 though so i don't know about which is Best/Saddest Gundam Death of all

nichole didnt know that they were old friends and besides kira didnt mean to kill nichole either it was reflex or something i mean what do you do when something is threatening your life? you eliminate the threat......

as a side note finally finished gundam x no deaths what-so-ever exept some weird pilots getting killed by garrod. and downloading the 0079 trilogy as i type. i hope its finished tomorrow!!

Terracosmo
Sat, 11-20-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by: mitsui
The best is Mwu's death in gundam seed... also the most heroic death in gundam history...!

That can be discussed. But yeah, good death.

@PSJ: Don't worry, 0079 will have more than enough deaths to weigh up the lack of it in other Gundam series ;D

PSJ
Wed, 11-24-2004, 05:14 PM
oh my god gundam 0079 was awesome i want zeta gundam *glancing at terra i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif* i really want to watch chars counterattack right off the bat but i pormised myself to watch it in chronological order so thats what i have to do. but man the deaths in 0079 was touching all of them had some kind of meaning it wasnt rushed deaths at the end like in seed where ppl got killed just for the sake of it in the end. they acutally died in diffrent ways. i mean garma zabi's death was great wanted to show the whole zeon forces that he didnt get his admiral position just because he is the leaders son and the desire to have his sisters approval of him, its just so sad getting killed while he was going to get married and all :'( also that girl kai was dating or whatever you should say, her death was really sad and kai finally became a character after that. 0079 is now one of the best animes i've ever seen.

DeathscytheVII
Thu, 11-25-2004, 11:46 AM

I would be saying that, but unfortunately his death was desensitized by the deaths of over a dozen other characters in the last two eps of Seed, really they killed characters off so fast that their deaths really lost any meaning.

Terracosmo
Tue, 11-30-2004, 07:44 PM
Deathscythe it's evident that you've only seen Wing and Seed because in Wing nobody dies and you feel like they die a lot in Seed. Well guess what, people always die that quickly in Gundam series. It's a war drama. Not all deaths in anime are long, dramatic and with music. Life is not that glamorous.

After seeing all of G Gundam I have some new favorite deaths to add to the list:

SPOILERS

- Schwarz Bruder (damn that was a tear-jerker when Domon had to kill him and Kyoji)
- Master Asia (I cried during this death damn sorrowful dialogue... THE EAST IS BURNING RED!)
- Doctor Mikamura (because he redeemed himself and cried over the cryogenic chamber)

G_Spot
Wed, 12-01-2004, 03:30 PM
All the deaths were really sad they each showed how sad it was and became. like nicols after he died by strikes sword and you see asuran in the lockers and nicols piano notes fell out that was really sad and like how freys ship got blown up it was really sad or how kiras friend got killed by asuran uhmm icant remeber his name i think it was like toro or somthing but yeah all the deaths in gundam seed were sad and what was funny on the last episode was it seemed everyone was just crying kira,asuran,kagari and the captain cause lt fraga got killed and etc

EpoC
Wed, 12-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Mwu, damn what a waste. he was one of my fav char in seed. Would be cool to see him in destiny, but that's not gonna happen.

PSJ
Thu, 12-02-2004, 12:18 PM
well you got neo, he's almost like mwu i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif well after seeing a part of zeta i have to add the death of camille's mother that was damn sick.

DeathscytheVII
Mon, 12-06-2004, 09:31 PM
Deathscythe it's evident that you've only seen Wing and Seed because in Wing nobody dies and you feel like they die a lot in Seed. Well guess what, people always die that quickly in Gundam series. It's a war drama. Not all deaths in anime are long, dramatic and with music. Life is not that glamorous.

Gundam isn't the only war drama out there ya know i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif i've seen war drama, also a bit of G gundam as well i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif I don't need long dramatic deaths, but when you introduce so many characters during the season and just kill them off in the last two eps, it has a kind of rushed feeling to it. Yea i wish SEED was more than 50 eps, but at least Destiny is looking good right now.

besides, out of curiosity, how many gundam series can you name where eight or more characters die in one episode?

Guardian_2000
Tue, 12-07-2004, 08:27 PM
major or minor characters? named or not? countless unamed pilots die throughout all of gundam.

But you should watch Zeta and Victory if you want to see death.

fremeer
Mon, 12-13-2004, 06:09 AM
the death of nameless zaku pilot #6 was so said gundam seed destiny episode 9 bought tears to my eyes. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
i was kinda sad that Treize pushed up daisies cause he was cool