PDA

View Full Version : cartooning/animation

basey44
Wed, 10-27-2004, 08:20 AM
i was wondering if we had any professional cartoonists or animators here at these forums as i would like to know what its like as a profession

im about to finish school and have recently started to draw stuff again, which is immensely fun and was wondering if its a good career path to choose?

right now i know my pics arent very good but ive been drawing new stuff all the time and when exams are over i would love to just sit down and create a mountain of sketches i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif its gonna be fun

mods could you try not to lock this up too fast, i would like to get some answers i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Arog
Wed, 10-27-2004, 09:05 AM
um if u go to anime expos u can maybe find some information there? like i know they sell markers and stuff and there are some artists there as well which you can talk to which would probably be better than asking on the forums

Assertn
Wed, 10-27-2004, 10:34 AM
when you say animators......does that include 3d animators?

basey44
Wed, 10-27-2004, 10:37 AM
actually what i meant was comics and animations as in cartoons. im an idiot
nuh not 3d stuff like toy story and the final fantasy movie, just stuff like general anime, or x-men i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Assertn
Wed, 10-27-2004, 11:06 AM
ohhh......cant help you there

::resumes large render of robotic millipede animation::