PDA

View Full Version : Music: J-Pop/J-Rock

Terracosmo
Tue, 10-26-2004, 08:46 AM
Hey, we're anime nerds.
Logically some of us will listen to japanese music such as visual kei bands.

What I like about japanese rock is, besides the wicked image some of them use (I swear to god some of the guys in j-rock bands are sexier than MANY girls when they have their make-up etc on) is that their rock is a lot harder than the rock we have in many english speaking countries; in fact, many many rock bands are closer to metal than rock. Which of course attracts me.

X-Japan for example is clearly a heavy metal band. They are very good btw and have done some of the best ballads I've ever heard, you know a ballad is good when swedish girls who hate the japanese language still likes to make out to the songs.

A band I've listened to for a long time is Luna Sea, which is closer to rock than metal. They have some nice tunes, for example Anubis & Virgin Mary.

Right now I'm into Dir En Grey! Their music is really hard (for a j-rock band) and have many industrial elements. There is even fragments of death metal in some songs (insane screams & blastbeats).

So yeah, any other fans of j-rock around?

PSJ
Tue, 10-26-2004, 08:56 AM
hmm i have heard some dir en grey and i gotta say it doesnt impress me all that much but its decent maybe i should try x japan and luna sea. since im in search for new music i cuold give dir en grey a second chance to.

im expecting to see reita in here with a long ass post about this so hopefully he got some suggestions to.

Terracosmo
Tue, 10-26-2004, 09:03 AM
I thought you liked that song I sent ya i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

TwisT
Tue, 10-26-2004, 09:06 AM
I've listend to X-Japan.. they are pretty good.. I've seen a few of there music-videos to.. they look crazy ^^

But they have some good songs.. It would be fun to get a few more names of simular bands so this was a good thread..

I'm Twist, and I'm gay

Terracosmo
Tue, 10-26-2004, 09:08 AM
X-Japan look pretty normal compared to many of the other visual kei bands though.

Elite Hentai
Tue, 10-26-2004, 09:14 AM
I like some Asian Kung Fu Generation. My favorite songs are Haruka Kanata, Reraito, Kimi to iu Hana and Mirai no Kakera.

I also like Flow. I loved their CD "Game" so I also tried to download their earlier CD "Splash" but there are no seeders i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. That was 2 months ago and it is still in my download queue.
Is there anybody willing to send it to me?

Winged Dancer
Tue, 10-26-2004, 09:36 AM
Ooooh, I like K-Rock! I don't know if what I listen to is heavy, but I like Asian KungFu Generaion and THE STAND UP.. those are my favorites.
Also, the guy who did the Naruto Fifth ending (I think), Ima Made Nandomo, I love the way he sings... I think the group's called The Massmissile.

Terracosmo
Tue, 10-26-2004, 10:05 AM
Indeed, that guy has a pretty nice voice.

And YAY finally it works to upload avatars on the profile for me. </offtopic>

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 10-26-2004, 12:09 PM
X-Japan and Luna Sea are good good. Also like L`Arc-en-ciel, Siam Shade (1/3 junjou na kanjou from R.Kenshin), Asian KungFu Generation, and Mass Missile (ima made nandomo)

Winged Dancer
Tue, 10-26-2004, 12:33 PM
I've never quite liked L'Arc en Ciel, but X-Japan has some good songs. I like neXt Dream and Crucify my Love (viva the engrish!), as well as Endless Rain... can't say I have listened to much of them though.

Has anyone heard anything from ORANGE RANGE? (whats with japanese and the caps, I wonder?) They are the guys who made the third Naruto closing, Viva Rock. Its more of rap/rock, I'm guessing, but I like them too.

BTW Terra, your avatar has made me curious now. Which show is it from?

Elite Hentai
Tue, 10-26-2004, 01:20 PM
Yes, I heard of them and I like them too (Chesuto rocks and the Lokolotion video is great hehe) but I didn't mention them because it's rap/rock.

SK
Tue, 10-26-2004, 01:43 PM
guys dressed as girls=bad.

Swallow Your Soul
Tue, 10-26-2004, 02:14 PM
Dir En Grey are well ace, their last single Saku (with Machiavellism as the B-Side) is well good...I got mp3s of their new live DVD and they're getting more aggressive as they go along...only been into them since around the time of their last album but their older stuff is pretty cool as well (Pink Killer, Zan and Hydra are all cool). Another band I've just been getting into fairly recently are D'espairs Ray...they're darker than Dir En Grey in a lot of ways, and their songs are more...um...gothic (goths don't shout at me...I can't think of a better term i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif). Those two are probably my favourite bands right now behind Mad Capsule Markets, and both singers have really good voices and they can scream/growl pretty good too...

Theres a few other bands worth listening to as well like 12012 and a band called Phobia were ok when I tried their album out.

Terracosmo
Tue, 10-26-2004, 02:44 PM
WD: It's Yzak Jule from Gundam Seed, that too. Just a better pic of him.

Swallow: Yeah I heard some Despairs Ray too they are indeed more gothic. I want to get more of 'em...

kooshi
Tue, 10-26-2004, 03:33 PM
Me, I haven't really gotten into Japanese music that much. I pretty much got the songs from the openings and endings of a whole bunch of anime. From that, the only rock I have listened to are from Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Flow, and Orange Range. Everything else is pop (ex. Gundam Wing, FMA), so it really doesn't count in this topic.
I do plan on getting some more music by those rock bands, particularly AKFG. Heh, that group is so good, although their music videos for Haruka Kanata and Riraito are a little on the boring side (yeah, they just play music the entire time, no excitement). Any possibility that I can d/l any of their CDs from the net, or is that not allowed here to post a link? I would try supernova.org, but I'm at school now and class is about to start.

jing
Tue, 10-26-2004, 04:04 PM
i used to listen to l'arc en ciel, but their songs just bore me now... so now i listent o asian kungfu generation, and PIERROT.

Swallow Your Soul
Tue, 10-26-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
WD: It's Yzak Jule from Gundam Seed, that too. Just a better pic of him.

Swallow: Yeah I heard some Despairs Ray too they are indeed more gothic. I want to get more of 'em...

I think theres an entire discography still here...thats how I got most of their stuff http://torrents.theppn.org

Board of Command
Tue, 10-26-2004, 08:55 PM
I don't listen to Japanese music.

Harakiri
Wed, 10-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Personally, i wouldn't find J-Rock hard. It's normally quite soft, melodic, and plus the bands live on the two uppermost guitar strings. Anything based around high pitch will have trouble being considered heavy.

Also, they wouldn't be recognised as heavy music artists in the Western world, because they're so image-based. That's not what Western rock is about, traditionally. Hell, it's the opposite.

I doubt Dir En Grey will get any moshpits - i have no problem with cross-dressers - but i won't mosh to a bunch of pretty boys dressed like chicks.

PSJ
Wed, 10-27-2004, 05:50 PM
ehm have you listened to some of dir en greys songs? what i heard were wuite heavy. dont shoot off your mouth about stuff you dont know.

Lefty
Wed, 10-27-2004, 05:52 PM
I listen to the Pillows which I would say are one of the better bands to come out of Japan. Japan X reminds too much of dilluted 80's rock but thats my opinion.

Harakiri
Wed, 10-27-2004, 05:53 PM
The Pillows, they did the FLCL ending, right? Yeah, they're pretty good.

Terracosmo
Thu, 10-28-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by: Harakiri
Personally, i wouldn't find J-Rock hard. It's normally quite soft, melodic, and plus the bands live on the two uppermost guitar strings. Anything based around high pitch will have trouble being considered heavy.

Also, they wouldn't be recognised as heavy music artists in the Western world, because they're so image-based. That's not what Western rock is about, traditionally. Hell, it's the opposite.

I doubt Dir En Grey will get any moshpits - i have no problem with cross-dressers - but i won't mosh to a bunch of pretty boys dressed like chicks.

NORMALLY quite soft yes. But not always.
They wouldn't be considered heavy music? Dir is about as heavy, in fact, mostly heavier than X-Japan which is considered a heavy metal band in the Western world. Dir en Grey doesn't get moshpits? Download a live video. Sounds like you didn't even hear the band to me.

Finally I've been listenening to metal since I learned to walk so I think I know what I'm talking about.

Harakiri
Thu, 10-28-2004, 04:11 AM
I've been listening to metal starting with bands like Sepultura since I was eleven, and since then i've moved throughout metal, grindcore, power metal, etc, and I currently listen to Aborted, Machine Head, Megadeth and Alice in Chains.

An example of Dir En Grey not sounding like 'heavy metal' to me is Cage, or Yokan. Those tracks in particular are flat out pop music. Although some bands can move through being heavy and being softer - example, Alice in Chains, who mix depressed ballads with aggressive metal - Dir En Grey can't cover the two poles of extremity, those being Heavy metal and idol pop.

You're right, i haven't seen a live video, but songs like Yokan, Cage, Aoi Tsuki[sp?] just don't sound like the kinda stuff i'd mosh to. I'd mosh to Machine Head, Anal Cunt, Aborted, Deicide, and refused.

Terracosmo
Thu, 10-28-2004, 07:28 AM
Didn't hear those songs. I'm relatively new to the world of Dir but it's a possability that they've changed their style throughout the times, Kisou is a heavy album.

The bands you like are almost all on the extreme metal side, so given that fact I can understand that you don't see Dir as a heavy band at all.

Harakiri
Fri, 10-29-2004, 09:27 AM
The songs i mentioned, although not heavy, are still fantastic songs. Cage and Yokan are two of my favourite songs!

But certainly, some songs are quite heavy. Mr Newsman and Umbrella were pretty heavy.

Swallow Your Soul
Fri, 10-29-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by: Harakiri
An example of Dir En Grey not sounding like 'heavy metal' to me is Cage, or Yokan. Those tracks in particular are flat out pop music. Although some bands can move through being heavy and being softer - example, Alice in Chains, who mix depressed ballads with aggressive metal - Dir En Grey can't cover the two poles of extremity, those being Heavy metal and idol pop.

Cage is ace, mainly cos I like playing it on bass i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.

As for heavier songs (while hardly being death metal they are still pretty agressive) try:

Obscure (a screenshot of which is in my avatar) - pretty simple but cool song and a well good video
Hydra (I only discovered this recently but it fucking rules - especially the new live DVD version)
Zan
Pink Killer (cool screaming)
Saku - the video for this is amazing and its got a cool epic chorus
Child Prey - kinda punky but it also has a cool pretty heavy roaring bit
The III D Empire
Ugly
I'll leave it there...

etc

They're not really heavy metal but IMO they can definitely dish out heavier stuff on occasion...for me the wide ranges in their music was one of the biggest draw factors for me...plus Kyo's got a cool scream i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.

Can't wait till the DVD finishes downloading...

Got tickets to see the Mad Capsule Markets live (in Sheffield cos they're not playing Manchester i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif) which is gonna be fucking well good...

Tsukiyomi
Fri, 10-29-2004, 09:34 PM
My favorite is L'Arc en~ciel. They have been around for awhile. I went to the Otakon where they were playing...... I have never in my life seen some many fan-girls that ripped each others eyes out to get Hyde's waterbottle ....... i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Harakiri
Sat, 10-30-2004, 01:07 PM
I was hoping to get Capsules tickets for, i think it was London, where they were playing. However, i figure that's too far for one concert - I live in South West England. Furthest i went lately was Exeter, to the Lemon Grove for 36 Crazyfists.

Terracosmo
Sat, 10-30-2004, 08:36 PM
I agree with you there Swallow Your Soul they truly play a varied range of music. Pink Killer has certain death elements in it while of course not being true death metal can mislead some people with the blast beats, there are even industrial touches in their music (not necessarily industrial metal though). If I was forced to catagorize Dir en grey I'd call them a heavy rockband with a wide array of random elements. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

+DespairsRay+ - Garnet

AWESOME

Deblas
Sat, 10-30-2004, 08:44 PM
im really into rock but i've never heard jrock. can somebody tell me where can i find some?

Terracosmo
Sat, 10-30-2004, 09:02 PM
http://torrents.theppn.org/summary.php

That place has some nice torrents.

Deblas
Sat, 10-30-2004, 09:38 PM
nice, thanks terra

PSJ
Sun, 11-14-2004, 04:20 PM
just started to listen to X Japan i must say they got some of the most furious drumming i've ever heard the tempo is awesome and the guitars at that. i have so far only heard 2 songs, Kurenai and Silent Jealosy but man thats some great pieces of art. i call it art becuase it truely is an art to create music like this.

Terracosmo
Sun, 11-14-2004, 11:43 PM
I'm glad you liked the stuff I sent, PSJ.

Eurasian
Mon, 11-15-2004, 03:06 AM
DIR EN GREY!!!! DIR EN GREY!!!!!

i watched an interview and i just love how they don't exactly fit. then they started to talk about their hair.

PSJ
Sat, 11-20-2004, 07:04 PM
oh yea finally listened through all of X Japans work and its breathtaking, i mean Art of Life 29 fucking minutes long and they pull it off like it was nothing its awesome. and the remade tracks on Rose and Blood are awesome to. they have so many great songs its crazy. i mena songs like joker, desperate angel, i'll kill you. just awesome.

Kakafosha
Sun, 11-21-2004, 03:59 AM
i've listened to some j-rock on random internet radio stations and from anime osts. i liked a lot of the j-rock as much as i like the bands here in the u.s. i'd only wish i knew where to find out about some more bands. anyone have any good j-rock websites that are in enlgish? please post them!

Lefty
Tue, 11-30-2004, 03:23 AM
anybody know of anyother bittorent site for J-Rock. I'm trying to find songs for a band call The petebest, if you know of anyplaces I would be thankful.

Terracosmo
Thu, 04-21-2005, 05:10 AM
Okay I've renamed this thread so now we can use this as a full j-music discussion.

I'll get the ball rolling by saying that Ayumi Hamasaki's new single is out and you all NEED it. so go DL it right now!

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 04-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Would that be 'Step You'? I've only heard odd songs by her, not really listened to her in years...last time I saw a torrent for her discography it was like 6gb so I left it...

Are there any other songs comparable to Evolution or End of the World?

As for J-Rock torrent sites, since bunko went down sites have been relatively difficult to find, I dunno whether any of these can be of any help but these are the ones I know of...did a quick search for that petebest band but didn't find anything...may as well post them anyway for anyone who's interested...

http://impact-media.me.uk/phptracker/torrents.php - Tonberry Torrents, probably the best torrent site I know of for J-Rock

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67

http://bittorrent.frozen-layer.net/?seccion=18

http://mullemeck.serveftp.org/jps_beta/?page=browse - mostly J-Pop I think...you need to register as well

Terracosmo
Thu, 04-21-2005, 12:35 PM
yeah it's Step You/Is This Love? (double single). The latter is better. She does some odds songs but there are a lot of ones comparable to Evo & End of the world too of course.
I'd recommend you to use bittornado and find the 6gb torrent again, and choose not to download any singles in the batch. This should leave you with her albums (and lives if you want those, oh and skip the remix albums too they all suck) which should be well under 1 gb and include all the noteworthy songs from singles anyway.

2:25
Thu, 04-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Malice Mizer
even though they are gone gone goneeeeee now.

NM
Thu, 04-21-2005, 01:30 PM
Do you guys know where I can get albums by Cool Joke? I checked the sites Swallow Your Soul listed but couldn't find any i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. My favorite song by them is UNDO, from FMA opening 3. That song rocks.

Ioz
Fri, 04-22-2005, 03:14 AM
the pillows
asian kung-fu generation
the polysics
deer hoof (not actually from japan but fronted by a japanese girl who sings in her native laguage)
DMBQ

Terracosmo
Tue, 11-01-2005, 05:00 PM
BUMP.

I command you all to download Nami Tamaki's new single "Get Wild". NOW!!!!

Phoenix20578
Tue, 11-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Post a link and I will

EDIT: WTF? When did my title change?

XanBcoo
Tue, 11-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Ditto.

Also, I don't suppose anyone has any music by The Mass Missle, do they?

Lefty
Tue, 11-01-2005, 05:52 PM
Anyone know place where I can Find Thee Michelle Gun Elephant. I have their High Time Album and want to get more.

Terracosmo
Tue, 11-01-2005, 06:25 PM
haaaaaaai (nami tamaki's new single) (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5B%23aznmp3%5DNami%20Takami%20-%20Get%20Wild%20%5B256kbps.2005.11.02%5D.zip.torre nt)

and about the titles (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=62&threadid=16716&enterthrea d=y)

Phoenix20578
Tue, 11-01-2005, 09:39 PM
Wow, I must give Terra credit, Nami Tamaki kick ass. All of the songs off the single kick ass.

Does anyone know where I can get the full version of Aozora no Namida (Blood+ Opening)?

Terracosmo
Tue, 11-01-2005, 10:12 PM
Of course they do. Nami is a godess. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

NM
Wed, 11-02-2005, 12:30 AM
Nami Tamaki is one of my most favorite Jpop artists of all time. Nami = <3!!!111 This single really rocks.

As much as I love her though, all I have are her two cds, Greeting and Make Progress, and now this single. Oh, and I have her PV's to. Anyone have a link to her other singles?

Terracosmo
Wed, 11-02-2005, 12:33 AM
I have Heroine but I don't have a link to it :S

Hakeem_21
Wed, 11-02-2005, 08:31 AM
My fav Jpop artist is the queen of Hip-pop as she calls herself Namie Amuro she is great. Her album Queen of Hip-pop is amazing.

I have an album some others songs of her but if anyone knows some jpop site i can find her song let me know. Maybe you know Terra?

Other favorits are Do As Infinity,Gackt,Ayumi(really likes Song A XX),Kodi Kuma,Melody.

I will try this X Japan so see how good jrock is.

Terracosmo
Wed, 11-02-2005, 09:29 AM
X-Japan doesn't sound like most J-rock does though, it's lots heavier (and better).
Still though, it's the best japanese band that's ever been around. In fact, the best band ever :S

Psyke
Wed, 11-02-2005, 06:26 PM
For people looking more into Japanese rock/pop, I recommend Orange Range, DOA, Tommy Heavenly6, and ZONE.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 11-03-2005, 02:48 PM
I havent heard any jrock except the song Scream by Glay so i dont know what to expect of X Japan.

Cant you guys post any sites you know thats has jpop,jrock. I feel so lost i cant find most of the artist im after.

Terracosmo
Thu, 11-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Great site with info about many jpop/jrock bands: http://projectj.net/

Metalstorm's X Japan corner, pretty informative: http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands...nd.php?band_id=x_japan (http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/view_band.php?band_id=x_japan)
(check out my Dahlia review... plug! ;D)

Hakeem_21
Sat, 11-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Nice thanks for the links and i will check out the review.

Enderz
Sun, 11-06-2005, 12:14 PM
i dont litsen to j-pop or j-rock but i like the some japan melodys

Phoenix20578
Sun, 11-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Terra, aka the divining rod of all j-pop/rock, do you know a good place to dl? Most of the links post before are inactive.

Terracosmo
Sun, 11-06-2005, 02:10 PM
There's a new Ayumi Hamasaki single - Heaven - out too btw, it's been out for some while but I never saw it until now, which is a shame because she's my absolute favorite j-pop artist (if you don't like her you must burn in hell). Her new album is due on new year's day, hooray! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

@Phoenix:

The following torrent sites usually have good stuff:

http://www.jpopsuki.com/main.html
http://impact-media.me.uk/phptracker/index.php
http://www.torrentspy.com/

Other than that I just get new stuff at http://tokyotosho.com/ , but torrents there die when they get old unfortunately.

GhostKaGe
Mon, 11-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Found the full vid of X-japan - Art of life (live at the tokyo dome) been looking for it for ages

Eurasian
Mon, 11-07-2005, 11:59 PM
There's a new Ayumi Hamasaki single - Heaven - out too btw, it's been out for some while but I never saw it until now, which is a shame because she's my absolute favorite j-pop artist (if you don't like her you must burn in hell). Her new album is due on new year's day, hooray!

haha i love that song!!!! and yes it has been out for a while *petpet*

Psyke
Wed, 11-09-2005, 10:28 AM
Some Jpop/Jrock recommendations by yours truly!

For those who want to know more Jpop groups/songs other than the usual Ayumi/Nami, do give these songs a try. Recommended by me of course i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Orange Range - Kiri Kiri Mai (http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0J4VGQ6C72VYW1W8GHAWT0ZMB9)

ZONE - Egao Biyori (http://s35.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2F3UJ13ERHKYB0NYAFL1TFIY5)

Tommy Heavely6 - Gimme all of your love! (http://s28.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0MEDC549J5Q231FCHT7U2RK9NH)

Tell me if you like them, and perhaps I can upload more. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Terracosmo
Wed, 11-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by: GhostKaGe
Found the full vid of X-japan - Art of life (live at the tokyo dome) been looking for it for ages

LINKPLZ i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

GhostKaGe
Wed, 11-09-2005, 01:57 PM
i lost the link due to reformating my main hard drive but i still have the torrent saved on my F drive so if you pm me your email ill send you the torrent

Phoenix20578
Mon, 11-28-2005, 06:27 PM
There is no reason that this thread should be 2nd page.

Passion (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0ILY0W2B)

Newest one from Utada Hikaru, Passion. Great song, unfourtuntly, the single isn't out yet i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

kooshi
Mon, 11-28-2005, 09:14 PM
Any chance someone can put up a link to a High and Mighty Color album? It's most likely just me, but I either can't access those sites or it's extremely slow.

Terracosmo
Mon, 11-28-2005, 09:17 PM
The Art of Life live video which we talked about above was fucking sweet. Yoshiki playing on the piano while sitting on the keys = classic.

GhostKaGe
Tue, 11-29-2005, 07:43 AM
This video is sweet

X japan Art of life torrent (http://ts.searching.com/directory.asp?mode=torrentdetails&id=476578&query= art+of+life)

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/2200/capture0sa.jpg

NM
Sun, 12-04-2005, 09:14 PM
New single by Asian Kung Fu Generation! (http://www.mininova.org/tor/163262) Its called "Blue Train" and its pretty good like the rest of their stuff. It has 4 tracks: Blue Train, Road Movie, Tobenai Sakana, and Gekkou. Blue Train is my favorite from this one. Enjoy!

XanBcoo
Sun, 12-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Blue Train is like an exact mix of "Impressions That I Get" by Mighty Mighty Bosstones and a song by The Pillows which title escapes me.

Edit: "Skeleton Liar" by The Pillows.

Terracosmo
Sun, 12-04-2005, 11:07 PM
This video is sweet

X japan Art of life torrent (http://ts.searching.com/directory.asp?mode=torrentdetails&id=476578&query= art+of+life)

hide is so awesome

edit: WAS so awesome

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Sun, 12-04-2005, 11:37 PM
where can i dl the old T.M. Revolution albums?

GhostKaGe
Mon, 12-05-2005, 11:25 AM

This video is sweet

hide is so awesome

edit: WAS so awesome

if you love that vid theres more
Here (http://ts.searching.com/directory.asp?mode=torrentdetails&id=440498&query= x+japan)

X Japan - DAHLIA (PV).mpg
X Japan - Kurenai (Live 1992).mpeg
X Japan - Kurenai (Live TV).mpg
X Japan - Silent Jealousy.mpg
X Japan - Vanishing Vision (Live Footage).mpeg
X JAPAN - X (Live 1996 Dhalia Tour).wmv
X-Japan - Blue Blood (Live Footage).mpg
X-Japan - Endless Rain.mpg
X-Japan - Rusty Nail (Live '94).mpg
X-Japan - Silent Jealousy (Live '91).mpg
X-Japan - Weekend [PV].mpg

Yoshiki Interview (http://www.animecrackers.com/Music/X-JAPAN%20-%20Yoshiki%20Interview.mpeg) where he is constantly interupted

if i ever get my video card fixed i have one of Yoshiki driving in the Gumball

Terracosmo
Mon, 12-05-2005, 04:43 PM
LOL @ the interview. Thanks for the links mate, downloading the torrent now.

Terracosmo
Mon, 01-16-2006, 05:56 PM
Bump because you need Ayumi Hamasaki's new album! (http://mach.homedns.org:6969/torrent.html?info_hash=d5139e94818e61142fb4e122699 cd84186962705)

So fucking good.

Heaven = SO beautiful song

Psyke
Tue, 01-17-2006, 05:13 AM
Heaven is the theme song used in the Basilisk movie, otherwise known as Shinobi.

Terracosmo
Tue, 01-17-2006, 08:55 AM
*Terra has acquired 1x Reason To Watch Basilisk*

Psyke
Tue, 01-17-2006, 09:02 AM
*Terra has acquired 1x Reason To Watch Basilisk*

Oh, take note it's the live action movie based on the novel and not the anime...... Still, it looks cool and I'm going to watch it once the DVD gets released.

Terracosmo
Tue, 01-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Yeah, I noticed. But still, the anime being affiliated with the movie is enough to pique my interest i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Sapphire
Tue, 01-17-2006, 06:19 PM
My favorite JRock band is Orange Range. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Terracosmo
Tue, 01-17-2006, 06:41 PM
Aren't they more like J-Rap? (haven't heard many songs by them)

Sapphire
Tue, 01-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Asterisk is J-Rapish.

Other songs like Hana and Viva Rock are more J-Rock, though.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Tue, 01-17-2006, 11:55 PM
can someone PLEASE tell me where i can download see-saw's album, dream field. i am in desparate need of it since i've been dying to listen to it since yesterday but couldn't find the album, so if someone knows where i can dl it or if someone can send me it then it'd be greatly appreciated.

Psyke
Wed, 01-18-2006, 06:31 AM
Orange Range does a fair bit of rock as well. Check out Kiri Kiri Mai.

Terracosmo
Thu, 01-26-2006, 12:55 AM
lol I just found a song entitled "Ayumi Hamasaki & Gackt - Silent Night", and it's legit! Yes, it has the two of them singing an engrish christmas duet.

Sweet stuff. And funny i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Hikyuu
Fri, 01-27-2006, 11:16 PM
Terra that video is on You tube.. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif .. and Yale <3's jrock and jpop ;o.. My favorite band Is Dir en Grey... I mean how can you not love Kyo.. ONE DAY I WILL FUCK YOUR PARENTS!!!!!! (random lyric from Clever Sleazoid).. Also there is L'arc Janne Da arc Psycho le cemu.. errm... Myv xD( Miyavi desu) and others ..
EDIT: Oh and Tonberry torrents is DO's site.. so bug him for all your jrock needs ;/ bwhahaha >>
Also on irc.rizon.net there is a channel called #Jrock maybe be able to find things there.. and ask people to rar stuff up for ye..

Dug88
Mon, 02-06-2006, 04:58 PM
My favorite is Balzac they're a fuckin hardcore horror punk band that toured with the Misfits they're awesome.
http://www.samuraifactory.com/balzac/
http://misfits.com/balzac_dark/

Phoenix20578
Wed, 03-08-2006, 12:59 AM
BUMP

Uverworld's new single, CHANCE!, is out. Go check it out.

NM
Wed, 03-08-2006, 09:23 AM
Chance! came out just now? I got the song from Eurasian quite a long time ago...bah, whatever. The song is pretty good anyway, I like it alot more than the intro song to Bleach. Has anyone listened to Orange Range's new album, Natural?

masamuneehs
Wed, 03-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by: NarutoMaster
Has anyone listened to Orange Range's new album, Natural?

Not yet. But I am going through nipponssei right now to track it down... love that group

Phoenix20578
Wed, 03-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by: NarutoMaster
Chance! came out just now? I got the song from Eurasian quite a long time ago...bah, whatever. The song is pretty good anyway, I like it alot more than the intro song to Bleach.

Wow, I'm really behind now arent I..... i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Anyway it is still a great song, as is Orange Range's new album.

PSJ
Fri, 03-10-2006, 01:31 PM
Road of Major is a good J-rock type of band. They did the OPs for the anime named Major.

NM
Sat, 03-18-2006, 03:26 PM
Attention! Nami Tamaki's new single, MY WAY, has been released by a group called Itsumo-PV! You can find the torrent at Tokyo Tosho: http://www.tokyotosho.com/

Or you can get it at their irc channel (they provide a direct download there): #Itsumo-PV @ irc.rizon.net. They also provide a direct download to the PV of the song itself.

gogogogogo!

masamuneehs
Sat, 03-18-2006, 04:40 PM
Not yet. But I am going through nipponssei right now to track it down... love that group

One of the better J-pop albums I've heard in awhile. Asterisk alone is worth DLing this album for. (other good tracks include Yume hito, Sakazuki Jammer, SUNRISE, RE-CYCLE)

kooshi
Sat, 03-18-2006, 05:18 PM
Attention! Nami Tamaki's new single, MY WAY, has been released by a group called Itsumo-PV! You can find the torrent at Tokyo Tosho: http://www.tokyotosho.com/

Or you can get it at their irc channel (they provide a direct download there): #Itsumo-PV @ irc.rizon.net. They also provide a direct download to the PV of the song itself.

gogogogogo!

Thanks for the info! It's a great single!

Terracosmo
Sun, 03-19-2006, 03:51 AM

gogogogogo!

Fuck yeah! I thought you wrote Ayumi Hamasaki first so I was like "goddamn another new single by her? christmas!" but Nami is awesome too so.. *downloads*

NM
Sun, 03-19-2006, 10:50 AM
Nami's new single is pretty sweet. All 3 songs (My Way, Sunrize, and the Prayer remix) are pretty good, but I think Sunrize is the best one. God I love this woman!! The cover is also very sexy toooooo~
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/NarutoMaster/MYWAYSunzrizecover.jpg
Nami = <3 <3

Next, here's a new Jrock release for you guys (yep, I've been browsing TokyoTosho alot :P). Asian Kung Fu Generation has a new album called FANCLUB. Get it at TokyoTosho or at this irc channel (check the topic for pack listing): #NipponMusic @ irc.rizon.net.

EDIT: When I was looking at #NipponMusic's packlist, I found an album by Akeboshi (should be right after the AKFG one). What would Akeboshi fall under? Jpop? The only thing I've heard from him is Wind from Naruto ending 1 and thats it.

EDIT 2: There's also a single by High and Mighty Color called "Style ~get glory in this hand~" on TokyoTosho if anyone is interested.

Terracosmo
Sun, 03-19-2006, 11:00 AM
I love My Way. Another awesome track from Nami.

New AKFG album huh? *downloads*

Might get that High and Mighty Color single too...

XanBcoo
Fri, 03-31-2006, 07:31 PM
Rie Fu's new album, titled "Rose Album", came out 3 days ago. For any GSD lovers, it contains the song "I Wanna Go to a Place" which I think was one of the ending themes.

For anyone who wants to give it a listen, the torrent can be found here on Tokyo Toshokan (http://www.tokyotosho.com/search.php) or on Jpopsuki (http://www.jpopsuki.com/main.html).

Rie Fu is probably my favorite Japanese singer. I love her music so much. It's geared towards the softer, mellower tastes, but she has a few pretty upbeat songs that I just eat up. The fact that she's fluent in English just means that all the English lyrics in her songs don't come out in Engrish, and in some cases, sound better than the Japanese parts. In either case, she has such a sweet voice that I wouldn't complain even if she sang in Arabic. Anyway, I won't go on, so here's a picture from the cover of the album instead:
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6158/coverr5ep.jpg

DO
Sat, 04-01-2006, 01:27 AM
Interesting fact about me: I'm highly interested in Jrock and i own my own Jrock Tracker. :)

NM
Thu, 07-13-2006, 09:46 PM
Nami Tamaki's got a new album out called Speciality! From her singles, it has Result, Sunrize, Castaway, Sanctuary, and Get Wild. Some of the new songs are titled: IDentity, New World, No Way Back, Reach for the Rainbow, and Ready Steady Go!. I'm currently checking out the new songs and their pretty good (as is everything by her :p).

The torrent is at TokyoTosho. Gogogogogo!

Here's one of the covers from the album:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/NarutoMaster/cover2.jpg
<3

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-13-2006, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the heads up, downloading right now. <3

Edit: GODDAMN Nami Tamaki is so FUCKING GOOD. I'm constantly remembered of that fact. I hope she'll make music forever, and that she will obtain the potion of immortality so she can never die and keep making more.

NM
Fri, 07-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the heads up, downloading right now. <3

Edit: GODDAMN Nami Tamaki is so FUCKING GOOD. I'm constantly remembered of that fact. I hope she'll make music forever, and that she will obtain the potion of immortality so she can never die and keep making more.

:D

High and Mighty Color has a new single out called Dive into Yourself. Its at TokyoTosho, and its released by aznmp3. I just downloaded it and its really good. There's 3 songs, and the song "Dive into Yourself" has the instrumental version included, so 4 songs in total. Good stuff by them as usual. :)

Knives122
Fri, 07-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Yeah those songs were good. Usually HaMC do a bunch of songs that resort to screaming that makes me want to rip my ears off.

So you can imagine how much the songs appeal to me when there is none.(which reminds me that I need to dl their second album)

NM
Fri, 07-28-2006, 07:52 PM
Yeah those songs were good. Usually HaMC do a bunch of songs that resort to screaming that makes me want to rip my ears off.

I take it someone didn't like Ichirin no Hana from Bleach opening 3. :p

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-08-2006, 04:03 PM
So I just heard 2 songs by Psycho le Cemu and I'm in love. Someone help me find more please <3

There is nothing by them at Tonberry Torrents :(

*desperately needs a discography*

NM
Tue, 08-08-2006, 08:41 PM
TokyoTosho has them Terra. I just put their name in the search and got a ton of results. They should all be by aznmp3, thats what I got from searching. Here's the link to TT. Just put in Psycho le Cemu and it should come up. (http://www.tokyotosho.com/index.php)

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Yeah I tried that, but I was kinda hoping for a full discography torrent since some of the TT torrents are dead and it's just a general hassle to download all of it separately. Thanks anyway though. I'll settle for the "best of" for now. :S

Edit: except that the damn best of torrent seems to be dead, too. blah... ;S

NM
Tue, 08-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Yeah...that sometimes happens alot with aznmp3 torrents on there sadly. =/

I did some more searching from general torrent sites I go to and I did find one torrent on MiniNova. (http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=Psycho+Le+Cemu) It says it has 9 seeds so it should work (I hope). You should also try JpopSuki. (http://mullemeck.serveftp.org/jps_beta/index.php?logout=1&ses_jpst=c2bfbe6368a4feb751d01b432f3d3e89) I've never registered on there so I wouldn't know if they carry it but my friend tells me that they usually have alot of jpop artists.

NM
Fri, 06-22-2007, 11:22 PM
I dunno if anyone's heard of this group called Abingdon Boys School but its a group formed by TMR. A friend of mine showed me one of their songs called "Howling" and I thought it was really awesome. Here's a link to the PV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L53GbD9-Iw

TMR does it again. :cool:

Psyke
Sat, 06-23-2007, 06:04 AM
I got their single via the top 30 charts recently. The song "Howling" is also used as the op theme of Darker than Black.

GhostKaGe
Tue, 09-25-2007, 03:28 PM
A selection of J-Rock videos - All full length live videos

This is around 3 hours long hence the 3 parts
X-Japan - The Last Live Part 1 (http://stage6.divx.com/user/motumk/video/1463974/X-Japan---The-Last-Live-1997-Disk-01) Totally
X-Japan - The Last Live Part 2 (http://stage6.divx.com/user/motumk/video/1513122/1997-X-Japan---The-Last-Live-Disk-02) Frigging
X-Japan - The Last Live Part 3 (http://stage6.divx.com/user/motumk/video/1511560/1997-X-Japan---The-Last-Live-Disk-03) Awesome

The GazettE - Meaningless Art That People Showed (http://stage6.divx.com/J-Rock-Channel/video/1500094/the-GazettE---Meaningless-Art-That-People-Showed)

D\'espairsRay - Liquidize (http://stage6.divx.com/J-Rock-Channel/video/1393183/D%5C'espairsRay---LIQUIDIZE)

Gackt - DRUG PARTY Training Days (http://stage6.divx.com/J-Rock-Channel/video/1605517/Gackt---DRUG-PARTY-Training-Days-2006) Gackt still can't dance

Ayabie - Ecumenical Image (http://stage6.divx.com/J-Rock-Channel/video/1557411/ayabie---Ecumenical-Image---Spring-Tour-%5C'07)

HIZAKI grace project - monshou (http://stage6.divx.com/J-Rock-Channel/video/1561783/HIZAKI-grace-project---monshou)

An interview with hide shortly before his death as well as some footage from his performances and also from his funeral hide - hIS iNVINCIBLE dELUGE eVIDENCE (http://stage6.divx.com/J-Rock-Channel/video/1554200/hide---hIS-iNVINCIBLE-dELUGE-eVIDENCE)

Terracosmo
Wed, 09-26-2007, 07:54 AM
Awesome stuff Ghost. Really appreaciate it. :D

darkshadow
Fri, 09-28-2007, 05:55 PM
ive recently been listening to this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wT0U_x93Kg
i kinda like it >_>