PDA

View Full Version : MÄR: Märchen Awakens Romance

Hakeem_21
Mon, 10-25-2004, 12:35 PM
Or am i the only one who read it?

If you do who do you like most and what do you think of this manga.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 10-25-2004, 02:06 PM
i read it, quite good, certinally does look like flame of recca,
only complainet is that they threw in the tournament thing too fast.

i've made a thread about it a few months ago, nobody gave a damn.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 10-26-2004, 05:28 PM
I dont think the tournament came to fast cause they trained over 100 days in the other dimension training thing doesnt remember its name.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 10-27-2004, 01:53 AM
I wasn't talking about the in-story reason, i was saying that the tournament arc came too fast, before we've gotten a grip on most charecters and on the world itself.

if you look at other fighting mangas, you'll see that they usually have this pattern:
1. the introduction part.
2. the tournament (and the final fight where they pit the good guy Vs the bad guy and they somehow always wreack the stadium)
3. the part when they're running around for no real reason but they still keep running.

at Mar they've shortened the introduction part and just sleezed in the tournament, so before you know what's going on all the chapters are fighting and not plot.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 10-27-2004, 04:48 AM
Yeah you are right the introduction was shorter than the other fight mangas.

Its also feels like they cant win the war game cause it came too soon or if they win Phantom will survive and they have to start an new arc about that. Or the manga is pretty short compared the fight mangas. The thing i like most in this manga is the magic,its not so much magic in the other fight mangas i read,there they are genius fighter and just kick everybodys ass. Here there is so much diffrent ärm and stuff,i like that.

zapper
Thu, 10-28-2004, 08:10 AM
i tot that the war game will be held in diff. locations?

like now it is held in "I DONT KNOW WHERE" and if the MAR group wins, they will get to control that particular territory

but if they lose, the chess will take over that place.

so IMO, i think there will be more tournaments much much more tournaments

just my thought dunno if it will be correct

Hakeem_21
Thu, 10-28-2004, 08:22 AM
They dont take over territorys if they win. This is how it is,if Chess wins the world its turnes to thier playground cause they have won over the strongest fighters in the world. If Mar wins the world turns back to normal,countrys controlling thier self.

They will be much more battles in this one tournament cause right now they are just fighting bishops and one knight after them there is 12 knight plus king and queen left to beat.

Like i said i dont think the story will end after they win the war game cause its to early in the manga and Ginta is nowwhere near Phantoms skills.

Everon
Thu, 10-28-2004, 06:49 PM
I don't like this manga. The storyline is predictable and i'm starting to hate these type of fighting tournaments (one on one battles get boring). In many ways its a lot like Bleach (magic weapons, other dimensions) only more cheerful

Hakeem_21
Sat, 12-25-2004, 06:15 PM
Mar 74 in here http://snoopycool.eatshoe.com/

If you care about Mari/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Death BOO Z
Sun, 12-26-2004, 05:34 PM
also, volume versions of the other chapters are up, no more shitty shonen sunday scans for a while...

Munsu
Thu, 09-29-2005, 08:42 AM
I decided to start reading this, and I finally caught up...

I'm on chapter 99 right now, any of you guys still reading this?

Hakeem_21
Thu, 09-29-2005, 11:32 AM
I read up to 78,just waited to come out more chaps before i read more.

I have an exam next week so i dont read any manga right now.

But after that i plan to read many mangas including Mar.

Munsu
Thu, 02-02-2006, 09:29 AM
I just caught up to the latest chapter, so I'll ask again if any of you is still reading this?

The current fight is great, involving Nanashi...

Hakeem_21
Thu, 02-02-2006, 02:32 PM
I totaly forgot about this manga despite it was pretty good at times.

Which chapter is the latest so i can catch up.

Munsu
Thu, 02-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Chapter 107 is the latest if not mistaken... At least that up to where I've read...

Hakeem_21
Thu, 02-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Just tell me one things does the story or fights get better after 78?

Munsu
Thu, 02-02-2006, 04:38 PM
Of course...

Some are, some aren't... But as I said, we are in the middle of a great fight...

Hakeem_21
Thu, 02-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Okay time to go and leech.

Munsu
Mon, 03-20-2006, 05:38 AM
Chapters 108 through 110 are now up in mangatraders.com

Again good chapters, it has gotten quite good lately.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 09-15-2006, 03:31 AM
Are you guys still reading this manga?
it seems like the final battle of the grand shitty tournament is about to start..
good match ups, at least..
Alan vs halloween is bound to be cool, so as Jack vs weed guy, and Pete vs Nanashi...
The Kimura guy also seems to be less 'beasty' than i thought before, and Phantom is bound to make a fight look great...

however, I'm wondering what will happen afterwards, I"m really hoping for some plot advancment about Marhaven itself, maybe to see some more paralell shots of the queen and Ginta's mom, and perhaps meet the king finally.

all in all, I"m tired of this 'my newest arm' fight routine, it makes my heart bleed.

Munsu
Fri, 09-15-2006, 03:23 PM
I'm freaking way behind, hopefully you've just motivated me to catch up. I'll probably do it this weekend at some point.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 10-11-2006, 06:39 PM
damn, two fights are over and still nothing good...
Fight one was just "wooh, your father did the same last time, and apparntly I didn't learn anything new since then, damn you and your newly aquired generic arm!"
the 2nd fight was even worse, one guy is a briteny fanboy and the other diggs Aguileira, then he uses the same arm as last time and wins for no reason.

maybe chimera and dorothy can make this better...

Death BOO Z
Sat, 11-04-2006, 10:51 AM
is anyone still reading this besides me?
volume 13 was completly released, and we're going into the final two fights.

which will undoubtly suck.

and end up with someone throwing out a guardian.
like every other stinking fight in the manga.

heck, the fights may suck, but at least those fights are going to advance the plot, it's been a while.
also, on a diffrent notice, I'm giving the mangaka a big thumbs up on chimera's story... genius.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 12-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Again, me posting to myself...
the final battle is now over.. Ginta Vs Phantom was cool right up to the last chapter.. I hate guardians.

but screw this, we're almost done and we still haven't seen the king, nor did we learn anything good about anyone. even Nanashi had a shitty revenge thing going on and nothing else.

Munsu
Wed, 12-13-2006, 07:01 PM
I'm still very behind on the series, but you still have volume 15 and MÄR Omega... maybe they'll answer some of those questions or concerns you're having.

Ryllharu
Wed, 12-13-2006, 07:47 PM
MAR Omega is a completely different series if I'm not mistaken. The Queen of the Chess is Diana. They never outright explained who the "king" was, but where the story is going now I'm just going to guess it's Yuki's father, who is married to Diana.

This series went downhill pretty fast. Recca was a lot better. At least they gave some personality to all of the main character's allies and even developed a lot of the villains.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 01-04-2007, 06:58 PM
god, they've managed to rush things even more in 150 & 151...
it's like Nobuyoki just said to himself: "Dammit-chan! it's been 14 volumes-ruu, i've finished the tournament arc(eruu!) and still haven't done a 'free for all - catch eachother' arc(eruu!), i must hasten it so it won't make any sense what so ever!(ruu!)"

honestly:
Ginta: Look out, gang! there's a bunch of peons ahead!
Jack: don't worry, there's no need to waste two pages of all seven of us (the princess is gone, but the old man is here) kicking ass! i can finish them all in one panel!
Ginta: cool deal, we defintally won't need a strong fighter in the close future!
---
Ginta: Curses! more peons!
Gaira (old man): worry not, sire, me and Nanashi here will beat them both, despite me being the one who taught you everything you know, and him still having some untapped power and untapped story to go through.
Ginta: heck, why not. i won't be needing any help, even though i've just finished a boss fight.

Are they all idiots?

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-09-2007, 01:02 AM
Well, I've just finished reading the final chapter... nice, if only the king would have had some real story rather than being the "dark lord" (castlevania), Mao (kamisama kaitou Jean) and the snake dragons (gate of death books) combined into an eva package...

also, I really hate ginta's last guardian, it never stops to annoy me with its' cheapness. Toto is always cool, though.

Honoko
Fri, 02-09-2007, 09:16 PM
I finished as well. It was good for what is was, I guess-- typical shouen fare with a last minute twist and cheery resolution. This whole series was all about the one on one fights. The "I've gotten stronger/here's another Arm I had that I'll use now in the convenient pinch that I'm in" plot device (okay, maybe two plot devices =P) was unabashedly rampant and repetitive. It did make for relaxed reading though :D I don't think I was ever all that concerned for the good guys' lifespan since they had the biggest character shields I've seen since... One Piece, maybe :p

But One Piece is way better. And I'm rambling. Hit "Post Quick Reply" button and...