PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 106 Discussion

Gods_Son
Wed, 10-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Another filler episode. I didn't bother downloading it.

Koyuki
Wed, 10-27-2004, 06:59 PM
It made sasuke look weak. Sakura saving him. Damn
Only god thing about the episode was the preview.

So next time is sasuke vs naruto i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 10-27-2004, 07:09 PM
woohoo it's over and what a crappy way to defeat someone, this was so horrible naruto used like 10 rasengans, hehehe loved sasuke's face at the end of the episode "damn that bitch naruto beat a jounin i couldn't beat! screw him let's fight"
finally next ep will be goodi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

JusDaMan
Wed, 10-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Surprisingly... they didn't take back the broken raijin sword. Lol... YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA sasuke vs naruto am next! but its so stupid.... sasuke got angry cause of wat? aoi called uchiha a weak clan? and naruto took the glory instead of him?

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 10-27-2004, 07:58 PM
Kick ass were finally up to the naruto vs. sasuke fight. I feel bad for the people who only watch the anime the context for the fight has been completly fucked up. Worked better in the manga. The way it was supposed to happen goes like this. Remember the scene where Tsunande heals Sasuke and he wakes. What was supposed to happen is that he woke up feeling like shit. I mean think about his ego and self esteem have taken a huge beating.

Sasuke finally sees naruto act seriously for the first time in the whole series. In the other scenes he was very conviently taken out of action during all of narutos big achievments (naruto vs kiba fight, naruto vs neji fight, naruto learning the rasegan). When he finally sees naruto in action it's like wtf when did that happen? Having naruto become a force to be reckened with is unnerving but finally meeting his brother and not being able to do shit against him pushes him over the edge. He wakes up feeling like shit and feeling very aggitated. It was really dumb how in the filler story he just instantly goes back to being his old self and he even goes back to wearing his old costume. I'm surprised no one noticed that.

This isn't spoiling dammit they know naruto and sasuke fight it's written all over the new intro and the preview for the new episode seals the deal. I'm just clearing up some misconceptions and defending kishimotos original work. Sasuke getting depressed over seeing naruto defeat a bullshit character who most likely came kishimotos waste basket of rejected character designs does not do the up comming scene any justice.

Arog
Wed, 10-27-2004, 08:04 PM
ok this episode was expected...naruto won in some cheap ass way by just charging in with 1 move over and over again. expect to see a lot more rasengan by naruto...the show is really gonna %#$ up the manga

Omake
Wed, 10-27-2004, 09:14 PM
Gay episode. Aoi was dismissed stupidly, probably so they can bring him back in a later filler arc.

It was really dumb how in the filler story he just instantly goes back to being his old self and he even goes back to wearing his old costume. I'm surprised no one noticed that.

And by nobody, you mean everybody. i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Board of Command
Wed, 10-27-2004, 09:43 PM
The gayest part of this was when the sword broke. And after that, instead of blowing a hole in Aoi's face, the rasengan made Aoi spin like an idiot, and I don't think the rasengan even hit him. All we see is the sword breaking, then something happens and Aoi is suddenly spinning in the air.

Danik
Thu, 10-28-2004, 02:48 AM
FINALLY is over, what a bad filler, the animation on this episode got really bad, the drawings sucked, the rasengan was used like 5 times, oddly the first time that touched the sword it dissapeared and the second time it broke it (wtf!?).
Aoi (or whatever the hell his name is) got beaten up the most stupid way, not even once he fought like a real Jounin... etc, etc, etc.
Thank god we move forward now, and what a bad ass episode is coming up next, they better not screw it up now with flashbacks of what we just saw.

Kaka
Thu, 10-28-2004, 04:45 AM
it was an ok way to finish up i thought.

when sakura fell off the cliff saving sasuke she didnt get beat, naruto barely beat him he just managed to knock him off the cliff, probably more of a it'll give us some time to finish the race victory.

the whole thing about the 10th question was kinda cool.

i like how idate found inspiration from his boss and naruto (a bit like rock lee when gai smiles)

the whole sasuke thing is probably more justified now, i think it will add to sasukes anger, there will be flashbacks of what happened when itachi kicked his ass rather than when aoi did, or maybe both, so i think it perhaps justifys it more.

and the best thing of all is we are back on track next episode - should be interesting

Rek
Thu, 10-28-2004, 06:42 AM
screw you guys... the end of the filler (the tension between sasuke and naruto) totallly made the whole filler awesome... at least they progressed the story a little bit... it had to be something, guys.... just be grateful it was at least this... think of what it could be... and you manga readers bitching that kishimoto shoulda wrote the filler, then your manga woulda been late, and you'd be bitching about that too....

Terracosmo
Thu, 10-28-2004, 07:27 AM
As expected Naruto & Idate became the bestest of friends!
Aoi was defeated in the most gay way ever. Naruto threw out 5 rasengans and yet managed to do some kind of perfect chakra control which he never knew before. Regardless seeing Ibiki again was cool though I expected more interaction between him and Idate.

BRING ON 107!

Omake
Thu, 10-28-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
screw you guys... the end of the filler (the tension between sasuke and naruto) totallly made the whole filler awesome... at least they progressed the story a little bit... it had to be something, guys.... just be grateful it was at least this... think of what it could be... and you manga readers bitching that kishimoto shoulda wrote the filler, then your manga woulda been late, and you'd be bitching about that too....

What the fuck? No, it didn't "progress the story", they reverted the characters' relationships to the stage it was at before the Itachi Arc and then made a halfass attempt to get abck on track. The tension there is far shittier than the shame Sasuke feels at seeing Naruto targeted by his brother - what is being insulted by some no-name Jounin compared to that, even if it DOES remind you of that event?

RaZzy
Thu, 10-28-2004, 08:05 AM
Maybe they are gonna act in the next episode like this filler never happend.. and bring back a few flashbacks of itachi stuff & shit.
I didn't like this episode much, Rasengan is used way too many times and Naruto's "this is my last chakra" speech doesn't make up for it.
I liked the preview.. looks like we're gonna have some ass whooping animation in the next episode.

Masamune
Thu, 10-28-2004, 08:16 AM
Don't mind fillers too much.

But these took away the special feeling to Rasengan.

CUE
Thu, 10-28-2004, 08:24 AM
...Shit. It was shit.

How come the bad guy doesn't run like a retard, yet idate does? How come they didn't think ahead, when they cut the rope? What did they assume would happen?

And how could he use rasengen so many times? They're making it look like a really cheap move. And how come when he hit Aoi he just flew away? What the fuck?

Worst filler arc, ever.

oniorochi
Thu, 10-28-2004, 09:42 AM
Actually, I like this better than the manga; because it stipulates a better example of how weak Sasuke is.
After all, if he's weaker than Naruto then he is much weaker than Itachi, and being defeated by a no name jounin only adds to it.

Don't get me wrong, the filler was crappy in many ways, but this is not one of them, in fact it's the only good thing about it.
The animation was horrible, the story inconsitent, and the dialog was written by a mute mule hung like a pussy.

Well, and the sneak peak into Sakura's baka-strength and medical abilities where neat, but could have been made much better.

I'm happy with this filler arc, if only for so little, it's still better than nothing.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-28-2004, 10:54 AM
I've been a big supporter of this arc up so far but even I didn't care for this episode. Same reasons as everyone else. Continued use of Rasengan, and poor fight animation.

Honestly, I wish they would do it like this: It takes 3 hands for Naruto to do a "proper" Rasengan. But even Naruto's imperfect Rasengans tear giant hole in trees. I wouldn't mind so much if Naruto saved the "proper" rasengan for important times, but threw out the imperfect one often, if for no other reason than continued practice. I mean, I don't expect that Naruto is going to be satisfied with only being good enough with Rasengan that he has to summon up clone every time he wants to do it. At some point he's going to want to train it to the point where he can do it one handed like Jirayai.

On the issue of the way the ninjas run, I wish people would stop complaining about this. While it may look stupid, it makes perfect sense when you think about it. It's very simple, running with your arms swept back is most likely alot more aerodynamic that the normal way, especially at the supernatural speeds at which the ninjas travel. The reason most people swing their arms is an issue of balance. Try running like they do, you will find that its very precarious with your balance without your swinging arms to counter your forward leg movements, one mistep and you're gonna be face first on the ground. Now picture that your a ninja with a fantastically trained sense of balance. If a ninja has enough balance to run without swinging his arms, then of course he would sweep his arms back to get the extra speed.

*nods sagely*

oniorochi
Thu, 10-28-2004, 11:51 AM
Actually, the way they run is tradition, and it's simply based on the fact that it was once simpler to draw.
These days we have computers to deal with the more complex issues of animation, so this is a moot point, but the tradition is still that "silly walks" running; and if you have not noticed, Naruto is anime tradition at it's finest.

animefreak
Thu, 10-28-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by: Danik
FINALLY is over, what a bad filler, the animation on this episode got really bad, the drawings sucked, the rasengan was used like 5 times, oddly the first time that touched the sword it dissapeared and the second time it broke it (wtf!?).
Aoi (or whatever the hell his name is) got beaten up the most stupid way, not even once he fought like a real Jounin... etc, etc, etc.
Thank god we move forward now, and what a bad ass episode is coming up next, they better not screw it up now with flashbacks of what we just saw.

Aoi got beaten up the most stupid way....yea i agree, but i really like the way is finished it, for a cocky guy who acts so cool ended up spinning like a idiots.

fremeer
Thu, 10-28-2004, 12:31 PM
rasengan specialness was raped. i want to make a comment here but its a spoiler. so teach me how to do spoiler tages
the thing that pissed me off most was the stupid sword. if this sword is so cool and has alot of historical importance to konoha u think they could have wasted that no-name jounin along time ago, i doubt anyone beaten in such a pathetic way is a match for the ANBU or any genin-squad leader.

cant wait till 107 they better not make it a two parter

Mister Pie
Thu, 10-28-2004, 02:27 PM
The last 8 minutes or so if this episode was worthless!

Who the heck was that fat guy who interrupted at the end and disbanded the other clan? It was such a completely unecessary twist ... and so pointless too.

"Hey... you guys broke the rules."
Fat guy: "Those rules don't exist. I disband you."
"NOOOOO"

ilabb
Thu, 10-28-2004, 03:10 PM
This filler arc was not that good, but it could have been like 10 episodes of Konohamaru searching for the diamond-encrusted leaprechaun from the Clover village to win over some 2-year-old girl's heart...

For people who complain about the over-use of Rasengan, look at this:

List of jutsu worth mentioning that Naruto knows:

1. Kage Bunshin
2. Summoning
3. Rasengan

As you can see, there really wasn't much he could do... and he's still a Genin for a reason XD
Granted Sasuke should have known better, but... it was a filler arc, who cares.

If anyone expected some Shakespearian work of art, they should be slapped.

I WANT 107 NOW PLZPLOLOZLZZZZZz

(Oh, the animation kinda sucked too)

drcitan
Thu, 10-28-2004, 04:01 PM
The best part about this episode was the previews for the next one. We finally get to see a showdown between naruto and sasuke. Sasukes facial expression at the end of 106 was priceless. I'm pissed how naruto took about 4 shocks from the saber and sasuke took 2 and was finished for the whole fight. Another good part was when sakura and naruto used their chakra to hold on to the cliff. At the end idate showed some impressive foot work thou.

intense
Thu, 10-28-2004, 04:37 PM
gay. even that aoi guy never even did much... was he really a jounin???? waste of time, waste of eps. thats all i got to say. but im really looking forward to the next episode even though i already know whats the result.

SeifeR
Thu, 10-28-2004, 05:11 PM
it was pretty good episode. cant wait to see sasuke vs naruto, thats gonna be good.

Aeon
Thu, 10-28-2004, 06:42 PM
Who the heck was that fat guy who interrupted at the end and disbanded the other clan? It was such a completely unecessary twist ... and so pointless too.

I'm guessing he was the daimyo or one of the feudal lords of the country they were in.

Raposo_C
Thu, 10-28-2004, 06:53 PM
Shity as usual, this has got to be lowest a Naruto arc can ever go filler or otherwise (that I can remember). The only thing that was worth the download was the get that last few seconds of whats going to happen in 107 ... can't wait to see those two fight. About damn time (though when Saskue was surrounded by that mass kage no bushin (sp) I kinda got the impression he was screwed.)

Assertn
Thu, 10-28-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
It was really dumb how in the filler story he just instantly goes back to being his old self and he even goes back to wearing his old costume. I'm surprised no one noticed that.
if you think that sasuke is always supposed to wear that newer outfit he had in the chuunin exam, i suggest you look back at some of the manga chapters that take place after tsunade returns to konoha.

i dont get how that picture the diamyo had was incriminating....unless maybe the hitler guy was supposed to be some unbiased leader or something.....in any case, wtf? can you say pointless details?

DB_Hunter
Thu, 10-28-2004, 07:50 PM
Next episode looks good... Sasuke seems to have lost his mind slightly... with those mad sharingan eyes....

Finally we get to see a chidori vs rasengan match up!

Cal_kashi
Thu, 10-28-2004, 08:15 PM
id says the biggest insult in this whole shitfest was that Idate didn't take off his leg weights to finish the race... It just plain became obvious that they weren't trying and didn't care anymore.

wirm
Thu, 10-28-2004, 09:22 PM
Considering how important this race was, he probably took those weights off at the beginning. No point in holding back.

I'm glad the filler is over, but it could have been a LOT worse. They might have made a filler arc devoted to the Konohamaru corps. Or they could go back to doing D rank missions for another 10 episodes.

Also, ilabb has a very good point. What did you expect Naruto to do besides rasengan?

I got the impression that Aoi got barely nicked by the weakened rasengan, and that's why he went flying.

Darthmoe
Thu, 10-28-2004, 09:31 PM
It pissed me off to see Sasuke being held up by some stranger villager guy during the Idate winning ceremony.
Wtf sasuke should have too much pride to be held by a stranger, atleast sakura or naruto should hold him.

Animation blowed, but its always nice to give other animation teams a chance to get better.

What the hell was that picture that the fat fuedal lord showed him? Was it him farting or something?
And he told him he should quit and become a buddhist and he agrees to it right away? Wtf was that.

And how does Naruto do so many rasengans and then do some crazy spectacular chakra molding move and flip like a monkey just the right way to save the day. Kind of lame.

drcitan
Thu, 10-28-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
if you think that sasuke is always supposed to wear that newer outfit he had in the chuunin exam, i suggest you look back at some of the manga chapters that take place after tsunade returns to konoha.

i dont get how that picture the diamyo had was incriminating....unless maybe the hitler guy was supposed to be some unbiased leader or something.....in any case, wtf? can you say pointless details?

The picture the diamyo had showed the leader of the clan accepting a bribe.

Kagari
Thu, 10-28-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by: CUE

And how could he use rasengen so many times? They're making it look like a really cheap move. And how come when he hit Aoi he just flew away? What the fuck?

All he's doing is molding and controlling chakra, and we all know how much of that he has. Rasengan doesn't take alot of chakra to use, it's relatively easy to create (now that he has the hang of it) and it's effective.

Like the others said, he also doesn't have alot of other options. He didn't even hane kunais or shirukens to use. The cool part is how he uses the technique in different ways (The water typhoon, the different sided attacks, etc.).

Assertn
Thu, 10-28-2004, 10:28 PM
the point is that using rasengan alot makes it seem like some lame carnival trick rather than some all powerful finishing move

Board of Command
Thu, 10-28-2004, 10:37 PM
What is this new outfit you're all talking about? Isn't this the same outfit Sasuke's been wearing the whole series?

Hollow
Thu, 10-28-2004, 10:42 PM
Okay, all you people that are complaining about filler need to hear this...
This ENTIRE ARC is just a means of which to increase tension and build up for the next arc.

And on the Rasengan note, remember what Jiraiya did to the thug at the carnival? Spun him right round....baby....right round.....

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-29-2004, 12:04 AM
And thats another thing, why would the Rasengan spin him like that, when before it always rotated.

I dunno, I just compare the Rasengan that hit Aoi to the one that hit Kabuto and it seems damn inconsistant.

tensai
Fri, 10-29-2004, 12:23 AM
finally, it ended
most of this ep was so stupid
that part where sakura grabbed on to the cliff with her chakra then fell onto a ledge just a couple feet below - scene used too much
that one part where naruto and idate climbed onto the rope was so...gay

im guessing that when naruto hit Aoi, naruto thrusted it quickly and did not really contact him fully - but it still looked inconsistent and fugly

best part was when sasuke looked at midget naruto and got pissed, and i do agree that this filler arc was somewhat of a setup for the sasuke/naruto fight

CUE
Fri, 10-29-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
And thats another thing, why would the Rasengan spin him like that, when before it always rotated.

I dunno, I just compare the Rasengan that hit Aoi to the one that hit Kabuto and it seems damn inconsistant.

That's what I'm saying. Why didn't it do the same thing it did to kabuto? Own him then shove him into a rock, or something. He didn't just fly away when he hit kabuto with it.

Lenas
Fri, 10-29-2004, 02:03 AM
I'm voting that Naruto's rasengan against Aoi was not the same strength as the one used against Kabuto. The lack of focus put into it made it lose concentration and it was like when Jiraiya first taught him how to use it - instead of making a hole, it made a swirl.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 10-29-2004, 02:32 AM
Hey guys I just had a thought... I was just watching 106 again and while watching the opening credits I came up with this...

You know how its shown now that how Naruto and Sasuke are gonna end up fighting each other, as in for a whole arc or so... in the opening credits you see the bit which is obviously Sasuke's arm holding the Konoha head protector when they show Naruto and Sakura, then dropping it when you see Oro and Itachi...

Well at the beginning they show a whole bunch of scenes with Neji, Shikamaru, Naruto, Chouji and Kiba... tell me what you guys think of the theory that somehow Sasuke will end up leaving the village, either being taken by Oro or leaving by his own accord, and these five have to go get him back?

The only flaw I could think with this theory is that you would think that Naruto or Neji on their own would be enough to track down Sasuke and get him back... so why send a team while you could just send these two? OK throw in Shikamaru for the strategy, but why Chouji and Kiba?

glitched
Fri, 10-29-2004, 03:45 AM
glitched, nobody cares if you read the manga or not - AssertnFailure

basey44
Fri, 10-29-2004, 03:46 AM
choji gets sent incase they get attacked by hamburger no jutsu and its not kibas choice to go, he goes cos akamaru wants to score

Assassin
Fri, 10-29-2004, 11:07 AM
intresting idea hunter. but as much as i'd like to see something like that, i dont really see it hapenning.

if sasuke was taken by oro, then tehy would never send genins to retrieve him. they would send a few anbu teams and maybe jiraya. and if he leaves on his own, he'd probably be considered a threat to other genins since he's an uchiha, and he has that cursed seal. so in that case, they'd still send kakashi or someone....maybe naruto and sakura would come along, but i dont see the other genins getting involved.

the only way i see that heppening is if they're all like chilling together, and they see sasuke leave, ad decide to go after him, withoug telling anyoen else first. but like i said, its unlikely.

CUE
Fri, 10-29-2004, 12:11 PM
If he was taken hostage, then they would send jounins..

If he left his own accord, he'd be considered a threat, like itachi, and probably not send anyone

And it occured to me that this filler would've been 10x better if Kakashi actually came. He'd just come in and own aoi. Then it'd be over.

Board of Command
Fri, 10-29-2004, 05:19 PM
Sasuke might leave to seek help from Oro. Remember that the cursed seal still exists in case he wants more power. He'll probably get beat up by Naruto, then leave to become stronger.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 10-29-2004, 06:44 PM
i think im cool for reading the manga

intense
Fri, 10-29-2004, 06:55 PM
aw... well just wait and see.

KameronFrye
Fri, 10-29-2004, 08:36 PM
Bad news fanboys... Sasuke is not a god. He's not a Marvel Super Hero. He's a Genin, just as Naruto is. I don't feel the tension of threatening loss of life that Kabuto gave Naruto from Aoi. This arc for me was better for character development. But seriously, the Rasengan variety was neat. That is what Naruto does with his techniques, he takes something he has learned and gives it a new spin. Hell, I'm waiting to see him do something like take a Rasengan and just throw it, given the way he gives twists to techniques. Maybe even have multiple ones going and just juggle some folks around, even.

As for the fight everyone is waiting on here, I have three words for you:

Guy vs. Kakashi.

Don't get your hopes up. This show has a bad way of getting you excited for fights that don't ever come around. All of the cool "scenes" could be flashbacks instead of an intense fight. I'm sure it'll have good character to it, which this show has, but I'm keeping my expectations low for the fight.

animefreak
Fri, 10-29-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
Sasuke might leave to seek help from Oro. Remember that the cursed seal still exists in case he wants more power. He'll probably get beat up by Naruto, then leave to become stronger.

i don't think so, because oro is handicap, what could he do if he can't use his hands.

Board of Command
Fri, 10-29-2004, 09:55 PM
Sasuke doesn't know that.

Danik
Fri, 10-29-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
The only flaw I could think with this theory is that you would think that Naruto or Neji on their own would be enough to track down Sasuke and get him back... so why send a team while you could just send these two? OK throw in Shikamaru for the strategy, but why Chouji and Kiba?

Here is a bigger flaw with your theory, all those people (except Naruto) are not even good friends with Sasuke, so why go get him? they don't care if he leaves or is taken away, and like Assassin said, even if your scenario happens, they would send stronger people, not some lower rank ninjas.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 10-30-2004, 12:23 AM
I wouldn't have thought being a buddy was necessary when being sent by your village on a mission to retrieve a missinig nin....

I don't think Sasuke is that strong, afterall the whole thing about him being pissed would be cos he percieves Naruto to be stronger than him. The village after Oro's attack doesn't have enough people to spare to go after a Genin, yet since this is an Uchiha they sent out these Genin's. Then you got Neji, who only lost to Naruto after a close battle... your looking at a pretty lean force there and considering its only going out after a Genin its not that bad.

Assertn
Sat, 10-30-2004, 02:34 AM
maybe some anbu will see sasuke attempt to leave the village and kill him on the spot for making himself a missing-nin i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

basey44
Sat, 10-30-2004, 02:48 AM
thatd be a great idea, cos that is their job ya know, also then they can bring his head to the hokage and say look who we were lucky enough to kill, YAY

Assertn
Sat, 10-30-2004, 03:06 AM
then they can be all like "FINALLY WE DID SOMETHING"

Jakins
Sat, 10-30-2004, 09:37 AM
well I think we all know whats gonna happen in the next installment of naruto vs sauske, rasengan and chidori cancel each other out and kakashi breaks up the fight

Arog
Sat, 10-30-2004, 10:35 AM
hmmm nice speculation...lol

Eurasian
Sat, 10-30-2004, 01:30 PM
i just have to say that the preview for 107 was better than this filler arc. omg...it's coming..naruto v. sasuke. :: Drool::

everything was as expected but i like how they made sasuke even more pissed off at naruto.

JKD
Sat, 10-30-2004, 05:39 PM
Glad to see that this damn filler arc is over. Can't wait for 107 rasengan vs chidori is going to be great!!

basey44
Sat, 10-30-2004, 09:45 PM
after finally seeing ep 106, yea i got sick of waiting for Aone and downloaded dattebayo, ive decided when i give my mate this anime im gonna skip all these fillers and keep it like it was in the manga, as long as ep 107 wont heavily refer to this arc that just passed.

by the way this was a shit ep and why the hell did Aoi spin like that, id like to see more violence and seeing as he is basically a konoha chuunin i wouldve liked to have seen a nice big hole in his stomach

oniorochi
Sun, 10-31-2004, 08:30 AM
Have you guys and girls noticed that the new intro, just at the start, had that cage what we will see in the next episode; i.e. the place where Naruto and Sasuke will fight. I really liked that, adds even more emotion to the really good intro.

kooshi
Sun, 10-31-2004, 06:24 PM
Just watched 106 and I gotta say, what a piece of crap. Normally, I wouldn't be criticizing any episode at all, but this one...ugh.

The only three good things about this episode: that cocky Aoi getting his ass kicked (although it was in a crappy way), Sasuke's expression towards Naruto, and the preview to the next episode. DAMN, the long wait is finally over!!! SASUKE VS NARUTO!!!!!

Assertn
Mon, 11-01-2004, 04:00 PM
i dont remember if i brought this up yet.....

but im surprised nobody thought it was odd for the leader of an anbu squad of the torture and interrogations division came to pick up a couple of injured genins from the country of tea

Board of Command
Mon, 11-01-2004, 04:07 PM
Ibiki is an undercover mist ninja and he planned the whole thing.

DeathscytheVII
Mon, 11-01-2004, 11:36 PM
So....who still thinks Aoi (or whatever the hell he's called) is a jounin level ninja? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

thought so, he got PWNED. ALthough not in the way i wished... that twirling falling thing was pretty bad, in terms of both animation and context of the story.

Jeff_from_MD
Mon, 11-01-2004, 11:40 PM
to be honest, I've been avoiding naruto threads for a month just so I don't have to hear people saying how much they suffer just cuz they went up and read a manga beforehand. And for the whole time, I actually kinda enjoyed the arc and its buildup.

But this episode totally crashed. FOr a number of reasons:

1) What was with the gay combos naruto used in conjunction with the rasengan? Like he'll send out two clones to throw rocks. ANd then another clone that charges in just decides to go poof WITHOUT EVEN GETTING HIT. And suddenyl we see the real naruto from above (finally). Meanwhile, idate lobs a rock in the middle of this sequence to show his spirit, when he could have just as easily done it before Naruto was CLEARLY NOT FINISHED WITH THE COMBO.

2) Why cut the remaining rope so Idate can swing to the other side? Naturally they'll hit the cliff face hard, but more importantly...Idate still has to traverse the length of the rope to reach the end! Wouldn't he rather do it horizontally rather than vertically!?!?

3) The whole winner judgement at the end was like...totally random. So what if the big guy says "naw uh, the rules don't say that Idate can't be carried. Therefore Idate wins!" I mean he's probably right, but that was such an unfulfilling rebuttal right there.

Naruto usually surprises me with his strategy. This episode he didn't show any of that.

AcidMonkey
Tue, 11-02-2004, 04:54 PM
Thank God this arc is finally over. I'm looking forward to the next episode, but not too much. =p

Why? Well, I think that most likely the first 17 minutes will be setting up, and then a bit of fighting/talking, and then ending with Naruto surrounding Sasuke with his Kage Bunshin-ites. By the way, thanks to whoever that manga reader was that clarified how the story is really supposed to go (Based on the Manga). I think I'll block this whole story arc from my memory. =p

RaZzy
Tue, 11-02-2004, 05:45 PM
Offcourse the Naruto vs Sasuke fight was coming soon.... you see those 2 fighting in de intro i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif (the shadows at the start)

Mut
Tue, 11-02-2004, 06:13 PM
it's obvious. sasuke is gonna kick naruto's ass in 107. i hate naruto.

btw, razzy, fix your freaking sig, i've already PM'd you about it a while ago.

Mob-B
Tue, 11-02-2004, 07:16 PM
I find the intro kind of sad when it shows sakuras flashbacks of naruto and sasuke together...gave me the chills.

Souryusen
Tue, 11-02-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
i dont remember if i brought this up yet.....

but im surprised nobody thought it was odd for the leader of an anbu squad of the torture and interrogations division came to pick up a couple of injured genins from the country of tea

You didn't think it was that candy-ass Aoi that put Sasuke in bandages, did you? He's sailing the globe pounding the shit out of everyone who cheated on his exam. Those bastards.

kAi
Wed, 11-03-2004, 10:38 PM
just watched this yesterday and
i really hated this episode...
lets hope that the next one is better! and the ones to follow

basey44
Wed, 11-03-2004, 10:46 PM
the next one is better, just waiting for a mod to put up a thread for it, i dont remember the rules for that, if we have to wait for a mod to do it or what, so ill just wait

Board of Command
Wed, 11-03-2004, 11:50 PM
Subbed 107 isn't out yet. Only raw is out, and unless you understand Japanese it's pretty pointless right now. Just wait till Dattebayo releases it tomorrow.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 11-04-2004, 03:31 AM
subbed 107 is out though...