Fri, 10-22-2004, 07:19 AM
http://xscanz.free.fr/naruto236.zip

new link download away

RyougaZell
Fri, 10-22-2004, 07:31 AM
Much appreciated!!
Thnks!!
Now I need a translation...

I readed several days ago in animesuki that they said in a summary that in this chapter Sakura states she's becoming a Medic Nin....

JusDaMan
Fri, 10-22-2004, 08:01 AM
uh oh.... seems like sakura wants to train under tsunade!!!!

NewTaxes
Fri, 10-22-2004, 08:32 AM
Mmmhmmm, I loved in the last panel how Tsnuade contemplated how very much team 7 is like the Sannin Team. Going to enjoy reading some more Naruto Soap Opera chapters for a few more weeks.

Hotsuma
Fri, 10-22-2004, 08:44 AM
SHUT THE FUCK UP, SAKURA.

RasenDori
Fri, 10-22-2004, 09:20 AM
this has been the most important arc, ever. sasuke leaves. sakura will become a bad ass. i love it

basey44
Fri, 10-22-2004, 09:24 AM
lol at sakura, i jsut cant see her doing somthing than saying sasuke-kun
well... all we need now is a translation

Kumiriko
Fri, 10-22-2004, 09:27 AM
Well since Sasuka isnt Anywhere near here she has to do something. Hopefully she discovers she is really a lesbian in his absince.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 10-22-2004, 10:20 AM
Heh it kind of makes sense. Up till now Sakura has only been focused on gaining Sasukes affections. Being a ninja was sort just a secondary thing. Now that Sasuke has been effectivly taken out of the story for whats probably going to be quite some time now all that she has left is being a ninja. Now that her main distraction has been eliminated we can FINALLY see her do something.

Bring on the slug summoning. Actually now that I think about it it what might happen is that the story will not directly focus on naruto. Maybe we'll get a sequence of chapters focusing on Sakura's training with tsunande. Narto will get kidnapped by the Atsuki and who will lead the recovery mission? Sakura will or at least take a large part in it because now she realizes that she may never love naruto but she respects and admires him. She also dosen't want to lose another friend to evil outside forces. With her new found motivation and skill sakura goes off with the other characters who never get screen time like ten ten and shino to go save Naruto?

Just a thought.

HimizujinEternia
Fri, 10-22-2004, 10:28 AM
Hooray for Sakura! She can finally be useful!

I really want to know what Naruto said to motivate her and cheer her up. Hopefully, it was something to the extent of, "I said it was the Promise of a lifetime, didn't I?"

Anyway, nice little chapter.

Souryusen
Fri, 10-22-2004, 10:44 AM
I'll believe this "Useful Sakura" thing when I see it. Maybe the absence of Sasuke will push her along for real this time but I'm not holding my breath.

hornetmike
Fri, 10-22-2004, 11:26 AM
Nice chapter, but i gotta agree with souryusen. let's not count our chickens yet. i want it to be true this time, but i seem to remember her making empty promises before. i won't believe in her usefulness till i see it.

Now all we gotta do is wait for translations. Where is Winged dancer?

oscar
Fri, 10-22-2004, 11:44 AM
sakura blows, period.

relevasius
Fri, 10-22-2004, 12:10 PM
Well from what i can read i think sakura tells tsunade that she wants to be her student on 156, but i have extremely limited translation abilities, so i too will wait for winged dancer...

Maybe Sakura will stop being such a douche now. Here's to hoping.

Jman
Fri, 10-22-2004, 12:15 PM
thanks for the heads up.

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 10-22-2004, 12:15 PM
finally sakura is gonna do something useful

Renbo
Fri, 10-22-2004, 02:16 PM
Yeah, now its Naruto's turn to be kidnapped, and Sakura and the other girls (Tenten, Hinata, Ino) and maybe shino too, coz he wasnt in the last arc at all, will go for the rescue i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Mut
Fri, 10-22-2004, 02:18 PM
where the hell is itachi, all this talk is completely irrelevant to the storyline. not only that, the storyline has dipped down hardcore, the only thing that can bring it back up is itachi kicking everyone's ass.

wd translate plz.

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-22-2004, 02:36 PM
At least Sakura has a chance to not be useless now, we'll see if she can manage to not screw up a great chance to useful to others. I hope she becomes useful again.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 10-22-2004, 02:38 PM
How has the story dipped down? Yesh. We just reached a huge climax and already people are clamoring for itachi to come back. Screw itachi lets see some other atsuki members.

Of course things are going to be a bit slower now as the story picks up momentum for the next arc. Only reason why people hate on these less action pacted chapters is because we only get 19 pages of naruto a week. We want more but unfortunatly thats not going to happen.

Damn anyone have any guesses as to when inane will get around to translating this. I want to understand what there saying.

Stoopider
Fri, 10-22-2004, 02:41 PM
Hmm? Sakura Medic Ninja? thats Great. Just like most of us been saying.

So When's Tsunade going to teach her how to use her 'Inner Sakura' properly to summon out the Giant Slug? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

and if Sasuke has his Chidori
Naruto has his rasengan
Sakura's going to have her _____?

ohpeekaboo
Fri, 10-22-2004, 02:42 PM
yup.. sakura asks to be tsunade's pupil.. and then tsunade considers it and agrees but won't be easy on her, blah blah..

as for what naruto said to her, something along the lines of: "i won't break my word, because that's my nindo."

cute.. finally, some fresh blood into the parallel sannin/team 7 deal... now, where is sasuke......

Stoopider
Fri, 10-22-2004, 02:49 PM
What would be cool now, Is Kishimoto diverts the story, and from now on, the story concentrates on Sasuke as he delves into the dark side.

Instead of being on Naruto, and bla bla bla.. Poof! 3 years later, we see Sasuke all grown up and wanting to kill Naruto for letting him go.

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 10-22-2004, 02:51 PM
that would sucks so much ass it won't even be funny

Winged Dancer
Fri, 10-22-2004, 03:09 PM
Wow.
Simply fucking wow.

I HAD THE TRANSLATION READY.
But the fucking school computer ate it.
Then I had to go to class, so I had to leave the computer.
Then the teacher never arrived!! So I came back and asked for the same computer.
But it was already taken! And I can't download shit on this new one!!
So I can't translate. Jolly fucking great, eh? Oh, and I'll get home at about 11 o'clock, at which time I plan to sleep.

Meh, I'll try to fecking remember what the hell was going on and post it, but yeah, anyway, Sakura's gonna train under Tsunade from now on and Tsunade promises it wont be pretty.

Edit: Ok, this is what I remember mainly. HEED THE CAPS AND DON'T READ THE SPOILERS, YA CRYBABIES!!

Shikamaru is talking with Tsunade, and comments that he finally sees how important it could be to have a medic-nin in every team, and ask Tsunade why don't they prepare more of those.
Tsunade answers that its no simple task to raise medic-nins, 'cause they need teh basic ninja training plus practical battle skill plus medical knowledge, which goes from basic antomy to a weird ass amount of names I couldn't read nor remember very well, besides medical nins require a great chakra control and above everything, "Precious persons".

Shikamaru looks confused, and Tsunade sends him to Naruto's room. Naruto, who is really banged up, is depressed looking at Sasuke's protector. Shikamaru enters.

Meanwhile, I think, Sakura is at the bridge and Ino comes running, "Sakura!! They are back, they are at the Konoha Hospital!" they go, and Ino says that she'll go to see Chouji first and Sakura says "First, I'll go see Naruto... and Sasuke."

So they go. Naruto is talking with Shikamaru, and is glad to hear that everyone was fine. Shikamaru sees the forehead protector and says "So, Sasuke..."
Sakura hears through the window "He's gone..."

Tsunade finds Sakura and identifies her by name, "You came to visit, Haruno Sakura? My, news travel fast..."

They enter, Naruto gets even angstier when he sees Sakura, Tsunade tells him to cheer up since a comrade came to visit, Naruto only apologizes.
Sakura tries to cheer him up too, "...what are you apologizing for? Knowing you, you must've gone and done something reckless...", she comments that he should at least open the curtains, since the weather is nice.
Naruto seems to cheer up a little, and says something like "The promise - I'll uphold it!! 'Cause I said it, right? It's the promised of a life-time!!"
Sakura looks out at the window,
"...its fine Naruto... that's already..."

Shikamaru gets angry, "Hey Sakura, this guy here -"
Naruto interrupts "I always...
Yeah, because I always say it, right?
I wont go back on my words! That is my ninja way!!"

Sakura smiles, and thinks something like "Naruto... I was only crying. I was only relaying on you all the time. I... by myself... nothing..."

She goes to the exit. "Naruto, I'm sorry I made you wait." (or "held you back" or something, can't remember) "But next time, surely, I'll go along!"
Naruto smiles! Tsunade smiles! Shikamaru smiles! So happy.

Later, it seems, at Tsunade's office someone knocks, she tells them in.
"I came because I have a favor to ask of you...
Please, make me your student!" (or underling, can't remember the kanji)

Tsunade looks at Sakura and remembers Dan and Niwaki. "Precious people, mmmh...?"
"That's fine then. In return, know that I wont go soft on you at all!!"

"Y-yes!!"

I can't read what the next chapter is about.
Somewhere along the way, Ino and Chouji's dad are talking. Ino says they can't relax yet, but what a relief it is that he's safe.
Chouji's father says that its all thanks to Tsunade, if she hadn't come there would've been no way to save Chouji. Ino wonders, "The Fifth Hokage...?"

And that's it.

And now, let the Sakura bashing begin! If she had cried, what and angsty and useless person! If she had been bitchy, how dares she be bitchy at poor Naruto? She tries to cheer him up, SHUT UP SAKURA!! She decides to be Tsunade's student? Please, she wont achieve anything!!
Oh yes, let the intelligence shine through!!

relevasius
Fri, 10-22-2004, 03:38 PM
yeah, thanks for the summary

i'm pumped to see sakura start training under tsunade, maybe she'll show her how to unleash her inner sakura badassness, but wtf are they going to do about ino now? her rivalry with sakura will be greatly unbalanced.

Knives122
Fri, 10-22-2004, 03:43 PM
So Im guessing by the end of all this "The Sakura Uselessness dynasty" will have ended, so if Saskue is going to oro(which he probably did) team 7 will end up being like the Sannins(like that wasnt already obvious back in the chunning exams)

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 10-22-2004, 03:52 PM
Damn. 236 chapters and NOW Sakura starts to do something useful. I'm hyped up about finally seeing her do someting but thing about the length of time between her introduction in the series to the point where now she is finally doing something. It's at least about oh say 233 chapters give or take. Even characters that have had far less screen (or page) time then her have accomplished more.

Alu
Fri, 10-22-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by: Winged Dancer

And now, let the Sakura bashing begin! If she had cried, what and angsty and useless person! If she had been bitchy, how dares she be bitchy at poor Naruto? She tries to cheer him up, SHUT UP SAKURA!! She decides to be Tsunade's student? Please, she wont achieve anything!!
Oh yes, let the intelligence shine through!

Putting words into my mouth. With the same sarcasm.

Go Sakura!

HimizujinEternia
Fri, 10-22-2004, 04:41 PM
I knew it; NAruto has dedicated himself to this promise of a lifetime. I predict it will take about that long to fufill it, though.

As for Sakura trying to become a Medical Ninja... I still say Huzzah. And with what Tsunade seems to have said at the start of the chapter, SAkura may be able to do it, if she really dedicates herself to it.

GO SAKURA!

And Mut@t@? Itachi is, currently, one of the least interesting villians in the series. His sole purpose is to prove motivation for Sasuke at the moment. There's no need for him to come into the story right now. Let some other characters have the spotlight. And especially allow some new Akatsuki members to appear; if Kishimoto is going for the typical organization style villian entity, he'll need to reveal all of them before any of them can have a truly significant impact on the story.

Mut
Fri, 10-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by: HimizujinEternia
And Mut@t@? Itachi is, currently, one of the least interesting villians in the series. His sole purpose is to prove motivation for Sasuke at the moment. There's no need for him to come into the story right now. Let some other characters have the spotlight. And especially allow some new Akatsuki members to appear; if Kishimoto is going for the typical organization style villian entity, he'll need to reveal all of them before any of them can have a truly significant impact on the story.
just wrong.

i don't want to steal other people's thoughts so, here is a quote from irc:

[15:19] <Souryusen> Honestly.. Itachi was in the series for about 10 minutes, fucked everyone up and left... and more than a year later people are still babbling about him. How very dull he is.

Kumiriko
Fri, 10-22-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by: relevasius
yeah, thanks for the summary

i'm pumped to see sakura start training under tsunade, maybe she'll show her how to unleash her inner sakura badassness, but wtf are they going to do about ino now? her rivalry with sakura will be greatly unbalanced.

Humm. Ino and sakura have about the same lvl of skills. maybe ino will hear about this beg to get traind for medical Nin Status and they will carry on a Rivalry that will push them to learn faster. I Just hope it isnt just the Girl Nins that end up Learning the Medical Job. But since Tsunade is back she will most likely Make it so a Ninja who passes from the acadamioe is teamed withh at lest one who shows a good chance of being a Good Medical Nin

HimizujinEternia
Fri, 10-22-2004, 06:49 PM
He may be appealing to people who think of nothing but strength (namely, 90% of all Naruto fans), but seriously, he's not that great of a character. From what we know of him at the moment, his sole motivation at first was to test his strength, and now he's essentially whoever is commanding Akatsuki's lap dog. How incredible. I don't care about strength or cool skills; it's the characterization that matters, and so far ALL Itachi is there for is to provide motivation for Sasuke.

I want to hear about someone else at the moment. If the next arc is about Akatsuki, then I hope they focus on other Akatsuki members, not just Itachi.

Mut
Fri, 10-22-2004, 06:57 PM
itachi probably is the second most mysterious character. his background story, his genius, and his incredible skills/power is nothing like anything we've seen before. uchiha history is the most intriguing and interesting in the naruto storyline so far due to the fact that it's connected to the a character who shares basically half of naruto's storyline. we all know how naruto's storyline is gonna go, he's gonna become the hokage, only way of going about that, just get stronger. but how is sasuke gonna defeat itachi if he didn't do what itachi said? not only that, itachi has an effect on the two main characters. whatever itachi does to naruto, it'll affect sasuke and vice versa.

HimizujinEternia
Fri, 10-22-2004, 07:32 PM
Very good points, Mut@t@. However, I still see no reason that he is necessary for this story to become "better," as you claimed. I have seen nothing wrong with where this story is headed; Team 7 has now been broken up, each one aligning with the Sannin they are associated with. A new member of Akatsuki has been semi-intoduced (we've seen his face, but not his name) and there are still 5 (perhaps 4, depending on how you interpret his introduction) left to meet.

The way I see it, this arc was to establish the rest of the direction of the plot of Naruto. It's been a long time since we've heard Naruto talk about becoming Hokage. His current motivation is now something more personal, the fufillment of his promise with Sakura. Also, during the arc, I interpreted the Kyuubi's granting of more power to Naruto and his facial expression as he did so to imply that the Kyuubi may eventually escape, and Naruto will have to face the power he helped release.

Explain how Itachi showing up and causing Havoc (in other words, a pointless and useless plot twist) will improve the story.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 10-22-2004, 07:43 PM
Wow, isn't it funny how every chapter, even one completely dedicated to Sakura, transforms into a Itachi discussion?? It's surprising, even!! I wonder why that happens?

Terracosmo
Fri, 10-22-2004, 08:18 PM
Well, because... Itachi kicks ass? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Winged Dancer
Fri, 10-22-2004, 09:59 PM
He might, but for me its damn obvious that he's not gonna show his face any soon. Really, were people actually expecting him to appear this chapter? Out of the blue? While Naruto and Sakura had important stuff to discuss? Please.

Elessar
Fri, 10-22-2004, 10:03 PM
I'm a bit shocked, I mean:

Precious persons - GO Sakura GO!
Basic Ninja Skills - GO Sakura GO!
Great chakra control - GO Sakura GO!
Battle skills -. err, wtf?!?? GO HOME Sakura GO HOME!

Knives122
Fri, 10-22-2004, 10:13 PM
You would think after becoming tsunade's apprentice the first thing tsunade will teach her is basic fighting skills then all the medical skills, and maybe Sakura's special skill can be called "I dont suck anymore no jutsu" and then we can actually celebrate the next time we see her fight

Eurasian
Fri, 10-22-2004, 10:31 PM
i'm waiting for itachi's return as well. but the new akatsuki guy isn't bad at all.

sakura a medic .. *silence* seriously, she's becoming more useful. i guess that's good but now i have no excuse to make really hate her.

AlbinoFury
Fri, 10-22-2004, 10:43 PM
nice and all but if the next arc is a sakura training arc im gonna be sick.

at this point they need to do something to give everyone a little time to get just a tad older and a bit more training.

bring on the neji only arc!

xtort
Fri, 10-22-2004, 10:48 PM
OK. I want Sakura to decimate Kabuto. Anyone else?

-xtortout

Masamune
Fri, 10-22-2004, 11:27 PM
i want kabuto to decimate sakura. Anyone else?

JusDaMan
Sat, 10-23-2004, 12:07 AM
I want kabuto to bang sakura. Anyone else?

Kumiriko
Sat, 10-23-2004, 12:12 AM
I want the Fan boys to stop sucking Itachi's dick. anyone eles?

jing
Sat, 10-23-2004, 12:19 AM
Anyone else want to say "anyone else"?

Lefty
Sat, 10-23-2004, 12:25 AM
No. Finally Sakura can be some what usful. Raise your hand if you didn't see this coming for a long time. If you raised your hand then you havn't been reading this series.

xtort
Sat, 10-23-2004, 01:38 AM
Oh ho ho! Sakura will definitely kill Kabuto. I've got 5$ on it. Anyone in? (Of course, there's no way I'll pay you lamers, but still...) That is, unless Itachi does it... well, no doubt Itachi's supar-sne4ky ninja moves will be hampered by all you people crawling into his colon. I wonder how many fanboys can fit into his colon... I mean, even with suckiyomi, he'll probably only be able to fit 5 or 6 ... hundred of you all.

-xtortout

ohpeekaboo
Sat, 10-23-2004, 01:46 AM
actually, all sakura hating aside...

the story and feel of the show would change quite a bit of they had sakura eventually take down kabuto. i'd like to see it happen and i think it would give more weight to her character and her abilities and further the show's theme of the various genin's growth and development along well.

i wonder if she'd get super strong, too? though i thought that was a tsunade side-effect cause of her blood.. perhaps she'll get something else...

Mut
Sat, 10-23-2004, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by: ohpeekaboo
i wonder if she'd get super strong, too? though i thought that was a tsunade side-effect cause of her blood.. perhaps she'll get something else...
don't tell me that you think her strength is a part of her bloodline...

xtort
Sat, 10-23-2004, 02:45 AM
You have to admit the anime episode where she uprooted a ship's mast gives a significant creedence to the idea that she's strength-training or some such. I highly doubt Sakura's family has a f'ing Bowflex, and with the plethora of drugs we've seen people take, anabolic steroids aren't out of the question, but the simpler answer is that she's a rough and tumble wench. We've had enough evidence to point to it that I don't need to make a shopping list. And although I know I know I know, Itachi is stronger, he smells better, and well, when he dances, it lights up all the fanboy eyes, but Itachi should be segregated to the loser thread that was started a year ago to keep all the turds in one toilet.

-xtortout

kyubisrage
Sat, 10-23-2004, 02:56 AM
lol its gonna be wierd seeing sakura kicking ppls asses man she better gets some breasts cuss shes ugly lool

Assertn
Sat, 10-23-2004, 02:58 AM
nah, kabuto will end up being a good guy at some point.....
or maybe he'll become a villian who was secretly using orochimaru as a pawn

either way, i sense there'll be conflict between him and oro in the future

Raven
Sat, 10-23-2004, 04:01 AM
I don't think there'll be a Sakura training arc... most likely they're just setting up her development for some sort of time-jump that might happen in the future. I'm not saying there will be one, it's just a thought.

Omake
Sat, 10-23-2004, 05:04 AM
On the Itachi discussion - bringing him in now would be a bit forced. You can do three things with his character right now. One, you can have him appear and do the same thing he did last time, which is just tear shit up and then enigmatically leave, which accomplishes nothing and would just annoy everyone. Two, you can resolve his situation, which would best be saved for when the manga is nearing tis end since Sasuke isn't nearly strong enough to duel and defeat Itachi yet; no one would find an even fight with them believable. Three, you can have him appear and tear shit up, reveal an aspect of the mystery behind him (such as the original purpose of the Uchiha doujutsu), then have him enigmatically leave, which would just be asinine since yet again he would just appear and disappear without a change in his situation.

Himura_san
Sat, 10-23-2004, 06:27 AM
I agree. Although we have not seen him for a while, Itachi's return at this point would be a bit premature. Kishimoto needs to lay the groundworks for Itachi's arc and that has not been done yet.

winstonn
Sat, 10-23-2004, 10:05 AM
i think the only time we see itachi again is perhaps when sasuke makes his reappearance... the 2 characters seem to be interlinked in the sense that kishimoto places more emphasis on sasuke's hatred for itachi rather than itachi going for naruto.. i feel that in terms of kishimoto view's (not the story) he rather work more on sasuke against itachi rather than itachi capturing naruto because from the story i feel he is laying the ground work for a potential mega clash between sasuke and itachi in the near future..

Stoopider
Sat, 10-23-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

Originally posted by: ohpeekaboo
don't tell me that you think her strength is a part of her bloodline...

Nah. Maybe not bloodline. She's just mental. With her dual personality syndrome. Inner Sakura stuff.

being one screw less, she's able to channel her inner power like Rock Lee and push past the human limit and open her heavently gates. (umm. open her gates sounds very sexual. dunno why).

Anyway. Lets see Sakura get boobies!

Hatake Kakashi
Sat, 10-23-2004, 11:21 AM
Damn, Sakura and Tsunade really look a like...

I would have liked to see more of that Akatsuki dude that was in 234 though. He looked like an interesting character.

Ryllharu
Sat, 10-23-2004, 02:30 PM
I don't know if this anyone else remembers, but this isn't the first time Sakura decided to make herself more useful. The whole micro-arc in the Chunnin exam that resulted in her cutting off her hair was a pretty big jump for her, despite how little it actually changed her influence on the story (tied/lost to Ino, got captured by Gaara, cried a lot when Sasuke left).

Comparatively, this one is 100 times as huge. Medic-nin is perfect for the traits she has introduced at the beginning of the series. And medic-nin's are clearly really useful, without them, we would have lost probably 3-4 characters in the last arc.

Sakura's a main character, its about time she got a little more character development.

kyubisrage
Sat, 10-23-2004, 02:54 PM
but still lol can u really see sakura with a serious face and kicking ass with a lot of jutsus and shit? I dunno why I hate i just do i guess i find her really annoying.
Also my guess is that naruto will probably start training for jiraiya or maybe kakashi my best bet is jiraiya