PDA

View Full Version : Imbalance of Power

Kyden
Mon, 10-25-2004, 08:33 PM
Why do alot of anime's seemed to have a skewed version on the strength of their character and why does it seem to change so freaquently? If i remember right Naruto was able to basically single-handedly defeat a huge attack that was supposed to take over Konoha. Now he is having trouble beating some idiot with green hair that has sharp needles, I mean wtf??? DBZ had this same problem, one minute they would be blowing up planets and then they would go back to hand to hand fighting and have trouble sending little blasts of energy at each other. I mean if your gonna make it at least believable why dont you start with little explosions in the beginning and huge power at the end.

Assassin
Mon, 10-25-2004, 08:51 PM
u seem to be forgetting all the shinobi who fought the sound/sand nins, and the 3rd hokage who managed to stop oro. naruto's achievement was small compared to teh village as a whole.

plus, naruto wasnt' the only one who stopped gaara. u have to consider everyhitng sasuke did before naruto got involved. and also, nartuo didn't beat the racoon monster (shukaku?), gamabunta did. all naruto did was punch gaara a few times.

it wasn't any individual effort that won the war, so u can't say that so and so was all powerful before.

Board of Command
Mon, 10-25-2004, 08:53 PM
Technically it's dumb, but logically it's to create more tension. If DBZ fighters would just completely incinerate the other guy in 2 seconds, it wouldn't be much fun to watch, not that it's fun anyways. If we see Naruto summon Gamabunta everytime and rape his opponents, it's no good then. Usually the point of the fights in anime is to show the protagonist's development and growth throughout the fight, as well as the struggles they go through in order to win.

I know what you're saying is true, but it's just made that way to increase the excitement. (excitement might *NOT* be a good word for that)

Shippou-sama
Mon, 10-25-2004, 10:19 PM
The reason he's having trouble with Aoi is because it's a filler arc. The rest of the show has had a fairly steady difficulty/power curve. I can't explain exactly why he's having so much trouble against this guy (a Konoha Chuunin . . . oh, just like MIZUKI??). =P

Board of Command
Mon, 10-25-2004, 10:34 PM
Well apparently Aoi has a lightsaber while everyone else is using little kunai knives...

Shippou-sama
Mon, 10-25-2004, 10:42 PM
That can apparently fend off the lightsaber, so I don't see the problem.

Assassin
Mon, 10-25-2004, 11:55 PM
ya thats pretty stupid...didn't he say that the sword of raijin can cut thru anyhting? and then all of a sudden sasuke's holding it back with a 3 inch knife?? how gay is that

kooshi
Tue, 10-26-2004, 12:17 AM
Maybe we'll find out why the lightning sword can't cut the kunai. I can imagine that Aoi doesn't kill the team so that he can like beat them to a pulp before killing them (those sick people, haha). If they don't explain it, then this sword is just messed up.

Assertn
Tue, 10-26-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by: Kyden
Why do alot of anime's seemed to have a skewed version on the strength of their character and why does it seem to change so freaquently? If i remember right Naruto was able to basically single-handedly defeat a huge attack that was supposed to take over Konoha. Now he is having trouble beating some idiot with green hair that has sharp needles, I mean wtf??? DBZ had this same problem, one minute they would be blowing up planets and then they would go back to hand to hand fighting and have trouble sending little blasts of energy at each other. I mean if your gonna make it at least believable why dont you start with little explosions in the beginning and huge power at the end.

if by "single-handedly deafeat a huge attack that was supposed to take over konoha" you mean "summon gamabunta to defeat a huge attack for him" then yes, you're right.

If naruto was to summon gamabunta against every opponent he faced, then there will be no "skewed version of strength." But if you consider summons as an outlier that doesnt accurately reflect the ninja's personal abilites, then i'd say naruto's abilities arent very skewed at all

DB_Hunter
Tue, 10-26-2004, 12:23 AM
His thunder sword is such a rip off man... I bet the animators were sitting around one day trying to think of ideas for the filler arc and the new star wars dvd ad came on or something.... the rest was all ripped.... honestly they didn't even both to give it different sounds to a lightsaber to make it more original...

The only thing they didn't rip off from the lightsaber was the whole thing made it cool... its ability to cut through pretty much anything...

Omake
Tue, 10-26-2004, 01:13 AM
How is this a power imbalance? Naruto had to summon Gamabunta to stop the emergence of Shukaku, and he struck a motionless Gaara before Shukaku had completely emerged. Plus, while Gaara/Shukaku was the trump card in the Konoha Crash, he wasn't the main thrust or even the largest one. It isn't like Naruto singlehandedly foiled a takeover attempt himself. Also, the Rasengan is a stronger attack then Naruto ever used on Gaara (not counting the Shukaku fight), so how is this going down in power?

Kaka
Tue, 10-26-2004, 07:36 AM
Naruto (nine tails power) > gaara
green haired juunin > naruto (without summoning nine tails power)

drcitan
Tue, 10-26-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
Technically it's dumb, but logically it's to create more tension. If DBZ fighters would just completely incinerate the other guy in 2 seconds, it wouldn't be much fun to watch, not that it's fun anyways. If we see Naruto summon Gamabunta everytime and rape his opponents, it's no good then. Usually the point of the fights in anime is to show the protagonist's development and growth throughout the fight, as well as the struggles they go through in order to win.

I know what you're saying is true, but it's just made that way to increase the excitement. (excitement might now be a good word for that)

I completly agree with BOC on this one.

jing
Tue, 10-26-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by: Kyden

You forgot, it was Gamabunta that defeated Shukaku... You think leaf jounins can't take gaara on? Leaf jounins are good enough to PLAY with gaara.

Kagari
Tue, 10-26-2004, 09:13 PM
You guys are all tits. Naruto has been running for like 2 episodes. STFU, of course he's tired. The other two got peaced because they're out of stamina too.

Stop trying to find shit wrong with naruto. It rocks, and it kicks your ass. You're just jealous.

kooshi
Wed, 10-27-2004, 02:25 AM
Don't forget that Naruto is pretty excited about mastering Rasengan. He even bragged a little about the Rasengan when he met up with Shikamaru after returning to Konoha. Don't forget that he was about to use it to bust open the door that Konohamaru blocked off (yeah, it's a filler, but technically, he tried to use it). Just shows that he's still like a little kid playing with a new toy, haha.

Omake
Wed, 10-27-2004, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by: Kagari
You guys are all tits. Naruto has been running for like 2 episodes. STFU, of course he's tired. The other two got peaced because they're out of stamina too.

Stop trying to find shit wrong with naruto. It rocks, and it kicks your ass. You're just jealous.

Yeah, ok bud. i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Arog
Wed, 10-27-2004, 08:44 AM
lol

Kagari
Wed, 10-27-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by: Omake

Originally posted by: Kagari

Yeah, ok bud.

I'm not your bud. And don't post unless it's going to be an argument of some kind. Three words and one "Smiley" hardly counts.

Board of Command
Wed, 10-27-2004, 11:38 PM
There are plenty of things wrong with Naruto, but it's still awesome because they don't affect the main points of the story. Insignificant mistakes don't matter much at all unless you start digging for problems.

There's nothing wrong with digging, it's just that your findings don't mean much.

seds
Thu, 10-28-2004, 05:07 PM
Do you really think Gamabunta would even want to help naruto for some petty reasons... Gamabunta would be pissed if naruto needed him every battle.................. You forget, the summons CHOOSE to help based on the situation, gamabunta would definately NOT taking out a single person cause naruto is lazy..