PDA

View Full Version : Which mangas are you buying?

Hakeem_21
Sat, 10-30-2004, 11:44 AM
Just wondering which mangas you guys think are worth your money.

Im buying these right now:

One Piece-have to vol 20
GTO-have to vol 11
Lone Wolf and Cub- have to vol 4
Priest-have to vol 2
Initial D-have to vol 5

Of course im not so rich that i can buy all these mangas every month,i buy OP and GTO every month, the others every other month or when i have couple 100 kr extra.

These i would buy if they were out in sweden:

Berserk
Hunter X Hunter
Naruto
Hellsing
Bremen
Black Cat
Midori No Hibi

Swallow Your Soul
Sat, 10-30-2004, 12:44 PM
Pet Shop of Horrors
Hellsing (dunno whether I'll keep buying or read the downloaded one I've got...I'll probably buy the new ones once I get some money)
Battle Angel Alita
.hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet
Ring (as in the Japanese movie series 1, 2, Spiral and presumably 0 is next)
I bought the first two vols of Tokyo Babylon but I've not read them yet, I'll see if they're any good before i bother paying for them

If Elfen Lied turns out to be good (not read it yet) then I'd consider buying it if it was released in the UK.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 10-30-2004, 04:23 PM
lists of mangas i own.
1 volume of berserk
1 volume of Blade of the immortal

yes, i'm a cheap bastered, but it's not entirely my fault, the guy who sells manga in my area never brings good stuff in english, it took me ages just to get the berserk volume...

PSJ
Tue, 11-02-2004, 01:16 PM
to buy english manga in sweden is in my opinion just stupid. they cost like 150kr which is like 20 usd or something like that and there are 2 manga stores for english manga in the entire country so it will cost you a good 30kr(4usd) extra to get it shipped to you so with buying any manga at all you wont be able to afford much else. i buy ranma and dnangel which are out in swedish and cost like 50kr which is around 7 usd i guess. so you see how expensive it is. im waiting for the mangas to come out in swedish so i just need to ride my bike 500 metres to the store. the only boring part with sweden is that we got almost no manga at all, we got one piece, dnangel, ranma½, love hina and detective conan in swedish and out of those i have read and seen most of one piece(to chp 340 or so) and love hina is just pure shit in my opinion i enjoyed the anime and all but the manga is just to much. havent read detective conan but by the looks of it its crappy. so that leaves me with ranma and dnangel which are very good mangas. and they are in my price range to i just pay 100kr(14usd) for 2 mangas instead of 24 usd for 1 manga that i can read online. and yes im a bit cheap but that goes without saying when the prices are outrageous.

Swallow Your Soul
Tue, 11-02-2004, 02:15 PM
^ Thats even more expensive than the UK (which probably works out at about $15 USD). Manga does seem to be fairly expensive considering you only get about 1-2 hours worth of reading out of it (unless its by Shirow in which case it takes much longer with all the notes and stuff he has i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif). I buy some manga if I've got some money to spare (which isn't often) and download the rest (when I do buy I get it from Amazon but you have to buy loads of books in order to get free postage...otherwise it just works out at full price again i/expressions/rolleye.gif )

KameronFrye
Wed, 11-03-2004, 01:50 AM
Naruto (through vol. 4)
Bleach (through vol. 3)
One Piece (through vol. 4)
Love Hina (through vol. 2)
Cowboy Bebop (all)
Trigun Maximum (getting #3 tomorrow)
Et Cetera (through vol. 2)
Initial D (through vol. 11)
Getbackers (through vol. 3)

I've got some of these completely on HD, I buy them here to support it, despite some being a touch bastardized. I feel that it legitimatizes my having these, since I have spent my money in support of the comic here in America. Call me stupid, but it makes me feel better about having it. Plus, it's a good way to get my friends into the show, as I'm doing with Bleach right now.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 11-03-2004, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
to buy english manga in sweden is in my opinion just stupid. they cost like 150kr which is like 20 usd or something like that and there are 2 manga stores for english manga in the entire country so it will cost you a good 30kr(4usd) extra to get it shipped to you so with buying any manga at all you wont be able to afford much else. i buy ranma and dnangel which are out in swedish and cost like 50kr which is around 7 usd i guess. so you see how expensive it is. im waiting for the mangas to come out in swedish so i just need to ride my bike 500 metres to the store. the only boring part with sweden is that we got almost no manga at all, we got one piece, dnangel, ranma½, love hina and detective conan in swedish and out of those i have read and seen most of one piece(to chp 340 or so) and love hina is just pure shit in my opinion i enjoyed the anime and all but the manga is just to much. havent read detective conan but by the looks of it its crappy. so that leaves me with ranma and dnangel which are very good mangas. and they are in my price range to i just pay 100kr(14usd) for 2 mangas instead of 24 usd for 1 manga that i can read online. and yes im a bit cheap but that goes without saying when the prices are outrageous.

Hehe come to Uppsala and to Seriezone in this store the most expensive manga is at 128 kr except Blade of the immortal who is at 148 kr. In this store you can find any english manga you want cause they have deals with american manga companies so they can order mangas that isnt in sweden yet,i ordered Initial D v 5 from us and got it efter two weeks.

Also if you have bought manga before from them,the shippment to you wont cost a thing.

I can give you thier number and you can ask them yourself.

It will take 100 years before mangas like kenshin,Berserk,Hellsing in swedish plus they dont sound good in swedish.

KameronFrye
Wed, 11-03-2004, 03:00 AM
Shit, just convert your money over to US $ and mail it to me, add shipping for a small box and I'll save you like $10 per manga or more. Book stores here sell it on average for $8-10, int'l shipping for a box of books shouldn't be much. If a friend of mine gets a job here at a local bookstore, I'll milk his discount on them as well. Or just tell me what you want and I'll list packaged together on Ebay for you with international shipping rate included, if that'll make you feel more secure.

PSJ
Sun, 11-14-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21

Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya

Hehe come to Uppsala and to Seriezone in this store the most expensive manga is at 128 kr except Blade of the immortal who is at 148 kr. In this store you can find any english manga you want cause they have deals with american manga companies so they can order mangas that isnt in sweden yet,i ordered Initial D v 5 from us and got it efter two weeks.

Also if you have bought manga before from them,the shippment to you wont cost a thing.

I can give you thier number and you can ask them yourself.

It will take 100 years before mangas like kenshin,Berserk,Hellsing in swedish plus they dont sound good in swedish.

oh my god tell them to put a website up they would own sfbok handel!! why are they hiding? with prices like that they could probably get alot more money if they had a website to order form and stuff like that.

maxthelostboy
Sun, 11-14-2004, 06:34 PM
I only buy kenshin from shonenjump i got 1-6 so far other than that i think i might continue fallowing rave master published by tokyopop.

samsonlonghair
Fri, 11-26-2004, 11:01 PM
Manga I have bought:

All of cowboy Bebop (including Shooting Star)
Trigun 1-2 and Trigun Maximun 1-3
Berserk 1-5
Hellsing 1-4
Arm of Kannon 1-2
Full Metal Panic 1-5
Excel Saga 1-7
One Piece 1-3
All of FLCL
XXXholic 1
Priest 1
Immortal Rain1-2
Evil's Return 1-2

I honestly just bought a new bookshelf primarily for all my manga and art books

kAi
Sat, 11-27-2004, 12:22 AM
i will be buying the berserk mangas.
i don't know what else i will get yet.

lone wolf and cub is a real good possibility though.

Lefty
Sat, 11-27-2004, 12:36 AM
3x3 eye's, Blade of the imortal, Hellsing, Berserk, Trigun, FMP, Tsubasa, Negumi, Battle Angle, Kenshin, Hot Gimmik, Video girl Ai, Vagabond, Lament of the LAmbs, Get Backers, GTO, Battle royale, Planets, Remote, Battle Vixins. Thats all I can think of for the stuff i buy, for what I DL the list would be just as long.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 11-28-2004, 08:12 AM
I just ordered Kenshin vol 16 and preordered Hellsing vol 6,have to wait until march for it.

kAi
Sun, 11-28-2004, 09:47 AM
woah, thats a long wait.

but good mangas.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 11-28-2004, 11:24 AM
Yeah but its worth the wait.

Im buying OP,Kenshin,Priest,GTO to keep me busy until Hellsing. If you have read the last chap of Hellsing 5 you know why im looking forward to vol 6i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

kAi
Sun, 11-28-2004, 12:17 PM
what is the last chap of vol 5, i got the 3rd chapter of that volume.

Nara Shikamaru VI
Tue, 11-30-2004, 07:50 AM
currently collecting Shaman King

but wil wanna get Samurai Champoo if it's on manga

Hakeem_21
Wed, 12-01-2004, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by: kAi
what is the last chap of vol 5, i got the 3rd chapter of that volume.

You can find hellsing vol 5 here

http://multa.narod.ru/hellsing.htm

kAi
Wed, 12-01-2004, 05:53 AM
ahh sweet, thnx for that.
i haven't looked for hellsing in ages, so i didn't know where it was up to.
so is 7-10 the latest?

Hakeem_21
Wed, 12-01-2004, 06:12 AM
they have till vol 7

samsonlonghair
Wed, 12-01-2004, 04:42 PM
Here's an addendum to what I listed previously: I just bought Excel Saga 8, Immortal Rain 3, and Arm of Kannon 3 and 4 from animenation.com

kAi
Sun, 12-05-2004, 09:11 AM
well on my wish list is Berserk(#1), Naruto, Bleach, Vagabond, Blade of the Immortal, Battle Royale....
and there are others that i would like to get also, but these are the first ones i would get.

samsonlonghair
Sun, 12-05-2004, 10:27 PM
The art in Berserk is absolutely amazing. Everyone old enough to buy that manga should do so.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 12-06-2004, 08:25 AM
Im gonna start buying more of Priest who i recomend to everyone, its a great manwha.

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 12-06-2004, 06:38 PM
Just ordered Pet Shop of Horrors 9, Ring 4, Excel Saga 1 and .hack 3 - gonna get ring 3 as well soon...all as X-mas presents (damn poorness).

Hopefully Excel will be as good (or better as people generally seem to say) as the anime - I liked a load of the anime-only characters so its gonna kinda suck not to have nabeshin, pedro, great-will etc in it...

Hakeem_21
Thu, 12-09-2004, 05:13 AM
Is Pet Shop of Horrors and Ring scary? I want to read mangas like these so are these good?

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 12-09-2004, 02:50 PM
Ring is probably the scariest manga I've read (I've not really found any really scary mangas yet though...) but doesn't quite have the same effect as the film (naturally). However its a hell of a lot scarier than the original novel. Pet Shop of Horrors isn't really that scary, but I guess it depends on how easily you are scared...Ring 1 and 2 are on www.mangareactor.tk (if you have edonkey) so you can download those there if you want to try it out...

Terracosmo
Thu, 12-09-2004, 02:59 PM
I wish JoJo's Bizarre Adventure was available in english.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 12-14-2004, 04:11 PM
I came back from a trip to london today, and while i was there, i managed to triple my manga collection...
so now i have;
Volume 1 of Berserk
Volume 1 of Shoalin soccer
Volume X (unknown number) of Blade of the Immortal
and
Volume 1-3 of Cowboy Bebop

i found a decent manga shop only on the last day of the trip, so i didn't have enough money there to buy more cool stuff, and besides, the strerling (spelling mistakes) is too strong nowdays,,, it's almost 2$ each.

kAi
Tue, 12-14-2004, 05:10 PM
shaolin soccer, haha
i seen that movie ages ago. something funny.

that's a pretty good buy (all of them), unknown number of blade of the immortal, is it hard to read, or ?

Death BOO Z
Tue, 12-14-2004, 05:41 PM
it's volume 4, i bought it (and berserk 1) a few months ago, so i don't really remember the number well...

the sucky part about it is that it's gonna be ages until the next time i'd be able to get more manga, my local manga seller never brings any manga (though he has mountain loads of merchendice) and i'll probably won't leave my country again until after the army, so i'll have to either order it online (deadly prices) or count on my parents to get me a book if they go abroad (and they'll probably pick up some really shitty books).

oh, and another sucky thing, there was an anime & manga festival in london last weekend, and i only found out about it on the last day, when i was on the train away from london for the rest of the day...

Benjamin, ranting out and over, for now.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 12-29-2004, 04:21 PM
I just discovered Vagabond,have read the first ten vol and as big samurai fan i find it so good that im cant decide how many vols to orderi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Lefty
Wed, 12-29-2004, 05:59 PM
Get them all man it's so woth it. Vagabond is a wounderfull series.

Xceleration
Thu, 01-13-2005, 09:43 PM
Good thing I'm taiwanese, I just buy the chinese version of mangas. I have the whole set of Dragon Ball, and the manga isn't as bad as the anime, it only gets crappy starting from frieza saga. I'm hoping to buy One Piece in the near future, as I've heard great things about it.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 01-14-2005, 09:50 AM
I have ordered these mangas

Vagabond vol 11 and 12

One Piece vol 22 and 23

Priest vol 4 and 5

GTO vol 13

I will get the in less than a week,im looking forward to that dayi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Turkish-S
Thu, 01-27-2005, 04:43 AM
lol buying????
allah bless internet

Stoopider
Thu, 01-27-2005, 09:53 AM
Lol. I'll buy them if they weren't so expensive. I'll definitely buy the great serieses when I start getting working.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 01-28-2005, 12:56 PM
I buoght Vagabond vol 13 also couldnt wait to next month and i had extra 100 kr so why not.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 02-05-2005, 01:55 PM
I picked up shoalin Soccer Volume 2 last week, luckly, my manga guy had it, 't was probably some weird dimension jump, as he didn't have volume 1 and he never brings any manga worth reading... but still, thank you, my came-from-a-diffrent-dimension-through-a-wormhole-manga guy!

anyway, it's nice, but too much colors for me to understand what's going on without extensive cognitive action....