PDA

View Full Version : Official Naruto Manga 236

lee0539
Sat, 10-23-2004, 04:15 PM
http://www.narutofan.com/index.php/content-multimedia,manga%20volume%2026%20to%2030

get the 236 translated there.

Well i'm glad to see that the trinity is complete.

oro = sasuke
pevert sennin = naruto
tsunade = sakura

i think it was pretty obvious this was going to happen eventually

Saruto
Sat, 10-23-2004, 04:30 PM
damn, that was a great chapter!!..I'Ts cool that Sakura will now be a medic ninga! ...but what it will be great to see in the futur chapters is a TIME JUMP ..and now w'ell see naruto and compagnie a bit older whit new abbilities...better in jutsu and all...well i hope for naruto because now he's not that powerful i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif except when hes in super saiyen...hmm i mean kyubi i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif lol

Himura_san
Sat, 10-23-2004, 04:35 PM
Will people stop already with the "Time Jump" assumptions!
Sakura training under Tsunade is no surprise since Kishimoto had always hinted this.
I guess their second reconaissance mission will take some time since Sakura has to train, which means we will probably see that new Akatsuki member.
Also I think Sakura is going to be a great medic ninja since the best student is the one that seeks knowledge.

Saruto
Sat, 10-23-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by: Himura_san
Sakura training under Tsunade is no surprise since Kishimoto had always hinted this.
I guess their second reconaissance mission will take some time since Sakura has to train, which means we will probably see that new Akatsuki member.
Also I think Sakura is going to be a great medic ninja since the best student is the one that seeks knowledge.

Why would i stop whit it?...i think it will be a good thing to do...and all those that said it too think that it is a good thing...you dont think?...then ok...but don't say stupid thing's like saying when they have to stop writing their opinions a bout a thing that they would like to see.....(you didn't clearly said this but it was the same thing..)

obake
Sat, 10-23-2004, 05:26 PM
Obvious as all hell that this was going to happen, that Sakura was gonna be a medic under Tsunade.

Still, pretty good.

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 10-23-2004, 06:02 PM
at the end of the chapter it says something like, that guy appears again next to his bed, so either gaara or some akatsuki people will be showing up i think

Nine Tailed Demon
Sat, 10-23-2004, 06:06 PM
Why is she doing this now? She should have been doing this while they were on the mission. DAMN! SHES USELESS!!!

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 10-23-2004, 06:39 PM
Yep took long enough.

Hey everyone thinks that it's such a guarente that naruto is going to continue to be trained by Jiraiya. I ask this simple question where is Jiraiya? After naruto returns from finding tsunande we don't see Jiraiya anymore. We don't even know if he's in the village. My guess is he probably snuck out before he was guilted into doing missions for the village so he could do more "research."

Knives122
Sat, 10-23-2004, 06:49 PM
Pretty good chapter, after looking at the title of the next chapter, I guessing it will be Jiraiya just b/c itachi coming back would be a joke right now(and why would it be him anyway)

Jman
Sat, 10-23-2004, 07:17 PM
i hope sakura has finally gotten over sasuke and doesn't wanna get trained just so she could try to bring him back on her own.

viciousHyuuga
Sat, 10-23-2004, 07:33 PM
naruto always knows what to say, to get the emotions in the room. "sakura.. im sorry" what a kool mofo.

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 10-23-2004, 07:52 PM
Or maybe it won't be Jirayia in the next chapter. I personally think that it will be the big introduction of venus fly trap man or at least I hope it is.

jing
Sat, 10-23-2004, 08:07 PM
It should be venus fly trap man, cuz we dont know his name yet, so it is logical to say "that man appears again beside him"

Lefty
Sat, 10-23-2004, 08:15 PM
It might be Itachi for all we know. but the next chapter might be about Jirayia telling naruto the whole truth behind Oro, Kyubi, and the people chasing him. I think this is point where the time jump is in sight.

injun
Sat, 10-23-2004, 08:22 PM
aight, lets not get too happy about sakura's training. just b/c she is learning how to heal people does not mean she will be any less worthless. unless tsununde (sp???) teaches sakura how to go all kabuto on people's asses she will still lack adequate kung fu.

because lets face it, crack-open-a-book ninjitsu is just not threatening.

well actually if she learned how to throw scapels like dr. jackal... then that would be cool.

TwisT
Sat, 10-23-2004, 08:28 PM
Yeah.. It's to bad Naruto interupted Shikamaru.. The best thing would have been that Sakura had heard that it was because of Sasuke that everyone is in the hospital.. And that Sasuke personal put Naruto in that hospital..

But what i dont understand is, why oh why did not Shikamaru get that medical training?? All the things she said (well exept chakara control, witch we dont know and have not been proven wrong) that a medical ninja student needed, Shikamaru had.. Sure all those thing Sakura had to but Shikamaru was the first one to bring it up.. But i know it's better that Sakura becomes one, because Shikamaru at least have some talent and should probably keep train his family jutsus.. But i just though it was unfair..

I hope since Sakura is going to train under Tsunade that Jiraiya will visit Naruto and then continue training Naruto.. Maybe help him control that new Kyubi-state.. Or teach him some new high level jutsu.. Maybe some ninjutsu or genjutsu this time.. not something that you have to use in close combat.. Because right now everybody is a close combat fighter, exept Shikamaru.. Because it looks like medical ninjas is also close combat based on Tsunade and Kabuto's fight so Sakura will to become CC-fighter.. Oh and Shino is still to much of an mystery to know exaktly what he will do if faced with a hard opponent.. Or Kakashi is his original teacher and now Sasuke is gone.. Maybe he get's training from him now..

And for the next chapter.. I can only guess for ppl.. Itachi, if they mean that Naruto have seen him before.. Or the new guy (I think it's going to be him).. Because there is no reason to let him make an apperance like that and then he will not show up in the near chapters..

And i think he is going to show up beside Naruto in his hospital bed or if he have gone out, because i think he will introduce himself.. Or somethink before acually begin the hunt.. Or else he could just have attacked Kakashi when Kakashi was alone, far from backup and had to carry a injured Naruto.. That would have been childsplay for a guy like him (for anyone of them i think).. Sure Kakashi could put up some resistance but i think he is under the members in strenght.. And with those conditions he would have gone down.. Well it's going to be intresting to se what happens..

KYUUBI-SAMA
Sat, 10-23-2004, 11:20 PM
I had not really thought of a time jump but since so many people think there's going to be one soon then I'm sure that there will be one. I hope the time jump is soon and that Naruto becomes the ultimate bad ass of the show because, Im really tired of seeing that arrogant, stuck up Sakuke being the tough cool guy. I cant wait to see the rematch fight of Naruto vs Sasuke, I want to see Naruto completely give in to Kyuubi and beat the crap out of Sasuke and make him realize that he's not as special as he thinks he is and of course Sakura will be right there to witness it since she did say that she would be going with him next time. I think the guy that will appear next to Naruto in the next chapter will be that mysterious akatsuki guy. I think Naruto will end up being trained again by Jiraiya but wouldn't be cool if akatsuki takes Naruto and trains him, then when he's finished training he goes back to the village and sees everyones shocked faces when the they see his new terrifying awesome fused(naruto chakra+kyuubi chakra)power. I think I speak for most people when I say it's about time they show a totally out of control berserk Naruto when he uses Kyuubi's chakra.

Hotsuma
Sat, 10-23-2004, 11:53 PM
Am I the only person who thinks Sasuke isn't as bad as everybody makes him out to be? I think he's still got a shred of goodness left in him, and that's what Naruto will have to capitilize on next time they should fight. IF they fight, even. The last few panels of Sasuke and Naruto's fight seemed pretty symbolic, and definitely shouldn't be ignored as a possibility that Sasuke is still redeemable.

Anyways, it's about damn time Sakura got some real training. Obviously, her appearance against Sasuke is going to be very important.

lee0539
Sun, 10-24-2004, 12:00 AM
i believe sakura will probably make up for lack of kungfu by gaining super duper strenght. one swing is deadly stuff. plus now she can go and save sasuke if he ever gets in danger by sacrificing her life doing that resurrection thing. which is sad news for those who dont like sakura since it means she will probably take longer to die... although her life span will be short... if naruto ever becomes grandpa sakura will be too old and pass away

KYUUBI-SAMA
Sun, 10-24-2004, 12:32 AM
I don't think Sasuke's a bad guy but he is way to cocky, almost everytime he opens his mouth he says something concieded one example(I am more special then you), that's why I think Naruto should shut him up. There has to be another fight between them in the future because they are rivals after all and Sasuke defeated Naruto so Naruto is gone have to become stronger and defeat Sasuke the next time they fight because this manga is called Naruto afterall. If he doesn't become stronger then Sasuke and defeat him then they should change the name of the manga to Sasuke. I just think Naruto needs to make Sasuke realize that he's not better then everyone else and after hearing what he said the first time they alsmost fought on the roof and when they really fought it's become pretty clear that Sasuke thinks of himself to be supperior to Naruto.

Himura_san
Sun, 10-24-2004, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by: Saruto

Why would i stop whit it?...i think it will be a good thing to do...and all those that said it too think that it is a good thing...you dont think?...then ok...but don't say stupid thing's like saying when they have to stop writing their opinions a bout a thing that they would like to see.....(you didn't clearly said this but it was the same thing..)

I am just saying everyone is hellbent on this timejump deal, I don't know why people want it?
I like to see Naruto grow and mature, and not just a time-jump where he is now 20 years old and is a jounin all of a sudden. IMO time-jump would ruine it for me, it would be like a clean slate in a certain way.

basey44
Sun, 10-24-2004, 07:26 AM
personally i would hate to see a time jump, i think it would just be horrible as we miss out on a great part of the characters lives and theyre development, you'd have to reconnect with all the characters all over again as they would all be different

Lefty
Sun, 10-24-2004, 08:06 AM
Not if it's done in a tatesful way. I take it you have never read a manga series where a time jump has happend. Ifit's doen right you kind of relearn the character again fairly fast. liek in the first chapter if not in the first five pages. If we don't reconect with the characters after a year and half to two years down the line story wise. Kishimoto sensei is really dropping the ball, again.

Konohamaru
Sun, 10-24-2004, 09:15 AM
I'm kinda in the middle here with a time jump. On one hand, I'd like to see a small time jump not too far, maybe just far enough to the point they have new stuff to show off in battle. Then they show their new stuff and after the battles, give a flash back story on how they attained it but I hate long flashbacks. Also I'm not keen on seeing Naruto learn a new move again, it was good for the first 2 but I hate when it take 7 shows to learn the thing. There's only so many times u can summon a tadpole with a new limb and make me laugh.

On the other hand I wouldn't want a time jump unless they show other characters getting to learn something other than watching Naruto.

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-24-2004, 10:39 AM
If a time jump would occur, it would have to be only a couple of months, sorta like how that month Naruto learned about summoning Gamabunta only took 5 chapters (or whatever the amount was).

If a short time jump like that happened, I'd be pretty happy, we'd miss out on some of Sakura's boring medic-nin training (some of it must be more boring than my Bio class, I'd rather not see something like THAT again) and a lot of the painful recuperation the other genin's are going to need. Dialated time wouldn't affect the story in any negative way, and all we'd miss out on are some boring things that aren't really that interesting anyway, like Sakura learning where the Spleen is and what it does.

As much as I'd like to see the characters like 8-10 years later, it would ruin the story completely. We'd miss a lot of good time for charater development, a lot jutsus would appear out of nowhere (yes, watching Naruto learn something for 7 chapters isn't that interesting, but if he suddenly pulls out "Uzumaki Uber Kyuubi machine gun ransengan" or something worse, I'd be a little dissapointed in Kishimoto, and I still want to know how he managed to pull it off), There is NO WAY that Oro and Akatsuki would wait 8-10 years (or any amount over 3) to attack Konoha or try to get Naruto.

As for this chapter: Sakura learning medical nin to become useful is good. Anticipated time jump over a month would be bad for the series.

This is (hopefully) not DBZ, please don't hope to see a series everyone's already seen. (oops, used DBZ reference in a negative way again.)

kAi
Sun, 10-24-2004, 01:16 PM
also inane version is out
#mangareaders@irc.irchighway.net

xtort
Sun, 10-24-2004, 01:18 PM
Time jump shmime jump. You people are dorks. There's tons of stuff that can happen right now. There are lots of open plot points, lots of possibilities for each character. No time jump. Sasuke has to find his teacher. (No time jump needed... he's just gotta finish his walk to Orochimaru, or the third Mangekyou user). Sakura has to learn medical stuff. Naruto needs to find an ability to fight with skill instead of luck and trickery. Orochimaru has to come backas a character. We've got all the genin loose threads to wrap up, the Sand/Leaf alliance... the list goes on and on.

-xtortout

PS Anyone have a link for a site other than chuushin or narutofan for the 236 download? F' both of those places. Why should I sign up to receive something free? They can both eat my ass.

Saruto
Sun, 10-24-2004, 01:21 PM

Originally posted by: Saruto

I am just saying everyone is hellbent on this timejump deal, I don't know why people want it?
I like to see Naruto grow and mature, and not just a time-jump where he is now 20 years old and is a jounin all of a sudden. IMO time-jump would ruine it for me, it would be like a clean slate in a certain way.

Yeah but now there what?...12 years old?...im talking about a 1 year time jump or maybe less...it would be great..

JusDaMan
Sun, 10-24-2004, 01:56 PM
From inane's translation... i think sasuke will come back and visit naruto next chapter... just read that bottom of last page...
"that man that comes to see naruto again" "feelings that should be discarded" chances are they talking about sasuke but... i could be wrong

as for time jump.... I would actucally like a short amount of time jump per 2 chapters....

EX:starting chapter 240

chapter 240-241 (1.5 months later)
chapter 242-243 (1.5 months laterer again)
244-245 (3 months worth of time jump)
246-247 (3 months worth of time jump)
248-250 ( 5-7 months of time jump)
and continue going on... for about 10 chapters... there making around 14-17 months of time jump wifout losing much character develop.

Mut
Sun, 10-24-2004, 02:26 PM
they wouldn't call sasuke or any of the genins a 'man' considering they're like 13. there is the bigger chance that it's itachi or maybe jiraiya. but then again, those 'next chapter' titles have bullshitted us so many times before it's not even funny.

GhostKaGe
Sun, 10-24-2004, 03:16 PM
the time jump theory been around since day 1 and if its going to happen now would be an exellent time for it

kyubisrage
Sun, 10-24-2004, 03:41 PM
Ok i think the man who will visit naruto is probably jiraiya who kinda hates naruto somwhere inside for him taking the 4th but i dont think so it might be itachi who has 2 talk 2 naruto about somthing but doesnt want to take him this time because it wasnt his mission right now. Sasuke wont come back because he went training kishi wont ruin ti that way. They should meet eachother again when they are better trained and can kick major ass. LOL i cant see sakura really fighting and winning. I duno why i just hate sakura i dont know why i just do.

Everon
Sun, 10-24-2004, 04:14 PM
Poor Kakashi, he's got no more students to teach. I guess with Kakashi dissapearing from the Manga, we'll never know how he got that freaky deaky eye (or what his face looks like!)

Icelander
Sun, 10-24-2004, 05:35 PM
just one question.. to start the chuunin-exam you need to be a team of three right? so how the hell could they do a timejump with Naruto becoming a Jounin when they dont have a team of 3? (that is if they havent changed the policies of how to become a chuunin) so timejumping to a "Naruto being Jounin" is kind of crap i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif timejumping a month or something shouldnt happen this chapter but the next.. this chapter should be about Naruto starting to learn a new technique (by either Kakashi or Jiraya)

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-24-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
they wouldn't call sasuke or any of the genins a 'man' considering they're like 13. there is the bigger chance that it's itachi or maybe jiraiya. but then again, those 'next chapter' titles have bullshitted us so many times before it's not even funny.

Who else could it possibly be? I'd put my money on Itachi. Who else could "that man" refer to? They'd probably name most of the common people. I'd rather not see Itachi so soon, but I really can't think of anyone else other than a no name character that we haven't seen more than two times to give Naruto some self confidence (which, by the way, would be lame).

Could be Oro (doubt that) or Kabuto too. But does Kabuto count as a 'man'?

Lenas
Sun, 10-24-2004, 06:07 PM
I think it will be Itachi, Jiraiya, or our mystery Akatsuki member from a few chapters back. However, the "feelings that should be discarded" line is throwing me off, and I think it may be someone we aren't expecting.

jing
Sun, 10-24-2004, 07:37 PM
after reading inane's version, id have to say jiraiya has a good chance.

xtort
Sun, 10-24-2004, 07:48 PM
There's really not too many people it could be. I agree with Mutata (I know, it's rare...), it is definitely not Sasuke. I'm highly doubtful that it'll be Itachi. What feelings would he have to discard? "Oh jeez, he just killed a huge chunk of people in our village. No biggie! Let's let bygones be bygones!" As far as other possibilities... Kakashi, his old teacher Iruka, Jiraiya, quite possibly Ebisu... that's just about all the guys I believe likely. Chances are, it'll be Ebisu or Jiraiya. The only way it'll be Kakashi is if the feelings are because of resentment about Sasuke, but I don't think it likely.

-xtortout

CapsuleCorpJX
Sun, 10-24-2004, 07:58 PM
That pisses me off. Sakura has DONE NOTHING to deserve to be the apprentice of a Sannin.

This storyline is going so stereotypically now. I don't mind Sakura earning her way to be an apprentice to Tsuande, like training really hard and showing Tsuande that she can handle and deserve the training.

But how can a crappy Gennin that has done nothing, even have the nerve to ask a Hokage to train her personally??

And how can Tsuande accept?

God this is stupid.

Deblas
Sun, 10-24-2004, 08:16 PM
OMG!! sakura is going to become a medic ninja?. there was actually a topic of this but I never believed sakura would become a medical ninja.

jing
Sun, 10-24-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by: CapsuleCorpJX
That pisses me off. Sakura has DONE NOTHING to deserve to be the apprentice of a Sannin.

This storyline is going so stereotypically now. I don't mind Sakura earning her way to be an apprentice to Tsuande, like training really hard and showing Tsuande that she can handle and deserve the training.

But how can a crappy Gennin that has done nothing, even have the nerve to ask a Hokage to train her personally??

God this is stupid.

Why not? she matches the requirements. Doesn't matter if you're hard working, but if you suck at controllling chakra then you would kill the injured. Having good chakra control EARNED her place as a pupil.

Deblas
Sun, 10-24-2004, 08:45 PM
your such an idiot CapsuleCorpJX. your such a sakura hater that by just reading her name in a post you go out bash her. you need to stop and think, sakura chakra control is among the best of the genins so she is perfect to be an apprentice of tsunade

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-24-2004, 10:04 PM
Naruto is basically a doofus and he got apprenticed to Jiraya to learn summons and the rasengan. Anyone has the right to ask a sannin or a hokage to help them. Tsunade agreed because she saw that Sakura is similar to her. Both want to protect people special to them.

drcitan
Sun, 10-24-2004, 10:15 PM
Now that Sakura is going to become a badass medical ninja I wonder how many bandwagoners r gonna jump on her ass

If Kishimoto even considers doing a time help its gonna have to be after the Venus Fly trap dude gets defeated.

The chunin exam takes place once every 6 months. Since all the genins didn't pass the first time, introducing a time jump to show everyone improvements would be prefect. Other then that I don't see a time jump coming anytime soon. With the "Red Moon" after Naruto I don't see any big 1 to 2 year time jumps

Please don't triple post. - Raven

Sidnne
Sun, 10-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by: Nine Tailed Demon
Why is she doing this now? She should have been doing this while they were on the mission. DAMN! SHES USELESS!!!

It's been several months for us reading the manga, but within the story timeline it has only been several hours, maybe a day at most. Plus, Sakura deciding to do this after the mission fails fits in with the whole "becomming stronger for others" theme.

I can just picture it now. Sakura becomes strong like Tsunade and encounters Sasuke one day down the road, Sasuke thinks very little of her, writes her off, and then, much to his surprise, get his ass kicked by Sakura. That would be fun to see.

BTW, Where the hell are Gaara and Lee?? There hasn't even been a mention of them. I wonder if Kishimoto forgot that he left them sitting under that tree. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

RyougaZell
Sun, 10-24-2004, 10:57 PM
He's new... he musn't have readed the rules...

Anyways...

It was pretty obvious this time would come, when Sakura became Tsunade's pupil. Took long enough tough.

Though I have an idea... doesn't another person fit the requirements? Hinata. And she already prepares ointments... I don't know why... but I think that if Tsunade doesn't train her Shizune will...

and time jump is a big no-no with the current chapters... the Venus-akatsuki guy... or Oro's reaction toward the lose of the 5 sound-nin... Sasuke's direction.... the Sand Trio at Konohagakure... etc etc...

Sidnne: Lee probably is hugging with Gai. While Gaara is either sitting with Kankurou waiting for Tenmari or waiting alone to go see Naruto while Kankuro sees Shino (XD)

Sidnne
Sun, 10-24-2004, 11:17 PM
I'd like to see a time jump. If you take away the introduction of Venus Flytrap Man, this would be an opportune moment for a time jump. Sasuke faded into the night on his journey to seek power, Sakura has been taken under Tsunade's wing, and Naruto is coming off of his worst and most meaningful defeat so far and is likely itching to get back to training with Jiraiya to become stronger.

If there is a time jump, I would hope it would be about 4 or 5 years. That would put the current Gennin at 17-18 and in full grown adult bodies instead of being little kids. The adults of the story would not be affected much by 5 years... If the Sannin are 50, then there isnt much of a difference at 55, and if Kakashi is say about 25, then it wouldn't hurt him any to be 30. It would also spare us the agony of watching Sakura with her nose in medical books, Sasuke wandering around learning on his own or being abused by Oro, and Naruto fumbling with new techniques.

But, as has been stated, the introduction of a new Akatsuki member pretty much rules out a time jump right now, so we can just sit back and enjoy a new arc for now.

Edit: Ryouga: Good point. I would definately love to see Gaara go visit Naruto in the hospital. The interaction between the two of them right now would be a high point in the series for me.

RyougaZell
Sun, 10-24-2004, 11:19 PM
That and the fact that Soundgakure (sp XD?) and Akatsuki won't sit down for 5 years without doing nothing to Konoha/Naruto...

Boogster
Sun, 10-24-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by: Hotsuma
Am I the only person who thinks Sasuke isn't as bad as everybody makes him out to be? I think he's still got a shred of goodness left in him, and that's what Naruto will have to capitilize on next time they should fight. IF they fight, even. The last few panels of Sasuke and Naruto's fight seemed pretty symbolic, and definitely shouldn't be ignored as a possibility that Sasuke is still redeemable.

Anyways, it's about damn time Sakura got some real training. Obviously, her appearance against Sasuke is going to be very important.

Absloutely agree. I don't think that Sasuke will develop into one of the evil characters, his relationship with Naruto, Sasuke and, to some extent, Kakashi is too strong.

Originally posted by: CapsuleCorpJX

God this is stupid.

It's called unfulfilled potential, I believe. Sakura has bags of it. Think of the times when Kakashi has praised her above Naruto or Sasuke. We know that she has excellent Chakra control; we also know that she values her friends highly and that when her passion for her friends is roused, she becomes more dangerous - I think there is much that is interesting about Sakura, and much that deserves the attention of the Hokage.

Gods_Son
Mon, 10-25-2004, 12:35 AM
Sakura is finally going to be useful, there's no reason to complain.

Don't double post.

DeathscytheVII
Mon, 10-25-2004, 01:13 AM
I've never liked sakura as a character, aside from being useless, she is ungrateful (did she ever thank naruto for saving her life?) and perhaps too erratically emotional at times (well thats not necessarily a bad thing, but seeing it soo much just....annoys the hell out of me.)

In any case, i consider her past the point where she can be redeemed as a character. But if Kishimoto can somehow pull that off, then i salute him.

kAi
Mon, 10-25-2004, 08:32 AM
i think the only reason sakura got to be tsunade's apprentice because she is naruto's team-mate/friend. and she see's herself in her.

also about the "That man comes to see naruto again" if anything i would say gaara or jiraiya... i know gaara isnt a 'man' but he is male and they could put boy in there, but i dunno.
i dont think there will be a time jump for a couple of chapters yet. they need to close some things up first i think.

realtortato
Mon, 10-25-2004, 08:40 AM
I guess Itachi is coming back, "That Man".
Or is it Jiraiya?
I can't wait to see any of them, it's been too long since they last showed up.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Edort4
Mon, 10-25-2004, 09:39 AM
I'm not a sakura hater or something like that but this smells fishy, kishimoto wanst to boost up sakura to make her an important part of the manga/team the only thing i dont like about this is that one day she wokes up and says i want to be strong the day after that im sure shes already strong, while all the other ppl has been training while she was buying flowers and crying for sasuke.

Its so unfair to make things like that... We will see in the next chaps how this goes but if its the way i said above i must say that its a cheap way to reintroduce sakura. The 5th hokage only training 1 person while konoha is rebuilding? in the moment that the village needs her more? when she has so much work to do? im going to give kishimoto a chance to explain this all but i believe hes going to cheat his own manga, poor thing.

Bye.

Ryllharu
Mon, 10-25-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by: Edort4

Its so unfair to make things like that... We will see in the next chaps how this goes but if its the way i said above i must say that its a cheap way to reintroduce sakura. The 5th hokage only training 1 person while konoha is rebuilding? in the moment that the village needs her more? when she has so much work to do? im going to give kishimoto a chance to explain this all but i believe hes going to cheat his own manga, poor thing.

What better way to rebuild Konoha than train new medical nins? Kohona lost so many Jounin and Chunnins and a lot of others so training more medical nins is a great way to ensure that no more are lost. Tsunade had that idea for a long time and perhaps she has the power to impliment it now. Konoha can't afford to lose any more ninjas, they already close down the ninja academy on a regular basis to send the instructors on missions. Training Sakura means that once she gets good as a medic-nin, her team runs a much lower risk of losing anyone and Konoha won't lose any MORE strength.

Edort4
Mon, 10-25-2004, 10:54 AM
I understand what ur saying but i still dont understand how can it help the village to train only 1 person(i would make a medic-nin school like they have the nin school to train docens of ppl at a time not only 1 person, its not a great diference) when she is one of the few medic nins that konoha has and even being the hokage. Maybe at times of peace the hokages have time but we have seen that she has been very busy since she became hokage so i dont get it, for me to train is not something u can make with 2 hours a day for 1 week it means a lot of time every day explaining and watching over during a long period of time(at least a month).

While she trains one person to save a team of 3 ppl whats up with all the other teams and hundreds of nins? Its like wasting a lot of potential in benefit of sakura only because she have a childish request(and kishimoto fulfilled it).

glitched
Mon, 10-25-2004, 01:05 PM
you know... one of my favorite characters to play in narutamit hero 2 in multiplayer is sakura, i love it when my friends play as someone really powerfull and i beat them with "measly" sakura. she actually is pretty usefull in the game...i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif lol

empT3
Mon, 10-25-2004, 01:15 PM
Who says that sakura is going to be the only medical ninja trained? Just because Sakura is going to be the only one apprenticed to Tsudane doesn't mean they can't open an academy, or have the other medical nins start taking on apprentices.

kAi
Mon, 10-25-2004, 01:40 PM
yeah i have the same kinda thoughts.
i dont like sakura getting trained by the hokage i think if anyone should have done it, it should have been shizune, but hey kishimoto wants to reflect the sannins.
so its going in this direction. we will soon see what this training will start with and what will happen.

Winged Dancer
Mon, 10-25-2004, 02:07 PM
I hope the man that comes to Naruto is Jiraiya. Because he's just too damn cool, and because if Tsunade is training Sakura (yay!), Naruto needs to be trained by Jiraiya as well.

Regarding Sasuke, yea, he's got good in him. If not, he would have killed Naruto when he fainted back there... and he didn't. Nope, Sasuke's bad into the evil side of the good guys! Which means he's good, but likes to dress in black.

I wonder if Shizune will like the idea of Sakura training with Tsunade? Or will she go crazy on Sakura's ass and it'll be mud-fight time?
(note: the above was not meant to be taken seriously, needless to say.)

Death BOO Z
Mon, 10-25-2004, 02:16 PM
Sucks, just sucks.
we all knew it was going to happen, but i never imagined it would look so lame...
she should have been trained by shizune, or kuranei, or maybe even the chick from hayate's grave. but no tsunade.

The 3rd hokage didn't personally train anyone, why should the 5th do so?

i bet that in the next arc Sakura would already be able to take out jounin leveled shinobies (like how kiba took out Sakon, who was a jounin level, and don't argue) with ease.

besides, why did Tsunade take her? Sakura has no real talent, they're probably at least ten more genins who are just as smart as her, and have better skills. and just to add to that, Sakura's motivation only lasts for a couple of hours, she just decided now that she would become strong? how long could she keep it up? i give her about two days before she cowers out.

RyougaZell
Mon, 10-25-2004, 03:39 PM
1) Kiba didn't beat Sakon. Kankurou did.

2) Kankurou is a Genin.

3) Sakon isn't Jounin. He had to get to level 2 curse seal, alongside another 3 curse seal lvl 2 Sound-nins to take on 2 tired from returning from a mission Jounins.

4) The 3rd didn't personally train anyone? What about the Sannin? he trained those 3 personally.

5) I bet my 2 cents Hinata will also train for medic-nin. Under who? who knows...

Death BOO Z
Mon, 10-25-2004, 04:07 PM
1. Kiba didn't die at the hands of Sakon and managed to get Sakon scared (sakon was the strongest of the sound 4), and when you're fighting someone as useless as Kiba, not winning is the same as losing.

2. Kankaru is a genin, yes, but he's an exceptional ninja, just like how Temari is exceptional, he was trained since he was a kid and mastered the doll, in terms of power and technique, he's at least a chunin.

3. Sakon was one of Oro's perssonal unit, oro won't settle for anything less than the best. Sure, he might not be as strong as Kabuto Kimimaru. but also Asuma and Kuranei are jounins, and none of them can match up to Kakashi and Gai.

4. Sarutobi trained them before he become Hokage (and don't dare saying that he became hokage as a kid, that was a fucking symoblizem thing, it wasn't a flashback), not in the middle of crisis times, and besides, he trained a team, not an indvidual.

5. I was willing to bet 3 cents that chouji will die at this arc, and he didn't. Kishimoto seems to be a bit confused himself about the future of the manga, so i won't bet anything.

Sidnne
Mon, 10-25-2004, 04:14 PM
besides, why did Tsunade take her? Sakura has no real talent, they're probably at least ten more genins who are just as smart as her, and have better skills. and just to add to that, Sakura's motivation only lasts for a couple of hours, she just decided now that she would become strong? how long could she keep it up? i give her about two days before she cowers out.

Tsunade said herself that to become a medical ninja it requires excellent chakra control. We have been told since the beginning of the series that Sakura is the best among the gennin at controling chakra. Sakura also has her important people (Naruto and Sasuke) which was the other requirement for becomming and excellent medical ninja. If you read the last page of chapter 236, Tsunade says all of that to explain why she is accepting Sakura.

Hinata would be a good choice also, except that we haven't seen her since Naruto vs Neji in the Chuunin tournament. And she is a Hyuga, so she has the same combat potential as Neji. It would make more sense for Hinata to be inspired by Neji and train with her father to master the Hyuga bloodline.

PSJ
Mon, 10-25-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
1. Kiba didn't die at the hands of Sakon and managed to get Sakon scared (sakon was the strongest of the sound 4), and when you're fighting someone as useless as Kiba, not winning is the same as losing.

2. Kankaru is a genin, yes, but he's an exceptional ninja, just like how Temari is exceptional, he was trained since he was a kid and mastered the doll, in terms of power and technique, he's at least a chunin.

3. Sakon was one of Oro's perssonal unit, oro won't settle for anything less than the best. Sure, he might not be as strong as Kabuto Kimimaru. but also Asuma and Kuranei are jounins, and none of them can match up to Kakashi and Gai.

4. Sarutobi trained them before he become Hokage (and don't dare saying that he became hokage as a kid, that was a fucking symoblizem thing, it wasn't a flashback), not in the middle of crisis times, and besides, he trained a team, not an indvidual.

5. I was willing to bet 3 cents that chouji will die at this arc, and he didn't. Kishimoto seems to be a bit confused himself about the future of the manga, so i won't bet anything.

1. he would have died if kankuro hadnt come. and kiba didnt do anything other than getting pushed around.

2. nothing much to say.... he is good with his puppets nothing else. that doesnt make him a chuunin.

3. the sound 4 are no where near jounin level not even with their curse seals turned on. they are at most strong chuunins. how can you think sakon was jounin level? what the hell have you been reading? okay its like this you can safely say that ninjas who only use ONE move when fighting and relying on it totally is lower than jounin. a jounin isnt simpleminded enough to only use one jutsu and they would certainly not start out with the best they got. and by this im not saying that naruto and sasuke are jounin level they arent even near it, they fight without thinking thats not even at chuunin level. basicly every genin has something that they got a high level of strength in. for example naruto-stamina, rock lee-taijutsu, gaara-ninjutsu defense/offense.

4. did he train them when he was a kid? he trained them when he was in his 20s we dont know if he was hokage or not but he most probably wasnt. so what if he didnt train anyone when he was hokage. both 1st and 2nd did, they trained sarutobi and dont come wiht some crap like he is a good ninja bla bla bla. sakura is good at what she needs to become a medic nin so she is also chuunin level accroding to you(based on your kankuro statement)

5. i dont think sakura will cower out she hasnt been in the story at all for a while and fact remains that she is one of the main characters in this series so she will indeed become a very good medic nin.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 10-25-2004, 04:44 PM
She was the best among team 7 at that point, who knows how much of that gap has been filled up by then (alot by Sasuke, and bit by Naruto), i don't believe that out of all the genins in the village she has the best chacrka knowledge.
Important people? don't make me laugh, about half of the villiage millitary force died, which means that they've left out a shitload of precious people that people would want to protect, besides, Tsunade became a med nin before her brother died, didn't she?
I'll admit that Sakura is probably the best among the genins in pure book knowledge, but i doubt that she has one bit of idea how to apply all that knowledge in real life, and i'm pretty sure that she won't be able to stand all the blood she'll have to deal with as a med-nin.

sure, I know that it must be Sakura becuase the story is about team 7, but i'd rather see Sakura trying to something on her own, or at least see Tsunade testing whether Sakura is worthy to become her apprentice or not, this Sakura shift of ideals is too rushed, quick and easy to be believeable, it's like some shitty fan-fiction that a 12 years old wrote.

PSJ, i haven't seen your post earlier, so here the reply:

1. As much as i hate it, Kiba dominated the early part of the fight, he forced Sakon into his ultimate form and even then he pushed him around a bit, sure he would have been killed, but it was hardly a clean victory.

2. He's not 'good' with the doll, Zaku was 'good' with his aircutters, Kankaru is just as good with the doll as Neji is good with his byakougan, and seeing how worried the 3rd hokage was ('the sand team is dangerous') i'm willing to bet that he could become a chunin if not for the war mission. Oh, and he was able to clear the forest of death in 90 mintues (something no chunin could do), and even if you discount the fact that he didn't fight for the scroll, it's still better than anyother team.

3. Orochimaru was comlainning that 'it's taking too long' after half a day, meanning that he fuly trusted the sound four to get Sasuke to the village quick, the other two persons that he fuly trust are Kabuto and Kimimaru. and he also said 'or have they [the leaf villiage] sent someone capable of stopping them?', which again is to imply that he has a moderate amount of trust in thier ability. And don't forget that they're Orochimaru's elite guard, and it doesn't seem that Orochimaru settles for less than the best.

4. There's nothing to say that the 1st and 2nd trained the 3rd, the time that they told him to protect the village is the same as the time when Tsunade told Naruto to become a respectable hokage, they probably kept a close realtion to him, but i doubt that they trained him. and don't twist my words, Sakura is nowhere close to become a chunin, the fact that she was outed at the perimnary rounds (and would've been dead if not the constant flow of people who came to protect her during the 2nd exam) should say that.

5. I agree, Sakura will become a great medical nin and will not cower away, i just said that I'm not gonna try to predict things which aren't obvious (like Sakura becoming a med-nin) becuase it seems that Kishimoto is chickenning out on us, and is gonna make this manga more tradional than i thought it would be.

PSJ
Mon, 10-25-2004, 05:07 PM
i agree with you that its a bit sudden but comparing it to a 12 yaer olds fan fiction is a little harsh. and she had perfect chakra use, meaning she used exactly the right amount of chakra to do her jutsus and didnt waste a bit. perfect chakra use is what a medic nin needs to have and im not saying that she is the only genin that has that and since she is smart she will learn medicin quite easy so she has the requirements for becoming a medic nin no doubt about that. and i have to agree with you that it would be better with a test but that would take another chapter and seeing as you doesnt seem to like sakura very much why would you want a whole chapter with sakura? it would be better to let the story resume and see past this small thing.

okay here's my reply.

1. sakon wasnt at his strongest in the early part of the fight kiba started with his greatest attack so i would say it was a pretty clean victory.

2. i agree with you that he is an expert on his dolls but again just by knowing one thing doesnt make you a chuunin and the sand team cleared the forest of death that easily cause of gaara and no one else.

3. sure they are strong but still they arent jounin ninjas, they have jounin level strength in each of their best ability much like the other genins. a jounin needs to be that good in all fields and they are not. they are good working as a team but when they are not they arent all that great all they have is that curse seal to boast the one ability they have.

4. okay you're right here but its vaguely stated in some parts that they trained him.

5. the traditional thing would be to make sakura strong right? all main characters in most mangas get new abilities all the time and sakura is the only main character i've ever seen that has stayed the same through out 25 vols.

Sidnne
Mon, 10-25-2004, 05:29 PM
Important people? don't make me laugh, about half of the villiage millitary force died, which means that they've left out a shitload of precious people that people would want to protect, besides, Tsunade became a med nin before her brother died, didn't she?

Why would you even argue about the Important People part when its right there as stated by Tsunade on the last page of the chapter?

And yes, Tsunade was a medical ninja before her brother died... what's your point?

Ryllharu
Mon, 10-25-2004, 06:34 PM
I still don't see why it's so unreasonable that Tsunade is training Sakura. Sure Shizune could probably teach her but if Tsunade is really starting to get serious about creating more medical-nins, wouldn't she want to have them taught by the best (namely her). Also, the various versions have said that other than chakra control and all that other good stuff, you still need to know a lot basic medical knowledge. That could mean Sakura may be spending a LONG time memorizing lots of healing jutsu's and biology.

Does that mean that Tsunade will have to be looking over Sakura's shoulder to make sure she reads the right sentences in every page? No. Sasuke's training with Kakashi and Naruto's with Jiraya required more attention because Gamabunta summon and Chidori are the only things the two learned and in Chidori's case, is a technique that could potentially hurt Sasuke so he to be watched over and in Naruto's case, most of that time was Jiraya looking at the girls.

Tsunade can do plenty of other things while Sakura is mulling through all sorts of books. Tsunade isn't going to run off to some mountain top or waterfall to train with Sakura because, probably, some of the best material to learn is in Tsunade's office or maybe Sakura will learn some of the jutsu's while they are being used on a patient. After all, they said way in the beginning that Sakura only needs to be taught how to do a jutsu once and she learns it.

Kishimoto seems to be a bit confused himself about the future of the manga, so i won't bet anything.
I gaurantee that Kishimoto is the only person that is sure where the Naruto manga is going.

I agree, Sakura will become a great medical nin and will not cower away, i just said that I'm not gonna try to predict things which aren't obvious (like Sakura becoming a med-nin) becuase it seems that Kishimoto is chickenning out on us, and is gonna make this manga more tradional than i thought it would be.
Despite the fact that one of the female characters is a healer, I'm not sure what way you are using 'traditional,' but if a female character is becoming strong, that's not all that traditional.

PSJ
Mon, 10-25-2004, 06:46 PM
yea you're probalby right it would be much easier training a medical nin that already got the basic knowledge: chakra control and a brain. but when it goes of to learning hard jutsus it will be more difficult and since tsunade is the hokage im sure shizune will train sakura a little to.

RyougaZell
Mon, 10-25-2004, 07:23 PM
Retaking what Death Boo Z said about Kiba.

Sakon not being able to win against Kiba means Kiba defeated him? Kiba (although I like the char) was running from him in the first place. And was about to get killed when Kankurou arrived.

Only the best within Sound? Those 4 where his guards just cause they used that chakra kekkai... besides Kimimaro and Kabuto, Orochimaru is surrounded by weaklings... what do you expect from a village born months ago just to attack Konoha? They are all following Oro blindly, he doesn't care for them (Zaku and Kin anyone?)

Going back to Sakura.
Indeed. He still needs to learn all about the medicines and other plants... and she can memorize everything remember? She memorized all the ninja code... then she can memorize this too.

Plants knowledge... Ino anyone?

Death BOO Z
Tue, 10-26-2004, 03:54 AM
---reply to "Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya" - 05:07 PM
I've read quite alot of fan fiction, most of it isn't worth the CO2 that it'll release while being burned. and this set of events appeared in most of them.

now, to reply to the posts which piled up over the night.

people say that Sakura is smart becuase she always got a perfect score during the academy, but what you forget is that the academy is the equivlent of elementry school, and out of the forum's population, i'm quite sure that at least 60% had an avarge of 90 points at each test during that time, Even taking myself as example, i've gotten perfect scores in math till the 7th grade without once openning the book outside class, it wasn't because i'm a super genius, it's becuase that elementry school math was easy as hell. So, that means that Sakura is only good at bookworming, she's got no real intellect.
oh, and even though I dislike Sakura (at some points), it doesn't mean i won't enjoy a good chapter about her, I Also hate Shino, but it doesn't mean i didn't like his fights.

1. Sakon was running around and crying for a large part of the fight, first when Kiba went Kenshin on his ass, and then when Kiba went Harakiri on his own liver, and also when Kiba set off the Akamaru bomb.

2. Gaara didn't carry Kankaru and Temari, they went through the forest on thier own, sure, he's the one who got them the scroll, but do you honestly believe that Kankaru and Temari couldn't have gotten a scroll on thier own?

3. They all seemed to have a vast range of ninjutsu, they all were able to to the barrier thing, and they pretty much beat the shit out of Sasuke without pulling the seal crap, so sure, they may not be Kakashi, but they're aren't a chunin leveled ninjas.

4. I'm not saying that they haven't trained him here and there, but there's a diffrence between listenning to a lecture (trainning here and there) and between having a tutor (having him as thier apprentice), and yes, Sarutobi was probably a great ninja even as a kid, and was spotted by the hokage for a future canidate, like how Tsunade thinks of Naruto now.

5. Take any fighting shonen anime and compare it to Naruto: do people sucide and sacrifice themselves to beat an enemy in the cost of thier lives and still survive? yes. do they get ridculasly strong in no time? yes. do they make all the 'he's the super legendary guys who did X and Y' enemies lose without even putting up a fight? yes. so, is it becomming tradional? yes.

---reply to Sidnne 05:29 PM---
peole realize that they need to protect something only when they lose something close to them, so if about half of the villiage is dead, it means that the other half is now more motivated to protect those who're left. Sakura isn't the only one who lost someone.

And if tsunade was a med nin before she lost her brother, it means that it's possible to become a good med nin even without someone to protect.

---reply to Ryllharu 06:34 PM---

If Tsunade was really serious about it, wouldn't she start from some jounin chunin who has more experinece and talent than Sakura? and the basic knowledge could be taught by anyone, it doesn't have to be the hokage.
If Tsunade was planning to dump tons of reading matrial on Sakura, then she wouldn't have had to say 'let me warn you, i'm a strict teacher', she could have just dumped all the books on Sakura and tell her to memorize them until tommorow, the anouncment about her being strict implies that Tsunade is going to spend alot of time with Sakura in the near future.

Yes, i agree that Kishimoto is the only one who knows what's gonna happen next, but it doesn't mean he didn't make a shitload of mistakes (mainly, Lee's sudden recovery and arrivel for no real reason, or all the 'i'm surly gonna die once i do this' statments).

By tradinoal i mean that it's becoming more and more like any other shonen fighting anime, i liked Naruto becuase the main charecters weren't super strong and didn't win every fight and people dies even though they had fans. it'd be enough for me if one charecter would die each arc (even if it's only Chouji or Kiba, it doesn't have to Sakura or Kakashi).

---reply to RyougaZell 07:23 PM---

Considering how strong Sakon was made out to be, Kiba was almost an equal match for him at the beginning of the fight.

The sound 4 aren't just sound ninjas, they're Orochimaru's elite guard, he trusts them to protect him when he's fighting the hokage, they're by no chance weaklings.

Sakura is a girl coming into her teenage stage, she's soon to become too obsessed with measuring her breasts to remember that she has to study. the fact that she got a perfect score in the academy doesn't mean she could handle real matrial, taking me as an example, i was the top student at math in the elemntery school, and i ended up taking the lowest ranked test at the finals.

that was alot of writings, i'm gonna read some ranma now, cya later.

Raven
Tue, 10-26-2004, 08:10 AM
I'm not going to reply to your whole post DBZ (nothing personal btw), but rather this one part that caught my eye in particular:

Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
2. Gaara didn't carry Kankaru and Temari, they went through the forest on thier own, sure, he's the one who got them the scroll, but do you honestly believe that Kankaru and Temari couldn't have gotten a scroll on thier own?
Actually Kankuro says to Gaara something along the lines of "You can't just go around attacking random people - you're ok and safe, but we're not". I think that Gaara DID in fact carry them and got them through without a scratch, because this was what convinced the audience of how 'invincible' Gaara actually was. I'm sure the two of them would have been able to compete on their own hypothetically, but in this instance Gaara definitely carried them through quickly.

PSJ
Tue, 10-26-2004, 09:20 AM
1. Sakon probably didnt want to go into his ultimate form against such an opponent but when he did he owned the fight completly.

2. do you honestly believe that they would clear it in that time without gaara? and as raven said gaara probably did most of the work to keep them safe etc etc i mean what can a puppet or a fan do to all the traps and shit.

3. they had the barrier which was 1 move that all 4 of them had to do together and if they had any more skills than they showed why didnt they use them? they are genin class ninjas. they got 1 ability that is jounin strength but overall they are genin class ninjas, they dont think when they fight, they whip out their best move right away and they didnt show any other skills at all.

4. yea i didnt agrue with you on this one.

5. yea. thats what i mean if it should become traditional sakura should become strong.

onlyelliot
Tue, 10-26-2004, 10:51 AM
It wouldnt make sense fir Tsunade to waste time training a chuunin or junin to become a medical ninja, because they already specialize in fight and right now it would be a waste of recources to take any of the capable fighters away from missions. Sakura is the perfect candidate to become a medical ninja because: 1. great chakra control 2. great ability to learn (maybe it is just because she is a bookworm, but so what that is kind of one of the main themes of Naruto, that if you work hard enough you can accomplish anything) 3. she has displayed a great level headedness in combat and an ability to see through enemy plans and techniques, and eventhough there have been several occasions where she is completely clueless, medical training would enhance her previously evident ability to respond to a situation with the technique necessary e.g. dispelling the sleep illusion in the chuunin exams. 4. the only the sakura really lacks at this point compared to her teamates is amount of chakra and a reprotoir of powerful techniques, Tsunade's training would help her with both of these.

I wouldnt expect Tsunade to train Sakura nonstop i think one of the biggest reasons Tsunade is willing to take Sakura on is that Sakura has the will and drive to achieve without Tsunade leading her the whole way. I imagine it will be much like Naruto's Resengan training, where Jaraiya would introduce a concept but then leave Naruto to figure it out on his own (for the most part anyway).

Edort4
Tue, 10-26-2004, 11:44 AM
U know i dont believe that medicine is quite simple as, spin your chakra... (jiraya wasnt a hokage with a village under his resposability so he can lose so much time as he wants) Second i believe that training a medic nin is nothing that can be make in 1 month i believe thats quite similar to real world where u have to study like a bookworm for years and more if u want to specialize.

Tsunade can have 3 or 4 medic nin aprentices if she wants, i believe that among the 100 gennins (+-) u can find someone as "good" as sakura to fit for the job. This would make sense, else is like having einsten teaching only one person and not sharing his intelect with anyone else, quite absurd if u want to improve overall(not only one persons selfish desire, and more if u are the best teacher who has to look for the improvement of ALL the village and villagers).

Its true that sakura has some head for studing but i still dont want to see how he masters all the organs arteries and muscles of the body in a month (i hope it takes her quite some time, if not all the medicine students that study about 7 years will cry a lot i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif). I believe that chakra is very importan to a medic nin and sakura lacks a lot on that and how can he improve that if she studies 8 hours a day, sleeps 8, puts her make up(his lips hair cloths etc) 2 hour, cries for sasuke 2 hours, buys flowers 1 hour, eats 1 hour... Maybe with a time jump it can be explained, who konws...

For me it doesn't make any sense how its now maybe un the next chaps tha thing get explained anda then i can understand(at least in DBZ they invent that thing that every time that they were badly injuried they boost up and became more powerful).

empT3
Tue, 10-26-2004, 12:46 PM
this is all an opinion and in no way gospel.

a) I'm not completly convinced that chuushin/genin/jounin is a sound way of guaging fighting ability. If you'll recall, chuunin was mostly about leadership capability and fighting ability was rather secondary (otherwise shikamaru wouldn't have been the only one passed). It's my opinion that jounins TEND to be on a higher fighting level than genins simply because they've been ninjas longer.
b) As for sakura, it's a manga, does not deal in any way with real life or have to be controlled by how you think it should be written. We've all known that Kishimoto is going to do this for a long time and he certainly isn't too worried about what some american is thinking about the direction he's taking HIS manga in. I'm not saying that you can't express your dissatisfaction, I'm just saying the tsunade isn't a real a person and it's silly to do the whole freud thing on why she picked sakura. It was explained pretty easily in the manga and as far as storyline goes, it makes perfect sense.
c) Being someone's apprentice doesn't mean that you are their sole student. What it means is that you are their servant (for lack of a better word) and in exchange for your service you recieve special/extra training.

Edort4
Tue, 10-26-2004, 01:49 PM
Im not american and i agree that kishimoto can do as he pleases but dont say that is logic or that makes sense something that right now is out from any understanding (maybe it becomes clear at next chap but for me its such a great contradiction from what we have seen till now that i cant understand it).

I was arguing that it should be more difficult to be a medic nin(most of the medics are old guys in the chunnin exam we saw them) than learning combat jutsus, so that it should take more time and dedication. By what u say Kishimoto can say tomorrow that naruto is an alien that can transform into a bath and throw plasma misiles but for me u have to be consecuent with a plot and a way of writting and not to reajust it as u please(its not a law only common sense, after all is only an opinion im not going to tell kishimoto how to write his manga, i like it very much but this kind of things make it stagger in credibility in my opinion).

We will see how she teaches sakura but i think that is going to be a personal guidance (not all the day wirh her but teaching only sakura) that from my pont of view is quite absurd being hokage, if it makes sense for u then that u understand more than me, be happy.

onlyelliot
Tue, 10-26-2004, 02:48 PM
I wasnt trying to say that genin necessaryily have less fighting ability than chuunin or junin (however that is the tendency). I think the most iportant thing reflected in rank is experience. It would be a waste to have a chuunin or junin learn how to be a medical ninja because they already have a ton of experience as fighting oriented ninja. If Kakashi started training now to become a medical ninja, he would essential have to relearn how he should act in battle. It makes more sense to start someone off as a medical ninja when they are still fairly inexperienced rather than waste the fighting experience of the higher level nins. And yes medical ninjas would still need to know how to fight, but their outlook in battle would be more safety and protection oriented than damage oriented.

Barumonk
Tue, 10-26-2004, 02:50 PM
Comparing how strong someone is to a ninja rank doesn't really make sense, if it did Shikamaru would have been the last possible choice to advance to the Chuunin rank. The ranking system is more or less based upon how well you use the strength you've aquired. A Chuunin becomes a Chuunin by learning how to correctly use the strength of his team and himself, and a Jounin is just a mastery of that. Death BOO Z, please don't use the ranking system as a power meter. ^^;;

As for Sakura becomming Tsunade's pupil, more than likely it will be perfect for Sakura in a certian aspect, but it will still be very nerve racking. Its not like she can practice healing someone by using a log, she will probably be very nervous at first, and may even screw up when it counts because of that. With the subject of how Tsunade could possibly consider taking on a pupil... I don't understand how you can ask that. Its Tsunade's choice and hers alone, plus she is the Hokage, whos going to stop her? Was Naruto any better? No, infact he was even less 'worthy' of becomming Jiraiya's pupil, he (still) has no talent as a ninja. He only has a massive amount of potential chakra, under the cirumstances (Kyubi and the sealing method) and for personal reasons, Jiraiya thought it would be interesting. The situation isn't any different from Sakura becomming Tsunade's pupil. Just think of it as a form of character development for Tsunade as well, since you didn't seem to think that Tsunade would take Sakura under her wing like this.

lee0539
Wed, 10-27-2004, 02:01 AM
i agree i dont think sakura was given a chance to learn really good jutsus. naruto was notorious for not being able to do jutsus but he learned rasengan faster then anyone else. sakura has potential but she is only good as a helper not much of a fighter.

Winged Dancer
Wed, 10-27-2004, 04:10 PM
Now that I think about it, the man who's coming to see Naruto - maybe its Gaara. Its about time those two met again, and under these circumstances!! 'Sides, maybe Gaara will kind of replace Sasuke as second main good-guy or as Naruto's friend.

Of course there's a difference between Sasuke and Gaara and Gaara can't just take Sasuke's place completely, but I wouldn't mind him having more screentime from now on...

Of course, if it's not Gaara but Jiraiya instead, I'll be happy anyway.

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 10-27-2004, 05:03 PM
I bet it'll be the infamous venus fly trap man. It would be nice if it were garra but he's not a man yet. If it were Jiraiya well I don't even think Jiraiya is in the village right. It has to be venus fly trap man because he is a man and the way they said it implied mystery. BRING ON venus fly trap man.

Mut
Wed, 10-27-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
It has to be venus fly trap man because he is a man and the way they said it implied mystery.
ROFL, 'he is a man and the way they said it implied mystery.' good support for you argument.

Winged Dancer
Wed, 10-27-2004, 08:10 PM
Its not really clear whether its a man or a boy. The japanese word "Otoko", meaning man, is used to refer to both boys and grown men... so it could be Konohamaru for all we know! Oh yes, that'd be real deep.

basey44
Wed, 10-27-2004, 08:22 PM
wooooo, oh yes, time jump finally (EXTREEEEEEEME SARCASM)

Ryllharu
Wed, 10-27-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by: RyougaZell
A friend of mine found a summary in japanese... he translated that it seems the "man" is Jiraiya. And that he's gonna take Naruto to train for 3 years... and guess what? TIME JUMP! -_- oh well....

Hmm "A friend of mine...." This is a phrase that apparently implies that such and such a friend found a very reliable source of information and is to be completely trusted. Not to say anything bad about your friend, but this has happened before and they were horribly wrong. ( I am refering to a "very reliable source that knows Kishimoto" Gamefaqs thread that many should remember. )

Before I believe anything that anyone says, I'll wait for the real manga chapter.

Winged Dancer
Wed, 10-27-2004, 11:51 PM
Ok, I've re-read the raw and while I may not have been studying Japanese for five years, I can tell one thing: Jiraiya's name hasn't been mentioned at all. Not once.

RyougaZell, where did that guy who posted at the Narutofan forums get that information? Manga summarys are not released to public before the chapter in question, and nothing like that was written anywhere in last chapter.

RyougaZell
Thu, 10-28-2004, 12:05 AM
That I don't know.
A friend (yes, the one is made fun before by another user here -_-) pointed out to me that he has been following this guy at Narutofan, and he has been acurately till now.

At Narutofan they pointed some kanjis about Jiraiya.

The last translation was made by a friend from Tijuana (and that till last semester studied the same major as I before he graduated)

Mut
Thu, 10-28-2004, 12:06 AM
if RyougaZell's information proves to be false (complete utter bullshit), i'ma make sure a 'don't post bullshit about what's gonna happen next in naruto you heard from a friend/relative/etc.' rule is passed and enforced strictly.

if not, ...

whatever.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 10-28-2004, 12:10 AM
I was able to read the japanese at Narutofan, and yes, they mention Jiraiya and Orochimaru and a 3-year travel. I'm saying its the raw chapter 236 the one which doesn't mention Jiraiya... is says something about a man "close to Naruto", which could be Kakashi for all we know (I don't think its him though).

What I always say about a time-jump is that its a little bit stupid since the Akatsuki wants the Kyubi, not Naruto. They don't need another member, and Naruto wouldn't join them anyway. Why would they wait until Naruto is older and stronger than before? Just so it becomes harder to take him and extract the Kyubi in God knows what ways? It just doesn't make much sense.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 10-28-2004, 12:18 AM
I'm not complaining about your friend's translation or whatever, I'm simply doubting how truthful the original source is. If its really been accurate for a while (which I don't know, since I don't follow the Narutofan forums), maybe it'll happen... although I wish it didn't.

xtort
Thu, 10-28-2004, 03:29 AM
Winged Dancer, I officially name you GW's Disinformation Agent. You need to publish information in Japanese across the web on all the things that "definitely will be happening because you know a friend of a guy who's ex-girlfriend once slept with Kishimoto." That way, when other boards start a thread talking about how Sakura is going to dyke out with Ino, and Shika professing his star-crossed love for Neji, we can all have a chuckle at their expense. If it turns out that this friend of a whoever knows what he's talking about, I don't really want to know about it, because time warps suck.

To the NarutoFan guy's friend: I hope your friend's friend's friend gets mauled by a poodle.

-xtortout

PS I'm kidding about your f's f's f getting mauled. Just bitten about the face, head, neck, and breast area. A little.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 10-28-2004, 08:53 AM
Ok xtort, but you see, that wasn't my friend.

Edort4
Thu, 10-28-2004, 09:34 AM
I love that kind of people that only reads the last post and starts writting a speech, we should think about naming the oficial GW "i dont know what im talking about but i want to post"(Its a joke)

I hope that the time jump doesnt became real we need a lot of answers right now and as they pointed, is akatsuki going to stay for 3 years idle? i have to say that as long as naruto is with jiraya it seems that he is secure, itachi said that it didnt matter how many attacked him the result would be the same (maybe akatsuki needs to become stronger too, dunno).

Any way i hope they dont make a 3 year jump from one chap to another, it creates a lot of questions about those 3 years and what all the people has been doing, too many falshbacks should be needed to explain, i hate an overuse of flashbacks.

We will see..

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 10-28-2004, 09:40 AM
aaaaaah i hope they do though i wanna see naruto in a cool ass outfit, with some new cool jutsus and superb tai jutsu so he can kick some ass finally these kiddies need to grow up it's time thye become jounin level so we can see some real action happening not a stupid kage bunshin rush and constant rasengan's that's just cheap and stupid

Ryllharu
Thu, 10-28-2004, 10:24 AM
As much as I wouldn't like it, I'm starting to see the value of a 3 year time jump. We wouldn't NEED to see long chapters of learn this and that jutsu and watch Sakura's boring studies. If it doesn't happen, that's fine we'll just see what happens. If it does, then the info RyougaZell's friend found or translated or whatever was right, and I'll keep reading Naruto anyway. No matter what happens, you know you'll keep reading too.

drcitan
Thu, 10-28-2004, 10:46 AM
[quote]
Originally posted by: RyougaZell
A friend of mine found a summary in japanese... he translated that it seems the "man" is Jiraiya. And that he's gonna take Naruto to train for 3 years... and guess what? TIME JUMP! -_-

BULLSHIT

Winged Dancer
Thu, 10-28-2004, 10:46 AM
Rylharu has a point. As much as I hope Kishimoto doesn't do a time-jump, if he did, I'd still read... and after the initial shock, I wouldn't mind it so much.
Even if those years need to be re-said as flashbacks, I wouldn't mind them. Every flashback is good as long as its not from something we've seen thousands of times...

On the other hand, if they grow up, the girl's have breasts. And Shikamaru will have to stop pretending he's not interested. What I mean to say is that there are new elements that could be introduced much better if they were adults...
...but I'll miss them younger ones.

BTW, Orochimaru can't take Sasuke's body. It'd be damn stupid, plot-wise. Orochimaru's gonna be killed some day, and they can't kill him if he's Sasuke. It'd be dramatic and whatever, but it wouldn't work in this place.

drcitan
Thu, 10-28-2004, 10:48 AM
Sasukes gonna be a super badass while training under Oro

fremeer
Thu, 10-28-2004, 01:08 PM
i kinda want a time jump because then we always get that cool, bad people doing bad things to good people and then main character comes in looking uber cool because he has grown up and then shows us his new strength. classic jump stuff there but always fun

xtort
Thu, 10-28-2004, 02:43 PM
Hehe Winged, I meant that you were supposed to combat such "friends". I know that the "friend" is someone from Narutofan board's friend, and was just being... goofy, I guess. Edited the post to make it a bit clearer. My point is that, so far, I've heard of three different friends of friends, and none of their stories were correct. If that's the case, we need to start fighting fire with fire, so that friends of friends can learn to shut up and not lie about a dumb comic. We can chuckle behind our sleeves when people are reading about our friends of friends. Three year time jump? Let's make it 12, so that possibly Naruto has a clue, Sasuke wears a ball gag and calls Orochimaru "Big Mr. Daddy", and Sakura is the 6th Hokage. (On second though, that'd probably be the hentai version.)

-thebeardedlady

jing
Thu, 10-28-2004, 02:54 PM
i dont think there will be a time jump. If their journey begins, then shouldn't the manga be about the journey?

empT3
Thu, 10-28-2004, 03:58 PM
Lets also keep in mind that he might not train under Oro, he hasn't reached the sound village yet and it's very possible that he might go to train by himself somewhere.

Assertn
Thu, 10-28-2004, 06:44 PM
he's OBVIOUSLY gonna train with orochimaru...because that has been hinted at way more than sakura being trained by tsunade....

with all the similarities kishimoto tried to emphasize between naruto's team and the sannins, it would be a waste for him NOT to train with oro

Everon
Thu, 10-28-2004, 07:03 PM
I guess Oro would teach Sasuke a few jutsu's so that he could protect himself. But Oro only cares about is switching into Sasuke's body, so teaching him jutsu's might be (in Oro's opinion) a waste of time.

Well heres a question: are Sakura and Sasuke gonna learn summons? Kishimoto would certainly be pounding those "Parallels in character" pretty hard.

Assertn
Thu, 10-28-2004, 07:17 PM
maybe, but judging from the way people like zaku and kimimaro felt strongly for oro, i would say that he must not be as neglective of a sensei as some people tend to think

drcitan
Thu, 10-28-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by: empT3
Lets also keep in mind that he might not train under Oro, he hasn't reached the sound village yet and it's very possible that he might go to train by himself somewhere.

Dude for sasuke going thru all the trouble of breaking away from the leafs it would be pointless if he were to train by himself. Sasuke still wants to obtain power just not in the way itachi wanted him to, which was to kill his closest friend(naruto). Lets say that sasuke does go out and train by himself. The most he could do is probably sharpen the chidori by practicing it over and over which would take up to much time. Sasuke has already been given a taste of power(the curse seal) from Orochimaru. If I were to give you a free X box and Halo and tell you theres more were that came from would'nt you come back for Halo 2.

Hollow
Thu, 10-28-2004, 11:08 PM
Not really. Nobody said that teh ONLY WAY to get mangekyou was the friend killing. Sasuke's probably gonna try to find another way to that Mangekyouness his brother wants to see so bad.

drcitan
Thu, 10-28-2004, 11:15 PM
Yeah like befriending Orochimaru or Kabuto and killing one of them off

Hollow
Thu, 10-28-2004, 11:19 PM
No, I was thinking more along the lines of a longer, more difficult path. I believe that Itachi's way is a SHORTCUT to mangekyou, not a single means to that end.

drcitan
Thu, 10-28-2004, 11:26 PM
Maybe sasuke will try and seek out the third mangekyou sharingan user for guidance.