PDA

View Full Version : Manga: Blame

relevasius
Fri, 10-22-2004, 01:10 PM
This is an awesome manga by Tsutomu Nihei, not much dialogue but the artwork is @*%&#^ mindblowing at times. The plot is pretty deep despite the lack of text, but all in all this is one of my favorite mangas and i'm just wondering if anyone else has read it. You can get it at Omanga (http://www.omanga.net)

Lefty
Fri, 10-22-2004, 01:13 PM
Of fucking corse people on this forum have read it. it was fairly popular amoung a good group of people. it's just been so long since it finished that alot of people don't talk anout it anymore. a word to the wise, dpon't watch the OVA's that are out. they're just really confusing.

PSJ
Fri, 10-22-2004, 01:37 PM
whats this series about? sounds interesting.

relevasius
Fri, 10-22-2004, 01:42 PM
haha those ova's were terribly confusing, i actually watched those before i started reading the manga, and i was completely fucking lost, but after you've read it all the fragments do make some sense.

anyways the series is about this guy Killy who is searching for a person with a certain gene called the net terminal gene, which allows them access to... christ it's really hard to explain. Basically this guy has a kick ass gun and he travels around this gigantic place called the Megasphere searching for the gene. It's really dark and somewhat violent and very confusing.

PSJ
Fri, 10-22-2004, 01:43 PM
so is it sci-fi or present or maybe a mix?

relevasius
Fri, 10-22-2004, 01:44 PM
it's definitely sci-fi, very cyber-punk i suppose

post-apocalyptic would also be another way to describe it.

Lefty
Fri, 10-22-2004, 05:40 PM
It would also be a good idea to read the prequal esce series that was released before blame. Made by the same guy but you can see Blame evolved from adn it's also another intreseting shot sereis to read. You can also find that on Omanga.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 10-23-2004, 06:52 AM
I read Blame but the hero never talked and nothing happens so i got bored and dumped this manga. But the art was mind blowing as you said,i haven't seen better yet. I will try Blame agian so i can know whats its about before i decide to read more or not.

Where can i find the prequal?

Lefty
Sat, 10-23-2004, 08:09 PM
At omanga it's calles "Noise"

kAi
Sun, 10-24-2004, 08:55 AM
yeah i only got the first few chapters a while back.
and yeah it just died down on me. maybe sometimes later i will get the rest and read.

relevasius
Mon, 10-25-2004, 03:23 PM
yeah it's a difficult read due to the lack of dialogue, but the story really does pick up later on. There's a new manga out by the same mangaka called Biomega, which is available from omanga via irc. I haven't gotten a chance to check it out yet, but just in case anyone is interested...

Lefty
Mon, 10-25-2004, 05:05 PM
All of Omanga including the Irc is so MIA. No one has updated on that site for like three months so it's not a good choice to find that sereis. Thats been the problem with them for a while now. thought I would warn everyone. Evil genius is also releaseing Biomega try them if you want it.